PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Final: (1) C.Wozniacki def. E.Vesnina 6-2 6-3 for her 15th title!!!!!!!!!!

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Congrats on the 15th title, Caroline! She is winning on clay too :worship: Nothing can stop her atm, great stuff! :worship: Suck it, haters :wavey:

Miracle Worker
So easy :sobbing:

kman
What a beast she's become.

azinna
Solid from Caro. Good beginning to the clay season.

Caralenko
Pointed to the wrong mark to get the final break and then fistpumped. :weirdo: Disgusting.

toxina90
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:49 PM
:unsure:

TheBoiledEgg
Bores Lena into submission :sad:

kman
What a beast she's become.

DiogoP.
Expected.

Stamp Paid
QtPluXq_hko

Get em Woz :dance:

doomsday
No Comment.

Ryusuke Tenma
26 winners, 10 unforced errors, 6 aces, 0 double faults! :wavey:
No Comment.
Translation: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Chakvenus
Ves :sad:
You'll get that first title sometime!

sandv1
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Expected ...but appreciated! :lick::yeah:

Roookie
Pointed to the wrong mark to get the final break and then fistpumped. :weirdo: Disgusting.

Didn't you retire? :lol:

A-Bond
This is really amazing, I mean she's just 20!! Interesting to see if she can keep this up her whole Tennis career... As for Elena of course it would have been too nice but whatever, I blame Wickmayer :o

WozTakesAll
Caroooo ;)

6 aces, 26 winners, 10 UE. Solid!

Natash.
Vesnina :sad: In the singles and doubles final. A lot of tennis for you but I hope you will get that title eventually :hug:

Nicolás89
Sensational performance. :hearts: Come on! :worship:

Pointed to the wrong mark to get the break and then fistpumped. :weirdo: Disgusting.

Didn't happen. It was clearly out. :weirdo:

Viktymise

My favourite was that c'mon late in the 2nd after another meek FH winner that barely scraped over the net. Exciting stuff.

Craig.
Once a bridesmaid, always a bridesmaid. :lol:

Grats Woz.

scandic78
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM

:lol:

Ugh dammit - good try from Lena.

Great crowd in attendance today though ;)

danieln1
26 winners, 10 unforced errors, 6 aces, 0 double faults! :wavey:

Translation: :bigcry: :bigcry:

World number 1 stats, that no one can deny!

new-york
Really well played.
Vesnina would have needed to play GREAT all the time.

If Vika keeps it up they could have some interesting matches. :)

Jane Lane
Lena :hug: I want her to get a title so badly. Win the dubs!

goldenlox
Now Caro is holding 8 titles. 7 of those are Premiers, and she doesnt have to defend a Premier until Rogers Cup.
Caro might be holding 10-15 titles by then

Mynarco
Expected really. Wozniacki is too consistent for Lena V to handle.
Good play from Wozniacki, especially how she fended off BPs in 2nd set.
Lena's game is a joy to watch, especially on clay. She needs to win a title though. Play Baku, PLEASE.

By the way Lena's grunt is such a turn-on :oh:

Kworb
Wozniacki was good. Vesnina too many stupid errors.

harloo
Sour grapes I see. The bottom line is Vesnina was never going to win this match. We all knew it. How in the hell did she make the finals anyway?:tape::o

Blu€
3rd title of the year and 15 in total! :yeah::inlove:
Keep it up Caro! Get some rest please!
Nice handshake ;)
Lena will get another chance ;)

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Wrong! You obviously didn't watch the match and made this up! The mark was out :wavey:

BartoLiNa
This match was enjoyable. Caro actually dominated alot of the rallies and was pretty much rock solid throughout. She started off this tournament not playing too well but she has managed to improve and win the tournament like a true champion should.

As for Vesnina, she just doesn't posses the firepower or consistency to beat Caro in her current form, but still it was a great week for her. This will do a lot for her confidence I'm sure.

Sharapovian
Another final loss for Elena.

Well done Caro.

Broseghini
Number 1 :worship: Win Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome and RG now :o :shrug:

schorsch

Does it surprise you :haha: ? She even turned her back and fistpumped in order to make it look like she was absolutely sure :lol:

What can you do? When you have no personality (those pathetic cmons when the crowd was cheering against her :haha: ) and no aesthetic nor inspiring game you have to do anything to get far.

All of the HL of this match belonged to Vesnina except a fluke bh down the line winner on the run by WozZzZz :lol:

Great week Vesnina :)

Frederik

You're a clown. :lol:

Natash.
My favourite was that c'mon late in the 2nd after another meek FH winner that barely scraped over the net. Exciting stuff.

That one was my favorite. :sobbing: Was as short as her second serves. :lol:

Noctis
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:53 PM
congrats Green clay.
red clay let'see now :oh:

Ryusuke Tenma
I can feel your pain and disappointment that Caroline got another title :awww: :awww: :bigcry:

Ryan

You're such a bitter bint. I'd say try to photoshop the result into a different outcome, but we know how abysmal you are at that. :tape:

MyskinaManiac
This is really amazing, I mean she's just 20!! Interesting to see if she can keep this up her whole Tennis career... As for Elena of course it would have been too nice but whatever, I blame Wickmayer :o

Have you ever heard of Martina Hingis?

Seems average to me. There's no competition out there for her.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Does it surprise you :haha: ? She even turned her back and fistpumped in order to make it look like she was absolutely sure :lol:

What can you do? When you have no personality (those pathetic cmons when the crowd was cheering against her :haha: ) and no aesthetic nor inspiring game you have to do anything to get far.

All of the HL of this match belonged to Vesnina except a fluke bh down the line winner on the run by WozZzZz :lol:

The haters are angry and upset :hysteric: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Ryan
Oh, and congrats Caro. Very important to start the year off well, since she's defending a boatload of points post-Wimbledon!

Lucemferre
Definitely hingis of this era. But she needs to win a major this year.

hotandspicey
Ves :rolleyes: for getting "pushed" around.

TennisFan66
No-one injured *check*

WD to Caroline. Very good match. Vesnina is something like 20 places better than her current ranking imho.

Interesting change in attitude from Caro. The arm twisting from WTA to play Charleston made her look rather sulky and uninterested in the beginning (Barbora match; didnt see Falconi. Too easy anyway).

During Wickmayer battle (one of the matches of the year so far according to British ES), the strong crowd support made Caro 'care'. Even a few 'come ons' in the final :lol:

I shall now lean back and wait to see what the usual GM idiots will come up with today.

Doully
The fantastic season continues. :)
This is what I expect from the world no.1. Consistently good, solid tennis week in and week out.

doomsday
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Now Caro is holding 8 titles. 7 of those are Premiers, and she doesnt have to defend a Premier until Rogers Cup.
Caro might be holding 10-15 titles by then

So?

Hian
She's not really good on clay. Risked to lose to Barbie, Yanina and Jelena.
Elena, on the other side, isn't a very good player. Nothing special, mentally weak, happy she won't be seeded at RG.

bandabou
Nice win by Caro. Elena didn't have anything to hurt Caro, so the match was never in doubt. She's becoming quite the force..and with Kim iffy, nobody really left who has the mind and game to stop Caro.

stangtennis
http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57564&stc=1&d=1302461642
1st Set Summary

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57565&stc=1&d=1302461642
Match Summary

Frederik
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
(those pathetic cmons when the crowd was cheering against her :haha: )

Maybe it was because the crowd wanted to see a 3rd set. :rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Ves. :hug: Still scarred from previous chokes against Woz?

I really hope she gets that elusive first title soon, her game is awesome to see when it clicks IMO.

Roookie
Well well well :lol:. Caro played a great match. Vesnina had to play out of her skin to win a game. She was really really tough on bps. Also Caro went from worst to better through the tournament. A clear RG contender IMO. :shrug:

QuietPlease
First Premier clay court title :bounce:

Well, done Caro. Now get some rest before the European clay court season. :cool:

Andreas
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM
A pretty good match with a lot of nice points. This was definitely Caro's best perfomance this week and she looked pretty comfortable on the clay.

Lena had a great week, and I'm sure she's not too disappointed after this loss.

Everyone knew that ball was out; Wozniacki, Vesnina and Asderaki. Did you see how quickly Eva went out of her chair? :rolleyes: Stop making up shit, Cara.

toxina90
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:57 PM

No...Hingis was a far more interesting player to watch. :)

pav
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Nice win by Caro. Elena didn't have anything to hurt Caro, so the match was never in doubt. She's becoming quite the force..and with Kim iffy, nobody really left who has the mind and game to stop Caro.
Um, Bepa,Vika,and a couple of perhapsers(not a word?)

Paldias
:o Sigh... the WTA tour is such SHIT right now.

Vaidisova
Congrats Caroline! Good luck for the rest of the clay season.

DownInAHole
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:59 PM

I like her "smile" when she is serving. It is both adorable and slightly demented.

gmak
Caro :yeah: :) title # 15 ;)
never in doubt

Lena V lost a final to Kudryavtseva :help: :o :lol:
she was never going to win this :shrug:

Break My Rapture
You're such a bitter bint. I'd say try to photoshop the result into a different outcome, but we know how abysmal you are at that. :tape:
:weirdo:

Rix643
Ves, so sad I really hoped you get that elusive first title. :hug:

Woz, without a doubt a dominating power on the tour for years to come. :eek: Congrats, well done :yeah:

Optima
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Yeah right.

Congrats, Caroline :yeah:

WTAtennisfan15
Caro is just too solid ATM! :)
Vesnina had her changes, but she made too many errors.
I am very impressed of Caro's serving, it's constantly getting better! :D

goldenlox
This week showed Caro can cover the court and play her game on clay.
She was injured last year.
Now on to red clay. Caro has a huge lead at #1, so preparing for Paris should be her focus.
Lena has a doubles final now

Nicolás89

WTH? Quit inventing bull !! :lol:

Roookie
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM

:hysteric:

Patrick345
By far the best match of the week for Wozniacki. Probably thought she might as well win the tournament, if nobody else wants it and she did so in impressive fashion.

Pump-it-UP
NID. Best she's played all week. :yeah:

I have high expectations for this thread after what happened to yesterday's. :devil:

Sp!ffy
Yawn. How many grand slam titles does she have again? :yawn:

Lucemferre
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:02 PM
This week showed Caro can cover the court and play her game on clay.
She was injured last year.
Now on to red clay. Caro has a huge lead at #1, so preparing for Paris should be her focus.
Lena has a doubles final now

No it didn't. Green clay is a joke surface and has nothing to do with red clay.

Macomere
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
i thought it was only me that thought so :drool::lol:

Frederik
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
The amount of bitching in these threads is just ridiculous. :lol:

Oooh... Caro pointed to the wrong mark.
Oooh... Caro only won because the sun was irritating her opponent.
Oooh... Caro only won because she manipulated the hawk-eye.

Some poster here are pathetic. ;)

Shinjiro
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Um, Bepa,Vika,and a couple of perhapsers(not a word?)
Per-maybe-haps.

Mynarco
i thought it was only me that thought so :drool::lol:

That grunt when she hits the winner to seal the game at 3-3 :sobbing::oh:

Nicolás89

:yawn: Is that your answer for everything? and oh, so much for "empty stands" the court was filled with Caro fans. :drool:

Frederik
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:05 PM

What does that have to do with the Charleston tournament? :lol:

Mistress of Evil
Expected :shrug:
Congratz, Karolina :yeah:

terjw
WD Caro :worship: 15 titles now and today and against a very dangerous player.

Vesnina's play at the net and her drop shots were really good. I don't think she missed a single volley or got passed. And Caro usually runs drop shots down and wins far more than she loses if not at first then as matches go on. But I don't think Vesnina lost a single drop shot she did. Her play on all those BPs in the 2nd set was really good.

Pity no-one in this thread is giving her any credit at all.

Tezuka.
Congrts Caro. Nina.:hug:

The Witch-king
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
n9v50i_MqL4

git it girl :inlove:

Henpova
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Congrats Caro....but it tournament sucked ass....I am not saying it because Woz won...I am just think it sucked..well there will be better ones coming up....I hope...

CloudAtlas
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Well done to Caro. She always seems to win a title after a bad loss the week before lol. Hopefully she'll continue this trend for a long time :p

Venina played well , but was outmatched tonight. Woz a very different player now from their two matches at Ponte Vedra beach.

Dominika23
let keep it up Caroline Wozniacki let win another 6 title this year only three to go. Vesnina gotta pick it up hope you do win yourself a title this year

Ryusuke Tenma
Ves :rolleyes: for getting "pushed" around.
Surely, if Wozniacki was pushing her around, then she was the more aggressive? Your post fails at making fun of Wozniacki :lol:
So?
You are so bitter, it's unreal :lol:

Macomere
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
That grunt when she hits the winner to seal the game at 3-3 :sobbing::oh:

i ran to the bathroom on that one :oh: :haha: :oh:

TennisFan66
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
:yawn: Is that your answer for everything? and oh, so much for "empty stands" the court was filled with Caro fans. :drool:

Its a Pova fan. We have to give them some space. They only have a past; and its more than 3 years ago.

Then again, as a Villain I should subscribe to that ticket. We have a GREAT past (not so good atm, but it doesn't matter. We have won something in the past).

doooma6816
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Good performance from Woz.
Congrats Caro.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh btw, Wozniacki's h2h against Russians is now 38-4 since April 2009 :haha: :haha: :worship: Russian killer :worship:

backhandsmash
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
NID. Best she's played all week. :yeah:

I have high expectations for this thread after what happened to yesterday's. :devil:

Don't worry, they are well on their way, already.

Mynarco
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Aggressive play from Caro? Checked since I saw her in Doha against Pennetta. The only thing I hope is that she can stop calling Piotr on court that often. Somehow this behaviour makes doubters question her ability to win slam because her game might not be the same without coaching

Bismarck.
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I thought it was a decent match, and considering how terrible the quality on show this week has been, it was nice to see an improvement.

Well done to Caroline on her title winnings. :worship:

Beatjunkie
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Good job Caro

The Daviator
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Caroline Wozniacki :worship: 26 winners in a 62 63 win, not bad :cool: Should have been easier, had BPs in pretty much every Ves service game.

15 titles, keep 'em coming :dance:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Caro played really well against a tricky opponent like Vesnina, who was really solid and missed few volleys and drops making them her smart try to break the danish wall, but it wasn't enough and the last game she collapsed.
still it was a nice match to watch and once again Caro proved she's way too solid for almost everyone on tour

doomsday
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Surely, if Wozniacki was pushing her around, then she was the more aggressive? Your post fails at making fun of Wozniacki :lol:

You are so bitter, it's unreal :lol:

I'm not. I just don't see the point arguing about Caro holding I don't know how many titles, is that a record or sth. Goldenlox just love to post the same thing again and over again noone give a shit about those stats btw, prolly not even her.

zhengjieforever
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
She's not really good on clay. Risked to lose to Barbie, Yanina and Jelena.
Elena, on the other side, isn't a very good player. Nothing special, mentally weak, happy she won't be seeded at RG.

i don't think she's mentally weak; she made goerges go 0-9 for on BPs in the 3rd set, allowing her to win after dropping the first set. then against shushu she fought off 2 match points and made bher go like 3-12 on BPs overall. shuai could've totally taken that match if it weren't for her resilience. shushu might have choked a little, but vesnina also was very mentally tough during those times.

but wozniacki has to be like one of the most mentally tough players on the tour who can make the other player self destruct. she can make anyone have an unusual amount of UEs

doomsday
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Oh btw, Wozniacki's h2h against Russians is now 38-4 since April 2009 :haha: :haha: :worship: Russian killer :worship:

Again, what kind of stat is that?
But hey no majors, no big titles so you can only focus on that I guess. SAD

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I do like those stats. Its hard to win titles, and she's holding 8.
Of course you want to see the best players winning majors, Caro has years ahead of her, and I think she is still improving.

TennisFan66
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Is that in any way similar to you having only one lifeline left?

LCS
Bombshell.

Vikapower
So?

She's one of the greatest... Even Steffi couldn't pull out these stuffs. ;)

tkutsaar
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM

My goodness yet another criminal act perpetuated by Caro, spotted by an ever vigilant Caro hater! Caro apparently is able to con the chair umpire to look at a wrong mark to win an undeserved point. The list of things to hate about Caro just keeps getting longer.

Fantasy Hero
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
weren't you dead? :unsure:

C. W. Fields
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Interesting how both players could find an extra gear when they has BPs against them so only 3 of 14 were converted (3/10 & 0/4). Lena played a pretty good match but she had a few too many erros from her FH side. Caro was both sharp and solid. Her 2nd serves are still too attackable but she was sharp on 1st serves. She was a little slow getting to the drop shots but she volleyed well and was generally effective finishing off points. Lena had a good number of Ws when Caro's groundstrokes got too short but most of them were good and deep and kept the Russian on the baseline.

I'm glad Caro got a Charleston title since it's doubtful she'll play the tournament again. The next two years Copenhagen will be played the week just after Charleston and I doubt Caro wants to play IW, Miami, Charleston and Copenhagen back-to-back.
Get some rest now and be fresh and ready for an uninjured red clay season, girl. :)

Frederik
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Again.... what does that have to do with this tournament?

You're bitching about goldenlox's pointless stats... just to post the number of majors Caro has won...

Mixal
I thought this tournament was better than Miami :shrug:

Great pushing from Caro. Credit to her for stepping it up every time she was in trouble. Good serving too. It was actually her best performance of the week.

Vesnina was good on offence, but her serve wasn't as good as it was yesterday and the day before. Her defense was bad, each time Wozniacki turned from defence to offence, she would lose the point immediately. Although she fought well in the 2nd, of course she crumbled in the end when she didn't convert these break points.

Great week for both :wavey:

Bonfire
YAY!!!!
Congrats Caro:bounce::bounce::bounce:
No ankle injuries to speak of and first title on green clay...great week! :D

DownInAHole
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Caroline and Viktoria are BFF's, it must be nice for both of them to win a title on the same day, especially since one of them did not have to beat the other.

Mynarco
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Interesting how both players could find an extra gear when they has BPs against them so only 3 of 14 were converted (3/10 & 0/4). Lena played a pretty good match but she had a few too many erros from her FH side. Caro was both sharp and solid. Her 2nd serves are still too attackable but she was sharp on 1st serves. She was a little slow getting to the drop shots but she volleyed well and was generally effective finishing off points. Lena had a good number of Ws when Caro's groundstrokes got too short but most of them were good and deep and kept the Russian on the baseline.

I'm glad Caro got a Charleston title since it's doubtful she'll play the tournament again. The next two years Copenhagen will be played the week just after Charleston and I doubt Caro wants to play IW, Miami, Charleston and Copenhagen back-to-back.
Get some rest now and be fresh and ready for an uninjured red clay season, girl. :)

Why putting Copenhagen in the middle of clay season?

ViennaCalling
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Woz played really good IMHO :shrug:
Can't stand her though ... don't like her sunshine aura :help:
But she is a good number 1, better than Ivanovic or Safina because she wins matches :lol:

doomsday
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM

You're bitching about goldenlox's pointless stats... just to post the number of majors Caro has won...

They show up first with those useless stats especially WordLife just to bash Russians players so I play their game cause I know I'm gonna win.:lol:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Routine win.

simonsaystennis
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I never would have pegged her to win this title based on her early round performances... You have to hand it to her. Amazing turnaround this week. This is WHY she is ranked number one. I'm not a huge Wozniacki fan, but I have enormous respect from her. :worship:

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Highlights hmmm maybe but do they get you 15 titles, from where I am sitting it looks like 0.

I thought Carolines ace on a second serve kind of neat, definitly a highlight.

Sp!ffy
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM

Also has 0 grand slam titles since then too...:happy:

But of course as a Caro fan, you have to focus on the irrelevant statistics that no one will care about in a few years. :haha:

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Geeez I thought my niece would never get off my laptop.

Congrats Sunshine! Great Match

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((-_-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love Vesnina too, so congrats to her also

Foxy

Joe.
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I love Vesnina. :awww:

The match was a lot closer than the score makes it seem. Lena V played some great tennis- showing some amazing touch in particular. Most of the games went to deuce and she did fail to convert quite a lot of BPs. Caro did serve very well today which kinda sucked for me but she has definitely started to play more aggressively and can't really be called a pusher after today's match. Having said that, she'll probably go back into pusher mode when she gets onto the red stuff. Anyway, overall a good match from Lena and as much as I hate to admit it- Caro was too good.:o(and also benefited from a lot of luck on certain breakpoints :no: )

C. W. Fields
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Why putting Copenhagen in the middle of clay season?

It's not really in the middle of clay season. If Caro skips Charleston next year Copenhagen will follow Miami and just be the last spring HC tournament and she can start the clay season with Stuttgart afterwards. She just won't be playing any green clay.
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/WTAcalendar2012.pdf

CWTennis
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the 15th title Caro! :) Well done Sunshine! :worship:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ejc9rM8xx50p/x610.jpg

Elena :hug: Good luck in doubles! :cheer:

hankqq
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Wozniacki played pretty well :yeah:
I do hope Vesnina can win a singles title in the near future :lol: :awww: When she has her head together she can be a very tough opponent.

goldenlox
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:51 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/f9/fullj.1e4aae0208e98273b833617ace0bb79f/ap-beed61a0d9e5443bba2fd2a8ea4c0e17.jpg AP
2011-04-10

Caroline Wozniacki (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/1436/), of Denmark, kisses the championship trophy after her victory over Elena Vesnina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/players/1190/) during finals action at the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament in Charleston, S.C., Sunday, April 10, 2011. Wozniacki defeated Vesnina 6-2, 6-3 to win the championship.

GoofyDuck
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Why can't I just like Wozniacki,
I would be trolling this forum with all the other Woz morons and have the same disgusting pics of her in my sig.

Andreas
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM
It's not really in the middle of clay season. If Caro skips Charleston next year Copenhagen will follow Miami and just be the last spring HC tournament and she can start the clay season with Stuttgart afterwards. She just won't be playing any green clay.
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/WTAcalendar2012.pdf

Will they still be using Farum Arena as the venue next year? For some reason I thought it would be moved outdoors on red clay :o

VishaalMaria
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Well done.

Really hope she takes it easy soon. The worst thing she can do is to burn out and fail to defend points, sending her ranking awry.

RR-87
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Lena :hug:

another MM title for slamless number one :yeah: enjoy :kiss:

Derek.
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Caro. :worship:

fantic
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Vesnina's play at the net and her drop shots were really good. I don't think she missed a single volley or got passed. And Caro usually runs drop shots down and wins far more than she loses if not at first then as matches go on. But I don't think Vesnina lost a single drop shot she did. Her play on all those BPs in the 2nd set was really good.

THIS.

I was pretty impressed with Vesnina :yeah:

Pasta-Na
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
vesnina :hug:

Temperenka
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Sunshine!! Well done! Great week with Caroline and Vika winning the two titles. :inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Congrats Sunshine :yeah:

Slamniacki
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
*pukes*

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Yay for Caro, at least one of my faves is having a good year :cheer:

QuietPlease
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Nice change actually.
This year is pretty lame, Copenhagen (Hard Court) played between Roland Garros and Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

Bingain
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Caro :cheer::cheer:
Vesnina :hug::hug:

The Daviator
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
My goodness yet another criminal act perpetuated by Caro, spotted by an ever vigilant Caro hater! Caro apparently is able to con the chair umpire to look at a wrong mark to win an undeserved point. The list of things to hate about Caro just keeps getting longer.

:lol: :worship:

QuietPlease
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Also has 0 grand slam titles since then too...:happy:

But of course as a Caro fan, you have to focus on the irrelevant statistics that no one will care about in a few years. :haha:

Winning 15 titles aged 20 is not useless.
Some would argue Elena Dementieva is the greatest player not to win a Slam. She won 16 titles.
True, Dementieva won the Olympics, but was never ranked #1.

At 20 Caroline has almost achieved as much as the great Lena D!

WozLolz
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Another day, another title in the Adidas by Stella McCartney bag. She saved her best for last. Looked incredibly tough to beat. Congrats, Lemon Danish!

:hug: Elena. Keep plugging away. You'll get that title. ;)

Beat
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
wozniacki played very well. not that vesnina was ever going to win a final, mind you.

backhandsmash
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:35 PM
"Caroline Wozniacki, Queen Of Carolina"

http://www.wtatennis.com/javaImages/e8/19/0,,12781~9574888,00.jpg

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20110410/caroline-wozniacki-queen-of-carolina_2256076_2335644

Dodoboy.
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
So many bitter bitches! Please STEP!

Caro, on to the next one. Let's go!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zxqzxt.jpg

rucolo
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats for winning Charleston, sweet Caroline! :worship::bounce:

Title #15 (and 10 of them are Premier titles) :yeah:

Elena, keep this high level please :hug:

Serenita
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Expected! :shrug:

Bingain
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Yeah, Vesnina played many amazing shots. I enjoyed them a lot, too and I like her play.

IMHO there are 3 major reasons why she lost:
a) Caro has raised her level a lot from yesterday. With the level Caro had yesterday Vesnina would have won this match convincingly. In fact had they switched SF opponents Vesnina would be playing Peng for the champ. How JJ had managed to lose that match is still beyond me.

b) Vernina still hasn't learned about consistency. Almost always, she would waste a marvelous shot and a hard-earned point with a WTF UE. This is disheartening just to watch. It has to take a huge psychological toll off her.

c) She lacked that "belief" in her eyes. I don't even think she had that "Dammit I'll fight till the end no matter what" mentality that Bartoli showed at IW.

No matter what, whenever Vesnina goes into a final she can count on my support.

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Congrats. :)

Linguae^
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Boring.

C. W. Fields
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Will they still be using Farum Arena as the venue next year? For some reason I thought it would be moved outdoors on red clay :o

Playing a tournament outdoors in April in Northern Europe would be begging for trouble with rain (sometimes even snow). There's a reason Stuttgart is being played indoors! ;)

iGOAT
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Caro is so good :inlove::worship: once again showing why she is the number one. Just like Serena Williams, she had some tough early matches before playing her way into the tournament and dominating the second best (JaJa) and winning the final with no problem.

On to red clay :sport: I can't see her losing to anyone other than Vera or maybe JaJa, although she did just beat her this week ;).

I hope and think she will keep playing this tournament :) she used to play PVB and Charleston after IW/Miami, so I don't see why she can't play Copenhagen after. Hopefully they will change that tournament to red clay though.

This was a great tournament :bounce: the Wozniacki-Wickmayer match was amazing and some good players and match-ups all week.

iGOAT
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Yeah, Vesnina played many amazing shots. I enjoyed them a lot, too and I like her play.

IMHO there are 3 major reasons why she lost:
a) Caro has raised her level a lot from yesterday. With the level Caro had yesterday Vesnina would have won this match convincingly. In fact had they switched SF opponents Vesnina would be playing Peng for the champ. How JJ had managed to lose that match is still beyond me.

b) Vernina still hasn't learned about consistency. Almost always, she would waste a marvelous shot and a hard-earned point with a WTF UE. This is disheartening just to watch. It has to take a huge psychological toll off her.

c) She lacked that "belief" in her eyes. I don't even think she had that "Dammit I'll fight till the end no matter what" mentality that Bartoli showed at IW.

No matter what, whenever Vesnina goes into a final she can count on my support.
These three reasons are completely :cuckoo: there is NO WAY Vesnina could have beaten Wozniacki. Even a way less-good Caro playing shitty beat her TWICE in PVB ON THIS SURFACE. FAIL. Vesnina also played very well today, just not enough. And Peng-Vesnina for the title :spit: there is no way.

AcesHigh
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Vesnina needs to continue some kind of form.

Hopefully she won't go back to being useless.

Congrats Caro. It's going to be A LOT harder for the rest of the clay season.

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Respect to Caro.

But Ves. :help: 0-5 in finals. :awww:

LUXXXAS
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:33 PM
oh my god I am sick of this girl :rolleyes:

backhandsmash
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.wtatennis.com/javaImages/8f/1c/0,,12781~9575567,00.jpg

Yeah, baby!

miffedmax
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:53 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fI6UD1qEGEg/S17v4U-HP0I/AAAAAAAAAv0/XyBvJPe9SOM/s320/Azarenka+Wozniacki.jpg
:bowdown: to the LOB.

backhandsmash
Apr 10th, 2011, 11:59 PM
League Of Badasses? No?

Blondes?

Bitches?

:)

Corswandt
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Why can't I just like Wozniacki,
I would be trolling this forum with all the other Woz morons and have the same disgusting pics of her in my sig.

Because you have taste?

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Caro :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vee Williams
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:51 AM
15 titles! Impressive.
She has more titles than Sveta, Jelena, Dinara, Vera, and Ana already.
Maria is next with 22.

King Halep
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I was thinking of getting up to see this :hah:

Craig.
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Wozniacki played very well, I don't like her much, but full credit to her :shrug: I must say she's a lot more enjoyable to watch when her serve's clicking too because it forces her to be offensive.

pwayne
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:16 AM
0 red clay titles for Caroline in her career.

BlueTrees
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Never in doubt. :(

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:51 AM

Maybe when she hits the European clay courts she should wear green tinted glasses?:scratch:

starin
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Nothing can stop the irresistable wall of Wozniacki!! :worship::worship:

Sp!ffy
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Some would argue Elena Dementieva is the greatest player not to win a Slam. She won 16 titles.

I obviously wasn't talking about the titles. I was talking about the H2H thing against Russians and other dumb, little stuff that Caro fans harp on.

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I obviously wasn't talking about the titles. I was talking about the H2H thing against Russians and other dumb, little stuff that Caro fans harp on.

Until she wins a major "dumb, little stuff" is all we can cling to.;)

Renalicious
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:04 AM
She wins like every second title :lol:

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM

It's true. Lena is the standard for incredible awesomeness.

She was also really, really good at tennis.

KBlade
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I don't even think Wozniacki winning a slam will make a difference to her following on this board. People will still claim she fluked it, got a cake walk draw, her opponent was injured, or she's the worst player ever to win a slam etc. Not even a fan, but that's how it seems to go.

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:44 AM
I don't even think Wozniacki winning a slam will make a difference to her following on this board. People will still claim she fluked it, got a cake walk draw, her opponent was injured, or she's the worst player ever to win a slam etc. Not even a fan, but that's how it seems to go.
Caro can win 5 plus majors and the haters will say its a weak era.
Who cares. Just enjoy her consistency and quality play.

Nico_E
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
mickey mouse title 15 :lol::zzz:

CloudAtlas
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:01 AM

It's true. I remember when people said Wozniacki would never make another GS final because the first was a fluke and she would never get such a cake walk draw again. Her last two semis were extremely winnable and she could have had 3 finals by now. I know she didn't get to the finals but the point is that she got close so the fluke argument can be put to rest , but it hasn't been. Will be the same if she ever wins a Slam.

The truth is that Serena and Kim are the only players who she would need to beat in a Slam in order for her detractors to have nothing on her in terms of criticism. (since her wins against every other top player have been pretty much downplayed on here too) But even then people would claim they're both at the end of their careers so a win doesn't count.

As a Wozniacki fan I've learned to just block all the unneccessary hate out and just focussing on continuing to support her.

Reptilia
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Still a great tournament for Ves. Keep it up!

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM

you have really been cutting up lately. :lol:

Will Masha winning Rome or Madrid make it all better? What must happen for Spiffy to be happy again? :awww:

Bingain
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM
you have really been cutting up lately. :lol:

Will Masha winning Rome or Madrid make it all better? What must happen for Spiffy to be happy again? :awww:

Nah. who cares about Rome or Madrid?

Two phenomena:
a) Masha repairs her serve, wins every match she plays. Claims 16 major titles, beats Roger Muggerer and Tiger Mugwood in sports earnings, and retire.

b) Masha retires now to get away from the mug club. Gets married, gives birth to 3 daughters: one future tennis GOAT, one future golf GOAT, and one .... hmmm... figure skating GOAT, one of them will marry Mr. Spiffy's son.

tkutsaar
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I watched the Peng-Vesnina semi final and I could tell that neither one of them was going to be a serious threat to Caro. Actually Elena played a much better game than I had expected. She hit several winners where Caro was caught completely out of position. She just was not good enough to strike those winners consistently.

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Nothing can stop the irresistable wall of Wozniacki!! :worship::worship:

http://www.wiz-urd.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/orly2nm.gif
lets wait till RG ...or Wimbledon :oh:

Lachy
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Getting rather concerned right now. None of my ballbasher's are on their game...we need a Kvitova or someone to step up and show this chick who's boss :rolls:

LoveFifteen
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:23 AM

I agree. Wozniacki could win the next 15 tournaments including Slams, and people will just say she pushed her way to the titles in a weak era. I'm not a big fan either, but I wish people could respect the fact that she does walk out onto the tennis court and play. It takes a lot to do that and win over and over.

JJTennisFan0007
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Expected...

That's why I was practicing my own ping pong game (I admittedly suck at tennis) instead of watching that one sided match, which most of Wozniacki's matches are like anyway.
She has a good personality, but I just wish that she would change her game and go for more shots.
It is boring watching her matches, and it is just "wrong" to be able to dominate your opponent just by continuously running balls down and getting them back onto your opponents side of the court.

Ok, now that that has been said...
I'd much rather practice ping pong than waste time here reading thousands of irrelevant posts.

Dodoboy.
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:00 AM
This match was really good! With this thread, you would have never guessed!

JadeFox
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:07 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fI6UD1qEGEg/S17v4U-HP0I/AAAAAAAAAv0/XyBvJPe9SOM/s320/Azarenka+Wozniacki.jpg
:bowdown: to the LOB.

They're slowly taking over the tennis world, implementing my evil plan.

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excel.jpg

Tuckii
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Lena :sad:

Juanes
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
easily :)

poulao
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Elena played as well as I have seen her play and it was not before that last forhand went long, that she kind of folded and one could see that she was close to tears :hug: I have to say, that I look forward to see Caro in the slams this year. There are at least a hand full of players out there, that on a good day, have the ability to beat her. Greg Couch is trying to be smart LINK (http://gregcouch.com/) "To me, the problem is that she’s not a champion. Instead, she comes off as someone good enough to beat all non-champions, all the time." :lol: WTF is it Champions do then beond that? :devil:

QuietPlease
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM

True. But she made the Madrid final (lost to Safina), and the Bastad final (lost to MJMS).
I think she'll win on red clay this season. :cheer:
She's already won on green clay, hard court (indoors and outdoors), and grass. :cool:

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Vesnina moved up to #45, and 40 in 2011 points.
She was going to skip IW because of her wrist, and Sania convinced her to stay in the doubles draw, and now they won IW & Charleston and are 6 in the race

gdmirou
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe when she hits the European clay courts she should wear green tinted glasses?:scratch:
Haha! Good one there!:lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Chuck is slightly upset that Caroline is continuing to win titles, even on clay :lol: