PDA

View Full Version : if Serena could win one more major...

1jackson2001
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:17 PM
...which one would you like it to be?

1) Australian Open - further her Open Era title lead and establish herself as Queen of AO?

2) French Open - have two of every slam in her collection, and get a "5-4-3-2" (AO-Wim-USO-FO)?

3) Wimbledon - further her greatness here and tie her sister at 5 each?

4) US Open - another one on home turf under the lights, and getting to 9 hard court slams, tying Steffi Graf?

We're not talking about likelihood of her winning each, just if you could choose one...

1jackson2001
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
For me, I'd choose French Open. Having two of each would put her in an ultra-select group.

Lucemferre
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:19 PM
What do you mean could?:fiery: She will.

FO of course :rocker:

pov
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Player forum?

1jackson2001
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:20 PM

I mean, if that were to happen, and she could only win one more. ;)

Of course it would be better if she won more than just one.

Miss Amor
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:20 PM
USO, it all started there for Sarin so it will be like completing a journey.

1jackson2001
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Player forum?

Ah yes, mods please move to this players forum, thanks!

Olórin
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty confident she will win at least a couple more.

But I would pick the FO for obvious reasons.

tea
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:29 PM
:lol:

shoryuken
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:30 PM
probably French or US to even things out but I wouldn't mind another Wimby either.

Macomere
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM
i'd pick AO

danieln1
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:33 PM
French, she said her trophy 'feels lonely there and needs another one'!!!!

Actually, she should have won there in 03, 04 and 10...

Vikapower
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Despite the intuitive attempt at selecting the posters who can post here with the title "Serena fans..." I can't resist to remind that majors aren't MMs and Rena's slam contention is far gone away when the glass off the ground sucked all the luck she had when winning these events in the past.

From reality... this was Vikapower... back to you delusion.

Miracle Worker
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:38 PM
French Open 2011...

Olórin
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:38 PM
From reality... this was Vikapower.

You should make this your standard sign off.

Sammo
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Not a fan but I would definately prefer to see her winning the US Open instead of Wozniacki or Clijsters

Stamp Paid
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Despite the intuitive attempt at selecting the posters who can post here with the title "Serena fans..." I can't resist to remind that majors aren't MMs and Rena's slam contention is far gone away when the glass off the ground sucked all the luck she had when winning these events in the past.

From reality... this was Vikapower.I wish you would stop trying to use such flowery metaphors, when you know English isnt your first language. :lol: What are you trying to say? Make it plain :lol:

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
i'm torn between french and uso. i voted french though.

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I don't actually like RG as a tournament, quite honestly(and wouldn't follow it if it weren't a major,) If we could only have ONE, I'd def pick AO to further her lead as the Open Era record holder there. USO comes at a close second since that would mean I could take a short trainride to Flushing Meadows and stalk her again watch her play :inlove:

EDIT: Surprised so many people voted French.

Temperenka
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Wow. Good question :yeah:

Obviously there would be good reasons for each one to be her last slam.

I would say the AO because that's where she's had the most success. But I hope when she retires, she says goodbye at the USO.

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I wish you would stop trying to use such flowery metaphors, when you know English isnt your first language. :lol: What are you trying to say? Make it plain :lol:

here's a couple more for you: please don't water the weeds, feed the troll, etc, etc..

Vikapower
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I wish you would stop trying to use such flowery metaphors, when you know English isnt your first language. :lol: What are you trying to say? Make it plain :lol:

When I deal so much with posters who close themselves into a bubble where Rena is still a contender like I do... it's better off using flowery metaphors and pleasurable english to have them come your way than to aggress them and have them run away. ;)

This comes from my old man experience... I'll now respect the OP's wish to let Rena fans discuss in peace of something which will never happen again. ;)

Serenita
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:11 AM
US open for me.

Vartan
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Fo.

Vee Williams
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:40 AM

Or not post at all when there is no contribution of any sort.

Lulu.
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Her slam winning days are not over but I would definitely say RG. She should have about three of those right now.

Macomere
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Serena could play till 2014 if she wishes...plenty of time to rack up 1-2 more of each major

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:09 AM
IFFFFFFFFFFFFF?! And only ONE?!

I think once fully healthy and even not completely healthy Serena will win more than one more. However if there is only the chance for one I would love for it to be Roland Garros and or US Open.

If its the US Open I hope she can ask for and be granted one request, but I won't say here what I want that request to be. It's evil :fiery:

Foxy

Vartan
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:11 AM
IFFFFFFFFFFFFF?! And only ONE?!

I think once fully healthy and even not completely healthy Serena will win more than one more. However if there is only the chance for one I would love for it to be Roland Garros and or US Open.

If its the US Open I hope she can ask for and be granted one request, but I won't say here what I want that request to be. It's evil :fiery:

Foxy

1 on 1 cage fight against Shino?

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:13 AM

This may sound stupid. Who is Shino?

Foxy

Vartan
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
This may sound stupid. Who is Shino?

Foxy

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li2xc4lhCp1qemnv0o1_500.jpg

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:18 AM

I thought so. Then ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. GO to the head of the class, Vartan :)

Foxy

Vartan
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I thought so. Then ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. GO to the head of the class, Vartan :)

Foxy

:lol:

*Jool*
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I'm not a real, hardcore fan but I've badly wanted her to win a second French Open for a few years now..hopefully she will

hankqq
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:35 AM
My preference for Serena winning more slams is:

1. RG-if she could win this a 2nd time...:hearts:
2. USO-where it all started for her
3. Wimbledon
4. AO

rimon
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:39 AM

:confused:

2003 - outplayed by Henin, a far superior clay courter.
2004 - outplayed by Capriati.
2010 - outplayed by Stosur.

Macomere
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:52 AM

outplayed? :rolleyes: and i should add to the original list, 2009...up 4-2 in the 3rd set, but got tight...ughh serena:sad:

RenaSlam.
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:57 AM
French Open.

Sharapovian
Apr 10th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Probably French Open or US Open.

starin
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:00 AM
def. Clijsters USO Final 60 60

rimon
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
outplayed? :rolleyes: and i should add to the original list, 2009...up 4-2 in the 3rd set, but got tight...ughh serena:sad:

Yes, outplayed. Stosur in particular was thrashing Serena until she choked. Same with Kuznetsova in 2009. She is an infinitelybetter clay courter than Serena, as demonstrated in her superior record at RG.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Paris :inlove:

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM

:lol: Vika, Vika...why don't you just worry about Maria and the shoulder, Vika and the heat...and let Serena become healthy again?! See...that's the only factor for Serena: health.

KBlade
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM

You do realise that by mentioning that 2003 Semi, you're just asking for a war to break out?

KBlade
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:14 AM

This :lol:

I'm a Serena fan, But I actually feel sorry for Shino. That incident will be how she is recognized for the rest of her time as an official.

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM
RG would be nice..but is too difficult right now. Serena has lost the mobility needed for clay, although she was still in some pretty good matches the last two years.

A 4th U.S. Open would be nice..not many ladies have won 3 of the 4 majors at least 4 times.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
US!!!

3 Us Open titles isn't enough for her!

rimon
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
You do realise that by mentioning that 2003 Semi, you're just asking for a war to break out?

How?

BartoLiNa
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Wimbledon. It's by far the most prestigious.

olivero
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Interesting question. I guess I'd choose FO (or AO).

J4m3ka
Apr 10th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Serena really should have won the last 3 FOs.

In 08 she was playing great clay court tennis: putting tons of spin on the ball, moving well and being patient. Then she did a Venus Williams and lost a match to a scrub which she had to reason to lose.

She started off shaky on clay in 09 but played herself into form at RG before choking to the Queen of chokers in the quarters. Another disappointing loss, how often does Serena lose a match being up a break in the final set.

The Queen struggled in 10, she showed glimpses of great play then played abysmally vs Stosur yet still held a MP. How many times has Serena lost a slam match when having a MP?

Therefore I believe another FO is definitely over due.

serenafann
Apr 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Wimbledon Or the U.S. Open,in that order.

JN
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM

Word! And all of 'em!

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Is this even a question?:p She SHOULD win FO again.

Olórin
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM

You don't get outplayed" when you have a match point. That in fact means you have played pretty well yourself and had a very good chance to win. So 2010: no.

2003: I just can't...

2004: Again, the phrase "outplayed" is so far from appropriate...both were bad. Serena was the highest seed and general betting favourite after Henin lost, so in that sense, Serena should have played better and won. Of course she had lost to nemesis Capriati in the Rome semis, so it wasn't a massive shock.

Serena has wasted a lot of opportunities to win the French Open again. That's just a fact. Of course if you've only been watching tennis for the past year or so you might not realise that.

QuietPlease
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:10 PM
1. Wimbledon
- Biggest Slam. 5 titles at two different Slams. :worship:

2. FO
- 1 really isn't enough...

3. USO
- Home soil.

4. AO
- No need to have 6 out of 14 Slams downunder.

Actually, I would prefer her winning the Olympics. Then she would have won it all :inlove:

hingis-seles
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
An additional RG title would bolster her legacy far more than a title at any of other major venues.

Belmont Lad
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The French Open.

debby
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:41 PM

I was so proud to be in your sig :sobbing: :lol:

Sorry Vikapower but that was just priceless. :lol: Found that on a french tennis forum

quick translation

Coup droit = forehand
Revers = backhand
Service = serve
Déplacements = Movements
Mental = fighting spirit, mental toughness
Solidité = consistency
Moyenne = average rate
Classement = rankings

kim
Coups droit = 3.5
Revers = 7.5
Service = 5
Déplaçements = 8
Mental = 1.5
Solidité = 7
Moyenne = 6.26

Sharapova
Coups droit = 7.5
Revers = 8.5
Service = 7
Déplaçements = 4
Mental = 9.5
Solidité = 9
Moyenne = 7.58

Vénus
Coups droit = 4
Revers = 7
Service = 9
Déplaçements = 7.5
Mental = 4.5
Solidité = 1.5
Moyenne = 5.58

Pavlyuchenkova
Coups droit = 8
Revers = 6
Service = 5
Déplaçements = 7
Mental = 5
Solidité = 7
Moyenne = 6.33

Lisicki
Coups droit = 9
Revers = 7
Service = 8
Déplaçements = 4
Mental = 4.5
Solidité = 4
Moyenne = 6.08

Azarenka
Coups droit = 8
Revers = 8.5
Service = 7
Déplaçements = 7.5
Mental = 5
Solidité = 7.5
Moyenne = 7.25

Justine
Coups droit = 8
Revers = 8.5
Service = 7
Déplaçements = 9
Mental = 5.5
Solidité = 8
Moyenne = 7.66

Wozniacki
Coups droit = 5
Revers = 7.5
Service = 7.5
Déplaçements = 8
Mental = 7.5
Solidité = 9.5
Moyenne = 7.5

Serena
Coups droit = 7.5
Revers = 9
Service = 9
Déplaçements = 5.5
Mental = 9
Solidité = 4.5
Moyenne = 6.26

Classement

1. Justine
2. Wozniacki
3. Azarenka
4. Sharapova
5. Serena
6. Pavlyuchenkova
7. Clijters
8. Venus

I wonder what he thinks about Sharapova, Wozniacki and Lisicki's game nowadays :tape:

young_gunner913
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Definitely RG.

Miss Amor
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM
We all know Vikapower is a serenafan.

He wrote this on another forum - 'How could there ever on this planet earth a game without the world n°1 in that case Ivanovic or without one of the greatest champion in women tennis Serena Williams ?'

Its funny because I used to visit that forum too.

Craig.
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
2012 RG Champion :inlove:

rimon
Apr 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM
You don't get outplayed" when you have a match point. That in fact means you have played pretty well yourself and had a very good chance to win. So 2010: no.

2003: I just can't...

2004: Again, the phrase "outplayed" is so far from appropriate...both were bad. Serena was the highest seed and general betting favourite after Henin lost, so in that sense, Serena should have played better and won. Of course she had lost to nemesis Capriati in the Rome semis, so it wasn't a massive shock.

Serena has wasted a lot of opportunities to win the French Open again. That's just a fact. Of course if you've only been watching tennis for the past year or so you might not realise that.

2010 - she was being outplayed UNTIL Stosur choked.

2003 - if you can't even come up with an argument, don't bother.

2004 - Jennifer is a better clay courter, and she pretty much always gave Serena a tough match, or beat her.

The Witch-king
Apr 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM
The FO cuz it would probably mean the most to her.

Olórin
Apr 10th, 2011, 07:27 PM
2010 - she was being outplayed UNTIL Stosur choked.

We were talking about the whole match unless I'm not mistaken. You're still wrong.

2003 - don't bother.
I didn't.

2004 - Jennifer is a better clay courter, and she pretty much always gave Serena a tough match, or beat her.

Unfortunately another fail on your part as you didn't rationalise your reasoning that Serena was "outplayed" one iota.

Also, their H2H on clay is 3-3 and their achievements quite similar, so your assertion that Jennifer is a better clay courter hasn't been borne out either.

Vikapower
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I shall come out of my reserve to say just only 3 things :

:lol: Vika, Vika...why don't you just worry about Maria and the shoulder, Vika and the heat...and let Serena become healthy again?! See...that's the only factor for Serena: health.

Well let be healthy but at 30yrs. old will only health be sufficient !!? Nothing will escape her fate from beeing defeated in the 3 next majors by greater talents... the only question is whom... I have my idea already.

I was so proud to be in your sig :sobbing: :lol:

Sorry Vikapower but that was just priceless. :lol: Found that on a french tennis forum

I wonder what he thinks about Sharapova, Wozniacki and Lisicki's game nowadays :tape:

You've taken this out of context... :lol: This was when Nastya had defeated Vee 2 times in a row in 2009... just a little ranking to show how overrated she is.

Has my opinion changed on Maria since you know me !!? Nope. Morever Sabine is still very talented and the future of women's tennis... as for pushniacki needless to say anything... ;)

We all know Vikapower is a serenafan.

He wrote this on another forum - 'How could there ever on this planet earth a game without the world n°1 in that case Ivanovic or without one of the greatest champion in women tennis Serena Williams ?'

Its funny because I used to visit that forum too.

I gave myself 4yrs. before I can root for Rena again... ;)

bandabou
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I shall come out of my reserve to say just only 3 things :

Well let be healthy but at 30yrs. old will only health be sufficient !!? Nothing will escape her fate from beeing defeated in the 3 next majors by greater talents... the only question is whom... I have my idea already.

:lol: HEALTH my friend...that's the ONLY factor. :haha: Superior talent, huh? When she finished her career with 6 less majors? :help:

Who's next? Masha...please. When is enough is enough already? How many bitch-slappings does she have to receive before you realise that she never is, was nor will be in Serena's class? :shrug:
Vika..had her shot last year at the Oz open bit then got exposed as nothing but a pretender.

AkademiQ
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'd go for another Australian or Wimbledon. stay where the magic happens.

Gdsimmons
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Well first off, she still has plenty of time to win slams. Multiple.
Even though RG is my least favorite slam, I think another title there would make me (and even Serena herself) very happy.

Mixal
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Just like most of the voters, Roland Garros

The Witch-king
Apr 10th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Well first off, she still has plenty of time to win slams. Multiple.

Not the point of the thread. Read post 1.

Vikapower
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
:lol: HEALTH my friend...that's the ONLY factor. :haha: Superior talent, huh? When she finished her career with 6 less majors? :help:

When Loit had multiple MPs in AO 2003... Rena was healthy indeed... when Peer served for the match or Petrova choked to finish off Rena in AO 2007... Rena was healthy indeed too... but what was she 25 !!? I even discounted the crapiness on these girl's nerves...

But at 30 in that kind of WTA health will just not be sufficient... furthermore luck... and only a miracle can furnish Rena's showcase with another major trophey... come back to earth for once. :lol:

Who's next? Masha...please. When is enough is enough already? How many bitch-slappings does she have to receive before you realise that she never is, was nor will be in Serena's class? :shrug:
Vika..had her shot last year at the Oz open bit then got exposed as nothing but a pretender.

You're the one that comes up with Maria like as if she's the unique superior talent !!? If the delays are respected when a player takes a 8+ months injury break...

Rena should be back in form by approximatively late next year which means talents like Petkovic would be defeating her multiple times in majors... before even the time she arms her racket to bullet aces.

doooma6816
Apr 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm not a big fan, but RG would be amazing for Serena.

And I'd like to see her beating Kim in USO final in straight sets.

*Jool*
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Serena really should have won the last 3 FOs.

In 08 she was playing great clay court tennis: putting tons of spin on the ball, moving well and being patient. Then she did a Venus Williams and lost a match to a scrub which she had to reason to lose.

:yawn:

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:48 AM
We were talking about the whole match unless I'm not mistaken. You're still wrong.

I didn't.

Unfortunately another fail on your part as you didn't rationalise your reasoning that Serena was "outplayed" one iota.

Also, their H2H on clay is 3-3 and their achievements quite similar, so your assertion that Jennifer is a better clay courter hasn't been borne out either.

Alright, I will try again:

1. 2010 - Sam outplayed Serena for MOST of the match. Yes, Serena did have a chance, but she was never once a break up, IIRC.

2. 2003 - I meant don't bother mentioning this, unless you at least try to explain why you say it.

3. 2004 - yes, I did know that they were 3-3 on clay. What I meant though, is that IMO, if both are playing their best tennis, then on clay, Jennifer will win more times than Serena. As you say, their achievements are similar, so Serena never had a clear edge to win.

justineheninfan
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I think if she could choose one it would be another French Open since that would balance her overall career the most. However I think from a practical standpoint she will never win another French, but if healthy and fit for long enough to get match tough before she is too old has a real shot at any of the other 3. Her best chance would be Wimbledon since there is hardly any competition there and she doesnt struggle on it like she does on clay at this point of her career.

serenafan08
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:31 AM
LOL...let me keep the Roland Garros talk going:

2003 - we all know what happened...no need to revisit it.

2004 - there was a rain delay in this match; just when Serena was starting to find her rhythm and move Capriati around, things fell apart in the third set.

2009 - up a break in the third against Kuzzie and totally had the match in her hands; this was the biggest opportunity lost IMO

2010 - here she was on the verge of one of her signature comeback wins; just couldn't quite pull it out

If Serena could somehow win 2 more Roland Garros titles, she'll have won each major a minimum of three times. That would be an amazing feat. But if she can win one more, that will give her a 2-minimum at each Slam, so that would be great too. I see her winning one of the fast-court titles first though - probably another Aussie or US Open.

justineheninfan
Apr 11th, 2011, 01:31 AM

I dont see how you can say 2004. It is not like she was close to winning there. OK the loss to Capriati was pretty close but Myskina was playing far better than Capriati or anyone else in the latter stages of the event so who knows if she would have raised her game enough to be able to beat her. 2009 would be a better choice than 2004. Had she beaten Kuznetsova which she actually should have, she would have rolled over Stosur who wasnt as good as 2010 and then over a typical choking/pathetic Safina in the final.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:06 AM
RG....2 of each is a great stat!

VishaalMaria
Apr 11th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Alright, I will try again:

1. 2010 - Sam outplayed Serena for MOST of the match. Yes, Serena did have a chance, but she was never once a break up, IIRC.

2. 2003 - I meant don't bother mentioning this, unless you at least try to explain why you say it.

3. 2004 - yes, I did know that they were 3-3 on clay. What I meant though, is that IMO, if both are playing their best tennis, then on clay, Jennifer will win more times than Serena. As you say, their achievements are similar, so Serena never had a clear edge to win.

Good.

Because your initial post (and some of this current one in actual fact) is a load of rubbish.

You can't be outplayed (for the majority of any match) if at some point you put yourself in a winning position. So you're not making any sense. Period.

1) Serena was up match point against Stosur. It doesnt matter if she was never up a break because a match point is obviously the final step to take to victory.

2) Serena was up 4-2 in the third and serving.

3) Serena was up a break in the third.

Outplaying is the AO 07 final. Thats the definition of outplaying.

doktor
Apr 11th, 2011, 03:24 AM
i'd love to see rena get another french, but the queen of ao title is pretty appealing :lol:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Either the Australian Open or the French. Winning the French, as mentioned, would give her 2 of each, but winning the Australian would cement her status as the AO queen! I mean, 6 Australian Opens, in those weather conditions. Amaze.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Good.

Because your initial post (and some of this current one in actual fact) is a load of rubbish.

You can't be outplayed (for the majority of any match) if at some point you put yourself in a winning position. So you're not making any sense. Period.

1) Serena was up match point against Stosur. It doesnt matter if she was never up a break because a match point is obviously the final step to take to victory.

2) Serena was up 4-2 in the third and serving.

3) Serena was up a break in the third.

Outplaying is the AO 07 final. Thats the definition of outplaying.

1. Fair enough, but Sam was better for most of the match.

2. Justine came back and beat her, though. She is a far superior clay courter.

3. Not in 2004.

The 2007 is not the definition of outplaying someone.

starin
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:47 AM

3. Not in 2004.

:rolls: it is official rimon is another troll.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:57 AM
:rolls: it is official rimon is another troll.

Okay then, how is it the definition of outplaying someone? If I am such a troll, this should be an easy question for you to answer.

tennisbook365
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I think she will win more than one in her career. Every major is unique and special but I think to win the US Open in front of a home crowd under the lights would be great !!! :wavey:

www.tennisbook365.com

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I'll echo the sentiment.

Another French.

She should have a handful of them by now, but :shrug: oh well.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Look, I don't mind Serena, but to compare her to Margaret Court? :spit: She's no where near her.

AkademiQ
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Look, I don't mind Serena, but to compare her to Margaret Court? :spit: She's no where near her.

No, Serena's Serena and that's more than enough.

Her legacy has been written and it's grand. :worship:

KBlade
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM

3. Not in 2004.

Uh, Yeah it is :lol:

Sp!ffy
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:44 AM

No one knows or cares about Margaret Court. :weirdo:

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Uh, Yeah it is :lol:

How? Can someone please, please answer this very simple question? :confused:

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:46 AM
No one knows or cares about Margaret Court. :weirdo:

I do. She's only the greatest ever female player.

KBlade
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:56 AM
How? Can someone please, please answer this very simple question? :confused:

Serena, arguably overweight and unseeded absolutely tore apart the over-hyped, soon to be world number one, Sharapova. Had it been anyone else on the court, the match would have bee 6-0 6-0. Serena brutally over powered her from every area in the court. She dominated Sharapova from the service department, she got inside her head and was hitting some of the most jaw dropping return service winners I have ever seen in my life. Even when they got into longer rallies, Serena would end them with a devastating winner. When she approached the net, she hit some sublime volleys and drop volleys. Even at one point when Sharapova managed to get Serena on the defensive and came into net, Serena, off balance, managed to smack a passing shot winner. Sharapova couldn't hide anywhere that day. It was probably one of the most devastating performances in tennis history, and that's not even taking into account the personal circumstances, the ranking difference and the fact it was on one of the biggest stages in the world. Watch the highlights.

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Even worse, I think this poster wants an explanation of 2003 :tape:

Just leave it be. :rolleyes: Don't even bother, child.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Serena, arguably overweight and unseeded absolutely tore apart the over-hyped, soon to be world number one, Sharapova. Had it been anyone else on the court, the match would have bee 6-0 6-0. Serena brutally over powered her from every area in the court. She dominated Sharapova from the service department, she got inside her head and was hitting some of the most jaw dropping return service winners I have ever seen in my life. Even when they got into longer rallies, Serena would end them with a devastating winner. When she approached the net, she hit some sublime volleys and drop volleys. Even at one point when Sharapova managed to get Serena on the defensive and came into net, Serena, off balance, managed to smack a passing shot winner. Sharapova couldn't hide anywhere that day. It was probably one of the most devastating performances in tennis history, and that's not even taking into account the personal circumstances, the ranking difference and the fact it was on one of the biggest stages in the world. Watch the highlights.

Yes, this is all true, but isn't it more of AN EXAMPLE, rather than THE DEFINITION?

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Even worse, I think this poster wants an explanation of 2003 :tape:

Just leave it be. :rolleyes: Don't even bother, child.

Yes, because no one seems to be able to give one.

kyk710
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM
US Open - boldly and humbly to put a positive mark on all the bad blood.
French Open - close second, fighting all the way, finally having at least two of each singles slam.
AO - starting a new decade and a new even years AO titlewinning trend?
Wimbledon - I'd much rather Venus have one last magical run on the grass.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:32 AM
When Loit had multiple MPs in AO 2003... Rena was healthy indeed... when Peer served for the match or Petrova choked to finish off Rena in AO 2007... Rena was healthy indeed too... but what was she 25 !!? I even discounted the crapiness on these girl's nerves...

But at 30 in that kind of WTA health will just not be sufficient... furthermore luck... and only a miracle can furnish Rena's showcase with another major trophey... come back to earth for once. :lol:

You're the one that comes up with Maria like as if she's the unique superior talent !!? If the delays are respected when a player takes a 8+ months injury break...

Rena should be back in form by approximatively late next year which means talents like Petkovic would be defeating her multiple times in majors... before even the time she arms her racket to bullet aces.

:lol: But they didn't win, no? Nobody said Serena would double-bagel all her opponents..sure there will be some tests here and there, but in the end winning is winning.

If Caro can make the field look like a fool, you don't think Serena can eek out 7 matches at a major?! :lol:

Oh you finally accepted that Masha is no credible competitor anymore? :worship:
Petkovic? :lol: After how Masha handled her...not worried about Petkarazzi!

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM

:spit: Who's this guy? Beating the world no.1 6-1 6-2 or something..in a hour or so and that isn't outplaying?! :lol:
For real? And then when Serena loses a tough three-setter that could've gone either way, is outplaying?! :bolt::cuckoo:

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:37 AM
:spit: Who's this guy? Beating the world no.1 6-1 6-2 or something..in a hour or so and that isn't outplaying?! :lol:
For real? And then when Serena loses a tough three-setter that could've gone either way, is outplaying?! :bolt::cuckoo:

You clearly don't understand the difference between definition and example.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
You clearly don't understand the difference between definition and example.

You can't say Serena got outplayed in her losses at the French ( despite the fact that they were all 3-setters, so she at least made a match of them) and then go turnaround and act like Serena's beatdown of Maria was nothing.

Then you just become a hater.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
You can't say Serena got outplayed in her losses at the French ( despite the fact that they were all 3-setters, so she at least made a match of them) and then go turnaround and act like Serena's beatdown of Maria was nothing.

Then you just become a hater.

I never said anything of the sort about her 2007 AO win. :wavey: I simply said that it was not the definition of outplaying someone. If you're going to debate me, then please use facts, and don't make up things/put words in my mouth.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I never said anything of the sort about her 2007 AO win. :wavey: I simply said that it was not the definition of outplaying someone. If you're going to debate me, then please use facts, and don't make up things/put words in my mouth.

Ok...then I'm curious to what you see as outplaying then.

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Ok...then I'm curious to what you see as outplaying then.

A few examples:

1. Mary Pierce beat Steffi Graf, 6-2, 6-2. FO SF 1994.
2. Monica Seles beat Martina Hingis, 6-3, 6-2. FO SF 1998.
3. Serena Williams beat Maria Sharapova, 6-1, 6-2. AO F 2007.

The winner hit the loser off the court in these matches.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:19 AM
A few examples:

So we do agree with each other about outplaying. :lol:

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
So we do agree with each other about outplaying. :lol:

Yes, my point is that there is a difference between "definition" and "example". All three of these matches are examples, none is a definition.

No one match can be a definition, only an example, or at best, a prototype.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Yes, my point is that there is a difference between "definition" and "example". All three of these matches are examples, none is a definition.

No one match can be a definition, only an example, or at best, a prototype.

Like that...now then ' 07 oz open is the prototype for a destruction. ;)

rimon
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:05 AM

Alongside Lindsay's win over Maria at IW in 2005. :)

Olórin
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:25 AM
A few examples:

Ok, congratulations on finding some examples of outplaying. Very well done to you.

Now, once you've realised that none of the matches originally mentioned involving Serena bear any similarity to these examples, you've got it.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM

:lol: Poor Masha..

homogenius
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Marbella

SoClose
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Wimbledon!!!

Steven.
Apr 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
USO, it all started there for Sarin so it will be like completing a journey.

such a sentimental thought to it... and I love it. :crying2:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:10 PM
rimon...vikapower 2.0 :rolls:

Vikapower
Apr 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about... but I'll just indicate to you that it's very very easy to look superior to another player when the player in question can't execute on nothing... people interprete in different manners but Maria wasn't outplayed.

If Caro can make the field look like a fool, you don't think Serena can eek out 7 matches at a major?! :lol:

No Rena willn't... can't you not understand the concept of age !!? :lol: Rena is 30... doesn't have the same body like in the past... comes from a year injury break... so how in the world can she just miraculously come of nowhere and win a major with talents all around ready to crush her down !!?

It's also really time for you to realize that Caro has outclassed Serena since a very long time certainly in terms of greatness... I hate Caro so that's not my idea but Serena herself has resigned to the fact that the Dane >>> her... only her fans like you are huging a far gone past which will never repeat itself again.

Oh you finally accepted that Masha is no credible competitor anymore? :worship:
Petkovic? :lol: After how Masha handled her...not worried about Petkarazzi!

Maria is still one of the greatest talented individual to have ever picked up a racket but no one believes including you that she's the only one who has overflowing talent... Vika for example has so much that she can't always contain...

In the type of form Rena will be there'll be dangers everywhere... dangers she'll not be able to contain anymore like she could luckily do in the past maybe only with her serve... nevertheless her body will not be responding like in the past...

In Wim 2010 Petra had the misfortune to be a headcase in the tie while Rena was moving like a club level amateur but against players like Victoria or maybe even push-push these sorts of things are not going to pass... you'll see.

debby
Apr 11th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Maria is still one of the greatest talented individual to have ever picked up a racket but no one believes including you that she's the only one who has overflowing talent... Vika for example has so much that she can't always contain...

It goes to my sig.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
No Rena willn't... can't you not understand the concept of age !!? :lol: Rena is 30... doesn't have the same body like in the past... comes from a year injury break... so how in the world can she just miraculously come of nowhere and win a major with talents all around ready to crush her down !!?

It's also really time for you to realize that Caro has outclassed Serena since a very long time certainly in terms of greatness... I hate Caro so that's not my idea but Serena herself has resigned to the fact that the Dane >>> her... only her fans like you are huging a far gone past which will never repeat itself again.

In the type of form Rena will be there'll be dangers everywhere... dangers she'll not be able to contain anymore like she could luckily do in the past maybe only with her serve... nevertheless her body will not be responding like in the past...

In Wim 2010 Petra had the misfortune to be a headcase in the tie while Rena was moving like a club level amateur but against players like Victoria or maybe even push-push these sorts of things are not going to pass... you'll see.

:lol: So noe you turn it and make it about age, huh?! Then I say to you indeed: Only age or injuries can stop Serena.
No talk about 'superior' talent. Age..and that not even Serena can escape. You're right.

So please stop offending us with talks about Maria this, Vika that.. those players are like mosquitos to Serena. One swipe and they're gone.

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM

you outta ur damn mind :weirdo: :haha:

nevetssllim
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
:lol: So noe you turn it and make it about age, huh?! Then I say to you indeed: Only age or injuries can stop Serena.
No talk about 'superior' talent. Age..and that not even Serena can escape. You're right.

So please stop offending us with talks about Maria this, Vika that.. those players are like mosquitos to Serena. One swipe and they're gone.

1m0rVN_UPlE

:hearts:

DownInAHole
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I voted for the French Open. Two of each slam would be a fantastic accomplishment.

It's a little strange that she has "only" won the US Open three times. Maybe this doesn't make sense but it feels like she's won it more often than that.

Bonfire
Apr 11th, 2011, 06:53 PM
If Serena could win ONLY one more slam then it should be US Open. It's her "home" slam...it's the first slam she ever won and would be a very nice way to end her slam career.

alfonsojose
Apr 11th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Ao 2012

Kabibi
Apr 11th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Wimbledon. I find the French and US crowd distasteful. That shouldn't stop me from wanting another French title for Serena, but I like Wimbledon so much better. The championship, atmosphere and the crowds. So maybe for me Wimbledon but for Serena's own sake another French is logical.

Vikapower
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
you outta ur damn mind :weirdo: :haha:

I didn't invent that... Rena herself twitted how greater Caro is than her...

[youtube]

:hearts:

Why don't you put AO 2009 or AO 2010 when Rena was getting schooled !!? You fan boys/girls are really incredibly beyond your minds and should learn to respect talents, accomplishments... where they are... instead of constantly belittling future that you yourself will be supporting when she wins the CYGS on 2 years etc...

Your fanatism have you disrespecting very much... :lol: If Vika was a mosquito how comes it takes Rena "invincible tennis" to beat her on plexi !!? How comes Rena came in Wim 2009 against Vika like as if her life was depending on the match !!?

Obviously Rena knows how talented these kinds are... and how damaging their sting can be... Rena felt it both times in Australia before luck gave her the antidote to come over successful... but for how long will this be the case !!? This might be it... the end... accept it.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
just came back from lunch to pure gold again....vikapower don't ever stop :sobbing:

doomsday
Apr 11th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Wimbledon 2004:kiss:

OZ 2008 :kiss:

nevetssllim
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Why don't you put AO 2009 or AO 2010 when Rena was getting schooled !!? You fan boys/girls are really incredibly beyond your minds and should learn to respect talents, accomplishments... where they are... instead of constantly belittling future that you yourself will be supporting when she wins the CYGS on 2 years etc...

She won both those matches too. :dance:

Macomere
Apr 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM

CYGS in TopSpin 6 dont mean jack.....

Vikapower
Apr 11th, 2011, 11:15 PM
CYGS in TopSpin 6 dont mean jack.....

:lol: Ok we'll see when she does... I still don't have your defense for the Rena tweet stating Caro's greatness... I know you fan's have to catch for Rena's errors but I wonder what's your excuse... :yeah:

She won both those matches too. :dance:

She was getting schooled 4-6 2-4 before the heat saved her from defeat and 4-6 0-4 before the nervousness this time of her opponent saved her lucky self... but ok fair of you to pass these sequences under silence... it's also part of the game... :)

BTW it's also fair to not state that in the beginning of the 2nd set in that match... Vika had the upper hand missing all her FHs below the net in dramatic manners... no problem. :)

Alejandrawrrr
May 11th, 2011, 02:34 PM

Ohmygod, why am I just now seeing this? (Special thanks to Debby's sig for linking me to this post.) It's true, Vika faints and retires so much only because her poor mortal body overheats from the pure firepower within her strokes. GOAT.

:rolleyes:

Bad Blood
Jul 8th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Nowadays, I'd take any of them :hysteric:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 8th, 2014, 04:48 PM
She won 4.

One AO from a career slam post embolism.

:tears:

Here's hoping she remembers how to get to the quarters at a major again.

outlier
Jul 8th, 2014, 04:56 PM
She doesn't deserve any more slams. Tennis needs new stars from the US (and China) to strengthen its local fan base. I wouldn't mind couple more slams for Venus though :lick:.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2014, 05:00 PM
She doesn't deserve any more slams. Tennis needs new stars from the US (and China) to strengthen its local fan base. I wouldn't mind couple more slams for Venus though :lick:.

And people in hell wouldn't mind some ice water.

Couver
Jul 8th, 2014, 05:25 PM
I want the USO. Get 18 where she got 1 that would be just beautiful. I will also take the AO next year.

lenas warriors
Jul 8th, 2014, 05:51 PM
French, take one of Maria rather than Vika or Petra :oh:

goldencookie
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:07 PM
The French since she would keep Maria from fluking her way to an even more ridiculous title count there before some half decent clay courter emerges to put an end to the nonsense. It is already a joke Maria and Serena both have 2 French opens, but especialy Maria. Cant think of any weaker clay courter having 2 French Open titles.

vuluriz
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:14 PM
The French since she would keep Maria from fluking her way to an even more ridiculous title count there before some half decent clay courter emerges to put an end to the nonsense. It is already a joke Maria and Serena both have 2 French opens, but especialy Maria. Cant think of any weaker clay courter having 2 French Open titles.

She is not winning Roland Garros like ever again, that season in 2013 took a lot out of her already. No way, she is going down that route again to win the French Open but 2 titles is great.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:15 PM
I want the USO. Get 18 where she got 1 that would be just beautiful. I will also take the AO next year.

this. and another Wimbledon. I don't even care about FO anymore now that she has her 2. Plus it doesn't mean as much to me anymore since every tom, dick and harry seems to be winning it these days. :rolleyes:

goldencookie
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:22 PM
She is not winning Roland Garros like ever again, that season in 2013 took a lot out of her already. No way, she is going down that route again to win the French Open but 2 titles is great.

She does not need to aim to dominate the clay season to win RG. I agree she will never put so much into dominating a clay season again, but could see her putting enough in to win RG. She just needs to feel less pressure there, breath, and relax. The clay court field is shit and the worst ever, even worse than the pathetic clay field Evert dominated in 74-80. It makes the clay field Henin owned in 2003-2007, which is also relatively weak, look like murderors row.

SoClose
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:22 PM
another FO pls !!!

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 8th, 2014, 06:24 PM
The next slam, the US Open.

MB.
Jul 8th, 2014, 07:38 PM
When this thread about "One more..." was started, Serena's Slams were 5-4-3-1. Now she's at 5-5-5-2. Pretty damn amazing.

renisenb
Jul 8th, 2014, 08:50 PM
When this thread about "One more..." was started, Serena's Slams were 5-4-3-1. Now she's at 5-5-5-2. Pretty damn amazing.

Pretty damn amazing indeed. I want her to win the US Open and get the monkey of her back as soon as possible about the 18th. And then have the freedom to leave tennis and focus on emotional stuff if she wants. It's important to have her love life stable and steady in her thirties, else it will start spilling over to other parts of life.

sweetpeas
Jul 8th, 2014, 09:36 PM
When the Greatest Sister team leave the sport of tennis then my family and co workers all agree it will be a tennis finish for us!

Synth
Jul 8th, 2014, 09:57 PM
US Open- Always feel best to win at home.

MB.
Jul 8th, 2014, 10:13 PM
When the Greatest Sister team leave the sport of tennis then my family and co workers all agree it will be a tennis finish for us!

We're talking about Serena here, not Aga and Ula Radwanska.

gusgusfl
Jul 8th, 2014, 11:05 PM

5-5-5-2 AND GOLD!

mdterp01
Jul 8th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I want her to get 18 off the back ASAP so would be great if it were the upcoming US Open. But if I knew for sure she'd get at least one more I'd want it to be the French because it would be amazing to have won each slam 3 times. Its already amazing that she's won them all twice, something NO ONE of her generation was able to do and will ever do, so would just add to her legend to win one more French. But I will be satisfied with wherever she wins. She is overdue for another Australian Open. She needs to just stay healthy during that tournament.

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 9th, 2014, 12:23 AM

Serena won 4 slams since the creation of this thread.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpxs43yYaF1qmotp8o1_500.gif

cursiveangel
Jul 9th, 2014, 01:34 AM
another FO then she'd have 3 of each.

malarkist
Jul 9th, 2014, 02:14 AM
another FO then she'd have 3 of each.

hey now, hey now don't dream it's over.

Sam L
Jul 9th, 2014, 08:55 AM
hey now, hey now don't dream it's over.

You, a Sharapova fan, saying this? :lol: I mean, seriously.

bobtherobot
Jul 9th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I really don't care. Any Slam will do, I just want her to get to 18!