Apr 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Lena :yeah:

Rematch of '09 New Haven final

Pasta-Na
rest well, shushu. :hug:

Jane Lane
Yay Lena! :cheer: She seems to like green clay, has good results on it.
Good luck tomorrow :yeah:

Sharapovian
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Well done Ves :cheer:

Shushu :hug:

A-Bond
Well done Elena :) Just do your best tomorrow. Caro and Elena had some amazing matches on that surface, each time Vesnina choked and Caro came out on top.

Sammo
Win the title, it will make it look less embarrassing for Sam

Vaxey
Lena :bounce: Great week!
There was really good match. Hopefully she will win, but will be really really difficult...

Noctis
Shushu dead tired :hug: rest up for Madrid :yeah:
omg elena you choke 2 times against cowardline on green clay,make the best of it tommorow :o

Shaun:::
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Shushu take a good rest and make sure the legs are healthy:o
Lena good luck in Final:cheer:

zhengjieforever
vesnina is so resilient.. :sad: shushu had 2 set points and overall went 3/12 on break points. i can understand how goerges went 0/9 on BPs in the 3rd set yesterday. she is so mentally tough. :sad:

anyway, yeah shuai you really need to take a break. there was no way you were going to beat wozniacki anyway in this condition so it's not really a loss, right? :angel:

tennis-insomniac
Congratz Vesnina !

There were couple of tough moments but she hung on, great job :yeah:

Peng was playing good tennis, actually they both did play good tennis.

30-16 for Peng and 32-24 for Lena V in W/UF. But Lena took all important points.

I was worried about knee injury would make it uncomfortable for Peng to slide but she seems okay.:hug:

SAISAI-GOAT
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Shuai had SP in the 1st :sobbing:

bbjpa
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
:woohoo:

After Istanbul last year and her poor results since , I was very doubtful to see Lena in a final again :worship:

GoofyDuck
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Congratz Vesnina !

There are couple of tough moments but she hangs on, great job :yeah:

Peng was playing good tennis, actually they both did play good tennis.

30-16 for Peng and 32-14 for Lena V in W/UF. But Lena took all important points.

you mean 32-24!!! :)

Really fun high quality match it was.
Alot better than the Caro-JJ match.
just enjoyable tennis, well constructed points get finished, great net skills from both. just enjoyable tennis what i love. :drool:

Mixal
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Nice :rocker:

Good match overall, although it was obvious that Peng was really tired, especially at the end.

GL in the final, please lose comfortably, I wouldn't stand another choke :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Elena has a top 20 game. She had some tough luck with injuries, but she looks on her way, singles & doubles.

backhandsmash
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Peng leading in 1st serve %, aces, df's, w/ue-ratio, netpoints won. And still losing it.

LefandePatty
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sooo many occasions. :sad:
Take some rest, Shushu! :hug:

treufreund
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I agree with the prior poster that this match was way more attractive. Both girls had some wicked returns and groundies. Vesnina had to produce a lot of very good serves and had a very high percentage. It's also nice to see girls that can play at the net and hit some gorgeous drop shots and lobs and so forth. Just some nice all court but still aggressive tennis. Peng is not easy to dominate but Elena was not letting herself get pushed around. Tough match from both girls.

pav
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:31 PM
A good win for Lena, Shuai is always good,looking forward to the final.

tennis-insomniac
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
you mean 32-24!!! :)

Really fun high quality match it was.
Alot better than the Caro-JJ match.
just enjoyable tennis, well constructed points get finished, great net skills from both. just enjoyable tennis what i love. :drool:

Yes! thanks for correction, I agree it was a good match filled with well-constructed points. Sometimes it is good to enjoy tennis without all excessive drama.

!VamosRafa!
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
'm so gonna laugh when Vesnina chokes against Wozniacki:lol:

danieln1
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Noooo I wanted Peng to win this title her and karolina are the best players on tour right now, along with vika.....

Just give the title to karolina

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Too bad for Shuai... :awww: :hug: :awww:

But glad for Vesny, I like her too! :yeah: :hatoff:

Beat da pusha babe! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Kitten63
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Congrats,Lena :yeah:

hurricanejeanne
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Congrats, Lena! :cheer:

Freakan
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM
After failing with her sex tape Elena realized that playing well is the only way she can become famous :yeah:

LCS
Apr 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
:eek:

aisha
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Good for her.

Although if she should hold yet another two break lead.... :bolt: :tape: :scared:

claypova
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Peng :tears::tears: rest up, you have played too much tennis :hug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I thought Peng would take this.:(

Belmont Lad
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Wow, well done to Elena, fantastic result! :)

tkutsaar
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM
It was most impressive of Elena to win the tie breaker for the first set after being broken in the 12th game. I donít have any such statistics but I imagine that when a player is broken while serving for the set and then immediately the tie breaker occurs she will more likely lose the set than her opponent.

1987518LPF
Apr 10th, 2011, 02:25 AM
SHUSHU:mad:

Elena:)

tanman
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:49 AM
After failing with her sex tape Elena realized that playing well is the only way she can become famous :yeah:

Do you have video to share?:devil:

DeliriousPotato
Apr 10th, 2011, 04:52 AM
You could plainly see Peng was injured. Her movement was pretty mediocre :sad:
It's great that you are the player with the most matches won this year sweetie, but you got to take it easy :scared:

BartoLiNa
Apr 10th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Great stats from both, but Vesnina played the big points better. Great mental strength from her. Hope she plays well in the final eventhough I fully expect Caro to win. Rest up Shushu :hug:

Hian
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
:eek:

Pasta-Na
Apr 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
You could plainly see Peng was injured. Her movement was pretty mediocre :sad:
It's great that you are the player with the most matches won this year sweetie, but you got to take it easy :scared:

shushu said she gave it a try. shes happy with her performance in this tournament. :hug:

Randy H
Apr 10th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Great week for Vesnina, glad to see her finally picking up a strong result again, she should be ranked much higher.

Peng has played a lot of tennis this year, not surpised she ran out of gas in the end

Hopefully Lena will bring it in the final, she's let a few close ones slip away against Wozniacki but she's proven she can put herself in the position to win...Time to take the win this time ;)

Corswandt
Apr 10th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Excellent quality match considering the level of the players involved. Positive winner to UE ratio from both, by a considerable margin. Both players held serve often, which is remarkable considering that this was a women's mudball match and that I thought both returned serve quite well.

Vesnina was hitting the ball very well throughout (her unreliable FH seems to hold up better on clay than anywhere else), and skillfully handled any balls at the net (she still has good hands, leftover from back when she was trying to become an all-court player - c. 2007 IIRC). Played a good TB and kept going for her shots (incl. aggressive ROS) without making too many needless errors in the second.

Peng looked spent, and never managed to exploit Vesnina's very poor lateral movement in the rallies, not going for her shots all that much. She still had 2 SPs on Vesnina's serve in the first, but Vesnina saved them with two big flat serves.