View Full Version : Charleston SF: Woz pushes past JJ 6-4 6-4

Kworb
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
:facepalm:

MB.
Jelena sucks.

:lol:
Yes, I think this match is a huge test for Jelena - if she loses, no matter if it's due to overall poor play or some :weirdo: choke, I'm afraid it'll mean she's completely lost the plot and will never return to any remotely relevant level of play/ state of mind. I've been suspicious ever since her last year's RG SF performance, but this kind of loss would extinguish my last flicker of hope. :tears:

Agreed. Never pick up a racket again.

Caroline--congratulations on your consistency and win today.

Just Do It
epik fejl.

Chakvenus
Jeca :sobbing: :sobbing:

Potato
GOD so many stupid errors from JJ what the fuck

Petkorazzi
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Pushes past? :weirdo: I'm sure Wozniacki had more winners than this clown.

kman
Easy peasy.

Another final. This tour is being owned by Ms. Sunshine.

btw. who said Wozniacki doesn't slide on clay? I only watched 10 minutes of this match and saw plenty of sliding from her.

M.P
Caro too strong what legs she has :o

Pasta-Na
caro's dance :eek:

jj :facepalm:

moby
Absolutely dire, Jaja.

Brilliant strategy hitting no angles and all errors. :facepalm:

RR-87
Jaja :facepalm:

Shiffrin
az olvejz.

Mistress of Evil
JaJa is Karolina's bitch now :oh:

FoxyliciousKhat
Caro ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((-_-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well done!!!

Foxy

Jane Lane
Fucking idiot.

Craig.
I can't :facepalm:

cellophane
Ewwww

Safe-From-Harm
Piece of shit.
No middle by JJ, she prepare good point that made stupid mistake.
This Caroline is so lucky, she just needed to push the ball back.
But Jelena is a better player :hysteric:

RR-87

not.

olivero
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Jelena you moron :facepalm:
you're too good to lose to Caro in straight sets

Kim's_fan_4ever
That was epicly bad. Somebody give me that two wasted hours back :o
Win the title Karolina.

Viktymise
Jelena sucks.

Yep.

Awful, awful match.

Dominika23
gotta pick it up jj I hope you win yourself a title this year but anyway Caro in anthor final go win ya 15 title

pedropt
Ugly match.

Caro was bad, Jelena was atrocious.

Olórin
This is really the pits for JJ. Losing to Wozniacki, here. :facepalm:

Ryusuke Tenma
Original thread title :lol:

I can feel the frustration and anger from the Wozniacki haters already and most of them haven't posted yet :drool:

All the excuses coming in full flow now :drool:

n1_and_uh_noone
Wozniacki was the better player from 3-4 down in the 1st set. Went for more, had a better attitude and defended better.

JJ just was plain lazy when leading, missing routine volleys and losing serve without any pressure on her.

Antoshka
Bitchniacki http://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/facepalm.png

Blu€
:lol: the cow on ice 2 beats the best clay court mover :D . Caro always surprises me when she's the underdog :D . Good luck in the final, she didn't look fresh but she's there!
Sorry JJ no punching bag for now ;)

SVK

Not really Caro 10, Jelena 21:awww:

moby
JaJa is Karolina's bitch now :oh:If she keeps playing like this, she's everyone's bitch.

Safe-From-Harm

The only clown here is You.
look at the stats.

Justin

This.

Gifting that 4-5 game n the first set with the missed gimme volley and the overhead were typical of her performance. She should have won this in two. Performances like this is why she won't win the Fremch Open, even though on paper she should stand a very good chance with today's field. :help:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
The Caro fans themselves said that the outcome of this match doesnt matter much. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19386502&postcount=87)

Henpova

That is why lost JJ the match....but oh well its green clay and it the start of the clay season. If she improves and starts making the close shots she will be winning not losing...So I am still hopeful...:sad:

Good job Caro

DragonFlame
If this is the future of claytennis someone shoot me now. :tape:

Jelena's game has become dull. :o What happened to those risky backhand DTL and angles?

Plain sailing for wozniacki...

doooma6816
Jelena, you're an idiot. So many chances wasted...it should have been straight set victory for JJ, but because of Jelenka's brain it isn't.

Congrats Caro..at least you don't waste opportunities.

Hashim.
Caroline the great number one.:worship:

Good on you for beating that journeywoman.:)

MB.
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
gotta pick it up jj I hope you win yourself a title this year but anyway Caro in anthor final go win ya 15 title

No, she hasn't won a title for 13 months and won't win one ever again. Every trophy will from now on be directly shipped to Caroline's house.

Sharapovian
The match was awful to start with but got a bit better as it went on. :o :lol:

Well done Caro.

TennisFan66
Pushes? So thats gonna be your pathetic attempt at belitteling yet another Caro win? :rolleyes:

Anyway more important than saddoes in GM, no-one injured *check*

Caro won *check*

And then I'd like a refund from the arrogant JJ supporters, who used words like 'punchbag' and 'schooling' in the WWW thread. JJ imho deserves a better class of fans than those.

Matej
Not very good match. :( Neither of them played particularly well. Jelena practically gifted the first set to Wozz. It was confidence issue, I guess. Jelena needs to learn better volleys and dropshots.

Both players had very negative ratio between winners and UEs.

In my view, Wozniackiīs matches against Zahlavova - Strycova and Wickmayer were far more enjoyable.

BartoLiNa
An embarrassingly bad match for two top ten players. Jankovic used to be such a good clay court player but this performance was so beneath her. She had no motivation whatsoever. The fact that she won 8 games playing like total crap speaks volumes for the quality of the match.

Caro was solid when she needed to be and played the big points better, as she always does. Woz outplayed Jankovic, and on her worst surface too. The crowd should ask for a refund.

I'm so glad I watched the fantastic Begu/Kuznetsova match earlier today or else I may have lost a lot of faith in women's tennis.

Just Do It

Caroline had 10 winners, Jelena 21.

дalex
Fuck you, Jecalina. :kiss:

Ryusuke Tenma
look at the stats.
I can feel your anger and sadness that Wozniacki won :sobbing: :lol:

cellophane
Caroline the great number one.:worship:

Good on you for beating that journeywoman.:)

lestat111
god job caro, taking out that oldie :lol:

Patrick345
If she keeps playing like this, she's everyone's bitch.

:lol::lol:

Ivanovic has crushed JJīs little heart again. :rolleyes:

Kampi
Shameful match of two totally clueless and teethless sissies.:o And one of them was my fav Jelena.:rolleyes: Awful to see this two offensive lunatics and sorry, but for me it once again shows in what kind of state the WTA is right now. Lightyears away from the ATP and the gap is bigger than ever. Seriously and believe me this is the first time I'm saying thinks like this....but please Serena, get healthy asap and save the tour from more damage.:help:

Setsuna.
Janko.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Caroline goes for title #15 Sunday. If she wins, she is holding 8 titles, 7 Premiers, with none to defend for a while.

saul1333
Ending for each set was horrible :o

Craig.
Caroline goes for title #15 Sunday. If she wins, she is holding 8 titles, 7 Premiers, with none to defend for a while.

GOAT :cheer:

Petkorazzi
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:06 PM
look at the stats.
Well, I didn't check the stats, but you can't say that Jelena was the more aggresive one. :weirdo: She seemed to be content just moving the ball around, as if it's not one of the best movers on the other side of the court. :o
Wozniacki played the smarter game, went for winners when necessary and executed really well, unlike Jankovic, who made, what, 35 errors? :weirdo:

Frederik
Both players showed some seriously awful net-play.

Wozniacki's volleys sucked but Jankovic's... :eek:

Antoshka
Jelena really do not win it?

Brena
This is worse than any of 179 losses to bayb Anci or 235 chokes to Henin. This kind of loss to this kind of opponent can only mean that Jelena has never been and will never be able to recover to the confidence loss 2009 brought her. I can't see her as anything but a journeywoman from now on. Watching her play like this is so heart-breaking I can't even find the right words. The sadness is so overwhelming, I don't even feel my usual disgust at Wozniacki...
Goodbye, JJ. You were a wonderful player once and maybe one day will again appear someone like you. :sad::sad::sad:

P.S. Woztards, don't get too cocky, even you expected Jj to win because you do know she's a class above the Golden one.

Safe-From-Harm
I can feel your anger and sadness that Wozniacki won :sobbing: :lol:

No, You can`t.

RR-87
GOAT :cheer:

GOAT with no Slam :cheer:

Potato
Easy peasy.

Another final. This tour is being owned by Ms. Sunshine.

btw. who said Wozniacki doesn't slide on clay? I only watched 10 minutes of this match and saw plenty of sliding from her.

No one :weirdo: Everybody slides on clay, there's no choice :lol: It's the technique of sliding She's not an efficient slider on clay, if you watch her she slides AFTER the shot, not into the shot making her lose time which is so crucial to her game, which is responsible for a lot of her losses in big matches on clay.

JJ 21-40, sunshine 10-21 for winner UE ratio

really ugly match overall

MaBaker
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Nothing upseting really. Jelena couldn't finish her points for her life. Caroline once again showed why is she a disgrace as no.1. Pushing to death brings her no respect.

Ryusuke Tenma
This win is so good :drool:

Ryan
Nice win. I wouldn't have cared about a loss here to JJ, who matches up well against Caro, but a win is a pleasant surprise. Most important thing is to make it through this green anomaly without an injury, a title is just a bonus.

Fun match to watch though; if you like weird errors, patchy play and extended rallies. ;)

toxina90
http://i.imgur.com/EtSev.gif

Jelena lost to her on clay? How astonishing!

Throughout she looked bored of tennis in general. Some of her errors, especially at the net...shocking.

As much as I am pretty open minded and like to listen to Wozniacki fans usually, I'm afraid this time Jankovic has no excuses for losing to such an ungraceful opponent on clay. If a single Wozniacki fan suggests she did anything special to win, it will be worrying. Jankovic's errors, and horrible demeanour lost her this.

I really am disgusted with her. This should have been 5-1 in the H2H. Pathetic :o

And now I'm going to get pissed obviously, and dance the night away to forget about this one. But at least I have an excuse unlike other Saturday nights :rolleyes:

Craig.

Fuck yes :cheer:

Ryusuke Tenma
No, You can`t.
Yes, I can. I can sense it in your posts :lol:

Wozniacki was the far better player, so she won :wavey:

Noctis
http://www.iaza.com/work/110410C/iaza15491974083600.jpg

Mary Cherry.
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Didn't see the match, but certainly didn't expect this :eek:

homogenius
Baaaaad loss for Jelena.She fought well in the 2nd set but other than that it was :o
I don't know if it's cause of their last match but she lost the confidence she usually had against Woz.She still has the game to dominated her but she must get that confidence back.The countless easy last shots she threw away (generally on a drive volley but even her overheads, which are generally among the best, were tentative today)really killed her.
Even if it was a frustrating match to watch, there was some great rallies at times.Just sad Jelena didn't bring something else today.

n1_and_uh_noone
Well, I didn't check the stats, but you can't say that Jelena was the more aggresive one. :weirdo: She seemed to be content just moving the ball around, as if it's not one of the best movers on the other side of the court. :o
Wozniacki played the smarter game, went for winners when necessary and executed really well, unlike Jankovic, who made, what, 35 errors? :weirdo:

Yes, it felt like Wozniacki was more aggressive, and JJ's winners either came when they did not matter i.e. early in games she lost, or came after a great deal of effort.

PLus, JJ just spends too much time after every shot watching to see if it lands out or not. Constantly just lofting up balls she has a good play on. That's why she kept losing points she was controlling.

bandabou
It's just amazing...I mean, sure the Caro-fans won't agree, but..what the heck was Jelena doing out there? She has 0-30 and an easy easy easy easy finish at the net to got 0-40 and maybe a double break. Boom she hits a drive volley deep down in the net.

Set point down in the 1st set..she just hit a smash into the net. Why do all these chicks just forget to THINK when they're playing Caro?

Antoshka

:sobbing: :rolls:

tea
Idiotic thread title.

Great match, some amazing rallies. Loved it wholeheartedly.:drool:

You guys who are not very good friends with tennis think that Wozniacki is a pusher, she has no big shot etc, but you seem to be forgetting some serious element of tennis that Wozniacki is owning whole tour with. It is called anticipation. Yes. She has been reading Jankovic like an open book today, always been few steps ahead. Especially on clay it is valuable when you have a couple of extra fractions of second to think. She may have no Janka's great sliding, she may not have a big weapon in your understanding, but she's got something equally valuable: her head, ablity to read the game better than everyone.

Well done, Caroline. Very well done, girl.:worship:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Fuck yes :cheer:
She will soon get that slam. Enjoy it while she doesn't have one :wavey: It's the only thing you guys can hang on to atm :wavey:

doooma6816
If this is the future of claytennis someone shoot me now. :tape:

Jelena's game has become dull. :o What happened to those risky backhand DTL and angles?

Plain sailing for wozniacki...

It seems like she can't do 3 great BH DTL in a row anymore. :sad: She did one and next landed in net.

pj5
as a JJ supporter it's quite clear why wozniacki is #1. She's got the game and she's got the BELIEF.
JJ didn't have the belief. We all know she's not a master at that ... will she ever have it?
It was a high quality match. Yet Jelena made more mistakes. And she was perfection in years gone buy on that account.

All credit to Woz.
Bad luck for JJ.
To me it means that Wozniacki, slowly, slowly is sorting these girls out. Slowly slotting them in their rightful places. Sad to say it, today she's placed JJ in her slot as well.
good luck next time JJ supporters.

Leo_DFP
This was a very winnable match for Jelena.

But what was she doing at net? She was so consistently miserable from up at net. Some crucial easy misses on volleys and overheads at key moments in this match. Exemplified by the overhead in the net on set point in the first set and backhand volley long on match point. She had the right game plan but she simply couldn't execute under pressure.

Mr.Sharapova
Original thread title :lol:

I can feel the frustration and anger from the Wozniacki haters already and most of them haven't posted yet :drool:

All the excuses coming in full flow now :drool:

What makes you think, most of people care??

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Thx for embarassing tennis and your fanbase once more JJ :weirdo: I can understand that training all your life just to play such a boring, uninspiring and useless player like WoZzZzZz on center court, especially late in one's career and in a not so important tournament, brings no motivation and fire in a player, but seriously you shouldn't even need that to beat a player like her :weirdo:. Gifted the entire match from A to Z, hopefully you can deduct that from your taxes JJ claiming it was for a useless charitable cause. That's what empresses and celebrities do, no? Just ask them to deduct the F - SF prizemoney, so this ridiculous waste of time was worth something in the end.

I hope one day Woz wakes up and realizes how she's destroying the sport with her uninspiring play, her boring personality, the fact the tennis players won't even try to achieve excellency when training to become a pro going the easy way if the model themselves after her. But given how she and her father go about things this will never happen anyway. So the only thing we can hope for is that a lot of girls see Woz and get angry at the state of the game and develop a strong desire to rectify things... fighting for the game of tennis trying to share all the beautiful things and moments it is capable of giving us fans.

Safe-From-Harm

You must be 11 years old.
I still remember You reputation month ago. Pathetic.
I am sad Jelena lost, but that happened because she is mental fragile and unmotivated.
Not beacuse she is worse.

kman
This is worse than any of 179 losses to bayb Anci or 235 chokes to Henin. This kind of loss to this kind of opponent
yea, the number one ranked player of ALL PEOPLE. #5 or #4 or even #2 would've been acceptable but LOSING TO NUMBER ONE?!?! Disgraceful. This settles it. Jankovic is DONE. Her career is O-VER.

BartoLiNa
Idiotic thread title.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/kingaminger/Vick.gif?t=1302358346

Flabbergaster
YEAH BABY YEAH!

Suck it up haters, The Woz shows her qualities once again. And once again the vast majority on this forum has proven they should watch golf or curling.
Suckers!

Good match from JJ also :)

Derek.
Good job, Caro. :D

goldenlox
Wozniacki can play well on clay. Most of her problems were taking short balls and net play.
Caroline fell at this point last year and wasnt healthy for red clay. I think just like hardcourt, she will be very competitive on clay.
She might lose some matches, but she clearly is still a fighter who can beat good clay courters on clay

Leo_DFP
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
as a JJ supporter it's quite clear why wozniacki is #1. She's got the game and she's got the BELIEF.
JJ didn't have the belief. We all know she's not a master at that ... will she ever have it?
It was a high quality match. Yet Jelena made more mistakes. And she was perfection in years gone buy on that account.

All credit to Woz.
Bad luck for JJ.
To me it means that Wozniacki, slowly, slowly is sorting these girls out. Slowly slotting them in their rightful places. Sad to say it, today she's placed JJ in her slot as well.
good luck next time JJ supporters.

Belief is definitely key. She laughed off too many of her easy errors.

But I think deep down she must be very disappointed to take just 8 games off the current #1 who she was 4-1 against.

Sp!ffy
Caro was so pathetic when she slammed her racket down after 2 fucking games into the match.

JN
And I was actually pulling for Mr. Ed, this time. Never again.

moby
You guys who are not very good friends with tennis think that Wozniacki is a pusher, she has no big shot etc, but you seem to be forgetting some serious element of tennis that Wozniacki is owning whole tour with. It is called anticipation. Yes. She has been reading Jankovic like an open book today, always been few steps ahead. Especially on clay it is valuable when you have a couple of extra fractions of second to think. She may have no Janka's great sliding, she may not have a big weapon in your understanding, but she's got something equally valuable: her head, ablity to read the game better than everyone.Her anticipation today was indeed remarkable and whittled away at the confidence of an already weak-minded Jankovic.

But anyone who watched the match can tell that this was Jankovic somewhere near her worst.
Wozniacki wasn't even hitting the ball that well herself either.
With even a half-baked strategy executed with any kind of competency, Jankovic would have taken this match...

Kworb

:hysteric: wtf

SoClose
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Antoshka
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:12 PM
She will soon get that slam. Enjoy it while she doesn't have one :wavey: It's the only thing you guys can hang on to atm :wavey:

Well, maybe she will win a grand slam over 10 years :p

but Jelena won in Marbella :p :angel:

tennis-insomniac
It shows that it is not a very good stats come from both players. But still there are some entertaining points. It is unusual to see JJ hurried off to finish up lots of points which ended up being an UEs. Caroline, despite her long spent time on court, is quite fit and confidently built a solid effective ground strokes. Moreover, it seems her stamina still maintains its respective level.

I will say Woz has a big shot to win Charleston, but has to see how Peng is today, to be wholly confident.

Vaidisova
Well done Caroline! Good luck in the final.

JulesVerne
The mobile Polish wall moves onwards.

Jankovic controlled the points, but Wozniacki kept enough balls in play for Jankovic to make an unforced error.

Olórin
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM
She might lose some matches

:hysteric:

Craig.
It shows that it is not a very good stats come from both players. But still there are some entertaining points. It is unusual to see JJ hurried off to finish up lots of points which ended up being an UEs. Caroline, despite her long spent time on court, is quite fit and confidently built a solid effective ground strokes. Moreover, it seems her stamina still maintains its respective level.

I will say Woz has a big shot to win Charleston, but has to see how Peng is today, to be wholly confident.

Yup, this was pretty much the final.

Weaponless Peng and headcase Vesnina don't have much of a shot, unfortunately.

lestat111
numbers doesnt lie. number one player, and from now, she s one of my faves. :) jankovic was my fave, but she s just too negative now, so bye gurl :lol:

Serenita

:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

Patrick345
You want to know how bad this was:

Safina might have broken her back yesterday, but from the Slamless #1īs she still has the best chance to win a Grand Slam.

AcesHigh
Lmao. Caro once again giving the haters ulcers.

Linguae^
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Take your pills! ASAP!

Potato
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Wow, you can sense people's emotions through what they type? That way you can use your trolling abilities to full efficiency.

Both were terrible today, but Wozniacki was less bad.

Do you know why the WTA is in such a rut? Because viewers have to go through shit matches like these. The match was only entertaining because it was so bad, you were kept in suspense if JJ would even try to hold serve, or if she would miss a stupid sitter. There is a reason that ATP is 219312312031x better than the WTA.\, and the gap is only getting wider and wider.

Frederik
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:15 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/kingaminger/Vick.gif?t=1302358346

:unsure: :lol:

delicatecutter
That was abysmal. Wozniacki bringing players down to her level at its finest. :o

Vikapower
Jecalito how in this freaking world can you be so dumb stupid !!? :help: You're a tacky tragedy of yourself... can't volley, can't hold serve, can't even hit amateurish f-cking sitters to save your freaking life... like seriously... and all these 2nd league level attempts of droppers... :weirdo:

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Yawn. Facepalm.

Jankovic serve was non-existent throughout and her groundstrokes followed suit. The WTA is so boring.
That is all. :oh:

Frederik
You want to know how bad this was:

Safina might have broken her back yesterday, but from the Slamless #1īs she still has the best chance to win a Grand Slam.

Wow. That sounds reasonable.

Jorn
Well done Caro! :)

JJ even look like she did not believe she would win... ;)

kman
Caro was so pathetic when she slammed her racket down after 2 fucking games into the match.

One reason Caroline wins so much and is so consistent is because she plays each point as if it matters a great deal. One point at a time. Laser focus on THE NOW. Not on the scoreboard.

Flabbergaster
numbers doesnt lie. number one player, and from now, she s one of my faves. :) jankovic was my fave, but she s just too negative now, so bye gurl :lol:

RESPECT!

tea
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Bashing the opponent is nothing new in every Caroline winning result thread. Today it's Jankovic. You guys must have patterns ready and only changing the name when it comes to discussion a match that Caroline won. So low.:D

Jane Lane
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
One reason Caroline wins so much and is so consistent is because she plays each point as if it matters a great deal. One point at a time. Laser focus on THE NOW. Not on the scoreboard.

She's not Nadal.

And tea, you obviously didn't watch the match. But that's nothing new.

JJ Expres
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
better player won, congrats caro :yeah:
good luck in finals :)

Optima
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
:sad:

That's about it.

Serenita
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1206480&t=o (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1206480/caroline-wozniacki-dancing.html)

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Actually agree with this. A lot of players would do well to learn from Caro, especially Jankovic.

Bashing the opponent is nothing new in every Caroline winning result thread. Today it's Jankovic. You guys must have patterns ready and only changing the name when it comes to discussion a match that Caroline won. So low.:D

If you don't think Jankovic was bad then you didn't watch the match. If you did, you weren't paying attention.

Ferg
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:21 PM
:facepalm:

Matej
Idiotic thread title.

You guys who are not very good friends with tennis think that Wozniacki is a pusher, she has no big shot etc, but you seem to be forgetting some serious element of tennis that Wozniacki is owning whole tour with. It is called anticipation. Yes. She has been reading Jankovic like an open book today, always been few steps ahead. Especially on clay it is valuable when you have a couple of extra fractions of second to think. She may have no Janka's great sliding, she may not have a big weapon in your understanding, but she's got something equally valuable: her head, ablity to read the game better than everyone.

Yes, she has a great anticipation, but when the other player has a short ball to put away, she often moves to one side pretty early, so theoretically it should be quite easy for the other player to hit the ball to the other side where the space is open. Just watch Federer, Nadal or Djokovic (or any top male player): they do that all the time. I donīt get it why it is seemingly such a difficult thing for female players to do?

amc987
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I just can't deal with the WTA any more.:facepalm:

It's not even that Woz is that bad. She would probably be top 10 even if the Williams sisters weren't injured, Clijsters showed up to play outside of slams, Henin hadn't retired, Sharapova played like her old self, etc. She's solid, and she competes well.

But she's also not very good. For all of her consistency, she's really just a high class pusher with serious holes in her game. She can't really be aggressive, her forehand is suspect, her serve is weak, her net game is almost non-existent. Her movement is even problematic on clay. And yet she manages to beat all these clowns with her epic retrieving. Time after time she's on the edge of a precipice (in both sets against Strycova, in the 2nd and 3rd sets against Wickmayer and in both sets today against JJ), and none of her opponents seem to take advantage. It's like they're saying, here Caroline, let me not even make you earn the points. Why don't I double fault, or miss easy volleys or make routine errors off of your weak serve. Someone should've sent the Great Wall of Denmark back to Europe already. The fact that no one has been able to just shows how terrible the WTA is now. It's embarrassing.:o

The longer this charade goes on, and the more tournaments she wins (regardless of how weak the draws are or how poorly she plays en route), the more people are going to start talking about how she might be a legitimate #1 after all. :rolleyes: Seriously, if she goes through Wimbledon winning all these WTA events because her opponents go walkabout and gift her with boatloads of errors, people might start talking about her dominating the tour. And God help us all if this level of play helps her win a slam... she'd be the Pusher Queen and women's tennis would have reached a new low.:help:

Temper1
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-HhhHpn844

Match point

starin
:worship: the more talented player won!!

Potato

This match was abysmal quality, just look at the stats. First set, no one held serve, JJ with 6-22 winner UE ratio, second set was better with some exciting rallies but ridiculous errors from both and especially from JJ who missed a bunch of sitters and overall 30 winners to 60 unforced errors in this match. And both of these players at net? Don't even get me started.

If you think Caroline played very well during this match, you are mistaken because I know she is capable of more. JJ was terrible.

Exciting? Maybe. High quality? No.

Patrick345
That was abysmal. Wozniacki bringing players down to her level at its finest. :o

Did Jelena lose to Wozniacki in the first/second round ten times in a row? Jankovic f***** sucks. She has become an embarrassment to womenīs tennis and the sooner she disappears and lets people forget that she ever was no.1 the better for the WTA Tour.

This doesnīt even concern Wozniacki. Wozniacki made a mistake playing Charleston, because she is already looking a bit tired (more mentally) and also a bit uncomfortable on clay. Even Djokovic is taking a break and doesnīt play Monte Carlo, but Caro has to play this MM tournament?

Flabbergaster
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
better player won, congrats caro :yeah:
good luck in finals :)

You are a sympathetic poster.
Not like the rest of the haters digging up excuses.
I am sure JJ will be back with a vengeance soon, best of luck to you and her :)

Aramitz_II
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Idiotic thread title.

As if spoken out of my mouth

tennis-insomniac
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1206480&t=o (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1206480/caroline-wozniacki-dancing.html)

OMG :lol:

kman
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Bashing the opponent is nothing new in every Caroline winning result thread. Today it's Jankovic. You guys must have patterns ready and only changing the name when it comes to discussion a match that Caroline won.
I love it:tape: I love coming here and reading the comments when another "savior" bites the dust.:lol:

Brena
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Did Jelena lose to Wozniacki in the first/second round ten times in a row? Jankovic f***** sucks. She has become an embarrassment to womenīs tennis and the sooner she disappears and lets people forget that she ever was no.1 the better for the WTA Tour.

This doesnīt even concern Wozniacki. Wozniacki played as bad/if not worse against Wickmayer/BZS and still won.

*sigh* So true. At least this match gives an answer to everyone who asks '' how can Wozniacki be #1 if she sucks?'' Well, this is how - the others suck even more. Jelena was really laughable. Woz as well, but we've got used to it.

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:25 PM
... Nevertheless Wozniacki made a mistake playing Charleston, because she is already looking a bit tired (more mentally) and also a bit uncomfortable on clay. Even Djokovic is taking a break and doesnīt play Monte Carlo, but Caro has to play this MM tournament?Its a Premier, the WTA probably wanted her to play because ESPN2 was showing matches all week. They dont do that outside majors.
I dont think she looks that tired. And she has next week off.

wally1
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I'm so glad I watched the fantastic Begu/Kuznetsova match earlier today or else I may have lost a lot of faith in women's tennis.Well I didn't, and I have.
I thought this match was absolutely dire. I tend to like good net play, and this had some of the worst I've seen from pro players, let alone two who are in the top ten.

Schadenfreude
Thx for embarassing tennis and your fanbase once more JJ :weirdo: I can understand that training all your life just to play such a boring, uninspiring and useless player like WoZzZzZz on center court, especially late in one's career and in a not so important tournament, brings no motivation and fire in a player, but seriously you shouldn't even need that to beat a player like her :weirdo:. Gifted the entire match from A to Z, hopefully you can deduct that from your taxes JJ claiming it was for a useless charitable cause. That's what empresses and celebrities do, no? Just ask them to deduct the F - SF prizemoney, so this ridiculous waste of time was worth something in the end.

I hope one day Woz wakes up and realizes how she's destroying the sport with her uninspiring play, her boring personality, the fact the tennis players won't even try to achieve excellency when training to become a pro going the easy way if the model themselves after her. But given how she and her father go about things this will never happen anyway. So the only thing we can hope for is that a lot of girls see Woz and get angry at the state of the game and develop a strong desire to rectify things... fighting for the game of tennis trying to share all the beautiful things and moments it is capable of giving us fans.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/keden/whambulance.jpg

Bonfire
Congrats to another victory!:bounce: Caro made my day!! Keep proving the haters wrong Caro:lol:
Good luck in the final!!!

angliru
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
The first point of the match was absolutely amazing! :)

10th final in 8 months. Congrats!

FormerlyKnownAs
Caro too strong what legs she has :o
All the better to crush you with.

Tweety Snape
This is all a bad dream, right?
Wake up Jelena.

http://i51.tinypic.com/29licjp.jpg

azdaja
And then I'd like a refund from the arrogant JJ supporters, who used words like 'punchbag' and 'schooling' in the WWW thread. JJ imho deserves a better class of fans than those.
erm, no she doesn't :wavey:

i was actually interested to see the outcome of this match even though i am not a fan of either player. i always thought this would be an epic matchup and judging by comments it was just like that :oh: didn't watch it, though. and that's my advice to those who are complaining about the state of women's tennis - just go watch something else until things get more to your taste :shrug: why would anyone watch something they just know they're not gonna like?

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
What the push? :weirdo:

poulao
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Caro :bounce:

JJ better luck next :hug:

kman
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:29 PM

It's not even that Woz is that bad. She would probably be top 10 even if the Williams sisters weren't injured, Clijsters showed up to play outside of slams, Henin hadn't retired, Sharapova played like her old self, etc. She's solid, and she competes well.

But she's also not very good. For all of her consistency, she's really just a high class pusher with serious holes in her game. She can't really be aggressive, her forehand is suspect, her serve is weak, her net game is almost non-existent. Her movement is even problematic on clay. And yet she manages to beat all these clowns with her epic retrieving. Time after time she's on the edge of a precipice (in both sets against Strycova, in the 2nd and 3rd sets against Wickmayer and in both sets today against JJ), and none of her opponents seem to take advantage. It's like they're saying, here Caroline, let me not even make you earn the points. Why don't I double fault, or miss easy volleys or make routine errors off of your weak serve. Someone should've sent the Great Wall of Denmark back to Europe already. The fact that no one has been able to just shows how terrible the WTA is now. It's embarrassing.:o

The longer this charade goes on, and the more tournaments she wins (regardless of how weak the draws are or how poorly she plays en route), the more people are going to start talking about how she might be a legitimate #1 after all. :rolleyes: Seriously, if she goes through Wimbledon winning all these WTA events because her opponents go walkabout and gift her with boatloads of errors, people might start talking about her dominating the tour. And God help us all if this level of play helps her win a slam... she'd be the Pusher Queen and women's tennis would have reached a new low.:help:

I only watched the last 10 minutes of this match but according to the Eurosport commentators it was a solid match and once again they talked about what a great representative Caroline is for the sport. But of course everything said here on TS is always going to be in diametrical opposition to the real world... nothing new there :D

Hate litte hater, hate :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
People act like Jankovic did something bad. How did Hantuchova & Kleybanova lose to McHale?
Jankovic is supposed to lose to Wozniacki.
Caro since Wimbledon is 5-0 against Jelena, Maria and Ana. 10 sets to zero.

Potato
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
erm, no she doesn't :wavey:

i was actually interested to see the outcome of this match even though i am not a fan of either player. i always thought this would be an epic matchup and judging by comments it was just like that :oh: didn't watch it, though. and that's my advice to those who are complaining about the state of women's tennis - just go watch something else until things get more to your taste :shrug: why would anyone watch something they just know they're not gonna like?

Because this is a match between two of the best players in the world and we expect it to be high quality from one player, the other, or even better both. Of course you'd be disappointed if you constantly see shit matches like these from the best players.

But you're right about taking a break from watching. This decline has been going on for too long, and WTA will continue to lose it's followers.

BartoLiNa
People act like Jankovic did something bad. How did Hantuchova & Kleybanova lose to McHale?

Hmm... I wonder why that could be? :rolleyes:

delicatecutter

This doesnīt even concern Wozniacki. Wozniacki made a mistake playing Charleston, because she is already looking a bit tired (more mentally) and also a bit uncomfortable on clay. Even Djokovic is taking a break and doesnīt play Monte Carlo, but Caro has to play this MM tournament?

Daddy needs his money and another easy title.

DragonFlame
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Her anticipation today was indeed remarkable and whittled away at the confidence of an already weak-minded Jankovic.

But anyone who watched the match can tell that this was Jankovic somewhere near her worst.
Wozniacki wasn't even hitting the ball that well herself either.
With even a half-baked strategy executed with any kind of competency, Jankovic would have taken this match...

I think what i'm most sad about is seeing how jelena's game is now.

-she has zero confidence
-she's missing sitters
-volleys/overheads non-existent
-dropshot..., no comment
-she's playing it save, she's not going for her shots. What happened to the risky backhands DTL?

But most of all:
-Drive volleys: What happened to the drive volleys.. Her drive volleys lack any sort of power these days and just give opponents more time to hit a shot.
-Angles: Her shots are not moving people around like they used to either, how many times did she hit short angled shots? 2 or 3 times? the times she did she won the point..
-Court sense? She was never a master tactician but still... Why can no one understand they shouldn't hit finishing shots to caroline's backhand side... Jelena wrongfooted caro 3 times in 2 hours? I just wish i saw her executing a winning gameplan.

This saddens me, it's on clay for godsakes. It was a pretty uninspiring claycourt match, it had nothing of what we're used to seeing on a claycourt. :(

Frederik
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
This is all a bad dream, right?
Wake up Jelena.

http://i51.tinypic.com/29licjp.jpg

FormerlyKnownAs
This is worse than any of 179 losses to bayb Anci or 235 chokes to Henin. This kind of loss to this kind of opponent can only mean that Jelena has never been and will never be able to recover to the confidence loss 2009 brought her. I can't see her as anything but a journeywoman from now on. Watching her play like this is so heart-breaking I can't even find the right words. The sadness is so overwhelming, I don't even feel my usual disgust at Wozniacki...
Goodbye, JJ. You were a wonderful player once and maybe one day will again appear someone like you. :sad::sad::sad:

P.S. Woztards, don't get too cocky, even you expected Jj to win because you do know she's a class above the Golden one.

Is that what we saw today???

Miracle Worker
:facepalm: JJ, you're .... :facepalm:

http://i34.tinypic.com/29p574p.jpg

Potato
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I only watched the last 10 minutes of this match but according to the Eurosport commentators it was a solid match and once again they talked about what a great representative Caroline is for the sport. But of course everything said here on TS is always going to be in diametrical opposition to the real world... nothing new there :D

Caro is a good representative for the sport. She is number one, she wins matches, and is the best player in the world right now. Everyone else? Unable to take their chances, unable to do anything.

You didn't watch this match, so you shouldn't judge on the quality. The non-delusional Wozniacki fans have commented that Wozniacki was not good. Commentators in general say stupid shit all the time, they usually just vomit random shit out of their mouths.

kman
These ACTIVE FORMER #1s are breakfast snacks nowadays :lol:

SwingVolley93
Why is no one smart enough to beat this annoying player?! :fiery: All you have to do is pressure her FH, play long points, good drop shots and good net approaches. THATS IT! I am so sick of Caroline Wozniacki winning. FML :)

schorsch

You do realize that these guys have to talk this way in order to earn their money? It doesn't mean that Jo Durie and Sam don't die a little inside whenever that happens... As for Chris Bradman, well anything that looks like a woman will make him get orgasms, that's... just how he his.

As for the general media liking her? They don't. What they like is the fact that Woz says yes to practically every interview and event... and is all fake and :) look "I am so easy to work with", no matter how boring she is. And that for these people who are bored of asking the same questions over and over makes things easier for them somewhat. They're still bored by her though, just don't have to work as hard as usually to get the good stuff and settle for the mediocre stuff, cause sometimes they work hard and get the same answers anyways. So... they'd rather get the same boring answers in an easier fashion... And everyone can understand that...

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Caroline has improved. The players know it. Jankovic knows she cant win baseline rallies against her for 3 hours.
The haters think Caroline has no game and you have to stink to lose to her.

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I think what i'm most sad about is seeing how jelena's game is now.

-she has zero confidence
-she's missing sitters
-volleys/overheads non-existent
-dropshot..., no comment
-she's playing it save, she's not going for her shots. What happened to the risky backhands DTL?

But most of all:
-Drive volleys: What happened to the drive volleys.. Her drive volleys lack any sort of power these days and just give opponents more time to hit a shot.
-Angles: Her shots are not moving people around like they used to either, how many times did she hit short angled shots? 2 or 3 times? the times she did she won the point..
-Court sense? She was never a master tactician but still... Why can no one understand they shouldn't hit finishing shots to caroline's backhand side... Jelena wrongfooted caro 3 times in 2 hours? I just wish i saw her executing a winning gameplan.

This saddens me, it's on clay for godsakes. It was a pretty uninspiring claycourt match, it had nothing of what we're used to seeing on a claycourt. :(
Did you expect anything else from a match with Wozniacki on clay? Add to that, Jankovic was lethally bad and you've got one hell of a bunk match.

Flabbergaster
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Caroline has improved. The players know it. Jankovic knows she cant win baseline rallies against her for 3 hours.

Quoted for the truth!

Setsuna.
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:39 PM

You are a complete joke.:weirdo:

Vikapower
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM

ROFL !! You didn't see the first set... but I suspect some "Caro fans" like Tea the famous, Kman... to come on to you didn't see the match yet still give yourselves the abilitation to give an opinion about it... Nice.

tea
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
If you think Caroline played very well during this match, you are mistaken because I know she is capable of more. JJ was terrible.

Exciting? Maybe. High quality? No.
She played well enough to win a random Tier II tourney match. Of courst, she's capable of more, but the girl in her 20 years appears to be as mature as those few great champs left on tour. She is just simply winning matches. HC - check, clay - check...

I never said high quality, I said great. And it was great to me, synonym to exciting could well be. Some of the angles were crazy! The way they dealt with the wind also requires mentioning! Great match, all in all.

Burisleif
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wow, you can sense people's emotions through what they type? That way you can use your trolling abilities to full efficiency.

It's really not that hard to judge now is it? Opinions on the match that are no relation to reality, insults and scorn, and prophet like predictions state of the WTA coffers.

I quit TF :hysteric:

Have fun on MTF... :wavey:

Both were terrible today, but Wozniacki was less bad.

Do you know why the WTA is in such a rut? Because viewers have to go through shit matches like these. The match was only entertaining because it was so bad, you were kept in suspense if JJ would even try to hold serve, or if she would miss a stupid sitter. There is a reason that ATP is 219312312031x better than the WTA.\, and the gap is only getting wider and wider.

The crowd loved the match... :)

For the first clay of the year, and transition tournament, its warming up nicely game by game. :)

kman
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM
You do realize that these guys have to talk this way in order to earn their money?
Yea, and the crowd has been bribed to cheer for her :lol:

Aramitz_II
Yes, she has a great anticipation, but when the other player has a short ball to put away, she often moves to one side pretty early, so theoretically it should be quite easy for the other player to hit the ball to the other side where the space is open. Just watch Federer, Nadal or Djokovic (or any top male player): they do that all the time. I donīt get it why it is seemingly such a difficult thing for female players to do?

It may have something to do with the fact that men are substantially stronger, they are much more able to make controlled shots out of timing, and therefore more incline to make last second ajustments

DragonFlame

Still.. what do i need to do to see a damn slice on a claycourt? Is there any topplayer who can use a slice these days? I thought i couldn't miss justine any more then i already did but with the claycourt season coming up i kinda feel a depression coming up. :o

Miracle Worker
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:43 PM

:worship:

First she brings players down to her level, and then she wins with them because of better experience in this level...

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM

I think you should stick this nauseating sentimental drivel up you rectify. Did you even see the match??

What you write has got bugger all to do with tennis, its a diatribe telling us about your parallel world.

Both girls tried there best, it was a pretty even match with some long rallies which the crowd seemd to cheer, and as it turned out CW managed to come out the winner.

terjw
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:45 PM
WD Caro. Both Caro and JJ played some amazing points. As far as everyone here saying it was pathetic - this is at complete odds with Jo Durie and Simon Reed's assessment. And both players were moving the other around all the time.

And JJ is far from finished or an embarrassment. I find her fans an ambarrassment now. Any other player - she'd have beaten. She'll be back and I think she'd have got this title if it wasn't for being up against Caro.

But most posters in GM said JJ would win easily. Laughed at the bookies odds and thought that they knew better than the people who if they set tthe wrong odds lose money. And they still don't get it that Caro is difficult to beat and think it's easy.

The commentators talked about Caro's anticipation. That's why there were some really long rallies that JJ didn't win or won when she'd have won the point several shots earlier against anyone else. She's got her mind on where Caro is moving, that this is the 3rd time she's got to put away a point. And that's why all players don't win every rally they control against Caro.

I'll take professional commentators, what the professional players themselves say, my own eyes watching the match, bookies who set odds to make money rather than idiots on these boards who don't seem to have any understanding about what it takes to win. Have an appalling track record in their predictions. And can only come up with every single player is an idiot if they lose to Caro.

Match after match she usually wins and she is the #1 on results. It's not easy to beat her and yet still GM posters defy logic and think it is.

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Holding the ball till the opponent commits? Justine was great at that :worship:

C. W. Fields
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:46 PM
The first set was a very messy afair with 7 breaks in 10 games! The only reasonable explanation is nerves caused by great mutual respect. In set 2 the quality improved but neither player was fully confident to really go for her shots. Caro won most of the long rallies so JJ tried to shorten the points by going for more but missed too often.
Caro was the better player today though she was far from her best. JJ regressed to her level of play from last half of 2010 after promising play the last 2 months. I hope for her it was just a one match glitch (like Caro's match against Petkovic) and she'll play close to her best again soon.

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Yea, and the crowd has been bribed to cheer for her :lol:

People who are casual fans go whoaaa at long rallies and fake, boring sunshine smiles... Seriously, we don't even need to discuss that. They probably only have to deal with that once a year, so it can be forgiven. It's like telling a Britney fan that Mozart is superior to her. One has talent, the other just overmarkets herself with the same boring shit all the time at a mediocre level while being all fake and appealing to the masses. And Woz isn't even that. Only to the REALLY clueless masses and some weird guys on here.

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I think you should stick this nauseating sentimental drivel up you rectify. Did you even see the match??

What you write has got bugger all to do with tennis, its a diatribe telling us about your parallel world.

Both girls tried there best, it was a pretty even match with some long rallies which the crowd seemd to cheer, and as it turned out CW managed to come out the winner.

If that's true (which it isn't, since neither girl looked motivated even slightly) then it makes it even worse.

RenaSlam.
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Those 3 amateur FH swinging volley misses by JJ on huge points :help: :facepalm: :icant:

DragonFlame
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Those 3 amateur FH swinging volley misses by JJ on huge points :help: :facepalm: :icant:

The girl can't hit a drive volley to save her life. She's on par with Li Na at that. :o

Patrick345
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
It may have something to do with the fact that men are substantially stronger, they are much more able to make controlled shots out of timing, and therefore more incline to make last second ajustments

Or it is that men piss alone and women always go to the bathroom in twos.

Give me a break.

That match sucked. Lots of people praised Kuznetsova and Begu this afternoon. You danish fans always get so defensive, although that seems to run in your veins. ;)

Should have said that Wozniacki is in poor form right now, clay is her worst surface, but she still pulled out a win like a world #1/champion is supposed to and moved on.

Instead you all either troll or are really too stupid to judge the quality of tennis, because you all only started to watch the sport when Wozniacki emerged. :confused:

Aramitz_II
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM

Here is a lot of homegrown tennisexperts around, and they confirm each other mutally

schorsch
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM

If you think that was top players trying their best, then the standart you want to preferrably watch is pretty damn low. Then again, you must be used to that, so it's understandable (well somewhat understable that is).

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM

Eurosport shows arm wrestling for those that need extreme excitment and cannot be bothered with the WTA any more.

kman
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I'll take professional commentators, what the professional players themselves say, my own eyes watching the match, bookies who set odds to make money rather than idiots on these boards who don't seem to have any understanding about what it takes to win.
THEY'RE ALL PAID OFF! IT'S ONE BIG CONSPIRACY. EVERYONE KNOWS CAROLINE SUCKS AND THAT SHE IS DESTROYING THE SPORT!

Vikapower
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM

You're right and you did good to cite Federer... anybody can take videotapes of him to watch how he deals with balls in the forthcourt on his FH side... he always waits a slight second before he hits to see exactly where his opponent is or where his opponent is heading to...

In girl's tennis and this was particularly visible with Wickmayer... as soon as they get the short balls they just rush like stupid dumbs obnubilated at crushing the ball more than placement or variety... just anywhere... any how... stupid much.

Woz knows the habits of these brainless so she just needs to anticipate there... one thing girls never do is hit strong down the middle... Nadal does that often too...

Viktymise
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
WD Caro. Both Caro and JJ played some amazing points. As far as everyone here saying it was pathetic - this is at complete odds with Jo Durie and Simon Reed's assessment. And both players were moving the other around all the time.

And JJ is far from finished. Any other player - she'd have beaten. She'll be back and I think she'd have got this title if it wasn't for being up against Caro.

But most posters in GM said JJ would win easily. Laughed at the bookies odds and thought that they knew better than the people who if they set tthe wrong odds lose money. And they still don't get it that Caro is difficult to beat and think it's easy.

The commentators talked about Caro's anticipation. That's why there were some really long rallies that JJ didn't win or won when she'd have won the point several shots earlier against anyone else. She's got her mind on where Caro is moving, that this is the 3rd time she's got to put away a point. And that's why all players don't win every rally they control against Caro.

I'll take professional commentators, what the professional players themselves say, my own eyes watching the match, bookies who set odds to make money rather than idiots on these boards who don't seem to have any understanding about what it takes to win. Have an appalling track record in their predictions. And can only come up with every single player is an idiot if they lose to Caro.

Match after match she usually wins and she is the #1 on results. It's not easy to beat her and yet still GM posters defy logic and think it is.

And BS post of the year goes to........

Matej
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
The first set was a very messy afair with 7 breaks in 10 games! The only reasonable explanation is nerves caused by great mutual respect. In set 2 the quality improved but neither player was fully confident to really go for her shots. Caro won most of the long rallies so JJ tried to shorten the points by going for more but missed too often.
Caro was the better player today though she was far from her best. JJ regressed to her level of play from last half of 2010 after promising play the last 2 months. I hope for her it was just a one match glitch (like Caro's match against Petkovic) and she'll play close to her best again soon.

Fair assesment. But if you watched the match against Pavlyuchenko in Monterrey, Ivanovic in IW and Petkovic in Miami, her game was as mediocre as today. I donīt think she will be in Top 10 at the end of this year.

TennisFan66
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM

And JJ is far from finished. Any other player - she'd have beaten. She'll be back and I think she'd have got this title if it wasn't for being up against Caro.

I agree 100% apart from two points.

1) Luckily it wasn't Simon 'Murray is too intelligent to need a coach' Reed today w/Jo and
2) Bookies don't really 'set' the odds. They set the very initial odds and then move them if need be on back of money flow ;)

T_P
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I only saw the second set which was pretty horrible and then I read in here the first was even worse :o
I really fail to see how some Caro fans can think it was a good match. Just look at the stats...

Just Do It
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:00 PM
JaJa's discriminating volleys :hysteric:

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I only saw the second set which was pretty horrible and then I read in here the first was even worse :o
I really fail to see how some Caro fans can think it was a good match. Just look at the stats...

Because saying 'Caro wasn't playing well, but she still found a way through like a champion should' is too difficult for them, apparently.

DownInAHole
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The first set was a bit...scattered...but I thought that both players played an entertaining second set. Jelena did hit too many poor errors but there were also some great rallies. Honestly, I was expecting three sets but I didn't think the match was terrible.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
People who are casual fans go whoaaa at long rallies and fake, boring sunshine smiles... Seriously, we don't even need to discuss that. They probably only have to deal with that once a year, so it can be forgiven. It's like telling a Britney fan that Mozart is superior to her. One has talent, the other just overmarkets herself with the same boring shit all the time at a mediocre level while being all fake and appealing to the masses. And Woz isn't even that. Only to the REALLY clueless masses and some weird guys on here.

It must be nice to be such a superior person, it must be nice to live in a parallel universe so you don't have too mingle with the clueless masses.

Keep it up you amuse me, as a suitable case.

doomsday
What the hell:lol:
JJ shame on you.

schorsch
Eurosport shows arm wrestling for those that need extreme excitment and cannot be bothered with the WTA any more.

Oh, you seem to think that WTA = WozZzz. No Sir, the only thing we can't bother with is WOzzzZzzz and top players off form or injured. Not the WTA in its entirety. Because we care about the game (thus don't like WozZzz) and not just her being Polish, Danish or a secure source of getting many titles or wins. We care about the quality and the excitement the game can bring forth and that's the main difference.

Seriously... Let me make an example. I don't like Caro and neither do I like Serena. But when Serena hits some crazy shot you can't help but go :speakles: at times even though you don't support her at all. She creates buzz and has a genuine personality and a real game that inspires people (even though she doesn't even use her full technique due to her knees and her upper body strength anymore!) This just simply doesn't happen with WozzZZzz. The usual reaction is: omg, how did that get in :facepalm:, or: another misshit or poorly hit shot got her the point :facepalm: or: seriously? you wouldn't even miss that against Henin for God's sake.

And that's about it.

I do realize that everyone has a different taste, but when all the things that are beautiful about tennis suffer, because of a player that goes against all that... you simply can't sit there and accept it.

1) Tennis thrives on personalities: Caro has no personality..
2) Tennis thrives on wowing the crowds with shots you wouldn't even imagine are possible: Caro can't do that.
3) Tennis is like a form of art: Caro paints the same boring picture over and over again using her big, forgiving rackets and her soft and mediocre strings to "brush" the ball like some failed artist .
4) Tennis has become more athletic lately requiring much more speed and strength, but even there where Caro is supposed to be at her best, we can't really learn proper tennis footwork that is graceful and textbook.
5) Tennis is supposed to allow you to express yourself and play your own individual style... Yet hers is so not memorable. If you step on the court and hit a shot a certain way and your friend tells you "LOL at that lassu forehand are you Rafa or what?"...Caro won't ever be mentionned, because nothing that she does inspires. Virtually NOTHING.

Bismarck.
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
:lol: Only saw the first set, and it was vile. Keep up the flawless preparation for your FO crown, Jelly!

ivanban
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I could only bare to watch 3 games of this match, it was THAT bad :help:

JJ :wavey: Hopefully this will earn her a honorary citizenship for Idiotsville :cuckoo:

Matej
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
You're right and you did good to cite Federer... anybody can take videotapes of him to watch how he deals with balls in the forthcourt on his FH side... he always waits a slight second before he hits to see exactly where his opponent is or where his opponent is heading to...

In girl's tennis and this was particularly visible with Wickmayer... as soon as they get the short balls they just rush like stupid dumbs obnubilated at crushing the ball more than placement or variety... just anywhere... any how... stupid much.

Woz knows the habits of these brainless so she just needs to anticipate there... one thing girls never do is hit strong down the middle... Nadal does that often too...

Yep, it was really frustrating to watch Wickmayer doing it time and time again. :( By the way, there has never been so huge gap between the quality of men tennis and women tennis as there is today.

Aramitz_II
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Or it is that men piss alone and women always go to the bathroom in twos.

Give me a break.

That match sucked. Lots of people praised Kuznetsova and Begu this afternoon. You danish fans always get so defensive, although that seems to run in your veins. ;)

Should have said that Wozniacki is in poor form right now, clay is her worst surface, but she still pulled out a win like a world #1/champion is supposed to and moved on.

Instead you all either troll or are really too stupid to judge the quality of tennis, because you all only started to watch the sport when Wozniacki emerged. :confused:

My fist female tennis match was Cris Evert vs Billie Jean King at Wimbeldon. I bet you where not even born then.

PMBH
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Good match. Wozniacki is obviously a much better player than Jankovich at this point, and she only had too play at 70-80% of her best level to win. But the big question now is whether she can add those percentages at the slams because she needs it to win against Clijsters or Serena.

Patrick345
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Fair assesment. But if you watched the match against Pavlyuchenko in Monterrey, Ivanovic in IW and Petkovic in Miami, her game was as mediocre as today. I donīt think she will be in Top 10 at the end of this year.

No it wasnīt. Jankovic was on the way to recovery. Even in her losses to Wozniacki, Pavlyuchenkova and Zvonareva in the desert she played better than when she won Indian Wells in 2010, BUT then Ivanovic happened and it is back to sucking. Those are the signs of a mentally toasted player. One match (and a very high quality match for 1 1/2 sets) shouldnīt de-rail you like that.

If I had to do it in order

Jankovic (USO final) >>> Jankovic (Monterrey/Dubai/Doha/Indian Wells) > Jankovic (Indian Wells 2010) >>>> Jankovic today.

goldenlox
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Good match. Wozniacki is obviously a much better player than Jankovich at this point, and she only had too play at 70-80% of her best level to win. But the big question now is whether she can add those percentages at the slams because she needs it to win against Clijsters or Serena.Caroline still needs to improve some areas, but she is better than Jankovic. Just because Jankovic beat McHale didnt mean Caro was in trouble.

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM
If that's true (which it isn't, since neither girl looked motivated even slightly) then it makes it even worse.

This is a matter of opinion, and therefore pointless to argue. The fact that it was even and entertaining was ok by me.

The fact that CW won just made it better.

Everyone can claim to be an expert here, and sometimes the tards, fanaticfans, trolls and haters are amusing and entertaining, but sometimes the "expert" opinions on the death of the WTA etc etc just makes me wonder why some people give up and stasrt watching arm wrestling.

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM

And JJ is far from finished or an embarrassment. I find her fans an ambarrassment now. Any other player - she'd have beaten. She'll be back and I think she'd have got this title if it wasn't for being up against Caro.

Dumb post.

Matej
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Good match. Wozniacki is obviously a much better player than Jankovich at this point, and she only had too play at 70-80% of her best level to win. But the big question now is whether she can add those percentages at the slams because she needs it to win against Clijsters or Serena.

With respect to their tennis abilities, they are about the same right now. But Wozniacki is certainly the more self-confident player right now and she has the "aura" of being No. 1. I mean, if Wozniacki played at the same level as she did yesterday and was ranked - say - no. 4 instead of no. 1, Wickmayer would have probably won that match in two sets. Tennis is pretty much a mental game as well.

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
This is a matter of opinion, and therefore pointless to argue. The fact that it was even and entertaining was ok by me.

The fact that CW won just made it better.

Everyone can claim to be an expert here, and sometimes the tards, fanaticfans, trolls and haters are amusing and entertaining, but sometimes the "expert" opinions on the death of the WTA etc etc just makes me wonder why some people give up and stasrt watching arm wrestling.

I don't think the WTA is dying, and I actually like Wozniacki. But this was a bad match, at times laughably so. If you think it was a high quality match then you don't have a different opinion, you are just wrong. Sorry :shrug:

CWTennis
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah baby! Well done! :woohoo:

http://i52.tinypic.com/11mcc9l.jpg

Stamp Paid
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Woz is killing yall :lol:

Sp!ffy
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Yeah baby! Well done! :woohoo:

http://i52.tinypic.com/11mcc9l.jpg

Hehe, that was when she got crushed 2 rounds later, isn't it? :lol:

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
If you think that was top players trying their best, then the standart you want to preferrably watch is pretty damn low. Then again, you must be used to that, so it's understandable (well somewhat understable that is).

I watch what is available, sometimes I enjoy it sometimes I don't, but I will not begin to long for something that isn't happening.

Vikapower
Yep, it was really frustrating to watch Wickmayer doing it time and time again. :( By the way, there has never been so huge gap between the quality of men tennis and women tennis as there is today.

What do you expect. :hug: Girls have became clueless hitting robots who have nothing than for goal to hit each and every shot as hard or as close to the lines...

Watching where, how... before you hit the ball in transition to the forecourt isn't even technique just common sense... another one... girls don't even realize how far behind Caro is often when they're coming to the net to pass under the ball...

Sigh. When they still do realize it they yet have the ought to miss as tragically as JJ has done time and time in this match... just clueless in every means.

I love girl's tennis, I've been stuck into it for 5yrs. but I wouldn't advise a newbie to engage himself/herself as a fan... too much to endure.

Men's tennis is so over women's right now this unrecuperable unless some Federer just appears as like a miracle on the WTA tour just like he appeared in ATP to crush the useless mugs Roddick & co...

goldenlox
I don't think the WTA is dying, and I actually like Wozniacki. But this was a bad match, at times laughably so. If you think it was a high quality match then you don't have a different opinion, you are just wrong. Sorry :shrug:I have yet to see a thread in GM after a Wozniacki win where she wasnt treated like this.
She never gets any credit from haters. So, screw them.

doomsday
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hehe, that was when she got crushed 2 rounds later, isn't it? :lol:

So true, that bitch thought she was going to win the title just because she beat Shoulderpova:rolleyes: so glad Zvo took her out.

Sp!ffy
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I have yet to see a thread in GM after a Wozniacki win where she wasnt treated like this.

http://www.tennisnow.com/images/wozniacki-is-a-beast.jpg

The Daviator
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Oh, you seem to think that WTA = WozZzz. No Sir, the only thing we can't bother with is WOzzzZzzz and top players off form or injured. Not the WTA in its entirety. Because we care about the game (thus don't like WozZzz) and not just her being Polish, Danish or a secure source of getting many titles or wins. We care about the quality and the excitement the game can bring forth and that's the main difference.

Seriously... Let me make an example. I don't like Caro and neither do I like Serena. But when Serena hits some crazy shot you can't help but go :speakles: at times even though you don't support her at all. She creates buzz and has a genuine personality and a real game that inspires people (even though she doesn't even use her full technique due to her knees and her upper body strength anymore!) This just simply doesn't happen with WozzZZzz. The usual reaction is: omg, how did that get in :facepalm:, or: another misshit or poorly hit shot got her the point :facepalm: or: seriously? you wouldn't even miss that against Henin for God's sake.

And that's about it.

I do realize that everyone has a different taste, but when all the things that are beautiful about tennis suffer, because of a player that goes against all that... you simply can't sit there and accept it.

2) Tennis thrives on wowing the crowds with shots you wouldn't even imagine are possible: Caro can't do that.
3) Tennis is like a form of art: Caro paints the same boring picture over and over again using her big, forgiving rackets and her soft and mediocre strings to "brush" the ball like some failed artist .
4) Tennis has become more athletic lately requiring much more speed and strength, but even there where Caro is supposed to be at her best, we can't really learn proper tennis footwork that is graceful and textbook.
5) Tennis is supposed to allow you to express yourself and play your own individual style... Yet hers is so not memorable. If you step on the court and hit a shot a certain way and your friend tells you "LOL at that lassu forehand are you Rafa or what?"...Caro won't ever be mentionned, because nothing that she does inspires. Virtually NOTHING.

Who are you to speak on behalf of the media and tennis fans in general? :lol: You seem to be confused, tennis is not a movie or a concert, it is a GAME. The aim of the game is to win by any fair means necessary, which is what Caro has been doing, and will be doing for many years to come. If you can't handle who the top women's tennis player is, then I suggest you go and follow something else, and be entertained elsewhere.

Delighted for Caro! :D Yet another title coming up hopefully :dance: And I have to laugh at JJ fans :lol: Having a breakdown over this loss, yet losing to Diyas or Amanmuradova is somehow ok :spit:

doomsday
I love girl's tennis, I've been stuck into it for 5yrs. but I wouldn't advise a newbie to engage himself/herself as a fan... too much to endure.

THIS. I think we're doomed:lol:

Matej
I don't think the WTA is dying, and I actually like Wozniacki. But this was a bad match, at times laughably so. If you think it was a high quality match then you don't have a different opinion, you are just wrong. Sorry :shrug:

Yeah, it certainly wasnīt a good match, just see the ratio between winners and unenforced errors by both players. A few good rallies here and there, but too many horrible errors and so much clumsiness at the net.

Miracle Worker
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.tennisnow.com/images/wozniacki-is-a-beast.jpg

What the hell she has on her head? :eek:

Fantasy Hero
Caro :inlove:

hurricanejeanne
I couldn't watch after the first set and all the goddamn breaks. What happened to holding serve with authority or at least faking it?

Anyways, today's match showed just how much Jelena's game has lost its spark. She used to win matches like this a few years ago. Woz will win the finals, probably win one of the events in Europe and be the "big favorite" for the French Open title in which she will win and thus be annoited the gREATesT plAyER oF aLl tIME!!1111111

I can't wait.

:banghead:

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I have yet to see a thread in GM after a Wozniacki win where she wasnt treated like this.

Rise above it :shrug:

I admit I was looking forward to this match and expecting something great so maybe that's why I was left so disappointed. But I am honestly baffled when I see people saying it was a great match. I mean, really?

tea
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:29 PM
So true, that bitch thought she was going to win the title just because she beat Shoulderpova:rolleyes: so glad Zvo took her out.
Nope, that's not exactly what happened. 100-200 bitches on TF were expecting Maria to beat the useless pusher, but as it is turning out they cannot yet forgive the best players in the world for hurting their fave.:baby:

bandabou
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM

And that's about it.

Indeed...and this is something the fanboys won't ever get. Caroline SHOULD be able to play more inspiring tennis...she's a big girl. why is she insisting to play this passive mode?! So uninspiring?

Patrick345
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:31 PM
What do you expect. :hug: Girls have became clueless hitting robots who have nothing than for goal to hit each and every shot as hard or as close to the lines...

Watching where, how... before you hit the ball in transition to the forecourt isn't even technique just common sense... another one... girls don't even realize how far behind Caro is often when they're coming to the net to pass under the ball...

Yeah just take that ball by Peng. She hits a ball smack on the baseline from right behind the net, could easily have been out instead. If she just dropped it off short against the foot it would have been dead on the ground before Vesnina could have touched it. It really is something that should come naturally to a world class tennis player, to any tennis player. Itīs the easier shot. Wrong foot, short, dead. No she plays it baseline long into Vesninaīs direction. Itīs 2cm longer, itīs out. Itīs 20 cm shorter, Vesnina has a play on the ball. :help:

Nicolás89
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Some great rallies there. :yeah:

ce
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:35 PM
:spit:

pj5
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM

a bit harsh on everyone.
basically you can't blame them on what they wished.
Clearly most wished wizniacki to lose.
Nothing wrong "conceptully" with that.
I think most people get it that Wozniacki as #1 is here to stay ... no probs ... but they are not saying it!

FormerlyKnownAs
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:38 PM

And that's about it.

Now, do you feel better that you have got that off your chest.

Good. No I do not that WTA = WozZzz. Just as I don't believe you are really interested in tennis by what you write here, but then you might be nice to old ladies for all I know, so I give you the benefit of the doubt but I come here to be entertained and you are not entertaining.

Jane Lane

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And wrong again.

When she killed Flavia in Doha because she didn't play like a useless pusher, everyone praised her.

JN
ROFL !! You didn't see the first set... but I suspect some "Caro fans" like Tea the famous, Kman... to come on to you didn't see the match yet still give yourselves the abilitation to give an opinion about it... Nice.

"abilitation"??? How did you do that? http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/7.gif

amc987
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM

I'm not saying that Caroline doesn't have positive qualities. She's consistent. She competes extremely well. She's very mentally tough. You have to beat her. Kudos to her for having improved as much as she has. She's obviously a nice girl. I don't think anything in my post suggested that she was a poor representative for the sport.

That said, I don't think it makes me a hater to point out that she has serious holes in her game. Serve is a mess. Forehand is a mess. She can't really be aggressive, and on big points she is more than content to push the ball back and wait for her opponent to miss. I already stated the obvious fact that Caroline would still be a top 10 player even if the WTA were stronger. I'm saying that the fact that she's been able to be as successful as she has--notwithstanding her performances at the Grand Slams-- is more an illustration of the low level of the tour than her brilliance as a player. Apart from Jankovic, she's probably the weakest #1 we've had in a long time. When was the last time we had a #1 player who played this defensively, had no real weapons to speak of, wasn't a tactical genius, and won as much as Caroline does?:confused:Despite her shortcomings, she's pretty far ahead on points, she continues to go deep in the draws of most regular tour events she enters, and she doesn't lose that often.

I find it frustrating (and even mind-boggling) that more players aren't able to exposes her weaknesses on a consistent basis. You're welcome to disagree. But don't accuse me of being petty for pointing out that her level isn't as high as it should be considering what she's already achieved.

Zamboni
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Enough, all of you.