PDA

View Full Version : Marbella QF: Irina-Camelia Begu d. (6) Klara Zakopalova 63 63

Ellery
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Klara :o

FORZA SARITA
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:44 PM
this Begu is really good :eek:
czechs and their attitudes :facepalm:

PerfectForm
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I've really been impressed by Begu this week, its almost puzzling how she has not made the top 100 at least yet. She has a good serve, decent defense, good tactical mind & good solid strokes that should take her to the top 100 at least. Hopefully, she will reach there soon with this breakthrough tournament.

Miracle Worker
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe Dulgheru won't win in Marbella, but Romania still have Begu :eek:

SVK
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Every single year there is one Romanian who has a breakthrough, Im curious who it will be next year

young_gunner913
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Kookie :smash:

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Every single year there is one Romanian who has a breakthrough, Im curious who it will be next year

Maybe that Cirstea girl?

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Wow. Easily the best win of Irina's rapidly improving career. This really has been a real breakthrough week for her. Her first WTA maindraw win, her 1st WTA quarterfinal and her 1st WTA semifinal all in the same week.

Right now Irina is probably the fastest improving player outside the top 100. She started 2011 ranked 202. Next week she will be at least 114. In the unlikely, but the way she is playing right now not impossible, event that she beats Kuznetsova, Irina will find herself comfortably inside the top 100 next week.

I am very curious to see how Irina continues her rapid rise up the rankings for the rest of this year. She has a lot going for her. She's got a good serve, almost certainly the best in Romanian tennis, strong groundies and she moves pretty well for a tall girl.

iPatty
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Had a feeling she would win this. :yeah: Hasn't lost a set this week, including qualies. Great experience for her that will hopefully give her the confidence to keep rising and add another Romanian to the Top100. :yeah:

juki
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Irina :yeah: Still hasn't dropped a set in 6 matches :eek:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Irina :yeah: Still hasn't dropped a set in 6 matches :eek:

Yep. And even more amazing....in 12 sets she has dropped just 26 games. That is barely 2 games a set. :eek:

Corswandt
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I want this woman to keep winning so that I keep reading her name here and elsewhere. Everywhere.

Irina Camelia :hearts:

Seems to use a full western, for those inclined to such details.

rucolo
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:35 PM
wow Begu reaches her first WTA SF! :eek::worship:

Zakopalova is annoying. Hate her attitude on court. Begu vs Azarenka final please. :angel:

Sorana, please wake up, you`re still the most beautiful though! :hearts:

Sean.
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Which would explain why she likes the clay. Would like to see her play on hard courts before I sing her praises too much!

njnetswill
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
It's nice to see other Romanians making the transition to the WTA level, now that Cirstea, Olaru, and Halep seem to have stalled in their progress. :yeah:

Hian
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I expected this :lol: Klara :hug:
Congrats Irina :)

Linguae^
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Czechs are mostly annoying on Tour.

Slutiana
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sad for Klara, but still so happy to see Irina making a move this year. Thought she was going to just stay between 150-250 for the rest of her career at one point, but she's already 18-2 for the year. Go, girl. :worship:

I want this woman to keep winning so that I keep reading her name here and elsewhere. Everywhere.

Irina Camelia :hearts:

Romanian names are seriously the best. If I have a daughter, I will be using a double-barrel Romanian name. Period. Every time one of them decides to officially ditch the double-barrel first name, a little kid dies somewhere. (RIP Sorana-Mihaela :bigcry:)

crazylace01
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
That was disgusting Klara. :o

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Begu sounds so Albanian :sobbing:.

Good win :yeah:

edificio
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Kookie was just hopeless.

Curcubeu
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm so happy that she finally managed her breakthrough! It was more than overdue! :yeah:

How solid and mentally strong she fought through this match! :eek:

You wouldn't have thought that she faces a Top 50 player in her first WTA quarterfinal with real chances to advance to the semis! Very impressive! Keep going girl! :cheer:

I'm surprised how many people like her only because of her name! :lol:

ciprianned
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cristina Dinu ! :)

Curcubeu
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:24 PM
or Elena Bogdan! :lol: