PDA

View Full Version : Marbella : (1)Vika Azarenka def. (WC) Dina Safina 5-1 RET low back injury again

M.P
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Not Again Not!!!!!

MBM
Dinara can't catch a break

darkangel23
Congrats Vika :)

I don't know why Dinara retired....:confused:

iGOAT
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM
*5-1. This is REALLY scary for Dina though :sad::scared:.

Sam.
Safina was bad with Azarenka !

Sean.
:sobbing: She couldn't serve & had some pretty heavy treatment on her lower back.

She was in tears as she left. Nice of Vika to check she's ok though.

BartoLiNa
Really sad about this :sad:

Everytime she looks to be getting back some form she hits another setback. It's hard to imagine her getting back to the player she once was.

Lachy
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Oh no. I'm scared :unsure:

Dani12
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Moments like this make you wonder if Dinara will ever recover from this :sad:

You could tell Vika just felt awful for her, like she just wanted to give her a big hug. I know I did.

Curcubeu
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Was so looking forward to this and now such a catastrophe for Dinara again... :o
Get well soon! :hug:

I wonder, though, if she has the body to come back on top again... :unsure:

Brena
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:16 PM
noooooooooooooo :sad:

Noctis
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I didnt see her cry :shrug: she seems ok. i hope she's able to recover

goldenlox
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
This is a career threatening injury. She probably should never play again just to protect her back for when she's 40, 50, 60, 70 years old

Hian
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Again... :hug:
Win the title Vika!

young_gunner913
Catfina? :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Dinara :hug: :bigcry: really doesnt look good

Setsuna.
:sad:

Jane Lane
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Oh no Dina :sad::sad::hug::hug: Hopefully she can come back from this, but I'm not sure, especially since she talked about retiring after AO.

Not the way I wanted to see Vika in SF, but win it all bb :cheer:

Sasja
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
This is really sad. Injured again :bigcry:

Dinara :hug:

King Halep
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Hope shes alright but who the heck really knows

Temper1
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Dinara :sad:

Sharapovian
:tears:

Dinara :hug:

Miracle Worker
She's tall, looks skinny, and have strange technique to hit the ball. During serves her back works too much, when she hits the ball too... She should change the way how she serves...

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
She should just retire. She's not doing her back any favours by playing and she has embarrassing results too. Just retire.

KBlade
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
This is incredibly dangerous for Dinara's career. How many times can she suffer the same debilitating injury? I was rather enjoying watching her blaze her way back from anonymity. :sad: Unfortunately, considering the way she contemplated retirement after the Australian Open, I really wouldn't be surprised if she retired. Maybe she could come back in a couple of years :shrug: :help:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Really sad about this :sad:

Everytime she looks to be getting back some form she hits another setback. It's hard to imagine her getting back to the player she once was.

Agree. For about a year, Grand Slam finals aside, Dinara really was the best player in the world. And a healthy Dinara would still be very capable of returning to the top 10, at least.

But that no longer looks likely. Some injuries never really go away. And it is sadly looking like this back injury is something Dinara might not be able to shake. And if this is indeed the case, I can't see how she is going to be able to continue her career much longer. Very very unfortunate.

BlueTrees
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
:sobbing:

The 2nd Law
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
OMG :( Dinara, please stay healthy.

I hope she makes the best decision for her health, you odn't want to fuck with back injuries :(

Curcubeu
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Come on people! Don't argue! :sad:

By the way, I'm also no "friend" of Safina!

Ashi
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Please no. :sobbing: :sobbing:

madmax
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Dina is a very tall girl with some questionable posture and it doesn't surprise me one bit that she has major back issues. Just take a look at Sharapova - she's 6'2", yet her posture is always straight as an arrow and no crouching is involved. Back is a very sensitive part of the body and it can be damaged beyond repair if not treating it right.

goldenlox
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
The back injury happened in 2009, and she's never been the same.
I dont know how much more pain she can deal with.
And with the clay season just starting, very unfortunate.

Reptilia
Fuck! :sad:

Smitten
The first female #1 never to win a slam comes from this era.

redsonja
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
But that no longer looks likely. Some injuries never really go away. And it is sadly looking like this back injury is something Dinara might not be able to shake. And if this is indeed the case, I can't see how she is going to be able to continue her career much longer. Very very unfortunate.
Ever since she tried to come back last year in Stuttgart, I knew her future career-- what there was left of it-- would be very rocky. I had a very similar injury to this when I was a teenager, and it demands serious, lengthy rehabilitation. She shouldn't have played the rest of the 2009 season when she was originally told her back was in danger in August 09. And she definitely shouldn't have played any of the 2010 season after she broke it at AO. I understand that she wants to play, but she has to recognize that this particular injury is not something you can rush a recovery from. And the longer she insists on trying to hurry back to the tour, the less likely success in tennis becomes for her. Seriously, she's been trying to pretend she can rehab this injury in 2-3 months for over a year and a half now. She needs a serious reality check about how grave her situation really is.

QuietPlease
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Dinara:hug:

homogenius
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM
If Dinara wants a chance to play (competitive) tennis again she should get in top shape first.I watched her this week and she's still carrying way too much unecessary weight and her body is not as toned as it could be.Given the state of her back, she's taking too much risks playing while not being in optimal shape imo.

RenaSlam.
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Expected.

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
If Dinara wants a chance to play (competitive) tennis again she should get in top shape first.I watched her this week and she's still carrying way too much unecessary weight and her body is not as toned as it could be.Given the state of her back, she's taking too much risks playing while not being in optimal shape imo.

Tough to get in shape, when you cannot train properly. Except for the little belly there isnīt too much weight for a pro athlete either. I have been pessimistic from very early on and Iīm really sad to see that I was probably right. Her back can feel right for a few weeks or months with some rest and some rehab, but it can give out on her any moment. It might be the sort of back injury you can live a normal life with without pain, using physiotherapy and other treatments, but not the kind to play a pro sports with. I assume she would have to have a risky surgery (if possible) to fix whatever is wrong and then 12-15 months of rehab before even thinking about picking up a racquet again. She would have to ask herself whether that is worth it. She is set for life, and would at least be 26 years old at the time of a possible comeback.

osseous
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Not again! :sad:

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:14 PM
..and all these pathetic writers like Wertheim should apologize to Dinara right about now, writting about mental brekadowns and all sorts of shit. I donīt know when Serena Williams made her comments about the true #1, but if it was after Dinara got injured she should apologize as well. Maybe she has grown up a bit after the bad sh*t she went through the last 12 months.

Olórin
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
.. I donīt know when Serena Williams made her comments about the true #1, but if it was after Dinara got injured she should apologize as well. Maybe she has grown up a bit after the bad sh*t she went through the last 12 months.

Perhaps when Safina was #1, which was strangely enough before she got injured. Serena has no business in a thread to do with Safina's injury woes, you desperate fool.

and all these pathetic writers like Wertheim should apologize to Dinara right about now, writting about mental brekadowns and all sorts of shit.
Not that Weirthem isn't a pathetic writer, but what precisely is wrong with pointing out when a player is mentally fragile? Safina had plenty of meltdowns before this injury. You are not making much sense.

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
So apparently Serena said it in May 2009, so before Dinara was injured.

I donīt expect these dumb internet writers to have the balls to step forward, because they went on and on about Safinaīs mental breakdown from being #1 and her double faults till now.

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Perhaps when Safina was #1, which was strangely enough before she got injured. Serena has no business in a thread to do with Safina's injury woes, you desperate fool.

Not that Weirthem isn't a pathetic writer, but what precisely is wrong with pointing out when a player is mentally fragile? Safina had plenty of meltdowns before this injury. You are not making much sense.

Donīt act stupid. These writers claimed the pressure of being world #1 got to Safina and for that reason she suddenly started losing to players like Kai-Chen Chang and Shuai Zhang. It was not a slow process of some lost finals to top 5, top 10 or top 20 players. No from one day to the other she suddenly starts struggling/losing to players ranked way outside the top 100. Even after the YEC against Jankovic and the re-injury at the Australian Open this never stopped.

miffedmax
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Poor Dins. :sad:

Libertango
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Poor Dinara. :sad:

For her healths sake, I don't know if playing tennis is what is best for her.

Regardless, I hope she's OK soon.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Sanowa :speakles: :sobbing: :crying2:
She is so unlucky :awww:

pedropt
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Oh Dinara :sad:

This is so sad. Everytime it seems Dinara is slowly getting to place where she belongs, something happens :awww:

John.
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Poor Dinara :sad: Such a shame :hug:

Temperenka
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Oh no! :sad:

I have a bad feeling that Dinara may have just played her last professional match.

If so, I wish her all the best. If not, I wish her a speedy recovery.

claypova
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
:unsure::sad:

Lucemferre
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
So apparently Serena said it in May 2009, so before Dinara was injured.

I donīt expect these dumb internet writers to have the balls to step forward, because they went on and on about Safinaīs mental breakdown from being #1 and her double faults till now.

Stop making everything about Serena just because you got banned because of her :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM

The Witch-king
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Expected.

:lol:

eck
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Dinara :hysteric:
Just when I thought she might somehow capture back her form :sobbing:

Get well soon :cheer:

Steven.
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
ugh, poor girl. Please fully recover, no matter how long it takes.

Vikapower
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Gosh. Another injury of the same for Dinara... :sad: I was hoping for a good match hopefully for Dinara she'll get better.

jimbo mack
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Expect her to announce retirement soon. Her back just wont let her play to her full ability :-(

Beat
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
really sad to hear.

olivero
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Are you kidding me? Poor Dinara :sad: this is so unfair

ReboundAce
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:55 PM
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Not Again Not!!!!!

I just wish her all the best i cannot imagine how she feels right now, but good for Vika as of yesterday's loss of sam stosur she gets to carre high n.5,congrats Vika:bounce:

Break My Rapture
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Backfina. :hug: Hope she stills hangs in there and doesn't let her shoulders drop, although it's understandable if she feels depressed about this.
I just wish her all the best i cannot imagine how she feels right now, but good for Vika as of yesterday's loss of sam stosur she gets to carre high n.5,congrats Vika:bounce:
No she doesn't, she needs to win the title in order to do that.

nevetssllim
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Dinara. :hug:

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM
:(

ReboundAce
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Backfina. :hug: Hope she stills hangs in there and doesn't let her shoulders drop, although it's understandable if she feels depressed about this.

No she doesn't, she needs to win the title in order to do that.

but isn't stosur losing a lot of points not defending the title?

Break My Rapture
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Stosur will remain at #5 even with ther lost Charleston points, unless Vika wins the title here then she will rise to a new career high of #5.

Sharapovian
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Not sure how many points Sam lost but...

Sam currently has 4606 points, Vika has 4530 (with her SF win).

Vika could still gain some more points:
F: 4600
W: 4680

So she has to win the tournament to overtake Sam this week.

2moretogo
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
:sad: sad news. Just as she was gaining some momentum.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1298030271/image_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/#!/Dinarik27) @Dinarik27 (http://twitter.com/#!/Dinarik27) Di...27

hello my tweeties...sorry that I had to retired,I felt again my back,and got very scared...just did MRI and CT scan,waiting for the result!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Not sure how many points Sam lost but...

Sam currently has 4606 points, Vika has 4530 (with her SF win).

Vika could still gain some more points:
F: 4600
W: 4680

So she has to win the tournament to overtake Sam this week.

Vika is on 4480 after todays win

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:00 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1298030271/image_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/#!/Dinarik27) @Dinarik27 (http://twitter.com/#!/Dinarik27) Di...27

hello my tweeties...sorry that I had to retired,I felt again my back,and got very scared...just did MRI and CT scan,waiting for the result!

I really hope the MRI and CT scans provide good news for Dinara. :hug:

Sharapovian
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Vika is on 4480 after todays win

I don't know much about points so maybe she won't make it to number 5 this week even if she does win the title? :shrug:

Doully
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Poor Dinara :(
Just can't seem to get a break.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:09 PM

I don't know much about points so maybe she won't make it to number 5 this week even if she does win the title? :shrug:

she will get #5 with title (another 150 pts she can get)

Sergius
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Poor Dinara, can't catch a break
I hope she'll be fine :hug:

M.P
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:18 PM
hope everythings go right for her :scared:

tennisfan5
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:27 PM
that's a real shame. I always thought that somehow her service motion put a lot of strain on her back

saul1333
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Poor Dinara..please get better :sobbing:

pav
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Not good news to wake up to:sad:

gmak
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:30 PM
nooooooo :sad: :tears: :tears: :sad: :(

ever since i saw the retirement i had a bad feeling
i was just hoping it wasn't the back

poor Dinara :sad: :hug: this is looking very bad

hope Vika reaches top5 now

cs0803
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:33 PM
oh no! Poor Dinara! Hope everything is ok!

Ferg
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:42 PM
:scared:

goldenlox
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Dinara might play doubles tomorrow

Dinarik27 (http://twitter.com/Dinarik27)

Right now I feel a better... Did MRI and CT was not too bad...will have a try tomorrow in doubs wanna see how it will go...thank u

Lapaco
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
she just doesn't learn...

LUVMIRZA
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
will she ever recover:scared::sad::hug:

Congrats Vika:D

pedropt
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure if that's the best decision :scared:

hurricanejeanne
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I really wasn't expecting this from Dina. I was hoping for a win for Vika, but not like this.
I'm really worried if Dina will ever be able to play a normal schedule at high level again. I don't think this back problem is ever going to go away.

Patrick345
Apr 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM

Right now I feel a better... Did MRI and CT was not too bad...will have a try tomorrow in doubs wanna see how it will go...thank u

Well some just donīt learn. She should not play another doubles match in her life, whether she is in pain or not. But why should the general brainless on court behaviour of WTA players translate to common sense off court. :sad:

debby
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
She loves the game too much.

:hug: Dina !

Hope Vika will win the title.

doomsday
Apr 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Safina was not going to win anyway.

debby
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM
GOOD, Safina was not going to win anyway.

wanna be banned again? :lol:

donniedarkofan
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Moments like this make you wonder if Dinara will ever recover from this :sad:

You could tell Vika just felt awful for her, like she just wanted to give her a big hug. I know I did.

This is, actually, pretty bad from what I've learned. Her injury is very similiar to Kournikova's, though Anna had 7 or 8 scratches on the lower spine and as far as I know Dinara has only 2.

Kitten63
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Poor, Dinara :sad:

I hope she'll be alright.

TennisFan66
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Sad.

ys
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM

She didn't win Olympics because of doubles. Now she'd risk her career and health for it.. Really, a team player..

Otlichno
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ouch. :bigcry:

Gurl needs to catch a break soon, it just isn't happening for her. :hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Safina :hysteric:.

Get well soon :hug:

aisha
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
That's sad. :sad:

Blu€
Apr 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Dina :hug: this sucks! :tears:

LightWarrior
Apr 8th, 2011, 11:13 PM
"Poor Safina, bla bla bla...My life sucks !" I just hate this politically correct stance about Safina among people when all they do is just trash each other. You're just a bunch of hypocrits.

Sp!ffy
Apr 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM
:oh:

Patrick345
Apr 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
"Poor Safina, bla bla bla...My life sucks !" I just hate this politically correct stance about Safina among people when all they do is just trash each other. You're just a bunch of hypocrits.

Who trashes players that suffer career-threatening injuries? There is a difference between talking shit about players or wishing them bad tongue in cheek and actually gloating or celebrating a real injury. Maybe low life scum that canīt spell hypocrites does that...

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 9th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Congrats to Vika :yeah:

I really hope Dina's injury isn't too serious :hug:

Shadowcat
Apr 9th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Thank you Vika! Amazing as always! :cheer:

DS.Fan.
Apr 9th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I'm so pissed off about she wants to try to play doubles!!!stupid Dina!!!!

C. Drone
Apr 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Safina was not going to win anyway.
fuck you
fuck you
:oh:
fuck you

King Halep
Apr 9th, 2011, 09:04 AM
win the doubs Dinarik i know you can

PolishLunatiq
Apr 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Poor Safina:(