PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Lexy hot news from Charleston!

spiceboy
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/apr/04/040411fcnotes/

Alexandra Stevenson credits her new Donnay racket with her rise in the rankings this year. "They made it just for me ... nobody else is using it," she said about the white and hot pink grommets Xencore racket from Donnay USA that she started using in December.

Stevenson was quite happy to defeat what she calls a "USTA girl" (Coco Vandeweghe) on Sunday. "I really like beating USTA girls, because the USTA doesn't help me at all," the 30-year-old former Wimbledon semifinalist said.

She was also surprised to see USTA coach Tom Gullikson go out on the court to talk with Vandeweghe in a match against another American player.
"I've been around the block," Stevenson said. "So nobody scares me."

ivanban
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:43 PM
CATTY :inlove:

LCS
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:47 PM
This is the kind of talk one could allow if she was 18, come on you're 30 :weirdo:

Papillon.
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:48 PM
:haha: Lexy :hearts:

Hurley
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
OMG :lol:

Pump-it-UP
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I love her deluded ass. :lol::lol:

*JR*
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Yanina Wickmayer has got a customized Donnay as well. So I'm not sure what Lex is talking about.

I don't know what Alex uses, but Nina'a (@ least thru last year) was really a Dunlop like she's used for years, painted ova as a Donnay. FWIW, the same company (British based Sports Direct) owns both brands, but this still means that Nina (@ least was, likely still is) in effect lying for money. :rolleyes: (Not that she's nearly the only player doing that with his or her racquet) Besides, today's actual Donnay racquets bear little resemblance to the ones Bjorn Borg made famous anyway. :shrug:

Patrick345
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Yanina Wickmayer has got a customized Donnay as well. So I'm not sure what Lex is talking about

Yanina: Nah. It still doesn´t feel 100% right. I need a little more weight and balance. So what do you do with this useless racquet?
Donnay: No problem we give this to Stevenson and tell her it´s custom made for her.

sammy01
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:33 PM
This is the kind of talk one could allow if she was 18, come on you're 30 :weirdo:

or if she was relevant lol

Raiden
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Well *JR*, what you say is kinda pretty much the obvious situation across the board.

The "Wilson Federer" racket in your local tennis shop has pretty much nothing to do with the the stick that Roger's holding in his hands, except the paintjob/color scheme. Is he lying for money?

P3
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with stating how you feel. She didn't diss anybody.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Who?

ivanban
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Who?

CAROLINE WOZNIACKI

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Lord.

Epic...both the "they made it just for me" and "I love beating USTA girls"

:haha:

hurricanejeanne
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Still talking trash like it's 1999! :D

Melange
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Dr J or Kiki Vandeweghe??

Tough question :scratch:

new-york
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Can't wait for her exclusive line of deep purple shoelaces to be released. :oh:

OsloErik
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:46 AM

Stevenson was quite happy to defeat what she calls a "USTA girl" (Coco Vandeweghe) on Sunday. "I really like beating USTA girls, because the USTA doesn't help me at all," the 30-year-old former Wimbledon semifinalist said.

SOMEBODY still holds a grudge. At least she can always pretend it's the USTA's fault she never went anywhere after her fluke.

Paneru
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Oh I love it! :haha: :hearts:

RenaSlam.
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:01 AM
But you're still irrelevant?

iPatty
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:01 AM
That Dodo diss. :lol: Give it to her Lexy.

Tripp
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:10 AM
She needs to get back to the top 100 so we can have some drama back in the WTA.

Paneru
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:21 AM

Stevenson realizes people wonder why she keeps playing.

“I lost my career at 23 … but people don’t give up. People don’t understand that my career got stopped because of an injury,” the 6-1, 156-pound San Diego product said. “My goal is the top 100 (this year), then the top 10.”

http://www.thestate.com/2011/04/04/1763515/family-circle-cup-stevenson-refuses.html

Do work Lexy! :rocker:

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:23 AM
"I've been around the block," Stevenson said. "So nobody scares me."

I'm picturing her saying this :lol:

Randy H
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Newsflash Lexy, you're 30 years old :lol: I don't know too many women that age that are still getting much support from their federations...

ptkten
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I really wish she had stayed in the top 50, can you imagine how much more drama there would be on the tour :lol:.

Plus when she was on she actually had an interesting game to watch.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 8th, 2011, 03:57 AM
She just got a wild card into a USTA challenger last month :lol: Not to mention 63 other wildcards (single and doubles) in US tournaments throughout her career, including 3 singles and 5 doubles wild cards to the US Open. How could she possibly say they haven't been helpful?

Kairi
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:06 AM
NOT MY COMMENT...from the site...laughed my ass of at this line though :haha:
Nuttier than a Payday Bar. Stevenson had talent for about five minutes, what with the Wimbledon fluke and one year finishing in the Top 20.

But "the word" on the circuit is that she alienated everyone and the "mother" has always threatened to sue other players, agents, commentators, etc. Stevenson was allegedly never really never too talented and allegedly a rather fat, mopey tomato-can.

She has, apparently, become the Gloria Swanson of bush-league tennis: "I'm ready for my close-up, Mister DeMille!"

Except without an actual track-record.

Stevenson should consider herself lucky if she ever got to suck the sweat from one of Sharapova's towels. I would frankly be surprised if Maria had ever even heard of her ... I highly doubt that an actual exhibition match was considered (outside of Alexandra's dark dark DARK dreams).

"I plan to win Wimbledon this year, but, of course, my real goal is to get some reporter to say that I am the Most Persecuted Woman in the History of All Sport. After that, I fully expect to finish the season as the only undefeated individual in tennis, ever. Yeah. Did I mention that I am a dancer?"

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/04/04/1763515/family-circle-cup-stevenson-refuses.html#ixzz1ItvmVVZv
*dead* @ Tomato can ahaahahah :haha: :haha:

Beat
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Yanina: Nah. It still doesn´t feel 100% right. I need a little more weight and balance. So what do you do with this useless racquet?
Donnay: No problem we give this to Stevenson and tell her it´s custom made for her.

:spit:
this made me laugh. even though it's probably true.

Beat
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/04/04/1763515/family-circle-cup-stevenson-refuses.html#ixzz1ItvmVVZv

“My goal is the top 100 (this year), then the top 10.”

OMG, i can't ... :rolls:

Kworb
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Sexy Lexy :worship:

Just Do It
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I absolutely love that interview, Sexy beating USTA girls :worship:
It looks she is more motivated when she is facing them ?

Smitten
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:09 PM
How did I miss this? :haha: Get those slams Stevenson. They're yours for the taking.

Belmont Lad
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Could this woman be more emotionally stunted and childish? :weirdo: Good Lord! :lol:

SVK
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:28 PM
“My goal is the top 100 (this year), then the top 10.”

OMG, i can't ... :rolls:

I think she even wanted to win a slam year ago...it looks like she lost a bit of her motivation.

SVK
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Who?

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2009/0102/com_090102_otl_DrJDaughter.jpg
You are joking right?

This girl is going to win Wimbledon mixed doubles together with the King of ATP, His Majesty Oscar Hernandez.

cellophane
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Capriati Rules
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
You would think this girl would have grown up by now but apparently not...such a sad person...

TrojanStallion
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Bwaahahhahaha, omg, this is classic Stevenson, would anyone expect any less??

I love how completely deluded she is, and it just makes the WTA that much more entertaining.....well, ok, maybe not the WTA, but ITF challengers mostly..

But, you gotta hand it to her, people need goals right?? She has been hanging around the challengers for sooo long, may as well set an astronomical goal that is completely unreachable. As she is approaching 31, how can she even afford to dabble in the challengers & qualifiers, and for how much longer?? Ahh Lexy, we will miss the crazy

spartanfan
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know what her current ranking is?

SVK
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know what her current ranking is?

265...I guess she will be higher next week though

GAGAlady
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:15 PM
this girl is pure drama. mabe Alexandra, you sould focus a little more on being a PROFFESIONAL and a little less on being a primma donna wannabe ...your results have been terrible for years, your not fit...you have attitude, you cant even get along with players much younger than yourself, maybe its time to realize your issues need to get sorted...bitch please.

Ryan
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Nuttier than a Payday Bar. Stevenson had talent for about five minutes, what with the Wimbledon fluke and one year finishing in the Top 20.

But "the word" on the circuit is that she alienated everyone and the "mother" has always threatened to sue other players, agents, commentators, etc. Stevenson was allegedly never really never too talented and allegedly a rather fat, mopey tomato-can.

She has, apparently, become the Gloria Swanson of bush-league tennis: "I'm ready for my close-up, Mister DeMille!"

Stevenson should consider herself lucky if she ever got to suck the sweat from one of Sharapova's towels. I would frankly be surprised if Maria had ever even heard of her ... I highly doubt that an actual exhibition match was considered (outside of Alexandra's dark dark DARK dreams).

"I plan to win Wimbledon this year, but, of course, my real goal is to get some reporter to say that I am the Most Persecuted Woman in the History of All Sport. After that, I fully expect to finish the season as the only undefeated individual in tennis, ever. Yeah. Did I mention that I am a dancer?"

Best post ever. :sobbing: We need some kind of epic gif to capture it.

Libertango
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I feel a bit sorry for her.

Bismarck.
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Oh my God. :sobbing:

Noctis
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Sammo
Apr 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Agree :lick:

Brooks.
Apr 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
She definitely had some game back in the day. She had a great year in 2002 and of course there was the Wimbledon semi in 99'. But I think she thought she was going to be right up there with Venus & Serena. And she hasn't stopped believing that.

She actually seemed pretty humble, in Charleston. Coco was the one acting like a spoiled little brat, when they played. Complaining about every line call. At one point, Coco's shot clipped the top of the tape, and Stevenson put it away for an easy winner, to which Coco loudly replied, "Wow, that was really lucky." She completely turned me off, so I can see what Alexandra was saying about the "USTA girl" thing.

Elenarulez
Apr 8th, 2011, 11:05 PM
She definitely had some game back in the day. She had a great year in 2002 and of course there was the Wimbledon semi in 99'. But I think she thought she was going to be right up there with Venus & Serena. And she hasn't stopped believing that.

She actually seemed pretty humble, in Charleston. Coco was the one acting like a spoiled little brat, when they played. Complaining about every line call. At one point, Coco's shot clipped the top of the tape, and Stevenson put it away for an easy winner, to which Coco loudly replied, "Wow, that was really lucky." She completely turned me off, so I can see what Alexandra was saying about the "USTA girl" thing.
:worship:

tonybotz
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:18 AM
i'm biased, since i met Alex years ago in nyc - she was AWESOME- she met with fans, signed autographs, took pictures, and was down to earth and cool. i wish her nothing but the best

cellophane
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I'm still dying over this one:

"On Saturday, Jenny Mitchell and the Hurlingham Club asked me to play in an exhibition against Maria Sharapova. ... I agreed to play. Sharapova sent a message through her agent: "Not for a million dollars will I play Alexandra Stevenson." I'm glad I still strike fear in a top player.""

AUSBOY
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:30 AM
In fairness to Alex she has had a horror run of injuries since 2003.

She had a shoulder reconstruction, which does take years to get over, then ankle problems which has caused her weight to balloon/lack of fitness. It appears she is finally over most of her health problems, I hope she can have a solid year as time is running out! She still has an awesome serve

Drake1980
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:34 AM

"On Saturday, Jenny Mitchell and the Hurlingham Club asked me to play in an exhibition against Maria Sharapova. ... I agreed to play. Sharapova sent a message through her agent: "Not for a million dollars will I play Alexandra Stevenson." I'm glad I still strike fear in a top player.""

:spit:

spiceboy
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM

What about this one? Nadal dying to see her, to see "history" :haha:

"I remember all my old Wimbledons, and I even remember a young Rafael Nadal as a junior player, staring me down. It was 2002, and junior players are not allowed to practice at Aorangi, the practice site. Well, a young Nadal, who was playing juniors at Wimbledon, walked down to my practice court that year, which was in the back, and he pressed his face against the gate, watching me hit. It was in the day when I worried about who was around my court because of all the press and the father issues, so I asked my mom to go see who was at the gate. She did. She said to the young boy at the gate, "You are Nadal, the player who is supposed to be a great champion one day." I kid you not. She said that. She invited him in. He said, in broken English, "No, no, I watch her. Semifinals at Wimbledon." And he smiled. It seems he wanted to see the girl who had made history.

I thought that was cute back then -- and, looking back on it, it goes along with him and his champion's mentality -- he cared about history and wanted to see it up close. I want to see it up close again, too."

SVK
Apr 9th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Too much :spit:

BartoLiNa
Apr 9th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Wow, there have been a few headcases in the WTA over the years, but she has to be the first one who is genuinely suffering from some form of psychosis. Get some therapy girl.

LCS
Apr 9th, 2011, 02:48 PM

:hysteric:

Sasja
Apr 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM
OMG this thread :rolls:

The girls needs her own reality show :sobbing:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/atlantisrising73/popcorn.gif

Belmont Lad
Apr 9th, 2011, 04:25 PM

:haha::haha::haha:

Priceless gem! Get this woman into lockdown and on a thorazine drip, STAT! :lol:

Sammo
Apr 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
The story with Nadal is just cute :lol:
Perhaps Sharapova was actually afraid of Stevenson defeating her for real :shrug: I mean if she defeats a top player like Sharapova in an exo everybody would laugh at Maria :lol:

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2011, 04:29 PM

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

new-york
Apr 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM