PDA

View Full Version : Marbella R2: (Q) Lara Arruabarena-Vecino d. Sandra Zahlavova 7-5 3-6 6-3

Bennguin1491
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Lara :eek:

Sandra, disgusting. Had 5-1 and 7 SPs in the first before choking and was up 5-0 in the 2nd before finally closing that set out. :help:

New_balls_please
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I was impressed by Lara a lot.
Remember her name :drool:

RR-87
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Lara :yeah: great fighter :hearts:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Zahlavova & Zahlavova Strycova are the same person :haha: 2 big bitches with crazy attitude :lol: 7 SPs in the 1st :rolls: and she really sucks :lol: Roberta :weirdo:

congrats Lara :)

IVI
Lara :bounce:

That Forehand :hearts:

*Jool*
:woohoo: great win , Lara ! great couple of weeks with the QF in 50k Monzon and now the QF of WTA Marbella ! :hearts:

Mistress of Evil
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM
:spit:

onion
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Lara :hearts: Great fight and great mind!

She´s very promising. :bounce:

Hian
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Sandra :facepalm:
Don't know how promising is Lara... she mainly won 10K, and not so good results in 25K... I'll look at her.
Romy Oprandi at her age defeated Zvonareva 60 61... Kimi :bigcry:

Bennguin1491
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Zahlavova & Zahlavova Strycova are the same person :haha: 2 big bitches with crazy attitude :lol: 7 SPs in the 1st :rolls: and she really sucks :lol: Roberta :weirdo:

congrats Lara :)

The commentator on the feed I was watching kept talking about how Zahlavova is ranked #48 :spit:

M.A.S.L.
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Sandra :facepalm:
Don't know how promising is Lara... she mainly won 10K, and not so good results in 25K... I'll look at her.
Romy Oprandi at her age defeated Zvonareva 60 61... Kimi :bigcry:

I remember Roma that year. And romina put presure on Sveta in QF.
What has hapen with her since there?

SVK
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe many people will not agree with me but I actually don´t care:p
This was very entertaining and a good quality match IMO, when you look who was playing and both players surprised me a lot, Sandra really doesn´t deserve to be called the worst TOP 100 player or sth like that just for playing tons of 25k´s per year, because she really has a game and is watchable when she is on. But I´ve honestly never seen a more inconsistent girl, she has more ups and downs in one match then many players in whole seasson:spit: I would like to watch her in fast surfaces because clay isn´t really suited for her, she is agressive and trying to make winners but her game is harmless on clay especially when she is falling apart like many times in this match - in the end of all three sets for example, lovely and classic choke in the first set when wasted 5-1 and 7 SP´s then she trying to make the same in the second but Arruabarrena didn´t let her (she made 3 UE´s in the last game of second set) and the same happened in third when she was literally nuts (It seems like surname Zahlavova is equal to b!tch) and was playing too brainless. I was thinking how this girl is struggling and wasting her time on 25k but then I realized that her head probably stopped her from having a better career

Arruabarrena on the other hand improved a lot since the last time I was watching her (she was just junior) and I think she can make TOP 100 soon. I´ve watch many players outside TOP 200 and I think Lara has something more, just the way she´s hitting seems to be in a good level already, also her game isn´t hopeless, she definitely had more brain today as her more experienced opponent and the potential is there. I´m curious how her career will continue later. But hopefully she will not follow her today´s opponent when she will be making her schedule for next years

This match has everything, exciting points, long rallies, lot of winners, also of course some :weirdo: shots/moments/rallies, but that´s understandable, some boring parts yeah but many exciting parts too, it has a lot of drama, bitchfest from Zahlavova in third...I liked it and was enjoying that, for me definitely the match of the tournament so far, this could be easily a 1st round of 25k (as Zahlavova likes to play there) but the level of this match was very good IMO. The worst thing was the commentator who was acting like he´s watching tennis for the first time.

SVK
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I must wrote it because it was just too much to hold all my thoughts about this match in my head:spit:

Slutiana
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I love it when ITF players break through with good results on the WTA. Great tournament for Lara.

juki
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:06 PM
One of the best things about the start of the European clay season is seeing which youngsters make their breakthrough to the tour level, every year it happens.

Lara played well, I had no idea her forehand was so strong.

Vincey!
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
There's always one spaniard girl having a breakthrough during the clay court season, but usually we never hear from her again :p like Garcia Vidagany last year :p Good win for her again though ;)

MakarovaFan
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM
^^Right,whats up with these random unknown spanish girls making a breakthrough at Marbella by reaching the QF's every year.

jj74
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Well, i think Bea and Lara are not comparable. Lara is a lot younger (she was a junior last year) and she is showing constant progress since she started to play itfs. So i think she will be able to do the final leap and become a top 100 player soon

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Well, i think Bea and Lara are not comparable. Lara is a lot younger (she was a junior last year) and she is showing constant progress since she started to play itfs. So i think she will be able to do the final leap and become a top 100 player soon

Totally agree. With all due respect to Garcia Vidagany who had a couple of very good wins last year, one simply can't compare her to someone like Arruabarena-Vecino who is very clearly a genuine prospect and someone who has the potential to be a very successful player in the coming years.

ivanban
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Sandra :rolleyes: Thank you for ruining my betting ticket :fiery:

iGOAT
Apr 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Good job Lara :woohoo: I hope she can keep up her huge result, unlike Beatriz after her good showing last year.

Sandra :shrug: I was not impressed with her against Ágnes at the Open.

propi
Apr 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
People often forget that Bea got injured right soon after Marbella and couldn't play for a bunch of months :( I really hope she to do well this year in RG qualies :cheer:
Congrats Lara :cheer: now have fun vs. Sveta :cheer:

SUPER
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Zahlacrazy played some good tennis, but Lara really surprised me.
Interesting, pretty interesting...

Vaxey
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Lara :yeah:
I talked with her yesterday and she said, that she's going to play RG qualies and her dream is playing in RG main draw :) Keep going!

edificio
Apr 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Lara made a great comeback, but Zahlavova was laughable in her inability to hold a lead. She should have won this match 6-2, 6-2. So, it was entertaining, but only because I couldn't quite believe what was happening. Still, I think Lara is a good prospect for Spain, but I also thought that about CSN. Injuries sure do suck.