PDA

View Full Version : Pironkova defeated only six TOP 100 players after Wimbledon

Vaxey
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM
That's a little pathetic, that she's still seed in a lot of tournaments :tape: In second part of 2010 she defeated only Voracova (97), Morita (98) and Pervak (100) between Top100 players. In 2011 she defeated Makarova (41), Hlavackova (94), and Lepchenko (78). After Wimbly she will be about 90th place, if she wouldn't win any match. :help:

Curcubeu
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Voracova, Hlavackova and Lepchenko are Top 100? :oh:

Makarova! :smash:

klever58
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
leave Tsveti alone :sobbing:

petkoan
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:32 PM
So what?

Paneru
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Just keep her away from my Venus, period! :p

Curcubeu
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM
So what?

Showing how overranked she is... :oh:

Tsvetana :hug:

Patrick345
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
That many. :tape:

Btw if you wanted to sh*t on her you should have used one player in the top 75.

Mynarco
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Beating Voracova is a feat :sobbing: oh boy

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM
If we lived in the Middle Ages I guess TF's Inquisition wouldn't have mercy on her.:tears:

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
That many. :tape:

Btw if you wanted to sh*t on her you should have used one player in the top 75.

1 in the top 77, 2 in the top 93 :lol:

Patrick345
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
If we leaved in the Middle Ages I guess TF's Inquisition wouldn't have mercy on her.:tears:

I know. People are always so negative. I like to look on the bright side. In 2010 Pironkova went deeper into a Slam than the world #1. :worship:

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I know. People are always so negative. I like to look on the bright side. In 2010 Pironkova went deeper into a Slam than the world #1. :worship:
:lol: I hope you meant equally deep?

Landon92
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
So what?

Patrick345
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
:lol: I hope you meant equally deep?

Pironkova went into the 3rd set of a semi-final. :p

Libertango
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
She's still hot.

Curcubeu
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
and that's most important! :worship:

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Pironkova went into the 3rd set of a semi-final. :p
Haha I like your way of thinking.:yeah: But you do realise that in the sport of ours the score matters only in RR system which Slams certainly aren't based on.;)

danieln1
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Again, how Venus could lose to this, IN WIMBLEDON for christ sake?????

Venus :crazy:

Hian
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:54 PM
How many players have a Semifinal in Wimbledon?
She will be more remembered than Makarova, for example.

Freakan
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM
And Rezai, who's ranked even higher, only 5 since Palermo.

BlueTrees
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:11 PM
At Wimbledon, she beat Venus and Bartoli in straight sets and took a set off Zvonareva in the semifinal. She also beat Dementieva last year also.

Plus, in the past she beat Venus at Australian Open, Ivanovic in Rome just before she won Roland Garros, Zvonareva in Moscow.

She's taken sets off Serena, Henin, Wozniacki, Jankovic (twice), etc.

So no she doesn't suck.

Curcubeu
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
The problem is that many people know that she can play some world class tennis: :drool:

vJbsE2AKgpc&feature=related

Unfortunately only one or twice a season... :shrug:

Vaxey
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM
"So what"? She's 36. in ranking, but she can't win a match against to good TOP 100 player since July (she defeated Makarova at least). She's higher than a lot of much better players, who weren't in Wimbly SF, but play better tennis and win against to better players. One tournament gives her good ranking and seed during other tournaments for full year. :o

Mistress of Evil
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM
poor Fluke :awww: gonna get back to normal after Wimby :hug:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:29 PM
People complain when players only win a couple of "big" matches a year, and people complain when players win those matches all the time.

You can't win on TF...unless you retire.

BepaMaria
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Well everybody knows that her Wimbledon semifinal last year was just a fluke:shrug:. Before that performance she was always ranked around the hundreds, which is where she should rightfully be if not for her fluke Wimbledon semi. This goes to show that she is a hot and cold player who only plays her best for 2 weeks a year and is shit for the other 50 weeks.

After Wimbledon order will be restored, however you can still expect her to beat Venus and play her best when facing the other top players. She is capable of causing them some problems.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM
such big names :lol:

Landon92
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:02 PM
"So what"? She's 36. in ranking, but she can't win a match against to good TOP 100 player since July (she defeated Makarova at least). She's higher than a lot of much better players, who weren't in Wimbly SF, but play better tennis and win against to better players. One tournament gives her good ranking and seed during other tournaments for full year.

Still,so what?

How many players have a Semifinal in Wimbledon?
She will be more remembered than Makarova, for example.

This. 100% agree.

She could even lose all matches to the end of her career, but she was in GS Semis. No one can takes off it from her.

Vaxey
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:07 PM
So what with her semi final, if she can't win against to any good player after this? I mean about her ranking, she's really too high.

Ellery
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
So what with her semi final, if she can't win against to any good player after this? I mean about her ranking, she's really too high.

Yes, her results after Wimbledon have been horrible. However, reaching the Wimbledon SF IS huge, and yes, I think that alone (more or less) should put her in top 40 :shrug:

Matt01
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
She still beat Venus twice in a Slam, which is awesome :D

No, she's exactly where she belongs :wavey:

Marionated
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Doesn't change that she played exceptionally well at Wimbledon.

tennis-insomniac
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:17 PM
It's ashamed she didn't start climbing up a ranking since last year SF. She must be one of the hardest worker on tour, and her story is quite inspiring. I for once didn't think she took this ranking for granted, I still think she have learned from this experience and will soon have more big wins for her fans to celebrate.

She deserves her ranking, she works hard for it, she grabs her chance and got her prize. Now what will she be investing those hard-earned price, it is her choice. It may seem wasteful but it doesn't mean she did not deserve it. Like Alex Stevenson's 2002 ranking and all those disappointing grand slam runs after '99 Wimbledon SF.

Hian
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Doesn't change that she played exceptionally well at Wimbledon.

This.
Tsveti, the real Tsveti, will be back one day.

The Witch-king
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I can't even bring myself to hate on this flop

The Witch-king
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
This.
Tsveti, the real Tsveti, will be back one day.

:lol:

Hian
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
:lol:

Make a semifinal at the most important tournament, then you could say something.

Paneru
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
She still beat Venus twice in a Slam, which is awesome :D

Wait a sec. Matty is complimenting Venus by complimenting Tsveti on beating her? ;)

BartoLiNa
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
They must have been playing really badly to lose to that mess.

pav
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
It is very strange how she is capable of high level play,but keeps it in her back pocket 90% of the time!

BartoLiNa
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Accepte the loss, slut.

Everyone has moved on from Wimbledon hun. Well, apart from Pironkova apparently :lol:

Poor girl.

lewis_davies
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I followed Pironkova a bit before her Wimbledon run and was gobsmacked when she reached the semis. Unfortunately I knew that form wouldn't last. Shame, I like her.

GreenGrass
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Unlike Rezai Tsvetana is a very good player with a nice game, I dont know what's wrong with her :sad: :hug:

jrm
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM
I knew she was bad, but stinking like this :lol:

starin
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM
she's playing at her normal level. She's only good against flop venus and a random spate of good play against a top player when she has nothing to lose. Other than that she's a 50-150 type player.

eDonkey
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
she's playing at her normal level. She's only good against flop venus and a random spate of good play against a top player when she has nothing to lose. Other than that she's a 50-150 type player.

Jarka, Alisa and Katya could not beat flop Venus, and a whole bunch of WTA girls later in the US Open or at European clay and Middle-East hard, but Pironkova was lucky to do so.:o
Pity she could not continue her miracle-Wimbledon form.She fully deserved it there and then.Hope there's something big still waiting for her and she could finally took advantage of it.
Ironically, the current champion of the 5th Slam (not Marbella this time, it's the Miami one) hasn't still reached a GS semi.

rimon
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Pironkova isn't all that good. She's simply a terrible match up for Venus. A lot of players had/have bogey players, Pironkova is Venus's.

Navratil
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Tsvetana Pironkova barely won a match since her Wimbledon semi-final:

2010:

2nd round PALERMO

2nd round ISTANBUL

1st round COPENHAGEN

1st round NEW HAVEN

2nd round US OPEN

2nd round TOKYO

1st round BEIJING

2nd round MOSCOW

--> she lost to players way out of the Top 100 like Mandy Minella, ranked # 185 at that time, at the US-Open
--> the highest ranked player she beat after beating Venus Williams in Wimbledon was # 97 Renata Voracova
--> so it was not that she had a bad draw every tournament since Wimbledon :lol:

--> it got even worse 2011:

1st round HOBART

2nd round AUSTRALIAN OPEN

1st round PARIS

2nd round DUBAI

2nd round (but 1st match after a bye) INDIAN WELLS

QF ITF NASSAU

1st round MIAMI

2nd round MARBELLA

--> she even couldn't get some matches on ITF level
--> her biggest success by far came in Dubai where she beat # 41 Makarowa and won a set against Kuznetsova
--> that win was her only win against a top 100 player
--> she's 3:7 on WTA-tour
--> she didn't win back-to-back matches on WTA-level since Wimbledon!
--> still good enough to reach a career-high of # 31 and ended 2010 at # 35 :D

Navratil
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Looking at her Grand Slam statistic since her debut in Melbourne 2006:

21 Grand-Slams played and she never got beyond the 2nd round - appart from Wimbledon 2010 :D

thegreendestiny
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Tell that to Venus Williams. :haha:

BlueTrees
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks. We've only had about 20 threads about this recently.

Pops Maellard
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM
She also took a set from Zvonareva in Wimbledon semi. :hysteric:

Curcubeu
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM
It's Pironkova bashing time! :smash:

shoparound
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:23 AM
It's ok... Mel get's more laughs and taunts at her losses than Pironkovas...

tea
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:24 AM
What did Piro recently do to TF to cause this flow of bashing threads?:lol:

Six Feet Under
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM
She may be, but she played fucking amazing at wimbledon, cannot discredit that in the slightest.

Miracle Worker
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Who cares? You should give these statistics to Venus Williams. Maybe she will be able to force some people in Wimbledon to change final results in Wimbledon 2010.... Cause the statistics are so awful...

Mistress of Evil
Apr 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Poor Fluke :awww: Leave her alone. We should pity her, not bash and hate cuz after Wimby poor girl is so gonna be back to her usual place in the rankings. :)

Linguae^
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks God that Crybaby recovered her game after being a set down in that Wimbly semifinals, I wonder what would've happened if she had reached the lousy finals. :sobbing:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Poor thing's ranking after Wimbledon...

Hian
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM

A fan of Namigata said :spit:

KBlade
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Pironkova's Semi-final result a Wimbledon was simply a great combination of a good draw, unforseen form and a couple of opponents having off days. I personally think that result will be the highlight of her career. People saying that Pironkova is capable of a higher level are clearly deluding themselves. This girl has done nothing noticeable between her 2006 Australian Open Result and her 2010 Wimbledon run. If she truly was top 30, or top 40 potential, she might have at least snagged one title through that 4-5 year period.

Let's face it, when you look at it, Pironkova really just lacks in most departments. Her first service is average at best, and her second service becomes slow, heavily sliced and predictable. Her ground strokes are hitchy and that hack of a slice forehand is absolutely awful. She is just simply not top 40 material, and apart from her Wimbledon Semi, the majority of her results are basically a barrage of first and second round loses. So yes, she is over ranked, tremendously.

RenaSlam.
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Can't wait for Wimbledon. Bye Bye.

rimon
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I don't understand why people seem to be surprised by this. Pironkova isn't all that good, she just happens to be a terrible match-up for Venus. A lot of top players have journey woman bogey players.

Sean.
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Part of me really wants Pironkova to repeat her run at Wimbledon again this year just to piss people off. :lol:

Sean.
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Part of me really wants Pironkova to repeat her run at Wimbledon again this year just to piss people off. :lol:

sammy01
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
i do love some people have convinced themselves that pironkova was playing some sort of great tennis to make the semis last year :lol:

she junk balled and chopped her way to the semis, helped by her 2 big wins bartoli and venus being 2 of the most one dimensional players on the wta ever, who just simpley collapsed at getting no pace on the grass and ugly chopped forehands thrown at them.

Hian
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Leave her alone. She's just a talented girl who hardly succesfully finds her way into WTA.
Get a life.
Tsve :hug:

RenaSlam.
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Fluke :)

SVK
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
She is just waiting for the grass seasson to make another Wimbledon semi

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM
She IS good when she is on, but she's just way too streaky.

BartoLiNa
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM

Don't get your hopes up.... :tape:

Sean.
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Don't get your hopes up.... :tape:

Oh trust me I won't! :haha:

VishaalMaria
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Oh Venus!

Smitten
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:45 PM

She can if she draws Venus again. :bigclap:

BlueTrees
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
i do love some people have convinced themselves that pironkova was playing some sort of great tennis to make the semis last year :lol:

she junk balled and chopped her way to the semis, helped by her 2 big wins bartoli and venus being 2 of the most one dimensional players on the wta ever, who just simpley collapsed at getting no pace on the grass and ugly chopped forehands thrown at them.

Well let's see when a woman from Great Britain can reach a Wimbledon semifinal again. :wavey:

simonsaystennis
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yet people hate on Melanie more who has actually made quarterfinals after her Grand Slam success... don't understand it at all...

sammy01
Apr 7th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Well let's see when a woman from Great Britain can reach a Wimbledon semifinal again. :wavey:

what on earth does that have to do with anything? i only like 2 british players and that is because i'm friends with them lol

Viktymise
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I hope she beats Venus again in a slam. Just to piss the usual tards off.

BlueTrees
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
what on earth does that have to do with anything? i only like 2 british players and that is because i'm friends with them lol

My point is I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if a British player reached the Wimbledon semifinal out of nowhere and attacking them. :wavey:

Roookie
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yet people hate on Melanie more who has actually made quarterfinals after her Grand Slam success... don't understand it at all...

Only the WS fans hate Melanie...and we all know why :shrug:

sammy01
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM
My point is I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if a British player reached the Wimbledon semifinal out of nowhere and attacking them. :wavey:

well maybe you shouldn't make points, because if bally made the wimbledon semi with her horrible game and then went back into being a journey woman, i wouldn't be happy and i would be complaining. i don't support players depending on what country they are from. :wavey:

Sombrerero loco
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM
pironkova is not a top 50 player definately...

tennis-insomniac
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:10 PM

I know, I feel for her fans really, people here tends to hate her personality more than her tennis, which is absolutely unfair. I think she is a perfectly nice girl who is trying really hard to pursue her dream, she is young and is still finding herself. The familiar issue goes to Wickmayer. And the ugliest thing is as the person who they dislike falls, they will soon jump all over him/her, it is beyond my understanding.

Viktymise
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM
well maybe you shouldn't make points, because if bally made the wimbledon semi with her horrible game and then went back into being a journey woman, i wouldn't be happy and i would be complaining. i don't support players depending on what country they are from. :wavey:

Well 'Bally' is a garbage player who wishes she was even half as good as Pironkova.

There'd be more of a chance of 'Bally' becoming the new Queen of England than reaching a Wimbledon SF

The Dawntreader
Apr 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Oh Sammy.... you do trip over yourself sometimes:lol:

The Witch-king
Apr 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM

What? :lol:

claypova
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:24 PM
i think someone is still bitter from Wimbledon 2010 ... :facepalm:

AkademiQ
Apr 8th, 2011, 02:02 AM

You've taken being a Justine fan too seriously. Lying and fabricating shit shouldn't be something you're so good at. Stop being a bitter bitch.

Temperenka
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
It's a shame what has happened to Pironkova since Wimbledon. What is her clay court schedule? I hope she plays one of the smaller event and finds some confidence.

shoparound
Apr 8th, 2011, 05:51 AM
It is a shame that William Sisters fans hate Mel. When obvious that Kim's the one that's been stealing their spotlight. :lol:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Again, how Venus could lose to this, IN WIMBLEDON for christ sake?????

Venus :crazy:

Yeah, another loss to Pironkova at a slam, or ANYWHERE, EVER, and I might have to reconsider being a fan. Truly abysmal.

rimon
Apr 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, another loss to Pironkova at a slam, or ANYWHERE, EVER, and I might have to reconsider being a fan. Truly abysmal.

If/when they do meet again, I would fully expect Pironkova to win. She is a terrible match up for Venus.

BlueTrees
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Serena Pironkova peaks for the Slams. Especially Wimbledon. :oh:

The Kaz
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:23 PM

:oh: I see you won't be a Venus fan by Monday night.

SVK
Jun 24th, 2011, 03:24 PM
She is just waiting for the grass seasson to make another Wimbledon semi

Oh, just 2 more...:oh:

theFutureisNow
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:04 PM
We'll see if Pironkova can pull off the ultimate fluke hat trick.

Generally speaking Pironkova is a terrible player. She has only made it past the second round of a slam once in her career.

Yet she has a chance to beat Venus 3 times in a slam-something few players have ever done.

kaetchen
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM
We'll see if Pironkova can pull off the ultimate fluke hat trick.

Generally speaking Pironkova is a terrible player. She has only made it past the second round of a slam once in her career.

Yet she has a chance to beat Venus 3 times in a slam-something few players have ever done.

twice, now :p

Miracle Worker
Jun 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM
And today she defeated one player from TOP3 :spit:

Markobojo
Jun 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Her next top 100 player is on next Wimbledon! :)

eDonkey
Jun 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Her next top 100 player is on next Wimbledon! :)

Baby Anci still dreams of her Baby Anci Slam?:hearts:

BlueTrees
Jun 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Takes out Venus again. :p

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 27th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Venus is so generous towards her.:haha:

tennis-insomniac
Jun 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Not happy , she beat Vee again :o but boy I'm glad she is making people here eat their words.

I'd hope for her to stay consistent, nonetheless her game is really really good on grass.