PDA

View Full Version : Charleston R2 McHale DESTROYED Kleybanova 6-1 6-0

Noctis
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:45 PM
:help:

Sharapovian
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Wow :eek: Something wrong with Kleybanova?

Good for McHale for backing up her last win.

tonybotz
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
American Clay GOAT :worship::worship::eek::eek::bounce::bounce:

Lisickinator
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
:eek: WTF

saul1333
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Hmmm :confused: what happened here

klever58
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
only 53 mins.. is Kleybs injured or what?

Srodgers
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Christina :eek: Amazing win! :hearts:
Why does there just have to something wrong with Klebys? Perhaps someone actually played well :rolleyes:

Ryusuke Tenma
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

What a great player Kleybanova is :haha: :haha:

champion88
Whoa crazy result!

Even more annoyed Watson couldn't close out McHale yesterday :(

*Jool*
wow amazing win by X
Alisa :confused:

Sharapovian
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Christina :eek: Amazing win! :hearts:
Why does there just have to something wrong with Klebys? Perhaps someone actually played well :rolleyes:

Not saying she didn't, probably did play well.

Just the score is so one sided.

Shinjiro
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
MCH :eek: aka the Dexterous Russian Killer :worship:

Protoss
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Even for a streaky player like Kleybanova this is bad.

cellophane
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
What the fuck?

QuietPlease
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
:eek:

It took almost 3 hours to defeat Heather yesterday, but less than an hour to destroy the world #26 today!

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Holy crap. However this happened, good win Christina!! :lol: Keep going!! :rocker2:

Kleybs? :unsure:

simonsaystennis
Christina :worship: :bounce: You go girl! Keep on winning!

dynamoRockstarr
Kleybs :sad:

Mynarco
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Too fat?

Maza1987
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
well, at least heather can cheer up a bit now.
mchale is cleary playing well.

Dominika23
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
get it together alisa and fast great job Mchale keep up

volta
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:10 PM
WTF happened this time :o :help: SHIT, why do i have to be a fan of all these headcases WHY :banghead:

gratz McHale :sobbing:

NyCPsU
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Wow. :eek:

Christina :bigclap:

Corswandt
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I'll wait to see if there's any word about injuries, illness, the Killer Whale's granny dying, her cat getting run over etc.

The Killer Whale's season was clearly headed to Sucksville even before this, but this loss is a new low regardless.

Setsuna.
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Must be something wrong.:help:

LadyBugLove
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Is this the same McHale that lost to Caroline Garcia in a $25k ITF last week? WTF!

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Poor Hantuchova. She's next in killer McHale's path of destruction

égalité
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM
uh, what?

wildemu
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Too fat?

When in doubt, always this.

Belmont Lad
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:23 PM
What the what?!!!!! :confused::confused: Kelybs :help::shrug:

Setsuna.
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Poor Hantuchova. She's next in killer McHale's path of destruction

hahaha. Very funny.:rolleyes:

18majors
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Hantuchova next and Jankovic in the quarters!

#kArLoS#
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:31 PM
This was Kleybanova´s first match ever on green clay,which may be the explanation.But 1&0?To McHale?Seems something is very wrong :awww:

shoparound
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Xtina McHale strikes again! Good job!

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Alisa :tape: :facepalm: :o

Brena
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Eh? :unsure:

MB.
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM
First Rezai's loss now this.

I have no words.

iPatty
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Fuck yeah. Emphatic win for Christina. :worship:

Defends her points from last year...seems to be starting to come into her own. Maybe finally breaking the Top100 gave her the confidence boost she needed. Looking forward to seeing what she can do for the rest of the season. If she improves her backhand and gets more match tough, she has the weapons to be a Top50 player.

claypova
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:54 PM
oh my god :help:

Patrick345
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:11 PM
This was Kleybanova´s first match ever on green clay,which may be the explanation.But 1&0?To McHale?Seems something is very wrong :awww:

..and if the clay was pink. The scoreline is really bad.

DownInAHole
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

What a great player Kleybanova is :haha: :haha:

Kleybanova looked very good several weeks ago at Indian Wells when she took the first set from Wozniacki (6-2). In that set Caroline was only able to win four points on Alisa's serve. It's hard to believe that she was beaten so soundly by McHale.

Capriati Rules
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Much Better McHale :yeah:...Kleybs is the epitome of a cow on ice and McHale's game fits perfect on Clay though this was even easier than I expected! :)

LoLex
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
What's wrong, Alisa? :o

Vikapower
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM
ROFL !! Alisa !!! :help:

RenaSlam.
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Fight, McHale.

Beny
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Wow this forum has reached the bottom..as low as ever. Just because goldenlox thinks McHale is not a good player, everyone now thinks the same because he (i know it may be she..whatever) is the 'expert' :rolleyes:

You should see her play first and then you can come up with ''Oh, whats wrong with Kleybanova. She must have had injured all her body''

McHale is talented and will soon be the best American apart from WS. She sure has more potential than Mattek

DownInAHole
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Wow this forum has reached the bottom..as low as ever. Just because goldenlox thinks McHale is not a good player, everyone now thinks the same because he (i know it may be she..whatever) is the 'expert' :rolleyes:

You should see her play first and then you can come up with ''Oh, whats wrong with Kleybanova. She must have had injured all her body''

McHale is talented and will soon be the best American apart from WS. She sure has more potential than Mattek

This would be a shocking scoreline for any player to beat Alisa by, it's not surprising that we are wondering how it happened. As I pointed out in my previous post several weeks ago Alisa won a set over Wozniacki giving up just four points to Caroline on her serve. Whatever McHale's talents may be this is a puzzling result.

Freakan
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:51 PM

Exactly. She's underrated because she's not a ballbasher like Coco, so people assume she doesn't have potential to be good. Well, look who's on the top of WTA rankings.

Capriati Rules
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM
This would be a shocking scoreline for any player to beat Alisa by, it's not surprising that we are wondering how it happened. As I pointed out in my previous post several weeks ago Alisa won a set over Wozniacki giving up just four points to Caroline on her serve. Whatever McHale's talents may be this is a puzzling result.

Umm not really...its pretty easy to understand...when Kleybanova is on she has enough power on a hard court to hit through her opponents and overcompensate for her lack of movement...especially against opponents like Wozniacki who don't return said power...see her matches against Jankovic as another example...especially on a fast hard court like Indian Wells is before she gets tired while on clay she can't hit through the court and has to move and exude patience...she probably didn't have patience therefore producing tons of errors and McHale moves well on clay can use kleyanova's power against her and lately has been cracking shots when she needs too

danieln1
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Next American hope?

DownInAHole
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Umm not really...its pretty easy to understand...when Kleybanova is on she has enough power on a hard court to hit through her opponents and overcompensate for her lack of movement...especially against opponents like Wozniacki who don't return said power...see her matches against Jankovic as another example...especially on a fast hard court like Indian Wells is before she gets tired while on clay she can't hit through the court and has to move and exude patience...she probably didn't have patience therefore producing tons of errors and McHale moves well on clay can use kleyanova's power against her and lately has been cracking shots when she needs too

Maybe, but is Alisa really that bad on clay? I still think that it is fairly shocking for her to have won just a single game against a player that is barely within the top hundred.

iPatty
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM

No words can express...

Singleniacki
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:17 AM
:unsure:
Alisa :hug:

iGOAT
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM
As a McHale fan, something must be wrong with Alisa :cuckoo:.

Nevertheless, nice job Christina :worship: keep it up against Dani!

volta
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:46 AM

yeah that's totally it, we were all waiting for goldenlox to say what she thinks. Nvm the posts that were made BEFORE she said something no, we were all sending her pms asking her what was her take on this issue so that we could all agree

good stuff

Capriati Rules
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:19 AM
yeah that's totally it, we were all waiting for goldenlox to say what she thinks. Nvm the posts that were made BEFORE she said something no, we were all sending her pms asking her what was her take on this issue so that we could all agree

good stuff

I think the poster was referring to how he's been bashing McHale for awhile and everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon...see thread regarding her win over Watson yesterday for example...not just today :rolleyes:

shoparound
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I think the poster was referring to how he's been bashing McHale for awhile and everyone has been jumping on the bandwagon...see thread regarding her win over Watson yesterday for example...not just today :rolleyes:

Yeah that poster has been bashing on McHale for a while... must be a parent of one of the kids she beat :lol:

Brooks.
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I was at that match. No injury. McHale played extremely well. Kleybs looked "like a cow on ice." Her movement was absolutely horrible. But Christina was just so great. She served very, very well. Her first serve is quite powerful. She has a formidable forehand, and a decent backhand.

It's too bad that so much of the crowd left after Oudin lost (she was horrid), because this a young American with true potential. She could be top 50 by the end the year! And she's already the youngest player in the top 100. She made Kleybanova look so ordinary today. She just moved her all over the court. Kleybs had no answers.

njnetswill
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I was at that match. No injury. McHale played extremely well. Kleybs looked "like a cow on ice." Her movement was absolutely horrible. But Christina was just so great. She served very, very well. Her first serve is quite powerful. She has a formidable forehand, and a decent backhand.

It's too bad that so much of the crowd left after Oudin lost (she was horrid), because this a young American with true potential. She could be top 50 by the end the year! And she's already the youngest player in the top 100. She made Kleybanova look so ordinary today. She just moved her all over the court. Kleybs had no answers.

Thanks for the report. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info :yeah:

edificio
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I was at that match. No injury. McHale played extremely well. Kleybs looked "like a cow on ice." Her movement was absolutely horrible. But Christina was just so great. She served very, very well. Her first serve is quite powerful. She has a formidable forehand, and a decent backhand....

Thanks for the report! :yeah:

Scoreline really did surprise me, but Alisa on clay I wouldn't expect to be great--however, I figured she could beat McHale. Really nice to see McHale developing her game, though. Fans are so fickle, and Christina has not received great American hope treatment yet. ;)

SELVEN
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Alisa:help:

Mistress of Evil
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Kelybanova :spit: :o :help:
Congratz to McHale :yeah: always nice to have such a beatdown :drool:

Inger67
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Wow amazing win for McHale. I wouldn't doubt something may have been wrong with Alisa, but still, this is a great win.

PLP
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Is this the same McHale that lost to Caroline Garcia in a $25k ITF last week? WTF!

Garcia is a very talented player as well, very close match. Hardly a terrible loss.

I had a feeling Christina was coming through this, but the score does surprise me.
Amazing win Christina!!

shoparound
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Like I mentioned before, Xtina does pretty decent against higher ranked players but somehow struggles with lower ranked players.

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Wow. Great. McHale.:worship:

Kleybanova... bwahahaha!!! If this is not a definition of being overrated then what is.:lol:

Bonfire
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I told you;) McHale could be a sigh of relief for American tennis:worship:

Beat
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM
i hope i can soon see one of McHale's matches on TV, i've never seen her play.

nevetssllim
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Ugh Alisa. :help: I'm starting to lose faith.

Mikey.
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hilare result. :lol:

Tuckii
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Christina :banana:

Graf~Dokic
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:42 AM
only 53 mins.. is Kleybs injured or what?

Why do people always ask if the player is unjured when the match favorite loses? :lol: McHale was just better. :shrug:

Renalicious
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM
ALISA :haha: :haha: :haha:

McHale :eek: Next American Goat!?

LightsOut!
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
OMG :eek: :worship:
Alisa :help:

Hian
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Alisa and her famous consistency.

lemonwilly
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Christina :yeah:

Jajaloo
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Must be something wrong.:help:

Brain injury :eek:

DownInAHole
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM

How was Alisa's serve? Obviously Christina did not have any trouble with her return game but was she that good or was Alisa off?

Ellery
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Alisa :help:

Congrats Christina :)

Sombrerero loco
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
no words kleybanova :lol:

tanman
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I saw the match, Mchale only had to put two balls in the court to win points. I dont see how you can judge how good someone is playing when the opponent is that bad. Also mchale is the next great american hope is to funny. I hope we are not that desperate yet.

young_gunner913
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM

I saw the match, Mchale only had to put two balls in the court to win points. I dont see how you can judge how good someone is playing when the opponent is that bad. Also mchale is the next great american hope is to funny. I hope we are not that desperate yet.

Conflicting reports. :lol:

Temperenka
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Wow! Well done, Christina! :D

Could this be her breakthrough tournament?

gmak
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:34 PM
wtf Alisa? seriously? :o :help: :rolleyes:
what a joke

hurricanejeanne
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sweet Baby Jesus, Alisa. :banghead:

Raiden
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Too fat?Is the pope Catholic?

Actually there's nothing shocking here. The athletic one of the two players won. Most matches against such contrasting players should have in fact ended this way if WTA tennis was where it should have been.

And precisely Kleybanova is the embodiment of that malaise in women's tennis. Alisa is the quintessential pigova.

LCS
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
2011 RG champion. Step