PDA

View Full Version : Nadia and her colorful outfits

cosmoose
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:33 PM
http://achangeofends.com/2011/04/nadia-petrova-those-are-not-my-choices/

"Change of Ends" interviews Nadia Petrova about her tennis outfits.

Q. Recently you’ve made some pretty bold fashion choices on court. How much input…

A. Oh my god. That has nothing to do with me. Those are not my choices.

Q. That’s what I was wondering, how much input do you have in your outfits?

A. This is what Ellesse sends me.

Q. So you don’t say, ‘this is what I want,’ you don’t meet with them? They just send them to you?

A. I don’t have a say. Um, I did actually provide them with some of my sketches because I know what really flatters my physique, my figure.

Q. Do you think they’ll take them into account?

A. Well they haven’t done it yet…and actually this is my last year with them. So I don’t see why they would compromise. They do what they think are selling in Japan and they are just sending it to me.

Mynarco
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:35 PM
I quite like Nadia's outfit(The purple one)

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I thought it seemed like someone was playing a mean trick on her. :sobbing:

iGOAT
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Poor girl :sad::hug: she knows she looks crazy but she does it to get a sponsorship. I guess it's good for her though :yeah: and it probably helps her by distracting her opponents now and then :angel:.

If it's the last year, I hope she finds a new sponsor next year. It seems like it's becoming harder lately...

SVK
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:38 PM
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/b_08312010_Don__Petrova_059.jpg

This one was epic..I want to see it again

Just Do It
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Why in Japan ?

Mary Cherry.
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:49 PM
At first I thought she was just trying too hard but now I just feel sorry for her :lol:

*Jool*
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
ceci explique cela :lol:

Sharapovian
Apr 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Poor Nadia :hug:

Hopefully she finds a new sponsor after her contract expires.

wildemu
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Q. Recently you’ve made some pretty bold fashion choices on court. How much input…

A. Oh my god. That has nothing to do with me. Those are not my choices.

I laughed so hard picturing that omg from her.

juki
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Why in Japan ?

It's the Japanese "branch" of Ellesse that sells/designs the clothes. I believe they are pretty much independent of the original Italian company, they just pay to use the name :lol:

Nadia was such a bizarre choice for Ellesse, since the designs are meant to be for younger Japanese girls, who obviously have smaller bodies. I don't even think they use Nadia for promotion in Japan, the Sema sisters do most of the advertising, and probably have the most input in designs.

cellophane
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Good to know Nadia isn't wearing this stuff by choice :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Ditch them, Nadia. Eleven(?) needs you.:hearts: :p

Ryan
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:24 AM
:worship: EPIC - I can't believe we haven't heard this from Nads before. Hope she goes with Reebok or K-Swiss.

Lin Lin
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:29 AM
:lol:

edificio
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Bring back the awning!

Actually, a couple have looked decent on Nadia (all white, for example), but some are just too frilly and fussy for her. However, I hope she does not go the route of boring Fila/Yonex/etc.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Poor Naugthya :hug:
Evil Ellesse :sobbing:

At first I thought she was just trying too hard but now I just feel sorry for her :lol:

+1. :awww:

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:07 AM
:spit: Amazing how it reveals only now.

Why would anyone in Japan choose Petrova to represent their fashion trends.:tape: I mean, Petrova, Japan... something not clicking.

Henpova
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Poor girl....but that what she get for going with a company in Japan....they like crazy shit...

rockstar
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM
:spit: Amazing how it reveals only now.

Why would anyone in Japan choose Petrova to represent their fashion trends.:tape: I mean, Petrova, Japan... something not clicking.

so amazing! it's like a hot girl being forced to wear slutty clothes to sell. only this time it's nadia and crazy clothes :oh:

ico4498
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:13 PM
fair to guess no way in hell she re-signs with them?

MaBaker
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:19 PM
That's cruel.

Sammo
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Imagine Nadia in Venus's slutty Australian Open outfit :tape:

Break My Rapture
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Naughtya. :hug: Go straight to FILA after this.

TheHangover
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Imagine Nadia in Venus's slutty Australian Open outfit :tape:

well venus was enough, the yellow one was :help:

Ellery
Apr 6th, 2011, 06:47 PM
omg Nadia :drool:

stangtennis
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
It's the Japanese "branch" of Ellesse that sells/designs the clothes. I believe they are pretty much independent of the original Italian company, they just pay to use the name :lol:
The original Italian company is 90% UK owned now anyway by Pentland Group who also owns clothing brands such as Lacoste, Berghaus and Speedo.
Says at Wikipedia that the company currently licenses the Ellesse brand to partners in countries around the world, who manufacture and distribute Ellesse products in their territory. So maybe the licensees not only do their own manufacturing, but also their own designs like is seems the Japanese licensee does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellesse
Purchase by Pentland Group

In 1994 UK brand management company Pentland Group purchased a ninety per cent share of Ellesse for £20 million. Pentland had been Ellesse's UK distributor since 1981. Servadio retained a 10 per cent share.

Pentland Group also owns other well-known sportswear brands such as Lacoste, Berghaus, and Speedo. It currently licenses the Ellesse brand to partners in countries around the world, who manufacture and distribute Ellesse products in their territory.

Ellesse celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009 with a party in Rome in July 2009