PDA

View Full Version : Lara ARRUABARRENA (ESP, WC, Q) scores 1st WTA MD victory in MARBELLA, def Niculescu

Alvarillo
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Last year RG Doubles Jr. Finalist keeps her impressive run and enters Top-220 :)

Vamos LARA!

*Jool*
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
:woohoo: great win ! congrats Lara ! :cheer:
RG qualies here she comes :)

Hian
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Monica :tape:

Curcubeu
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Terrible loss from Moni! She was nearly unable to hold serve... :shrug:

Ellery
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Lara :eek:

Foot's Fingers
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
wow :eek:

Lachrymarum
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Wish they didn't have to draw one another in the first round :sad:
But, still, nice win for Lara :)

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM
As a Monica Niculescu fan I am disappointed but Lara is good, very good, and I am not surprised by this result at all. Looking at her progress up the rankings over the last few months I have a feeling this girl is going to have an excellent future, especially on the clay.

As for Monica, well it was her 1st clay match of the year, she was up against a player who has been winning loads of matches on clay in the last six months, albeit at a much lower level, and had qualified with good wins over Daniilidou and Bratchikova. To Monica's credit she kept fighting till the end but she was always chasing and she never caught up. Monica has plenty of time to work on her clay game over the next couple of weeks before her next singles match and I'm pretty confident she will be fine.

Well done to Lara, and it will be intriguing to see her progress this year. I'm looking forward to seeing her play.

MBM
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Jeez how don't I recognise her name!? What could possibly have been happening during last year's RG for me to have overlooked this girl...?

Oh that's right! =P

MBM
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Oh and congrats Miss Croft :P

spiceboy
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe one of the stats-freaks will help, Lara has won 11 $10K tournaments before even turning 19. Is that a record?

And it's not like she won those in random places, but all of them in Spain, where draws are tough. In fact, of these 11 tournament wins, Lara was seeded #1 or #2 in just one of them.

MBM
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe one of the stats-freaks will help, Lara has won 11 $10K tournaments before even turning 19. Is that a record?

And it's not like she won those in random places, but all of them in Spain, where draws are tough. In fact, of these 11 tournament wins, Lara was seeded #1 or #2 in just one of them.

WOW nice bit of trivia! Maybe I'll look Miss Tomb Raider up some more...

onion
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
:bounce:

Lara is very promising :hearts:

good luck in 2R!

Vaxey
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Lara :yeah: Great win for her! Hopefulyl she'll play in RG qualies.
But Monica :tape: What's happening with her and Edina?

Nicolas
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Larita :cheer:

she looks like a mix of Lourdita (Dominguez-Lino) and Carlita (Suarez-Navarro) face-wise :D

MBM
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Larita :cheer:

she looks like a mix of Lourdita (Dominguez-Lino) and Carlita (Suarez-Navarro) face-wise :D

oh christ... FSO #2

SUPER
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
oh christ... FSO #2

Lol:lol:
Congrats Lara, better performances week by week, very promising:D

TS
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Score in thread title please?

juki
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Lara :yeah: Hopefully we can get to watch her play now :)

Protoss
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Score in thread title please?
Yah, match results should have the scores in thread titles.

It was 7-5 6-4.