PDA

View Full Version : Kim out for 4 weeks

Svennovitch
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Shoulder and wrist.
No Fed Cup and no Madrid for Kim. She will return in Rome.

Hagar
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Damn!
But it explains why things were not going well in Indian Wells and Miami. Which is kind of a relief coz it did not make sense that she had all of a sudden lost her magic. I hope that for what rests of her career, she only plays the tournaments she wants to play, never mind fines of the WTA.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It's sad that she's injured but this it's not like it wasn't expected...
I mean, it really does start to look as if it's a joke to her for me now too.

I hope she's fit soon.

Sharapovian
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Doesn't surprise me.

Get well soon to her then.

Hian
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM

pedropt
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
:bigcry:

Get well Kim :hug:

Lapaco
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
:tape:
i bet she won't play rg either.

<Sven>
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Get better soon! Hopefully you'll be able to get enough clay practice under your belt for RG!

Svetlana)))
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
:yawn:

njnetswill
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Kim not showing up for the clay SURPRISE

It's really hard to believe that this is the same player who became a slamless number one, playing week in and week out in singles AND doubles.

Smitten
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Not surprising. It's the clay season and Kim is not about the dirt.

fouc
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
is she playing Brussels?

Daniel K
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Expected. Doubt she'll play any clay events for the rest of her career.

MBM
Apr 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
is she playing Brussels?

I believe she was only down for Rome and Madrid

I think someone would have said something here (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=432053) if she was playing there

Lenny_DH
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Some people have it all wrong in this thread. The Fed Cup tie is played on hard, so if it was a clay excuse she wouldn't have withdrawn from the Fed Cup. This means she is taking no risks, because she really wants to play RG this year.

BlueTrees
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I jinxed her with my April Fools Day thread here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=431853

:oh:

meigui1990
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Some people have it all wrong in this thread. The Fed Cup tie is played on hard, so if it was a clay excuse she wouldn't have withdrawn from the Fed Cup. This means she is taking no risks, because she really wants to play RG this year.

You are utterly right.

From her official website (http://sport.be.msn.com/kimclijsters/eng/nieuws/?Article_ID=505855):

Shoulder and wrist forcing Kim Clijsters to a 4 week rest Kim Clijsters has to pull out of the Fed Cup semifinals on April 16 and 17 in Charleroi and the tournament in Madrid. Examination of the painful right shoulder and wrist, which were already bothering her in America, pointed out that both joints are clearly overstrained.

The medical staff advises 4 to 6 weeks of relative rest and intensive functional physiotherapy.

"I think this is a great pity," said Clijsters, who was quite upset. "The Fed Cup is something I was really looking forward to. But I felt that something was out of the ordinary: There were too many minor ailments, one after the other, which did not seem to disappear. Something like that gets into your head."

"I don't want to force anything, because I want to prevent it from becoming chronic by any means. I really want to be there at this year's Roland Garros," Clijsters continues. "Now there is no other option than to rest and I certainly can't use a tennis racket for the first few weeks. We will continue with lots of physiotherapy and exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles."

As a result, Clijsters has to withdraw from the Fed Cup and the tournament in Madrid. If the rehabilitation is prosperous, Kim hopes to be in top form for the tournament in Rome (on May 9, two weeks before the start of Roland Garros).

meigui1990
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:14 PM
It seems that she's even questionable for Rome if the rehabilitation doesn't go well.

tonybotz
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
another excuse to not have to play fed cup... kim the selfish liar rears her snake filled head once again

BlueTrees
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Kimrena Clijstiams. :oh:

Rollo
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM

Spot on post. Roland Garros would give her a third consecutive slam and she's never won a non-hard court slam. Paris is clearly priority 1.

Hashim.
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
:sad: Just be ready for RG Kim.:hug:

Dominika23
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I hate to say it but i don't think it a big chance now that kim win RG

This is ya chance Wozniacki,Zvonareva,Azarenka,Ivanovic,Cibulkova, Jankovic even Safina to win ya a major

Because I dont see Schiavone or Stosur even making to final this year the way they playing

BlueTrees
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:37 PM

This is ya chance Wozniacki,Zvonareva,Azarenka,Ivanovic,Cibulkova,ev en Safina to win ya a major
Really? :unsure:

hdfb
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Kim taking her stand against the idea of mandatory tournaments.

tonybotz
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM

yea god forbid the women actually support the tour that gives them millions of dollars and fame. Ingrate Nation

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Strange that she would pull out of a mandatory so early.
But then, she's already out of Beijing

thrust
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM

EXACTLY! She seems to regularly become injured, just before the clay season. Whatever, she has earned the rite to play when she feels like it, especially if she has some sort of injury. For someone with all her money, I do not buy the excuse that she plays injured because she will be fined if she doesn't.

Paldias
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Kim only wants to play the GSs, this isn't a surprise. As long as she restoresnorder at RGi Im happy... having to listen to all the trolls and fans of whoever does well this clay season about how they're destined to be Grand Slam champion is going to be too much

azinna
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
....It's really hard to believe that this is the same player who became a slamless number one, playing week in and week out in singles AND doubles.

Certain young players should take note.

Wish more would. Healing has to come first if you want to last in this sport.

I'm with others who feel Kim still plans on prepping well for RG. We'll see, but taking time off to get everything in order is very smart, given the field that'll likely arrive in Paris this year.

Belmont Lad
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Get well soon Kim. :hug:

Lapaco
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
it's not 4 weeks, it is up to 6 by the time Roma comes. pretty much the same spiel as last year, so i expect the same thing to happen now too.

TS
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM

This is ya chance Wozniacki,Zvonareva,Azarenka,Ivanovic,Cibulkova, Jankovic even Safina to win ya a major

Because I dont see Schiavone or Stosur even making to final this year the way they playing

:spit:

No one has ever won a major as their first actual tournament victory. I doubt Domi, of all people, is going to change that.

As for Kim, expected. She will probably withdraw from RG and then turn up and win Wimbledon.

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I havent seen early FO odds, but I would guess Kim is the favorite now.
She should have beaten Capriati.

madmax
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM
who cares, it's not like Fiona is winning that dirt slam anyway:yawn:
I bet she already can't wait till the start of another american hardcourt season

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:16 PM
It looks like she's lazy now. :lol:

Jorn
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Kim and Caro both at 6.00 for winner at RG.

Njalle
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Wozniacki is the favourite at 6, while Clijsters yield 7. Then comes Sam, Vika, Kuzzy and Franny in that order.

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I want to see Caro play a few red clay tournaments before I bet her as the favorite.
Jelena, Ana, even Dinara, might be in form by late may

edificio
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Her wrist, too? Probably a good thing for her this rest.

Uranus
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
another excuse to not have to play fed cup... kim the selfish liar rears her snake filled head once again
You are disgusting. Kim has always showed up for her country when she was able to do so. Fed Cup has more value to her, than non slam tournaments.
It's not like some fave of yours who will only play enough ties to get into the 2012 Olympics.

Corswandt
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:33 PM

The only odds I've seen so far give Wozniacki as the favourite.

Lachy
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Just win RG Kim. Pweeeeeessse :sobbing:

BlueTrees
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I want Kim to complete the Grand Slam before she retires. :drool:

TuxedoSlam
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Couldn't help but laugh when I heard the news.

Get well soon Kim and win RG :p

Macomere
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
:spit:

No one has ever won a major as their first actual tournament victory. I doubt Domi, of all people, is going to change that.

As for Kim, expected. She will probably withdraw from RG and then turn up and win Wimbledon.

Win WAAAAAAAAAAT? :haha:

olivero
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Madrid tournament sucks anyway. I really hope she plays Rome and RG.

Capriati Rules
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:58 PM
yea god forbid the women actually support the tour that gives them millions of dollars and fame. Ingrate Nation

Really...a Williams Sister's fan is going there?

Hagar
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:59 PM

What you're saying does not make sense. Kim has said again and again that she does not want to miss RG this year. If she takes a break now it is to make sure these injuries are healed so that she can start in Paris.

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM
More dubious behavior.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:17 PM
well, rest up Kimberly :hug: then show up playing 60 % in Paris and the title is yours :drool:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM

That's just to make the 'injury' look more convincing :oh:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wozniacki's hold on #1 becomes stronger and the points gap will increase.

gmak
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Kim :hug:
i have a feeling she really wants to do well at RG this year :)

haters gonna hate anyway :shrug: who cares?

Lucemferre
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Shocking:eek::o
Another year end no1 for Caro:lol:

ViceUltramontain
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM
That's just to make the 'injury' look more convincing :oh:

The part when she retired in Indian Wells and hit more than ten doublefaults by match during three weeks was convincing enough.

Betty
Apr 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
:tape:
i bet she won't play rg either.When Kim does'nt play the fed-cup. She is realy, realy injury!!!!

StephenUK
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:19 PM
The part when she retired in Indian Wells and hit more than ten doublefaults by match during three weeks was convincing enough.

Exactly - some stupid comments on here. Kim was clearly injured at both events. She really shouldn't have played Miami, but she wanted to defend her points. She would be a complete fool to play Fed Cup and Madrid and risk her chances at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, given that this year is probably the best chance she will ever have to win at those slams, given the injury/health problems of the Williams sisters (Wimbledon) and the lack of a dominant clay court player at the moment (Roland Garros).

VishaalMaria
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
To be honest, she shouldnt have played Miami.

doomsday
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Without any GS final under her belt :worship:

tea
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
No one knows whether Caro wouldn't spot #1 (year-end and current) if Kim played all the events. And if Serena were healthy, and if another complementary blah-blah-blah, that is made up by hatas to diminish Caroline's success, took place.

If she ends 2011 as #1 it will be only thank to her own achievements and no one else's faults.

danieln1
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Watch her don´t play Rome and go straight to Paris just like Davenport used to do! :haha:

Great way to skip whole clay season, where´s the April fools day thread?

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Without any GS final under her belt :worship:
Can you see into the future or something? What makes you think she won't get a slam this year? There are still 3 to be played :wavey:
Caroline has a very good chance of winning more than one this year, as she is the best player currently.
It is very idiotic to suggest that, after only 1 slam this year, where she reached the semi-finals and lost to fluke Na Li, that Wozniacki will end the year with zero.
And even if she does end the year as #1 without any slams, it's because she is too consistent and good for everyone else, including part-timer Clijsters :wavey:

doomsday
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Can you see into the future or something? What makes you think she won't get a slam this year? There are still 3 to be played :wavey:
Caroline has a very good chance of winning more than one this year, as she is the best player currently.
It is very idiotic to suggest that, after only 1 slam this year, where she reached the semi-finals and lost to fluke Na Li, that Wozniacki will end the year with zero.
And even if she does end the year as #1 without any slams, it's because she is too consistent and good for everyone else, including part-timer Clijsters :wavey:

Na Li owns your precious Pushniacki though, I'm not sure you want Caroline to meet her in the future majors, do you?

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Na Li owns your precious Pushniacki though, I'm not sure you want Caroline to meet her in the future majors, do you?Li doesnt own Caro anymore than Caro owns Sharapova.
Yeah, Caro should've won on match point, but she's 20 Li is 29
Anyway, Li hasnt won a match in months.

Roookie
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Rest well Kim...and come back strong to complete the Kim Slam :hearts:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Na Li owns your precious Pushniacki though, I'm not sure you want Caroline to meet her in the future majors, do you?
I am sure jealous of Na Li and her 5 match losing streak :lol: If they met again, no doubt that Wozniacki would win. Just look at Li, she has a few fluke streaks every now and then to keep her ranking high. Too bad Caroline had to meet her on one of those streaks. Anyway, who's #1 and winning all the matches and titles? Hahaha, Na Who?

madmax
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Li doesnt own Caro anymore than Caro owns Sharapova.
Yeah, Caro should've won on match point, but she's 20 Li is 29
Anyway, Li hasnt won a match in months.

Your precious Caro doesn't own anyone - it's more like other girls are too generous gifting matches to her with their brainless play. On that rare occasion when some mediocre player like Petkovic decides to play tactically smart match and feed that atrocious forehand, Pushniacki is a toast. She is a shame to women's tennis and worst Nr.1 in history - can't wait for your excuses when she gets smoked once again on clay.:wavey:

tea
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Your precious Caro doesn't own anyone - it's more like other girls are too generous gifting matches to her with their brainless play. On that rare occasion when some mediocre player like Petkovic decides to play tactically smart match and feed that atrocious forehand, Pushniacki is a toast. She is a shame to women's tennis and worst Nr.1 in history - can't wait for your excuses when she gets smoked once again on clay.:wavey:
Concretize once again. Once again as Masha? With that big and strong again. Or once again like she used to? Once again winning couple of titles and then getting smoked? I like Wozniacki's once agains to be honest.

alfonsojose
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Watch her don´t play Rome and go straight to Paris just like Davenport used to do! :haha:

Great way to skip whole clay season, where´s the April fools day thread?

Lindsay played Strasbourg a few times :p Kim probably wil play Brussels before :lol:

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
The chances of her getting smoked on clay are probably even slimmer than on hardcourts. The chances of her getting outplayed tactically (with variety and net play, see Schiavone RG last year) on the other hand might be thicker.

Anyway, how did this turn into another topic revolving around The Never Woz?

goldenlox
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Your precious Caro doesn't own anyone - it's more like other girls are too generous gifting matches to her with their brainless play. On that rare occasion when some mediocre player like Petkovic decides to play tactically smart match and feed that atrocious forehand, Pushniacki is a toast. She is a shame to women's tennis and worst Nr.1 in history - can't wait for your excuses when she gets smoked once again on clay.:wavey:Petkovic easily beat Sharapova at the AO. When she plays well, she's okay.

J4m3ka
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Bombshell!

jk.

pav
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:29 PM
When Kim does'nt play the fed-cup. She is realy, realy injury!!!!
Kim was quite good at giving fedcup a big miss in the past, one famous one when she was more interested at jumping up and down and clapping for Eearlyton spewitt playing davis cup, I remember starting a thread about it:)

Linguae^
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Why picking on Kim for clay?!
She is a two-times finalist in Paris, for heaven's sake!!

terjw
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Damn. She really wanted to play Fed Cup. Much more than Miami and IW. Belgium really did have a chance of winning it all. But now I really can't see any way Belgium of getting through their SF tie without both Kim and Yanina.

Rest up and get better Kim.

!VamosRafa!
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM
The usual...she always skips the clay season:rolleyes:

pav
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:38 PM
No one knows whether Caro wouldn't spot #1 (year-end and current) if Kim played all the events. And if Serena were healthy, and if another complementary blah-blah-blah, that is made up by hatas to diminish Caroline's success, took place.

If she ends 2011 as #1 it will be only thank to her own achievements and no one else's faults.
Once again I have to agree with your last sentence,as long as you apply the same judgement to the rest of the top ten.

tea
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Once again I have to agree with your last sentence,as long as you apply the same judgement to the rest of the top ten.
Absolutely. You will never see a single Caro fan who denied Kim's or (who it was before?:scratch:) rightful leadership on the tour. If Zvonareva ends year as #1 I will have nothing to do but to accept it.

Sam.
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Damn. She really wanted to play Fed Cup. Much more than Miami and IW. Belgium really did have a chance of winning it all. But now I really can't see any way Belgium of getting through their SF tie without both Kim and Yanina.

Rest up and get better Kim.

:confused:

Dominika23
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Really? :unsure:

i mean come now sernea gone, venus cant play on clay, kim injury, Kuznetsova playing like shit so is Li, Na and Schiavone, and Stosur and i highly doubt they make the final again i be real shock if they do. Sharapova cant play on clay she said her self she cow on skates. so yes they top female that i think will make to the finals

Wozniacki,Zvonareva,Azarenka,Ivanovic,Cibulkova, Jankovic even Safina

why Wozniacki been playing very consistent already made too 3 finals and won two of them beside the lost in Miami she doing great and well in the slam. even through clay not her best surface she still someone that can make to the final.

Zvonareva not playing like herself in 2010 but still in all she doing well already won a title and she play good on clay, and she also has been making deep run in the GS only people that been stopping her has been KIM and Serena and with Serena gone and Kim Injury she got a good chance too win here.

Azarenka Found some form in Miami and she herself not that bad on clay in 09 she made to QF in RG beside losing the 1st in 10 but she was inury really, but I can see Azarenka making a lot noise here @ RG she gotta huge Chance, she show she can beat kim and Zvonareva.

Ivanovic You can't forget about a former Champ even through she lost badly to Kim in Miami :o:o:o:o she showed she still can play and Clay is her main surface so I think she make a great run here.

Cibulkova I add Cibulkova because Cibulkova been playing great latley I highly doubt her win but i do think she make a good run here hell she went to SF in 09. But really hell if Schiavone won it anybody can @ RG so yeah Cibulkova I think you gotta chance.

Jankovic. Jankovic really shock the hell outta me how great she played on clay last year and I think we going see same this year i hoping a least. she not playing bad tennis so far. and I know she wanna take that extra step to finals.

Safina showing old sign of her self little by little and right now she playing on best surface that suit her game the most so yeah she can make a great run and really with kim inury and no Serena she can do alot

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 5th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Get well asap Kimmy :hug:

Sp!ffy
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Congratulations Wozniacki...looks like you'll be #1 forever.

Noctis
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:41 AM
She doesn't care :shrug:

Sp!ffy
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM

I would bet my life that Caro isn't going to win a GS in her entire career....let alone this year. :happy:

goldenlox
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I would bet my life that Caro isn't going to win a GS in her entire career....let alone this year. :happy:That's quite a bet there. :p

Sp!ffy
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:56 AM
That's quite a bet there. :p

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the field exposes her one dimensional game. :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:19 AM
No one's exposed anything yet, except that she is now the betting favorite almost every match she plays, and every tournament she plays

Daniel
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Get well soon Kim :smooch:

rimon
Apr 6th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Wozniacki is the favourite at 6, while Clijsters yield 7. Then comes Sam, Vika, Kuzzy and Franny in that order.

What a joke. How can Wozniacki be the fave, and Vika be above Fran? :rolleyes:

Njalle
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM
What a joke. How can Wozniacki be the fave, and Vika be above Fran? :rolleyes:

Well one explanation could be that only a few money are currently at stake at Bet Fair.

Another explanation could be that they actually try and be objective in their assessment of winning probabilities and don't bias themselves by personal preferences.

The odds have shifted since yesterday and now you only get 5.1 for a Wozniacki victory and 7.6 for Clijsters to take the trophy.

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
The fact, that Wozniacki is being the favourite to win a tournament of the type she hasn't won yet on the surface she hasn't been successful at, speaks a lot about her current dominance.:eek:

Jorn
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Odds for Sam, Fran and VeraZ should be at about 7.60 also, I don't see Caro as a big fave here at RG...

Matt01
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
It's only a matter of time before the rest of the field exposes her one dimensional game. :lol:

A Sharapova fan talking about one dimensional game :happy:

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
She just doesn't like red clay. That's fine, Serena isn't a huge fan of grass and has three Wimbledon titles. Sometimes it's a mental block on which surface suits the players game vs. whay they're good on. Kim skipping something she has issues with isn't all that shocking.

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
To join in the Woz conversation, Roland Garros is probably not her tournament. Players that think tactically and may be a lower seed (like a Pennetta/Petkovic/Schiavone last year) could reall trouble her. I even see Jelena taking a strategy similar to her successful Indian Wells win over Woz with a deep looping shot to the forehand to set up a swing volley or a shorter reply from Caroline.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
I would bet my life that Caro isn't going to win a GS in her entire career....let alone this year. :happy:
You would lose that bet :)

The ignorance in each and everyone of your Wozniacki posts is astounding btw :weirdo:
As Matt01 has pointed out, you can't talk about one dimensional games :wavey:

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
To join in the Woz conversation, Roland Garros is probably not her tournament. Players that think tactically and may be a lower seed (like a Pennetta/Petkovic/Schiavone last year) could reall trouble her. I even see Jelena taking a strategy similar to her successful Indian Wells win over Woz with a deep looping shot to the forehand to set up a swing volley or a shorter reply from Caroline.
Your recipe is so simple that may work only on PS3, not in real life.

You say that coming on court tactically prepared is something so extraordinary that that fact alone will bring a player a win over Woz, but you seem to be forgetting that Caro herself is the best tactician on tour.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
It is no way that simple...

Looping balls to her forehand isn't going to work everytime.
She'll change her game to stop you from getting the advantage.
You need a very large consistent power game to beat Wozniacki, and even then, you have to outplay and last long against her, something not many players can do.

Potato
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Caroline's game does not translate well to clay, I don't see how she is the favorite for this tournament.

stangtennis
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Shoulder and wrist.
Clay seasonitis syndrome :lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Caroline's game does not translate well to clay, I don't see how she is the favorite for this tournament.
The fact that she is so dominant and consistent makes her the favourite, regardless of the tournament or surface.
She's not bad on the surface, so the fact that she is playing amazing lately and is extremely consistent will allow her to play great on the surface, even if it's her worst.

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Your recipe is so simple that may work only on PS3, not in real life.

You say that coming on court tactically prepared is something so extraordinary that that fact alone will bring a player a win over Woz, but you seem to be forgetting that Caro herself is the best tactician on tour.

It is no way that simple...

Looping balls to her forehand isn't going to work everytime.
She'll change her game to stop you from getting the advantage.
You need a very large consistent power game to beat Wozniacki, and even then, you have to outplay and last long against her, something not many players can do.

1. For all those tactics, where are her Slams then? Hingis had 5 slams to prove that her tactics were great.

2. Petkovic gave her no pacers to her forehand and she shanked them left, right, center, and into the net. On Wozniacki's best surface, arguably.

3. Li Na...Caroline tried to change her game, Li changed hers a bit, beat her two years in a row in Australia. Petkovic changed her game as well, beat Caroline. Jelena gave her random shit, beat Caroline. They don't always play that way, mind you. They all like to attack off the groundstrokes and more or less hit through an opponent, which you can't do against Caroline.

4. If you draw her out wide with angles, she's not going to be anywhere near as effective. Angle, and then a deep ball into the corner should set up a the point very well against her. Look at what Schiavone did to her in Paris.

5. A ballbasher who catches fire can beat her: Kvitova being the prime example.

6. Vera beat her at the USO by playing to her forehand and was aggressive on top of it.

LightWarrior
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM
She just doesn't like red clay. That's fine, Serena isn't a huge fan of grass and has three Wimbledon titles. Sometimes it's a mental block on which surface suits the players game vs. whay they're good on. Kim skipping something she has issues with isn't all that shocking.

Wow you're out of your mind. When did that happen ? :rolleyes: Grass is propbably her favourite surface. Oh and btw she has 4 Wimbledon titles. Surely would have won a few more had Venus not stood in her way.

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Wow you're out of your mind. When did that happen ? :rolleyes: Grass is propbably her favourite surface. Oh and btw she has 4 Wimbledon titles. Surely would have won a few more had Venus not stood in her way.

I remember her saying that grass wasn't exactly her favorite at one point in her career. She may have warmed up to the idea of playing on grass; last time I heard Serena talk specifically about grass, she said that she wasn't a huge fan.

And yes, I forgot a Wimbledon title. OOPS!

EDIT: ITF website says her favorite surface is hard courts: http://www.itftennis.com/womens/players/player.asp?player=20007765

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM
1. For all those tactics, where are her Slams then? Hingis had 5 slams to prove that her tactics were great.

2. Petkovic gave her no pacers to her forehand and she shanked them left, right, center, and into the net. On Wozniacki's best surface, arguably.

3. Li Na...Caroline tried to change her game, Li changed hers a bit, beat her two years in a row in Australia. Petkovic changed her game as well, beat Caroline. Jelena gave her random shit, beat Caroline. They don't always play that way, mind you. They all like to attack off the groundstrokes and more or less hit through an opponent, which you can't do against Caroline.

4. If you draw her out wide with angles, she's not going to be anywhere near as effective. Angle, and then a deep ball into the corner should set up a the point very well against her. Look at what Schiavone did to her in Paris.

6. Vera beat her at the USO by playing to her forehand and was aggressive on top of it.
You should write a tennis handbook 'how to beat pusher Woz'. You tactic is so perfect on paper but on tennis court it so oftenly flaws.:D Please do abstract from Slams cause when she wins one you will be feeling even more embarrassed.:hug:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 6th, 2011, 09:58 PM

1. She doesn't have a slam because: a) she doesn't play well and loses a match, b) she meets an opponent who just plays better or c) both.
She has played two slams in her current top form and she lost in the semi-finals of both to Clijsters and Li. The Zvonareva loss was easy enough. Zvonareva just played better. She didn't play that well against Li who was having a fluke run of form and lost. Simple. If she plays well in all of her matches in slams, she'll win the title.

2. Why are you using the Petkovic match as an example? Why are you even bringing it up. Petkovic didn't do anything special, Wozniacki was awful. A combination of just not playing well and being quite burnt out from all the matches and her run of Aussie semis, 2 titles and a final.

3. Li was having a fluke run in Australia and caught Wozniacki off guard. Wozniacki didn't play her best and Li was, as I said, having a fluke run of form. When she lost to Jankovic, she wasn't the player she is now. I've already explained her loss to Petkovic.

4. Schiavone won the title at Paris :weirdo: Wozniacki was pretty mediocre the entire clay season and did well to reach the quarter-finals. Schiavone was the better player on clay and won. Again, like the Petkovic match, why did you bring up this one.

5. Kvitova? Why that match? Wozniacki played horrible, Kvitova was in form. You keep bringing up matches were Wozniacki wasn't playing well :lol:

6. Zvonareva won fair and square. Bad luck for Wozniacki who came up against a better player on the day. Doesn't happen often.

Overall, most of those matches were bad one from Wozniacki. Some of them were when she wasn't in the form she's in now.
The Zvonareva one was a good one.
Most of the time though, if Wozniacki is playing near her best, you won't beat her, no matter how hard you try.

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM
You should write a tennis handbook 'how to beat pusher Woz'. You tactic is so perfect on paper but on tennis court it so oftenly flaws.:D Please do abstract from Slams cause when she wins one you will be feeling even more embarrassed.:hug:

How is it a flawed plan that the number one player in the world was grossly shanking forehands against Petkovic, Zvonareva, and Li? And how is it flawed that players are still able to draw short balls by going to the forehand. Players like Dulko...who has less power than she does.

It's not a flawed plan. It's a pretty obvious weakness. She's improved, but that forehand really, if you pick on it the right way goes straight down the toilet. You feed into her game by giving her power. She is the best at building tactics on how to wear an opponent down who wants to hit through her. If she's going to get run around with angles and tricks and cover a significant amount of court going both up and back not on her on accord, combined with decent power (hence, Radwanska having the 1-3 record against Caroline), you can beat her. Hitting through her, no matter how consistent you are, is a bad plan against players like her, who just thrive with redirecting pace.

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
1. She doesn't have a slam because: a) she doesn't play well and loses a match, b) she meets an opponent who just plays better or c) both.
She has played two slams in her current top form and she lost in the semi-finals of both to Zvonareva and Li. The Zvonareva loss was easy enough. Zvonareva just played better. She didn't play that well against Li who was having a fluke run of form and lost. Simple. If she plays well in all of her matches in slams, she'll win the title.

If someone "just plays better" isn't that the result of poor tactics? If she was a tactician and the best one, at that, she would be beating someone who clearly out-thought her. This is the same player that got trounced by both Clijsters and Serena, and upset by Hantuchova out in Pattaya. Where does that place Caroline's tactics?

2. Why are you using the Petkovic match as an example? Why are you even bringing it up. Petkovic didn't do anything special, Wozniacki was awful. A combination of just not playing well and being quite burnt out from all the matches and her run of Aussie semis, 2 titles and a final.

Tactics from the opponent, no matter how basic, can make people play horrible (just look at what Wozniacki does to people like Sharapova and Ivanovic). Hands down. If you can't adjust to your opponent hitting balls in the court and you're missing right and left, you don't deserve to win the match.

3. Li was having a fluke run in Australia and caught Wozniacki off guard. Wozniacki didn't play her best and Li was, as I said, having a fluke run of form. When she lost to Jankovic, she wasn't the player she is now. I've already explained her loss to Petkovic.

Li had a fluke run in the same place two years in a row, hmm? Also winning the big lead up tournament to said grand slam was a fluke?

4. Schiavone won the title at Paris :weirdo: Wozniacki was pretty mediocre the entire clay season and did well to reach the quarter-finals. Schiavone was the better player on clay and won. Again, like the Petkovic match, why did you bring up this one.

I brought this one up because clearly Schiavone out-thought Wozniacki in that match. Angles, drop shots, lobs, passing shots. All of that jazz. Even a tired Schiavone looked to be the winner in Australia.

5. Kvitova? Why that match? Wozniacki played horrible, Kvitova was in form. You keep bringing up matches were Wozniacki wasn't playing well :lol:

Wozniacki CLEARLY couldn't do a damn thing. Kvitova was hitting the cover off the ball. Hence: ballbasher in form can take out Wozniacki.

6. Zvonareva won fair and square. Bad luck for Wozniacki who came up against a better player on the day. Doesn't happen often.

Overall, most of those matches were bad one from Wozniacki. Some of them were when she wasn't in the form she's in now.
The Zvonareva one was a good one.
Most of the time though, if Wozniacki is playing near her best, you won't beat her, no matter how hard you try.

That apparently is yet to be seen. Grand Slams are about winning when you aren't at your best the entire time. You've got to peak at the right opportunity. The champions get through awful matches when they count. They don't just lose them.

tea
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:12 PM
How is it a flawed plan that the number one player in the world was grossly shanking forehands against Petkovic, Zvonareva, and Li? And how is it flawed that players are still able to draw short balls by going to the forehand. Players like Dulko...who has less power than she does.

It's not a flawed plan. It's a pretty obvious weakness. She's improved, but that forehand really, if you pick on it the right way goes straight down the toilet. You feed into her game by giving her power. She is the best at building tactics on how to wear an opponent down who wants to hit through her. If she's going to get run around with angles and tricks and cover a significant amount of court going both up and back not on her on accord, combined with decent power (hence, Radwanska having the 1-3 record against Caroline), you can beat her. Hitting through her, no matter how consistent you are, is a bad plan against players like her, who just thrive with redirecting pace.
Unlike many of TF's self proclaimed "experts" your posts does make sense. But one thing you seem to be constantly refuse to realise-- there is tactic against Caro, but there are very rare precedents of execution it. That is why she wins so much and loses so rarely. You named those precedents and game plans which has leaded to success, but those are numbered. Give her a rest, really. Acknowledge the great aspects of her game. Be fair after all.:confused:

madmax
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Unlike many of TF's self proclaimed "experts" your posts does make sense. But one thing you seem to be constantly refuse to realise-- there is tactic against Caro, but there are very rare precedents of execution it. That is why she wins so much and loses so rarely. You named those precedents and game plans which has leaded to success, but those are numbered. Give her a rest, really. Acknowledge the great aspects of her game. Be fair after all.:confused:

so according to you when Pushniacki loses a match it's because she "played a horrible match and her opponent was lucky and on fire" and when the same happens to other players they are just crap and were outplayed?:lol: I know you are a troll but do you even realize how ridiculous you sound by making excuses for her constant shortcomings?

DefyingGravity
Apr 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM

I acknowledge that it's difficult to win against her.

I acknowledge that even if you execute a tactic, you can still lose.

To say that she's the best tactician, that's pushing it slightly. She's good, she's talented. She's going to get better. The best tacticians eventually get slam numbers next to their name. The better the tactic, the more Slams won.

I am being extremely fair. I'm not trying to attack her. Her favorite standing at Roland Garros is just...I would have several people tied with her. She's not a clear favorite to win the title. And anyway, this thread is about Kim.

terjw
Apr 6th, 2011, 11:33 PM

It's pretty ridiculous denouncing Caro because she hasn't won a slam. Not everyone wins slams in their teens. Venus pretty much about the time of her 20 years old bithday for her first slam. So before Wimbledon that year was Venus crap because she'd never won a slam. Justine was 21 before her first slam, Kim was 22. Were they useless because Hingis had won 5 by then.

All these posters acting like a parrott and mindlessly saying where are Caro's slams. Not all great players win all their slams in their teens and then dry up. Justine ended up with 2 more slams than Hingis. So belittling Caro because of how many slams Hingis won in her teens is absolutely ridiculous.

Caro's performances to date at the slams have not been bad at all and she's been improving in them. A year ago she didn't have all these titles. No-one expected that much from her at the slams. She got pretty much where expected (or very slightly worse).

After Wimbledon - she started going on a tear. At USO - expectation here was she'd lose in the 1st round or anyway to Sharapova as the worst performance ever by a #1 seed. Yes in the end disappointing she lost in the SF. But no-one thought she would get anywhere near as far as that. At AO she got to SF - a big improvement from 2010.

From now on - she's become one of the top three favourites at the slams. So now if she doesn't make SF she would be underperforming and to not make the Finals now would be disappointing. If a year on from now she hasn't won a slam - it's fair enough to raise questions as to why she hasn't been able to.

But right now - when it's only since after Wimbledon last year that she's really shone - saying where are her slams is ridiculous.

How did everyone get off-topic and on to Caro not having a slam anyway when this is supposed to be a thread on Kim's shoulder injury which some dimwits here don't seem to understand she has and has been struggling with lately.

Uranus
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Why not lock the thread? It's a Kim-related discussion, not an analysis of Caro's game, strenghts, weaknesses and (potential) achievements.

sammy01
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:19 AM
It's pretty ridiculous denouncing Caro because she hasn't won a slam. Not everyone wins slams in their teens.Venus pretty much about the time of her 20 years old bithday for her first slam. So before Wimbledon that year was Venus crap because she'd never won a slam. Justine was 21 before her first slam, Kim was 22. Were they useless because Hingis had won 5 by then.

All these posters acting like a parrott and mindlessly saying where are Caro's slams. Not all great players win all their slams in their teens and then dry up. Justine ended up with 2 more slams than Hingis. So belittling Caro because of how many slams Hingis won in her teens is absolutely ridiculous.

Caro's performances to date at the slams have not been bad at all and she's been improving in them. A year ago she didn't have all these titles. No-one expected that much from her at the slams. She got pretty much where expected (or very slightly worse).

After Wimbledon - she started going on a tear. At USO - expectation here was she'd lose in the 1st round or anyway to Sharapova as the worst performance ever by a #1 seed. Yes in the end disappointing she lost in the SF. But no-one thought she would get anywhere near as far as that. At AO she got to SF - a big improvement from 2010.

From now on - she's become one of the top three favourites at the slams. So now if she doesn't make SF she would be underperforming and to not make the Finals now would be disappointing. If a year on from now she hasn't won a slam - it's fair enough to raise questions as to why she hasn't been able to.

But right now - when it's only since after Wimbledon last year that she's really shone - saying where are her slams is ridiculous.

How did everyone get off-topic and on to Caro not having a slam anyway when this is supposed to be a thread on Kim's shoulder injury which some dimwits here don't seem to understand she has and has been struggling with lately.

venus, kim and justine had huge competition as well as each other to contend with to get their 1st and many of their slams. they had the likes of davenport, pierce, capriati, seles, hingis still competing at the final stages of slams. as well as each other who would turn out to be 4 (including serena) of the greatest players ever.

caro right now is losing to kvitova, li, vera, fran in the latter stages of slams. if it was only serena, venus or kim stopping her winning slams then yeah you could say she is right on track to overtake them. but she can hardly get past some of the good but not great players playing right now in slams.

goldenlox
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Caro did not win a Permier 5 or Mandatory until after Wimbledon. Now she has 5.
She is an improving player.
Any player doing what Caro's done in the last 8 months and is still 20 is definately a slam contender.
You're in dreamland if you think a weak player can win 5 straight Tier I's, make the YEC final and have match point in a slam semi, all in the last several months

The crazy part is that Sharapova fans scream "She's back!" and she hasnt beaten a seed in 7 majors. Got buried both times Caro played her since Wimbledon.
Caro beats top 10 players, played Kim very close at the YEC.

That Caro has to defended against Sharapova trolls is mindboggling.

Matt01
Apr 7th, 2011, 01:58 AM
caro right now is losing to kvitova, li, vera, fran in the latter stages of slams. if it was only serena, venus or kim stopping her winning slams then yeah you could say she is right on track to overtake them. but she can hardly get past some of the good but not great players playing right now in slams.

Fran won the the tournament after she beat Caro. Vera is a top 3 player who made several Slam finals at the time. Li made a Slam final and was in great form, Kvitova just beat your precious "true #1" Clijsters.

It's not like Caro is losing to some scrubs in the Slams...

When she starts losing to the likes of Rybarikova or Pironkova in the Slams then I would start to worry...

terjw
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
venus, kim and justine had huge competition as well as each other to contend with to get their 1st and many of their slams. they had the likes of davenport, pierce, capriati, seles, hingis still competing at the final stages of slams. as well as each other who would turn out to be 4 (including serena) of the greatest players ever.

Cry me a river :rolleyes: The old tour is weak argument. Funny you never like that argument when it applies to Kim's three slams in her comeback. That old argument is exaggerated anyway. Those players you quote weren't all playing great the same time. They had injuries and their years when they weren't a factor. And the tour wasn't so deep with as many players who on their day could be a real threat - so back then players had easier early round matches. although one or two tougher later round matches.

Hypocritical much. Where are your posts that the tour is so weak and the only thing to be said about Kim and Serena on their slams since 2008 is that they are opportunists.