PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Charleston

mk27
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Lisicki v Voracova
Bartoli v BYE

Dorien.
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Well she should win that first round match.

SeMany
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
another good firstround draw for biene;)

Geekking
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Voracova is a easy opponent. Sabine can defeat her win easy 2 sets. She def Voravoca in '07 Toronto. She will face with Bartoli after this match. She def Bartoli '09 Charleston. Looking forward to see the result of her match! I believe she can def her too! Good luck Sabine!

Michael!
Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Voracova, typical challenger player, a good first round of course, but the Czech seems to be in good shape at least, I expect Sabine to win but I fear another tight 3 sets match like against Czink but as I said, she should win it!
A match against Bartoli would be another good test and hopefully she can give her a good fight but first round is most important now and then weīll see...

Mike81
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:47 AM
Sabine has great memories of 2009 of course and she has been having good hits on green clay. Surely she can win the first round after that it's a matter of making sure her serve is on, if it's not she won't go far but I'm optimistic about this tournament as is Sabine understandably. I'm just happy she is playing after missing out on defending her title last year :)

LightsOut!
Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Good luck, Bine :cheer:

lovethetennis
Apr 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Anyone know if there's a video stream for her 1st Rd?

Lisickinator
Apr 5th, 2011, 03:28 AM
no, coverage starts thursday

Geekking
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Sabineeeee Started With A Break! Come On Champion!!

Geekking
Apr 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
1-3 :(

CillyUltra
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Sabine Lisicki def. Renata Voracova 36 64 62

difficult, but she could step up and battle it out :)

seems mentally it is becoming better again

mk27
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:33 PM
A least she could win 3rd set matches ;)

lovethetennis
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I just looked at her stats for each set. Sabine made improvements to her game as the match progressed. It's so great to see her win a match this way :cool: :)

Dorien.
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Great she could win :yeah:

Sasja
Apr 5th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Sabine :yeah:

Happy she won :)

crazillo
Apr 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Pretty good in the end.

Mike81
Apr 6th, 2011, 12:12 AM
It's good signs for her to win a 3 setter and show some fight under adversity :)

Is someone able to give a more full report?

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Sabine :)

CillyUltra
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:01 PM
2nd match after 7 pm ET at Stadium

Nice that she gets a night session experience at her Charleston tourney this time...with her 7 match winning streak.

cosmoose
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Tonight's match may have saved Bine's career! :bounce:
6-2 6-3

Mirza is next! :D

CillyUltra
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:04 AM
:speakles: Sabine Lisicki defeats Marion Bartoli 62 63 :speakles:

amazing, made the critical points in 1st set, held her nerves after wasted mp's, served it out

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Sabine's best win for a long time :) Now for Mirza who she beat in January in a three set thriller in qualifying in Auckland,NZ. Very winnable.

Sasja
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM
:eek: that's a really good and important win for her :yeah:

I like Marion as well, but Sabine really needs this more :)

Good luck against Sania :cheer:

mk27
Apr 7th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Good win for her :yeah:
And back in the top 160 on Monday :)

Dorien.
Apr 7th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Sabine :worship:
Such a great win :hearts:

Michael!
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Great win for Sabine, best win since she beat Dementieva in Perth 2010!
Nothing to complain about, good service statistics and only got broken once and most important thing for me is that she was able to serve it out at *53 after she wasted 2 MPs before at Bartoliīs serve, great to see that she was mentally tough enough this time! :)

Now against Mirza, not easy to handle the different situation now as she is big favourite in that match but if she plays near to her "normal" level she will win this match as well, it is definitely in her hands!

LightsOut!
Apr 7th, 2011, 11:29 AM
:eek: :worship:
Awesome result :yeah:

crazillo
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Might be one of the most importatn victories in her career!

shrOOf
Apr 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Amazing, didn't expect that at all. Well done Bine. :bounce:

rucolo
Apr 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Marion`s first match on clay. But well done, Sabine! :D:yeah:

Sabine always plays her best against the Top players. Now don`t crash out to Mirza!

lovethetennis
Apr 7th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Big win, keep it going Bine!! :bounce::bounce::yippee::banana::bigclap:

mk27
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Sania Mirza d. Sabine Lisicki 64 64 :facepalm:

Geekking
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:25 AM
She couldn't hold her games and her serve didn't work today. So sad for Sabine and for us :tears:

Michael!
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Losing to Mirza on clay is pathetic, as pathetic as the match was, both were terrible it seems, Lisickiīs serve was awful and she just couldnt take her chances, Mirza gave her one chance after another to come back but Lisicki wasted them all, reminds me of Miami where she also played horrible after she played a good match before, still no consistency, just when you think that she finally is back she disappoints you again, probably wanted too much again and was too tight...good tournament in general and some important points but well, she is still far away from coming back to old strength..

posted same in GM :shrug:

lovethetennis
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Sabine's serve was off today. :tears: She couldn't capitalize on her break chances either :mad: Anyone know how many points she made for Charleston?

Michael!
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:30 AM
60 pts for Charleston, would have been 120 pts with a win today :mad:

lovethetennis
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks Michael! Just curious, where do you guys find out all the information on points anyway? (Pardon me if it's a dumb question. I'm still learning)

mk27
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks Michael! Just curious, where do you guys find out all the information on points anyway? (Pardon me if it's a dumb question. I'm still learning)

You can find the points here

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Rankings_Stats/howitworks.pdf

cosmoose
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:39 AM
@GVTennisNews Tennis Panorama News
Mirza d Lisicki 6-4 6-4. Lisicki leaves the court in tears.

lovethetennis
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for that info mk27 :)

You can find the points here

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Rankings_Stats/howitworks.pdf

Geekking
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:43 AM
@GVTennisNews Tennis Panorama News
Mirza d Lisicki 6-4 6-4. Lisicki leaves the court in tears.

I hope it's not true :sad:

Michael!
Apr 8th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Sad that she leaves the court in tears but that says it all, she is too emotional, thatīs why she got too tight again today, not relaxed enough in most of her matches, as of different reasons, yesterday she was underdog and played more free, today again as fave she couldnīt deal with the situation at all, I only hope that this gets better with more matches but she also needs some help and support from the team around her, main problem these days is her head not her body and that is sometimes hard to change...

Mike81
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:07 AM
:sad: not good news to wake up to. It sucks trying to follow from other side of the world :devil:
I didn't realise the turnaround was so short and she was playing already and is now out. I don't like that kind of scheduling, but she still needs to be able to deal with it. She often struggles to back up a good performance. She would've beaten Mirza if she brought her good serving game like v Bartoli but obviously she's still inconsistent and mentally fragile.

Poor Sabine in tears, I love her so much and I know it's a very emotional tournament for her, having won there in 2009. She'd feel like she's let herself and her supporters down but we have to look at the positives. She's atleast moving up in the rankings of late and now she'll go to Europe and soon Germany and she should enjoy good support there and hopefully get good results.

CillyUltra
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I hope it's not true :sad:

Sad that she leaves the court in tears but that says it all, she is too emotional

not a big surprise given her relation to Charleston ;)

cosmoose
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I think she tried too hard. I'm guessing she wanted to win so badly that she was being impatient.
But I'm encouraged by how she played this week. Finally I can see the light at the end of the comeback tunnel.

Mike81
Apr 8th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Sabine is a very emotional player, one of the main reasons why I love her and prefer her to other players. Two years ago it was tears of joy, this year tears of disappointment. She'll need a little time but I'm sure she'll soon be cheered up and focus on playing well in Germany in front of home support.

Sasja
Apr 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Sad that she leaves the court in tears but that says it all, she is too emotional, thatīs why she got too tight again today, not relaxed enough in most of her matches, as of different reasons, yesterday she was underdog and played more free, today again as fave she couldnīt deal with the situation at all, I only hope that this gets better with more matches but she also needs some help and support from the team around her, main problem these days is her head not her body and that is sometimes hard to change...

I think that's true :hug:
She wants to do well so badly that it's working against her :sobbing:

Hope she figures it out soon :hug:

rucolo
Apr 8th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Sabine always plays her best against the Top players. Now don`t crash out to Mirza!

Knew it. Of course Sabine had to bomb out to Mirza! :facepalm:

Break Points Won: only 4 of 14 !! :o:help:

Embarrassing loss. So typical Sabine. No consistency. Wonder what happened to her serve...

hellas719
Apr 9th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Sabine :sad::hug: