Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
except for Azarenka

So what?

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
And she's twice a champion :help:

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Vika now has 2 out of the last 3. And she's still young. She's going to be the 5th slam queen

Some1
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
She still has time ;)

Venus won Miami twice before winning her first slam :p

danieln1
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
And?

But you could say she´s not in the same league as the former champs ( Hingis, Williams sisters, Sveta, Kimberly etc.)

Shadowcat
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
So what has it got to do with anything? She definitely has potential to win a slam in the future...

CloudAtlas
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Given the current state of the WTA tour compared to a few years ago, stats like these are irrelevant. Azarenka is a decent player with a few limitations in her game and for whom a Slam is not completely unreachable. And she's only 21. Too early for threads like this.

starin
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
these are the champions who have won miami more than once:

Graf, Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Hingis, Azarenka

p.s. i'm not slamming Azarenka just pointing out that if she doesn't win a slam it'll be a big shock.

Vikapower
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
:help: We're speaking about a 21 not even 22yr. old who has just won Miami 2 times... Vika has enourmous time for her... there's no need to rush things...

Beny
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Dont worry, she will win it soon ;)

Shadowcat
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
:help: We're speaking about a 21 not even 22yr. old who has just won Miami 2 times... Vika has enourmous time for her... there's no need to rush things...

Yes. Agreed. Step by step and slowly and you'll soon achieve the results you want...I truly believe Vika is able to win a slam in the future...she has great potential...except if she always retires from matches then it might have a bit of a problem...

Temperenka
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Vika's attitude has completely changed this year. That was the biggest thing holding her back.

She will have a chance at the French if she holds this form.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
not like miami has that much of importance.

joão.
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
:lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
And...

!VamosRafa!
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'll be laughing when Vika starts losing in R2 again:lol:
That will be pretty soon,she's way too inconsistent!

Stern
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
She might win 2011 Wimbledon, I don't see Venus or Serena winning it

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Has Vika ever reached a slam semi? Eventually she will be healthy with a good draw & have a good major.
But Miami is far from a major.

doomsday
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
so what? Wozniacki is N1 without a slam.

Beny
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Has Vika ever reached a slam semi? Eventually she will be healthy with a good draw & have a good major.

I got lost counting those dozens of slam semifinals Schiavone reached before she won her first grand slam last year..anyone?
It doesnt f.matter if she reached or not. Players need to have the skills. All Schiavone, Azarenka, Wozniacki, Stosur have them. Then they need to stay healthy for two weeks and focused. If they reached a slam semi a year ago or ten, it doesnt matter.

Miami may be far from a major but there is no other tournament that would be closer to a major than Miami.

moby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:33 PM

It's the only tournament played on purple clay.

Break My Rapture
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
How exactly? It's definitely the closest to a major out there from the WTA tournaments.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
It's the only tournament played on purple clay.

lol no. neither henin nor nadal(yet) have won it

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
How exactly? It's definitely the closest to a major out there from the WTA tournaments.If this was close to a major, Kim would have skipped IW to be healthy for it.
Most would skip IW if this was much more important

moby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
lol no. neither henin nor nadal(yet) have won itThe speed of the court.

The bounces are so dead though.

Marionated
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Can we stop with this Miami is the biggest non-slam tournament BS?

hurricanejeanne
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
Vika has the game to win a slam, it's just up to keeping her mentality together when it comes to the slams. If anything, winning Miami proves her potential as a slam favorite.

Alas, she must be doing something right when the haters on wtaworld are after her. :p

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Azza The Pusherniaski Slayer at the next Slams! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Corswandt
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Lolz @ all the jelis Carotards on this thread.

Where's Serenidad BTW?

Apoleb
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
She's one of the best hard court players of Generation Suck. She certainly can do it, possibly as recent as the next USO.

I mean her biggest HC threat is probably Caro. :help:

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
She's one of the best hard court players of Generation Suck. She certainly can do it, possibly as recent as the next USO.

I mean her biggest HC threat is probably Caro. :help:

who owns azarenka

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Can we stop with this Miami is the biggest non-slam tournament BS?

this :lol:

Lucemferre
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
who owns azarenka

4-2 with one retirement isn't owning.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
4-2 with one retirement isn't owning.

when was the last time azarenka beat her? moreover, there is nothing in azarenka's game to suggest she can beat wozniacki.

Lucemferre
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:57 PM
When was the last time Caro beat her easily? 4-2 with one ret. isn't owning, the end.

QUEENLINDSAY
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
it all started 2009, that the state of womens tennis is in decline and the top 3 players are non slam winners.
You can say the same thing with Indian Wells until 2009 except for Hantuchova.
Thanks to kim for coming back, she saved Miami 2010.

starin
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
:shrug: miami is one of the few non slam tournaments to not be muddied with weak winners. It's a got a better history of real champions than the #1 ranking.

Berlin_Calling
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
when was the last time azarenka beat her? moreover, there is nothing in azarenka's game to suggest she can beat wozniacki.

:help:

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
:shrug: miami is one of the few non slam tournaments to not be muddied with weak winners. It's a got a better history of real champions than the #1 ranking.

big lol

Vikapower
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:27 PM

Vika is the most humble player on tour and she'll recognize that Carolito is one of the greatest player in history and certainly one of the most talented individual to have ever played tennis on the WTA tour BUT...

Owned or not she'll put herself to work, believe in her possibilities to arise herself also to a multiple slam status so that in order for haters like you to spew even more hate signifying that she's fulfilling her potential well.

But the unique difference is that one is the GOAT at winning MMs (Carolito) whereas the other will be the GOAT at mastering the Biggies (Federenka)...

2nd SE Miami Grand Slam. Vika ad eternam™.

LightWarrior
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
So what has it got to do with anything? She definitely has potential to win a slam in the future...

Yeah, just like Jankovic had, like Safina had, like Woz has. Still the same old story of "having potential"...

debby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:36 PM
lol, it will stay like that

Bitter Juju fan. That's not because Juju never won Miami that you have to be so bitter at everyone on the tour right now.

She still has time ;)

Venus won Miami twice before winning her first slam :p

Oh wow !!!!!! :eek: Where is the paper ? I want to sign with both my hands (and even feets) for Vika to win 7 Slams ! :lol:

these are the champions who have won miami more than once:

Graf, Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Hingis, Azarenka

p.s. i'm not slamming Azarenka just pointing out that if she doesn't win a slam it'll be a big shock.

Amazing stat ! So proud of Vika :angel:

IKR ? :help:
Sorry to bring Henin up again, but she has won her first Slam at 21 I believe.... she was owned by Clijsters.... So many thought Justine would be in the shadow of Kim... When Justine beat her that day, everything changed.

Sometimes, a players needs time to let her game maturing. Or even her mental state. Hopefully that's what is going to happen to Vika.

Yes. Only huge champions won Miami. Stop acting like it is a MM tournament :wavey:

She might win 2011 Wimbledon, I don't see Venus or Serena winning it

Or maybe Kvitova if she gets her act together.... but it will be very difficult to predict for once... Maybe Serena out of W, and Venus struggling/slumping... But I think Vika's biggest shot is RG. She can play superb on clay.

http://www.sports.fr/images/201022/schiavone_rolandgarros_reu.jpg

so what? Wozniacki is N1 without a slam.

:lol: You are so predictable, but love you :kiss:

lol no. neither henin nor nadal(yet) have won it

Yeah because Henin is a choker and it is not easy to play a red-hot form Serena Williams in a final, and because that's also her mother's death anniversary during Miami.

And Nadal is going to win it, and has never been ridiculous to Miami... some amazing matchs (to Federer and Del Potro who are not exactly that dull on clay).

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Vika is the most humble player on tour and she'll recognize that Carolito is one of the greatest player in history and certainly one of the most talented individual to have ever played tennis on the WTA tour BUT...

Owned or not she'll put herself to work, believe in her possibilities to arise herself also to a multiple slam status so that in order for haters like you to spew even more hate signifying that she's fulfilling her potential well.

But the unique difference is that one is the GOAT at winning MMs (Carolito) whereas the other will be the GOAT at mastering the Biggies (Federenka)...

:worship: too good once again

debby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Yeah, just like Jankovic had, like Safina had, like Woz has. Still the same old story of "having potential"...

Well, someone is going to have to win a Slam among these girls, Clijsters and Wiwis are not gonna play forever.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:42 PM
debby has entered the threead, clueless as always :lol:

debby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:44 PM
debby has entered the threead, clueless as always :lol:

I am living in the present, unlike you. :help:
Why are you still watching the WTA ? Who do you actually support ? You are mocking everyone on the tour, you think no one can win Slams except Shitjsters (and yet you make fun of her) for crying out loud !

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
I am living in the present, unlike you. :help:
Why are you still watching the WTA ? Who do you actually support ? You are mocking everyone on the tour, you think no one can win Slams except Shitjsters (and yet you make fun of her) for crying out loud !
at least i am not supporting azarenka :rolls:
where did i make fun of clijsters?

Rollo
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Well here's to Vika keeping the streak by winning a slam of her own soon! Clay and grass might be tougher for her, but you never know.

debby
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
at least i am not supporting azarenka :rolls:
where did i make fun of clijsters?

Where is the fun?
Did you support Henin only because she was winning majors ? Oh wait, it's true how you bashed hard when she was losing last year and at the AO. Gloryhunter is by far worse than supporting headcases Miami winners. :wavey:

I don't know, but something like "lol clijsters will play like shit and still winning how sad is the wta :tape: "

And you didn't answer my reply to :
Who do you currently support ?
Why do you bother watching WTA ?

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Where is the fun?
Did you support Henin only because she was winning majors ? Oh wait, it's true how you bashed hard when she was losing last year and at the AO. Gloryhunter is by far worse than supporting headcases Miami winners. :wavey:

I don't know, but something like "lol clijsters will play like shit and still winning how sad is the wta :tape: "

And you didn't answer my reply to :
Who do you currently support ?
Why do you bother watching WTA ?

i watch merely to entertain myself by the crapness, but i never watch the whole match anyway. i tolerated couple of games today and it was enough :help: what a horror show

debby
Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:01 AM
i watch merely to entertain myself by the crapness, but i never watch the whole match anyway. i tolerated couple of games today and it was enough :help: what a horror show

It is not Azarenka's fault if Errorpova was there.

Azarenka has an amazing potential, and if you don't even see it, yeah who has more potential than her among the next generation?

delicatecutter
Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:05 AM
Vika has reached QF of both Roland Garros and Wimbledon. With the fields as depleted as they will be this year, there's no doubt in my mind she will have a decent shot at winning one, maybe both. :cheer:

doomsday
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:24 AM
:lol: You are so predictable, but love you :kiss:

I know Henin's retirement killed you but you have to stop supporting this pusher:lol:

debby
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:31 AM
I know Henin's retirement killed you but you have to stop supporting this pusher:lol:

Since when do I support Wozniacki? :lol: There is a difference between disliking her game and claiming she should be ashamed to be #1 :lol: It's Clijsters' fault, not hers. :lol:

And check my sig, mate :lol:

doomsday
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Since when do I support Wozniacki? :lol: There is a difference between disliking her game and claiming she should be ashamed to be #1 :lol: It's Clijsters' fault, not hers. :lol:

And check my sig, mate :lol:

It's not Clijster's fault, winners of Slams should gain more points IMO.
And your sig is changing everyday:o:lol:

debby
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM
It's not Clijster's fault, winners of Slams should gain more points IMO.
And your sig is changing everyday:o:lol:

2000 pts is already huge ! You crazy !
That's only because Kimberly barely plays on the tour :tape:

I only changed it today, but you know very well I am mostly a Vika and JJ fan :lol: and what about your TF skills? :p

doomsday
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:06 AM
2000 pts is already huge ! You crazy !
That's only because Kimberly barely plays on the tour :tape:

I only changed it today, but you know very well I am mostly a Vika and JJ fan :lol: and what about your TF skills? :p

My TF skills???? ELABORATE.

debby
Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:08 AM
My TF skills???? ELABORATE.

;)

Shadowcat
Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
It is not Azarenka's fault if Errorpova was there.

Azarenka has an amazing potential, and if you don't even see it, yeah who has more potential than her among the next generation?

Agreed. Sharapova made many errors and Azarenka got very lucky...2 shots gone over the net in 1 match!...because I guess she deserved it...and you guys are funny fighting about Clijsters, Henin and Woz...:lol:

starin
Jan 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM
keep the streak alive Vika :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Jan 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM
DON'T jinx.

Alejandrawrrr
Jan 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Some epic jinxan going on :yeah:

Queenpova
Jan 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
it'll stay like that

Mistress of Evil
Jan 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
God forbid! The Shrieking Demon must be remembered for something, let it that be the only Slamless Miami champ. :crying2:

Londoner
Jan 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Given the current state of the WTA tour compared to a few years ago, stats like these are irrelevant. Azarenka is a decent player with a few limitations in her game and for whom a Slam is not completely unreachable. And she's only 21. Too early for threads like this.

Agree completely, apart from 'decent' - I'd say Very Good to Excellent!

Balltossovic
Jan 27th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Didn't Pam Shriver win Miami?

~EDIT~
Guess not

miffedmax
Jan 27th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Well, with Marbella canceled Miami is the 5th slam anyway.

Queenpova
Jan 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Well, with Marbella canceled Miami is the 5th slam anyway.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx235/gfs1112/9bhnk2.gif

nfl46
Jan 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Isn't Miami classified as the fifth slam, anyway? Funny thing is, Indian Wells prize money is more than Miami by nearly a million bucks.

Aside from the Year-End Championships, those two are probably the two biggest.

Vikapower
Jan 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM

:lol: Narcissism, quoting yourself, looks like finally she has worked that well since Apr. 2011 -- 1st. GS F and <24 hours away from winning first major. :worship:

cowsonice
Jan 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Wow. I've always thought IW > Miami but I guess not.

AliceMariaRenka
Jan 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Vika is only 21 and will win a slam.:wavey:

Chunchun
Jan 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Wow. I've always thought IW > Miami but I guess not.

ya but Miami > IW in a way that with Wiliiams sisters presence it makes the tournament more recognisable (???)

Linguae^
Jan 27th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Vika is only 21 and will win a slam.:wavey:

She is 22.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 27th, 2012, 08:41 PM
keep the streak alive Vika :cheer:

doing a great jinx job :lol:

Protoss
Jan 27th, 2012, 09:49 PM
doing a great jinx job :lol:
Even if Vika doesn't win this particular slam, she still has time to a win a slam though. :shrug:

guichard
Jan 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
allez vika

debby
Jan 27th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Even if Vika doesn't win this particular slam, she still has time to a win a slam though. :shrug:

Yes !

And she has a lot of talent :worship: In Vika we believe !

hobahobaspirit
Jan 27th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Every rule needs an exception that proves it.

debby
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM

Gurl. You mad ?

hobahobaspirit
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Gurl. You mad ?

Why would I be mad ? I know she ain't winning shit :wavey:

duhcity
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:04 AM

:wavey:
Miami's pedigree remains perfect.

Marlene
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Every single Miami champion has won a slam... including Azarenka.

nfl46
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
This makes me so happy!

Okay, its time for the Woz jokes. Lol!

I feel more sorry for Woz than Maria. Petro and Vika own.

Vikapower
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM
:spit: Indeed they have !

Lucemferre
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:23 AM
What about IW? :devil:

Yoncé
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Pressed as fresh linen :kiss:

Jajaloo
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM
What about IW? :devil:

Jankovic, Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Hantuchová :sobbing:

Renalicious
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
^ All the slamless ladies. :sobbing:

Break My Rapture
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
:worship:

bandabou
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM

:lol: I love it...the biggest revenge Serena did to IW. Totally rendering it as the B-level mandatory event.

bandabou
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM

FAIL! :rolls:

Tennisation
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Jankovic, Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Hantuchová :sobbing::haha:.........Radwanska to win Miami next :tape:

romismak
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Miami is considered as ,,5th slam,, so those players that won Miami are mostly big champions and slam winners too and if they weren´t before they will in future just like Vika.

shoryuken
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
:lol: I love it...the biggest revenge Serena did to IW. Totally rendering it as the B-level mandatory event.

:rolls:

Bosco123
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
:haha:.........Radwanska to win Miami next :tape:

you meant Radwanska to win Indian Wells next, right? but in the mean time you just jinxed Agatha to not win Miami , thanks god. :cool:

LUVMIRZA
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM

:lol:agreed

Sam L
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Miami is considered as ,,5th slam,, so those players that won Miami are mostly big champions and slam winners too and if they weren´t before they will in future just like Vika.

Um excuse me, everyone knows that's Marbella. :rolleyes:

starin
Jan 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM

:spit:

:worship: Miami's amazing pedigree of churning out Slam champions continues.

Break My Rapture
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Miami's legacy of titlists is in danger of being tarnished with Radwanska in the semis. And it's likely that she's reaching the final too.

Jane Lane
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
This obviously means GOATPova will finally rise from the ashes as her stans proclaim, eternally continuing the Miami prophecy. :worship:

CloudAtlas
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
This obviously means GOATPova will finally rise from the ashes as her stans proclaim, eternally continuing the Miami prophecy. :worship:

OR that Radwanska will win a Slam :angel:

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
OR that Radwanska will win a Slam :angel:

Or Princess Karolina or Demoiselle Gâteau.:angel:

Stonerpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM

http://lornasvoice.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/duh.gif

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Vika won Miami in 2009. So it still might be true even if Maria doesnt win. You have to wait a while.
It is interesting that this was a full field, every top player in the draw, and Marion/Aga is a semi. Marion might be like Li & Stosur, and be ready to win a major later in her career.

Beat
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM

:facepalm: you wish.

18majors
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Vika won Miami in 2009. So it still might be true even if Maria doesnt win. You have to wait a while.
It is interesting that this was a full field, every top player in the draw, and Marion/Aga is a semi. Marion might be like Li & Stosur, and be ready to win a major later in her career.

Bartoli, the future Wimbledon champ.

metamorpha
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah... a new slam champion will be foretold here. :oh:

nfl46
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I always said Bartoli was going to win a Grand Slam. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I could see Bartoli taking Wimbly this year. I think she will finish her career with at least one of them.

Temperenka
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Marion is the only one that could potentially mess this up.

Anyone who thinks Radwanska and Wozniacki won't win a slam in their careers is just a) delusional or b) in denial.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM

Anyone who thinks Radwanska and Wozniacki won't win a slam in their careers is just a) delusional or b) in denial.

Until they win a slam you can't say that, it's not inevitable, some excellent players of the past never won a slam either. They should have a nice window of opportunity over the next 2-3 years though.

Apoleb
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :hysteric:

That's almost good enough reason for Crapova to win it, but this tournament is Wozniacki's to lose, and she will win a slam. :facepalm:

moby
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM

Wozniacka has a decent shot at a slam, but Radwanska is by no means a shoo in. We can talk when she reaches a slam semi, or play a competitive quarterfinals even.

Apoleb
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Radwanska has a very small outside chance for a slam. Basically, she's not physically strong enough for the "tennis" she plays nor as mentally determined as a pusher should be. She'd just here to annoy everyone.

If she straightened up those things she will have a good chance. There were many instances last year where she was in good position during a match and blew it all. She's not a natural pusher.

LUVMIRZA
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Maria win the title and save Miami plsssss

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:23 PM
congrats Woznaicki / Radwanska on your slam win :worship:

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:25 PM
congrats Aga you are a sure slam winner :worship:

JJ all the way
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Miami is officially tainted

Tennisation
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Miami is officially taintedNo fuckin way, Agnieszka Radwanska Wimbledon Champion 2012

Lucemferre
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:29 PM
This one won't.

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I just don't see Slamwanska happening :facepalm:
Miami :bigwave:

metamorpha
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah, all we can do is just wait and see... :oh:

Vuvurenka
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Radwanska's gonna win a slam soon then, according to history.

young_gunner913
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Okay but Miami was just fine when Vika one in 2009? Give me a fucking break. :lol:

CloudAtlas
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Okay but Miami was just fine when Vika one in 2009? Give me a fucking break. :lol:

Exactly. And she won over headcase Kuznetsova in 3 sets and an injured Serena , so it's not like her run was that much more impressive either. Radwanska has only lost to Azarenka this year so unless she runs into a Williams sister playing well there's no-one on the tour who she's incapable of beating if Vika loses early in a Slam.

starin
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:13 PM
If Radwanksa wins a slam :o

Patrick345
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM
If Radwanksa wins a slam :o

It´s time you all start praying for that Vika Golden Slam. :lol:

Vikapower
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:31 PM

You're a freaking troll and it's really annoying the forum --

When Vika won Miami 2009, she was a junior right ? Beating Serena in a Miami F when you've NEVER made a F of a mandatory beforehand is an accomplishment troll --

Hanctuchova can not say the same when her headcase lost to Rena in Wimbledon 2007 -- hurt Rena is even more dangerous than fully fit Rena, facts --

Plus Kuznetsova was Vika's nemesis, so as Safina she had beat earlier in IW -- Vika was on a roll, remember, fluky lucky Rena needed a miracle to save her arse from defeat in AO 2009, then Victoria won Memphis made SF of IW and F of Miami as a junior schooling peak Rena.

You seriously need to get a life or just keep away from what psychoactive substances that makes you blind from reality.

Nicolás89
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Wait for Wimbledon Aga, Wimbledon :oh:

The Dawntreader
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Well, there was always going to be an exception.

young_gunner913
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:43 PM

You seriously need to get a life or just keep away from what psychoactive substances that makes you blind from reality.

All this coming from you? :rolls: I'm LOVING today. Vikapower's bitterness is just unbeatable. :dance::dance::dance:

zigga
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
I just can't see Radwanska winning a slam. So this reputation of Maimi ends this year.

Vikapower
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:56 PM
All this coming from you? :rolls: I'm LOVING today. Vikapower's bitterness is just unbeatable. :dance::dance::dance:

Yes obviously you was always going to take these parts and water down the rest -- typical from a troll but unsurprising anyways --

Where you read bitterness, I wonder :confused: Serena beat Hantuchova in Wimbledon 2007 on one leg, Victoria denied Serena who seemed hurt but was 70-80% a Miami 2009 with her greater talent ; these are the facts --

Just accept that the gap between the 2 is just as wide as it can be for Victoria -- you've accepted the loss to Wozniacki now even a similar step, Victoria > Rena. Ok ? Now peace.

young_gunner913
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Keep reaching with those crusty, ashy fingers. It's not going to reverse today's result. :lol:

jcon86
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM
No fuckin way, Agnieszka Radwanska Wimbledon Champion 2012

Sorry can't see her winning Wimbledon too many players who can hit her off the court on grass. I think her best chances are at the Australian and French.

Lulu.
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Love Aga but don't see a slam coming anytime soon. You never know though. :shrug:

Tennisation
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Love Aga but don't see a slam coming anytime soon. You never know though. :shrug:That's what I said about Sam Stosur :tape:

Potato
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Radwanska's earlier successes first came on grass court, so I can see her making 4R and QF's there easily. But once she starts meeting big hitters I wonder if she can step up.

Slow hard courts are her best bet methinks.

donellcarey
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:32 PM

When Vika won Miami 2009, she was a junior right ? Beating Serena in a Miami F when you've NEVER made a F of a mandatory beforehand is an accomplishment troll --

Hanctuchova can not say the same when her headcase lost to Rena in Wimbledon 2007 -- hurt Rena is even more dangerous than fully fit Rena, facts --

Plus Kuznetsova was Vika's nemesis, so as Safina she had beat earlier in IW -- Vika was on a roll, remember, fluky lucky Rena needed a miracle to save her arse from defeat in AO 2009, then Victoria won Memphis made SF of IW and F of Miami as a junior schooling peak Rena.

OMG I can't believe ppl still use 2009 final to tell a story:rolleyes::o

If you say things about how great her winning is last year, yes, I agree.

But 2009 final? Give me a break.

Sammo
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well we can say goodbye forever to this :haha:

Lorthos
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Well we can say goodbye forever to this :haha:

Why wouldn't Radwanska win a GS? As long as there's no Vika on the other side, she can beat anyone.

colt13
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:51 PM
Love Aga but don't see a slam coming anytime soon. You never know though. :shrug:

I think she is going to do what Vika did, and that is the gradual ascent. Vika won Miami last year, but had never been past the QF at a slam, same as Aga now. As long as she doesn't meet her sister in a slam draw, she will make a SF this year. Not that I think Aga would lose, but like the US Open last year, she spent so much energy in an early round match, that it hurt her against Kerber.

Vikapower
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:52 PM
OMG I can't believe ppl still use 2009 final to tell a story:rolleyes::o

If you say things about how great her winning is last year, yes, I agree.

But 2009 final? Give me a break.

You Serena fans can try to diminish as much as you want facts are what they are -- Serena IS though to beat injured, hurt, slumping etc.

Just re-watch the match against Wozniacki -- Serena was playing as bad as she can it was still a 4-6 4-6 affair where she even had multiple chances these are facts -- even the match against Makarova, it wasn't even as straightforward as the score-line can indicate.

I'm passing for one of her stans writing all this since her fans believe she's such a rollover even injured.

Victoria was a newbie -- especially considering how also she used to choke/melt etc. in her past big matches (she was on a 4 consecutive F losing streak in MM's (Estoril, Tashkent, Gold Coast, Prague), all of a sudden she's playing to win a slam against Serena 5-6 times champion -- it just happens that when Victoria plays her best (physically, mentally and tennis wise all together), regardless with what Serena comes she'll lose.

Unfortunately after this beautiful period between AO and RG 2009 -- Victoria collapsed a bit or stagnated for about 2 years up to Luxembourg last year which allowed many of her rivals including Serena to take advantage over her.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:53 AM
Aga to win Roland Garros.:oh:

fifty-fifty
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:56 AM
:scared:

Sam L
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:57 AM
Miami is officially tainted

Yes. :sad:

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:07 AM
You Serena fans can try to diminish as much as you want facts are what they are -- Serena IS though to beat injured, hurt, slumping etc.

Just re-watch the match against Wozniacki -- Serena was playing as bad as she can it was still a 4-6 4-6 affair where she even had multiple chances these are facts -- even the match against Makarova, it wasn't even as straightforward as the score-line can indicate.

I'm passing for one of her stans writing all this since her fans believe she's such a rollover even injured.

Victoria was a newbie -- especially considering how also she used to choke/melt etc. in her past big matches (she was on a 4 consecutive F losing streak in MM's (Estoril, Tashkent, Gold Coast, Prague), all of a sudden she's playing to win a slam against Serena 5-6 times champion -- it just happens that when Victoria plays her best (physically, mentally and tennis wise all together), regardless with what Serena comes she'll lose.

Unfortunately after this beautiful period between AO and RG 2009 -- Victoria collapsed a bit or stagnated for about 2 years up to Luxembourg last year which allowed many of her rivals including Serena to take advantage over her.

Your posts are so full of :lol:s they have to be made mandatory reading for all here.

IIRC you were :haha:ing after Serena's defeat to Wozniacki arguing that her ground game is piss poor and she is nothing without a serve. Now that it helps prove your delusional point, you defend her (ion a manner of speaking). The only saving grace is you admit it yourself above.

If VA loses to a better player like Kvitova or SErena, will it be the start of another period of collapse/stagnation in your eyes, to be revived once she is able to seemingly dominate without facing decent opposition except mental midgets and pigeons?

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
Exactly. And she won over headcase Kuznetsova in 3 sets and an injured Serena , so it's not like her run was that much more impressive either. Radwanska has only lost to Azarenka this year so unless she runs into a Williams sister playing well there's no-one on the tour who she's incapable of beating if Vika loses early in a Slam.

Has Kvitty become completely irrelevant now? :sad:

debby
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
I can't wait for the general butthurt when Aga will win a slam. :drool:

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
It was only a matter of time before she started winning the bigger tournaments. People had expectations for her to win slams even when she played her first year on Tour (2005/2006) because of her junior years, and she went on to fullfill.

It's different with Radwanska. This means one of the most prestigious WTA tournaments has been slandered. The moment Radwanska wins a slam, I seriously hope everyone quits so the WTA just dies down and not even us will care anymore.

BlueTrees
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM
If Li, Schiavone, Ivanovic and Stosur can win Slams then Radwanska definitely will :)

vozas
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Azarenka was already beating the likes of Hingis and Sharapova back in 2007, and by 2009 she was challenging Serena Williams...

I agree with everything Desuetude said.

Simugna Help
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Coincidentally Radwanska won matches against Sharapova and Hingis in 2007 and she also won the same number of junior grand slam titles. :shrug:

missvarsha
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM

In terms of winning any given match, no. She can always randomly KKKRRROTTT ! her way to victory.
In terms of putting together a consistent season, yes, Ludmilla is becoming irrelevant because of her seemingly non-existent desire to actually compete.

NeKo
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM

that would be a disaster for this sport. Do you care about WTA?

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Coincidentally Radwanska won matches against Sharapova and Hingis in 2007 and she also won the same number of junior grand slam titles. :shrug:
Difference is that Radwanska's game is completely useless against any competent top player. She is hyped because of the variety in her game, which she refrains from using these days anyhow. I think it was Chris Bradnam who called her "The Little Magician" as if she was the next sweet baby Jesus.....after she managed to avoid a double bagel against Azarenka in IW.

People were/are hyping Azarenka because she was/is apparently Sharapova 2.0, with better defense and movement. Because she seemingly has perfect combination of pace and accuracy in her strokes, etc...

Azarenka has justified her hype to be a slam champion despite countless physical and mental setbacks. Radwanska hasn't done anything bar vulturing her way to Tokyo, Beijing and Miami titles because the players to challenge her there were unfit or too careless to give it their all (Azarenka was injured in their Tokyo semi).

CloudAtlas
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM

How would that be any worse for the sport than most of the stuff going on right now? One of the sports biggest stars Sharapova mentally breaking down in any big finals, having to rely on playing Jankovic and Stosur in finals to actually win them. All real rivalries dying out and turning into horrendous one sided finals in big events which end up being about as exciting as bird watching. Pigeons to be exact. And as someone else mentioned , these days the only thing that seems to get crowds going is actually uniting to cheer against Azarenka.

The #2 player of the year winning a Slam is far from the worst thing that could happen to the tour right now.

Plus Radwanska beat Sharapova when she was ranked #2 and Hingis when she was ranked #6. Azarenka beat Maria when she was ranked #4 and Hingis when she was ranked #17. Ergo Radwanska's wins > Azarenka's wins. Who's supposed to be the vulture again? :lol:

Kvitova is probably the only player who is capable of routing Radwanska, Sharapova and Azarenka even on their respective forms this year, but unfortunately so far her effort towards her career has been lacking so putting faith in her at this stage would be ill-advised.

Simugna Help
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Difference is that Radwanska's game is completely useless against any competent top player. She is hyped because of the variety in her game, which she refrains from using these days anyhow. I think it was Chris Bradnam who called her "The Little Magician" as if she was the next sweet baby Jesus.....after she managed to avoid a double bagel against Azarenka in IW.

People were/are hyping Azarenka because she was/is apparently Sharapova 2.0, with better defense and movement. Because she seemingly has perfect combination of pace and accuracy in her strokes, etc...

Azarenka has justified her hype to be a slam champion despite countless physical and mental setbacks. Radwanska hasn't done anything bar vulturing her way to Tokyo, Beijing and Miami titles because the players to challenge her there were unfit or too careless to give it their all (Azarenka was injured in their Tokyo semi).
I'm not saying Azarenka isn't the better player (0-4 record this year speaks for itself), but as a junior she was also very promising. She's also the second best player this year and trying to negatively spin her victories works against you because you could spin that way every title of every player ever (eg. Azarenka's AO - defeated useless Radwanska in QF, injured Clijsters in SF and mental midget Sharapova in the final - no, I don't that way, just giving you the example).

The point is, Radwanska has become a contender for a Grand Slam title, the Miami field was full with every relevant player playing. Whether she rises to the occasion during a major remains to be seen.

Brad[le]y.
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Beating Hingis in her second career isn't an accomplishment. It just groups you with the likes of Sugiyama, Granville, Razzano, Mirza, Peng, and Hantuchova.

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I'm not saying Azarenka isn't the better player (0-4 record this year speaks for itself), but as a junior she was also very promising. She's also the second best player this year and trying to negatively spin her victories works against you because you could spin that way every title of every player ever (eg. Azarenka's AO - defeated useless Radwanska in QF, injured Clijsters in SF and mental midget Sharapova in the final - no, I don't that way, just giving you the example).

The point is, Radwanska has become a contender for a Grand Slam title, the Miami field was full with every relevant player playing. Whether she rises to the occasion during a major remains to be seen.

:lol: Not a single semi final in her record but she is a contender, I don't know what to say. She is vulturing her way to these titles just like Wozniacki did back in 2010 and 2011. Not gonna happen anything in majors anytime soon.

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Plus Radwanska beat Sharapova when she was ranked #2 and Hingis when she was ranked #6. Azarenka beat Maria when she was ranked #4 and Hingis when she was ranked #17. Ergo Radwanska's wins > Azarenka's wins. Who's supposed to be the vulture again? :lol:
Radwanska beat Sharapova in extremely windy conditions, which Sharapova is notoriously useless in (especially at the US Open; followed it up with losses to Oudin and Pennetta). Azarenka beat her indoors and right before Sharapova displayed really good tennis at the YEC.

Hingis was in her last professional year on Tour in 2007, so both wins should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, Azarenka lost just one game to Hingis after losing the first set.

Using the ranking system to solidify your argument is so shady. :lol: It makes zero sense since Sharapova at her peak at times would show up when she was ranked around #5 and she would play like shit when she was #2 or #1. Same for Hingis, she beat Sharapova and Dementieva to win Tokyo 2006 when she was ranked #117.

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:36 PM

Or alternately, after being owned by more naturally aggressive players over and over again till she took advantage of a piss-easy draw to her first GS semi after years of 'hype' and vultured her way to her first GS title facing a hobbled Clijsters and mental wreck + UE machine Sharapova (who can even fold against former-Quarterenka's pigeon Rad).

The players to challenge (dominate) her, Kvitty, Serena, Li Na (in horrible form for so long but still gave her all she could handle in Sydney playing horribly), Clijsters, there were unfit or too careless to give it their all.

Simugna Help
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:42 PM
:lol: Not a single semi final in her record but she is a contender, I don't know what to say. She is vulturing her way to these titles just like Wozniacki did back in 2010 and 2011. Not gonna happen anything in majors anytime soon.
Nice to see once again admitting that Sharapova is a carcass. :hatoff:

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Radwanska beat Sharapova in extremely windy conditions, which Sharapova is notoriously useless in (especially at the US Open; followed it up with losses to Oudin and Pennetta). Azarenka beat her indoors and right before Sharapova displayed really good tennis at the YEC.

Hingis was in her last professional year on Tour in 2007, so both wins should be taken with a grain of salt. Still, Azarenka lost just one game to Hingis after losing the first set.

Using the ranking system to solidify your argument is so shady. :lol: It makes zero sense since Sharapova at her peak at times would show up when she was ranked around #5 and she would play like shit when she was #2 or #1. Same for Hingis, she beat Sharapova and Dementieva to win Tokyo 2006 when she was ranked #117.

Don't want to discredit Vika here but her win over Maria in Moscow should also be taken with a grain of salt, Maria blew a 5-3 lead (40-0) she was everywhere except on the court that day beside we all know Maria is playing really bad in Moscow, Azarenka hung pretty damn well out there that day but Maria really helped her.

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Nice to see once again admitting that Sharapova is a carcass. :hatoff:

Carcass in finals I can't deny that :lol: anyway just be happy she is giving some titles to your crappy fave cause it's not gonna last.

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Or alternately, after being owned by more naturally aggressive players over and over again till she took advantage of a piss-easy draw to her first GS semi after years of 'hype' and vultured her way to her first GS title facing a hobbled Clijsters and mental wreck + UE machine Sharapova (who can even fold against former-Quarterenka's pigeon Rad).
Such a myth. Facing Hantuchova in the 3rd round of gras slam after she had just beaten Li and Venus the previous week is not a piss-easy draw, Hantuchova was one fo the toughest 3rd round opponents you could have drawn at the time. The rest of her draw was soft, I admit.

Clijsters was doing her splits THROUGHOUT that match and didn't look hindered by her injury then nor when she straight-setted Wozniacki in the previous round. Hobbled, my ass. Sharapova has been a joke in finals lately, no denying but she started off extremely well in that match so Azarenka had to produce good tennis to get rid of her nervosity and get the lead in the first place. After that happened, Sharapova vanished. You can hardly vulture your way to a slam title, since every top player is trying their hardest to win. Contrary to that raggedy Asian swing where every top players falls out with injuries or fear of radiation left-overs.

BlueTrees
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM

She's lifted her level of play remarkably since the US Open last year. So in that time frame she's played one Grand Slam and she lost to the eventual champion and world number one in three sets. Bye.

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:52 PM
The similarities are uncanny TBH. Main difference is that Radwanska hasn't reached a slam semifinal yet.

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:53 PM
She's lifted her level of play remarkably since the US Open last year. So in that time frame she's played one Grand Slam and she lost to the eventual champion and world number one in three sets. Bye.

Except that Vika was not N1 when she defeated Aga, Vika as N1 beat her 2 and 4 in Doha (should have been 2 and 2) and and 0 and 2 in IW (should have been 0 and 0).:wavey:

Simugna Help
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Carcass in finals I can't deny that :lol: anyway just be happy she is giving some titles to your crappy fave cause it's not gonna last.

I agree that Sharapova reaching too many finals anymore is unlikely.

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I agree that Sharapova reaching too many finals anymore is unlikely.

Yeah Yeah, you keep saying this since last year.:yawn:

CloudAtlas
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM

You're making excuses again. One can easily say there's a difference in Maria's motivation levels between the US Open and Moscow , especially pre-inury and so irregardless you cannot make much of her losses to Aga and Vika that year. Aga actually had a better 2007 overall , winning more matches , finishing the year ranked higher and beating more top 10 players. So even if there was the illusion of Vika being vastly superior it certainly did not materialise that year in terms of her results.

CloudAtlas
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:07 PM

She's played one Slam since her good run started. Wasn't Vika also ranked #4 with a Miami title and no Slam semis? Azarenka apologists seem to have such short term memories. Oh sorry , I forgot her 'big 4' win over an in-form Cljsters who almost lost to Martinez Sanchez and Ivanovic, and her Marbella title. Soooooo much better than Aga :worship:

doomsday
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
And Sharapova lost to Vika when she was "not number one" 6-3 6-0 so I guess things aren't looking too great for your precious Masha :awww: :wavey:

Well she won't play Vika in every final and she won 2 more games when Vika was N1 I know that's still pathetic but that's all we got atm :lol: we'll see during clay season but it's obvious that she needs to work even more or choke even less to compete against Vika.

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:28 PM
You're making excuses again. One can easily say there's a difference in Maria's motivation levels between the US Open and Moscow , especially pre-inury and so irregardless you cannot make much of her losses to Aga and Vika that year. Aga actually had a better 2007 overall , winning more matches , finishing the year ranked higher and beating more top 10 players. So even if there was the illusion of Vika being vastly superior it certainly did not materialise that year in terms of her results.
I'm not making excuses, I'm just stating the obvious. Or is Sharapova not notoriously bad in windy conditions?

Yes you can make something of those losses. Both of them beat Sharapova fair and square, I'm just stating the context in which they beat them. Radwanska beat her in windy conditions, Azarenka beat her indoors where conditions don't have an effect on play and where Sharapova is normally at her best AND Moscow was right before Sharapova played really good tennis in the YEC. (Granted in both losses Sharapova was wearing shoulder tape which hints at injury rehab.)

This discussion about both players challenging Sharapova and Hingis in their first years on Tour is only a small part of what was going on before TBH. Azarenka is vastly superior for a few years now, is a slam contender and has responded to her hype with results. Radwanska has no results at a grand slam to justify the hype that surrounded her ("the new Hingis" and what else).

Corswandt
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Or is Sharapova not notoriously bad in windy conditions?

With a lone exception: 2006 Native American Wells final.

Simugna Help
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
She's played one Slam since her good run started. Wasn't Vika also ranked #4 with a Miami title and no Slam semis? Azarenka apologists seem to have such short term memories. Oh sorry , I forgot her 'big 4' win over an in-form Cljsters who almost lost to Martinez Sanchez and Ivanovic, and her Marbella title. Soooooo much better than Aga :worship:
It's ancient history anyway and doesn't matter. More importantly Azarenka has had the better career later on, particularly the last quarter. Still, not acknowledging Radwanska as a top player and a slam contender is just :tape:

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Since her good run started? She had a pretty good run pre-USO winning San Diego and going deep in the other events and flopped like Britney Spears singing live in the second round at the grand slam where it all led up to.

Azarenka would have had a fair amount of slam semis if it wasn't for Serena Williams. When has Radwanska ever faced her in a slam? I vaguely remember them meeting in Wimbledon and she lost like 6-1 6-4 IIRC. Azarenka was up 6-4 4-0 on Serena at a slam, won the first set against Serena at a slam before having to retire, and now that we're at it, she was also up a break on Serena in Wimbledon 2009 when Serena was serving and hitting her groundstrokes like her opponents were gun fodder.

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
With a lone exception: 2006 Native American Wells final.
Because she played Dementieva's gun fodder serve in the final. :lol: Plus Martha's serve was surprisingly good that whole tournament, considering she had a right pectoral strain that nearly made her miss the AO.

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Azarenka would have had a fair amount of slam semis if it wasn't for Serena Williams. When has Radwanska ever faced her in a slam? I vaguely remember them meeting in Wimbledon and she lost like 6-1 6-4 IIRC. Azarenka was up 6-4 4-0 on Serena at a slam, won the first set against Serena at a slam before having to retire, and now that we're at it, she was also up a break on Serena in Wimbledon 2009 when Serena was serving and hitting her groundstrokes like her opponents were gun fodder.

:spit: ok... 2009 AO, she would have faced Kuzzy in the QF, who she had never beaten before. Anyway, she was down in the 2nd set when she retired. 2010 AO I will give you, though once Serena turned it on at 0-4, the match was NID.

:haha: at you citing being up a break in a match lost 6-2, 6-3 as a sign of a potential win.

Radwanska has only faced SErena twice. Want to cry a river over Aza's draws? Go on :kiss:, fact remains she was not good enough to beat her. Even her very best form in at least 3 of her matches still was dismissed.

In fact, one could make an argument that Radwanska would have made a slam semi earlier than Azarenka (using the 'if not for Serena' argument), because she was 1 match away from doing it at 2008 W. Az's first real chances were much later (2008 AO, she was 3 matches away from a semi).

Break My Rapture
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:11 PM
:spit: ok... 2009 AO, she would have faced Kuzzy in the QF, who she had never beaten before. Anyway, she was down in the 2nd set when she retired. 2010 AO I will give you, though once Serena turned it on at 0-4, the match was NID.

:haha: at you citing being up a break in a match lost 6-2, 6-3 as a sign of a potential win.

Radwanska has only faced SErena twice. Want to cry a river over Aza's draws? Go on :kiss:, fact remains she was not good enough to beat her. Even her very best form in at least 3 of her matches still was dismissed.

In fact, one could make an argument that Radwanska would have made a slam semi earlier than Azarenka (using the 'if not for Serena' argument), because she was 1 match away from doing it at 2008 W. Az's first real chances were much later (2008 AO, she was 3 matches away from a semi).
She beat Kuznetsova later on in Miami. I just cited that break lead for shits and giggles, you know "now that we're at it".

She wasn't good enough to beat Serena, but she at least challenged her contrary to Radwanska. Radwanska was already in the top 20 after a couple of tournaments in '08 and was playing top players more than Azarenka was at that point. Azarenka was injured somewhere in the opening months of 2008 and only cracked the top 20 in the middle of the season, therefore had less chance to play players like Serena. That is why Azarenka's first real chances came much later and Radwanska was the first to be able to reach a GS semi, according to your 'if not for Serena' argument. Radwanska pretty much stagnated at the same level from 2008 to 2010 while Azarenka was able to improve every year, I'd rather take the latter.

CloudAtlas
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Since her good run started? She had a pretty good run pre-USO winning San Diego and going deep in the other events and flopped like Britney Spears singing live in the second round at the grand slam where it all led up to.

It doesn't matter. Modal verbs are pointless in tennis especially considering that Serena *isn't* that terrible a match-up for Azarenka compared to other players. If she was up 6-4 4-0 then surely that shows she is capable of beating Serena and just failed to do so in the end? And Neuza Silva won more games than Azarenka did against Serena that year so not sure what the relevance of that one break lead is. You can make that argument for anyone, even Radwanska considering that she has also played Kuznetsova at RG '09, Williams 2 years running at Wimbledon, Clijsters at the AO, Azarenka herself when in QF's/4R's e.t.c.

There's no denying that Azarenka's Slam results even before her Slam semi were better than Radwanska's and she has had fewer WTF losses. But the gap isn't that huge, and the issue I have is with Radwanska's lack of semi-finals being treated like it is entirely different from Vika's situation. Given Radwanska's form it's inevitable she'll reach one at some point, just like Vika did so the comments are just going to look silly when she does do that.

Brad[le]y.
Apr 5th, 2012, 04:09 AM

:hearts:

you don't post here enough any more :tears:

starin
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:24 PM
Aga gets crushed by a former champion on the decline. :tape:
Not looking good for her to keep the streak alive.

MaBaker
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
And she will never win one.

Queenpova
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM
who cares she is the fan favourite.

madmax
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Maria...:facepalm:
I still can't grasp how she gifted that title

Simugna Help
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Vika won Miami in 2009, reached her first GS SF over 2 years later and won only slam (so far) almost 3 years later. Stay pressed. :zzz:

Traitor
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Wozniacki and Radwanska,there's a reason why they are BFFLS.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Its all Maria's fault:o But mockery aside, I'm sure Radwanska will have a chance when she gets a cakewalk draw and meets Cake in the final;)

starin
Jul 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
So close but 5 time Queen of Miami Prevails!!

Break My Rapture
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:50 PM

Nicolás89
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Well some take 2 years to get to their first semis & a year more to win a slam after they win Miami, Aga is much closer to that goal after 4 months. :shrug:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Aga is going to get hers just like Vika :sobbing:

Marcus1979
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Well some take 2 years to get to their first semis & a year more to win a slam after they win Miami, Aga is much closer to that goal after 4 months. :shrug:

some won miami after their first Slam Final appearance

Simugna Help
Jul 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
some won miami after their first Slam Final appearance

He referred to Vuvurenka.

debby
Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Will starin edit the OP for the second time? :spit:

I really hope Aga will keep this Miami tradition going strong ! :bounce:

EDIT : aselto banned??? noooooooo :sobbing:

Eldest
Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
She will win more than one.

Warrior
Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
Oh no! Anyone but her! :fiery:

SAISAI-GOAT
Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Aga to win Wimbledon 2013 :cheer:

starin
Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
:cheer: you can do it Aga :cheer:

:secret: please lose to Bartoli in the final though

MegaDethly
Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Venus has won Miami three times, not twice.

LUVMIRZA
Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Aga is going to get hers just like Vika :sobbing:

Comparing this joke Slam to Vika's wins. Wat a bitch:smash:

LUVMIRZA
Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Its all Maria's fault:o But mockery aside, I'm sure Radwanska will have a chance when she gets a cakewalk draw and meets Cake in the final;)

Oh my:eek: Is this gonna happen:spit:

Marcus1979
Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Vika won Miami in 2009, reached her first GS SF over 2 years later and won only slam (so far) almost 3 years later. Stay pressed. :zzz:

Venus won Miami for first time in 1998 and won her first major in wimbledon 2000 nearly 2.5 years later.

Miami has had a mixture of players who have won slams and players who had not won slams yet in its history of champions at the time of winning Miami.

Clijsters is another in 2005 she was not a slam champion at the time of the Miami Title.

Wiggly
Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:17 PM
No pressure, Aga.

MichaelN
Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:25 PM
By Sunday, every single Miami champion will have won a slam:)

Simugna Help
Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:30 PM

Or not. Temper your expectations.

MichaelN
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:14 PM
Or not. Temper your expectations.

I did this before Aga and Vika played and my wishes were granted. I hope that if I continue my usual routine, Aggie can win this:) I always hope for the best:)

rafa52
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:18 PM
It's definitely a realistic possibility. I can't see how saying Radwanska is a conteder for the title is anything outrageous.

DOUBLEFIST
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
So what?

I think it's a fair/interesting "factoid."

I think it implies the logic caliber of the player that wins Miami is a Slam Champion player and therefore Aga "should" win slams. ...OR, it begs the question of what is so different about her that, while being in the company of slam champions via Miami wins, keeps her from actually winning a slam?

That's an interesting question to me. :shrug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
No pressure, Aga.

Pleae, nobody tweet this fact to her before tonights match. She doesn't need anymore pressure on her mind :p

NeKo
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:26 PM

Damn. I used to be so mean. :sobbing:. I don't have the same sentiment, but I think Li Na is going to win this.

GameSetJJ
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:26 PM
girl you need to NOT count your chickens before they hatch

http://25.media.tumblr.com/46b8844b3e79150431bb132ee7a0428c/tumblr_mf0pt8K0Hf1r3ty02o1_500.gif

faboozadoo15
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Cibulkova then Li/Bouchard.

Opportunities don't come bigger than this. I'd have no problem with her winning (not that it matters) as long as she keeps going like she did against Azarenka. That was good stuff.

Harry.
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
:spit: Epic bump.

Pump-it-UP
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:51 AM
:tape:

Potato
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:52 AM

:worship:

Standard
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:53 AM

Normally, I would say 'well, that's what you get.' but you support Vika as well so I won't say it.
I think Aga was lethargic today but even if she wasn't, Pome looked excellent.

Mynarco
Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:00 AM

:haha:

LUVMIRZA
Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:35 AM
I still think she'll win a Slam with in next 2 years. That Wimbledon was the best chance she ever had..hmmm. Hope she doesnt lose her hunger for slams after this loss!!

Panther24
Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:40 AM

:shrug:

http://i.imgur.com/I3BQzbt.gif

Helen Lawson
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
I blame Sharapova.

madmax
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
apparently this theory is quite flawed lol

Marcus1979
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
it was a trend until Aga came along :shout:

Sam L
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well, Miami is 5th slam so it is true. :shrug:

Panther24
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
I blame Sharapova.

I will NEVER forgive Maria for that.

brickhousesupporter
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
The Miami prophecy can still come true....

Miracle Worker
Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:15 PM

Epic.

Juju Nostalgique
Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:27 PM
:awww:

claypova
Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:28 PM
I blame Sharapova.

:sobbing:

danieln1
Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:42 PM
:facepalm:

pov
Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
I blame Sharapova.

:lol: Deservedly. Out of the five Miami finals she's been in that's the one I think was on her racket.

MMJSL
Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
It took Vika a couple of years.

I hope Aga can win a slam and keep up the tradition.

iWill
Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
:lol: Deservedly. Out of the five Miami finals she's been in that's the one I think was on her racket.

:lol: The way the commentators totally wrote Aga off during the warmup for that match was disgusting. I was so happy she shut them all up and won Miami

King Halep
Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:22 PM

:hug:

charmedRic
Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:24 PM
#predictionfail

BadgerM
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:04 PM
Poor Aga :hugs:. I was hoping you would do it after that QF (and I was LIVID after that Miami final). Just save your first slam for Wimbledon I guess.

King Halep
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
It would be so sweet if Caroline and Radwanska could play a slam final for their first title

Panther24
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
It would be so sweet if Caroline and Radwanska could play a slam final for their first title

Doubles Forum.

King Halep
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
:lol: