PDA

View Full Version : Did Mary Carillo say that Sharapova beat Serena in the AO final?

mdterp01
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Match was only 10 minutes old and that heifa was spreading lies already!! It was Ivanovic she beat in the final, right?

Dominika23
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
yeah she did i got lost too

Temperenka
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah. And the other doof said that Vika won Miami, Stanford, and Moscow last year.

What a bunch of clowns.

ExXotikal
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Is that bitch fo real?

http://i52.tinypic.com/18gk0j.gif

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
she beat her in a w final, even better.

Turnip
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Carillo just said that the reason Sharapova hasn't been dominant after her injury as quickly as Clijsters & Henin after their returns from RETIREMENT is: "Kim and Justine are better athletes than Maria"

Then she talked about how Serena and Venus always come back from injuries because they're just better athletes and fighters and Maria hasn't shown that.

ROFL so glad she's gone from ESPN

Bijoux0021
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Carillo just said that the reason Sharapova hasn't been dominant after her injury as quickly as Clijsters & Henin after their returns from RETIREMENT is: "Kim and Justine are better athletes than Maria"

Then she talked about how Serena and Venus always come back from injuries because they're just better athletes and fighters and Maria hasn't shown that.

Too bad she's still commenting on tennis at all. :sad:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
I can tell you that I did not miss Mary's "expert analysis". She can't even keep simple facts straight......why is she there. I kow it is not about technique, because her game was as clumsy and technically unsound as they get.

V's a star
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM

Is there something wrong with those statements? :unsure:

V's a star
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:50 PM
But yes the American commentators never have their facts straight.... Anything new?

starin
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM

why is she so dumb? is it deliberate?
Sharapova had a shoulder injury and surgery which has ended many careers.

Turnip
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Is there something wrong with those statements? :unsure:

She's comparing retirement/giving birth to shoulder surgery. Yes it takes athleticism and determination to come back from both, but there are shoulder injuries that have ruined careers regardless of that person's athleticism or character. And I think we all know Sharapova has fight.

darrinbaker00
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
It's nice to know that we have so many people on this board who have never, EVER, misspoken, NOT EVEN ONCE, in their lives. :yeah:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
It's nice to know that we have so many people on this board who have never, EVER, misspoken, NOT EVEN ONCE, in their lives. :yeah:
Does that high horse you ride ever get tired. You know damn well, Mary's commentaries are full of gaffes.:rolleyes:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
I heard that and just rolled my eyes. Bitch, keep Serena's name out ya mouth!

Slammer7
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
I can tell you that I did not miss Mary's "expert analysis". She can't even keep simple facts straight......why is she there. I kow it is not about technique, because her game was as clumsy and technically unsound as they get.

Maybe she has incriminating pictures of the Presidents of CBS and NBC. :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA

you mean the same carillo that people acted like she was this expert? experts don't get those BASIC facts wrong

Craig.
Close this fucking thread.

V's a star
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:33 PM
She's comparing retirement/giving birth to shoulder surgery. Yes it takes athleticism and determination to come back from both, but there are shoulder injuries that have ruined careers regardless of that person's athleticism or character. And I think we all know Sharapova has fight.

Many injuries can be like that wrist knee etc this excuse needs to end. Her simple point was the sisters and Belgians have had maybe an easier time returning to tour and form because they are more athletic and have power aswell unlike Maria... How can anyone argue that?

Sp!ffy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Match was only 10 minutes old and that heifa was spreading lies already!! It was Ivanovic she beat in the final, right?

You hardly even know yourself. :happy:

Slammer7
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM

I don' think too many people on this board get payed 6 figures to commentate on national television. :shrug: Commentators in other sports don't get those kinds of facts wrong as often as Mary. :shrug:

darrinbaker00
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Does that high horse you ride ever get tired.

No, it doesn't. ;)

BlameSerena
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Same old Mary.

Vlover
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Obviously for Carillo you need to beat Serena or Venus in order to validate your wins!:lol: I strongly doubt she can call a women's match without mentioning the Sisters even when they are not playing.

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:22 PM
LOL I thought I was hearing things too, but I guess not.

She was talking about Maria great run at the AO and how she won without dropping a set, beating Serena in final.

Foxy

edificio
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
LOL I thought I was hearing things too, but I guess not.

She was talking about Maria great run at the AO and how she won without dropping a set, beating Serena in final.

Foxy

If this is what she said, she's a blithering idiot with memory loss. So no one in the booth corrected her? To think this is who is instructing CBS' audience about tennis... :help: :tape:

Glad I didn't watch the match on CBS.

You misspeak, then you correct yourself or are corrected. Sounds like neither happened. Also, the rest of us are not being paid for our expertise. She is. Unfortunately, her expertise seems to have disappeared.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
I heard her silly ass say that. I almost dropped my coffee. She didn't misspeak, that was some deliberate ish. MC will talk up her girl even if she has to exaggerate.

There were two reasons I watched most of that match on mute. The chorus of the howler monkeys and Mary Carillo.

égalité
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM

So many people on the board don't make a living out of being authorities on tennis. :weirdo:

p.s. the smug satisfaction you get out of constantly posting shit like this is pretty pathetic.

Sp!ffy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
If this is what she said, she's a blithering idiot with memory loss. So no one in the booth corrected her? To think this is who is instructing CBS' audience about tennis... :help: :tape:

Now millions of people know that Maria thrashed Serena in two finals..:drool:

edificio
Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Now millions of people know that Maria thrashed Serena in two finals..:drool:

If they had millions in the audience for this final I will be very surprised. But, yeah, unless they all turned down the sound due to the high-pitched grunting.

guyinsf
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
I heard that and just rolled my eyes. Bitch, keep Serena's name out ya mouth!

This the same shit from you guys when it comes to Mary and the Williams sisters!
If she says someone about them that you don't agree with then she's a racist or out of line, but if she mentions them at all, even in positive terms, then you guys are still bitching. I just don't get it. Frankly I have no problem with Mary at all and I have been enjoying her commentary for years now! Also what she's said about Sharapova lacking the athleticism that Henin, Clisters and the Williams is totally true! She never said that Sharapova isn't as good as them she just said that she's not as athletic and that's totally correct! Maria simply doesn't have the speed and agility that the other 4 have. I don't understand what anyone's problem is with that statement from Mary.

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
This the same shit from you guys when it comes to Mary and the Williams sisters!
If she says someone about them that you don't agree with then she's a racist or out of line, but if she mentions them at all, even in positive terms, then you guys are still bitching. I just don't get it. Frankly I have no problem with Mary at all and I have been enjoying her commentary for years now! Also what she's said about Sharapova lacking the athleticism that Henin, Clisters and the Williams is totally true! She never said that Sharapova isn't as good as them she just said that she's not as athletic and that's totally correct! Maria simply doesn't have the speed and agility that the other 4 have. I don't understand what anyone's problem is with that statement from Mary.

Jeez why don't you read the thread title before going on your rant?! Especially with regards to this. The issue was Mary provided wrong facts on National TV and did nothing to correct her mistake. Something she should have realized the minute it left her mouth considering tennis viewers immediately picked it up. Also the fact that no one in the booth or the studio made any attempt to correct her someone with little or no tennis knowledge could be running around with incorrect facts.

Yes she also made the statement you choose to focus on, but that it not what this thread was even about.

Foxy