PDA

View Full Version : Miami Final: WWW - Maria Sharapova vs Victoria Azarenka?

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:17 AM
H2H - 2:2

Close one to call!

Nico_E
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:20 AM
cannot wait till Azarenka lays her out

Sharapova facing someone for once that wont choke

oleada
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:21 AM

"won't choke" and Vika in the same sentence :spit:

Anyway, I like this final. But I hope Vika wins. :angel:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:22 AM
The facepalm is on hold - Vika's winning this in 2.

TheBoiledEgg
serving an issue for both
Vika's returns are alot better so thats gonna put more pressure on Masha's serve.

FoxyliciousKhat
Like most so far I voted Pova in three

Foxy

saul1333
Administer the pain Vika :)

Starts tourney with 3 three setters..ends with 3 beat downs :hearts:

Belmont Lad
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Craig.
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Yet another final Maria will lose unfortunately :sad: Prove me wrong Masha!

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:24 AM
serving an issue for both
Vika's returns are alot better so thats gonna put more pressure on Masha's serve.

Not really. And Masha from set 2 and 3 >= Vika.

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

:spit: IKR

Shafanovic.
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM

:lol:

Sharapowerr
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM
Sharapova owns Azarenka in everything except movement

Shafanovic.
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:28 AM
If they both play their best it could be a very interesting match.

It could also be VERY one sided. :hysteric:

Milito22
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:28 AM
Vamos Vika!!!

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM

Return, volleys, forehand...

hurricanejeanne
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM
This is such a curious match up, technically, Maria does everything a bit better than Vika, but both have had to fight tooth and nail at different stages in this tournament. Experience wise, Maria has the advantage. But my heart is with Vika and her ever present fuckery.

Either way, tennis wins in this final. Haters be damned!

AjdeNate!
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:37 AM
I don't know who will win this, but I do know for sure my ears will be losing.

Nico_E
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:40 AM
when Sharapova loses will she come out with one of her patented "its life, it will make you stronger what i'm going through" self pity interview Mantra :lol:

on unrelated note remember 2006 US Open puke fest "give me the money, oh the kids, i just love the children" :spit:

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:41 AM
This is such a curious match up, technically, Maria does everything a bit better than Vika, but both have had to fight tooth and nail at different stages in this tournament. Experience wise, Maria has the advantage. But my heart is with Vika and her ever present fuckery.

Either way, tennis wins in this final. Haters be damned!

I agree, problem is she doesn't show up half the time and we have that pooey version stinking up the court. Hopefully if the form doesn't show up, the fight at least does.

And yeah tennis wins.

Albireo
Should've been a fifth option: "Earplug manufacturers"

Vikapower
Who cares who can do better things than the other or not !!!?? We have 2 great unique talents going to face up for the 5th slam and most prestigeous event of all both in their registry...

Vika the persistent and consistent power-hitter vs. Maria the ultimate shotmaker... this will be an EPIC for the WTA... in the Beijing display both girls were going at each other with brilliance... so we can have an incredible match.

I'll go with Maria in 3... only because Maria will win Miami for the first time... but otherwise it's a heartbreaker. :crying2:

tennis-insomniac
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:42 AM
http://www.prodragusa.com/dealer%20images/If%20It%27s%20Too%20Loud%20T.jpg

dynamoRockstarr
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:44 AM
hopefully Maria shows the clone who's boss.

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:44 AM
when Sharapova loses will she come out with one of her patented "its life, it will make you stronger what i'm going through" self pity interview Mantra :lol:

on unrelated note remember 2006 US Open puke fest "give me the money, oh the kids, i just love the children" :spit:

you are giving me so much life right now! :happy: :hysteric:

I've been dying to use that expression. :lol:

tsmile789
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:52 AM
Wow shreik fest...the grunt of both of them will kill the audience!!! Lolzzz

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:54 AM
The blonde Nike girl using a Head racquet who shrieks and grunts loudly will win.

lefty24
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:58 AM
The blonde Nike girl using a Head racquet who shrieks and grunts loudly will win.

Really? Cause I think it's going to be the tall, slavic, beautiful one.

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:24 AM

Oh you mean the 'ballbasher' with Belorussian descent who bagelled their opponent in the SF? Right-o.

mboyle
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:30 AM

Volleys are fair. I think you need to see Peak Sharapova tape in reference to forehand/return. Sharapova is better in both departments at her peak. Basically, if Peak Masha is really back, it will show up in a win on Saturday. She's better than everyone not named Serena or Venus Williams when she's at her best (and I'd argue she could give Venus a run for her money if both were in peak form and not on Centre Court, Wimbledon.)

danieln1
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:32 AM
A french player said that "people should wear earplugs" when Maria faces Vika

I wont, i love shriekers!!!!!!

Hopefully Maria in three sets to definetely be back!!!

Rafito.
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:33 AM
Best final ever :sobbing: Go Maria please win. It's going to be so tough considering Vika has stepped up since the earlier rounds.

Stern
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:39 AM
I don't see Sharapova lose to Aza again in such big event, Sharapova in 2.

Bonfire
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:59 AM
well well well...TF majority seems to get the final they have been waiting for! No clue who will win but hope it's a good final.

Dominic
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM

Maria playing anywhere near her best easily has a better forehand and return than Azarenka.

peanuts
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:09 AM
Two players I like in the final. I love it. :hearts:

I'd be happy whoever wins but I'd give the edge to Vika. It's been a while since Masha has won a final and the court seem to suit Vika's game more than Masha's.

JJ all the way
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:10 AM
Maria turns it up for finals (except against Serena) - she will show who's boss

PatrickRyan
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM
Vic 64 62

Inger67
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:29 AM
Either way, I am happy that someone named other than Clijsters or Wozniacki will win a big title. :D

I'm fine with either of them, both of them looking to get back to their older selves.

Shivank17
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:33 AM
I again feel Maria will get this. :p
Vika be happy with Stanford pls :) ,Miami is for Maria.:cool:
Go Maria! :cheer:

nevetssllim
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:35 AM
Hopefully Maria.

Protoss
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
Sharapova has to be the more aggressive player out there in order to win.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:51 AM
Please, please Masha win it :sobbing:

Vartan
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:02 AM

Oh you mean the 'ballbasher' with Belorussian descent who bagelled their opponent in the SF? Right-o.

:happy:

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Too bad Vika couldnt play against Caro in IW. I think that would have been the match of IW
Its good to have Maria back in a Premier final.
I expect Vika to win her 2nd Miami
Then off to clay, and neither wins any Premiers.

Stonerpova
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:07 AM
I feel like Sharapova won't let this one go. She loves a challenge, and she loves the big stage. I voted for Maria in 3, but if she can get off to a good start she could pull this off in straights. Fight on, Mash.

Temperenka
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:08 AM
So happy with this final!

Should be a good match. Knowing them both, one will blow it and it will be a crap error-fest. hope not though.

Rooting for Snickers :) But good luck to both!

tea
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:11 AM
Loving to see new names in the finals.

Rooting slightly more for Masha, but think Vika will win.

Sp!ffy
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:11 AM
I will die if Masha has a losing H2H against Vika. :sobbing:

Shadowcat
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM
Go Vika! Please win this one! Demolish Masha! You can do it! I'll be rooting on you! :cheer:

Good luck and all the best! Hope this is an exciting final to look forward too!

kimgurl
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:45 AM
whatever i still go 4 sharapova!!

moby
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hopefully Maria beats "another girl (who) is from Belarus" and ushers in the return of the Golden Era.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Amazing final for an amazing tournament :yeah:.

Hopefully Maria gets more motivated to win this big tittle here and plays well, others wise I see Vika getting her second one here :shrug:

ampers&
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:02 AM
WIN Maria. I really want this one for you.

Stamp Paid
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Damn, didn't expect Vika to beat Zvonareva.
I think I can finally just root for a tough, entertaining 3 set battle.
I'm annoyed that this will give vikapower so much life though. :lol:

Safe-From-Harm
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:33 AM
I am not sure I want to watch(hear) this one.

QuietPlease
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:34 AM
I think the winner will be Vika in two.
I know it will be loud! :lol:

QuietPlease
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:37 AM
So happy with this final!

Should be a good match. Knowing them both, one will blow it and it will be a crap error-fest. hope not though.

Rooting for Snickers :) But good luck to both!

Enlighten me please, why is Vika called Snickers?

Vartan
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:51 AM
:secret: she munches on coke and snickers like there is no tomorrow.

QuietPlease
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
:secret: she munches on coke and snickers like there is no tomorrow.

Oh, I see!

http://uniquerebelism.blogg.se/images/2010/snickers_0_79822302.jpg

Kworb
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:22 AM
e8wJbA4BIR8

claypova
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM

:hysteric:

Masha in 3 :cheer:

Mixal
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking Vika will win this one easily :o

Patrick345
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm thinking Vika will win this one easily :o

Bingo.

doomsday
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
My 2 girls in the final:hearts: won't be that pissed if Vika wins but I would prefer Maria to win.
Just give us an amazing grunting final:bounce::lol:

The 2nd Law
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Gonna go for Maria, but I don't really care :hearts:

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Something tells me Maria is going to be in Killerpova mode. I hope so!

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Something tells me Maria is going to be in Killerpova mode. I hope so!

Were those your bones, cause If so I'm gonna start celebrating from now :lol:

Sharapovian
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hoping Maria will, but even if she doesn't great tournament for her. :yeah:

bandabou
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:33 AM
Major chance for both players to get back in the mix of being relevant again. Who needs this more? Sharapova or Azarenka? Hmmm...

madmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Too bad Vika couldnt play against Caro in IW. I think that would have been the match of IW
Its good to have Maria back in a Premier final.
I expect Vika to win her 2nd Miami
Then off to clay, and neither wins any Premiers.

:facepalm:
Still so bitter

Talula
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
I love comebacks and seeing great champions back at the top so would love to see Maria win. But I also like Vika. So may the best player on the day win. As for who that will be, I cant call it!

John.
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Maria

SVK
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Azarenka is serving very well in this tournament, and if Masha will play like against Petkovic in last two sets it might be interesting drama:p

vozas
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
I love both of them. I still have high hopes for Vika Slam wise, I'm pretty she has one in there. Out of the new generation of Wozniackis and Radwanskas I've always said she'll be the first to win a slam. She just needs to kill that drama queen inside of her.

Still, did you guys notice Maria's reaction after beating Petkovic? She was SO pumped it was scary. I do believe the Dulgheru match was the final wake up call to Maria. Things could be finally interesting this year.

If Masha serves like she did during the 2nd and 3rd sets she'll take this in two. Plus, she lost her last match, she'll want revenge. God knows she has the game to blow Vika off the court.

I'm going with Maria in 2. It's time to make the comeback official after 2 friggin years.

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Were those your bones, cause If so I'm gonna start celebrating from now :lol:

Haha. Yep!

BepaMaria
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Sharapova to take out the trash in straights. This match will be a bye to the title for her.

DownInAHole
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:28 AM
If Maria serves well and limits her double faults she can win this but I don't think that will happen so I pick Viktoria to win this in two relatively easy sets.

Whoever wins this it should give them a huge mental boost. Neither player has been in a final this big for quite a while, it's a little unfortunate that the clay season is up next as it may be difficult for the winner to keep the momentum of a win going.

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
Masha in 2. She's HUNGRY for that title! :drool:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Sharapova, comparatively, has had a very easy run to the finals so its still hard to judge her level whereas Vika had to beat world #2 and #3 to get to the finals. Would be interesting if this turns out to be another Stanford-like final.

freeandlonely
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Finally a solid match-up. It could suck, I hope it won't.
This will be the first match I watch live since AO.

M-K
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:44 AM
I can't wait for this match!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

I don't care who of the two wins, as they are both my favorites, but I feel like Azarenka has the slight edge right now.

Daniel
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Vika in 2 sets

TheHangover
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM

Azarenka-Pennetta two months ago

Hian
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM
BepaMaria :lol: :hug:
Great final. I hope Vika will win this, but even Masha's win will make me happy ;)

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:36 AM
I love both of them. I still have high hopes for Vika Slam wise, I'm pretty she has one in there. Out of the new generation of Wozniackis and Radwanskas I've always said she'll be the first to win a slam. She just needs to kill that drama queen inside of her.

Still, did you guys notice Maria's reaction after beating Petkovic? She was SO pumped it was scary. I do believe the Dulgheru match was the final wake up call to Maria. Things could be finally interesting this year.

If Masha serves like she did during the 2nd and 3rd sets she'll take this in two. Plus, she lost her last match, she'll want revenge. God knows she has the game to blow Vika off the court.

I'm going with Maria in 2. It's time to make the comeback official after 2 friggin years.

I don't think so, I think Mashed Potatoes is gonna continue her errorpova ways, but ZOMGGG can you imagine if this was true :drool::drool::drool:

Crux Squall
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:47 AM
IMO

3set --> 75%maria,
25% Vika
2set --> 50% maria, 50% vika

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Damn, didn't expect Vika to beat Zvonareva.
I think I can finally just root for a tough, entertaining 3 set battle.
I'm annoyed that this will give vikapower so much life though. :lol:

A very small part of me wanted Bepa to take out both of my girls just to avoid this :lol::sobbing:

Lexandra.H
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Maria in 3 :)

DeliriousPotato
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM
GRUNT FESTIVAL :armed:

CWTennis
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM
Davai Vika, outscream Pova and take the title! :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
This tournament is LOVE. :hearts:

That said, I think Vika will win. She knows what she has to do and she is perfectly capable of doing it at any given time (she did a great job of angling Maria off the court in Stanford, if I were Maria I'd prepare myself for more of that on Saturday). Maria needs to serve well if she wants to stand a chance.

Make it an awesome match, ladies! :cheer:

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:20 PM
This tournament is LOVE. :hearts:

That said, I think Vika will win. She knows what she has to do and she is perfectly capable of doing it at any given time (she did a great job of angling Maria off the court in Stanford, if I were Maria I'd prepare myself for more of that on Saturday). Maria needs to serve well if she wants to stand a chance.

Make it an awesome match, ladies! :cheer:

I feel very confident about Maria's chances. Her form in the Stanford final is incomparable to how it is now. Remember that comical serve which was nowhere near the service box? I expect Maria to come out of the starting blocks super aggressively and I reckon this will be her best match of the tournament.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
lol so Miami final is between two girls Caroline beat in Indian Wells.

Miami title more prestigous my ass :lol:

Should be a good match though.

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
I feel very confident about Maria's chances. Her form in the Stanford final is incomparable to how it is now. Remember that comical serve which was nowhere near the service box? I expect Maria to come out of the starting blocks super aggressively and I reckon this will be her best match of the tournament.
I'm delighted with this final, and I'll be ecstatic for either player that wins.
I hope to see some cracking tennis, they had some nice rallies in Stanford but this match should be another step up quality-wise.

TheHangover
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:37 PM

caroline who?

Njalle
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM

And Masha beat the girl who took out Caro in this tournament. What's your point? You can't compare it like that. :wavey:

SoClose
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
60 60 for Vika :p
Prove me wrong Maria...

Joelina
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:47 PM
hopefully it´s not going to be like Stanford 2010.

Maria win that title finaly!!! :devil:

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:48 PM
And Masha beat the girl who took out Caro in this tournament. What's your point? You can't compare it like that. :wavey:

Ha! As if Caroline would've lost to Petkovic if not for her 3 final streak in Dubai-DOHA-IW just prior to Miami. That shit is bound to take something out of you.

The fact that it was a 3-setter against a Caroline who made 50 UEs compared to her usual 10 just makes me certain that Caroline would route Petkovic in straight sets under normal circumstances.

My point, though, is that this Miami title is not more prestigious than Caro's Indian Wells title. It's even the same amount of points.

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
Ha! As if Caroline would've lost to Petkovic if not for her 3 final streak in Dubai-DOHA-IW just prior to Miami. That shit is bound to take something out of you.

The fact that it was a 3-setter against a Caroline who made 50 UEs compared to her usual 10 just makes me certain that Caroline would route Petkovic in straight sets under normal circumstances.

My point, though, is that this Miami title is not more prestigious than Caro's Indian Wells title. It's even the same amount of points.

In terms of points, yes, Indian Wells and Miami are the same, but Miami has forever been known as the 5th Slam.

TheHangover
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM

give us a break from wozniacki, she is the best, she is the smartest, you helped us to open up our eyes, and now we all see her for what she really is: one of the best this sport had and will ever have, so thanks to you. but give tennis forum a break

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM

Just look at the list of champions of Miami and compare it to the one of Indian Wells:shrug:. Even though Maria won Indian Wells before I still think Miami is much better in terms of quality and fame. No wonder it is considered as the 5th slam.

In past years everybody knew that If you would have to win this tournament you would have to go past one of the Sisters:shrug:, that what makes it more special :).

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
In terms of points, yes, Indian Wells and Miami are the same, but Miami has forever been known as the 5th Slam.

YEC is the 5th slam. It's more points/money than Miami and Indian Wells.
Indian Wells and Miami are just premier mandatories.

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM
YEC is not comparable to slams. Different format, different players field, different draw,...
It's only similar because of the prize money and ranking points.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM

A slam which according to you only 8 players have the right to play:rolleyes:

RenaSlam.
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Azarenka has been serving much better than Maria. I was also impressed with her defense.

Vikapower
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM

ROFL !!! Childroline won her MM now it's time for adults to compete for a womanlier tournament... Vikapova you can't get any better match during these last 5 to 10 yrs.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
YEC is not comparable to slams. Different format, different players field, different draw,...
It's only similar because of the prize money and ranking points.

Which is where the prestige comes from. Also, you have to face a lot of top 10 players to win YEC, often more top 10 players than you have to win a slam.

I'm totally opposed to the term "5th slam" but if I had to slap on one tournament it'd be the YEC.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:18 PM
ROFL !!! Childroline won her MM now it's time for adults to compete for a womanlier tournament... Vikapova you can't get any better match during these last 5 to 10 yrs.

Wozniacki-Clijsters at YEC > Sharapova-Vika at Miami

Wozniacki > Vika
Clijsters > Sharapova
Wozniacki > Sharapova
Clijsters > Vika
YEC > Miami

Temperenka
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM

Wozniacki > Vika
Clijsters > Sharapova
Wozniacki > Sharapova
Clijsters > Vika
YEC > Miami

With all due respect (Because I really do like Caroline a lot- see my signature), when Vika and Maria are in good form, the bolded statements above simply are not true.

When Vika plays the way she did last night, she can dismantle anybody, except for maybe Serena who she can still push to the brink.

On the contrary, I don't see Caroline ever pushing Serena to the brink/beating her. Hopefully she proves me wrong though.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
kman :spit:.

Caralenko
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
On the contrary, I don't see Caroline ever pushing Serena to the brink/beating her. Hopefully she proves me wrong though.

Caroline held 3 match points against Serena before succumbing in a third set tiebreak in early 2009.

Marilyn Monheaux
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Caroline held 3 match points against Serena before succumbing in a third set tiebreak in early 2009.

Still here?

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Reports of her death are greatly exaggerated.

Mostly by me.

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
Caca making comebacks when you least expect it. :bowdown:

Tennis Observer
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Voted Masha in three; however, Bookies odds are in favour to Vika (2/3), Masha (1 1/2).

Slutiana
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
So the consensus seems to be that if Vika wins, it will be in 2. And Maria will win if they split sets. Sounds about right.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
On the contrary, I don't see Caroline ever pushing Serena to the brink/beating her.

She already pushed Serena to the brink (3 or 4 match points). And it wasn't Caroline close to the form she is in now. It was back when Caroline was content with winning 3 MM tourneys a year. Now she's winning premier tournaments like they're nothing. Imagine what she could do to Serena now, provided she's rested up and healthy.

And yes, Serena would still be the favorite, I realize that.

Vikapower
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM

Wozniacki > Vika
Clijsters > Sharapova
Wozniacki > Sharapova
Clijsters > Vika
YEC > Miami

:spit: Kman's bible !!?? I don't know on which base you founded your statements... but did you know that Miami is the 5th slam !!!?? So how could YEC > Miami !!?? ROFL...

According to the official books on the tournaments order in importance - Olympics/Majors > Miami > YEC >>> Mandatories > P5 > Premiers etc... shows that your logic is a complete fail. :rolls:

Caro still haven't won a major and can't add her name to the very prestigeous list of Kimmie, Rena, Vika, Lindsey... who's responsible !!? REAL women fight the womanlier events... the one where without pain there's no glory... the one's where you need a big heart, your heart out bleeding in order to prevail...

Both Vika and Maria have done so during their respective 15 days so just deal with that your fave isn't a woman yet only just a child !!

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:08 PM
How in the hell did this thread convert to another Wozniacki slugfest.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
How in the hell did this thread convert to another Wozniacki slugfest.

Caroline is the most important player on tour. Everything revolves around her.

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
In other words, it's vital for Maria to win the first set and it's vital for Vika to win the second set...? I still think Maria will win in 2.

kman
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
In other words, it's vital for Maria to win the first set and it's vital for Vika to win the second set...? I still think Maria will win in 2.

I hope Masha wins.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Vika has been playing great tennis while Maria has been showing signs of brilliance (but yet, she's very up and down). Over the past few years Maria has barely won any match after a very tremendous 3-set-win. Although she did win against Petkovic after Dulgheru and that's rare (oh and also Jankovic re: Tokyo '09). So it's not impossible! Good luck Maria. May Godprah be with you. :hug:

Hope the one who screams the loudest win. And we all know who that is. :bowdown:

People have considered Miami more prestigous in previous years because it's the tournament where the Williams choose to grace upon. :worship:

madmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Caroline is the most important player on tour. Everything revolves around her.

you are trying too much pal:wavey:
No one cares about that bland mediocre scandinavian blonde, apart from her compatriots

_marial_
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Come on Vika, get that title!!! :bounce:

vozas
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Maria in two. She just needs to keep those rallies short before Vika starts spinning the ball away from Masha and she makes a fool of herself chasing down the ball. It's the one two punch.

Vika's serve is good but very easy to punish, particularly with Maria's height. She has everything to win this match. Just needs to keep focused and keep the rallies short, avoiding Vika's BH and keep slamming the FH from the first strike until she gets a short ball down the middle to put it away.

Setsuna.
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
Maria in 3.

18majors
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Vika played awesome in beating Clijsters and Zvonereva handily but I'll take Maria in two.

NeoZod19
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM
Both have done well in Miami, I voted for Maria in 3 but will not be surprised if Vicky turns thing around.

Best of luck Maria!;)

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:07 PM
Truly, you must all tremble before the unrelenting power of the invincible Legion of Blondes. It's not too late to beg for mercy. The screams echoing in your head will be those of your own agony.

Fuckery before beauty. Azza in 3.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
What a fantastic final :bigclap:

:rolleyes:

The crowd are going to need more than just earplugs for this mugathon :o

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
Thats nothing compared to what your brain needs Word Life :yeah:

hankqq
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Banshee battle :lol:

I think Azarenka will either win in 2 quick sets or Sharapova will win in 3 messy sets :shrug: In the last few rounds, Azarenka has been in much better form while Sharapova has looked sloppy but it was enough to reach the final.

Ryusuke Tenma
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:53 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :haha: :haha: :haha:
Hilarious :worship:

I'm being serious, I laughed so hard at this :haha:

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
:rolls:

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:44 PM

Have you even watched their matches? Masha killed the girl who sent Mugniacki packing while injured. Vika finished the player who acts as a bouncer to Caro's title winning ambitions since 2009. :rolleyes:

AndreConrad
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:49 PM
It is such a toss between these two. I think Maria could do it if she continues to fight the way she did against Andrea. Will she be able to keep the spirit up?

pav
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
I think the Vikster can do it if her accuracy carries on like her last two matches, but if it gets to a third set battle it might lean more to Masha.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know where Claycourter went? Did he retire along with Justine? This new guy reminds me of him. :sobbing:

Spring Pools
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
I think it will depend on the wind. If there is a lot of wind, it will favor Azarenka especially early on.

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
A little preview...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/031710_siryn.jpg

vs.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/black-canary-bachalo.jpg

Alejandrawrrr
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know where Claycourter went? Did he retire along with Justine? This new guy reminds me of him. :sobbing:

He got banned, apparently :sad: But Claycourter was by no means a Wozniacki fan, and was hilarious at times. Word Life just tries too hard, no substance.

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
He got banned, apparently :sad: But Claycourter was by no means a Wozniacki fan, and was hilarious at times. Word Life just tries too hard, no substance.

how afwul. i was wondering where he was just this morning. :sad:

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
I think it will depend on the wind. If there is a lot of wind, it will favor Azarenka especially early on.

Why?

Claycourter is a Graf worshipper and called Kim a pusher. :lol:

debby
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
I am sure Claycourter will be back guys. He can't do this to us :hysteric: My Jujutroll mate.

jinx mode : Pova 6-0 6-0.

Stonerpova
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have a gut feeling that Sharapova is just gonna come out en fuego and roll over Azarenka. She's got far more experience in the big moments than Azarenka (yes, she's won Miami before, but she practically got a walkover in the final). Plus, to me at least, Sharapova looked out of gas in the Stanford final. She has a day off today, and she'll be really pumped up for this one.

backhandsmash
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Azarenka must be the clear favourite in this. I will bet good money on her winning.

Edit: Crap! The odds agree with me.

Hian
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM

Let's solve this:

1 + 1 = 2
I know it's hard, but you can do this. I believe in you.

lefty24
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Azarenka must be the clear favourite in this. I will bet good money on her winning.

Edit: Crap! The odds agree with me.

More people voted for Maria. ;)

debby
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
I have a gut feeling that Sharapova is just gonna come out en fuego and roll over Azarenka. She's got far more experience in the big moments than Azarenka (yes, she's won Miami before, but she practically got a walkover in the final). Plus, to me at least, Sharapova looked out of gas in the Stanford final. She has a day off today, and she'll be really pumped up for this one.

well you are a Pova fan, so your feelings can be biased.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Could this be the loudest match ever?
It will have to top Sharapova-Venus 2005 Wimbledon SF.

backhandsmash
More people voted for Maria. ;)

Of course she's winning the poll.

I was talking about the match. And betting. :)

danieln1
Why?

Claycourter is a Graf worshipper and called Kim a pusher. :lol:

He also made the GOAT comparison between Kimberly (cockroach) and Graf (butterfly)

cypher_88
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Could this be the loudest match ever?
It will have to top Sharapova-Venus 2005 Wimbledon SF.

it certainly has the potential :devil:

!VamosRafa!
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Azarenka will win in 2 easy sets!Probably a similar score to their last final :sobbing:
Despite the fact that Maria will surely lose this final,I can't be more happy for her,because she showed a champion's attitude,determination and an amazing game this week and this is her best tennis since the comeback...i just think she will be a little too tired in the final and will play far from her best...Big shame though,because if she plays her best she could beat Vika,no doubt,but unfortunately after playing 2 exhausting matches she'll have no gas left and nothing more to give :sad:
Good luck to both girls,they really are playing great :)

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM
Maria's not winning this in two. If its a two setter is cause Vika beat her. If it turns into a 3 setter and FighterPova gets unleashed then I see Maria taking it.

starin
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:09 PM
sharapova's serve has been really unsteady throughout this tournament. I think that combined with Azarenka's returning it'll be hard fought 3 set slog. I think Azarenka will eek it out in the 3nd with a little choking from Maria. 46 61 76 Azarenka.

s_j
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM
From the Sony Ericsson Open site, predicting a Sharapova victory.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Tournament/06/Day-12-Preview.aspx

backhandsmash
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:41 PM

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Tournament/06/Day-12-Preview.aspx

"Azarenka might have previous experience winning the Sony Ericsson Open title, but that won’t be her ticket to a second career trophy in Miami. Sharapova struts to victory in Saturday’s final."

We'll see about that!

lefty24
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:44 PM

Although I do want Maria to win, I hate when articles predict the winner. It's the WTA, you never know until the last point.

Edit: I also think it's disrespectful towards the other player.

Betty
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Go Maria :yeah: :cool:

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Maria needs to win this match :angel:. This tittle would put her back up there in the highest place possible :)

carling
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
I really hope Vika doesn't come down with an ailment. We all know it's happened on a couple of big occassions. Personally, I will be seriously pissed off if she passes-out or some shit tomorrow. Maria and Vika are two of my favorites and I am SO looking forward to this match!

Sammo
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
I hope Sharapova in 3 but I'd say Vika in 2

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Martha will win.

cn ireland
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM
Maria in 3!

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:25 PM

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:28 PM
^^ what if Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka became a single entity??

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM
Isn't calling Azarenka beautiful a stretch? I mean, she's borderline hot. If I was to hit that, I wouldn't brag to my mates about her, if you know what I mean.

Vikapower
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM
^^ ROFL !! Dude keep dreaming then...

As a girl I have much more chances to get her in bed with me AND I would definitively be bragging it to my sista's an dem !! :hearts:

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:52 PM
As a girl I have much more chances to get her in bed with me AND I would definitively be bragging it to my sista's an dem !! :hearts:

AND posting videos of the exploit?

backhandsmash
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Isn't calling Azarenka beautiful a stretch? I mean, she's borderline hot. If I was to hit that, I wouldn't brag to my mates about her, if you know what I mean.

Guess you missed that semifinal then. She was pretty damn hot in that one.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM

Is this is a language fail or are you saying you are a girl?

doktor
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:58 PM

Fuck you must hit some rigs then cause I reckon Vika is pretty banging

lefty24
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM

My whole family thinks she's beautiful but were Belarusian so maybe we are biased.

But I'm sure you know the phrase, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Vartan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:11 AM

:lol: Vlada is a girls name.

Sp!ffy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:12 AM
Vika is like a poor mans Sharapova...it would be a shame to see Maria lose to a fraud.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:13 AM
:lol: Vlada is a girls name.

But isnt that Vikapower's account? He is a guy. Why is he pretending to be a girl?

VishaalMaria
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
I can't see Maria letting this match go lightly, like she did in Stanford. Considering how happy she was after her win against Petkovic.

Maria will find a way to win. It may take her a set to find a way to win in three.

4-6 6-4 6-2. Something like that.

Vartan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM
But isnt that Vikapower's account? He is a guy. Why is he pretending to be a girl?

:shrug:

miffedmax
Apr 2nd, 2011, 12:58 AM

How long have you been on this forum again?:p

oomph
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:07 AM

Wow.

Aren't you put off by that nose?

And the has a good body, but she is an athlete, what do you expect?

Guess you missed that semifinal then. She was pretty damn hot in that one.

I watched it. She looked unusually good.

Fuck you must hit some rigs then cause I reckon Vika is pretty banging

No I don't and I'd hit it without hesitation. But...I dunno, she is not a clear cut hottie.

My whole family thinks she's beautiful but were Belarusian so maybe we are biased.

But I'm sure you know the phrase, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Thats bull, anyone claiming say, Ivanovic to be ugly cannot be called anything else than stupid. This subjectification of everything is just a crutch for those that cannot defend their claims. If anything, you could say X is not your type. Calling a fugly monster pretty is WRONG as is calling AK ugly.

Vika is like a poor mans Sharapova...it would be a shame to see Maria lose to a fraud.

What the hell does fraud even mean and at least she can hit volleys. :lol:

Vartan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:08 AM
:spit: volleys :happy:

Matt01
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:14 AM

Mentally unstable.

oomph
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
:spit: volleys :happy:

Better than Masha. :rolleyes:

Queenpova
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
Masha in 3

Seyz
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:48 AM

Well also except for Big Stage Experience and Consistency.
I see Sharapova winning this one, but good final.

Ryan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:50 AM
I hope they quit tennis and do pornos together. :drool:

But in the match...I hope it's as good as Woz/Bartoli in IW. Women's tennis needs some high-quality, entertaining matches between some great players.

gc-spurs
Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:58 AM

I always though Vika was quite pretty, but not up in the ranks of Ivanovic, Shazza, Kiri and dem gurls. But in person she is pretty stunning and is actually quite cute (unlike on court I never see her as cute until the end of the match if she wins).

Vikapower
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:25 AM

Yes this is Vikapower and I said that for fun's sake :hug: any decent person boy or girl loves the idea of 2 hot girls going at it. ;)

HRHoliviasmith
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Yes this is Vikapower and I said that for fun's sake :hug: any decent person boy or girl loves the idea of 2 hot girls going at it. ;)

um, no.

Sp!ffy
Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:56 AM

Oh no! The Vika volley...how terrifying. :scared:

Vartan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:38 AM

:lol: volleys are 0.1% of their game.

AjdeNate!
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Shreikapova d. Azagrunta 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

V's a star
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
I just have a feeling Maria will pull it out in 3. Vika to me has shown the better form though.

NicoMary
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
i'd love sharapova to win it in 3
but viki seems a bit stronger these days
viki in 3

Stamp Paid
Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Is this is a language fail or are you saying you are a girl?:hysteric:

But isnt that Vikapower's account? He is a guy. Why is he pretending to be a girl?:rolls:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
:hysteric:

:rolls:

:(

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihkcyN71p1qdzbsk.gif

Vikapower
Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
um, no.

Well you must question your lack of decency then. ;)

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
It started. OH! OH! OH! OH! Screaming!

!VamosRafa!
Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Vika in 2,it's all clear now...Maria is way too rusty and slow and she just can't hold serve....5 double faults and it's only 2-1:o...
whyyy?:sad:

!VamosRafa!
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
The final is pretty much over now.....Maria gave up...:sad:

Cleffa
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
wow they are playing in a pretty quick pace, with maria losing pretty fast lol. Usually in a tennis match, every point matters but this one it seems the points just starts to not matter anymore and all that's about is watching the two bashing the ball around the court and hearing their grunts lol.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
wow they are playing in a pretty quick pace, with maria losing pretty fast lol. Usually in a tennis match, every point matters but this one it seems the points just starts to not matter anymore and all that's about is watching the two bashing the ball around the court and hearing their grunts lol.

what ballbashing lol? just because they scream it doesn't mean they hit with incredible pace.
sharapova sucks so much, if only she'd suck a bit less, she'd beat useless azarenka.

!VamosRafa!
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Well,Maria will once again get demolished in 20011...Well,look on the bright side,at least I'm gonna start my history homework sooner:lol:

Cleffa
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
what ballbashing lol? just because they scream it doesn't mean they hit with incredible pace.
sharapova sucks so much, if only she'd suck a bit less, she'd beat useless azarenka.

Sorry I might have used the wrong word, if that offended you. But I didn't use the word ballbashing i meant bashing as hitting or playing. and plus i don't have any negative thoughts about ballbashing. what's so bad about ballbashing? if you associate ballbashing in a bad way in the first place then I'm very sorry.

I mean usually when watching tennis matches a point might be very important for both players, one is important for the server to hold serve, the other is for the returner to break and generate momentum to win the first set. Basically it seems very important for both players to win the first set. Just like watching the mardy fish vs del potro match a few days ago. Every point is exciting in first set and so the pace is slow because they know how important it is to win the 1st set. That's the pace that I'm referring.

But for this match it's so unbalanced the first set is over so quickly it's like the us open 2010 final. as an audience i just don't feel the excitement and the strive for first set like fish and del potro. but that's just what i feel. And so that y i say the points don't matter much cause azarenka is so much ahead and all that matters is watching them play (or hitting/bashing the ball).

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Wow Maria is bad. :lol: It just amazes me how up and down she can go. I think it's in the head.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well,Maria will once again get demolished in 20011...Well,look on the bright side,at least I'm gonna start my history homework sooner:lol:

I'd imagine your history work-load will get a whole lot bigger between now and 20011.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Wow Maria is bad. :lol: It just amazes me how up and down she can go. I think it's in the head.

no, it is in her awful game.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
no, it is in her awful game.

If her game is consistently bad then she wouldn't have made the final or beaten the players she's beaten. She has shown she is capable of playing a good game but obviously that never happens in matches like these for some reason.

Lapaco
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
If her game is consistently bad then she wouldn't have made the final or beaten the players she's beaten. She has shown she is capable of playing a good game but obviously that never happens in matches like these for some reason.

but that's her game. like i said, if she could just suck a little less, she'd beat this inferior opponent

Vartan
Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
41 people were wrong.