Vika :woohoo:
stunning show!
please win the final now!

cellophane
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:13 AM
Destroy Pova now

Spring Pools
What was with the Miami crowd mimicking Vika's grunt?

Wiggly
Azarenka killed the #2 and #3. Impressive.

Sean.
vika played well, congrats.

Didn't see the first set but stupid errors cost Vera the 2nd. It was nice to see her play aggressively though. Good luck on the clay.

TheBoiledEgg
That was really clinical from Vika ;) :angel: :bounce:

Bepa :hug: just didnt get going

Jane Lane
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: WIN THIS THING GIRL! Great play from Vika tonight, even if Bepa was crap.
Sergey couldn't get into the country...he kept Bepa's tennis with him. :hug:

saul1333
Hahahahahaah..Vika thanking the crowd for mocking her grunt :angel:

Temperenka
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:14 AM
My only complaint with this match was the empty stands.

Snickers was sublime. Win the final!!! :banana:

wildemu
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:15 AM
i thought zvonareva was supposed to be a smart girl. She played vika's backhand the whole match, very stupid.

Well done vika, this is the final i wanted.

Derek.
Wow, Vika! :banana:

VIKA?
That's my girl:inlove: even thanked the crowd for booing her:lol: love you! win the final:D

CrossCourt~Rally
Well done Vika :yeah:

Now for a Masha vs Vika final :drool:

doooma6816
Well done Victoria!:worship:

Now lose to Maria. ;P

Berlin_Calling
9 unforced errors, no break points faced :drool::D !!!

s_j
Vera just threw that away in the second set. Vika played well though. The crowd is blatantly going to take the piss of their grunts on Saturday.

Spring Pools
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:16 AM
That's my girl:inlove: even thanked the crowd for booing her:lol: love you! win the final:D

That will get her more fans. That's good.

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:17 AM
Vika...

3973tfsllqw

SVK
Vika too good today:yeah:

Now beat Masha:p

Sean.
Vera is so frustrating to support, in the 2nd set she hit some amazing winners. Followed by some awful errors & then she gave up in the end.

Use that brain of yours Vera!

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:18 AM
o-0 at Vera.

Vika played well though.

Foxy

Vikapower
:woohoo: Great win Vika...!!! I love you for having turned your season around !! :worship:

Now two of my faves going to compete for the most prestigeous event after the majors... I'll have noooo stress of who ever wins. Relieved.

Nico_E
haha Aza in great form to lay some wood on cocky mouth Sharapova :devil:

also liked that she had some fun with the fans heckling her at the end, a nicer side of her coming out... could like her some day

Mary Cherry.
:lol: Excellent post-match interview.

Vera was pants :cheer:

claypova
:woohoo:

darrinbaker00
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:19 AM

In that case, buy a ticket next time.

V-MAC
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:20 AM
Love it:hearts: Vika is a joy to watch when she plays like that. Now I will be pleased whatever the outcome of the final:cool:

backhandsmash
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:20 AM
Crap!

pav
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:21 AM
Vika striking the ball very well! hardly a shot went long, Bepa at least was a bit better in the 2nd but did play to her wrong side and buggered things up a bit ,but well played Vika!

n1_and_uh_noone
Maybe the 1st set went by too quickly, but I was dying to see another Bepa meltdown. She seemed shockingly composed for her flat performance and the embarrassing scoreline. Well done by Azarenka. I was more impressed with her game yesterday, but in this form, Sharapova has no chance.

hurricanejeanne
Mother fucking hell yeah! :cheer::woohoo::cheer:

LMAO at the crowd immitating Vika's grunt.
All Hail the Queen of Fuckery! :worship:

The 2nd Law
Thank you Vika :worship:

What a final :cheer:

Belmont Lad
OOF Bepa, came out and played as flat as a pancake. :help:

Gdsimmons
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:22 AM
Taking out the #2 and #3 player. Pretty impressive

Nico_E

what do you expect when Zvonareva is playing?

gaurentee for empty stands = Vera, Jankovic or Wozniacki match

and if any of them are playing each other, a 5 mile radius is empty

oomph
And tennis wins again, ladies and gentlemen.

I am only sad that the in form Ana didn't reach QF, with a proper head, she would probably played impressively.

wildemu
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Maybe the 1st set went by too quickly, but I was dying to see another Bepa meltdown. She seemed shockingly composed for her flat performance and the embarrassing scoreline. Well done by Azarenka. I was more impressed with her game yesterday, but in this form, Sharapova has no chance.

bepa sort of melted down after being broken in that 40-0 service game at 2-2. Tears and cursing are good enough.

oleada
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:23 AM
Hell yes! Vika was awesome - she was hitting very deep, not missing and making Vera's positioning really awkward. Granted, Vera wasn't playing well, but I like to think Vika's play had to do with it. Hope she can win the title!

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:26 AM
Vika already won it, Masha needs one, to prove that she's back.

WAR Masha.

n1_and_uh_noone
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:27 AM
bepa sort of melted down after being broken in that 40-0 service game at 2-2. Tears and cursing are good enough.

Sorry, but she set the bar way too high for such trivialities to satisfy me :lol:

Spring Pools
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:28 AM
Bepa needs Sergey to distract her opponents so she can keep winning.

Nico_E
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:30 AM
when does head case Zvonarena not cry when she's losing? its as Automatic as Nadal cheating and being suddenly "injured" when he goes down a break

cellophane
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:31 AM
Did Maria's comments hurt your soul? :awww:

No LOLZ... But they do make me want Vika give her a beatdown. :)

Dominika23
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:35 AM
Vera is so frustrating to support, in the 2nd set she hit some amazing winners. Followed by some awful errors & then she gave up in the end.

Use that brain of yours Vera!

Yes you are so right It is Frustrating to watch Vera play like this sometimes but I still support forever. She really today just couldn't find herself into the match and Vika played great. but I hope Vera rebound and play great for clay season and also win herself another title

wildemu
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:36 AM
when does head case Zvonarena not cry when she's losing? its as Automatic as Nadal cheating and being suddenly "injured" when he goes down a break

tennis commentators and experts who interview her always try to compliment her new found "mental toughness," but I just don't see any changes if things aren't going her way. She is just playing better technically but the volatile emotion is always there. Bepa is not as clownish as Rafa because she doesn't fake crap which I love about her. If she hates the situation she is in mentally, that racket is going to know about it.

Dominika23
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:37 AM
Bepa needs Sergey to distract her opponents so she can keep winning.

Sergey wasn't there with vera that could be some what a cause he give her great hand and idea and clam her down but she going have pick up just bit for clay season

gc-spurs
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:38 AM
:hug: Bepa.
It's allll good though, well done Vika!
grunt-a-thon in a couple of days!

Dominika23
GO VIKA Go GET YA 6 title

Spring Pools
Sergey wasn't there with vera that could be some what a cause he give her great hand and idea and clam her down but she going have pick up just bit for clay season
Exactly. He needs to make sure his visa and passport are in order for her next tournament.

#kArLoS#
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:43 AM
That was awful.I mean,like really awful :facepalm:

I got a feeling she hasnīt been playing very well despite being in SFs,now she needs to really pick it up at clay,where she doesnt defend too many points,minus Charleston.GL with that

Imperfect Angel
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Vika :eek: :worship: :cheer:
Bepa :tape:

young_gunner913
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:21 AM
Good job Vika. Thank God Zvonareva isn't in another final. She's really the worst player to watch in the later stages of tournaments.

Rafito.
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
Whoa :cheer: So did not expect this result. So happy for Vika :inlove:

Talula
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:47 AM
Wow, nearly fainted when I saw the score. Hope I get to see the match or even highlights!

Bonfire
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:56 AM
Great job Vika! Did not expect this one sided scoreline but Congrats:worship:

tea
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:08 AM
Tennis has won. Um, no, tennis has triumphed!!!:woohoo:

PerfectForm
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:43 AM
This is amazing from Vika! Good choice to pull out of IW instead of risking an injury and ending up having to pull out of Miami. Time for Miami title number #2 :)

PLP
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:47 AM
Well done Vika.
:worship:

Expected really.

F-R-E-A-K
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:52 AM
Vera :o :tape: :help:

What's up with Vika?? :unsure: Nice to see her regain some TOP 10 form. :D

Mistress of Evil
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:52 AM
Zvonareva :o
Congratz, Azarenka :)

Dani12
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:02 AM
:lol: No one really complaining about the crowd. It happened once in Melbourne and they were deemed evil bastards. Nice double standards guys :yeah:

Alice
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:22 AM
Thank you Vika! Finally a final with Vika! Been waiting SO long for this ...Hope she win the second Miami title! :cheer:

Navratil
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
Haven't seen this match but the one against Clijsters ans that was anything else than impressive. Azarenka is far away from her best!

Beny
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Haven't seen this match but the one against Clijsters ans that was anything else than impressive. Azarenka is far away from her best!

What the hell? I havent seen the match either but the one against Clijsters Vika was amazing. Thatīs the best Iīve seen her play. She took the ball so early, defended and attacked great, returned brilliantly - put so much pressure on Kimīs serve, moved well. There was absolutely nothing in the match you could be not happy about in Vikaīs game. If that was far away from her best then Serena will be the second best player very soon if Vika ever plays her very best :lol:

lewis_davies
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Vera is such a sulk! In many ways she beat herself with 30 UEs and a stroppy attitude but Vika played her part in the implosion. Can't wait for the final :D

serenafann
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Contracts Vika,now beat Maria in the Final.

QuietPlease
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM
Vika :eek: :bowdown:

Njalle
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Amazing Vika, always had faith in you! Now take it all!

ivanban
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:18 AM
I better start preparing my ears for the final :tears:

Sharapovian
Apr 1st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Well done Vika :yeah:

Didn't really expect it to be one sided, thought it would be a lot closer.

WhoAmI?
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Well done Vika:D

Now one more step. Good luck!

John.
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
Vika :eek: 2 great wins a row.

Vera :hug:

Shinjiro
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Vera's quite good to watch at her crafty best – clearly not enough of it last night. Azarenka is hitting well, should win the title if she keeps up that form.

Edit
Happy birthday Shino! Always a joy to see you on the court! :hearts:
Not enough of her either. :sad:

doomsday
Apr 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Watching the match on eurosport right now, Azarenia is playing really well. Will be very tough for Maria but I'm glad Azarenka doesn't have this big first strike unlike Petkovic:eek:
Either way I'll be fine because women's tennis needs them in finals and not Wozniacki vs Zvonareva.:rolleyes:

olivero
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Way to go Vika :yeah: destroy Pova now

BepaMaria
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Please tell me that this thread is an April Fool's day joke to trick me into being depressed:o. How the hell can Vera possibly lose to Vika?

I'm so disappointed in her. Such a good chance to finally win her first Tier 1 in over 2 years and she loses to Azarenka of all people. Just feel like going to sleep and forget about this result. I'm totally shattered and feel like crying after seeing this result.

Maria must avenge this injustice that Bepa suffered today by thrashing Azarenka in the final, otherwise I will never watch women's tennis again.

Daniel
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Vera :sad: :sad:
good luck in the final Vika ;)

Njalle
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Maria must avenge this injustice that Bepa suffered today by thrashing Azarenka in the final, otherwise I will never watch women's tennis again.

Oh rejoice! Vika - take her out :bounce:

claypova
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Please tell me that this thread is an April Fool's day joke to trick me into being depressed:o. How the hell can Vera possibly lose to Vika?

I'm so disappointed in her. Such a good chance to finally win her first Tier 1 in over 2 years and she loses to Azarenka of all people. Just feel like going to sleep and forget about this result. I'm totally shattered and feel like crying after seeing this result.

win-win situation :cheer::hearts:

Mightymirza
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
Vika is the new queen of Miami :bounce:

Hian
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Vika :worship: That's my champion :hearts:
Please win the title :drool:

DownInAHole
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Watching the match on eurosport right now, Azarenia is playing really well. Will be very tough for Maria but I'm glad Azarenka doesn't have this big first strike unlike Petkovic:eek:
Either way I'll be fine because women's tennis needs them in finals and not Wozniacki vs Zvonareva.:rolleyes:

Yes, it always stinks when the player that wins the most matches ends up in the final.:p

BlameSerena
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Glad I missed this. Hopefully the final is challenging/fun.

CWTennis
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
wow, Vika demolishes Vera! :spit: Well done! :worship:

Break My Rapture
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM
:bigclap: 2 top 3 wins in this tournament now, playing much better than at the start of the year. :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Azarenka is moving really, really well and serving pretty well, too. Maria is doing neither of those right now.

Vika in two in the finals.

Super Dave
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.dumbblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/well-shit-480x351.jpg

Renalicious
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
... :speakles:

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:50 PM
WOW Azza is really improving match after match!!! :eek: :bolt:

Congrats Vika! :yeah: :hatoff:

Kick Maria's butt now! :cheer: :oh:

DS.Fan.
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
It's a big win for Vika!:D:D Well done
Vera:hug:

gmak
Apr 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Vika :yeah: :D :worship:
playing at her best again :)

Bepa :hug: :sad: just wasn't her day

Vika vs Maria final :drool: bring it on!

Fuzzylogic
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Amazing match from Azarenka, BH, FH combo was lethal. Besides the shredded cat trapped inside her throat, everything was perfect for her.

tonybotz
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Victorious! now onto the final, and the return of BIG BABE TENNIS!!

LUVMIRZA
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Is this really happeninggggggg:woohoo: yesss Vika ...take the title now:cheer::cheer:

pav
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Tennis has won. Um, no, tennis has triumphed!!!:woohoo:
A certain blonde likable sheila(as opposed to one of her fans) is like Bepa when a little off her game ,always vunerable to a good, hard hitting player who is on and painting the lines, so if Vika had just kicked Caro's rounded ass,would tennis have triumphed :confused:
Funny that Zvon had more winners than Vika,where are the winners mean everything brigade :confused:
Some going on about her crying, I didn't see much crying, she seemed to be taking it too calm for me smiling at the end and even waving to the crowd when walking off a rarity for her after an ass kicking,a thing I have criticised her for not doing.

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Funny that Zvon had more winners than Vika,where are the winners mean everything brigade :confused:

She had 30+ UEs. Vika had a positive ratio of Winners/UE.

goldenlox
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Not a good match from Vera, and she is going to clay, where she's always underachieved. I thought she would be more focused for this. #3 in the world shouldnt get bageled by a player she has a winning h2h with.

debby
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Vikaaaaaaaaaaa :hearts: :hearts:

Please win the whole thing !!!

http://newballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/victoria-azarenka-miami-trophy-2009.jpg

Repeat it :kiss:

cellophane
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM

She played well in this match, better than vs. Clijsters IMO.... although it's hard to say considering Kim was flat as a pancake...

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Zvonareva's generic game nearly always brings out the best in her opponents, but I don't think I had seen such a textbook demonstration of that since last year's Charleston final.

Great match from Azarenka regardless. Everything she had done well vs Kimberley, she did even better yesterday. Flawless 1st set, with a couple of needless UEs at most. She rallied superbly, beat Zvonareva at her own game of shifting the direction of the ball, was thus allowed to play more aggressively, and even flattened out her FH a few times.

Once Zvonareva realised that she wasn't winning any of the long neutral rallies, she began going for more. And since she was somewhat off her game, it rarely worked. Dismal on ROS and unsuccessful at mixing it up.