PDA

View Full Version : What did Clijsters say after her match that offended the Eurosport commentators?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:12 PM
Chris Bradnam on Eurosport was talking about Kim saying something rude after her loss yesterday (and in IW) and how her popularity on the tour is on the edge. He was also wondering why someone didn't talk to her before the interview.

So what did she exactly say?

V-MAC
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Interesting that the commentators are even questioning saint kim now:eek: Thought it would be just a tennisforum thing.

Synth
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/2011-Kim-Clijsters-March-30.aspx

" Q. Was it just too many tournaments in a row or the shoulder?
KIM CLIJSTERS: I don't know, combination of a few things. Yeah, physically maybe. Tough few last days. But not in a way that I should not be ready for that. I train hard enough to physically be capable of doing that.
Mentally just kind of feel like I didn't have any fighting spirit. You know, it's obviously tough against someone like her. You know, against some lower ranked players maybe it's possible to get through matches, but against somebody like her, not."

LCS
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:17 PM
LOL I was just going to ask the same thing here.

Saint Kim, no saint no more :lol:

VishaalMaria
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/2011-Kim-Clijsters-March-30.aspx

KIM CLIJSTERS: I don't know, combination of a few things. Yeah, physically maybe. Tough few last days. But not in a way that I should not be ready for that. I train hard enough to physically be capable of doing that.
Mentally just kind of feel like I didn't have any fighting spirit. You know, it's obviously tough against someone like her. You know, against some lower ranked players maybe it's possible to get through matches, but against somebody like her, not."

I don't see what's wrong with that answer, besides the lack of eloquence.

It's just nit picking in the grand scheme of things, because she stated "some lower ranked player".

Synth
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I don't see what's wrong with that answer, besides the lack of eloquence.

It's just nit picking in the grand scheme of things, because she stated "some lower ranked player".

I agree. It's the unfortunate truth that Kim and many other top ranked players can come out, play like shit and make it past to the next round. I guess, people don't like the truth being stated so brazenly.

Libertango
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM
I don't understand at all what it is about that quote would piss the commentators off?! :shrug: :confused:

M.P
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM
maybe she said something other than just that official interview

LCS
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:30 PM
Not trying is an enormous lack of respect for your opponent.

M.P
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:33 PM
not respecting lower ranked player

"You know, against some lower ranked players maybe it's possible to get through matches, but against somebody like her, not."

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Lol British ES commentators. :lol: Apparently, suggesting that the people on the top are better than the ones ranked lower is "classless". :lol:

irma
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
maybe they are pissed because she said that she didn't want to fight also with other words I didn't give a damn today. It probably would have been better if she had said I am mentally tired after the match yesterday.

дalex
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:42 PM
More and more people are finding out about Kim's dubious (http://oi39.tinypic.com/1zx2vcn.jpg) ways.

jpol
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Bradnam is such a creepy tool.

That is all.

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:51 PM
maybe they are pissed because she said that she didn't want to fight also with other words I didn't give a damn today. It probably would have been better if she had said I am mentally tired after the match yesterday.

No, the commentator repeated it on livestream, he means the lower ranked players comment.

Beny
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM

"You know, against some lower ranked players maybe it's possible to get through matches, but against somebody like her, not."

Not trying is an enormous lack of respect for your opponent.

:confused:

She just says how it is.

Is it her fault the lower ranked players are so weak/bad?

All that matters is what the winner´s name at the end of the day is. If it´s Clijsters, it doesnt matter if she tried 100, 50 or 5%. She won the match. :shrug:

mauresmofan
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
Have no idea why that's offensive - just seems like a case that Bradnam had some sand in his vagina today that's all.

Andrewraven
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with what she said

cellophane
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:15 PM
Bradnam is a tard. If I have to hear him say "magnificent" one more time, I'm goin to hurl...

And she didn't say anything remotely offensive... as usual some people here just want to stir up some drama / shit / bash Clijsters (lather, rinse, repeat) :lol:

miffedmax
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Actually, it was the part off camera where she said "Of all the sheer, unadulterated fuckery!"

fouc
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:21 PM

lol wut? :lol: it IS possible to get through lower rank players easily, that's why they are ranked lower...

gc-spurs
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Bradnam is a tard. If I have to hear him say "magnificent" one more time, I'm goin to hurl...

And she didn't say anything remotely offensive... as usual some people here just want to stir up some drama / shit / bash Clijsters (lather, rinse, repeat) :lol:

Don't be hating on the no 1 Ma$habator

edificio
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:27 PM
She showed her hand. Condescension toward lower-ranked players. In sport, supposedly, anyone can beat anybody on a given day. You are supposed to respect that in your comments. You are not supposed to imply that even at your worst you could beat a lower-ranked player. I don't think it is terrible what she said, as it is true in a way, but it doesn't show the greatest respect for other athletes trying to win. :shrug:

backhandsmash
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Nothing wrong with what she said. It's the truth.

Fuzzylogic
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Getting offended must be a hobby for the commentators, if that got them pissed.

sandv1
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Have no idea why that's offensive - just seems like a case that Bradnam had some sand in his vagina today that's all.

:spit:

timafi
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM
those commentators should focus on SLUMPAMURRAY instead;it's not as if Kim said anything insulting:rolleyes: :tape:

Kim has more balls to go with her vajayjay than Murray will ever have
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5053/5535114476_edc1106a9c_z.jpg
like I said more fabric than anything:tape:

Kim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM

ALWAYS QUOTE this picture

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Stay away debby

C. Drone
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
so basically she is just saying Vika >>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> Ana
what a bitch. :oh:

Nico_E
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
it wasnt totally about the low ranked opponents quote

i also noticed this and was baffled, i didnt see anything wrong in what Clijsters said about the low ranked opponents but i think in general Bradnam and Jo were hinting more towards her comments about the Japan radiation

i like Bradnam but he just laughs a bit too much at the most random things he says

pov
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
She showed her hand. Condescension toward lower-ranked players. In sport, supposedly, anyone can beat anybody on a given day. You are supposed to respect that in your comments. You are not supposed to imply that even at your worst you could beat a lower-ranked player. I don't think it is terrible what she said, as it is true in a way, but it doesn't show the greatest respect for other athletes trying to win. :shrug:
She said "maybe it's possible" which is like "I might have a chance". If she had said something like "I could get by" I'd see your point.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
:confused:

She just says how it is.

Is it her fault the lower ranked players are so weak/bad?

All that matters is what the winner´s name at the end of the day is. If it´s Clijsters, it doesnt matter if she tried 100, 50 or 5%. She won the match. :shrug:

really??!?!?!?! :rolls:

currie84
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:02 PM
noone wants a part time player who whines even about those 5-6 tournaments she has to play besides Slams.She deserves all the critisicm she's gettin.Bad ambassador of the sport

doomsday
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM
She was talking about Ivanovic:tape:

terjw
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:04 PM

Nor me - there was nothing at all offensive in that. :shrug:Without seeing and hearing for myself what Chris Bradnam really said - I can't comment on him. It's got to nowadays in GM that most stuff about what someone is supposed to have said is lies - particularly in thread titles. If he did slate Kim - maybe he heard it second-hand and jumped to conclusions.

currie84
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM

yet Ana keeps on praising that two faced b!tch.Like she's praising Janko Tipsarevic despite him calling her a "truck on steroids" :o

silly girl

Vartan
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:08 PM
yet Ana keeps on praising that two faced b!tch.Like she's praising Janko Tipsarevic despite him calling her a "truck on steroids" :o

silly girl

:hysteric: source please :hysteric:

cellophane
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:12 PM
noone wants a part time player who whines even about those 5-6 tournaments she has to play besides Slams.She deserves all the critisicm she's gettin.Bad ambassador of the sport

The only one whining here is you.

wildemu
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:12 PM
:hysteric: source please :hysteric:

Janko did a terrible interview for playboy about 3 years ago when Ana was on top of the game.

Here is the excerpt from the interview he gave to Playboy that were reprinted on B92 (in Serbian) :

“99% of male tennis players can’t stand women’s tennis. There’s no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn’t for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they’re putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is ‘hit the ball where your opponent isn’t.’ Nothing more! No ‘Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand’. No way! [...] It’s that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That’s what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick”.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:13 PM

And this is coming from the same player who lost to the world 250-something in Marbella almost a year ago? lol.

hablo
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:14 PM
:yawn:

Kworb
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yes obviously Azarenka is a much more talented, much tougher opponent than some low-ranked scrub like Ivanovic.

backhandsmash
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Janko did a terrible interview for playboy about 3 years ago when Ana was on top of the game.

Here is the excerpt from the interview he gave to Playboy that were reprinted on B92 (in Serbian) :

“99% of male tennis players can’t stand women’s tennis. There’s no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn’t for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they’re putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is ‘hit the ball where your opponent isn’t.’ Nothing more! No ‘Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand’. No way! [...] It’s that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That’s what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick”.

I hope that Janko dude grew a brain in the meantime. That answer is so ugly.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:19 PM

Jealousy is quite ugly.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Is she talking about Ana? :hysteric:

It's not that bad but I'd imagine it's disrespectful for the players she have beaten as of late.

silly girl

:o

But I can't help it but laugh. :sobbing:

Talula
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Jo Durie and the male Eurosport commentator were critical of Kim at IW during the match with Bartoli. There was a thread about that. Or at least several posts.

They are generally unimpressed with her attitude and part-time playing/lack of enthusiasm outside the slams. She had also referred to lower ranked players then saying she couldn't get motivated against them.

Who said it pays to be always honest?!

I can see both sides but do have a feeling that even if it isn't the case of the rot setting in, the golden run is tarnishing a little.

edificio
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:27 PM

No, he didn't. Supposedly he's one of the intellectuals on tour.

With friends like him, though, who needs enemies.

Betty
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:28 PM
maybe they are pissed because she said that she didn't want to fight also with other words I didn't give a damn today. It probably would have been better if she had said I am mentally tired after the match yesterday. If Kim said she was tired then it was: What an excuse:rolleyes:

edificio
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Jo Durie and the male Eurosport commentator were critical of Kim at IW during the match with Bartoli. There was a thread about that. Or at least several posts.

They are generally unimpressed with her attitude and part-time playing/lack of enthusiasm outside the slams. She had also referred to lower ranked players then saying she couldn't get motivated against them.

Who said it pays to be always honest?!

I can see both sides but do have a feeling that even if it isn't the case of the rot setting in, the golden run is tarnishing a little.

I remember that, too. Honest is definitely not always the best policy. If she'd just stuck with the lack of fire and mental tiredness, she might not have gotten more stick.

Lucemferre
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:30 PM
Talentless journeyman tipsarevic sure has a big mouth compared to his success.He is a nobody.

wildemu
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM

For someone considered to be oh so smart, he is one of the biggest mental midget chokers on the ATP tour.

Betty
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:32 PM
More and more people are finding out about Kim's dubious (http://oi39.tinypic.com/1zx2vcn.jpg) ways.Is this the REAL medusach?:eek:

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Is she talking about Ana? :hysteric:

It's not that bad but I'd imagine it's disrespectful for the players she have beaten as of late.

No it isn't. Seriously, what are you pussies smoking? She just said that you cannot beat top players if you cannot play 100%. And yes, it is possible to win against lower ranked opponents without being 100% we've seen it a gazillion times. ES commentators and some posters here PMSing over that. :facepalm:

Yes obviously Azarenka is a much more talented, much tougher opponent than some low-ranked scrub like Ivanovic.

When did she say she meant Ivanovic? :facepalm: Ivanovic had to choke a 5-1 40-0 away, I'm pretty sure she didn't mean her.

You're a pussy. She never said "I can play my worst and still beat those mugs" You're trying to read what you want to read. She just said you CANNOT. beat. top level players. without being 100%. Against the rest, maybe.

Yeah, so respectless. :rolleyes:

What completely escaped the PC brigade: she wasn't emphasizing how much better SHE is then the "lower ranked players" she was emphasizing how much better Vika is then the lower ranked players. And she is. Deal with it.

No she isn't. :facepalm:

Craig.
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
I can't stand Kim, but what the hell is wrong with what she said? :unsure:

backhandsmash
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:57 PM

NOTHING!

She was just speaking the truth.

kitb
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Gotta love Kim... Just oh so right. Nothing else.

calico_101
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:02 PM
Lindsay said almost the exact same thing a few years ago after losing to Henin. I took it as a compliment to Justine, rather than in insult to the anyone else.

joão.
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7937/30cw0md1.gif

Nicolás89
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:12 PM

Lol I thought that too.

V's a star
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:29 PM

ITA

Vartan
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:34 PM

:oh:

hurricanejeanne
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:38 PM
That dubious Saint Kimdusah. Tsk, tsk.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM
The Tipsarevic comparison of Ana to a truck on steroids is just :happy: :haha:

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:07 PM
She is saying she lacks motivation grinding it out on the tour, said several times no. 1 is not important, that she doesn't care for non-Slams. Basically, she just wants to maximize her returns from a minimium effort. She's just being honest. The tour desperately needs someone who plays a handful of times, looks spaced-out 9 out of 10 times she plays and spreads important scientific awareness in the tennis community.

kiwifan
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:22 PM
I prefer "Honest Kim" to "Saint Kim". :cool:

She's got a kid, she's got her own money, she's got her man...

....she clearly doesn't have to "play the game" with the media anymore. :yeah:

King Halep
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:39 PM
A few of the Eurosport commentators are classless so they should be experts on it

Horizon
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:40 PM
I liked Kim a lot more before she came back :o Not a fan anymore.

Basically a Serena, except Serena can get away with it because shes funny, sassy and divalicious. Kim isnt.

thrust
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Kim is basically playing in order to pad her legacy by winning Slams against lesser competition. Serena, Venus, Justine, Jelena, Sveta, Ana, and Maria are not the quality players they were before Kim retired in 06. Slam money is an incentive too. Kim is a great player, and a very lucky one today.

BluSthil
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:54 PM
It's amazing how some people trash Kim after the season she is having thus far. Most players would die to have a record like Kim has had so far. Ask any player, it's takes a lot of dicipline and toughness to go 'balls to the wall' every tournament !

theFutureisNow
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:54 PM
Who cares? You know people are overreacting when you get condemned for saying something that everyone knows is true.

I'd rather hear tactless honesty than people who refuse to ever say anything at all(which many athletes do).

slamchamp
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:05 PM
lol idk what is wrong with what she said:haha:

Orbis
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:14 PM
She basically stated that if she's having an off day she might still pull through against a lower-ranked player but it just won't be enough against someone of Azarenka's caliber. :yawn: I don't see anything wrong or even tactless about that, it's just a fact. Seems like a desperate attempt to get a trivial reason to hate on Kim.

Andy.
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:20 PM
Its not just what she said yesterday its been her whole attitude and what she has been saying in press conferences since IW. She is doing a Serena and has that attitude that if its not a slam it doesnt really matter. Sure she fought back against Ana but in general she has had a pretty grumpy and unmotivated disposition this year outside of the AO. She doesnt have that much time left of the tour she should enjoy it not loathe it.

cellophane
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:41 AM
Kim is basically playing in order to pad her legacy by winning Slams against lesser competition. Serena, Venus, Justine, Jelena, Sveta, Ana, and Maria are not the quality players they were before Kim retired in 06. Slam money is an incentive too. Kim is a great player, and a very lucky one today.

Cry me a river... we can go back and invalidate the slams of each of the players you listed due to lesser competition... She's won 4 slams... that's all that matters

Volcana
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:44 AM

Mentally just kind of feel like I didn't have any fighting spirit. You know, it's obviously tough against someone like her. You know, against some lower ranked players maybe it's possible to get through matches, but against somebody like her, not."That can NOT be what anybody is complaining about.

new-york
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:50 AM
That can NOT be what anybody is complaining about.

I just got outposted.

IT CAN'T.

Volcana
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:58 AM

“99% of male tennis players can’t stand women’s tennis. There’s no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn’t for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they’re putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is ‘hit the ball where your opponent isn’t.’ Nothing more! No ‘Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand’. No way! [...] It’s that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That’s what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick”.The interesting thing about that is that his arguements are actually reasonable, it's his conclusion that isn't.

When he gave that interview, 'the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic' DID hit the ball where the opponent wasn't, because they could hit the ball through the court (although if he actually watched Venus, he'd know, in the last five years, she resort to topspin if anything far too often.)

And yes, the #60 woman gives a top ten player far less trouble than the male #60.

And he conceded that the womenpractie just as hard and as much as he does.

He's bitching about how easy the top women have it in opening rounds, and by and large that's true.

What he's NOT doing is conceding that spectator sports are a form of entertainment, and you get paid more if people want to see you. Granted it's largely thanx to Williams2X, but check out the worldwide TV ratings for slam finals. The women often draw more viewers than the men. If players got paid by TV viewership, the men would make more in the early rounds of slams, but in the late rounds, the women might actually earn a bit more.

There's also the matter that the audience for tennis may well believe in equal pay. Wouldn't do to alienate the fanbase.

Smitten
Apr 1st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Tipsarevic pressed that he is a nothing journeywoman.

wildemu
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:04 AM
The interesting thing about that is that his arguements are actually reasonable, it's his conclusion that isn't.

When he gave that interview, 'the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic' DID hit the ball where the opponent wasn't, because they could hit the ball through the court (although if he actually watched Venus, he'd know, in the last five years, she resort to topspin if anything far too often.)

And yes, the #60 woman gives a top ten player far less trouble than the male #60.

And he conceded that the womenpractie just as hard and as much as he does.

He's bitching about how easy the top women have it in opening rounds, and by and large that's true.

What he's NOT doing is conceding that spectator sports are a form of entertainment, and you get paid more if people want to see you. Granted it's largely thanx to Williams2X, but check out the worldwide TV ratings for slam finals. The women often draw more viewers than the men. If players got paid by TV viewership, the men would make more in the early rounds of slams, but in the late rounds, the women might actually earn a bit more.

There's also the matter that the audience for tennis may well believe in equal pay. Wouldn't do to alienate the fanbase.

The thing is, he is/was being very hypocritical about the whole situation because he doesn't process thoughts well on the court either. I have yet to see him cherry pick an opponent's weakness, and he just hopes his serve and strokes will be more superior against who he is playing. No thought process behind it and a lot of players are guilty of it. I see Novak, Roger, and Rafa thinking on the court, but the others are just bashing the ball hoping it stays in play.

Also, any avid viewer of both tours and I am sure you aware of it, really comes to luck of the draw on how the top women and men play in the first few rounds. He can't just generalize that all top female players have it so easy because a player like Nadal had a joke of a draw at the Aussie Open. The discrepancy in skill was larger 3 years ago, but I have confidence that a dangerous floater ranked in the 50-70's can give someone in the top 10 some trouble.

I love women's tennis, but I doubt it draws more viewers than the men's side. Equal pay is a tricky discussion because of how many sets men have to play, but he just comes off as a jealous, sexist pig in this interview.

Drake1980
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:13 AM
She didn't say anything wrong at all. She said she would still have beaten lower ranked players but not someone like Azarenka! Big deal! :shrug:

Raiden
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:32 AM
those commentators should focus on SLUMPAMURRAY instead;it's not as if Kim said anything insulting:rolleyes: :tape:

Kim has more balls to go with her vajayjay than Murray will ever have
like I said more fabric than anything:tape:

Kim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Murray:haha:

Can't possibly think of a more apt response to the stinky, ugly, shit-stirring, obnoxious, pompous Pommy "journalist" that Chris Bradnam is.

Nico_E
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:37 AM
leave Chris Bradnam alone, nothing wrong with him apart from some silly laughing at his own little anecdotes

and stop the racist shit, what has Murray to do with it everytime someone bashes a British person here? ffs

thrust
Apr 1st, 2011, 02:42 AM
Cry me a river... we can go back and invalidate the slams of each of the players you listed due to lesser competition... She's won 4 slams... that's all that matters

The fact is that when: The Williams, Justine, and Maria were playing their best Kim had 1 Slam. Maria had 3, Justine, Venus, and Serena had 5 or more. I do not blame Kim that the competition today is weak or deny that she deserves her Slams. The fact is, my statement is true, whether you like it or not. I also do not think her statement was, in any way, poor sportsmanship or incorrect.

cellophane
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:01 AM
The fact is that when: The Williams, Justine, and Maria were playing their best Kim had 1 Slam. Maria had 3, Justine, Venus, and Serena had 5 or more. I do not blame Kim that the competition today is weak or deny that she deserves her Slams. The fact is, my statement is true, whether you like it or not. I also do not think her statement was, in any way, poor sportsmanship or incorrect.

Like I said, you do not want to go down that road.. We can make "weak competition" / player X was injured / player Y was not mentally tough excuses for some/ lot of the slams the others won... I really don't want to get into that because I'm not interested in that... so no, your statement isn't realy true. I will agree that her last slam the competition was mostly garbage...but the other slams she won by beating top players...she's already proven she can do so multiple times...

Sailor Vee
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:15 AM
This makes me like her more! :devil:

Navratil
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:37 AM
@80 kg

--> only if she gains too much weight :D

As long as she looks great it's ok! Even Kournikova today would be better for a sponsor than Radwanska :D

fifiricci
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
I liked Kim a lot more before she came back :o Not a fan anymore.

Basically a Serena, except Serena can get away with it because shes funny, sassy and divalicious. Kim isnt.

I'm horrified with myself for totally agreeing with this post! :help:

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM
Nothing wrong with what she said. It's the truth.

Pretty much, even if that was actually what Kimberley meant to say - I believe she was actually trying to praise Azarenka by rating her as a top player/very difficult opponent, but it didn't came out the way Kimberley intended.

I do find it amusing that, if you take what Kimberley said literally, she's implicitly putting VIP in the category of lower ranked scrubs she can BS her way past even while playing shite. :devil:

Yeah, that.

JamieOwen3
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
It's true :shrug: i really don't get what the fuss is about as they're lower ranked for a reason so top players if not at their best can get away with it and end up with a win, 2 top 10 players is a different situation isn't it. Maybe she should have said she could get away with it in "earlier rounds"? but huge fuss over something not that big IMO.

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Kimberley doesn't like/respect VIP all that much. The way their match went, you'd think Kimberley had given up and was tanking the two final sets but then decided against it out of shame of losing to VIP.

Gawain
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
I heard somewhere that Kim said she was going to KILL everybody.

Raiden
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I heard that she was gonna eat British babies.

Linguae^
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
Kim didn't mean it that way. Don't try to penalize her words. I don't reckon she said something bad, but there's always bad-mouthing aside. :o

sweetpeas
Apr 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Who gives a fuck!

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Why would Kim be ashamed to lose to VIP.

The Witch-king
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Nobody likes her!

debby
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM

:tape: Poor Ana.

silly girl

The worst thing is that Kim talked about her as being one of her biggest fans, that Ana is an amazing girl who plays amazing, and bullshit :lol: What a hypocrite.

Sammo
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
'Suck my breadstick folks'

Super Dave
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Who cares; I'm just glad Lake Huron has melted so I can get at that seaweed. The radiation has reached Michigan, you know.

oomph
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Nobody likes her!

How couldn't they? :lol:

:tape: Poor Ana.

The worst thing is that Kim talked about her as being one of her biggest fans, that Ana is an amazing girl who plays amazing, and bullshit :lol: What a hypocrite.

You idiot, she didn't mean her.

debby
Apr 1st, 2011, 06:46 PM
You idiot, she didn't mean her.

So why did she say that right after playing Ana the day before and Vika ? :tape:

She basically said Vika >>>>>>>>> Ana

anyway as a JH fan you would know Clijsters has been a hypocrite to her :lol:

The Witch-king
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM
How couldn't they? :lol:

It''s really not that hard :shrug: