PDA

View Full Version : Miami QF: Radioactive Vika demolishes Clijsters 6-3 6-3

Lucemferre
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:33 AM
:drool::rolleyes:

Vartan
:worship: good job, Vika! 3/4 faves in the semis, :cheer:.

Mary Cherry.
FUCK YEAH!

Had me worried for a minute there :unsure:

Uranus
Disgusting from Kim.
Regroup for the clay season :lol:.

saul1333
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Played really well mostly until the mini choke at 5-1 in the 2nd set :)

Good luck in SF against Vera

Craig.
I love tennis :haha:

cellophane
Congrats Vika.

Kim, come back when you care :rolleyes:

Annie.
YESSSSSSSSSS!

http://i51.tinypic.com/20r5lyg.gif

Pops Maellard
Thank you Vika.

Miss Atomic Bomb
http://i51.tinypic.com/6z9c0p.gif

doomsday
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:34 AM
Congrats my girl, now win the title if Sharapova can't.;)

young_gunner913
Thank goodness Vika closed that out. Kim continuing to win when she couldn't give any less of a shit is ridiculous.

Slampova
Last year Kim beat Vika when she attempted to defend her title, this year Vika got her revenge and beat Kim as she attempted to defend her title.

Wiggly
Kim doesn't care anymore.

Smitten
Clijsters' defeat to Craybas was more respectable than this.

starin
Azarenka :hearts:

Tweety Snape
Great match, Vika! :woohoo:
Lovin' the semis. Can't wait!

wateva
rest your f*cking shoulder now kimmy. :fiery:

Sam.
Thank you Vika ? :lol: Thank you Kim for playing like this ^^

Sean.
Did what Ana should have.

Congrats Vika. :D

Pump-it-UP
Thrilled that Vika won, but what a horrible advertisement for women's tennis. I'm embarrassed that ESPN showed this rather than Tennis Channel. :o

Kim :facepalm:

Kairi
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:35 AM
YES..i want a Vika/Masha screamfest of a final! :lick:

2moretogo
Yo, they really don't care for Vika too much, do they? The first set was some of the best tennis I have ever seen Vika play. The second set was litered with ufes by Kim. Vika got tight, but manage to close it out with some more help from Kim.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Vika tried to choke like Ana did today but couldn't do it, unfortunately she wins :p

Kim looked just like she has been looking the past 2 tournaments, awful.

espntennis
lol, Kim needs to at least attempt to try.

Brooks.
Finished the job that Ana couldn't.

Clijsters could care less. The fact that she has won 2 majors + YEC, without giving a shit, is an embarrassment.

n1_and_uh_noone
Shades of the slaughter at the hands of Naughtya, but not quite. Clijsters made enough balls to make it look like she was comprehensively outplayed. Azarenka was probably freaking out at 5-3, 30-30, though, after getting broken before :lol:.

CrossCourt~Rally
Congrats Vika! I hope she makes the finals :bounce:

Kimmy :hug:

Mary Cherry.
Ivanovic must be REALLY gutted now :lol:

roelc
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:36 AM
kim seemed a bit tired
the last games were genius, u could sense the fear that she would do it again (save MPs to go on and win)

Sp!ffy
Kim probably could have made a comeback if she wanted to...

homogenius
Kim played without a serve tonight.each time she could have build some momentum she hit a couple of DF and got broken.She still almost cameback at the end, starting to play more freely when she was 1-5 and MPs down.Too bad she fell short it could have been interesting match.
Good match from Vika (especially on return)but she was really helped by Kim tbh.

cypher_88
YES..i want a Vika/Masha screamfest of a final! :lick:

oh. would be deliciously noisy :bounce:

Blu€
Kim :hug: tired I guess.
Vika :yeah: almost choked but finished it off, well done.

ptkten
Congrats Vika :D

This just makes Ana's collapse look even worse :rolleyes:

tsmile789
For a minute I thought vika was going ana's lane...from5-1 with 2 match points to being break!!! Thx god!!!

Roookie
Miami prestigious my ass :haha:

wildemu
why even make a comeback last night if you come on the court tonight not giving a shit?

LindsayRulz
Kim :unsure:

Congrats Vika :D

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:37 AM
THANK YOU VIKA!!!! (((((((((((((((((-_-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you had delivered the breadstick but I'll take this. Kim should not continue to win matches playing this shit-fest tennis.

Now you and or Maria win this!

Foxy

Rafito.
Thank fuck! After being up 5-1 40-15 and Kim getting it to 5-3 was convinced she was making another comeback. But thank god someone stopped the rot she has been playing awful and still manages to get far in tournaments it's ridiculous.

Make the final Vika :cheer:

Chakvenus
Vika :woohoo:
so proud, girl!

debby
FUCK YEAH!

Had me worried for a minute there :unsure:

No Facepalmarenka anymore :lol:

Vikaaaaaaaa :hearts: So happy for her !!!!!! I didn't watch the match, only the end, I thought it would start at 2am (it is 2.36 am right now) , with the warming up I only put the livescore at 2.10 am... :(

Hope Vika played well !!!

Now go for the title, please against Petkovic ! :kiss: it would be my dreamt final !

Nicolás89
Congrats Vika.

And IW/Miami are already gone. :haha:

Beny
I think there was some high quality tennis. Currently no women can produce the tennis these two showed us today (on the points Kim actually cared)

Apart from some errors, Azarenka´s form is incredible. Both defence and attacking. She takes the ball so early.

It was still worth watching despite Kim´s awful attitude these days.

Azarenka should go on to win the tournament.

saul1333
Haha..cool interview with BG

BG: you are 6-2 against Vera..what will you do
Vika: Make it 6-3

:angel:

Sharapovian
Congrats Vika. :)

For a minute looked like the same thing as yesterday could happen :sobbing:

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:38 AM
Miami prestigious my ass :haha:

You just bitter that Kim lost :tape: :help:

Rod the Bama
Good job Vika. :clap2: I was worried there for a minute, but thankfully she was able to close it out on her second chance. :)

muniu
the funniest thing is that Kim could have won it, she really fuck** up last two points ,anyway that was disgusting Kim ;)

:faceapalm:

QuietPlease
Vika :bowdown:

Jane Lane
FUCK YES VIKA! I just got home, so pissed I couldn't see it.
:inlove::inlove::inlove:

sammy01
that is as close to going through the motions as a player can get. kim looks so unmotivated, she better get some back before clay/grass or we may as well write her off till the summer hardcourts.

as a fan it is sad to see, if i was her coach i'd be screaming. i understand it, she has another life away from tennis and she has set her sights on slams and fed cup till she retires, but it is so frustrating to see. she only put in some effort at the end cus the crowd were getting restless.

vika did ok and did what she needed to do. she won this match before they stepped on court because she wanted it and kim didn't.

Temperenka
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:39 AM
Yes Vika!! I got nervous as she was trying to put it away.

Looked so happy at the end :)

Snickers :worship:

VishaalMaria
Kim still so sweet at the net.

She must be worried about her shoulder, this match and her last, she just hit too many doubles. Really, she should have skipped Miami.

Looked tired from yesterday. Lets see what she does on the clay.

Congrats Vika. Vika was playing good attacking tennis.

Zhao
She's acting exactly like how she did after she won US Open 05...

kitb
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:40 AM
Kind of laughed at the idea of some Kim haters' faces fearing another epic comeback from 1-5 to 3-6 :D
Funny how Kim has got it all in her hands though. When concerned and physically/mentally able to produce her normal game it's all said and done.
But she's been walking on a tightrope for quite some time now so it had to end. Nice she managed to still be in quarters!

QuietPlease
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:40 AM
BG: you are 6-2 against Vera..what will you do
Vika: Make it 6-3

:worship:

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:41 AM
I wonder why Kim said she came back, because if she really cared for the sport and the competition, it wouldn't matter where she played it. She looked bored for most of the AO too anyway.

muniu
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:42 AM
Congrats Vika.

don't know either Wimbledon or Us open, who gives a shit about MM Clay tournamnets :shrug: :rocker2:

pav
:worship:
I world sorta like the look of 7 2

wateva
Kind of laughed at the idea of some Kim haters' faces fearing another epic comeback from 1-5 to 3-6 :D
Funny how Kim has got it all in her hands though. When concerned and physically/mentally able to produce her normal game it's all said and done.
But she's been walking on a tightrope for quite some time now so it had to end. Nice she managed to still be in quarters!
yeah. kim is probably damn frustrated about her shoulder. which should explain her "whatever" attitude. i just hope she takes full use of the break and come back when it is fully healed. we all know what shoulder injuries can do... :help:

harloo
DEAD @ the OP's title. Radioactive Vika!! :haha::haha:A mess.

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:43 AM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Played really well mostly until the mini choke at 5-1 in the 2nd set :)

Good luck in SF against Vera

:facepalm: That was no choke, Kim went for broke and didn't miss. You know that Kim is actually way beyond Vika at the moment right? When she played 100% in certain points, Vika was barely able to run those balls down.

Congrats Vika.

Doesn't she have a shoulder injury or something.

And IW/Miami are already gone. :haha:

I think AO, USO and YEC are a BIT more important. :lol:

Man, I don't think I have ever seen a contrast between serve fail and return GOATness at the same time.

Oh wait, LenaD. :rolleyes:

But i doubt she could return THIS well.

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:43 AM
I wonder why Kim said she came back, because if she really cared for the sport and the competition, it wouldn't matter where she played it. She looked bored for most of the AO too anyway.

Except the USO 2009, Henin might have been her biggest motivation factor :tape: now she is retired... ok I am saying bullshit lol but Henin said that was the case for her anyway :lol:

Vikaaaaaaaa :hearts: still can't believe she can win another Miami title !!! please go go go for it.

homogenius
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:45 AM
I don't think Kim was unmotivated.It's Miami, she likes playing here and won it in the past.Had she not be motivated she wouldn't have play or bother to comeback against Ana.Looking at the way she served it seems to be more like a physical pb.

debby
yeah. kim is probably damn frustrated about her shoulder. which should explain her "whatever" attitude. i just hope she takes full use of the break and come back when it is fully healed. we all know what shoulder injuries can do... :help:

she always made a lot of dfs since she came back...

even at the AO she looked uninterested, she played like garbage

Miss Atomic Bomb
Would be funny if Vika wins 2 Miami titles and Henin and Pova have none :tape:

V-MAC
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:46 AM
Yay Vika:)
I would also like to see a Vika/Maria final:cool:

debby
Would be funny if Vika wins 2 Miami titles and Henin and Pova have none :tape:

0-6 7-5 6-3 :bigcry:
6-2, 6-7 (3/7), 7-6 (8/6) :bigcry:

Pova, who cares? :lol: she got routined in two sets when she lost these two finals.

Mary Cherry.
No Facepalmarenka anymore :lol:

Watch her retire at 0-6 0-5 down against Vera :lol: :weirdo:

new-york
Sweetheart doesn't give a Winnie the Pooh. :o

Well done Vika though, did what she needed to do.
Reclaim Miami.

VishaalMaria
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:47 AM

Some people believe that Kim just couldn't care less, but I believe she was a bit exhausted from last night.

And you say its all "said and done" when Kim is physically and mentally fit, but you could say that about Venus, Serena, and Maria. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Cherry.
Choked a little bit at 5:1,40:15, well actually didn't really choke, Kim did play well at those points and got the break.
But anyways, great match Vika, congrats!

BlackPanther.
:hearts: Thanks, Vika.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:48 AM

Fatoutofshaperena beating peekheng :hearts:

hankqq
Miami is the 1 tournament where Azarenka gets lucky :lol: First, beating an injured Serena in the 2009 final and now an injured Clijsters this year.

QuietPlease
I don't think Kim was unmotivated.It's Miami, she likes playing here and won it in the past.Had she not be motivated she wouldn't have play or bother to comeback against Ana.Looking at the way she served it seems to be more like a physical pb.

This.

I think she's looking forward to getting a day off between matches at the Slams....

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:49 AM

If she loses to Vera.... :o :bigcry:

wateva
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:49 AM
she always made a lot of dfs since she came back...

even at the AO she looked uninterested, she played like garbage
i thought she looked more uninterested in USO last year. :lol:
but according to those who watched, her serve was definitely slower so I guess kim didn't want to retire for 2 straight tournaments.
one thing's for sure, once kim reaches the SFs, her attitude will change. :lol:

Lucemferre
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:50 AM
You can't blame Madusah for not giving a shit.She came back to redeem her career and she did. Won 3 majors ffs. Yec,miami and other big titles too.Somebody posted her record vs no.1s was it 15-0?:tape: Owned henin's ass,there is nobody left with a + h2h except Serena.I can't see anything to complain about.

madmax
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:50 AM
Yes!!! Could care less if Fiona was injured or not, Vika had her own share of bad luck before...good win for the talented headcase here

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:51 AM
Fatoutofshaperena beating peekheng :hearts:

Puhlease :lol:

AO2007championandwinning1&1topovarena beating bagelqueenandchokerheng :hearts:

That match was epic :lol: Henin got tight at these matchpoints, Serena had the guts to go for her shots, and that's it. :rolleyes: I wish I could forget this match.

oomph
OMG one win.

Fat Serena was actually closer to her peak than when she was fit.

Doubt that she could've done that in 2004. :lol:

And about Henin not winning Miami: who gives a shit. :lol: If it was Wimbledon at least, but Miami? I think she moved on to bigger things.

Vikapower
Great win Vika... :yeah: The end was a bit scary... :lol:

ROFL !!! Vera Vika's God... she always bows down in all respect to this nerd >>> :angel: I really sincerely most profoundly hope that she destroys push-push #2. :crying2:

sandv1
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:52 AM
"Radioactive Vika" <---- :rolls::rolls::rolls:

_That_ pissed me off about Kim. She needs to stop being a coward lately, and get back to being tenacious. :rocker2::fiery:

Likewise, Vika's game is so nice to watch when she maintains form. :worship:

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:53 AM
You can't blame Madusah for not giving a shit.She came back to redeem her career and she did. Won 3 majors ffs. Yec,miami and other big titles too.Somebody posted her record vs no.1s was it 15-0?:tape: Owned henin's ass,there is nobody left with a + h2h except Serena.I can't see anything to complain about.

Henin lite.

Btw, I want to kiss Vika's feet for this. :worship: Shit was getting too boring.

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:53 AM
Great win Vika... :yeah: The end was a bit scary... :lol:

ROFL !!! Vera Vika's God... she always bows down in all respect to this nerd >>> :angel: I really sincerely most profoundly hope that she destroys push-push #2.

Your reaction to Kim-Ana result was astounding. :lol: I thought you were a Kimmie worshipper.

I want to see Vika finally living up to her potential and huge talent :sobbing: she can do so much damages on clay...

oomph
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:54 AM
She is slow though and should learn how to serve and slice (more often). Also, volley more, you're good at it you dummy.

Sp!ffy
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:55 AM
6-2, 6-7 (3/7), 7-6 (8/6) :bigcry:

Pova, who cares? :lol: she got routined in two sets when she lost these two finals.

Debby, just shut the hell up. I thought you retired with Henin. :rolleyes:

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:55 AM
homogenius;19348685]I don't think Kim was unmotivated.It's Miami, she likes playing here and won it in the past.Had she not be motivated she wouldn't have play or bother to comeback against Ana[/B].Looking at the way she served it seems to be more like a physical pb.

Thank you! People honestly believe Kim don't care?! Puhleese! She's not 16 and if what has happened to players who have had their careers derailed because of injuries, I doubt players can afford this IDK attitude.

Kim has been playing crap tennis for a bit, but has managed to win because not a lot of players believe they could beat her on the days she gave them opportunities. Ana should have yesterday but didn't. If Vika had allowed the same mess to happen Kim might not have done much to work on her issues.

If she's more injured than I care to believe then I honestly hope she recovers I want decent matches from a top player and not crap-fest.

She care but today not much was given to allow a comeback.

Foxy

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:56 AM
OMG one win.

Fat Serena was actually closer to her peak than when she was fit.

Doubt that she could've done that in 2004. :lol:

And about Henin not winning Miami: who gives a shit. :lol: If it was Wimbledon at least, but Miami? I think she moved on to bigger things.

Miami and Wimbledon are Juju's cursed tournaments. :tape: Always something bad happened.

Lucemferre
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:58 AM
Miami and Wimbledon are Juju's cursed tournaments. :tape: Always something bad happened.

She kept falling on her ass vs Serena in miami final:lol: Her only final loss in 2007:hearts:

Derek.
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:58 AM
Vika! :woohoo:

Now go win your second Miami title. :yeah: :D ;)

Vikapower
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:00 AM
Your reaction to Kim-Ana result was astounding. :lol: I thought you were a Kimmie worshipper.

I want to see Vika finally living up to her potential and huge talent :sobbing: she can do so much damages on clay...

You know I've always hated Kimmie :p but I had a new found respect for her when she came back... it was fun to see her win matches at 20-30% in the start but now this trend is boring and it's time to change register...

I didn't see the match but I just can't take Ana having lost in such to Kimmie and Kimmie herself has lost my respect...

claypova
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:01 AM
FUCK YES VIKA :worship:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:03 AM
She kept falling on her ass vs Serena in miami final:lol: Her only final loss in 2007:hearts:

There would've been one more if she had the guts to face Venus at Wimbledon.

http://i56.tinypic.com/ru7eo4.jpg

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:03 AM
So awesome. :drool: Only way I'd be happier was if Caro made it to the SF, but meh. Vika getting a tight win is almost as good. :worship:

Jane Lane
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:04 AM
How the fuck did we get on Justine/Serena in a Vika-Clijsters thread? Only in TF.

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:06 AM
:woohoo: :bigclap: :bounce:

I was able to watch the first couple of games from the dentist chair but he made me switch it off because I was getting too excited and moving around too much!!!! :fiery:

WIN IT ALL, VIKA!!!!!!

Noctis
Kim doesnt care about this MMs :hearts:
Pova-Vika final

beatrix123
THANK YOU VIKA!!!! (((((((((((((((((-_-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wish you had delivered the breadstick but I'll take this. Kim should not continue to win matches playing this shit-fest tennis.

Now you and or Maria win this!

Foxy

and maria is playing what kind of tennis? lol shit-fest times 100!

honestly though its hard to be a kim fan right now. she doesnt seem to care! no emotion throughout the match, she was going through the motions like a robot

safinfans629
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:09 AM
the worst performance by kim this year I'd rather she lost to ana yesterday!

JN
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:17 AM
Good job, Az. :yeah:

aisha
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:19 AM

I was able to watch the first couple of games from the dentist chair but he made me switch it off because I was getting too excited and moving around too much!!!! :fiery:

WIN IT ALL, VIKA!!!!!!

Girl, WTH? :eek: :lol:

Only you would put a tennis match before of your teefus. :p

Nico_E
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:19 AM
Clijsters never really turned up in Miami this year

but the memories of Ivanovic match will last forever :D

now for a Azarenka - Petkovic final with Petko winning

saul1333
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:20 AM

WIN IT ALL, VIKA!!!!!!

:lol: :angel:

@danieln1
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
Kim had to beat Ana just to throw this fiasco........ oh well, Azarenka deserved the win!!!! Now go on and defend the title!

debby
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:24 AM
How the fuck did we get on Justine/Serena in a Vika-Clijsters thread? Only in TF.

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/images/68113_lolzjpg.jpeg (http://www.heberger-image.fr)
"A one-legged player and a retired player bigger stars than Clijsters and Wozniacki? You win."

DownInAHole
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:29 AM
I have to believe that something was wrong with Kim, that was so awful. Really hard to judge how Vika is playing, it looked like just about anyone could have beaten Kim today.

I don't really have a favourite left so the only thing I want are some matches where there is not an abominable number of unforced errors, that's not too much to ask in the semis and finals is it?

Akaniero
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:42 AM
So much for the "best player on tour" :haha:

Kworb
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Kim :facepalm:

brickhousesupporter
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:43 AM
meh :shrug:........no skin in this game.

Spring Pools
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:44 AM
I got so scared when Kim got to 5-3, but yay Vika!!!

hingisGOAT
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:44 AM
Kim is just on the Serena Plan... she plays at 20% and gives the scrubs a few matches here and there, but by the time the next Major rolls around she will destroy them and win the title playing at 25%. Evil!

Mashabator
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:46 AM
VIKA :cheer:

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:55 AM
and maria is playing what kind of tennis? lol shit-fest times 100!

honestly though its hard to be a kim fan right now. she doesnt seem to care! no emotion throughout the match, she was going through the motions like a robot

And Maria has been paying for her shit-fest times 100. So what is your point really?

Kim cares. She just coming down from a high and will have to regroup and realise that playing crap will eventually get to you. Who knows she could come back and win the next 10 tourneys (God forbid of course), but losing this match means she got beaten by the player, playing better today. Nothing more nothing less.

Foxy

miffedmax
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:57 AM
Well this was a nice surprise to come home to.

BlameSerena
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:57 AM
Such a garbage match. Kim hasn't wowed me in a long while, and this is no different. Congrats to Vika though.

hurricanejeanne
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:00 AM
I just got home from math class and omfg! :woohoo:
Keep up the winning with fuckery, Vika! :cheer::sobbing::cheer:

miffedmax
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:04 AM
This was Vika's patented double-fuckery. Bwa ha ha.

lewis_davies
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:10 AM
Yes Vika! Not too sure if Kim's shoulder played a part but it's a great result nonetheless :)

Talita Kumi
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:13 AM
:woohoo:

Nicolás89
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:24 AM
People saying Kim doesn't care about Miami, seriously? How freaking RETARDED are you? She just came back from 1-5 0-40 in her previous match to this, and you say she doesn't care, WTH? I'm honestly losing all faith in humanity reading through this thread!

Gdsimmons
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:26 AM
Congrats to Vika. When I left my house before the match I did not think she would win. Good for her. Into the semis

ExXotikal
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:29 AM
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr257/breakforever/ATRL/sisterkhlovesss.gif

gc-spurs
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:29 AM
Woot! I'm quite pleased with these semis, not opposed to any of these girls taking the title, though gunning for Masha and Bepa.

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:30 AM

:lol:

VIKA?
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:37 AM
FUCK YEAH! I love you Victoria:hearys:

Ivanovic2008
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:40 AM
:cheer:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:57 AM
oh yes Vika ;) :hearts: ;) :drool:
Vika vs Masha final please

Nadjagina
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:08 AM
Yesssssssssssss... best result of the tournament so far....:bounce::bounce::bounce:

beatrix123
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:14 AM
And Maria has been paying for her shit-fest times 100. So what is your point really?

Kim cares. She just coming down from a high and will have to regroup and realise that playing crap will eventually get to you. Who knows she could come back and win the next 10 tourneys (God forbid of course), but losing this match means she got beaten by the player, playing better today. Nothing more nothing less.

Foxy

I was commenting coz you said no1 should win playing shit-fest like kim but then wanted maria to win the title ..found that funny :) though got to give it to maria for sheer will and fight

yeah hope kim gets over this phase and regroups but it feels the hunger isnt there anymore, atleast for the moment

anyways I'm rooting for petko for the title now. theres a gal with the right attitude

Daniel
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Kim :(
go get rest, rest and come back when you ready to win Roland Garros :bounce:

Berlin_Calling
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:58 AM
Extremely happy about this result :D

Belmont Lad
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:22 AM
Good God Kim, that was a dreadful display. :facepalm: :(

BlueTrees
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:27 AM
Kim still injured it seems.

Serenita
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:28 AM

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

bandabou
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:53 AM
well, well..so Serena still remains the last player to defend her Miami title. No more Houdini-acts for Kimmie this time.

peanuts
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:04 AM
:lol: @ the thread title but Kim :facepalm: :facepalm:. What's up with her? :[

tea
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Considering how unproportionally many Aza fans we have on TF I guess this result is good for the forum.:lol:

Kim:hug: Vika:bounce:

Imperfect Angel
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Vika :cheer: Is Miami her home soon?:drool:
Kim :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:35 AM
Kimberly does not give a fuck anymore :sobbing:

PLP
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:39 AM
Kim and family need a little break I think.
:hug:
Come back rested and healthy Kim!!

Vika, well done. This court definitely suits her.
I think she has a strong chance against Vera. :shrug:

Alice
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:24 AM
Thank you so much Vika! Well done! :cheer:

WhoAmI?
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:46 AM
So happy for Vika:D Keep it going:bounce:

The Witch-king
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Thank JESUS.

Libertango
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:13 AM
I'm glad it's not just the Woz/Kim tournament again.

Now I want Petkovic or Bepa to take it all.

bavaria86
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Vika:woohoo:

Tuckii
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Great stuff vika :devil:

But Kim played worse :rolleyes:

Now against Bepa :sad:

Njalle
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Win it all Vika!

J4m3ka
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:07 AM
Great result for the sport! Finally someone takes advantage of a player who hits 12 DFs and 44+ UEs per match :worship:

BartoLiNa
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:21 AM
I wish Azarenka played like this always.

Talula
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:39 AM
How could Kim be so tired?

Anyway, congratulations to Vika.

It just feels weird to me that we don't have any top players who are reliable. Maybe the days of dominance are over.

Lapaco
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM
Clijsters is doing a Clijsters from 2006. I don't expect much from the clay court season, much less the grass court season if this attitude continues.

selestribe
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:05 AM
The tennis tourist and mother is done in Miami, that's great news because her level of tennis was just awful and her play was uninspired.
It would be good to see some will to play on the court from Clijsters rather than just doing the job, there's no fun for her and for the fans.

John.
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Kim :rolleyes: Get it together please

Renalicious
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Vika :woohoo: This is her home.

M-K
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:12 AM
I just watched the highlights! Brilliant Vika!! :worship:
I was soooo close to staying up for this match, wish I had!!
Vika owns Miami!! :D

Let's have a Sharapova-Azarenka final now!!! :D :D :D

Beny
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Azarenka is playing amazingly. My money is so on her to win the tournament. Her biggest obstacle will be Zvonareva. Then whoever she faces in the final, she will win because either player on the other side of the draw is not playing great tennis.

Kim actually plays amazingly. The points she cares. She has only two problems- attitude+shoulder. Her game is still there. She hits with such an intensity. Once she gets back focused and injury-free (if ever, but I try to be optimistic), 100% fit, she will dominate every tournament she enters. Watching the match Kim really at times resembled the 2009 and 2010 US Open Kim - I mean her shots. Her attitude is awful but the most important thing is she hasnt forgottn to play tennis and hasnt lost anything on her shots. (Unlike Henin who, after the comeback, was NEVER the same player as before)

So dont be too negative about Kim. If she is back to her old self before US Open, she will win that major.

Shinjiro
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
How could Kim be so tired?
Really?

Well, she kept trying anyway, just didn't succeed this time, only about one match too late for my liking. :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:30 AM
DEAD @ the OP's title. Radioactive Vika!! :haha::haha:A mess.

best thing about this thread :hysteric: :rolls:

CWTennis
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Well done Vika! I knew you can do it! :D
Now beat Vera! :cheer:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Where did it came from, Vika??? :woohoo: :bowdown: :woohoo:

So many bad results lately... This is a great win babe! Congrats!!! :hatoff: :yeah:

Medusa... :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave: Go sobbing with B!tchmayer! :bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave:

JamieOwen3
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM
Doing a Kim of 2006? Kim of 2006 Made the SF of the 3 Slams she played in and during the US Hardcourts only a In-form Maria beat her until got injured and had to withdraw from the US Open.
Great result for Vika :yeah:
Why Kim decided to keep the ball in and playing well at 5-1 down 2 match points is beyond me. Was experiencing some deja vu for a couple of games :lol:

TuxedoSlam
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
Sad. Was hoping she'd take the title here.
Better luck next time Kim.

lewis_davies
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:36 AM
Kimberly does not give a fuck anymore :sobbing:

Remember in the last round when she beat Ivanovic from 5-1 40-0* down? Think she still cares

The 2nd Law
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:50 AM
So from all reports Kim's effort was questionable, well that would be fucking right :lol: She must only like to put in the effort against Ana :lol: :o

"Thank you Vika". I'll be happy if you win the title, Miami GOAT :worship:

Break My Rapture
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Vika played a decent and at times really good match, Kim was sloppy but I think that was to be expected.
But I'm delighted with this win. :D I hope this gives her a major confidence boost, keep it up!

jefrilibra
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Radioactive???!!! Luv it! :haha:

timafi
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
at the end of the day Kim will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azarenka.

ALWAYS!

goldenlox
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Kim should take some time off, make sure she can play 7 rounds in May.
These 2 tournaments were a waste of her time

Matt01
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:21 PM
Remember in the last round when she beat Ivanovic from 5-1 40-0* down? Think she still cares

Ana choked the match away :p

Vika :cheer:

Betty
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
why even make a comeback last night if you come on the court tonight not giving a shit?Nobody knows how Kim's shoulder would feel the day after the match Ivanovic; Kim played 2 difficiult matches in a row; Kim was suffering, everybody could see that.

Azarenka only can win from Kim when Kim is not fit and healthy. And happy Azarenka was:lol: She got the match on a golden plate from Kim:lol:

Matt01
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
at the end of the day Kim will always be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azarenka.

ALWAYS!

Bitter much?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:23 PM

ALWAYS!

Except yesterday.

Lapaco
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Except yesterday.

and in Eastbourne 2010 :tape:

Hian
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Vika :worship: Win the title now!

LCS
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
Expected after so many struggles. Ana should have put away Kim though.

Vladiricky
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Well done, Vika!!!! :cheer:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
I still can't get over radioactive vika :crying2:

Vikapower
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM

ALWAYS!

Get a grip dude... Kimmie maybe has the majors but in terms of talent they're not far from one another and maybe Vika is even slightly ahead... but you must be very objective to see these things which from evidence isn't your case.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Idly, is 6-3 6-3 really a demolition? Hopefully Kim plays this half-heartedly come Wimbledon :sobbing:

rucolo
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Nice to see Vika aggressive, motivated. Well done! :bounce:

Clijsters seems to wait for the Grand Slams. Looked like she didn`t care. :spit:

The end was funny. Vika celebrated this win over a not very motivated Clijsters. At the net Vika wanted to say something to Clijsters. But she was like, go and shake the umpire`s hand. I want to leave. lol Reminded me of the famous Dementieva-Ivanovic gif. Only difference was that Clijsters turned her head away in a "saint way", not as obvious as Dementieva. haha

gmak
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:33 PM
mixed feelings :shrug:
but in the end, Kim has the 2 slams & YEC, while Vika needs to win a big title again :)

:yeah: :D :rocker: Vika
:sad: :hug: Kim

Roookie
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Nice tank Kim. Who cares about this useless tournaments when your winning the slams. French and Wimbledon here we go :drive:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Nice tank Kim. Who cares about this useless tournaments when your winning the slams. French and Wimbledon here we go :drive:

;)

Sombrerero loco
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:15 PM
vika :hearts:

RenaSlam.
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hoping Vika takes Miami now.

jezhead
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Demolishes lol, talk about a fan :)

Temperenka
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
While Kim didn't look very interested, she didn't at the AO either. She was still fighting out there last night (had chances to come back from 5-1 down again). Why would she have bothered to have such an epic comeback against Ana just to put nothing into this Vika match? This win was more to Vika's aggressive play than Kim's disinterest.

That said, based on what I've seen ALL YEAR, Kim won't be around this time next year. Her comeback is just about over.

doomsday
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:06 PM
That said, based on what I've seen ALL YEAR, Kim won't be around this time next year. Her comeback is just about over.

THIS.

fish_wilson
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:04 PM
thank you victoria (I'm really not too found of that other player).

rucolo
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:28 PM

:haha:

Clijsters never really turned up in Miami this year

but the memories of Ivanovic match will last forever :D

:oh:

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Thank goodness Vika closed that out. Kim continuing to win when she couldn't give any less of a shit is ridiculous.

Quite.

But credit to Azarenka for playing her limited game just about the best it can be played, particularly for most of the 2nd set - making good use of angles to stay in most rallies up until Kimberley made the inevitable sloppy error, working Kimberley's shaky BH, dealing with junk well etc. ROS and depth of shot (her main strengths) were close to her best level, and she was actually trying with her serve (155-165 km/h instead of the usual 140-145 km/h), allowing her win a few quick points here and there, rather than just going for the usual 75%+ 1st serves.

Too bad that she followed the Generation Suck M.O. of spinning her serves in, pushing and waiting for the best when it was time to close out the match and nearly allowed Kimberley to turn the 2nd set around.

Anyway, Kimberley's level today made it clear that she hasn't given a shit in a while, and probably considered tanking vs VIP but when push came to shove couldn't do it out of shame of losing to her.

MBM
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
that is as close to going through the motions as a player can get. kim looks so unmotivated, she better get some back before clay/grass or we may as well write her off till the summer hardcourts.

as a fan it is sad to see, if i was her coach i'd be screaming. i understand it, she has another life away from tennis and she has set her sights on slams and fed cup till she retires, but it is so frustrating to see. she only put in some effort at the end cus the crowd were getting restless.

vika did ok and did what she needed to do. she won this match before they stepped on court because she wanted it and kim didn't.

Buffy's in my head now... She does pretty well with fiends from hell but lately we can tell that she's just going through the motions, faking it somehow... ;)

tkutsaar
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
wrong thread