PDA

View Full Version : Miami QF: [16] Maria Sharapova def. [26] Alexandra Dulgheru 36 76(6) 76(5)

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Omg.

MBM
LOL over 100 UEs between them!

duhcity
I can't.
The WTA today :lol:

alfonsojose
:yeah: :bounce:

Roookie
What a match. Maria :bowdown:

cellophane
DEATH. DULGOATRU almost won this :hysteric:

HOTMESS :rolls:

LeonHart
Eff life. Whyyyyy Alex whyyy

égalité
mess. ~120 UEs :cheer:

J.Bravo
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:22 AM
GOD that was frustrating. I wish she would play like she owns 3 grandslams!

Szczecin
Omg...

They both played so bad...

Maria was crap :help:

Alex was crap :help:

Sp!ffy
Omfg.........so glad

Vee Williams
wow, won the match with some great running at the end

sunyafei
Oh, thank god!
Alex v Andy SF would be awful.

wtatourfan
so exciting match, despite so many UE and DF from Maria!!!
:cheer:

Moveyourfeet
Filthy hot mess

:hearts:

Chakvenus
uh...a win is a win?
if she's positive that's what she'll say.

tennis-insomniac
fighto Maria.

Thank you!, what a match from both. Alex did a good job, she had a solid ground-stroke and a fitness like a horse!

njnetswill
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:23 AM
3.5 hours :eek:

Sharapova made tons of UEs but Dulgheru is a much better player than people here give her credit for. She can change the spin and pace of the ball well but can also flatten out her shots and attack. Hell a lot more fun to watch play than players like Wozniacki or Zvonareva, in my opinion.

TheBoiledEgg
Masha's serve hot mess :help:
phew she got thru but.............

Vartan
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lilhceGIU71qflpc1o1_500.jpg

OMNOMNOMNOMNONOMONOMONONM! Maria, :bigcry:, you made me SO FUCKING HAPPY! :inlove: Rest up and avenge Andrea in the semis, :cheer:.

Lorinda.
:haha: :whoresheep:

Karma almost got Maria for that Golovin match....

NyCPsU
At least the end was fun. :p

Alex :sad: So classy at the end. Loved her reaction at 5-5 in the tiebreak. :D

claypova
:haha::haha:

i dont care how she won, she made back to back BIG semis :sobbing::hearts:

carling
...and this is why I love Maria Sharapova! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Wiggly
Dulgheru clapping for the crowd and signing autographs after a 3h30 loss. True class.

Congrats Maria, what an epiiiiiiic win!

madmax
Instant classic:bowdown::eek: Injured and hobbled champion overcomes a pusher from hell...into the records

Bayo
Horrible match, but I give her props for the effort. The way she handled that ankle roll was fierceness.

Keegan
I thought it was an exciting match. Players like DulGOAT give Maria a lot of trouble.

Patrick345
Great drama and some good tennis in the 3rd set.

Don“t know how Dulgheru manages to lose to Morita, Hradecka AND Zakopalova, while going 1-6 on hardcourt. :help:

*Nefertiti*
I like fighting spirits and I like that she is serious. But she took a risk with a foot injury, I hope she is not injured.

Maria has the spirit back and this is so good but she needs to train more. She makes a lot of errors.

Good fight from both girls even with all those faults! At least they have played for 3:30 hours.. I can't do that!!

gc-spurs
Mashafans suffered multiple organ failures, but it was worth it to see our gal fight (and suck) like that.

eck
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Maria :cheer:

Alex :hug:
Bad luck.

danieln1
Almost 80 unforced errors from Maria, but it was a huge confidence booster for her, and I have a new found respect for Dulgheru, fought until the end, and was gracious at the net!!!!

At least this to save the day!

Curcubeu
Got fucked twice in a tie break! :sobbing:

Why couldn't she lose in straights, that wouldn't be as half as frustrating! :fiery:

simonsaystennis
Only Maria can give me this kind of heart attack... I am SHAKING right now. By no means was it pretty, GREAT FIGHT MARIA!!! :woohoo:

spencercarlos
76 errors Maria, still got it going on each tiebreak!!!!!!!

Petco seems to get into the final IMO based on the Australian Open rematch with maria!!! :o

Steff_forever
Alex played the best she can :bowdown:

Masha: much too tight to feel a real triumph. But a win after 3,5 hrs is better than nothing ;)

Masha :hatoff:

Cakeisgood
HOT MESS BUT SO EPIC.

The drama, the rolled ankle, OMG.

Eduardo Oliveira
MARIA :bounce:
:sobbing: UE :smash:

GL agains Pet!

Oneofakind0490
That was the first time I ever saw Dulgheru play and well she lives to her reputation on the forum. Its a shame she couldnt finish Maria after her injury and move her around. I see why she is good on clay.

Whoever the guy on Tennis Channel really loves Maria. Silence when Dulgheru hit a volley winner and tie it at 5-5 but when Maria hit a good return the next point he couldnt contain his excitement:o.

Vikapower
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Maria soooooooo much tacky drama :rolls: but the true and undisputable champion has survived... Maria you killed me. :yeah:

zhengjieforever
wow..... i started watching this match at like 4-2 sharapova up in the 3rd set. did not expect this. twist after twist.

both players were amazing. respect for dulgheru for being such a good sport and having a cute grunt. her game is so solid. and sharapova of course is either double faulting or hitting sick winners. a lot of heart from masha to sprain/twist her ankle and then come back to win.

good game :)

Slampova
Maria sets her new UE record for a match :bounce:

Good luck against Petko

AcesHigh
Wow.. Maria def Maria

Dulgheru had no business being in that match. Ton of those shots landed midcourt

Temperenka
That poor crowd :sobbing:

Maria :yeah:

Belmont Lad
Drama. Fierceness. Injury. EPIC Hot Mess. Guts. Glory. Maria. :worship::worship:

alfonsojose
Clay waits for her. RG 2011 is yours :inlove:

vw.
WTA, learn how to put away a short ball, PLEASE.

nicidle
wow. 3 and a half hours.
Gd to see her winning
please win the whole thing.

Rafito.
Oh my god. Thank god she got the win :sobbing:
What a longg stressful match. Hopefully Maria sorts out this ankle, and her game for Petkovic.

Matej
Epic match, full of drama. :) If this match doesn“t prove that Sharapova is a extremely one-dimensional player, I don“t know what else could pove it. :)

One thing is certain, though. Maria will not beat Wozniacki anytime soon, or - more likely - never again. :(

Anyway, great fight from both players, in particular Dulgheru.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:26 AM
That was awful.
Alex pushing the ball into court, praying for Sharapova errors. Sharapova made A LOT but her aggressive game and fighting mentality won out.
I'd be surprised if Maria gets past Petkovic, she looked terrible tonight. Plus add on the ankle injury she got at 5-5, things seem iffy the way things are going

Nico_E
LOLL nice acting skills there Dame Sharapova

only way she wins matches thesedays is facing some utter mug without anything resembling a serve

tucker1989
Dulgheru clapping for the crowd and signing autographs after a 3h30 loss. True class.

Congrats Maria, what an epiiiiiiic win!

She won a fan in me tonight. Such sportsmanship and such fight. She's far more fun to watch than some pushers out there, as she has the ability to mix it up and flatten the ball. Was cheering for Maria tonight, though. Hope she takes it!

Craig.
I don't give a fuck if her form is like a top 500 player at the moment, she's got heart, she's got guts, she gives me thrills and let's face it, she's winning again! Davai Masha :yeah:

ExXotikal
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8894/lilkim.gif

Vee Williams
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:27 AM
LOLL nice acting skills there Dame Sharapova

only way she wins matches thesedays is facing some utter mug without anything resembling a serve

I do suggest she get the Oscar for this performance

PerfectForm
3.5 hours :eek:

Sharapova made tons of UEs but Dulgheru is a much better player than people here give her credit for. She can change the spin and pace of the ball well but can also flatten out her shots and attack. Hell a lot more fun to watch play than players like Wozniacki or Zvonareva, in my opinion.

Exactly what I thought! Even when she hits with alot of spin, she actually tries to get an angle and not just push it back to the middle of the court. It was really classy of her to sign autographs at the end, most players would have just walked off with their face down towards the floor.

Jane Lane
Holy fuck, that was bad. I stayed up for that? At least Eva was there. :lol:
Um I want to see them play on clay. I smell a 76 67 1715 RG match.

Will say though, Alex impressed me. Girl will run all day;great hands too. Just no serve. :lol:

MH0861
Much respect to Alex, she didn't play great but competes so well and is so fit :worship:

Smitten
:lol: to the few posters who argued Miami was that much faster than Indian Wells. This might as well been Estoril tonight.

Dulgheru drowning the ball in topspin and Sharapova unable to consistently punish anything. Everything seemed to come back, and there was no penalty for Dulgheru spinning in serves all match.

Sharapova is #9 in the rankings for now unless she wins the title and Azarenka loses to Clijsters.

Curcubeu
But at least she reached one thing! People on this board and in the stadiums got to know from her and at times really cheered for her, so that she won't stay any longer the best player you have never heard of! :yeah:

HRHoliviasmith
i feel like i'm in the twilight zone. how did dulgheru lose that match? :sobbing:

BepaMaria
Maria as usual trying to give me a heart attack when playing noobs:o. Seriously she should retire if she had lost this match.

However, a professional tennis player has about 5 days a year where she is playing exceptionally well and is almost unbeatable and Dulgheru was experiencing one of those days today. Maria did really well to hang in there with her in-form opponent and capitalised on her opponent's lapses in concentration during the 2nd and 3rd sets to eventually grind out the win. Any other player would have lost against Dulgheru today so good job by Maria the mental giant:yeah:.

I actually feel a bit sad for Dulgheru today because she played so well and still lost in such a tight match. This match has earned my respect for her.

Lets hope that this win will skyrocket Sharapova's confidence and help her against Petkovic in the next round.

alfonsojose
Girls are fitter now. When 3 or more balls come back, she's falling apart. And the serve. Not everyone is Kim or Serena returning. Spin it, mix it :(

tennis-insomniac
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Mashafans suffered multiple organ failures, but it was worth it to see our gal fight (and suck) like that.

If my left kidney would worth her win grand slam again, come and get it anytime !

s_j
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:28 AM
What the match lacked in quality and quantity of winners was redeemed by the drama, intensity and unpredictability! The match was incred and hopefully Maria won't play like a donkey on roller skates in the semis!

cellophane
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Any other player would have lost against Dulgheru today so good job by Maria the mental giant:yeah:

:hysteric:

You are trying hard to upstage DuMamaJama, aren't you?

Maria Croft
I was about to complain how this was her worst performance since her match against Oudin, broken more often than she broke herself :tape:

But then she twists her ankle and fights for the win, mad respect for that :worship:

I wonder how the cold affected her shoulder though, her double faults number hasn't been this high in ages.

pokey camp
Drama. Fierceness. Injury. EPIC Hot Mess. Guts. Glory. Maria. :worship::worship:

All of this. :lol:

AcesHigh
:lol: to the few posters who argued Miami was that much faster than Indian Wells. This might as well been Estoril tonight.

Dulgheru drowning the ball in topspin and Sharapova unable to consistently punish anything. Everything seemed to come back, and there was no penalty for Dulgheru spinning in serves all match.

Sharapova is #9 in the rankings for now unless she wins the title and Azarenka loses to Clijsters.

There was no penalty b/c Maria was AWFUL. Some of those balls Dulgheru was hitting I could have put away easily for winners.
Sharapova needs to play a lot better in the next round.

rucolo
Epic win, Maria! :bowdown:

You will kill me one day. :sobbing:

Vee Williams
If my left kidney would worth her win grand slam again, come and get it anytime !

i feel sorry.

Patrick345
That was the first time I ever saw Dulgheru play and well she lives to her reputation on the forum. Its a shame she couldnt finish Maria after her injury and move her around. I see why she is good on clay.

If she lived up to her reputation on the forum, she would have lost 0-6 2-6 tonight. :lol::lol:

I saw her give Zvoanreva a match at the USO, raced out to a 3-0 lead and really forced Zvonareva to dig deep. Even then I thought her results don“t match her ability on hardcourt. She should not be losing to players like Hradecka, Zakopalova and Morita, especially not with that frequency, but everybody will hate to play her at the French Open. That“s for sure. You don“t want to see her in round three as a top eight seed.

pedropt
So epic :crying2:

Love u Maria :inlove:

BlackPanther.
Alex :hug::hug: Happy you are showing some decent form on hardcourts.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Maria played like a top 100 player but she'd be the one I'll choose to fight for my life. :sobbing:

Vincey!
Even though that match was not so good, the last few games were amazing! It's the best I've seen Maria fight in AGES! It was so great to see her not giving up and keep fighting and fighting! I'm so happy she pulled that win! So tense but she stayed focused even though she got that injury at the end, not sure how severe it is but she played great after that injury! lol :hearts:

spencercarlos
At least the end was fun. :p

Alex :sad: So classy at the end. Loved her reaction at 5-5 in the tiebreak. :D
Actually that reaction made her lost so quick in the last two points, she lost her focus. So many times you see players with rare reactions at important points in matches and then crumble. :tape:

alfonsojose
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Roger / O. Rochus to play now :eek: ?

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
:sobbing:

Davenport says of Maria "my level of respect coming in this match was insanely high but it's at a different level now"

Slutiana
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:32 AM
:hysteric: I can't with the WTA today. Great fight from Maria, especially with that nasty ankle injury. Images of 2006 Miami came flooding back - I feel sick.

jdog3008
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM
heartattackpova :o

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:33 AM

Is that good or bad? :unsure:

*Nefertiti*
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
So, is she injured? She is going to need MRI I think.

aisha
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Christ on a saltine cracker - what a weird match. :cuckoo:

:hug: For Maria, toughing it out on a bum ankle.

zhengjieforever
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:37 AM
i can definitely understand how shushu lost to her. dulgheru gets like every single ball back. she doesn't seem to have that much power though, but yeah, she spins the ball a lot sometimes. looks like a counterpuncher to me? :confused:

Roookie
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Maria showed a lot of heart in the last points. Always going for her shots no matter what. What a day for the WTA :happy:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM
An EPIC HOT FREAKING MESS :sobbing:

Lindsay :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Hot Fucking Mess, but omfg allez Pova! :cheer::sobbing:

Pova virtually donated the match to Alex with all the doublefaults, all the errors (is 76 the record by the way?)

If anything this match showed that beneath all the errors, the doublefaults, the lack of faith in her shots at times, Maria still has the balls that won her three slams. It may take her another year or two to get over the doubts her shoulder put in her mind, but when her back was against the wall and she got hurt she didn't fade away like many other players would have.

Shvedbarilescu
Very proud to be a fan of Alex. In every way throughout the contest she carried herself with class and fought to the end. Can't ask more from a player than that. And then after such an epic match, despite being defeated she is signing autographs and still holding her head high. I love her attitude and resilience. A match like this would break the heart of a lot of young players but Alex will already be looking forward to her next match.

As for this match, well, there were a lot of errors but actually it was still pretty entertaining and there were a lot of fine points too. Respect to both players. Maria can feel very good about herself having come through that. I hope her ankle holds up. Even though I wanted Alex to win, I don't regret staying up half the night to watch it and considering how tired I now am that's pretty high praise. ;)

Bonfire
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Congrats Maria! It was nice to see her fight so hard till the last point. Well deserved win. Watching Maria turn her ankle like that in slow motion made me cringe! Hope it's nothing serious.
Good luck in semis!!

BepaMaria
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:41 AM

You are trying hard to upstage DuMamaJama, aren't you?

No, but you cannot deny the fact that she was playing lights out tennis and gave it her all in this match. I give credit where credit is due.

Sp!ffy
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Girls are fitter now. When 3 or more balls come back, she's falling apart. And the serve. Not everyone is Kim or Serena returning. Spin it, mix it :(

Maria has said multiple times that she doesn't feel the spin on the ball anymore.

Shafanovic.
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM

pokey camp
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Stonerpova
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Honestly, there are no words. She just fights till the bitter end every match. It's pretty inspirational stuff.

Matches like these keep me convinced Sharapova will win more slams. Well done, Shazza. Fight on.

Andy.
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Utter trash but what fight from both girls espceially Masha. Hope her ankle will be OK.

sammy01
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:53 AM
well you really have to hand it to the wta when it does bad, it does it epic style. just painful for anyone who isn't a fan of either and i cant assume it was fun for fans of those 2 either.

CloudAtlas
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Kudos to Sharapova , at the end she won it on guts alone , what a fighter. Despite all the errors it was an enthralling match , only ruined by the impatient and rude Federer fans in the audience. I tried to go to sleep but this match seemed unmissable :p

I don't expect Sharapova to beat Petkovic with a sprained ankle although not sure how serious her injury is , but I hope she can give her a match at least. But she's back to the top 10 so a big well done to her!

As for Dulgheru , well I admire her defensive qualities and when I watch someone so defensive from a completely neutral point of view it actually is astounding how much hard work is involved! She definetely made a fan of me today , plus she was so gracious in defeat, good luck to her for the clay season , would love to see her crack the top 20.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:03 AM

Craig :sobbing:

mckyle.
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Fighta!!!

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Maria!! :hysteric: :sobbing: what a win,THANK GOD!

Hope that ankle is not serious. :scared: :help:
we need a revenge against Petkovic. :fiery:

Sally Todd
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Good try Alex, nice fight Pova.

Looking forward to Alex on clay this year.

AnomyBC
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:45 AM
That match was F*CKING EPIC!!!!! :worship: So happy for Maria! Back in the Top 10!!!!! :bounce::banana::woohoo:

Lachy
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:58 AM
This is why I'm a fan of this chick. Full fcking stop.

Six Feet Under
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:13 AM
LOLOLOL

A mess :sobbing:
Alex :bigcry:

Fantasy Hero
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:14 AM
OMG :hysteric: why Alex?! why?! :sobbing:

bavaria86
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Alex:bigcry::hug:

Ferg
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:40 AM
ALEX :sobbing:

You'll get her next time. :yeah:

Sharapovian
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Wow so close :eek: well done Maria for hanging in there and fighting through. Wish I watched it now.
And she rolled her ankle, hopefully that won't be too bad :unsure: and she'll be fit for her next match.

Back in the top 10 :cheer: and back to back Semis. :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:56 AM
3.5 hours? Is Maria actually trying to push in this match (especially after she commented that don't need to hit winners to win a match)?:lol:

hdfb
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Alex :hysteric: Too bad :(

Zin
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Had Dulgheru any MPs?

Crux Squall
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Had Dulgheru any MPs?

No :)

Jajaloo
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
ROFL this epic! :haha:

s_j
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Yes, Maria! I love you!

This is what she had to say about the ankle she rolled over:

“It hurt when I did it. I iced it a lot and did an ice bath and got it taped. I think I'll be okay. I'm tough.”

Cherry.
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Had Dulgheru any MPs?
No, Alex was up 6:5 in the 2nd set but Maria held serve there and didn't give away any mp. Then in the 3rd set Alex served for the match at 5:4 but got broken and didn't manage to get any mp as well. And no mps in both tiebreakers.
Maria won at her first mp.

gc-spurs
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM
What the match lacked in quality and quantity of winners was redeemed by the drama, intensity and unpredictability! The match was incred and hopefully Maria won't play like a donkey on roller skates in the semis!

I was about to complain how this was her worst performance since her match against Oudin, broken more often than she broke herself :tape:

But then she twists her ankle and fights for the win, mad respect for that :worship:

I wonder how the cold affected her shoulder though, her double faults number hasn't been this high in ages.

This and this.

It was so error ridden and ugly, but so intense and epic at the same time. So much fight from Maria, ankle, tears, play on, tiebreak.... just crazy.

It was like that one point where Mash dropshots, Alex gets it back, Mash DSs again, Alex gets it back again, and the point ends with Mash winning it on an awkward shot. Both :weirdo: and :drool: at the same time. So ugly but entertaining.

Beat
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:33 AM
but of course people were laughing about this match beforhand and throwing around scorelines like 6:0 6:0 or 6:1 6:0 ...

GreenGrass
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I told you :lol:
I knew this match would be tough for Maria.

doomsday
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM
I died at 4/5 in the last set I thought she was going to lose she proved me wrong, congrats for your fight:hearts:
top 10 is a lock.:)

goldlion
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM
This and this.

It was so error ridden and ugly, but so intense and epic at the same time. So much fight from Maria, ankle, tears, play on, tiebreak.... just crazy.

It was like that one point where Mash dropshots, Alex gets it back, Mash DSs again, Alex gets it back again, and the point ends with Mash winning it on an awkward shot. Both :weirdo: and :drool: at the same time. So ugly but entertaining.

That sounds interesting. I hope there are highlights somewhere sometime later :)

s_j
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Interview:

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/2011-Maria-Sharapova-March-29.aspx

F-R-E-A-K
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
:eek: :eek:

Congrats Maria :hearts: :hearts:

Dani12
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
This was the best and worst of the WTA. Errors galore, but clutch, dramatic, edge of your seat intense. LOVE IT.

Pops Maellard
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Great win Masha, and great fight! I bet this match was a horror show. :lol:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Oh Sash... So close... :awww: :hug: :smooch:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:26 AM
but of course people were laughing about this match beforhand and throwing around scorelines like 6:0 6:0 or 6:1 6:0 ...

They'll never learn. Even after PenGOAT thrashing! :tape: :bs:

Cherry.
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Great win Masha, and great fight! I bet this match was a horror show. :lol:It literally was :o

claypova
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I told you :lol:
I knew this match would be tough for Maria.

IKR, whenever Masha plays a player who gives her no pace, she is a hot mess :[

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I can't, this is too much. Maria hardly beat Dulgheru :help: Good that she has an extra day to rest. Let's reach the final :hearts:

Richie's
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I don't know which is worst...
The fact that Sharapova manages somehow to reach 2 B2B SF's on Premier 5 events without playing a high level tennis.... Or Dulgheru with only a match win before the tournament, reaching the QF and so close to SF...

claypova
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know which is worst...
The fact that Sharapova manages somehow to reach 2 B2B SF's on Premier 5 events without playing a high level tennis.... Or Dulgheru with only a match win before the tournament, reaching the QF and so close to SF...

she was playing amazing tennis to get to the SF of Indian Wells :ras:

osseous
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Maria. :bounce: :hug:

Andy.
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
And she has played well in this tournament apart from the last match.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Exactly, esp. Safina match. :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Although I was wondering if Maria set a WTA history record with 76 UEs? :sobbing:

Renalicious
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
What the hell :hysteric:

young_gunner913
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Everything about this match was utterly embarrassing for Martha except for the fact that she won. But getting stretched to the absolute limit by Dulgheru doesn't look too good either. A win is a win though.

Ballbasher
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:36 AM
All these people saying how embarrassing it is for Masha and so on are quite annoying.
Alex is a better player, than she is given credit for. She has a great court sense and an even better attitude. She is able to change pace and duirection, which leads to errors by her opponents. She has proven herself on the big stage and just fell short, but I can't worry too much about her, cause she seems so positive. :hug:

Saying that Masha :bowdown: Another SF!!! :inlove: Now make her stop doing that stupid dance.

Andy.
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Taylor Dent's Facebook:

"Just watched Sharapova play. Not the best tennis I have seen her play, but I think she is one of the mentally toughest athletes I have seen. Men or women. Any sport. Well done Maria."

:worship::worship::worship:

The Witch-king
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Taylor Dent's Facebook:

"Just watched Sharapova play. Not the best tennis I have seen her play, but I think she is one of the mentally toughest athletes I have seen. Men or women. Any sport. Well done Maria."

:worship::worship::worship:

Cute :)

Huntress55
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:05 PM
She won, so yay :yeah:

RenaSlam.
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM
A wins a win. Doesn't matter in the long run.

SVK
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Although I was wondering if Maria set a WTA history record with 76 UEs? :sobbing:

Hantuchova had 101 against Harkleroad X years ago in RG once and Tsurenko 83 against Larsson in FedCup this year

Dulgheru“s sportmanship and behaviour is one of the best on WTA if not the best...I noticed it already in Warsaw when she was outside TOP 200 but wasn“t acting like many others players would when reaching SF/F/W in WTA Premier event...so classy...this match has something special, I was able to watch it until 5 AM although both aren“t my faves...definitely pushing isn“t as bad thing as others think, Alex“s pushing made som epic points there and It was fun to watch (dropshot, lob, dropshot from Maria was epic:spit:) Shame that she couldn“t finish it out:(

goldlion
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah it's not the best tennis. But she wins so what?

Yeah 76 unforced errors and 17 double faults, but she manages to leave with a win, so what?

Caroline doesn't have to hit winners but she wins, so what?

I totally admired Maria's fight and attitude and she is so deserved to win as well.

I was thinking if she thought about giving up after losing the first year.

But I guess her desire to get back to top 10 kinda keeps her focused.

Kitten63
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:17 PM
What a win,congrats Maria :inlove:

Back in the top ten :cheer:

nevetssllim
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Hantuchova had 101 against Harkleroad X years ago in RG once and Tsurenko 83 against Larsson in FedCup this year

Henin supposedly hit 100+ UEs in a match but what's classed as an UE is very subjective and I don't really pay much attention to the exact figures.

Fantasy Hero
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
i saw the few games they showed on ES and honestly i don't understand why everyone is complaining about the match :shrug:
sure maria was a error machine, but honestly everytime i get to see her playing it's kinda the same, she hits the ball with 100% power always, you cannot think or even hope that she doesn't miss at least 1/3 of them all!
on the other hand Alex payed a solid match and watching her playing on this surface i don't understand why she's achiving so few wins because she's not just moonballs and slices, but has a great placement and power is some shots

Break My Rapture
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:27 PM
DAVAI.

:cheer: Raise your level a couple of notches for Petko in a couple of days please, hopefully the ankle isn't serious but it looked pretty painful.

Dulgheru is pretty underrated here, her volleys and defense are very good. Her offense isn't too shabby either.

Hian
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Masha :eek:

Curcubeu
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
If this girl would have a serve! :hysteric: :smash: :help:

But I'm confident for the future!

Let's rock the clay season now! :rocker:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
All these people saying how embarrassing it is for Masha and so on are quite annoying.
Alex is a better player, than she is given credit for. She has a great court sense and an even better attitude. She is able to change pace and duirection, which leads to errors by her opponents. She has proven herself on the big stage and just fell short, but I can't worry too much about her, cause she seems so positive. :hug:

Saying that Masha :bowdown: Another SF!!! :inlove: Now make her stop doing that stupid dance.

Great post. Totally agree. As much as I like Alex I also never worry when she loses because you can tell her attitude is so strong she can take defeat better than anyone and just carry on improving.

I honestly think she approaches the game with the intent of playing every point to the very best of her ability and as long as she does that she she is happy whatever the result. Nothing ever seems to faze her or intimidate her either as she always seems to be aware of the bigger picture that the match she is playing is just 1 of several hundred she will play in her career and what is most important is simply that she continues to improve and learn.

When people talk about a player's strengths they normally talk about things like backhands and forehands and serves. But Alex's attitude on and off the court is about as big strength as any player could hope to have and it is this quality that always leaves me in no doubt that Alex has an outstanding career ahead of her.

NeoZod19
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Champs ALWAYS WIN BAD MATCHES!!!!

IMO, Maria is one of them!! ;)

Best of luck Maria!!:)

KBdoubleu
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Not even close. I remember Henin hitting over 100 against Smashnova one year. Sadly, that's probably not a record either. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2002-03-24/sports/0203240278_1_henin-israel-tennis

LCS
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
:help: epic scoreline :spit:

Monzanator
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM
This was a case of mind over matter as ever I saw one for Maria (even tops the RG 2009 vs Li Na when she got bagelled in the second set and looked dead in the water before somehow coming back to win). Alex has finally found some crack on the hard courts, but even my positive feelings towards her since being Warsaw-GOAT just could't overcome my potential anger if Maria lost this match after so much effort. However I don't think she'll be able to put away Petkovic who is on a hot streak in Key Biscayne. Nevermind though, this match has put more hapiness into my heart that even if she doesn't win a match on clay this year, I'll still be remembering this epic battle.

I've read all the pages here and no one has mentioned it (only some fierce Mashabators would be aware of that :lol: ), but this was Maria's longest match on WTA ever. At 3h 28m this was exactly two minutes longer then her previous longest match vs Anabel Medina Garrigues in Amelia Island 2008 R3 which she also won with a couple of TB 76(3) 57 76(1) :)

doooma6816
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:51 PM
What a thriller hahha!
Amazing fight from Pova...
Dulgheru is pushing, but she is good at it. ;p

I'm glad Maria can have one day rest...but IMO it'll be hard to beat Petko.

VishaalMaria
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I really really enjoy it when Maria fights! Reminds me of her old self (except the sub-par playing). I hope she fights against Petkovic. Go MARIA!!!

1987518LPF
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Maria,you are the new DF Queen.:devil:

doujyr
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:01 PM
any news about the ankle? any danger she'll wd?

2moretogo
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:03 PM
That was a match Maria should have and needed to win. Good way to gut it out in the ehd.

Dulgheru had her opportunities, great learning experience for her I think.

FORZA SARITA
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Alex :hug: you'll get your revenge on clay don't worry :drool:

gmak
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Maria :worship: :yeah: :D :scared:
tremendous fighting spirit even when she plays like crap :)

boy, what a day it's been :o :lol:

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Wow, that was amazingly bad :tape:. Watching a player hit a screaming winner and follow it up with 10 poor errors, bad footwork and godawful attempts at touch shots just makes the good play seem like random events. Impossible to see Sharapova making much of an impact at the business end of tournaments with her wildly inconsistent play from match to match. And she got broken truckloads of times.

Disappointed with Dulgheru. Too much down-the-middle play, even if Sharapova was gleefully erratic, and she could really go for better placement and pace on her serve. Dulgheru's forehand is quite inconsistent, and so many errors from her simply won't cut it, as Wozniacki has shown time and again.

Monzanator
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM
It's all in the head, my friend. As bad as Sharapova's game has gone over the past two years, she still can prevail on her willpower alone much unlike most of the tour. Yes, she has more problems closing out matches especially serving for them, but she's still the mental GOAT out there :worship:

MiiMo
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Great Fight Maria.
Think she's gonna make it against Petko as she has a day of rest.
But, it won't be surprising if she retires from Chareleston next week.

NeoZod19
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
any news about the ankle? any danger she'll wd?

That's what worries me as well!!!:confused:

Please God help her:bowdown:, let her ankle rest and ready for the SF match, we want to see good tennis!!!

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Not even close. I remember Henin hitting over 100 against Smashnova one year. Sadly, that's probably not a record either. http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2002-03-24/sports/0203240278_1_henin-israel-tennis

I'm so glad it's not Maria. :sobbing:

*Nefertiti*
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Sharapova has the spirit back which was the most important thing about her game, but she really needs more training to polish her game and reduce her error percentage. She needs to train and use new tactics with players like Wozniacki. She needs a coach like Uncle Tony who taught Nadal how to beat every player in the tour. She also needs to forget about fashion shows and all the distractions.

DefyingGravity
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
BETTA WORK IT MARIA!!!! Get that title. Her fight so clearly can rival Serena's at its peak. I want her back in the top 10, where she belongs. She and Ana could generate interest again.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:37 PM
BETTA WORK IT MARIA!!!! Get that title. Her fight so clearly can rival Serena's at its peak. I want her back in the top 10, where she belongs. She and Ana could generate interest again.

After Miami she will be No. 9. :)

FleetSeb
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yay Maria, getting the win even when she plays badly... play better against Petko.

doujyr
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:12 PM
i don't suppose many remember the 2006 uso. pova played real garbage the early rounds (though the scorelines don't show it) then turned in two stellar perfs in the sf and f. these sorts of things are nothing new, maybe just a bit more extreme than they used to be.

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
What a shame that the brainless ballbasher won and the more exciting player lost.

GermanBoy
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Just seen this result & really have to say that Sam Stosur is oh so overrated while Sharapova is just the best beating everybody with ease... Yeah, dream on!!!

Sharapova might be a former No. 1 & might have won Grand Slams which Sam has not (yet) done but who are you trying to kid that Sharapova these days is better than Sam or Wozniacki?!? :rolleyes:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Just seen this result & really have to say that Sam Stosur is oh so overrated while Sharapova is just the best beating everybody with ease... Yeah, dream on!!!

Sharapova might be a former No. 1 & might have won Grand Slams which Sam has not (yet) done but who are you trying to kid that Sharapova these days is better than Sam or Wozniacki?!? :rolleyes:

You mad? :spit:

GermanBoy
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM
People on here don't see that sometimes a player - in this case Sam Stosur - can't really deal with another player's game - in this case Sharapova. Just because Sharapova won the match against Sam doesn't make her the better player.

Sharapova might have been No. 1 before & she might have won Grand Slams. No one is taking that away from her. BUT it is past.

Sam has had much much better results over the last 2 years compared to Sharapova. Tennis is not just about 1 match or 1 opponent, it's about 1 year, several tournaments & several matches.

Nothing to do with being mad, just facts! End of discussion!

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
You mad? :spit:
These days, Wozniacki is by far the better player.

Let's look at the race so far.

Wozniacki #1 so far with 3121 points. 3121!
Sharapova is #14 with 800 points :lol:

3121 points >>>>>>>>> 800 points BY A MILE BTW!

Wozniacki >>>>> Sharapova.
To top it off, Wozniacki has destroyed her in their last 2 matches.
Also, she's been way better the past 2 years too...

As for Stosur, she's at #24 in the race with 555 points, but the past year or so she has been WAY BETTER than Sharapova.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM

As for Stosur, she's at #24 in the race with 555 points, but the past year or so she has been WAY BETTER than Sharapova.

You're forgetting a main fact in making your argument stronger :yeah:

0 slams >>>>>>> 3 slams totally :bowdown:.

Caro GOAT :worship:

MaruSharapova
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Maria's career started in 2003 though, not in 2009. Better not forget how she played before the shoulder :lick:

doomsday
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:11 PM

With pretty much 10 winners in both matches:lol::lol:
Spare us the details we know Maria was shit:lol:

Noctis
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Impress with Dulgherus footwork on hard chasing everything down :lol:

Break My Rapture
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Could the pressed fans of neither player involved in this match please get their off-topic "discussion" elsewhere? Thank you.

Adal
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Cool.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Who's arguing? I didn't say anything. As usual, you're being overly defensive. :haha:

Obviously my two worded post hit your nerve. Oopsie. :p

Vee Williams
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Impress with Dulgherus footwork on hard chasing everything down :lol:

Fakepova was running quite well herself, especially at the end

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM

Ignorance at its best :worship:

Vee Williams
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ignorance at its best :worship:

You should know best. You preach it on here.

Ferg
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM
stabby life at work again with the blones of the world :inlove:

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM
You should know best. You preach it on here.

OMG you're so witty :oh:

Vartan
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:36 PM

:weirdo:, don't even.

gc-spurs
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
This was a case of mind over matter as ever I saw one for Maria (even tops the RG 2009 vs Li Na when she got bagelled in the second set and looked dead in the water before somehow coming back to win). Alex has finally found some crack on the hard courts, but even my positive feelings towards her since being Warsaw-GOAT just could't overcome my potential anger if Maria lost this match after so much effort. However I don't think she'll be able to put away Petkovic who is on a hot streak in Key Biscayne. Nevermind though, this match has put more hapiness into my heart that even if she doesn't win a match on clay this year, I'll still be remembering this epic battle.

I've read all the pages here and no one has mentioned it (only some fierce Mashabators would be aware of that :lol: ), but this was Maria's longest match on WTA ever. At 3h 28m this was exactly two minutes longer then her previous longest match vs Anabel Medina Garrigues in Amelia Island 2008 R3 which she also won with a couple of TB 76(3) 57 76(1) :)

Heyyyyy she won that tournament didn't she? :devil:

lefty24
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:45 PM
People on here don't see that sometimes a player - in this case Sam Stosur - can't really deal with another player's game - in this case Sharapova. Just because Sharapova won the match against Sam doesn't make her the better player.

Sharapova might have been No. 1 before & she might have won Grand Slams. No one is taking that away from her. BUT it is past.

Sam has had much much better results over the last 2 years compared to Sharapova. Tennis is not just about 1 match or 1 opponent, it's about 1 year, several tournaments & several matches.

Nothing to do with being mad, just facts! End of discussion!

Maria beat Sam, GET OVER IT! You are obviously still sore about it.
Over the past 2 years? Maria hasn't even been back for 2 years. :rolleyes: I think everyone can say that Maria is currently playing better than Sam. Well actually most top 20 players are.
Sams results actually have not been that much better than Marias. I would suggest you look again.
We'll see were Maria will be and were Sam will be by the end of the year. ;)

GoofyDuck
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Congrats on the win Maria.
Alexandra Dulgheru seems really nice. Maria was surprised she received some kisses. :lol:

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM
You're forgetting a main fact in making your argument stronger :yeah:

0 slams >>>>>>> 3 slams totally :bowdown:.

Caro GOAT :worship:
The posters were talking about nowadays (atm) not in their careers.

Therefore, slams do NOT come into this discussion, as neither has won any in the past 2 years.

It's a pretty well known fact that Wozniacki >>>> Sharapova nowadays btw.
Maria's career started in 2003 though, not in 2009. Better not forget how she played before the shoulder :lick:
Before the shoulder?

You mean when she ballbashed everywhere and had tonnes of luck and the good fortune to not have 40+ errors every match??
In other words, how she's always played?

Yeah, I remember that.
I wasn't impressed.
With pretty much 10 winners in both matches:lol::lol:
Spare us the details we know Maria was shit:lol:
Wozniacki owned her!
Owned!
Sharapova had no chance, even if she had played well...
Who's arguing? I didn't say anything. As usual, you're being overly defensive. :haha:

Obviously my two worded post hit your nerve. Oopsie. :p
Why would it hit my nerve? :confused:
It wasn't directed at me...

I was just saying...he's not mad, not with the Wozniacki part.

Stosur was better in the past 2 years, but this year Sharapova has been better obviously....800 points >>>> 555 points.

Andiyan
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:54 PM
So good to see a positive Alexandra on court feeling so well. I'm pretty sure mentally it's all good up there! Great match, sad scoreline. But another awesome experience for Alex' young career! :D Now on to the red clay!! :hearts:

Stamp Paid
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:56 PM
BETTA WORK IT MARIA!!!! Get that title. Her fight so clearly can rival Serena's at its peak. I want her back in the top 10, where she belongs. She and Ana could generate interest again.Oh? :lol::lol:

Matt01
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Very true. Pova hasn't made it past the 4th round of a Slam in years while Sam and Caro have made several semis and finals. They are the better players now.

ce
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM
AJDE MARIJAAAAAAA

joćo.
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:09 PM

Therefore, slams do NOT come into this discussion, as neither has won any in the past 2 years.

Lol, I just love these comments...
You're all like "let's just forget about everything that made this player's career so far" :lol::lol: Have you really learned nothing from the likes of Jankovic and Safina only a few years ago? :rolleyes:

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Lol, I just love these comments...
You're all like "let's just forget about everything that made this player's career so far" :lol::lol: Have you really learned nothing from the likes of Jankovic and Safina only a few years ago? :rolleyes:
Wozniacki isn't a Safina or a Jankovic.

She doesn't play mindless tennis, therefore she won't slump into oblivion like those 2 did.

P_Fer
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM

Before the shoulder?

You mean when she ballbashed everywhere and had tonnes of luck and the good fortune to not have 40+ errors every match??

Yeah, I remember that.
I wasn't impressed.

Wozniacki owned her!
Owned!
Sharapova had no chance, even if she had played well...

Why would it hit my nerve? :confused:
It wasn't directed at me...

I was just saying...he's not mad, not with the Wozniacki part.

Stosur was better in the past 2 years, but this year Sharapova has been better obviously....800 points >>>> 555 points.

:lol:

lefty24
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:21 PM

Before the shoulder?

Yeah, I remember that.
I wasn't impressed.>>>> 555 points.

Yeah, she was so lucky to win 3 grand slams. G-D must really love her to give her that much luck. :rolleyes:
Let me give you a little lesson: just because someone doesn't push, it doesn't mean they suck. And that good fortune is called playing well.

joćo.
Mar 30th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Wozniacki isn't a Safina or a Jankovic.

She doesn't play mindless tennis, therefore she won't slump into oblivion like those 2 did.

Wow, and you predict the future too!!! :worship:

However, now I can also use actual facts and that is Wozniacki = 0 Slams. You can say how she will win one soon, the next one that happens, but right now she has NONE. I can also go on and say that Sharapova will be back to #1 soon... she's been there so it wouldn't be that surprising either... but who cares?! Fact is Wozniacki is #1 now and Sharapova has been struggling to be back to her best form which is a 3 Grand Slam winner form (better than the previous player mentioned) so go troll somewhere else. :wavey:

And as far as I recall I don't think people would consider Jankovic as mindless player, I would even go as far as thinking she was often refered as a "pusher" during her glorious days before the Supreme Pusher happened on the tour recently.

FoxyliciousKhat
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I went to bed after Maria won the second set, after almost blowing a 6/1 lead. I'm happy she pulled it out, especially considering how she started both sets I watched leading only to blow the leads.

Still I'm a bit skeptic on if Maria is back, as some are preaching considering IMHO Maria really should not have been in this position, after what she did to Sam.

Also what I hated last night and what I continue to hate is Maria's (and any other top players) relying so freaking heavily on coach. AND YES I MEAN MY FAVES TOO. After winning the second set she called for her coach that said absolutely nothing of importance, but just kept repeating himself. I so wanted to strangle him. C'mon Maria you won those slams and other titles without this so stop relying on it.

I'm trying not to judge Maria's fighting spirit (which is great...) but I want to see these comebacks against REAL TOP players (whenever she plays them) to really gauge where I think she is, from here on out.

Still a win's a win so congrats and welcome back to the top 10 Maria

Foxy

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 31st, 2011, 12:41 AM
It's good to see Masha closed this match out after i zonked out at 4-2 :p.

A Maria vs Vika final would be :hearts:

lefty24
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:16 AM
This is a rep that world life gave me:

That good fortune is called luck...with a ballbashing game like hers...she needs luck not to hit the ball into the stands.

It's kind of too funny to comment.
You know what, you are completely right, every match Maria wins is because of luck. I was stupid to think otherwise. It was stupid of me to think that someone with so much pace can direct a ball. I don't know how in the world she got so lucky to not angle her racquet head up. That takes only the skill of Wozniacki. If only everyone in the world had the luck of Maria Sharapova.

WAIT.... I FIGURED IT OUT!!
She drinks Felix Felicis before every match!!!!

Sp!ffy
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:21 AM

According to your logic, Wozniacki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graf + Venus + Justine + Martina + Evert + Billy Jean King + Svetlana + Maria....

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 31st, 2011, 07:23 AM
According to your logic, Wozniacki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Graf + Venus + Justine + Martina + Evert + Billy Jean King + Svetlana + Maria....

This:o

Monzanator
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM

Wozniacki is obviously better player these days but Stosur hasn't set the world on fire in 2011 and the fact she got absolutely bitchslapped by Maria in Miami speaks for itself and doesn't need anything to add :cheer:

rucolo
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Epic drama match! :worship:

Great winners, bad UEs, 2nd set TB Maria 6-1 -> 6-6 -> 8-6, 3rd set Maria 4-2 -> TB, the ankle drama, Maria`s 17 DFs

What a battle. 3, 5 hours. Excellent fight from both Maria and Alex. :yeah:

Before the shoulder?

:rolleyes: