PDA

View Full Version : Which shot is worse: Stosur's bh or Woz's fh?

starin
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:46 AM
:confused:

chuvack
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
sorry but you would literally have to smoke two bowls of weed to think that the Wozzy forehand is anywhere near as bad as that ugly beast of a two-hander from Sam. What an awful stroke.

Smitten
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:34 AM
sorry but you would literally have to smoke two bowls of weed to think that the Wozzy forehand is anywhere near as bad as that ugly beast of a two-hander from Sam. What an awful stroke.

Basically. It's by far the worst groundstroke in the top 10 to date.

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
:lol: The fact that you actually COULD make the comparison says a lot about caro's forehand!

rimon
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:38 AM
The edge goes to Sam, but they're both disgusting, hideous, atrocious, abominable, shameful, terrible, gut churning shots, and have no business being in the top 10.

flareon
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM
stosur has a nice backhand slice, but her backhand two handed is awful.

gorre
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:48 AM
:rolleyes:

So Disrespectful
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Wozniacki may have the second ugliest forehand in the top 100, but she commits few errors, which is a lot more than Stosur can say for her backhand.

BlueTrees
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Poetry in motion. :bowdown:

myV20rdxQ1w

jrm
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
How can you have bad forehand and be No1 :shrug:

statistically impossible

BlueTrees
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM
^ The OP didn't say it was bad. ;)

Reptilia
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
They both fugly as hell, but at least Wozniacki's forehand is somewhat effective.

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM

statistically impossible

:lol: You haven't seen Woz play I see?!

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
:lol: The fact that you actually COULD make the comparison says a lot about caro's forehand!
...says a lot about the OP and, let's be fair, about the majority of TF in general.:facepalm:

Wozniacki's forehand may not always produce 20+ outright winners per match but it's an effective shot (not yesterday:p but even Fed has days when his FH is gone). Me guessing many of ballstriking machines would love to trade their brainless FHs to Wozniacki's safe and most of the time effective one.

Woz's FH alone >>>> Stosur FH + Stosur BH + Stosur as a whole.

madmax
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Sam's BH kinda blows, but it still looks much better aesthetically than that tragic stroke of our current World Nr.1. You've got a feeling of anxiety and desperation whenever that hideous stroke is being hit, and you can almost feel how tennis balls are squirming in pain when being abused by that seal clubbing stroke.

Apoleb
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM

Basically. It's by far the worst groundstroke in the top 10 to date.

Thirded.

Sam's backhand is not a tennis shot. It's something else.

(but I ended up voting for the wrong one. :sobbing: Thought which one is better).

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Sam's whole game is a hot mess right now. She cant serve, or hit a good forehand either.
At the FO, Sam's total game looked like the best clay game.
Caro just plays steady on the forehand, and that plays into some of her strengths.

Mikey.
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Pretty much. :lol:

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
...says a lot about the OP and, let's be fair, about the majority of TF in general.:facepalm:

Wozniacki's forehand may not always produce 20+ outright winners per match but it's an effective shot (not yesterday:p but even Fed has days when his FH is gone). Me guessing many of ballstriking machines would love to trade their brainless FHs to Wozniacki's safe and most of the time effective one.

Fed's FH always looks pretty. Caro's FH just looks so akward, weird...and Caro's FH keeps the ball in the play..but then again that's all what Caro does anyways, soo..;)

FORZA SARITA
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:03 PM
both sucks but Sam's BH is so awful :tape:

Miss Amor
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I remember someone making a poll about Wozniacki fh vs Venus fh :bigcry:

timafi
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I love Sam to fucking death but that backhand is utter shit

Spring Pools
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM

It's probably closer to a one-hander since she slices almost every shot that she can't run around and hit with her forehand...

Huntress55
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Sam is one of my favourite players, but her BH is all over the place.

jack21
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Caros FH is the better shot but 90% of the girls on tour could have a FH like that if they wanted to. All you have to do is load up the topspin and never hit anywhere near the lines.
There are very few players who could consistently hit a BH like Sam's without sustaining a serious shoulder injury from that terrible jerky motion :lol:

pwayne
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Caroline does not run around her FH to hit BH and is trying to improve that stroke. But, Samantha runs around that BH every chance she gets to hit that FH(especially I/O)

hdfb
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
When Sam was Championship Point down against Fran, she shanked a BH to lose it. :hysteric:

2moretogo
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:44 PM
This isn't even a contest or it shouldn't be. Caro actually had some fh winners yesterday. I don't think Stosur has ever hit a bh winner in her life.:devil: No seriously, Caroline can do more on the fh side than Stosur can on her bh side.

Sammo
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Stosur has the best sliced backhand in the top 10 :o

Dominic
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wozniacki's forehand may not always produce 20+ outright winners per match but

You know you could take off the zero in that part and that statement would still be right.

cellophane
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Framesur :sobbing:

Beny
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Sam's whole game is a hot mess right now. She cant serve, or hit a good forehand either.
At the FO, Sam's total game looked like the best clay game.
Caro just plays steady on the forehand, and that plays into some of her strengths.

True.

People valuate Samīs backhand according to her IW-Miami showing it seems.

Last year or any time she is in form or plays decent, her backhand is really good. She can punish you with the backhand, ive seen her hit many winners with that.

Nowadays she does almost everything wrong, as goldenlox said-serve, forehand and I would add return and movement.

Caroīs forehand is a up and down shot. But usually the ball has no length coming off her forehand.

I voted for Caro FH as the worse shot

The Witch-king
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Sam should have stuck with a one hander

The Witch-king
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Last year or any time she is in form or plays decent, her backhand is really good. She can punish you with the backhand, ive seen her hit many winners with that.

I missed have missed that match.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Karolina is NUMBER ONE :worship: so her forehand cannot be as bad as Stosur's :)

Brena
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM
You know you could take off the zero in that part and that statement would still be right.

Or ''2''. :oh:

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Brena again." :sobbing:

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Let's take a look at the typical Wozniacki match statistic:
http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/7083/statsmatchgif.jpg
One hell of a backhand that must be considering that no more than 2 forehand winners she makes by default.:eek:
If I was a fan of Janka I would refrain from discussion other players' forehands...;)

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Stosur's backhand produced the shot of her 2010 season, the pass on breakpoint at 6-6 in the 3rd set against Serena in the RG QF. In general, she hits it OK, but does not set up well behind the shot like a JJ or Wozniacki, resulting in shanks when she goes for the crosscourt.

Wozniacki's stance is too open for the kind of forehand she hits to penetrate much, she needs to go back to basics to correct that.

Overall, Woz's forehand is a more reliable rally shot, so Framesur :lol:

MB.
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
This thread :worship:

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM

statistically impossible

Jankovic did it, too. :confused:

Stosurīs is easier to break down.

Beny
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM
One hell of a backhand that must be considering that no more than 2 forehand winners she makes by default.:eek:

If I was a fan of Janka I would refrain from discussion other players' forehands...;)

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I can not ..anymore.. this made my day :sobbing::cheer::yippee::yippee:

VeeJJ
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Stosur has the best sliced backhand in the top 10 :o

THE FUCK??? Schiavone's backhand slice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the tour.

:sobbing: :hysteric:

IKR!!! Too much. I can't believe he said typical.

And in defense of Jankovic's forehand. It's not too bad. Today she is hitting it well. :)

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM
RoFL !! Both please... :crying2:

Sammo
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Whatever, Stosur's forehand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wozniacki's backhand

Brena
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM

:rolls:
I'm telling you s/he's not a real Woz-maniac, s/he is just pulling our leg. :lol:

Miss Amor
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:15 PM
:rolls:
I'm telling you s/he's not a real Woz-maniac, s/he is just pulling our leg. :lol:

I thought everyone knew that since his posts are so laden with irony.

He is as much of a Wozniacki fan as I am a Jankovic fan.

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Last couple of posts made me think. Why, why on Earth are you people so careless about tennis? I find nothing bad with you polluting TF at 24/7 basics, but not to find couple of hours space in your schedule to see Woz's prime matches few weeks ago... Every match ended with the stats very similar to those I provided you, but you have missed it all. It's a shame... I... I don't know whether there is point to continue this conversation with you... You've disappointed me. Badly.:(

madmax
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Last couple of posts made me think. Why, why on Earth are you people so careless about tennis? I find nothing bad with you polluting TF at 24/7 basics, but not to find couple of hours space in your schedule to see Woz's prime matches few weeks ago... Every match ended with the stats very similar to those I provided you, but you have missed it all. It's a shame... I... I don't know whether there is point to continue this conversation with you... You've disappointed me. Badly.:(

it's OK...carry one bud - you are doing a nce job of compromising the whole Push fanbase with your ramblings:devil:

Dominic
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:08 AM

The only thing you taught me with this post is that you do not know the meaning of the word typical.

rimon
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:13 AM

You have serious problems if you think that Wozniacki's forehand is anywhere as good as Stosur's.

rimon
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:21 AM
When Sam was Championship Point down against Fran, she shanked a BH to lose it. :hysteric:

:lol: There was this whole tense atmosphere, and then the ball just flies into the stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jcyPnuFHMk 9.05

goldenlox
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Whatever, Stosur's forehand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wozniacki's backhandThat's not true. Wozniacki's backhand is the key to her game. Its an excellent shot.

In The Zone
Mar 30th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Stosur's backhand. It is not even a tennis shot. Wozniacki's forehand is fine, just can't hit winners off it.

Ryan
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Caro's forehand, on average, is much more consistent than Sam's backhand. Both have bad technique. Both CAN hit winners off that wing. Overall though Sam's backhand hurts her game a lot more than Caro's forehand. Plus, how can you hate a shot that produces so many emergency moonballs?!?! :drool: