PDA

View Full Version : Final Sharapova vs Ivanovic ??

Navratil
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:05 AM
As it was last week in Indian Wells, there's still the chance of a Sharapova - Ivanovic - final.

That would be a dream come true :D

I think that would be the best thing to happend Women's tennis. These two former world # 1 and GS champions in big finals!

They haven't met more than 3 years. Last meeting was the Australian-Open final 2008.

Not only the best looking top players but also the most aggressive with the most attractive game (in absence of the Williams Sisters).

Their last meetings:

2006 LINZ (QF) M.Sharapova won 7-6(3) 7-5
2007 TOKYO (SF) Ivanovic won 6-1 0-1 ret
2007 FRENCH OPEN (SF) Ivanovic 6-2 6-1
2007 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS (RR) M.Sharapova 6-1 6-2
2008 AUSTRALIAN OPEN (F) M.Sharapova 7-5 6-3

Please :lol:

:bounce:

Navratil
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
It's actually more likely than last week :)

VeeJJ
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Jankovic vs. Ivanovic Final would be way more entertaining.

gc-spurs
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:36 AM
:wavey: oh hai, this again

kimgurl
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:16 AM
As it was last week in Indian Wells, there's still the chance of a Sharapova - Ivanovic - final.

I think that would be the best thing to happend Women's tennis. These two former world # 1 and GS champions in big finals!

They haven't met more than 3 years. Last meeting was the Australian-Open final 2008.

Not only the best looking top players but also the most aggressive with the most attractive game (in absence of the Williams Sisters).

im crossing my finger for this one to happen..two of the most goodlookin athletes in the world, the other one lookin fierce and the other one lookin demure..:hearts::hearts:

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Every tournament since Wimbledon above Tier 2 was won by Caro or Kim.
Caro is out, & Kim has to beat Ana, Vika, & Vera just to make the final.
So chances are good we have a different winner than Caro/Kim
If Kim wins this it shows how far above the rest of the top 10 she is at

madmax
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Yes please:hearts:
Amazone tennis rules

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, should be great. But I'm not sure Ana will defeat Kim.

Navratil
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
At least Maria is the heavy favorite in the top half now. And if Kim struggles like she did last round, Ana has got a good chance too :)

Rafito.
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Such a jinx these threads :o

CWTennis
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
don't think so! it wil be Jankovic vs Clijsters, with Kim as the a winner!

Ivanovic2008
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I hope but unlikely

Mistress of Evil
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:32 PM
So not gonna happen :hug:

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Funny thought has just visited me...:lol: Carofans almost literally wanted her not to make yet another final and get some rest, while fans of some players week by week are praying their faves to make it to the finals at least once in a while.:lol: Guess we have become a bit choosy, and Caro spoilt us a bit... I want to apologise to every hater that I might've been not too kind with, because now I understand the origin of our friendliness and your hatred.:kiss::hug:

flareon
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Funny thought has just visited me...:lol: Carofans almost literally wanted her not to make yet another final and get some rest, while fans of some players week by week are praying their faves to make it to the finals at least once in a while.:lol: Guess we have become a bit choosy, and Caro spoilt us a bit... I want to apologise to every hater that I might've been not too kind with, because now I understand the origin of our friendliness and your hatred.:kiss::hug:

Wow so much bull s**t! :worship:

madmax
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TI6y4IuY8aI/AAAAAAAAAS8/NCjMIHtSW0E/s1600/Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

sammy01
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:49 PM

you need help. yep caro didn't wanna reach the final of the 6th biggest tournament, she is saving herself for charleston :tape:

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM
you need help. yep caro didn't wanna reach the final of the 6th biggest tournament, she is saving herself for charleston :tape:
Only after you. Get someone to help you to comprehend English, because I said what we fans wanted, not Caro herself.

@madmax: never been more serious.:D

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Sharapova would massacre poor Ana.

sammy01
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Only after you. Get someone to help you to comprehend English, because I said what we fans wanted, not Caro herself.

even worse, wanting your fave to lose so she can go pick up another meaningless title where no one bar you cares. :help:

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:58 PM

Stop lying to yourself, any fanbase want her favorite to win IW and Miami.

Lucas_Arg
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Oh please you're pathetic.

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:12 PM
even worse, wanting your fave to lose so she can go pick up another meaningless title where no one bar you cares. :help:
Why are you so looped on Charleston?:confused: We care about Caro's perspectives in much bigger picture, much further.

Stop lying to yourself, any fanbase want her favorite to win IW and Miami.
At this point of her career Miami has little importance. When she wins bunch of slams, she will come back to this IW+Miami double, but as of now having a fresh start on clay is of higher priority (not on meaningless, as sammy says, Charleston tourney itself, but on new surface).

danieln1
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Ana must win against Fiona first, then we can talk about.... never expect anything from Ana, it“s always a surprise whenever she steps on court, those people never learn....

BlueTrees
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM
This totally needs a thread. :weirdo:

Shall we start threads speculating all the other possible final scenarios?

MB.
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM

I think I've had this nightmare before....AO2008?

doooma6816
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I still think it will be Maria vs Kim or JJ vs Kim...

joćo.
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Not this thread again :rolleyes:

Hian
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I prefer Vika winning

Matt01
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM

Oh, trust me, all the Caro haters will care a lot about her next tournament win to claim what an easy draw she had, how lucky she was, that she was only pushing, and that that tournament is only a glorified MM tourney anyway :rolleyes:

backhandsmash
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TI6y4IuY8aI/AAAAAAAAAS8/NCjMIHtSW0E/s1600/Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

I gotta use this at some point. :)

Vee Williams
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Would be good to have at least one top player in the finals (Kim, for example).

Ferg
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:12 PM
A dream? More like a nightmare.

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM

:kiss:

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM

Agreed. For me anyway...and Ana and her fans. :lol:

Nico_E