flareon
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Peng :haha:
Dulgheru :D

sunyafei
Shushu, you wasted a good chance.
Anyway, congratulations to Alex.
And congratulations on breaking into top 30, Shushu.

TheBoiledEgg
Peng must have drunk too much celebrating breaking top 30

Alex :) now like down and get a beating from Masha :hug:

daniela86
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
:eek::eek::eek: Nice win Alex :D

Kworb
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
:facepalm:

Maybe Shuai is tired, already 42 matches for her this year.

sunyafei
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Maybe Shuai is tired, already 41 matches for her this year.

41??:eek:
should be 34:confused:

Djezonfly
Warsaw GOAT is looking for a new tournament to win twice in a row :bowdown:

ShuShu :hug: That's the first time she disappoints this year :(

Sharapovian
:eek:

Well done Alex, Maria next :oh:

juki
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Alex :) Can't wait to see how her game matches up against Maria!

Mary Cherry.
Who needs Warsaw when you've got Miami...or at least a QF in Miami :cheer:

JustPetko
Alex :eek:
Peng - that was close, from 1-5* to *4-5 in 3rd :hug:

iPatty
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Didn't see that coming. First real :cuckoo: result this year, not too worrying.

Haven't seen a match of Alex's this year, looking forward to watching her against Sharapova.

Ballbasher
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Shuai :( :hug:
Alex :eek: :bowdown: Fantastic HC tournament for her!

Mistress of Evil
Peng :hug: She really should take a break and rest for a couple of days. :awww:
Dulgheru :drool: hopefully an easy hit for Masha :cheer:

cellophane
:spit:

Freakan
Alex beating ShoeShoe :hearts: :woohoo:

Kworb
41??:eek:
should be 34:confused:

She plays doubles too :p

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Best win of Alex's short career, considering the great form of her opponent and the surface. This was a match not many people expected her to win. I know I didn't.

Let's remember just how great Shushu's form was going into this match. She had a 26-7 record with top 10 wins over Jankovic, Li and Schiavone. She had beaten Kuznetsova twice, including a 63 61 mauling just 2 days ago and most impressive, prior to this match, Shuai had lost in straight sets only once this year. Additionally considering the easy manner in which Peng defeated her 1st three opponents here and that fact that she had a day off before this match once can hardly use tiredness as an explanation for this defeat. Simply, Alex must have played an outstanding match today.

With this win, hopefully we can put an end to the "Warsaw-Goat who can't play on anything but clay" myth. I suppose there will still be the usual trolls who try continue to try this one on but for posters who genuinely follow the game it should now be very clear that Alexandra Dulgheru CAN play on hard.

WhoAmI?
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Alex:dance:
That's a great win!:yeah:

Curcubeu
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry, my hands are still shaky!

I'm trying to be brief! It's just two words: F****ING AMAZING!! :sobbing:

Unbelievable, but that's my little Alex from 0 to hero like she did in Warsaw! Now from a so called "useless HC mug", "most overranked player", "chunk ball queen" or "fluke" to the quaters of a HC Mandatory event, again nobody predicted, nobody even thought about, not in the darkest corner of the mind, but she showed up!

Now shut up HATERS! :armed:

And to be honest, I don't care if Maria steamrolls her! She has reached more than ever thought or expected! The best day of the year so far! :D

nevetssllim
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Alex. :eek: :D

SVK
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Ultra slow hardcourts are a big advantage for Alex, hopefully she will do some damage against Sharapova:D

madmax
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Warsaw GOAT playing well on blue clay? Colour me surprised then:haha:

Sasja
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM

Shuai :sobbing: :hug:

GoofyDuck
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Shaui, please keep up the good form!

simonsaystennis
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
:tape: Shuai

Mixal
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yes! :bounce: But Alex in a QF of Miami after doing nothing for like half a year? :lol:

Curcubeu
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yes! :bounce: But Alex in a QF of Miami after doing nothing for like half a year? :lol:

Alex winning Warsaw with her first main draw appearance! ;)

That's the way she is! :lol:

GreenGrass
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Best Romanian :worship:

Slutiana
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:18 PM
That's some embarassing shit. :hysteric:

Dulgheru in the quarters of a hardcourt PM. That's really bad.

Setsuna.
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wow!! I'm starting to like Alex now.:hearts:

peanuts
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
:lol: I should have known better that Dulgheru's slice shots can discomfort Peng.

olivero
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Oh no Shuai :sad:
That's pretty amazing win for Alex.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
That's some embarassing shit. :hysteric:

Dulgheru in the quarters of a hardcourt PM. That's really bad.

Maybe you should be allowed to pick the quarterfinalists so this doesn't happen. :shrug:

LefandePatty
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Shushu. :( :sad:
Get some rest now! :)

Hian
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM

$uricate
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:05 PM
:sad:

I thought Shuai would win but its nice to see Dulgheru getting wins on hardcourt.

I don't believe in all this "Shuai must have been tired" stuff, maybe she was just outplayed today :shrug:

Its not an awful loss, Alex is ranked higher and can clearly play on surfaces other than clay.

Andrew Laeddis
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Peng :o Losing to Dulgheru on a hardcourt :tape:

LCS
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Peng :facepalm: fail.

This is more of a bombshell than Dulgheru winning two Warsaws in a row :haha:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
:sad:

I thought Shuai would win but its nice to see Dulgheru getting wins on hardcourt.

I don't believe in all this "Shuai must have been tired" stuff, maybe she was just outplayed today :shrug:

Its not an awful loss, Alex is ranked higher and can clearly play on surfaces other than clay.

Great post. :yeah:

AcesHigh
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Unfortunate for Peng but she should not be discouraged. I love the year she's having and IMO, she's a joy to watch.

NyCPsU
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Alex :inlove:

Sassy-Na
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
shushu :o

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:17 PM

Alex :bowdown:

Sally Todd
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I gotta admit it, I'm glad Dulgheru is having a good hardcourt result.

Richie's
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Disgusting lost from ShuShu...

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Oh my tits!!! :eek: I'm so happy for Alex!!! :woohoo: :cheer: :hysteric:

Amazing result in Key Biscayne babe! :hearts: :inlove: :kiss:

Now take it haters!!! :ras: :cuckoo: :weirdo: 60 60... :haha: :rolls:

But Shuai... :hug: I really like how she's improved this year. :hug:

Linguae^
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM
This is totally unexpected.

Miracle Worker
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Alex has 2 Premier titles.

Now it's time to achieve something more. This is good tournament for her to win. It will be look strange if she win Roland Garros without any big title :spit:

SVK
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Itīs actually funny how people are saying that itīs unexpected/terrible etc. because itīs a HC:lol: And if itīs a slow HC? It doesnīt matter if you are playing on clay or on a HC if the HC has almost the same properties as clay:shrug: Look at the mens side...a players who are barely winning on HC and have just few wins there throughout their whole career have making upsets there!...and not few, I count probably 7 claycourters having a good run there...And Iīm pretty sure Alex is even better hardcourt player as players like Lorenzi, Berlocq, Andujar etc based on their HC record:spit:

Sassy-Na
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Itīs actually funny how people are saying that itīs unexpected/terrible etc. because itīs a HC:lol: And if itīs a slow HC? It doesnīt matter if you are playing on clay or on a HC if the HC has almost the same properties as clay:shrug: Look at the mens side...a players who are barely winning on HC and have just few wins there throughout their whole career have making upsets there!...and not few, I count probably 7 claycourters having a good run there...And Iīm pretty sure Alex is even better hardcourt player as players like Lorenzi, Berlocq, Andujar etc :spit:

i didnt know that its a slow HC in miami. :o some posters said its surfaces faster than I.W's ones. :o

Fantasy Hero
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Alex :inlove: that's an amazing result :yeah:

cn ireland
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I'm surprised by this result:eek:

Curcubeu
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Itīs actually funny how people are saying that itīs unexpected/terrible etc. because itīs a HC:lol: And if itīs a slow HC? It doesnīt matter if you are playing on clay or on a HC if the HC has almost the same properties as clay:shrug: Look at the mens side...a players who are barely winning on HC and have just few wins there throughout their whole career have making upsets there!...and not few, I count probably 7 claycourters having a good run there...And Iīm pretty sure Alex is even better hardcourt player as players like Lorenzi, Berlocq, Andujar etc based on their HC record:spit:

You are probably right, but reaching the quarters is still a completely unexpected result for me! ;)

By the way, Alex likes to defeat Golden Flowers when it's most important!
Her H2H is 3-0! :spit:

In Warsaw last year, she defeated Li in the semis and Zheng in the final. Here at Miami it's Peng who had many problems with her game! :lol:

nevetssllim
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Even Ramirez-Hidalgo won a MD match. :lol:

SVK
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:31 PM
He even take a set to Berdych, I was like :eek::inlove: while watching their match:rolls:

FORZA SARITA
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM
and Granollers in R4?:spit:

claypova
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
someone tell Alex this isn't Warsaw :rolleyes:

Shu :sad:

HenryMag.
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Kind of expected result TBH, once Dulgheru gets a couple of wins she can be dangerous for the tournament....Look how much troubles she already got to Zvonareva on hard court in last year's USO (2nd set) after winning 2 matches and IIRC she already has decent results on grass too with a SF and a 3R in Wimbledon. She's definetely more than a clay courter.

Hope she does well against Maria.

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hilare result :spit:

Six Feet Under
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I kinda thought this would happen :oh:
Well Done Alex!!! :D

tanman
Mar 29th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Sorry, my hands are still shaky!

I'm trying to be brief! It's just two words: F****ING AMAZING!! :sobbing:

Unbelievable, but that's my little Alex from 0 to hero like she did in Warsaw! Now from a so called "useless HC mug", "most overranked player", "chunk ball queen" or "fluke" to the quaters of a HC Mandatory event, again nobody predicted, nobody even thought about, not in the darkest corner of the mind, but she showed up!

Now shut up HATERS! :armed:

And to be honest, I don't care if Maria steamrolls her! She has reached more than ever thought or expected! The best day of the year so far! :D
this win sounds like better than sex for you:lol:

zhengjieforever
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
oh well... she did enough to break top 30. and besides, dulgheru is the higher ranked player anyway; shushu technically was not the favorite :p

Alice
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I guessed her winning streak has stop heh...

Beat
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
wow! :eek: congrats, dulgheru.

Curcubeu
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
this win sounds like better than sex for you:lol:

:rolls:

It's kind of satisfaction! ;)

rucolo
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM
:bolt:

Beating on fire Peng in straight sets! Fantastic win, Alex! :hearts::drool::bowdown:

Alex into Miami QF! :speakles::yeah: