PDA

View Full Version : Petkovic on next opponent Caro "People who criticize her dont know much about tennis"

kman
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Love it :lol:

- I'm really looking forward to meeting Caroline. You know, I really enjoy watching Caroline play because I love the way she bring herself in position for the ball and where she places the balls. I really enjoy to watch her matches and I believe I have a good sense of what makes her so good.

Is her playing style underrated?

- If people underrate it, they're really stupid. I'm sorry but everyone who knows a thing about tennis, and has played it themselves, has to recognize she plays so well and cleverly. People talk about her lacking power. But look at the power she has in her legs. She's the girl on tour who gets one more ball back than everyone else and that's what makes her so good. And then there's her mental game.

- It makes me sad when people focus on her not having won a slam, that she's boring and so on. Listen, she's 20 years old. 20! I have a sister who's 21 and I know what life experience she has. The fact that Caroline can handle all this stuff that comes with being number one at this age is just incredible, and people who criticize her don't know much about tennis.

source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1527109.ece

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Those are great comments.
Caroline reached the semis in 10 of the last 11 tournaments she played.
The players know that being in her section is a bad draw, and that she is tough to beat.
Some tennis 'fans' haven't figured that out yet.

The 2nd Law
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Andrea is a classy girl :yeah:

Ivanorazzi is definately my fave doubles team ever :hearts:

Patrick345
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Because she never played Wozniacki before. She´ll be annoyed tomorrow. :lol:

Navratil
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Caro is defintily better than Andrea Petkovic. But compared to everyone in her league: Her game is just boring to watch!

People love to see more passion, more variaty, more great strokes! Not a 6:0 without any winner and no first serves - because the first is a second one and still under 50 %...

Njalle
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Couldn't you just put it in one of the over 9000 Caro-threads already? For instance, the Caro haters thread seems very appropriate.

Darop.
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I don't think all the "hate" towards Caroline is because people don't think she's good at tennis, but moreso because people think she's boring. The average TF tennis fan doesn't want to appreciate Caroline's footwork, they want to see fun tennis.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm just trying to find the origin of Caro-hate. :p

Alice
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Fair comments from Petko.

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
She's good at what she does. Already proven that..now it's time to go beyond the comfort zone. Even Nadal had to do this to start doing well on non-clay surfaces. Be aggressive, show some flair!

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Wow Petkovic, I started liking you but I changed my mind now :sobbing:

JJ Expres
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I don't think all the "hate" towards Caroline is because people don't think she's good at tennis, but moreso because people think she's boring. The average TF tennis fan doesn't want to appreciate Caroline's footwork, they want to see fun tennis.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong, I'm just trying to find the origin of Caro-hate. :p

pretty much,but she is definitely playing more aggressive this year, but i
still don't like her.it's not easy to change some1 opinion after they strongly dislike you and i personally find her dad annoying as hell(just like djokovic dad) so that makes things even worse.and her fans on this board are overly protective(:help:) and even if there's not some caro hate thread they have to make new one about her greatness(or something like that) or mention her in threads where she doesn't belong and its obnoxious:)

Hian
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Caroline is simply boring to watch, but she's a great athlete... :)

Kworb
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM
It is stupid to underrate her yes. But there's nothing wrong with complaining about her boring game. It is a spectator sport after all.

Freakan
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Waiting for Caro haters to come here and say it's Petkovic who doesn't know anything about tennis :hearts:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Same here.... :bs: :bs: :bs:

Petkorazzi... :smash:

'nuff Pushing already! :weirdo:

Lapaco
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
She's good at what she does. Already proven that..now it's time to go beyond the comfort zone. Even Nadal had to do this to start doing well on non-clay surfaces. Be aggressive, show some flair!

caro is no nadal. in fact her best surface is hardcourts. completely non-sensical analogy.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:26 PM

ahh all that flair momo had won her 2 slams after how many years of trying? :lol: flair had st. kim with 1 slam and had to wait until people who were better than her were slowing down/retired :lol: enough with the boring thing...pretty games don't win slams automatically

Darop.
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
pretty much,but she is definitely playing more aggressive this year, but i
still don't like her.it's not easy to change some1 opinion after they strongly dislike you and i personally find her dad annoying as hell(just like djokovic dad) so that makes things even worse.and her fans on this board are overly protective(:help:) and even if there's not some caro hate thread they have to make new one about her greatness(or something like that) or mention her in threads where she doesn't belong and its obnoxious:)

I agree on the part of her fanbase :o Most of them take everything a bit too seriously.

Blu€
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Andrea is a smart girl :p:kiss:

tea
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Well, one can spot the difference between long time ago retired player and now commentator's and active classy player's comments. Turns out you gotta regularly take racquet in your hands to have decent understanding of the sport.

No wonder I always loved Petko. Wish some experts in commenator boxes and on tennis forums knew the sport at least at 10% of Andrea's.

sammy01
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
"She's the girl on tour who gets one more ball back than everyone else and that's what makes her so good. And then there's her mental game"

this is what TF knows she does and complain because it is boring. petkovic said nothing different to what we do, she just didn't admit to that style of play being boring

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
So I guess Lindsay/Myskina don't know anything about tennis.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I love your Avie Reetard :hysteric:

tea
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Affirmative.

Should stick to parenting their kids and let active players to talk about the sport.

ptkten
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Regardless of what you think about Caroline, her success is good for the evolution of the game. The problem with the quality of play in tennis in the last few years is that the younger players have tried to emulate the success of Venus and Serena by being aggressive ballstrikers without being as good of an athlete as either of them. Therefore, the quality of play has dropped because most of the younger players can't move well around the court and can't harness their power so the matches become errorfests. Caroline has shown that unless you are also a good athlete you can't and won't be consistently successful. Hopefully, the next step in the evolution of women's tennis is a group of young players who get that an aggressive mentality is good but only if you are fit and know when to go for your shots.

The good thing about Caroline is she keeps improving and hasn't let being number one wear her down mentally yet.

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe the next forward move in women's tennis is a combination of offense & defense.
I think Wozniacki's success will change how juniors are trained. Just ball bashing has major limitations, unless you are tremendous at it.

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
She's the girl on tour who gets one more ball back than everyone else and that's what makes her so good.So basically it's what we've been always saying. :lol:

If your name is Petkovic and you play on the WTA, you have to admire her.

If you name is Davenport however, there's no reason to admire her.

Lachy
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:59 PM
No Andrea. No dance for you today :dance: :oh:

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:00 PM
caro is no nadal. in fact her best surface is hardcourts. completely non-sensical analogy.

Caro is no Nadal..but they both have the same shortcoming: lack of aggression sometimes. Remember when Nadal was suspectible to any hard-hitter who got hot? Doesn't that sound like Caro now?! :shrug:

Nadal's defensive game always was gonna work on clay, but he needed to learn to beef up his game to succeed on other surfaces. The funny thing with Caro: she wants to play a clay-game on HC's..you can eek out some tier I's here and there, but not gonna work when it's money season.

All I'm saying. She's big girl..no reason she shouldn't be able to hit out more often on some of her shots.

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
ahh all that flair momo had won her 2 slams after how many years of trying? :lol: flair had st. kim with 1 slam and had to wait until people who were better than her were slowing down/retired :lol: enough with the boring thing...pretty games don't win slams automatically

If you note how many times she lost to Serena or Venus or Juju or Kim back in the days at majors, then maybe you'll see the reason why.
Caro isn't even winning majors NOW...what you think was gonna happen to her in ' 02-' 03? 6-2 6-0 bye bye, thanks for coming spankings.

tonybotz
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:12 PM
i don't understand how petkovic can say our opinion is wrong. its an opinion. if people find her boring its not because they don't know anything about tennis. its because they find her boring. simple as that

tea
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Maybe the next forward move in women's tennis is a combination of offense & defense.
I think Wozniacki's success will change how juniors are trained. Just ball bashing has major limitations, unless you are tremendous at it.
Absolutely. I can picture in 3-4 years inspired by their idol many junior Wozniackis coming to save the tour. Once and for all this time.:D

So basically it's what we've been always saying. :lol:

Basically, no. You saying all she's doing is getting the ball back, Petko is saying that she always gets one more ball back than everyone else. Feel the difference.:rolleyes:

tennis-insomniac
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM
i don't understand how petkovic can say our opinion is wrong. its an opinion. if people find her boring its not because they don't know anything about tennis. its because they find her boring. simple as that

Agree, no matter what your opinion is, it is always true because it's yours.

can someone kindly explain what did they say?

AcesHigh
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:24 PM
This is just another opinion. Just like lindsay's.

But! I do believe the better understanding of tennis, the more you appreciate what Caro does.

WozLolz
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I knew Andrea was smart. :yeah:

:lol: @ people whining that tennis is a spectator sport. Caro should change her winning ways to satisfy your desire for unforced errors and poorly executed "variety"...? :rolls: Yeah, I kind of hope she sticks to winning instead. :D

Lucemferre
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM

I don't think Caro can magically add 10-20 mph to her serve to win a major.She shouldn't risk her clean reputation.

Shinjiro
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Caro is no Nadal..but they both have the same shortcoming: lack of aggression sometimes. Remember when Nadal was suspectible to any hard-hitter who got hot? Doesn't that sound like Caro now?! :shrug:

Nadal's defensive game always was gonna work on clay, but he needed to learn to beef up his game to succeed on other surfaces. The funny thing with Caro: she wants to play a clay-game on HC's..you can eek out some tier I's here and there, but not gonna work when it's money season.

All I'm saying. She's big girl..no reason she shouldn't be able to hit out more often on some of her shots.

1. I'll skip the analogy between the two current number ones, however tempting I actually find it to be :devil:
2. I didn't know Caro had been trying to play claycourt tennis :worship:
3. For technical reasons, maybe? :awww:

Akaniero
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Because she never played Wozniacki before. She´ll be annoyed tomorrow. :lol:
She knows that everyone has got it wrong.
Wozniacki is not:

1. boring
2. a pusher
3. a moonballer
4. killing tennis

She is the very unique player that the tour needs.
She is a tactician on court, and it's fun to watch.

How anyone can find Wozniacki boring is beyond me.
Her strokes aren't any less powerful or strong than any other player.
In fact, her strokes have more power on them than her opponents most of the time.
She's more powerful than a lot of the tour, but she doesn't go to ballbashing to get the wins.
She knows better than that.
Nadal is a moonballer.
Wozniacki is aggressive.
Her defense and ability to get everything back is aggressive.
To add to that, she thinks on court and has incredible stamina.
She can be aggressive too (Pennetta match) when she needs to be, but most of the time she can just duel with the opponent on the court and not go for any ballbashing.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Caroline is simply boring to watch, but she's a great athlete... :)
She's a great athlete, yes, 100%.

But she's also not boring, she's very fun to watch.
It is stupid to underrate her yes. But there's nothing wrong with complaining about her boring game. It is a spectator sport after all.
Her game isn't boring.
As I've said, it's only the haters who find it boring.
She doesn't need to ballbash to win.
Seems like any player who doesn't hit the ball hard is automatically boring :rolleyes:
They are wrong in this case.
They are probably very jealous of the fact that Wozniacki is winning and they're not playing anymore.
Davenport was very rude about her in the last match, she needs to take a chill pill and leave commentating to commentators.

Who's Myskina anyway?
Absolutely. I can picture in 3-4 years inspired by their idol many junior Wozniackis coming to save the tour. Once and for all this time.:D
I can't wait for that.
It'll be an incredible time for the wta.

The hate is funny, because it's because Caroline is winning.
If she was losing everywhere, then I doubt she'd be as hated.
Everyone just needs to get over the fact that she's beating all their favourites :)
Then maybe they'll like her? :)

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Petkovic, just shut up and beat Caroline today.

rockstar
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
wow what great comments

PREACH IT GURL!

Sally Todd
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Wozniacki, you've been Cabbaged.

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Everyone just needs to get over the fact that she's beating all their favourites :)
Then maybe they'll like her? :)Before Caroline was #1, about a 10 months ago, the trolls were saying she'd be out of the top 10 when USO 2009 points came off. That Golovin was better.
It was about that Caroline had no game. And there are still trolls posting that until she wins a major, nothing else matters.
When/if she wins majors, it will be that the competition is weak.

The 'boring' stuff is nothing. Who gives a shit what style someone likes to watch.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:05 PM
So this thread, as always, didn't change anyone's opinion on Caro?

Well done kman, mission accomplished.

gc-spurs
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Wozniacki is not:

1. boring
2. a pusher
3. a moonballer
4. killing tennis

In fact, her strokes have more power on them than her opponents most of the time.
She's more powerful than a lot of the tour, but she doesn't go to ballbashing to get the wins.

Nadal is a moonballer.
Wozniacki is aggressive.
She can be aggressive too (Pennetta match) when she needs to be, but most of the time she can just duel with the opponent on the court and not go for any ballbashing.

Her game isn't boring.
Seems like any player who doesn't hit the ball hard is automatically boring :rolleyes:

They are probably very jealous of the fact that Wozniacki is winning and they're not playing anymore.
Davenport was very rude about her in the last match, she needs to take a chill pill and leave commentating to commentators.

Who's Myskina anyway?

I can't wait for that.

:facepalm:

Woz is all those things.
Woz is not aggressive (winner stats prove that)
Rafa isn't a moonballer
Myskina has managed to win a slam
'Boring' is subjective, its not just a hater thing

Petko iz outraged!

s_j
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Nice comments from Andrea, but it sounds like she has too much respect for Caro and has already accepted losing to her...

Roookie
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM
See...its not only TF...commentators (Lindsay, Myskina, Golovin :spit:, etc)...journalists (in every tournament now) keep questioning her style of game. Andrea is just being political here.

rockstar
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
saying people know nothing about tennis is hardly being political

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Andrea has to play her. The others dont.
If Lindsay had to play Caro she wouldnt say that.

Potato
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Great job kman, you've started another Caro fans vs. haters war. And at the end of this thread, my opinion will not change about Caroline and no one else's will. Seriously, what's the point of filling GM up with Caroline threads? All it resorts to is bitching about Caro and nothing happens.

Akaniero
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:41 PM
:facepalm:

Woz is all those things.
Woz is not aggressive (winner stats prove that)
Rafa isn't a moonballer
Myskina has managed to win a slam
'Boring' is subjective, its not just a hater thing

Petko iz outraged!
Wozniacki is aggressive when she needs to be.
Winner stats don't prove anything.
You can be aggressive while not getting winners.
Forcing your opponents to make errors by hitting the ball into awkward positions with a little bit of power is aggressive.

Nadal is definitely a moonballer, the biggest moonballer.

Myskina won a slam? Who is she?

Wozniacki is not boring, how anyone can find her boring is beyond me.

fouc
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't agree with her at all, but...

one has to give Andrea a huge credit, as she's probably the only player who actually cares for the tour, likes it, watches the matches, knows what's going on and is intelligent and confident enough to argue and make statements. :yeah:

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
There are 'haters' for every successful player.
But the 'save tennis' shit is so stupid. Caroline is marketable, she looks good. Her success is a positive for tennis.
And the level of her game is high. In any era, this kind of mental and physical toughness will make you successful.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Myskina won a slam? Who is she?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

silverwhite
Mar 28th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Exactly. What is stupid is criticising people for not enjoying her game. A lot of people here recognise her game is effective but find it boring. Does that mean they don't know much about tennis? :shrug:

Mixal
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Nice to see Petkorazzi bending over the moment she got the lead! :worship:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:27 PM
ROFL !! There has been so much Woz talks these last few days that it's not even funny anymore even to hate !!

AcesHigh
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Exactly. What is stupid is criticising people for not enjoying her game. A lot of people here recognise her game is effective but find it boring. Does that mean they don't know much about tennis? :shrug:

But these are all being thrown together like they're the same thing.
Fact is people are saying a lot of negative things about Wozniacki and then they jump behind the defense of "i'm just saying she's boring"

First, calling Wozniacki "boring" is not even a legitimate criticism. It's your opinion about your own interests. If Wozniacki was an actress or a dancer, that might be legitimate. However, she's a tennis player. In what other sport is "boring" a legitimate criticism? It's not... it's all about winning. If you don't like watching...then don't watch. But being "boring" (whether she is or not) is not a flaw or fault for Woz. Her goal is not to entertain, but to win.

The problem people have with Woz is not that she's boring, but that she's winning.

CloudAtlas
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM

But that's not where it stops. People claim her game is 'boring' but then use that to say she shouldn't be #1 or winning her matches or beating these so called 'better' players. If you find her game boring , go ahead and say so but most people on here do not simply just say that , but instead use that as a way of questioning her credentials. Tennis isn't a subjective score where you get points for style , you get points for winning , however you do it therefore Wozniacki's method is totally legitimate.

sammy01
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
But these are all being thrown together like they're the same thing.
Fact is people are saying a lot of negative things about Wozniacki and then they jump behind the defense of "i'm just saying she's boring"

First, calling Wozniacki "boring" is not even a legitimate criticism. It's your opinion about your own interests. If Wozniacki was an actress or a dancer, that might be legitimate. However, she's a tennis player. In what other sport is "boring" a legitimate criticism? It's not... it's all about winning. If you don't like watching...then don't watch. But being "boring" (whether she is or not) is not a flaw or fault for Woz. Her goal is not to entertain, but to win.

The problem people have with Woz is not that she's boring, but that she's winning.

loads of sports, you get football teams that are known to play a boring defensive style of football, the same with that british table tennis guy who played exclusively defensive table tennis. steve davis and peter ebdon are known as boring snooker players because they play defensively.

people go to watch and are excited by the attacking football teams, or snooker players. thats why say man u and rocket ronnie are crowd pleasers and are the ones people want to see.

no one denies caro, or peter ebdon or the more defensive football temas can be mightly effective but they will always be critised for it as the bottom line is sport is entertainment.

AcesHigh
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
loads of sports, you get football teams that are known to play a boring defensive style of football, the same with that british table tennis guy who played exclusively defensive table tennis. steve davis and peter ebdon are known as boring snooker players because they play defensively.

people go to watch and are excited by the attacking football teams, or snooker players. thats why say man u and rocket ronnie are crowd pleasers and are the ones people want to see.

no one denies caro, or peter ebdon or the more defensive football temas can be mightly effective but they will always be critised for it as the bottom line is sport is entertainment.

Well, here in the US at least.. teams are praised for winning ugly. The Pittsburgh steelers and Baltimore Ravens are notorious for winning very ugly low-scoring games but the matchup is seen as one of the best in football.

The San Antonio Spurs dynasty won by playing ugly and they were praised.

Same for a number of baseball teams like the Atlanta Braves who were praised for their good defense and pitching.

The teams are not put together to entertain just as it is not the tennis player's responsibility to entertain.
That is the function of the WTA, ATP, NFL, NBA, MLB whatever. If you have complaints.. complain about the WTA

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
:lol: OMG...Aceshigh comparing tennis to baseball?! :help:

See, how easily Caroline can be made look like an amateur?! NO forehand, so Petkovic kept pounding the forehand on big points...no net-play, ZERO aggresion. So many second serve looks on those sp's, but Caro never was willing to take a risk.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
loads of sports, you get football teams that are known to play a boring defensive style of football...

Mourinho is an expert in defensive tactics, and he's known as 'The Special One'. Plenty of people think he's the greatest manager on earth :shrug:

Some people appreciate different tactical approaches. Simple as that.

CloudAtlas
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM

See, how easily Caroline can be made look like an amateur?! NO forehand, so Petkovic kept pounding the forehand on big points...no net-play, ZERO aggresion. So many second serve looks on those sp's, but Caro never was willing to take a risk.

Caro hit 24 UE's in that set , and Petkovic 8 winners. It's not completely on Petkovic's racket right now is it?

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM

Couldn't agree more.

msharafan
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
well looks like Petkovic's respect for caro's game is paying off, I try to like caro but even just watching her play this match makes me question the tour's standard of play compared to 5 years ago it has dropped, a world number 1 who's forehand goes off as much as it did at the end of that first set? I do think caro gets a lot of hate that she shouldn't and i can see how her defensive game has goten her to where she is but even watching her play, I personally find her uninspiring, thats just my opinion, I'm not hating on her though, cause I admire how she's taken advantage of this weak standard of tennis at the moment.

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Caro hit 24 UE's in that set , and Petkovic 8 winners. It's not completely on Petkovic's racket right now is it?

Just illustrates..when her gameplan of keeping the ball in play isn't working, it's bye bye..no?

¤CharlDa¤
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Caro flat today, first time in a long time. Its just that simple. Kim didn't look great yesterday either, not much complains on her game.

Very nice and true words from Petko. Respectul and entertaining, that Razzi!

sammy01
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Mourinho is an expert in defensive tactics, and he's known as 'The Special One'. Plenty of people think he's the greatest manager on earth :shrug:

he has the personality that people love ;)

plus he is a bit of a silver fox :angel:

CloudAtlas
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Just illustrates..when her gameplan of keeping the ball in play isn't working, it's bye bye..no?

.....or it illustrates the obvious , if you hit errors , you lose.

InsideOut.
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Wozniacki is not:

1. boring
2. a pusher
3. a moonballer
4. killing tennis

Nadal is a moonballer.
Wozniacki is aggressive.

Her game isn't boring.

Who's Myskina anyway?

I can't wait for that.

:worship: Now Caro has her own Claycourter as spokesperson.

As for the points you raised, :tape:

Nico_E
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
oh shut up Petko and choke already

Miss "i want to change the world"

she bores me already :rolleyes:

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Nothing on break points, just waiting UE as usual:o

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:13 PM

ROFL !! Not exclusively... Mourinho adapts or can adapt to the teams he's coaching... I still haven't seen him yet play it safe behind with Real Madrid and anyways in Bernabeu he would almost never be allowed to with the socios...

Caro doesn't have these adaptation abilities.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
he has the personality that people love ;)

plus he is a bit of a silver fox :angel:

I can't stand him :lol: But I appreciate what he does.

Even if the defensive play itself can be dull - it's great to see the opposition try to break down the wall of defence like Barcelona did to Chelsea's parked bus in the Champions League a couple of years ago. In this case, a lot of it is on the opponent's racquet - they've got to bring the goods if they want to beat Caro. She knows that, which is why it's a smart tactic. And most of her opponents aren't good enough to break down that wall - that's the real problem, not Caro herself. If anything I applaud her for making the most of the situation - the players are in the game to win, not for shits & giggles.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but she really doesn't deserve a lot of the stick she gets.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:16 PM
ROFL !! Come on... :lol: Mourinho adapts or can adapt to the teams he's coaching... I still haven't seen him yet play it safe behind with Real Madrid and anyways in Bernabeu he would almost never be allowed to with the socios...

Caro doesn't have these adaptation abilities.

Being defensive won him the Champions League with Inter (and probably the treble, but I don't watch Serie A). He'll probably win fuck all this year with Real.

gdmirou
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Regardless of what you think about Caroline, her success is good for the evolution of the game. The problem with the quality of play in tennis in the last few years is that the younger players have tried to emulate the success of Venus and Serena by being aggressive ballstrikers without being as good of an athlete as either of them. Therefore, the quality of play has dropped because most of the younger players can't move well around the court and can't harness their power so the matches become errorfests. Caroline has shown that unless you are also a good athlete you can't and won't be consistently successful. Hopefully, the next step in the evolution of women's tennis is a group of young players who get that an aggressive mentality is good but only if you are fit and know when to go for your shots.

The good thing about Caroline is she keeps improving and hasn't let being number one wear her down mentally yet.

A well thought-out post. :yeah:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Being defensive won him the Champions League with Inter (and probably the treble, but I don't watch Serie A). He'll probably win fuck all this year with Real.

:shrug: Yes but you can't play Barça otherwise to me !? Arsenal tried playing the offense it could have worked but they just weren't enough good behind (Koscielny & co ROFL !!)... IDK I hate (superior) defense even in soccer... I think that's why I love Real Madrid so much... :crying2:

I don't watch Seria A too because of their Catenacco or whatever they call that... Mou used that at best... in the Liga A everyone thaught he'd make play safe but adapted very well to the offense...

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
:shrug: Yes but you can't play Barça otherwise to me !? Arsenal tried playing the offense it could have worked but they just weren't enough good behind (Koscielny & co ROFL !!)... IDK I hate (superior) defense even in soccer... I think that's why I love Real Madrid so much... :crying2:

I don't watch Seria A too but IK their Catenacco or whatever they call that Mou used at best in the Liga A everyone he'd make play safe but adapted very well to the offense...

Arsenal's defense are hilarious :lol:

I know Mourinho can adopt a variety of tactics, but my point is that knowing how to defend is invaluable (Arsenal being a perfect example :lol:) and it's a great tactic to use if you want to win. If you don't concede, you can't lose :)

Potato
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I love how this thread was supposed to be meant to start another war and now we have quite the candid football discussion :lol:

PLP
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Andrea has to play her. The others dont.
If Lindsay had to play Caro she wouldnt say that.

Good point, I also doubt she would say that.
But as a commentator, I love hearing her thoughts and opinions.

Nice words from Andrea, love her.

Temperenka
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Andrea is brighter than 95% of the people on this board, therefore her comments undeniably have some substance.

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Andrea is brighter than 95% of the people on this board, therefore her comments undeniably have some substance.

I have always had the feeling that Andrea is a smart girl off court. (not on court, she is hitting some :weirdo: shots :lol: )

Temperenka
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I have always had the feeling that Andrea is a smart girl off court. (not on court, she is hitting some :weirdo: shots :lol: )

I read an interview of Andrea's that basically said she tries to dumb herself down on court. Otherwise she over-thinks what she is doing and becomes a mental basket case. :lol:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Arsenal's defense are hilarious :lol:

I know Mourinho can adopt a variety of tactics, but my point is that knowing how to defend is invaluable (Arsenal being a perfect example :lol:) and it's a great tactic to use if you want to win. If you don't concede, you can't lose :)

Hard to tell... soccer is a team sport... tennis is individual... I have a feeling defense might work well for one but not the other... Caro still hasn't yet won a major and this is what she's searching for with her actual defensive game...

In ATP tennis if Del po didn't have blasted Federer off the courts in US Open 2009 something noboby had been abled to do from 2004 to 2008 would he have won the title !? If Rafa hadn't tweaked his grip for US Open to take much more risks on his serve or engage more aggressivity into his game would he have won AO too !?

I think offense favors the brave - the best defense is offense and that's why Barça (I hate ROFL !!) might be the greatest soccer team ever... In offense you're the one deciding the outcome... :shrug:

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:22 PM
:lol: looked what Barca did to Mourinho in la Liga once he finally decided to actually 'play' soccer: 5-0! Boom bam, thank you mam!

And thank Petkovic for showing how easy it is: hit to the forehand, wait for the weak reply.

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Clever girl...

Young 8
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:24 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8lct7uXfY1qc905t.gif

Feyd
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Petkovic is a clever girl. Praising her opponent and underrating herself to lull Caro into a false sense of security on their upcoming match. Well done :yeah:

Patrick345
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:31 PM
What a fail Kman.

Petko was just patronizing Caro, because she knew the ass whooping was imminent. :devil:

Fuzzylogic
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Perhaps a new tactic? Kiss Wozniacki's butt pre-match and she'll be easier to beat.

tea
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Given Caro's game Petko would have won playing dancing all match long.:shrug:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hard to tell... soccer is a team sport... tennis is individual... I have a feeling defense might work well for one but not the other... Caro still hasn't yet won a major and this is what she's searching for with her actual defensive game...

In ATP tennis if Del po didn't have blasted Federer off the courts in US Open 2009 something noboby had been abled to do from 2004 to 2008 would he have won the title !? If Rafa hadn't tweaked his grip for US Open to take much more risks on his serve or engage more aggressivity into his game would he have won AO too !?

I think offense favors the brave - the best defense is offense and that's why Barça (I hate ROFL !!) might be the greatest soccer team ever... In offense you're the one deciding the outcome... :shrug:

It's hard to compare WTA to ATP (because let's face it - ATP is of a far higher standard) but most WTA players who go gung-ho and play all-out attack don't win consistently. Although they can blast lots of winners, they tend to miss a lot too. Similarly in football, if a team goes all-out attack without a decent defence they often concede goals on the counter attack.

Caro knows that if she doesn't miss, most of her opponents will so she can hardly ever lose. Right now to win matches, she's better off playing the way she does rather than playing a wild, risky game. It might not be enough to win her a slam yet (and I still think she needs to stop letting Piotrfile come on court during matches) but the good thing is that she's improving, whether people like to admit it or not. Today was just a bad day at the office, combined with Petkovic using some smart tactics of her own.

Obviously the ideal, in any sport, is to be good at both which is why Barça are the best football team in the world right now (no offence but it's true :lol:). They have the likes of Messi & Villa up front, but Puyol & Pique are important as well - they're two of the best centre backs in the world. Unfortunately for the WTA right now every player has flaws, so it's better to be exceptional at one thing rather than be average at everything.

Olórin
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'd like to think the best of Petkovic and that this was part of some sort of snide mind game designed to cause Wozniacki to lower her guard mentally. But sadly there are so few Machiavellian bitches on the WTA at the moment and they are probably friends :sad:

At least she won.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:04 PM

You need a stronger argument :tape:. Rafa won the FO at 17, and he was plenty aggressive on clay, just that his technique made it easy to get rushed on quicker courts. He made small adjustments without actually changing his game/shots, and voila... I agree with the poster who said being a good athlete is more valuable than being mindlessly aggressive; I would add to that the ability to win matches, something Wozniacki is great at.

Matt01
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Fair comments from Petko.

This.

:weirdo:

pov
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM
The average TF tennis fan doesn't want to appreciate Caroline's footwork, they want to see fun tennis.
If you're right it would give even more weight to Petkovic's assertion that they're stupid (when it comes to tennis).

Brena
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I'd like to think the best of Petkovic and that this was part of some sort of snide mind game designed to cause Wozniacki to lower her guard mentally. But sadly there are so few Machiavellian bitches on the WTA at the moment and they are probably friends :sad:

At least she won.

So true, and indeed sad. :bigcry:

Inger67
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
:bowdown:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM
You need a stronger argument :tape:. Rafa won the FO at 17, and he was plenty aggressive on clay, just that his technique made it easy to get rushed on quicker courts. He made small adjustments without actually changing his game/shots, and voila... I agree with the poster who said being a good athlete is more valuable than being mindlessly aggressive; I would add to that the ability to win matches, something Wozniacki is great at.

I saw Nadal grow from nothing to glory and I remember very well that he was very very far from being aggressive and this is something he develloped around 2 or 3 yrs. a back because he had objectives on HCs and grass... contrary to the other Spaniards... I don't really know where you get that from... :shrug:

You can't deny that Caro wins matches because her opponents misses way too much and we have plenty of matches in history where her opponents were executing and she was completely overwhelmed... e.g. Petra in Wimbledon, Li but also Kimmie etc...

It's hard to compare WTA to ATP (because let's face it - ATP is of a far higher standard) but most WTA players who go gung-ho and play all-out attack don't win consistently. Although they can blast lots of winners, they tend to miss a lot too. Similarly in football, if a team goes all-out attack without a decent defence they often concede goals on the counter attack.

Well this is a fair statement but the girl's have completely let their physique go down the drain which explains this... when you don't get placed correctly and you're trying to hit hard is a deadly cocktail... watch Del po and why he's able to hit hard from anywhere on the court with little misses... he has incredible pair of wheels and compare this to Petra...

It's similar to a center-foward trying to strike the ball with his body weight going backwards for example... the ball is heading to the sky ROFL !!

Real Madrid has payed the price for the everything but defense on the last 5 to 6 years. :crying2: Mou has stabilized things very well

Caro knows that if she doesn't miss, most of her opponents will so she can hardly ever lose. Right now to win matches, she's better off playing the way she does rather than playing a wild, risky game. It might not be enough to win her a slam yet (and I still think she needs to stop letting Piotrfile come on court during matches) but the good thing is that she's improving, whether people like to admit it or not. Today was just a bad day at the office, combined with Petkovic using some smart tactics of her own.

This is the key word... Let's see when Ana... Maria comes back where they were how she'll adapt... I personally think she can't...

Obviously the ideal, in any sport, is to be good at both which is why Barça are the best football team in the world right now (no offence but it's true :lol:). They have the likes of Messi & Villa up front, but Puyol & Pique are important as well - they're two of the best centre backs in the world. Unfortunately for the WTA right now every player has flaws, so it's better to be exceptional at one thing rather than be average at everything.

I hate that you have reason here... :o but Real Madrid is still the best team in the world. :p ROFL !!

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I hate that you have reason here... :o but Real Madrid is still the best team in the world. :p ROFL !!

That Real Madrid who has a losing record to freaking Lyon? :lol: It would have been funny as hell if Lyon didn't fuck it up in the second match :rolls: and we can't say Lyon is an amazing team in terms of offense especially last year lol

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Breaking news: Petkovic after the match

'Sorry, I was wrong. She definately sucks'

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM

If they can knock Tottenham Hotspur out of the Champions League then I'll love them too :lol:

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:59 PM
If they can knock Tottenham Hotspur out of the Champions League then I'll love them too :lol:

You both have shitty taste.

Lyon. :worship: It is even harder to support them than my current faves combined : Murray and Jankovic.

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Everyone loves Spurs.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
You both have shitty taste.

Lyon. :worship: It is even harder to support them than my current faves combined : Murray and Jankovic.

Meh, my team is in the 2nd tier of English football. I'll love any team who beats the top English clubs :D

And I don't know much about Ligue 1, but Yoann Gourcuff is enough reason to love Lyon :hearts:

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Meh, my team is in the 2nd tier of English football. I'll love any team who beats the top English clubs :D

And I don't know much about Ligue 1, but Yoann Gourcuff is enough reason to love Lyon :hearts:

Which one? :o
I kinda like the same club football than Caro :facepalm: Torres :mad:

http://www.google.fr/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.wefoot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gourcuff1.png&sa=X&ei=VwmRTeq4JIOI4QagroDNCw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEZ57pLzp1HF_gwuzPgUiAWoAZq5Q

http://www.google.fr/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/yoann-gourcuff/yoann-gourcuff-20090530-512308.jpg&sa=X&ei=3gmRTZeCL9DD4gaWu_S4Cw&ved=0CAQQ8wc4GA&usg=AFQjCNEueNSbRmVhXQ7sJVp3QkqkbcbRTw

Ok back to subject :lol: :

Petkorazzi is right, but Caro can be aggressive. What I don't understand is that when her pushing game is not efficient enough, why doesn't she try to be more aggressive ? It would be her plan B.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Gourcuff :hearts:

And I support Leeds United. You could call them the Sharapova of English football - they were at the top & they belong at the top but had a terrible fall from grace and now they are slowly working their way back up :lol: :tape:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:39 PM
:o It's time to stop with Yoan... :lol:

We will Realieve !! :angel:

That Real Madrid who has a losing record to freaking Lyon? :lol: It would have been funny as hell if Lyon didn't fuck it up in the second match :rolls: and we can't say Lyon is an amazing team in terms of offense especially last year lol

We never lost to Lyon Debby :o this is a "crime de lèse-majesté" (Forgive me can't say in english ROFL !!)

In Bernabeu we thaught Lyon to play soccer... :worship:

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Gourcuff :hearts:

And I support Leeds United. You could call them the Sharapova of English football - they were at the top & they belong at the top but had a terrible fall from grace and now they are slowly working their way back up :lol: :tape:

Oh I forgot they were belonging to the top :oh:

Being the city's only professional football team, Leeds United are associated with a large, passionate fan base. Recent online research indicates that they are in the top 10 most supported clubs in England.[4][5]

:worship: !

If they are like Sharapova, does it mean they will lose to the Wozniacki of football (Real Madrid) ? :hysteric: (actually Bordeaux in their prime were much worse.... soooo defensive and yet won the championships only thanks to :hearts: Yoann ugh :rolleyes: )

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:46 PM
It's funny to me that she says this and then basically implements a game plan to outpush Wozniacki.

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:48 PM
:o It's time to stop with Yoan... :lol:

We will Realieve !! :angel:

We never lost to Lyon Debby :o this is a "crime de lèse-majesté" (Forgive me can't say in english ROFL !!)

In Bernabeu we thaught Lyon to play soccer... :worship:

Yoann is love. I think I am gonna replace Juju by Yoann in my avatar. So much better looking.

Like Sharapova never lost to Wozniacki? :lol: :lol:

AK6CsbF2CFw

HJbK0Wgh8MU

:oh:

(oh and last thing : you didn't teach Lyon how to play.... Puel taught Lyon how to suck :lol: since he is our coach, Lyon lost everything :help: )

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Oh I forgot they were belonging to the top :oh:

Being the city's only professional football team, Leeds United are associated with a large, passionate fan base. Recent online research indicates that they are in the top 10 most supported clubs in England.[4][5]

:worship: !

If they are like Sharapova, does it mean they will lose to the Wozniacki of football (Real Madrid) ? :hysteric: (actually Bordeaux in their prime were much worse.... soooo defensive and yet won the championships only thanks to :hearts: Yoann ugh :rolleyes: )

We lost to Sheffield United last week - that was like Sharapova losing to Greta Arn :hysteric:

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM
We lost to Sheffield United last week - that was like Sharapova losing to Greta Arn :hysteric:

Oh thanks for reminding me sweet memories. :oh:

But sorry about Sheffield. :(
Lyon, at some point this year, drew Arles-Avignon.... it was like the 11th day, and it was the first day Arles didn't lose :rolls: :facepalm:

My avatar matches yours :hearts: Azarenka and Gourcuff would be so cute together. But unbearable to support though. (I even like Vika lol).

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Oh thanks for reminding me sweet memories. :oh:

But sorry about Sheffield. :(
Lyon, at some point this year, drew Arles-Avignon.... it was like the 11th day, and it was the first day Arles didn't lose :rolls: :facepalm:

My avatar matches yours :hearts: Azarenka and Gourcuff would be so cute together. But unbearable to support though. (I even like Vika lol).

:lol:

Facepalmourcuff?

Still, there's no fun in supporting someone who wins all the time, no matter how unbearable the alternative is :)

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Facepalmourcuff?

Still, there's no fun in supporting someone who wins all the time, no matter how unbearable the alternative is :)

Yeah. He is so ridiculous. Lyon paid 22 millions of euros, and he is doing nothing. :facepalm: x 100.

I actually agree !
When Justine was winning all the time in 2007, I rooted for my second fave Vaidisova (see how I am fucked up without Justine? :lol: Vaidisova, JJ, Vika, I even used to support Srebotnik when she was playing singles) when she played Justine.

Too much wins kills the win. :o
But I thought you liked Barça ?

Maybe we should ask Miffedmax about it :oh:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Yoann is love. I think I am gonna replace Juju by Yoann in my avatar. So much better looking.

You had Yoan already... :lol:

Like Sharapova never lost to Wozniacki? :lol: :lol:

:oh:

(oh and last thing : you didn't teach Lyon how to play.... Puel taught Lyon how to suck :lol: since he is our coach, Lyon lost everything :help: )

Bla bla bla... :rolls: Maria is the best... Real is the best even if both have been slumping... :lol: Maria 3 GS - Real 9 champions league (a record)... :p

I hate Lyon and more specifically Jean-Michel Aulas. :tape: BTW I didn't know you were from Lyon !? Foretime IK you long ROFL !!

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah. He is so ridiculous. Lyon paid 22 millions of euros, and he is doing nothing. :facepalm: x 100.

I actually agree !
When Justine was winning all the time in 2007, I rooted for my second fave Vaidisova (see how I am fucked up without Justine? :lol: Vaidisova, JJ, Vika, I even used to support Srebotnik when she was playing singles) when she played Justine.

Too much wins kills the win. :o
But I thought you liked Barça ?

Maybe we should ask Miffedmax about it :oh:

I hear Arsenal will buy him when Fabregas leaves so maybe he won't be such a waste of money after all :lol:

and I wouldn't say I support Barca but I do enjoy watching them play - they play some beautiful football :hearts:.

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:32 PM
You had Yoan already... :lol:

Bla bla bla... :rolls: Maria is the best... Real is the best even if both have been slumping... :lol: Maria 3 GS - Real 9 champions league (a record)... :p

I hate Lyon and more specifically Jean-Michel Aulas. :tape: BTW I didn't know you were from Lyon !? Foretime IK you long ROFL !!

Yoann (with two n please :p ) is my perfect guy. I will get him in Lyon. :hearts:
Maria is the best ? ROFL ! Since when 3 slams is a record ? :lol: I think 7 slams are still better... :rolls:

Oh why do you hate Lyon? :( Aulas is amazing, he is even better than Serena for finding some great and hilarious excuses and for bitterness. AMEN ! No, I am not from Lyon, but I have been supporting them since 1999, and I am going to move into Lyon next summer. Can't wait to see Lyon thrashing Madrid in Round Robins next year in live. :drool: (if they qualify to Champions league... :tape: )

I hear Arsenal will buy him when Fabregas leaves so maybe he won't be such a waste of money after all :lol:

and I wouldn't say I support Barca but I do enjoy watching them play - they play some beautiful football :hearts:.

Nooooooooooo
I hate Arsenal :bigcry: They are useless as well.

True, but I have the feeling they won't win the CL... OMG ! Imagine if Tottenham ends winning the whole thing. :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Yoann (with two n please :p ) is my perfect guy. I will get him in Lyon. :hearts:
Maria is the best ? ROFL ! Since when 3 slams is a record ? :lol: I think 7 slams are still better... :rolls:

Oh why do you hate Lyon? :( Aulas is amazing, he is even better than Serena for finding some great and hilarious excuses and for bitterness. AMEN ! No, I am not from Lyon, but I have been supporting them since 1999, and I am going to move into Lyon next summer. Can't wait to see Lyon thrashing Madrid in Round Robins next year in live. :drool: (if they qualify to Champions league... :tape: )

Nooooooooooo
I hate Arsenal :bigcry: They are useless as well.

True, but I have the feeling they won't win the CL... OMG ! Imagine if Tottenham ends winning the whole thing. :lol:

Tottenham can't win :sobbing: They're not even doing well enough in the league to qualify for next year's tournament :lol:

And I quite like Arsenal - it's that thing about liking failures :lol:

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Tottenham can't win :sobbing: They're not even doing well enough in the league to qualify for next year's tournament :lol:

And I quite like Arsenal - it's that thing about liking failures :lol:

Liverpool 2005. ;) If I am not wrong, they won the CL but failed to qualify in the league for next year's tournament :lol:

Yes but Wenger is kinda disturbing, he always wants to buy young players. :tape: And he annoys me, when he is a commentator for some french matchs :lol:

Anyway, take my advice : never watch la Ligue 1. It is so boring, so defensive (again that thing about liking failures as Lyon :lol: ) . So many 0-0 scores. I remember, a few weeks ago, eight matchs were played and only 4 goals were scored. :rolls: Wozniacki would love our french football.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Liverpool 2005. ;) If I am not wrong, they won the CL but failed to qualify in the league for next year's tournament :lol:

Yes but Wenger is kinda disturbing, he always wants to buy young players. :tape: And he annoys me, when he is a commentator for some french matchs :lol:

Anyway, take my advice : never watch la Ligue 1. It is so boring, so defensive (again that thing about liking failures as Lyon :lol: ) . So many 0-0 scores. I remember, a few weeks ago, eight matchs were played and only 4 goals were scored. :rolls: Wozniacki would love our french football.

I dislike Liverpool even more than Tottenham :(

And there's me thinking Italian teams were the most defensive :lol:

I do quite like Marseille though - their fans create such an amazing atmosphere. Love the city too, from what I've seen of it.

Noctis
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Andrea saying this to boost her win's importance,knowing she'll kick her ass in the next day

debby
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
And there's me thinking Italian teams were the most defensive :lol:

I do quite like Marseille though - their fans create such an amazing atmosphere. Love the city too, from what I've seen of it.

French teams usually own Italian teams.
Omg when Lyon lost to Milan AC in 2005, I cried so much. :sad: they were leading, and BAM ! two goals (from grandpa like Maldini and Shevchenko :lol: ) at the very end of the match. Such a bummer....

No, just no. JUST NO. :lol: I hate Marseille :lol:
Their fans used to create a great atmosphere but not anymore... because of the lack of a roof.
And I have heard Marseille is kinda dirty. Trust me, Lyon is one of the most beautiful cities in France. So much better than Paris.

EDIT : Why do you dislike Liverpool? :sad:

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:55 PM

ROFL !! but so true... everything sucks in France other from handball, swimming, rugby... ROFL !! I hate all these sports. :crying2:

Oh why do you hate Lyon? :(

Real has 9 Champion's league a record... :rolls: Have you seen Lyon's game !? :zzz:

debby
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:00 AM
ROFL !! but so true... everything sucks in France other from handball, swimming, rugby... ROFL !! I hate all these sports. :crying2:

Me too :sobbing: I felt I was the only one in France who didn't give a shit about World Cup in handball that France won. :sobbing: Yeah but France is owned by New Zealand in rugby, that is amazing. :lol: Swimming, whatever.

oh you forgot Loeb, but noone gives a shit about him but L'équipe. :lol:

Real has 9 Champion's league a record... :rolls: Have you seen Lyon's game !? :zzz:

Well, when Houllier (sorry Facepalmarenka :lol: ) trained Lyon, Lyon was arguably one of the top 5 best football teams IMO. All their best players gone, Lyon now sucks.

SwingVolley93
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Of course Kman would start this thread :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:02 AM
French teams usually own Italian teams.
Omg when Lyon lost to Milan AC in 2005, I cried so much. :sad: they were leading, and BAM ! two goals (from grandpa like Maldini and Shevchenko :lol: ) at the very end of the match. Such a bummer....

No, just no. JUST NO. :lol: I hate Marseille :lol:
Their fans used to create a great atmosphere but not anymore... because of the lack of a roof.
And I have heard Marseille is kinda dirty. Trust me, Lyon is one of the most beautiful cities in France. So much better than Paris.

EDIT : Why do you dislike Liverpool? :sad:

I heard that about Marseille too but when I got there it's no worse than parts of England :lol: Some parts are really nice though - the port is beautiful at night. I've heard lots of good things about Lyon though :) I'd love to go there one day, but I have a long list of places I want to go :lol:

And Liverpool have a lot of players I don't like - Gerrard, Lucas, Babel. Glad Rafa Benitez left though, he's one of the most annoying managers ever :o Don't like Manchester United or Chelsea either - too many glory hunting fans.

debby
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:05 AM
I heard that about Marseille too but when I got there it's no worse than parts of England :lol: Some parts are really nice though - the port is beautiful at night. I've heard lots of good things about Lyon though :) I'd love to go there one day, but I have a long list of places I want to go :lol:

And Liverpool have a lot of players I don't like - Gerrard, Lucas, Babel. Glad Rafa Benitez left though, he was awful :o Don't like Manchester United or Chelsea either - too many glory hunting fans.

I will maybe visit Marseille next year. :lol: I have never been gone to the south of France, how shameful of me !
What is your places list? :) (LMAO we have talked about everything but Caro and her tennis, why not carrying on? :lol: it is refreshing after all these many threads about her :o )

Gerrard is amazing :speakles:
I hate Chelsea as well. Most of them are glory hunting fans, and I don't know, but it only smells money and money... nothing about history and glory. Dunno, it never attracted me. :shrug: MU... meh they beat Marseille, it is good enough :devil: :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I will maybe visit Marseille next year. :lol: I have never been gone to the south of France, how shameful of me !
What is your places list? :) (LMAO we have talked about everything but Caro and her tennis, why not carrying on? :lol: it is refreshing after all these many threads about her :o )

Gerrard is amazing :speakles:
I hate Chelsea as well. Most of them are glory hunting fans, and I don't know, but it only smells money and money... nothing about history and glory. Dunno, it never attracted me. :shrug: MU... meh they beat Marseille, it is good enough :devil: :lol:

Nobody stays on topic in Caro threads anyway :lol: At least this is normal chat - most Caro threads are full of nothing but abuse.

Gerrard? He might be a good player but he gets away with assaulting people just because he's Steven Gerrard :o He dives too much as well :lol:

The two places I want to visit most are New York & Melbourne but they're pretty unrealistic for me. I'd like to go back to Toronto, Barcelona & Lisbon - loved them all :)

debby
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Nobody stays on topic in Caro threads anyway :lol: At least this is normal chat - most Caro threads are full of nothing but abuse.

Gerrard? He might be a good player but he gets away with assaulting people just because he's Steven Gerrard :o He dives too much as well :lol:

The two places I want to visit most are New York & Melbourne but they're pretty unrealistic for me. I'd like to go back to Toronto, Barcelona & Lisbon - loved them all :)

At least, we are harmful. :lol:

So I bet you hate Cristiano Ronaldo as well? :lol: I hate when people call him Ronaldo, I don't know, but Ronaldo will remain RONALDO THE BRESILIAN forever :hearts:

Why? If you can go to Toronto, why would not you go to New York?
And if you are at college, you can try to be an exchange student and choose Melbourne. That's what I am going to do next September. Or Vancouver. I don't still know.

You must have traveled a lot... lucky you :D I only visited London (that I loved, I want to go back there one day...), Brussels, Brugges and Amsterdam. I didn't like the Walloon part :o (apologize me Justine :facepalm: )

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Seriously the day you guys will come in Guadeloupe the carribbean where I live you all would have accomplished something in life... until then... :hug:

Debby OMG Sébastien Loeb ROFL !! He's so denied here :rolls: it's crazy... but no one gives a damn about Rally.

debby
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Seriously the day you guys will come in Guadeloupe the carribbean where I live you all would have accomplished something in life... until then... :hug:

Debby OMG Sébastien Loeb ROFL !! He's so denied here :rolls: it's crazy... but no one gives a damn about Rally.

Wait, man, I thought you were living in Paris. :lol: Guess I am wrong me too :lol:
I would rather go to Martinique. :angel:

but he is always the best french sportsman according to l'équipe... :rolleyes: how sad.
What about Ribéry and Evra ? :rolls:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM
At least, we are harmful. :lol:

So I bet you hate Cristiano Ronaldo as well? :lol: I hate when people call him Ronaldo, I don't know, but Ronaldo will remain RONALDO THE BRESILIAN forever :hearts:

Why? If you can go to Toronto, why would not you go to New York?
And if you are at college, you can try to be an exchange student and choose Melbourne. That's what I am going to do next September. Or Vancouver. I don't still know.

You must have traveled a lot... lucky you :D I only visited London (that I loved, I want to go back there one day...), Brussels, Brugges and Amsterdam. I didn't like the Walloon part :o (apologize me Justine :facepalm: )

I call him "greasy Ronaldo" :lol: But you're right, I don't like him at all. He's nothing in comparison to the original Ronaldo :worship:

Most of the places I've been to are in Spain & France, plus Germany a couple of times mainly from family holidays when I was younger. I've been to Belgium too but I don't remember a lot about it. But someone crashed into our car on the way to Ostend, that was memorable :lol: No harm done :)

Toronto was a rare holiday for me since it was much further away (and much more expensive). It would be a while before I could save up and go to somewhere like NY or Australia. But it would be worth every penny :)

So Disrespectful
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:00 AM
It's not fair to say that people who criticize Wozniacki don't know much about tennis. Yes she has powerful legs, moves well and gets into position early, but that does not make her game appealing to every tennis fan, nor does it make her any better as a player than Serena Williams, Kim Clijsters or the Maria Sharapova of old. Most women's tennis fans simply prefer a more flashy playstyle, a higher number of winners (even if that means more unforced errors) and a willingness to take risks. Obviously Wozniacki's more modest style of play is no less valid and is far more effective at the moment, I mean, her results speak for themselves. The frustrating fact for people who do not support her is that Wozniacki's game works just fine against most players. If the other girls would only step it up, she might actually need to advance her game a little. Yet they don't, and this is basically a poor reflection on the rest of the tour.

We do not need to share Petkovic's opinion to have an understanding of the game. Her opinion itself is quite mature and intelligent however.

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:44 AM
.....or it illustrates the obvious , if you hit errors , you lose.

:lol: If your game is built around waiting for errors and you don't have the ability to hit winners yourself, yep..:lol:

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Well, here in the US at least.. teams are praised for winning ugly. The Pittsburgh steelers and Baltimore Ravens are notorious for winning very ugly low-scoring games but the matchup is seen as one of the best in football.

The San Antonio Spurs dynasty won by playing ugly and they were praised.

Same for a number of baseball teams like the Atlanta Braves who were praised for their good defense and pitching.

The teams are not put together to entertain just as it is not the tennis player's responsibility to entertain.
That is the function of the WTA, ATP, NFL, NBA, MLB whatever. If you have complaints.. complain about the WTA

:haha: :rolls: The San Antonio Spurs...and you don't happen to know the ratings for all the finals the Spurs were in, huh?! A total nightmare for David Stern.

go hingis
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Nice comment from Petko.
I don't find Caro boring I find it boring watching players who make error after error and don't have the brains to change something.

CloudAtlas
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't find Caro boring I find it boring watching players who make error after error and don't have the brains to change something.

That was pretty much Caroline yesterday lol

Lapaco
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
:haha: :rolls: The San Antonio Spurs...and you don't happen to know the ratings for all the finals the Spurs were in, huh?! A total nightmare for David Stern.

what bs. spurs play the way ball should be played. with flair and discipline.