PDA

View Full Version : Miami R4: [1]Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v [21]Andrea Petkovic (GER)

Tennis Observer
Mar 27th, 2011, 04:45 AM
first meeting, Caro is bookies' tournament frontrunner.

Odds solid for Caro:

Caroline Wozniacki: 2/13
Andrea Petkovic: 5

Winner will meet either [6]Jelena Jankovic (SRB) or Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) in QF.

Shadowcat
Mar 27th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I'm hoping Caro will win...but I really don't care if Petkovic beats Caro...anyways...

MB.
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:02 AM
After cutting it so close with Dani, I'm thinking Petko might give her more trouble than expected.

Caro in 3?

Matej
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:03 AM
If Petkovic serves well and returns aggressively against Wozniacki, then she will have a chance. But Andrea can be very erratic as well.

My guess: Wozniacki wins 6:3, 7:5.

backhandsmash
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:07 AM
I don't think the delightful Petkovic will be a problem. JJ certainly will be, though.

Vikapower
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Andrea please do this darling this is critical... I'll go with Dance def. Boredom 6-4 6-4.

Smitten
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Petkovic stroke production is too bad to win, IMO.

C. W. Fields
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I think Caro will handle Petkovic much the same way she handles Sharapova.

gc-spurs
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Caro will win, but I hope Petko does it.

Crux Squall
Mar 27th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Superpush in 2 6-3 6-2

Mistress of Evil
Mar 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Karolina The Great :bowdown:

doomsday
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I think Caro will handle Petkovic much the same way she handles Sharapova.

Woz handle Shoulderpova pretty well, not Sharapova.:p

Tuckii
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Go Andy :devil:

She has a chance, Caro could be tired :p

A-Bond
Mar 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Woow I think Andrea is slightly underestimated here. I mean Wozniacki had to go into a tie break against Hantuchova and as we all know Sunshine is not a player who can lift her game, she's always on the same level. I actually like Petkovic's chances here, but she has to be VERY focussed and the choker has to stay at home this time otherwise she will suffer another heartbreaking loss.

klever58
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Wall 63 62

TennisFan66
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Caro is 1.15 for the match and still fave to win the tournament. It would take a very unlikely set of circumstances for this not to be Caro in the QF.

cn ireland
Mar 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I think this will be a close match with Caro winning in 3!

Break My Rapture
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Woz in straights. Petkovic is not getting through her defense, and even if she is able to construct some sort of lead she'll choke it away for granted anyway.

Vee Williams
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Woz handle Shoulderpova pretty well, not Sharapova.:p

It's funny how Shoulderpova is the one who loses and Sharapova the one who wins. Almost a clinical case.

InsideOut.
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Wozniacki 6-4 6-2.

!VamosRafa!
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
:worship:GREAT WALL OF DENMARK:worship: 6-4 6-3:mad::mad::mad:

goldenlox
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
This is a tough draw for Caro. Should be a good match. Jankovic is tough in QF.
I think winning this title would be a bigger statement than IW, especially if Kim is healthy & in the final

toxina90
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I smell Petkovic's first win over the top rank...maybe.

doooma6816
Mar 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Head says Wozzzz...but I hope Petkovic.

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Andrea please do this darling this is critical... I'll go with Dance def. Boredom 6-4 6-4.
Caroline isn't boring.
Superpush in 2 6-3 6-2
Caroline is not a pusher.
as we all know Sunshine is not a player who can lift her game, she's always on the same level.
What?
Wozniacki can definitely lift her game.
Did you see the damage she did to Pennetta (who was playing very well)?
No.
Head says Wozzzz...but I hope Petkovic.
Your head speaks more sense than your hopes...

Wozniacki will win this.

QuietPlease
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Caro :cheer:

Fuzzylogic
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Caroline isn't boring.
What?

She's yet to prove she can when it matters the most...slam.

And boring/entertaining is subjective. If someone says she's boring then that's probably that person's opinion, not yours?

SELVEN
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Sunshine in 2.Andrea prove me wrong:sobbing:

Vikapower
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Caroline isn't boring.

Caroline is not a pusher.

What?

No.

Your head speaks more sense than your hopes...

Wozniacki will win this.

You're a new Caro fan I can't wait to hear what you have in stock to say she's non boring ROFL !!

debby
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:03 PM
You're a new Caro fan I can't wait to hear what you have in stock to say she's non boring ROFL !!

You should get along well together since you have so many excuses for Sharapova-GOAT :lol:

Stevecw
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Obviously would love to see Petko win this, but can't see it happening. Afraid Caro will win in 2 :(

Ryan
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I hope this is a fun match, but with Caro coming through in straights.

goldlion
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Petkovic chokes even she leads, what else can we say?

Mashabator
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I wish petko would win, but Caro will

Keadz
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:53 AM
This matchup will most likely expose the limitations in Petkovic's ground game, so we will see if she has the ability to change things up and think on court.

In saying that, Caro in 2 (one tight set).

Andy.
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Two people I quite dislike. Im actually going to be cheering for Caro :help:Just so we dont have to see that stupid dance :rolleyes:

Betten
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I sincerely doubt we'll see any dancing at the end of this match.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Go Petko! Dance Dance Revolution! :rocker2:

AniaSharapova
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I would love to see that Petkovic win this match but unfortunately it won't happen. Caro will win in two easy sets.

Safe-From-Harm
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I voted Caroline.
But, Andrea...please :tape:

Tuckii
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Go Petko :devil:

kman
Mar 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Same as what her next opponent Petkovic says?

- I'm really looking forward to meeting Caroline. You know, I really enjoy watching Caroline play because I love the way she bring herself in position for the ball and where she places the balls. I really enjoy to watch her matches and I believe I have a good sense of what makes her so good.

Is her playing style underrated?

- If people underrate it, they're really stupid. I'm sorry but everyone who knows a thing about tennis, and has played it themselves, has to recognize she plays so well and cleverly. People talk about her lacking power. But look at the power she has in her legs. She's the girl on tour who gets one more ball back than everyone else and that's what makes her so good. And then there's her mental game.

It makes me sad when people focus on her not having won a slam, that she's boring and so on. Listen, she's 20 years old. 20! I have a sister who's 21 and I know what life experience she has. The fact that Caroline can handle all this stuff that comes with being number one at this age is just incredible, and people who criticize her don't know much about tennis.

source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1527109.ece

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM

- I'm really looking forward to meeting Caroline. You know, I really enjoy watching Caroline play because I love the way she bring herself in position for the ball and where she places the balls. I really enjoy to watch her matches and I believe I have a good sense of what makes her so good.

Is her playing style underrated?

- If people underrate it, they're really stupid. I'm sorry but everyone who knows a thing about tennis, and has played it themselves, has to recognize she plays so well and cleverly. People talk about her lacking power (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=19333125&posted=1#). But look at the power she has in her legs. She's the girl on tour who gets one more ball back than everyone else and that's what makes her so good. And then there's her mental game.

It makes me sad when the people focus on her not having won a slam, that she's boring and so on. Listen, she's 20 years old. 20! I have a sister who's 21 and I know what life experience she has. The fact that Caroline can handle all this stuff that comes with being number one at this age is just incredible, and people who criticize her don't know much about

source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1527109.eceWow! Great comments by Andrea!

Shadowcat
Mar 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
She's yet to prove she can when it matters the most...slam.

And boring/entertaining is subjective. If someone says she's boring then that's probably that person's opinion, not yours?

Agreed. It's really weird that she's playing well enough to win these tournaments but not a Grand Slam. And Caro is boring just like Murray, at least in my opinion.

CWTennis
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Caro in 2!

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM

source:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/tennis/article1527109.ece
Petkovic got it right on the dot.
She's made some great comments there.

SVK
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Another GM pool fail:oh:

backhandsmash
Mar 28th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'll just bring up mine:

I don't think the delightful Petkovic will be a problem. JJ certainly will be, though.

:clap2:

toxina90
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM

:rocker: