PDA

View Full Version : Caroline tired and dissatisfied with busy off-court schedule

kman
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Google-translated:

- I will be more severe in future. Both to the WTA and Caroline's own manager (American John Tobias, Ed.), says Piotr.

- They need to respect Caroline's leisure. In future I will make a wall about Caroline. Then they scold me.
Piotr Wozniacki should be in high spirits on top of Sunday's big triumph at Indian Wells. Instead, he is frustrated. Because his daughter is frustrated:

- She is very tired and unhappy in these days. There are too many things she is obliged to do off the court.

- First, she must fly from California to Florida with three hour time difference and so she must run from one to another Monday and Tuesday. It does not. She should have more time to herself.

- Anyone else has the freedom of a few days a week, "he said after today's workout on Centre Court.

Here yawned Caroline reportedly underway.

Caroline Wozniacki has previously done well in two tournaments in a row, most recently in Dubai and Qatar, but the two American tournaments are bigger in every respect with much more attention from media and sponsors.

And as you know, forging one would like such a commercial use - in the U.S..

Compared to the WTA has Caroline had three commitments on Monday and Tuesday. Participation in the player council (as she posed for, ed.) Press conference and called the players party last night. This is where the glamorous side of sport is exposed globally from the red carpet.

Players get fines up to 250,000 dollars for not standing for the obligatory stuff, but the WTA is also often ask players to make up for photo reportage.

Ekstra Bladet tried yesterday to seek answers to Piotr Wozniackis criticism from both the WTA and manager John Tobias, but in vain.

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Her agent, Tobias, should be working with her, not againsty her.
If the WTA is smart, they will work with Caroline, let her determine the appearances schedule, and try to keep her feeling positive about the WTA

JJ Expres
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Players get fines up to 250,000 dollars for not standing for the obligatory stuff, but the WTA is also often ask players to make up for photo reportage.

SHE probably SIGNED the CONTRACT for MONEY so she is OBLIGATED
to PARTICIPATE if she want to be RICH!she can stay at home is she want's to but she is too greedy:)

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she campaign to be part of the players council. She was on Twitter asking for support from other players. She really can't complain now that she has expectation of her. It is part of being number 1. If she wants time off, don't play as many tournaments. She will learn the hard way. Never chase the money, the money should be chasing her.

C. Drone
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Piotr bitching again, what a bombshell. :yawn:

don't tell me being player council member is mandatory or she has to attend every party, etc...

Super Dave
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
No kidding; she was everywhere during the off-season. How many endorsements did she have? I just assumed that Piotr was the driving force behind it, trying to reap all the money he could for his daughter so she could weigh down the bank. I sort of understood - make hay while the sun shines - but she was oversaturated.

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Players parties are mandatory? For what? Whores for sponsors, literally? Who benefits from those besides the tennisforum off court pictures thread?

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
No kidding; she was everywhere during the off-season. How many endorsements did she have? I just assumed that Piotr was the driving force behind it, trying to reap all the money he could for his daughter so she could weigh down the bank. I sort of understood - make hay while the sun shines - but she was oversaturated.

I seriously doubt the WTA asked her to play tennis with a dictator and make happy faces with him. :lol:

Vlover
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
There are certain obligations that come with being the #1 seed off the courts as well. If you can't keep up then be prepared to be burned out early like some previous #1s or take the penalties (some loss of revenue) in order to prolong your career.:shrug:

Shonami Slam
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
just as one dreams of playing in the grand slam, as lifting a trophy and becoming the world number one - he or she should think about the responsabilities that tag along with it.

if she were to be, say, a doctor - saying such as "i'm too tired from always having to be sober, available and helpful" wouldn't be taken to nicely.
woman up. it's what brings your bread and butter, missy.

BlueTrees
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
Seriously I'm freaking sick of Clijsters and Wozniacki whinging all the time. They're only getting paid like $10 million a year! :eek: If you don't like it, get lost and find a new job. :rolleyes:

Meelis
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Players parties are mandatory?

yes

Hian
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
She's winning everything, and she's unhappy? Please, there are people who've really a reason to be unhappy, she has everything from life.

wildemu
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
she is still a girl, not mature enough to handle the responsibility yet apparently. How long will it take, who knows. Usually, it occurs when the parent finally exits the picture but I don't think that will happen with this family.

GoofyDuck
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
No comment.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
To whom much is given, much is expected. :shrug:

danieln1
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Seriously I'm freaking sick of Clijsters and Wozniacki whinging all the time. They're only getting paid like $10 million a year! :eek: If you don't like it, get lost and find a new job. :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said better!

I guess I wouldn't be complaining if I won millions of dollars like these bitches do....

MaBaker
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
She should stop whoring around then. And people should stop opening pointless and boring threads about Wozniacki in GM. Otherwise, I'll start vomiting in Danish delight.

pov
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Paid? By whom? Maybe you mean sponsorships? If you're talking about the WTA tour itself no player gets paid. NFL players get paid. Tennis players win prizes.

Also to know that they're "whining" you have to be actively reading articles about them so I guess you like being "freaking sick" and whining about whining. :haha:

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
I know people here don't actually need a correct quote or comment to start debating (I can beat men thread :rolleyes:), nowhere here has neither Piotr nor Caro said anything about she's unhappy being on players council.

Being the star of the WTA tour and #1 in the world, people are gonna pull at your from all sides. I'm glad Piotr is stepping in to act as a 'buffer'. I think sometimes Caro is being too nice. Like when Charleston called and was desperate because they didn't have any top names for their tournament. Its only a normal Premier, but .... still, Caro agreed to help them out. Personally, I'd rather have she'd gone back to Europe.

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
She should stop whoring around then. And people should stop opening pointless and boring threads about Wozniacki in GM. Otherwise, I'll start vomiting in Danish delight.

Yet you and madmax are an ingredience in EVERY SINGLE Caro thread in GM .. go figure. :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Source?

debby
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
so Sharapova gets fined because she doesn't attend players parties for instance (like IW) ???

anyway I don't give a shit for Caro or Kimberly complaining :) I'd love to earn millions only by showing up.

Jorn
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
She has won about DKK 7.500.000 this year already, so she should say NO doing all that sponsor work!

Its from www.eb.dk they just put crap mainly in that paper :o

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Source?

Local paper with a few Piotr comments from a couple of days ago. Beware the GM 'translation' .. not only from Danish into English, but also from actually said to 'GM claimed said' :lol:

Bingain
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Google-translated:

Hmm... Wikipedia says Ekstra Bladet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekstra_Bladet) is a tabloid selling naked pictures and making some money from sex ads. How reliable is the source?

But if that's what Piotr had said, that's disappointing. Three events in 2 days not bad especially they are all scheduled way in advance and thus everyone knows about them. Are there some thing the "smart journalists" at this tabloid have "forgotten" to put down?

I think I've read on Tennis.com that they (CW, Kim, Roddick etc) were to attend a kids charity event with Uncle Cliffie but I didn't check the date. I think this kind of events will be enjoyable though. But yeah, there's a reason why winning a tennis match is worth $300K+ nowadays. I wouldn't mind tennis stars making a little less so I don't pay $80+ for a goddamn groundpass at the USO.

C. Drone
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
I know people here don't actually need a correct quote or comment to start debating (I can beat men thread :rolleyes:), nowhere here has neither Piotr nor Caro said anything about she's unhappy being on players council.

Being the star of the WTA tour and #1 in the world, people are gonna pull at your from all sides. I'm glad Piotr is stepping in to act as a 'buffer'. I think sometimes Caro is being too nice. Like when Charleston called and was desperate because they didn't have any top names for their tournament. Its only a normal Premier, but .... still, Caro agreed to help them out. Personally, I'd rather have she'd gone back to Europe.

so, then where is this "buffer" when she has to say NO for tournaments, exos or endorsments? :o
like, she can't play a match w/o on-court coaching but she decides everything else alone... please.

Londoner
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Players' Dads! They never learn! Wait until the 'big boyfriend' comes around, Daddie's nose will be sorely out of joint!

Mary Cherry.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
Local paper with a few Piotr comments from a couple of days ago. Beware the GM 'translation' .. not only from Danish into English, but also from actually said to 'GM claimed said' :lol:

kman just loves to shit stir.

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:34 PM

Caro hasn't complained, her entire coaching team is concerned that off court commitments are stressing out the player.

How is this relevant to Kim?

Betty
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Seriously I'm freaking sick of Clijsters and Wozniacki whinging all the time. They're only getting paid like $10 million a year! :eek: If you don't like it, get lost and find a new job. :rolleyes: Your fav's have no reason to complain. They don't get tired, they always lose after a few rounds; :lol:

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:35 PM
so, then where is this "buffer" when she has to say NO for tournaments, exos or endorsments? :o
like, she can't play a match w/o on-court coaching but she decides everything else alone... please.

Thats exactly what I meant, when warning against 'translations' ... Sorry, but I cannot even be bothered to explain to you.#futileandwasteoftime

angliru
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ekstra Bladet is a tabloid paper, and they always dramatize stuff and give their articles a provocative angle (Tennisforum GM kind of stuff!).

Anyway, the thread title is misleading. It's Caroline's father and not Caroline herself who's complaining. He is concerned about her - knowing how commited she is towards press, WTA, fans, sponsors, charity, etc. But she's not complaining. He is.

She should learn to say no though!

BlueTrees
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Paid? By whom? Maybe you mean sponsorships? If you're talking about the WTA tour itself no player gets paid. NFL players get paid. Tennis players win prizes.

Also to know that they're "whining" you have to be actively reading articles about them so I guess you like being "freaking sick" and whining about whining. :haha:

Yes because whether the player is "paid" or "wins prizes" is totally changes everything. :weirdo: Money is money, honey.

And you're whining about me whining about whining. :wavey: I can play that game too. :hearts:

Caro hasn't complained, her entire coaching team is concerned that off court commitments are stressing out the player.

How is this relevant to Kim?

Well in that case, Piotr shouldn't be the one complaining, seeing as his daughter is making millions while he counts and spends it all. :lol:

It's relevant to Kim because she's also complained about the arduous life of a millionaire. If you don't see the relevance of the comparison, then maybe you are ignorant.

Your fav's have no reason to complain. They don't get tired, they always lose after a few rounds; :lol:

They always lose after a few rounds? Wow, what a shocker. I thought every player in the draw reaches the final. Believe it or not, not everyone can be top 10. And I don't see what the relevance is. The fact that you have to play that card shows your patheticness. :o And anyway, I don't recall Safina complaining when she was number one. :shrug: :wavey:

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing up the point that Caro never said that, Piotr did. Do you really think he would bring this up if it wasn't a concern shared by his daughter. Do you really think Caro is perfectly fine with all the demands on her. Just because Piotr is acting as the mouth piece, doesn't mean she doesn't share the same sentiment.

kman
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hmm... Wikipedia says Ekstra Bladet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekstra_Bladet) is a tabloid selling naked pictures and making some money from sex ads. How reliable is the source?
It's the most read Danish online newspaper. It has a lot of tabloid stuff though too.

Vartan
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't she campaign to be part of the players council. She was on Twitter asking for support from other players. She really can't complain now that she has expectation of her. It is part of being number 1. If she wants time off, don't play as many tournaments. She will learn the hard way. Never chase the money, the money should be chasing her.

+1.

hurricanejeanne
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Well, if Caro (or her dad for that matter) want her to be the world number one, future grand slam winner than they both need to get used to the demands. Otherwise, if it is too much than she should just tank her ranking and she'll be off the hook.

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
This man knew...

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/with_great_power_comes_great_responsibility.jpg

With NO power comes great responsibility!

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Well in that case, Piotr shouldn't be the one complaining, seeing as his daughter is making millions while he counts and spends it all. :lol:

It's relevant to Kim because she's also complained about the arduous life of a millionaire. If you don't see the relevance of the comparison, then maybe you are ignorant.

I'm ignorant, because you can't see the difference between a player complaining to the press [Kim], and a coaching team expressing concern that too many demands have been made on their player in the rest period between two Premiere Mandatory events while their player was happy to go along with it?

What the hell do you know about Caroline's financial arrangements? And you're suggesting that her coaching team is speaking out because they are short of counting time before spending all Caroline's prize money?

Shivank17
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Well that's what happens when you play 10000000 trillion tournaments every year and then make appearances everywhere for publicity. :p Get a life,Caroline. :yawn:

Matt01
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing up the point that Caro never said that, Piotr did. Do you really think he would bring this up if it wasn't a concern shared by his daughter. Do you really think Caro is perfectly fine with all the demands on her. Just because Piotr is acting as the mouth piece, doesn't mean she doesn't share the same sentiment.

Just like it doesn't has to mean that his daughter DOES share the same seniment. You know, father and daughter are two different people who can have different opinions. Just like two different sisters are different poeple, you should know about that.

PLP
Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Well that's what happens when you play 10000000 trillion tournaments every year and then make appearances everywhere for publicity. :p Get a life,Caroline. :yawn:

I think that's what she wants.
:lol:

It doesn't matter what your job is or how much you get paid. Everybody gets burnt out when they have no time off.
Plus Caroline seem like the kind of person that wants to please everyone. She needs to start saying no.

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Caroline played 5 tournaments this year. Its not burnout.
This is probably stuff they should keep in house. Discuss it with her agent & the WTA.
Same with Kim talking about skipping major tournaments.
It doesnt need to be news in March

edificio
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
I seriously doubt the WTA asked her to play tennis with a dictator and make happy faces with him. :lol:

:yeah:

MaBaker
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Yet you and madmax are an ingredience in EVERY SINGLE Caro thread in GM .. go figure. :lol:
Nothing to figure. Once you take at least half of the trash from GM to her own forum, I won't have to go to every single thread and vomit.

Wiggly
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
yes

Sharapova, who has the biggest star in IW, didn't went to the Players Party. Any fine?

Matt01
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Nothing to figure. Once you take at least half of the trash from GM to her own forum, I won't have to go to every single thread and vomit.

And all that vomitting forces you to post in her threads on GM as well? Poor you :awww:

Corswandt
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM
just as one dreams of playing in the grand slam, as lifting a trophy and becoming the world number one - he or she should think about the responsabilities that tag along with it.

if she were to be, say, a doctor - saying such as "i'm too tired from always having to be sober, available and helpful" wouldn't be taken to nicely.

It had to be said.

thegreendestiny
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:48 PM
so Sharapova gets fined because she doesn't attend players parties for instance (like IW) ???

anyway I don't give a shit for Caro or Kimberly complaining :) I'd love to earn millions only by showing up.

I don't think WTA is stupid enough to fine Maria for not attending their stupid gathering they call "party".

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I don't think WTA is stupid enough to fine Maria for not attending their stupid gathering they call "party".

or maybe maria is rich enough not to care about the fine and shuts up and takes it to do what she wants :shrug:

tea
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM

It had to be said.
BS. Plus idiotic comparison with a doctor.

Everything should be within reasonable limits. Playing tennis brings them bread and butter, other so-called responsibilities and off court activities should not interfere their primary occupation.