PDA

View Full Version : Karolina: "The young generation is deep. Serena will be challenged."

Smitten
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Miami - World number one Caroline Wozniacki said Tuesday that a tennis return for recovering Serena Williams would be good for the sport - but warned that the new generation has already staked a claim on the top of the game.

Serena has achieved so much (13 Grand Slams) that I'd also like to achieve. said the 20-year-old world number one Dane in the run-up to her second-round start at the Miami Masters. 'But for Serena, getting fit again is the most important thing.

I considered her a friend, but we have a good younger generation coming up, the competition is very deep now. Serena will have a good challenge.

The 30-year-old younger Williams sister is still recovering from surgery in February to remove a blood clot in her lungs and has no timetable set for a return to the sport after last playing nine months ago at Wimbledon. Her elder sister Venus also pulled from Miami with a longstanding abdominal injury.

The pair consider the tournament their home event and have won eight of the past 13 women's title between them, with Serena claiming five during a seven-year run.

Wozniacki visited Williams in Los Angeles earlier in the month and has spoken to the American in recent days. I wish her well and hope she comes back soon. said the Indian Wells champion who claimed six trophies in 2010 and two so far in 2011.

Wozniacki, who receives a bye in the first round like the other 31 women's seeds at the dual-sex event, again disputed criticism that holding the top ranking without having won a Grand Slam is somehow shameful for the sport.

I want to be number one and win a Grand Slam. When you're young you think of being number one, you don't know yet what those Grand Slams mean or how important they are.

I've reached one of my goals and now I'm going after my other said Wozniacki.

The Dane said that she feels she has the game to eventually break through into the ranks of Grand Slam champions. I have a lot of weapons, offensive and defensive. You don't win big events without them.

A Grand Slam title for me is hopefully just a matter of time. I'm on the right way.

Women's play was getting underway Tuesday with men due to start their event on Wednesday.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Serena's losses since Jan 2009 -

Dementieva (x3), Venus Williams, Patty Schnyder, Klara Zakapalova, Francesca Schiavone, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Kim Clijsters, Nadia Petrova (x2), Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur (2), Sybille Bammer, Victoria Azarenka.

The younger generation has certainly showed promise against her and will make it tough for her :yeah:

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
She makes it sound like Serena's been out for five years. What's changed between July 2010 and March 2011? How many more tough younger players do we have challenging at slams/big events? Exactly.

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:22 AM

Dementieva (x3), Venus Williams, Patty Schnyder, Klara Zakapalova, Francesca Schiavone, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Kim Clijsters, Nadia Petrova (x2), Jelena Jankovic, Samantha Stosur (2), Sybille Bammer, Victoria Azarenka.

The younger generation has certainly showed promise against her and will make it tough for her :yeah:Serena hasnt been incredible at the nonmajors. Caro, with 5 straight Tier I's, she is incredible at nonmajors. I dont know if Serena will care if Caro is #1 by 3000 points, as long as she can add to 13 major titles. Caro is still looking for her first. But some people feel that once she wins 1, more are coming

mb011
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
She better take the chance and win the RG cause Serena will be back to kick some a**. Dream on Caro, the young generation is no where to be found. Its because of Caro's "domination", i am missing Serena now.

tea
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
And, so? If she said "water is wet" you'd also want to discuss it?:confused:

GAGAlady
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
That may be true Caroline but facts are facts, Serena healthy and playing is still 50% better than u in all aspects of the game. Deal with it. And as for the " rest" of her generation... Don't make me laugh... None are better than either sister. Good luck with that.

GAGAlady
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
She was being nice... I mean she isn't even close to winning back to back majors and yet she is making claims she will be winning 13 grand slam titles !!! Jesus is this girl on crack? I'm sorry but her game does not impress me. True she's better than before but ... Her rivals are mostly inferior and the whole tour has gone down a level or two in my opinion ... Maybe not as a whole but certainly amongst the top ten there is no one player that makes me think " wow your a champion" those days are over .... So sad

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
It is her opinion, but I can't see the big difference she speaks of.......Am I missing something?

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Yes, she will be challenged but not defeated.:devil:

DownInAHole
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
She was being nice... I mean she isn't even close to winning back to back majors and yet she is making claims she will be winning 13 grand slam titles !!! Jesus is this girl on crack? I'm sorry but her game does not impress me. True she's better than before but ... Her rivals are mostly inferior and the whole tour has gone down a level or two in my opinion ... Maybe not as a whole but certainly amongst the top ten there is no one player that makes me think " wow your a champion" those days are over .... So sad

I'm not sure how accurate this quote is as there is no link to a source but assuming the quote is correct here is what she said:

Serena has achieved so much (13 Grand Slams) that I'd also like to achieve.

She would like to achieve what Serena has achieved (winning 13 grand slams). She did not say she will win 13 slams. Yeah, she must be on crack, what player would want to win thirteen slams? Next time please read more carefully before jumping to conclusions that are not supported by the facts.

kman
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
She was being nice... I mean she isn't even close to winning back to back majors and yet she is making claims she will be winning 13 grand slam titles !!!
She's not. Don't put words in her mouth douchebag.

barmaid
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM

The younger generation has certainly showed promise against her and will make it tough for her :yeah:

Exactly, not a "young'n" in the bunch...Caro can scream as much as she wants these days:lol:...Clijsters was out with an injury:sad:...Marion Bartoli if she had been fitter would have taken the IW title...there are no impressive young gals (except for Miss Ego Caro):hearts::cool: so stop with the juvenile threats ..they aren't there!:p:rolleyes:

Barmaid:wavey:

Lucemferre
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Why is she talking about Serena as if Serena is dominating the tour?She's been out of the game since wimbledon:tape: Clijsters is the one they need to challenge right now.

kman
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Why is she talking about Serena as if Serena is dominating the tour?She's been out of the game since wimbledon:tape: Clijsters is the one they need to challenge right now.

My guess is she was asked about Serena, bright one.

Lucemferre
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
My guess is she was asked about Serena, bright one.

I mean like Serena is no1 right now.Nobody knows how she will play or come back at all. The player winning the biggest tournaments is clijsters.

sammy01
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
serena will be shitting it, i mean #2 kim, #3 vera, #4 fran, #5 stosur ect ect she was like never facing this young crop of players before she was injured :help:

the young players bar caro aren't even challenging the other top players listed yet, let alone serena.

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
Maybe itīs another misunderstanding, and she was cut off, before she could finish the sentence?

The young generation is deep....ressing.

Apoleb
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Serena will be bored to death. That's for sure.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
This is just a subtle way of Caro inflating the importance of her status. She is trying to make it seem like she is number 1 in the face of formidable opposition.

fawnrc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
The younger players pretty much suck. Caro, is the only decent one and I can't figure out for the life of me why she continues to beat everyone. I know she is a good player, but I am very unimpressed and uninterested when she plays.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
The younger players pretty much suck. Caro, is the only decent one and I can't figure out for the life of me why she continues to beat everyone. I know she is a good player, but I am very unimpressed and uninterested when she plays.
What is there to figure out......you explained the reason in your own post.....

Caro, is the only decent one

BlueTrees
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
The only one who can challenge Serena is Wozniacki..Azarenka and Radwanska? Um, no

Kworb
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:58 PM
I really want to see some more good matches between these two before Serena retires.

Corswandt
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
I really want to see some more good matches between these two before Serena retires.

If Serena returns to competition in condition to challenge top 20 players (which I'm almost certain she won't) you can be sure that Wozniacka will do everything in her power to dodge her.

Viktymise
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Serena hasnt been incredible at the nonmajors. Caro, with 5 straight Tier I's, she is incredible at nonmajors. I dont know if Serena will care if Caro is #1 by 3000 points, as long as she can add to 13 major titles. Caro is still looking for her first. But some people feel that once she wins 1, more are coming

Only the tour's leading shit bags care about the non-slams these days.

Brena
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, they're so deep that you are the dominating #1. :facepalm:

Inger67
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
:lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
If Serena returns to competition in condition to challenge top 20 players (which I'm almost certain she won't) you can be sure that Wozniacka will do everything in her power to dodge her.

Like you I am also very much inclinded to doubt that Serena is going to be able to return at the level she was prior her foot injury of last year. She will be almost 30 years old, an age when it it extremely rare to remain at a level where one is winning Grand Slams and will have had numerous physical issues to overcome.

If however Serena is able to overcome all her physical obstacles and somehow manage to recapture the level she was in during the brief periods she was healthy in 2010, then 1st and foremost, that would be one of the most remarkable sporting comebacks ever, certainly one that would greatly enhance Serena's already outstanding legacy in the sport. However under such circumstances, I don't see any way that Wozniacki would avoid facing Serena, short of not playing the big events Serena chooses to play, and as Wozniacki has never had a reputation or history of avoiding big events or pulling out of such events I don't see any reason to expect that to happen.

If Serena Williams does return to the game at the level she was at during Wimbledon 2010, I would expect her to beat Wozniacki on the occasions they played each other in Grand Slams, outside of Grand Slams, I would be less sure. But I don't see Wozniacki running away from that challenge should this happen.

pov
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
S... Her rivals are mostly inferior and the whole tour has gone down a level or two in my opinion ...
Excellent so if Serena Williams dominates when she returns it won't mean much. Not much to crow about in anyone being able to win over inferior players.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM

That kinda says it all. :shrug:

Oh, and goldenlox you are getting so annoying saying and stating the same things over and over, we get that Karolina is great. :hysteric: Please, just cut the crap!:o

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
That kinda says it all. :shrug:

Oh, and goldenlox you are getting so annoying saying and stating the same things over and over, we get that Karolina is great. :hysteric: Please, just cut the crap!:o

she used to do the same when maria was at top :lol: nothing new

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Only the tour's leading shit bags care about the non-slams these days.

Might as well just close the whole Tour. :rolleyes: .. come to think of it, why even bother with womens tennis at all? Everyone knows every slam won post AO 2008 is in a weak era and means nothing. Womens tennis closed. Next! *Hang on. Why am I on this board*

PS Are you the same person as behind madmax and mabaker? Just asking.

Bingain
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:42 PM

The only way to dodge is to get beaten beforehand, no? That doesn't need much power, no?

Mistress of Evil
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
she used to do the same when maria was at top :lol: nothing new

it's a she :unsure: anyway, from what I have seen she hates on Sharapova hardcore right now :shrug:

Bingain
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
If Serena Williams does return to the game at the level she was at during Wimbledon 2010, I would expect her to beat Wozniacki on the occasions they played each other in Grand Slams, outside of Grand Slams, I would be less sure. But I don't see Wozniacki running away from that challenge should this happen.

Assume Serena is back and return to somehow her level:
a) on grass she'll beat Caro;
b) Everywhere else it depends--in finals and SF, bet on Serena. In R1-4, bet on Caro.

Scenario (b) is what will make it interesting. It means for some time, it is likely the two may meet way before the final stage of events. One can extend this theory to the other "topper" youngsters who used to meet Serena at later stages of events. Therefore for a period, Serena may be more vulnerable than it should be.

But honestly I think Caro, Kim, and the other tennis stars really should hire better script writers.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Serena hasnt been incredible at the nonmajors. Caro, with 5 straight Tier I's, she is incredible at nonmajors. I dont know if Serena will care if Caro is #1 by 3000 points, as long as she can add to 13 major titles. Caro is still looking for her first. But some people feel that once she wins 1, more are coming

Why are you always trying to make Caro look like a GOAT by always stating that she has won 5 Tier I tittles :sobbing::o.

If Caroline doesn't win a slam in her career her name will be forgotten in no time :tape:

new-york
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
It's not really about who's winning now.

It's about the new generation's best tennis which sucks donkey balls compared to what the past generation have showed us.

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
World Rankings 22 years or younger

1. Wozniacki
2. Azarenka
3. Radwanska
4. Kvitova
5. Wickmayer
6. Pavlyuchenkova
7. Cibulkova
8. Kleybanova
9. Dulgheru
10. Goerges
11. Sevastova
12. Makarova
13. Szavay
14. Bacsinszky
15. Jovanovski
16. Morita
17. Marino
18. Kerber
19. Hercog
20. Cornet
21. Halep
22. Rybarikova
23. Oudin
24. Rodina
25. Chang

DEEP.

Brena
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
World Rankings 22 years or younger

1. Wozniacki
2. Azarenka
3. Radwanska
4. Kvitova
5. Wickmayer
6. Pavlyuchenkova
7. Cibulkova
8. Kleybanova
9. Dulgheru
10. Goerges
11. Sevastova
12. Makarova
13. Szavay
14. Bacsinszky
15. Jovanovski
16. Morita
17. Marino
18. Kerber
19. Hercog
20. Cornet
21. Halep
22. Rybarikova
23. Oudin
24. Rodina
25. Chang

DEEP.

:crying2: tennis fans are in deep something, that's for sure...

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
it's a she :unsure: anyway, from what I have seen she hates on Sharapova hardcore right now :shrug:

then wait until caro goes down and someone else is on top...the next blonde person on top she'll flock to and bash caro :tape:

Annie.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Oh Caro! Hush girl!

Corswandt
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
:crying2: tennis fans are in deep something, that's for sure...

I really wonder if such a sudden, dramatic and widespread dip in the quality of young players - and which is certain to go on, and become worse, over the next few years as Generation Wack and Generation Slut seem very likely to follow the precedent set by Generation Suck - has any precedent in any other sport.

serenafan08
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
Serena always has been challenged. Rarely has she been BEATEN. When these girls can prove that they can beat Serena on the big stage, then she'll have an argument. Serena's greatest strength is her MIND - doesn't matter how much or how little she plays, she believes that she can go out there and still win matches. The other girls don't feel that way. Tennis is 80% mental 20% ability.

Apoleb
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
I really wonder if such a sudden, dramatic and widespread dip in the quality of young players - and which is certain to go on, and become worse, over the next few years as Generation Wack and Generation Slut seem very likely to follow the precedent set by Generation Suck - has any precedent in any other sport.

:crying2:These will definitely take off like "Generation Suck".

BTW, does that mean Wozniacki will dominate women's tennis? :speakles:

tkutsaar
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
Oh Caro! Hush girl!

Your solution is?... Caro not do any interviews?...She must not venture an opinion?...She should not say anything?..Should we order those pesky reporters not to ask her any questions?

Corswandt
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
BTW, does that mean Wozniacki will dominate women's tennis? :speakles:

There's still the chance of early burnout due to overplaying, considering her attritional style of play and the Jankovic/Safina precedent. But that's more wishful thinking than anything else at this stage.

Your solution is?... Caro not do any interviews?...She must not venture an opinion?...She should not say anything?..Should we order those pesky reporters not to ask her any questions?

If she's going to say flat out wrong stuff like "The young generation is deep", then she might as well indeed hush.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
then wait until caro goes down and someone else is on top...the next blonde person on top she'll flock to and bash caro :tape:

I can't wait :sobbing:

starin
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Serena always has been challenged. Rarely has she been BEATEN. When these girls can prove that they can beat Serena on the big stage, then she'll have an argument. Serena's greatest strength is her MIND - doesn't matter how much or how little she plays, she believes that she can go out there and still win matches. The other girls don't feel that way. Tennis is 80% mental 20% ability.

i don't think that's true. Serena has a lot of weapons with which to break out of a tight spot with. It looks like her opponents are choking but in reality Serena usually ups her game with some great serving and big shots. I mean in 2006 even notorious choker Hantuchova was able to beat Serena because Serena's game was so poor. Serena will have to be in some kind of form to be able to beat the top players no matter how mentally tough she is. Though at this point I'll just be glad if Serena comes back b4 the year is over.

tonybotz
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Serena>>>>>>Generation Suck and its leader Caro "No Winners" Wozniacki

tea
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Obviously by saying young generation she meant herself. Simply sending Serena a message that things has changed on tour, competition (in her person) got tougher, and coming back on top won't be as easy as her TF fans naively expect.

Stamp Paid
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Serena is not 30 yet.
And she will be fine upon return to the game, as long as her health is cooperating.

tanman
Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
I dont think Caro had any other choice but to say the younger generation is deep because she is a spokes person for the WTA Tour. She cant go and say that the top 10 is going backwards with the Williams sisters, Henin and Dementieva not around that would be shooting the WTA in the foot. The truth is there is not alot of top 10 talent as we have known in the past out there.

Linguae^
Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
Let's see Serena double-bagelling Wozniacka in the US Open 1st round this year, as an unseeded floater :p

edificio
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Woz is right. There are a lot of young players. :) And Serena will be challenged, no doubt. That happens when you are out for almost a year. But I think Serena will make a big push to get a couple more slams before retirement and then Woz can hoover up the slams when Clijsters retires.

If only Pavs had the desire to get into the top ten. :rolleyes:

new-york
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
If only Pavs had the desire to get into the top ten. :rolleyes:

If only there was really someone to if only. :hysteric:

DOUBLEFIST
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
It's hard to blast her for stating the obvious.

When has it not been a challenge for Serena? Her 13 haven't been effortless. She's put in work and faced down better than the likes of Woz'.

Though it is stating the obvious and virtually anyone could have done it, Woz' is barely worthy of the comment - No slams and, what, like one tier 1? Good Lawd! why would anyone listen to anything she's got to say about what it's going to take for a 13 time slam winner, greatest of her generation to do what she needs to do?

The one thing I found amusing and worth the read was that she said she had plenty of offensive weapons. :lol:

GAGAlady
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
She's not. Don't put words in her mouth douchebag.

Caroline is a sweet girl. Hard working and talented pro player, no disrespect to her talents...

I just have a bit of a hard time comparing This generation...and Caroline is the face of it...with Serena and her generation...a group of females with more tennis ability...

thats my opinion...im glad im not the only opinion out there...she is young, she may become this warrior woman, and ill applaud that too...i respect anyone who can prove critics wrong...i personally dont feel shes in the same league...but good fr hr for having conviction. :wavey:

terjw
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
The only thing I'd add to what Caro said is that young or old - the tour has more depth nowadays. We'll see how Serena fares when she returns and whether everyone here is right and she just waltzes through to more slams and winning eveything or whether she does get beaten and finds it tougher than that.

Patrick345
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
The only thing I'd add to what Caro said is that young or old - the tour has more depth nowadays. We'll see how Serena fares when she returns and whether everyone here is right and she just waltzes through to more slams and winning eveything or whether she does get beaten and finds it tougher than that.

Itīs the same Tour it was when Serena left. You make it sound like she is gone three years. The only and likely reason she will not return to dominate is her own age and health, not that the Tour has gotten any better in the last nine months. :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Itīs the same Tour it was when Serena left. You make it sound like she is gone three years. The only and likely reason she will not return to dominate is her own age and health, not that the Tour has gotten any better in the last nine months. :lol:

i was just about to say this :lol:

terjw
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:31 PM

Starting to prepare an excuse for if it doesn't happen as you predict :lol: And no-one is saying it's deeper than when Serena last played. All we are saying is it's deep and that Serena is likely to find it challenging when she returns.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:44 PM
I have a lot of weapons, offensive and defensive - Caro

:oh:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
how is it an excuse...she's been out since wimbledon....DUH she's gonna find it challenging since she's had two surgeries and an health scare :lol: it's not like she went to have a baby :tape:

LightWarrior
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:51 PM
She makes it sound like Serena's been out for five years. What's changed between July 2010 and March 2011? How many more tough younger players do we have challenging at slams/big events? Exactly.

That's harsh but so true ! Right now only Mommy Kim beat you at slams and big events...

50Sense
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:59 PM
Serena is not 30 yet.
And she will be fine upon return to the game, as long as her health is cooperating.

The only part of the article I was able to focus on!! :lol:

rada
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I still hope Jankovic will win won before her :)

Shinjiro
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I have a lot of weapons, offensive and defensive - Caro
I'd like to send in an inspection team (solely composed of me) for further investigation. :devil:

Sp!ffy
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:15 AM
She talks too much..

Hayato
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM
I spent almost the whole time reading the first post thinking it was what Karolina Sprem was saying. I thought it sounded strange! :lol: Caroline.

Paneru
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:38 AM
She talks too much..

She either needs to stop talking about Serena or simply
learn to side step the questions and move on.

BTW, I don't think those glory days are over just yet. ;)

V's a star
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Lol the "young" generation are a bunch of cheap WS imitations and thats one reason why the games is such a mess all the girls have tried to mold their games into the WS play but none of them are close to athletically gifted as either sister so we get all these as i said cheap imitations with much more errors and less winners.

RenaSlam.
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Oh Caro.

Mynarco
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:51 AM
This bitch needs to know her place

AkademiQ
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Starting to prepare an excuse for if it doesn't happen as you predict :lol: And no-one is saying it's deeper than when Serena last played. All we are saying is it's deep and that Serena is likely to find it challenging when she returns.

This script has been written numerous times over the years from active to retired players to writers, to TF posers about Serena. She's overcome each death knell in some way. The hope here is that when Serena does hang it up, it's on her terms. Nothing wrong with that. History is on her side anyways.

harloo
Mar 24th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Serena has been challenged in every generation and overcame some pretty tough battles. The field was much deeper then and even though Serena didn't win every battle she won a lot of important ones.

Caroline needs to stay in her lane. For her to even mention anything related to Serena's status when she hasn't won a slam is ridiculous. Maybe she should worry about being Kim and Vera's bitch instead of what Serena's going to have to do with her game when she comes back.

Everybody knows it's not going to be a smooth ride for Serena. She hasn't played professional competitive tennis in nearly a year. The younger generation is weak as hell, I don't even know what this chick is talking about.:lol:

Nico_E
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:23 AM
the competition is deep.. :spit:

fantic
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:03 AM

Men's basketball, worldwide, since the 80s

Stamp Paid
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The only part of the article I was able to focus on!! :lol:OK!
and they've been writing Serena's eulogy since she was 23. :lol:

Setsuna.
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I hope La Broz is right about "Serena will be challenged" part.

Diesel
Aug 20th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I hope La Broz is right about "Serena will be challenged" part.

Serena is always challenged. She rises above each time.

ElusiveChanteuse
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:00 AM
The young generation is in deep shit. Serena will be considered mentally challenged if she dooesn't slay them all
:oh:

bandabou
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hmmmm...and fastforward to today: caro's barely top 10 and Serena's top 4 with Wimbledon and Olympic gold under her belt. The legend of Serena continues. :worship:

Alejandrawrrr
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:21 AM
A year and a half later, and it looks like Princess Karolina is the one being challenged :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Caroline needs to stay in her lane. For her to even mention anything related to Serena's status when she hasn't won a slam is ridiculous.
We make observations related to Serena's status 24/7 and I don't think many of us have won slams.

NaNaSlam
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Serena has achieved so much (13 Grand Slams) that I'd also like to achieve

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5197/carocat.gif

shoryuken
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:08 AM
noooo not that GIF :crying2:

eck
Aug 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
We make observations related to Serena's status 24/7 and I don't think many of us have won slams.

That's because we're not playing the game :angel:
If we were to go by your opinion, only Steffi should make those observations then.

Marcoo
Aug 20th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Serena isn't that young anymore and the young generation is coming up ;) She achieved what everyone would love to achieve, now its time for other players :D

Chrissie-fan
Aug 20th, 2012, 10:02 AM
That's because we're not playing the game :angel:
If we were to go by your opinion, only Steffi should make those observations then.
It's pretty obvious that I mean the opposite of what you're suggesting, but never mind...;)

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Not by her actually! :tape:

Aaron.
noooo not that GIF :crying2: :hysteric:

Juju Nostalgique

:hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

hotandspicey
Aug 20th, 2012, 11:29 AM

That's just so wrong! :haha: :haha:
However, I think that she'll eventually grab that coveted slam in 2013.

Sammo
Aug 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
She was probably talking about Petra

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/marklwg/Signature/YLb2pa1345223765.gif

Juju Nostalgique
Aug 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Rebecca Black :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

Tenis Srbija
Aug 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM

:sobbing:

Deestruction
Aug 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM

Stop it i cant *DEAD* :happy:

Morrissey
Aug 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Serena isn't that young anymore and the young generation is coming up ;) She achieved what everyone would love to achieve, now its time for other players :D

But when will the other players step up to the plate? I think this is the question.