PDA

View Full Version : Annual Check-Up

alfajeffster
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Just thought I'd pop in here and say hello. I haven't been well again (for most of the past 2 years), however, I'm on the upswing again, and my goal is to get out onto the court some time before the end of the year to test the senior circuit and see how I fare :) The great thing is that I've had loads of time to spend watching tennis on TV these past 2 years, and have seen some really great matches in the process. Well, I've got my rehab (legs girls, it's all about legs) cut out for me, but the motivation is still there, and today I got out and bought a newer car, which is making me very happy. Hope this finds all well. Best Regards, Jeffster.

tennisvideos
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Just thought I'd pop in here and say hello. I haven't been well again (for most of the past 2 years), however, I'm on the upswing again, and my goal is to get out onto the court some time before the end of the year to test the senior circuit and see how I fare :) The great thing is that I've had loads of time to spend watching tennis on TV these past 2 years, and have seen some really great matches in the process. Well, I've got my rehab (legs girls, it's all about legs) cut out for me, but the motivation is still there, and today I got out and bought a newer car, which is making me very happy. Hope this finds all well. Best Regards, Jeffster.

Hi Jeffster. Nice to hear from you again. Keep focussed on the things you love and bring you joy and allow the universe to restore your body to balance. I go to a great naturopath to help me keep my balance. I hope you have someone you can trust to help you out. I am still playing lots of tennis despite suffering some inflammation in some of my joints. I don't think I would ever let anything stop this passion!

Take care and keep in touch :)

Rollo
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:41 PM
It's so wonderful to hear from a friend of long standing. (I refuse to call you "old friend"). Stay focused on the good and positive. Every time you laugh its like tonic to your soul. There have been less laughs here in the forum without you-so anytime you can can visit us drop us a line.

Stay in touch and let me know if you need anything.:bounce:

Rollo
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
There is nothing more beautiful than to watch Evonne Goolagong in full flight moving across a tennis court.

and that's SO true!

alfajeffster
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Well, I'm probably going to break down and join the human race again by purchasing a home computer (first time since Steffi's swan song against Hingis- that's how long it's been!) Since I have all this time, and am starting to get out and about again, I may as well plug in again. I actually forgot the name of this web site and had to search for it yesterday- which wasn't easy. I also still have that travel bug, which I don't think will ever go away, so have a nice vacation fund going for some place warm next winter. I've wanted for decades now to go to Capetown SA, and just might follow the Spring next year. My niece was born in J-Burg in 1979, and nothing would please me more than to take her to the place of her birth, so it will take a year for two- but well worth it. I wonder how much tennis history is left there. My sister (who was killed in a horseback riding accident there) lived in Johannesburg and Capetown during apartheid, so I'm sure much has changed since then. I'll have to ask my sister's former husband about how it was, as their daughter Kerry was just a year old when she came to the USA to grow up as my youngest sister of sorts. I'd love to discover an old grass court with her, even though she doesn't play tennis. It's great to be back. I've missed all of you very much, and look forward to hearing from people I've actually met, among many other "old" friends.

alfajeffster
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Jeffster. Nice to hear from you again. Keep focussed on the things you love and bring you joy and allow the universe to restore your body to balance. I go to a great naturopath to help me keep my balance. I hope you have someone you can trust to help you out. I am still playing lots of tennis despite suffering some inflammation in some of my joints. I don't think I would ever let anything stop this passion!

Not even racquets the size of snowshoes? Has the sport progressed that far yet? I'm still living for the day when Gamma comes out with a new version of spaghetti strings.

gabybackhand
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
As I humbly think you'd expect from me :o, I'm really happy to hear from you again and that, even with the difficult time you've been having, you're on the upswing again. Hope you can make that seemingly incredibly special trip to South Africa, and also get to play some tennis in a few months! I'm hoping the same too as I have put on so much overweight these last two years (around 30 kilos!!!) that I've not been playing tennis and I'm slowly starting again these days, but my "incredible" BH and touch la Sabatini are gone so far :sad:
:wavey:

grafan92
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:05 PM
It's great to hear from you Alfa! :)

Look forward to your posts!

trivfun
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:42 PM

Keep up the work and make sure to stretch or go to the tub.

alfajeffster
Apr 14th, 2011, 05:57 PM
...my "incredible" BH and touch la Sabatini are gone so far :sad:
:wavey:
I can't wait to crack a backhand again. My best shot ever was in doubles about 6 years ago when I was playing against 2 college kids (5.0+ in rating level me thinks). The one 6'2" player cracked a great lefty serve to me in the deuce court, and I managed to block the ball back, but a mid to high volley to come. He punched a short, low volley down the middle of the court, and I ran up to it, crouched as low as I could and nailed a topspin backhand lob right over his partner's head. It was not only not playable, but it scooted away from both speedsters and dropped right inside the baseline and kept moving! The both looked at me in shock, and I can't wait for that kind of chance execution glory again. I remember Steffi Graf hitting the shot once- in the German Open final against Martina Navratilova back in 1985(ish), but haven't seen any women one-handers save Sabatini do it since.