PDA

View Full Version : Who will dominate the 2011 clay season?

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
Personally I'm leaning most towards "Everybody and nobody". Clay season looks very open to me.

Hian
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:13 PM
Schiavone and Stosur, that's their season.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Stosur looked terrible losing to Safina. And Dinara is a good clay clourter.
Fran didnt look that good either. Sveta lost to McHale.
I dont know, but dont be surprised if Wozniacki wins Madrid and Rome

Huntress55
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
She may be slightly sucking atm but I still think its Sam's season. She'll really get some form back once she hits the clay(although it'd be nice if it happened sooner :p).

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM

I wouldn't put too much into Fran and Sam slumping on hc, not yet. They're both best on clay and I expect at least a partial resurgence from them when they hit the dirt.

QuietPlease
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Personally I'm leaning most towards "Everybody and nobody". Clay season looks very open to me.

This.

There's no 'Nadal' on the WTA taking all the big clay court titles.

Caro & Kim have been dominating since Wimbledon winning all "Masters"/Majors. That's a pretty long hard court season btw. I suppose it could be time for some of the others to shine. But those two are still among the faves going into the clay court season.

FORZA SARITA
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:33 PM
it's gonna be a sexa clay season :hearts:

Pasta-Na
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:35 PM
kim/franny/kuzzy/sammy.

Zhao
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Jelena Dokic... Stosur...

tejmeglekvár
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM

please, Dinara barely won 3 matches, still has major flaws in her game, has no serve... just finger crossed.

looks like too many players sucks right now, definitely some of them will find good form.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Oafette is on her way back !!!!!!!!!

Mikey.
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Probably Caro... It isn't her best surface but she has the tools to do well on it.

Svetlana)))
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:32 PM
I think its gonna be another free-for-all

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah, no one's dominating this clay season. WTA could use a really good, solid claycourter or two that can have consistent results... Though if I could choose, Fransexa/Sexlana would dominate :inlove:

Jean-Henri
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Voted Kuznetsova and Ivanovic, but it might be Sam who steps it up instead.

Hope Wozniacki, but she will probably be completely exhausted by the time they hit the European courts.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Nobody :shrug: Some mugs will win most of the tourneys. ;) But Karolina might decide to become clay GOAT and win it all. :cheer:

Shonami Slam
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
dulko and pennetta, clearly.

oh you mean singles?

!VamosRafa!
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
everybody and nobody :angel:

Macomere
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:00 PM
Venus....no seriously, i mean it

Direwolf
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Fran has never dominated the clay.

No Elite names to stop Wozniacki that much.

So.
Wozniacki>Venus>Sam>Jelena>Dinara

klever58
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Cibulkova! :lol:

Just Do It
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling Jelena and Caroline will win biggest lead up tournaments while someone completely random will win RG.

M.A.S.L.
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
I don´t know schedule, but I bet:
Stuttgart---------zvonareva
Madrid -----------Bartoli or Caro
Roma--------------Jelena J or MJM
Roland------------zvonareva

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Kim is the only one who has gotten no votes!? :scratch:

slydevil6142
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Kim is the only one who has gotten no votes!? :scratch:

Which is Cra Cra.... I think people confuses the fact that Kim (for some reason) hates clay with she doesnt play well on it. Kim ALWAYS has had great results on the dirt but she maynot play enough tournments to truly dominate it. I actually think the French open is between Kim and Vera for the taking... maybe Venus can get inspired and win heck if Fran can win there theres no reason she cant :lol:

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Jankovic is probably on the same level on clay as she is on HC, I voted her. Depends on her form though.

DS.Fan.
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
I think it's Caro!Hope my favorite players will play better in clay season

Dodoboy.
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Caro!

Hardcourt season is so so long, seems like forever she's been dominating.

justineheninfan
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
No women has dominated any clay season since Henin first retired 3 years ago, so why would it change this year. It is a shame Henin isnt still active and at 50% of her former best, since even at that level she would win every clay court event without losing a set against the current joke crop of a clay court field.

J4m3ka
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM
No women will dominate, I'm guessing there will be a different random winner for each event, including RG - hopefully Schiavone can grasp the big one. Disappointingly I believe the FO trophy is next on the list to be tainted :( - in fact it has been tainted in 08 and 09 so it is quite used to it now. Lets hope the great wall of Denmark or Shrek's wife are not victorious on the precious grass lawns in London :(

DownInAHole
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
I don´t know schedule, but I bet:
Stuttgart---------zvonareva
Madrid -----------Bartoli or Caro
Roma--------------Jelena J or MJM
Roland------------zvonareva

Which is Cra Cra.... I think people confuses the fact that Kim (for some reason) hates clay with she doesnt play well on it. Kim ALWAYS has had great results on the dirt but she maynot play enough tournments to truly dominate it. I actually think the French open is between Kim and Vera for the taking... maybe Venus can get inspired and win heck if Fran can win there theres no reason she cant :lol:

I would be curious to know why you two believe Vera will do well at Roland Garros. Traditionally, she hasn't had great results on red clay. Other than a quarterfinal appearance in 2003 she has been eliminated at the French Open in the fourth round or earlier. Her best result at Rome was the semis but that was 2004/2005, since then she has had fairly poor results there. She also hasn't had great results at Berlin or Madrid. She has won some small titles on clay but nothing that would indicate she is a favourite to win Roland Garros.

Brena
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
JJ of course. What a silly question. :rolleyes:

propi
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
I really hope it's Jelena all the way with stellar performances from Pepa and Carla :cheer:

Chakvenus
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
I expect Jelena to do quite well again.

But there really are just two things I hope to happen -

1) Alize to find some of the golden form that gave her that glorious clay season back in 2008 and implement it again this time! A second Rome final...but this time leaving victorious :hearts: (probably won't happen, but I just want her to do well)
2) Patty to have one last great tournament - Charleston, Madrid, RG - any of them, it doesn't matter. I truly think that this season is going to be her last, and I just hope that she can motivate herself enough to go out with a bang...I don't think anyone would mind if she pulled an out-of-the-blue, Schiavone-esque RG victory... :lol:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:03 PM
caro^^

JJ Expres
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:18 PM
jj and it's not even close :shrug:

justineheninfan
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:20 PM
No women will dominate, I'm guessing there will be a different random winner for each event, including RG - hopefully Schiavone can grasp the big one. Disappointingly I believe the FO trophy is next on the list to be tainted :( - in fact it has been tainted in 08 and 09 so it is quite used to it now. Lets hope the great wall of Denmark or Shrek's wife are not victorious on the precious grass lawns in London :(

LOL at Shreks wife. That is a good one.

I dont know who to root to win Wimbledon if Serena is out and Venus is either out/ineffective. I wouldnt mind seeing someone who atleast has some all court flair and volleying skills like Schiavone or Zvonareva winning in that case, if I had to choose, or maybe Sharapova winning again, or Li Na if she reproduces the flat hitting of the early hard court swing onto the faster slicker grass. Really it comes down to picking the better of the unworthies in that case.

slydevil6142
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
I would be curious to know why you two believe Vera will do well at Roland Garros. Traditionally, she hasn't had great results on red clay. Other than a quarterfinal appearance in 2003 she has been eliminated at the French Open in the fourth round or earlier. Her best result at Rome was the semis but that was 2004/2005, since then she has had fairly poor results there. She also hasn't had great results at Berlin or Madrid. She has won some small titles on clay but nothing that would indicate she is a favourite to win Roland Garros.

I understand what you are saying about Vera but alot of her poor results on clay have been more about her health than her actual ability to play. I have always felt that Vera's best surface is clay and with her improved play in general I think she has a REALLY great shot to win. In fact I thought she was going to win it a few years ago before she spranked her ankle and was out for months thereafter.

justineheninfan
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
If Vera plays consistent, either doesnt have the inevitable off day or is able to fight through it, and doesnt choke in the semis or final, she definitely can win Roland Garros. I actually think clay should probably be her best surface. I wont get my hopes up too much though, since I am sick of watching her blow it completely in big matches. I dont care if she loses, but I want to see her actually play atleast in those matches.

Cp6uja
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
Roland Garros 2006 finalist and 2009 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova and 2007 finalist and 2008 champion Ana Ivanovic deserve separate options on poll like this! Currently on tour there is only 4 active RG Champions (3 without Serena) and only 4 multiple RG finalists, so Ana and Sveta deserve some respect for theirs French Open and Claycourt achievements from past (they are so far #2 and #3 best WTA XXI century claycourters).

Tezuka.
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Jankovic & Ivanovic Hopefully. Novak will inspire both of them to do well this season.

Tezuka.
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:40 PM
I feel that Jankovic will win RG this year. I hope she prove me right.

TheHangover
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:45 PM
i'm pretty sure schiavone will win rome and madrid and daniela sonawa wil win rg beating schiavone in the semi and a resurgent serena williams in the final 0-6 7-6 11-9 with a drop volley on the final point

Tezuka.
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:47 PM

:lol:

TheHangover
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:52 PM
hopefully not ajde

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:56 PM
Roland Garros 2006 finalist and 2009 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova and 2007 finalist and 2008 champion Ana Ivanovic deserve separate options on poll like this! Currently on tour there is only 4 active RG Champions (3 without Serena) and only 4 multiple RG finalists, so Ana and Sveta deserve some respect for theirs French Open and Claycourt achievements from past (they are so far #2 and #3 best WTA XXI century claycourters).

I wouldn't have minded giving them separate options but then I'd have to cancel another option to not go above 10. I thought herding Kuznetsova/Ivanovic (and Rezai/Sanchez) together was the best option under the circumstances.

Cp6uja
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't have minded giving them separate options but then I'd have to cancel another option to not go above 10. I thought herding Kuznetsova/Ivanovic (and Rezai/Sanchez) together was the best option under the circumstances.Sveta or Ana are more accomplished claycourters than any other options from this poll. You put their chances for very good 2011 claycourt season in same level with Rezai (RG best - R4) and MJMS (RG best - R3) which is simple ridiculous.

MaBaker
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:15 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/mcyr0h.jpg

TheHangover
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
Sveta or Ana are more accomplished claycourters than any other options from this poll. You put their chances for very good 2011 claycourt season in same level with Rezai (RG best - R4) and MJMS (RG best - R3) which is simple ridiculous.

no please let ivanovic in her oblivion no more ajdes and fist pumping and squeaking and repeating the ball toss and cleaning the line with the foot,etc... and people says that bartoli is schizophrenic

TheHangover
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/mcyr0h.jpg

:worship:

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Sveta or Ana are more accomplished claycourters than any other options from this poll. You put their chances for very good 2011 claycourt season in same level with Rezai (RG best - R4) and MJMS (RG best - R3) which is simple ridiculous.

This poll isn't just about RG but the whole clay season. And unlike Rezai/Sanchez we didn't see much from Kuznetsova/Ivanovic last clay season. Kuznetsova won all of 3 matches and the only clay tournament where Ivanovic got past R2 (Rome) she lost to Sanchez.
I don't think Ana or Sveta warrant more than an outsider chance at the moment but I won't mind being proven wrong. They could both need some successes.

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Everything Caroline does well should work on clay.
Mental toughness, consistency, stamina, serve return, movement.
I want to see this clay season. I want to see if Dinara can be a force, I want to see what Vera can do. And Caroline also.
Add Kim, Sveta, Jelena, Sam, Fran.. should be very competitive.

Tezuka.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Everything Caroline does well should work on clay.
Mental toughness, consistency, stamina, serve return, movement.
I want to see this clay season. I want to see if Dinara can be a force, I want to see what Vera can do. And Caroline also.
Add Kim, Sveta, Jelena, Sam, Fran.. should be very competitive.

Writting Ana off already?! So you think she will do nothing impressive on clay this season. Let's wait and see then.

M.A.S.L.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM

If you could know why I think Vera will win RG once at least, You would laugh out loud till the end of times.

Richie's
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Lady JJ

Andrew Laeddis
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Probably Caro... It isn't her best surface but she has the tools to do well on it.

This. I'd love for Kim to win the French though.

doooma6816
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Probably Sam, Fran, Caro...
But I'd like to see Jelena winning FO this year...I hope she won't lose to BabyAnci again due to her brain.

RenaSlam.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Ajde Ana Ajde

Patrick345
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
If Wozniacki meets Schiavone she is dead.
If Schiavone meets Zvonareva she is dead.
If Zvonareva meets Stosur she is dead.
If Jankovic meets Ivanovic she is dead.
If Azarenka meets Snickers she is dead.

So much at the French Open will depend on match-ups. There are at least 10 players capable of winning the French Open, when the pieces fall into place.

Break My Rapture
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM

So much at the French Open will depend on match-ups. There are at least 10 players capable of winning the French Open, when the pieces fall into place.
:spit:

Shinjiro
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM

Hopefully they all meet each others and my new favourite brunette will be the last woman standing. :worship:

tea
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
It's as simple as 2+2. If anyone can dominate the sport of tennis these days it's Caroline. I'm not saying she will during the clay, but she's the only one capable of such thing as domination. [/thread]:wavey:

brodle1
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
It's as simple as 2+2. If anyone can dominate the sport of tennis these days it's Caroline. I'm not saying she will during the clay, but she's the only one capable of such thing as domination. [/thread]:wavey:

I don't agree - right now (of course depending on Kim's shoulder injury), if the injury is a minor one and she's back on track, I think the tour is Kim's for the taking. She's proven that when she's interested - she wins (a trait that seems to be serena-esque unfortunately). While I think it is likely that Caroline WILL dominate the tour, I don't think that's because she is the only one capable of it, and I'm guessing that while Kim is likely to continue on the only try to play it out when I care about winning path, if and when Serena returns she's going to be awfully hungry.

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hopefully they all meet each others and my new favourite brunette will be the last woman standing. :worship:

Sorry, sir. Nobody beats Snickers. Repeat after me. Nobody beats Snickers. Sad but true.

Markobojo
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Everybody and nobody (unfortunately) definitely... But, good luck to Jelena, Ana, Caroline, Kim...

edificio
Mar 24th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Can't tell really. Everyone except Woz is having their troubles.

aisha
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I'm hoping it will be Sveta.
She should be the best clay court player, imo.

I realize this is like the devil asking for rain. :sobbing:

Bonfire
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I voted Woz...duh!;)

claypova
Mar 24th, 2011, 06:41 AM
obviously claypova :wavey:

QuietPlease
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Safina is winning matches again. If finding her old form she could do well on clay.
She went 20-2 on clay in 2009, both losses came to Sveta.

C. W. Fields
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Bump (poll closes tomorrow).

Miracle Worker
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Where is GOAT and FO 2011 Champion Alexandra Dulgheru ?

C. W. Fields
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM

She is "Someone not on the list".

BepaMaria
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Zvonareva

Curcubeu
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:05 AM

Please not jinxing... :hysteric:

claypova
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM
Zvonareva

oh, you're still posting?

Lapaco
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
obviously nobody.

DragonFlame
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
definitely nobody

Lachy
Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
It's incredibly concerning for me. Kim sucks on clay and I beg and pray that someone other than Ivanovic, Wozniacki or Azarenka wins the FO...don't care who. That doesn't leave many options though :tape: In fact, I'm so screwed :hysteric:

Onjanae.
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
Kuznetsova.

debby
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
In 2009, I was predictions GOAT for clay season :hysteric: predicted Kuznetsova winning both Stuttgart and RG, and Soderling upsetting GOATdal.

But now :confused: I have NO idea. Let's take a task, and I would say erm.... Jankovic and Azarenka. I will be wrong but who knows lol

Break My Rapture
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
No one. The clay season has been open for years and that's not stopping now either.

Beny
Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
It's strange because everybody is playing pretty bad now. My vote goes to everybody and nobody..more like-nobody.

Wozniacki is the most probable 'dominator' of the upcoming clay season. Her consistency is good on every surface. She doesnt make many mistakes and plays with top spin. She is good on clay.
Zvonareva was never exceptional on red clay. She might reach some semifinals.
Im sure Kim will lose early at at least one of pre-RG tournaments. I dont think she will win one/not sure if she plays any. But she will go deep at RG (if she plays :o )
Schiavone is hard to predict, she was always good on clay but never had the results. She can win a big tourney and still lose first round RG.
Sam is playing way worse than last year. She´d better find her BH,ROS and movement.
Azarenka shall be good on clay.
Jankovic will do well because she almost seems to be back, but her Petkovic loss showed how vulnerable and passive she can be. Hope she doesnt win RG playing like that.
Ana will be messy :o
I have no clue about WS.
There is literally no-one that could dominate this year. Kvitova? Na Li? Kuznetsova?

Lapaco
Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
i don't get why this htread was opened. nobody dominates anything, let alone on clay :lol:

MB.
Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Schiavone and Stosur, that's their season.

Is this still 2010?

kim/franny/kuzzy/sammy.

Is it 2009?

jj and it's not even close :shrug:
Jankovic & Ivanovic Hopefully.

Is it 2008?

Frankly, I think it's obvious that some useless mug like Brie Whitehead or Caroline Wozniacki are destined to dominate this year :shrugs:

Linguae^
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
Serbian girls. ;)

Craig.
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Claypova.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
Claypova.

+1 :sobbing:

aka Cow on Ice :rocker2:

Sp!ffy
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
It's incredibly concerning for me. Kim sucks on clay and I beg and pray that someone other than Ivanovic, Wozniacki or Azarenka wins the FO...don't care who. That doesn't leave many options though :tape: In fact, I'm so screwed :hysteric:

:happy: Vicky could win every match until RG and would still bomb out in the 4th round, so dont worry.

Miracle Worker
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Jankovic and Safina with form from previous years would be able to dominate clay season.

But Jankovic sucks, and Safina is just after injury....

AcesHigh
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Well Stosur should do well. If Fran is healthy, i can see her making a run at the French again. Jankovic and Kuzy usually do well on clay.

Other than that... really expect a few surprise winners.

rnwerner
Apr 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
It will be crazy:

i can see problems for zvonareva, clijsters, wozniacki, bartoli and petkovic...
they will lose early in 2 of the 3 biggest clay court tournaments...

Safina, Sharapova and Ivanovic will be play good but the word "good" is "good for 2011". None of them will reach the FO final.

Schiavone and Kuzy will play up and down level tennis, but i can see one of them win the FO if they realize that they can win it again. (they will have tough early rounds and only if they get to their peak it will be interesting)

Stosur: You never know.

Jankovic: She will play ok but she won't win a big tournament.

Azarenka: She can be very dangerous. The first set against Safina (at French Open 2009) was one of the best sets i ever saw from a female player.
She is ready to win a grandslam and she is not bad on clay but she will handle one or two pushers to reach the final and it won't be easy...

Dulgheru: Extremely dangerous. She can win a big tournament (bigger than warshaw)

Schnyder: You never know. In 2010, she lost only to elite players on clay (2x wozniacki, 2x venus, stosur) - with more luck (concering the draw) she can do very well

Cirstea, Razzano, Cibulkova: They were all at least in the 4th round at the frech open in the last two years, but i can't see one of them in the semis of a big tournament.

Pavl., Klebs, Kvitova: Clay is their worst surface.

Medina Garr., Martinez Sanchez, Halep, Sevastova: Ready for an upset and ready for a surprise.

There is no clay court specialist in top form, so the clay court season is very open like last year.

Potato
Apr 3rd, 2011, 11:54 PM
None of the good clay courters are in good form (JJ, Ana, Kuz, Safina, Sam, Fran) and the players that are at the best form were never good on clay at the first place.

VeeJJ
Apr 4th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Jelena!!! Rise from the ashes girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OneSlamWonder
Apr 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM
JJ time!

Well to be honest, RG seems really open and she is getting older... Really looking at her last chances... Maybe Mauresmo syndrome ;)

KBlade
Apr 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Schiavone won't be a dominant force? I mean, sure, she has a Roland Garros title, but I think on the the high bouncing dirt, she's going to be susceptible to being over-powered by some of the taller girls.

Stern
Apr 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Caro will dominate the warming-up events, but Clijsters will win Roland Garros

Daniel
Apr 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Caro, Kim, Vera and Azarenka

C. W. Fields
Apr 4th, 2011, 06:42 PM
The poll is closed now the clay season has begun.
187 votes were cast. The winner is "Everybody and nobody" with 59 votes, twice as many as #2, Caro.
The belief is the clay season will be as open as last year where no player was able to win 2 Premier tournaments (and above) on clay.

C. W. Fields
May 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
The poll is closed now the clay season has begun.
187 votes were cast. The winner is "Everybody and nobody" with 59 votes, twice as many as #2, Caro.
The belief is the clay season will be as open as last year where no player was able to win 2 Premier tournaments (and above) on clay.

"Everybody and nobody" is pretty accurate so far. No player has won 2 clay tournaments yet, even including Internationals. Vika had the chance today (and Caro in Stuttgart) but no.

C. W. Fields
May 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM
"Everybody and nobody" continue to dominate. Tomorrow we'll have another new winner. :)

madmax
May 14th, 2011, 09:30 PM
"Everybody and nobody" continue to dominate. Tomorrow we'll have another new winner. :)

it's kinda funny when fans of irrelevant hacks start calling superior players a "nobodies".

GoofyDuck
May 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Had someone said after Caro's IW title that before RG she was gonna lose to Petkovic, Goerges twice and Sharapova..

who would of had believed that :lol:

VeeJJ
May 14th, 2011, 09:44 PM
WHo would have believed the Empress was gonna suck on Clay and Pova would be in the Rome Final. Gotta love clay I guess.

MB.
May 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
it's kinda funny when fans of irrelevant hacks start calling superior players a "nobodies".

Wolrd #1 player is by definition relevant. And Caroline is definitely more relevant than Sam Stosur.

But Masha and Sam are finally hitting some good form, so hopefully they'll be able to hold it through RG.

Stonerpova
May 14th, 2011, 11:44 PM
:happy: @ the three optimists who voted for Rezai and Martinez Sanchez