Olórin
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
another goldenfail :oh:

:haha::haha:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Make it a poll. ;)

Wozniacki is the favorite, imo.

I'd like to see JJ, Ana, Maria and NaNa go deep, though.

Ferg
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know do they use the new rankings tomorrow when sorting out the seeds?

Rest up for 4-5 days Marion and give it a lash. Faster court will be better.

goldenlox
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Make it a poll. ;)

Wozniacki is the favorite, imo.

I'd like to see JJ, Ana, Maria and NaNa go deep, though.I was making it a poll. It takes a few seconds. Dont want to offend any fanbase

QuietPlease
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I would like to see the draw first, but anyway, I voted Caroline. Sooo hard to beat!

Uranus
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Guess Kim won't be committed enough, thus Karolina should be a safe bet.

CR3WLFC
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
how much faster is the Miami court compared to IW :confused:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I voted for them all.

Just because I could.

Temperenka
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I voted for them all.

Just because I could.

As did I. :o

:oh:

goldenlox
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I voted for them all.

Just because I could.It doesnt affect the poll any. Its the same as not voting.

Smitten
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
how much faster is the Miami court compared to IW :confused:

It's not. The humidity and heavier conditions in Miami are less quick than dry desert air in California.

duhcity
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:53 PM
No draw, wrong poll

Too good :bowdown:

And Miami is faster than IW I thought. At least the court is. Could you imagine IW in Miami weather :lol:

DownInAHole
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I voted for Caroline but I do worry that she may be a bit tired. Zvonareva should be well rested and with Kim questionable due to her shoulder I think Vera has a great chance.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
As did I. :o

:hi5:

cellophane
Kim is going to win this one if she is healthy enough... she cares about Miami

goat
I wish I could say one of my favourites... but they're playing so bad at the moment :sobbing:

goldenlox
No draw, wrong poll

And Miami is faster than IW I thought. At least the court is. Could you imagine IW in Miami weather :lol:Draw is tomorrow. You know Kim and Caro are on opposite sides, and Kim's shoulder is a ?
I'll put up the full draw as soon as I see it

Mistress of Evil
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Karolina The Great :bowdown:

Smitten
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
No draw, wrong poll

And Miami is faster than IW I thought. At least the court is. Could you imagine IW in Miami weather :lol:

Indian Wells has a higher rebound than Miami.

Blu€
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Sharapova :hearts:

Beny
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I voted for Schiavone just because women´s tennis is too unpredictable. :D :o

You can really predict after seeing the first three rounds. You never know with them.

duhcity
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Indian Wells has a higher rebound than Miami.

I've heard that IW has been described as "blue clay", tempered by the dry air making it a bit more bearable. So I've always thought of it as a slower, less pace-friendly HC.

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Definitely a qualifier.

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Pushniacki:o

cn ireland
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Wozniacki to win another big title;)!!

SwingVolley93
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
I voted Zvonareva to win because Caro can;t possibly win this one right???:unsure: What if either Azarenka or Aga won??? This whole board would go crazyyyy.:bounce:

Linguae^
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:53 AM
Erm, Wozniacki? :unsure:

Sp!ffy
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:54 AM
What if either Azarenka or Aga won??? This whole board would go crazyyyy.:bounce:

No it wouldn't...

doooma6816
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:46 AM
Caro probably. Vera has great chances IMO too. Kim is the favourite if her shoulder is all right.

I'd like to see JJ and Maria go deep.

backhandsmash
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:51 AM
Zvonareva will be the winner, I think. As much as I'd like 2 in a row for Woz, I don't think it will happen.

AnomyBC
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:47 AM
I love that this is multiple choice. Now we can all hedge our bets and claim to have been right no matter what happens :)

AnomyBC
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
I voted Zvonareva to win because Caro can;t possibly win this one right???:unsure: What if either Azarenka or Aga won??? This whole board would go crazyyyy.:bounce:

They would only go crazy if Aga won :)

Bonfire
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:55 AM
I want Caro to win Miami!!!:rocker::banana:

Shadowcat
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:51 AM

I would love to see Vika win especially after her injuries and retirement lately. She really needs to step it up and get plenty of rest if she wants to stay in the top 10. But I think Zvonareva will win this one. Just don't think Wozniacki will win this one back to back. But anything can happen this days. Even the one you least expected to win, can be the one who ends up holding the trophy. :)

SwingVolley93
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM
They would only go crazy if Aga won :)

That'd be the day!:lol:

Yilongru
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:10 AM
Vera

tennisforadults
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
Come on Sam, time to make a revival.

Smitten
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
Come on Sam, time to make a revival.

:haha: She'll be lucky to make the QF. Get real.

Direwolf
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:44 AM
It doesnt affect the poll any. Its the same as not voting.

Players like Bartoli and Radwanska could actually get votes.

Jean-Henri
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
I've heard that IW has been described as "blue clay", tempered by the dry air making it a bit more bearable. So I've always thought of it as a slower, less pace-friendly HC.

IW and Miami courts are both the relatively slow Plexicushion type.
But IW uses a special formula, Plexipave IW, as its upper surface coat on top of the Plexicushion. IW Plexipave is relatively (not considering temperature, humid etc.) slower than Miami, where the courts are Laykold Cushion-Plus.

But bottomline, they are both relatively slower than Decoturf and other fast HC types.
I've read somewhere that AO's Plexicushion Prestige HC is also significantly faster than both IW and Miami.

madmax
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
funny how it took just one tournament for Maria to once again appear in the WWW polls:devil:

HolgerDanske
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
I hope Caroline Wozniacki would win Miami :-) then it would be her 4 final in a row thats pretty good in my book :-)

DS.Fan.
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
caro,I cant see who can beat her at the moment.maybe Vera,but they have to meet:)

gc-spurs
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Auto-click Shazza

Huntress55
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Id love to say Sam, but I just cant atm. Happy for her to prove me wrong of course ;)

I think Caro could actually win this too. Kim is always a chance, or Id love to see Maria win.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
caro will take the title :)

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Caro :yawn:

Shivank17
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Auto-click Shazza

+1.
Go Shazza! :bounce:
hope Bepa beats Pushniacki. :tape:

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
They should be doing the draw now. I want Marion & Maria to play.
Compare outfits.

Kfish_WTA (http://twitter.com/Kfish_WTA)

Top seed @SEOpen (http://twitter.com/SEOpen) @CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki) will face winner of @BMATTEK (http://twitter.com/BMATTEK) v @Sofia_Arvidsson (http://twitter.com/Sofia_Arvidsson) #seo2011 (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23seo2011)

@WTA (http://twitter.com/WTA)draw @SEOpen (http://twitter.com/SEOpen) - stosur will play winner of Cirstea v. Zheng

Maria Sharapova will face winner of Barrois v Martic

Safina will face qualifier in 1r @SEOpen (http://twitter.com/SEOpen) - winner will face @verazvonareva (http://twitter.com/verazvonareva)

Ivanovic will face winner of Date Krumm v Ondraskova - Same qtr as Kanepi (same section) and Clijsters

!VamosRafa!
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Wozniacki

Matt01
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Sharapova 2nd :haha:

Smitten
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I've read somewhere that AO's Plexicushion Prestige HC is also significantly faster than both IW and Miami.

I believe it. For me, Plexicushion is the medium between IW/Miami/Canada and the DecoTurf of the USO Series.

Pasta-Na
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM
na or kim. :p

Fantasy Hero
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Flavia's ability to draw her owners is the greatest on WTA :o

backhandsmash
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Safina to meet Zvonareva in the 2nd round. Girl can't catch a break.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
Vera has it tough. Safina, Groth, Bartoli. That's Vera's 1st 3 matches

silverwhite
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:00 PM
funny how it took just one tournament for Maria to once again appear in the WWW polls:devil:

Alongside Bartoli :shrug:

A-Bond
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
The draw sucks, many similarities to IW, especially Wickmayer and Peer :o Sucks too that Agnes will play Nastya if she wins her first match :(

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
There are some good sections. Jankovic should be more rested. Her match with Wozniacki could be good.
Kim is a huge ? that determines the bottom quarter.
Vera-Marion should be a good match, if Bartoli beats Kleybanova. Errani-Shvedova/Groth is a good section.
There's a lot of good matches.

missvarsha
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:11 PM
The Saintress will bash her way to another hard court title.

Vee Williams
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Caro vs. Jelena might be an interesting match.
Sharapova has another soft draw (with Petrova and Stosur), but a potential match against Kuznetsova or Li can be a somewhat good indicator of her form.
Zvonareva has a tough quarter, with opponents like Bartoli / Kleybanova and Radwanska / Schiavone, and even maybe Safina in R2.
Azarenka and Clijsters are both carrying injuries, so there might be upsets in this part of the draw, with Kvitova / Pavluychenkova looking to bring back previous good form.

jjcrew#1
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Go JJ :hearts:

BartoLiNa
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM
Heart: Marion, Li
Head: Wozniacki, Zvonareva (Clijsters if she's healthy)

Linguae^
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Everything but Zvonareva :o
Jelena and/or Ana, but I want Jelena :kiss:

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Vera has it tough. Safina, Groth, Bartoli. That's Vera's 1st 3 matches

Even tougher if Bartoli loses her hold on Kleybanova. AK beat Vera last two times.

Stevecw
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hard to look past Caro really! Rather she didn't win..but can't see who will stop her.

lazymusicbox
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:29 PM
If Clijsters' shoulder is a-okay, then Clijsters. If Zvonareva can battle past Kleybanova and is playing her a-game, then Zvonareva. If Wozniacki comes out with all guns-a-blazin' (but then again, she doesn't neccessarily have a "gun" :-P), then Wozniacki has a good chance...Too many variables!! Just wondering, say Wozniacki wins Miami, won't she be the first woman to win Indian Wells and Miami consecutively? That would be pretty epic (except for all the Caro haters)!

C. W. Fields
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
Just wondering, say Wozniacki wins Miami, won't she be the first woman to win Indian Wells and Miami consecutively? That would be pretty epic (except for all the Caro haters)!

Kim did it in 2005.
Graf in 1994 and 96.

Vikapower
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:57 PM
Vika/Maria/Petra.

TennisFan66
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:01 AM
Caro and Kim joint faves. That would also be the dream final. Fingers crossed.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
After seeing the draw, I still think Caro will win.

SwingVolley93
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
Tennis gods, please do not let Caro win Miami. Plleeaseeeee :)

Sammo
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
What the f...? Others: Stosur, Ivanovic....???

lazymusicbox
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Kim did it in 2005.
Graf in 1994 and 96.

Ah, okay, thanks. Well, if Caro did win, she'd be the first to win both as Premier Mandatories. Because wasn't it until just recently that Miami is now a Premier Mandatory? Dunno...But go Caro! :cheer:

PMBH
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:20 AM
na or kim. :p

Get real. Li Na is only a contender in January when all the rest of the players still haven't come out of their winter hibernation.

SELVEN
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:50 AM
Kim/Ana :hi5:

guapogreg08
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Ah, okay, thanks. Well, if Caro did win, she'd be the first to win both as Premier Mandatories. Because wasn't it until just recently that Miami is now a Premier Mandatory? Dunno...But go Caro! :cheer:

why would this bear any sort of significance at all?

Sp!ffy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM
why would this bear any sort of significance at all?

Caro fans are trying to overcompensate for the fact that she has no grand slams.

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Caro fans are trying to overcompensate for the fact that she has no grand slams.

I'm a Caro fan and I haven't pick her to win Miami.

You have failed.

But you can add "Some" in front of your remark to stay away from doling out foolish generalization.

Sp!ffy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
You have failed.

:happy::happy:
Hahah...Woz fans these days.

PMBH
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM
:happy::happy:
Hahah...Woz fans these days.

Hmm, seems to me that the shoe is on the other foot. Wozniacki is at this moment unquestionably the best player in the world. A fact supported by her superior lead in the world rankings and her constantly growing series of tournament wins.

Whether or not Clijsters or Serena can regain the throne remains to be seen. Personally, I think Serena is done and won't come back to dominate because of all her injuries. Clijsters is another matter. But she has to prove that she's still able to play a full season at the top level, and she stands no better chance than Caro of winning the remaining slams of the year. She's never been particularly impressive on grass and clay, and Caro's constantly catching up on her on hardcourt, which makes the US Open a toss-up between the two.

gc-spurs
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Hmm, seems to me that the shoe is on the other foot. Wozniacki is at this moment unquestionably the best player in the world. A fact supported by her superior lead in the world rankings and her constantly growing series of tournament wins.

Whether or not Clijsters or Serena can regain the throne remains to be seen. Personally, I think Serena is done and won't come back to dominate because of all her injuries. Clijsters is another matter. But she has to prove that she's still able to play a full season at the top level, and she stands no better chance than Caro of winning the remaining slams of the year. She's never been particularly impressive on grass and clay, and Caro's constantly catching up on her on hardcourt, which makes the US Open a toss-up between the two.

The Spurs vs the Lakers are a toss up. 3 time winner vs Caro is not.
The USO is more legitimately a tosser between Serena (who can beat most of the WTA in a slam with one leg) and Kimberly. Course can't really comment on projected form for a tournament half a year away.

madmax
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:52 AM

it seems to me like Wozniacki fans heads are becoming too big for their own good...somehow they forget that their darling still takes all the breaks with injured and sick players in these Premier events, while other players don't have such luxury. And bragging about "unquestionably best" is silly and downright arrogant, seeing as how the most important events are won by another player, who just happens to toy with their fave everytime she meets her. A little of humble pie would do wonders and create less haters after such statements.

Tezuka.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
Jankovic. Ajde is not in her half.:rocker2:

Talula
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Caroline.

nevetssllim
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
I'm hoping Jelena can piece together a good run here.

Jesusapprentice
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
it seems to me like Wozniacki fans heads are becoming too big for their own good...somehow they forget that their darling still takes all the breaks with injured and sick players in these Premier events, while other players don't have such luxury. And bragging about "unquestionably best" is silly and downright arrogant, seeing as how the most important events are won by another player, who just happens to toy with their fave everytime she meets her. A little of humble pie would do wonders and create less haters after such statements.

I’m sorry, but where do Maria fans get off criticizing Caroline? When was the last time Maria won anything big or made a grand slam semifinal? Three years ago, I think. Pretty disgusting statistics for a multiple GS champ. Why don’t you go will some of your fan power to Sharapova so she can get to another grand slam quarterfinal for once? Because right know, she's much more liked for her endorsements and her fashion. And in the meantime, don’t bother picking fingers at players who are actually winning something

Beat
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
i think jankovic has quite a nice draw, actually. i'd love to see her compete on the highest level again.

is clijsters playing for sure?

it seems to me like Wozniacki fans heads are becoming too big for their own good...somehow they forget that their darling still takes all the breaks with injured and sick players in these Premier events, while other players don't have such luxury.

why not? they take part in the very same events, don't they?

C. W. Fields
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Caro fans are accused of being arrogant and I agree some of them are. I have put some of Caro's most over-the-top 'fans' on ignore just like I have done with some of her harshest detractors. I know it's hard to keep the different kinds of Caro fans separated in your mind just like the different anti-Caro groups tend to blend together in my mind. But still, please try to remember we're not all the same.
As for my personal view of Caro I think she's making great strides forwards but she's not GOAT status yet. Her game still has a lot of growing to do and she a lot of winning left to do. But with other top players more or less sidelined with injuries Caro is probably the strongest, active (healthy) player on tour right this moment and therefore the biggest favorite to win Miami.
That doesn't lead me to assume Miami will be just a walk in the park for her. Possible opponents like Jankovic (QF), Stosur/Li Na (SF) or Zvonareva (F) all have a chance to beat her under the right/wrong circumstances. But of course I hope my girl will win and I'll be here to cheer her on, hopefully in a way not percieved as arrogant. :)

KBlade
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
Regretfully I'm gonna have to go with Wozniacki. I don't even like her, but I seriously can't imagine anyone beating her at the moment, unless she comes up against Clijsters, who still has big question marks looming over her in regards to that shoulder pinch.

Jesusapprentice
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
You're skipping my point. Caroline deserved to be ranked World No. 1 because she has been the most consistent player on the tour in the past 6 months. Why argue with that? I find it rediculous that everyone acts like player's form just magically dissapear everytime they play Caro, as if Caro's style of play has nothing to do with it. On the other hand, what has Maria done in tennis the past 3 years? Not much at all, yet she still gets all the hype. Sorry, but right know, she is just overrated.

madmax
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
You're skipping my point. Caroline deserved to be ranked World No. 1 because she has been the most consistent player on the tour in the past 6 months. Why argue with that? I find it rediculous that everyone acts like player's form just magically dissapear everytime they play Caro, as if Caro's style of play has nothing to do with it. On the other hand, what has Maria done in tennis the past 3 years? Not much at all, yet she still gets all the hype. Sorry, but right know, she is just overrated.

why are you even bringing up Maria into the discussion here? You don't need to remind us that her serve sucks and therefore all game goes AWOL with it. And what Maria has done in the past 3 years doesn't diminish her past achievements one bit, whether you like it or not.

Jesusapprentice
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
Because I don't think Maria fan has a right to critize a player who is actually winning something, when their own fav hasn't even made a QF of a major in 2 years.

PMBH
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM

I fail to see how it can be considered arrogant to believe that Wozniacki is the best player in the world at the moment. She's constantly winning, and her perceived toughest opponents - with the exception of Clijsters - are constantly injured of underachieving. Sure, she has yet to win a slam but it's only a question of her getting a bit more experience before that happens. Contrary to some opinions on this forum, I don't think any tennis experts would be surprised if Caro wins either FO, Wimby or USO. Or even more than one of those.

goldenlox
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
I fail to see how it can be considered arrogant to believe that Wozniacki is the best player in the world at the moment. She's constantly winning, and her perceived toughest opponents - with the exception of Clijsters - are constantly injured of underachieving...I think you have to say Caroline is 1 of the 2 best, Kim deserves that.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
why are you even bringing up Maria into the discussion here? You don't need to remind us that her serve sucks and therefore all game goes AWOL with it. And what Maria has done in the past 3 years doesn't diminish her past achievements one bit, whether you like it or not.

just like when you insult another 2 players who have greater achievements than maria yet you act like they are washed up and done for the past years you were here...take your own advice

TennisFan66
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Caro 4.1; Kim 4.9; then Vera at 8.4 (no lay, so could be tad higher); then everyone else. Example: Sharapova 25-1 back; no lay

PS Punters are arrogant ..

tea
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
This Miami is Caroline's tournament to lose, that's for sure. As actually any tournament is. Eh, this predictability is starting to tire, isn't it?:(

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
I want to see kittyking's prophecy. Where is he?

Ferg
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
tea :inlove:

Stonerpova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I wish Ivanovic would stop drawing Clijsters in the 16's. It happened at the US Open, The Australian Open (she lost early), and now here.

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
I wish Ivanovic would stop drawing Clijsters in the 16's. It happened at the US Open, The Australian Open (she lost early), and now here.

1. Pray that Ivanovic plays well; send support message to her;

2. Send Kimberly an anonymous message warning her Key Biscayne is subject to disastrous hurricane and Jada may be in danger staying there. Of course you can toss in potential drug gang violence and possible terrorist attacks. Oh, and tell her Turkey Point nuclear power plant is only 25 miles south of Miami.

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
Because I don't think Maria fan has a right to critize a player who is actually winning something, when their own fav hasn't even made a QF of a major in 2 years.

Just 3 posts and already trolling on Maria !? What was was your precedent username !?

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Just 3 posts and already trolling on Maria !? What was was your precedent username !?

Actually the user was calling out a notorious troll. I'm not at all surprised that you, with your posting record are unable to consider that when a member of the general tennis community reads the kind of endless vial drivel trolls like Madmax post, they might feel compelled to join TF and state their opinion?

Posting Line after line of random hater rubbish dose nothing to improve the quality of the forum... and you can be pretty damn sure that Maria herself isn't sitting around thanking you or any of the other trolls for your kind of support... A fact that the rest of the gloating Maria faithful in their Siberian palace should take note of...

Perhaps its time that instead of grinning like little cheshire cats in exile they came out and put their own their own fans in order?

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:08 AM

I think its time for you to take an extended vacation...

The utter hypocrisy coming from you is beyond boring. You were by far the most vocally arrogant poster here in GM prior to the USO meeting, and as such have zero credibility to be lecturing people about being arrogant.

Matt01
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:54 AM
I think its time for you to take an extended vacation...

The utter hypocrisy coming from you is beyond boring. You were by far the most vocally arrogant poster here in GM prior to the USO meeting, and as such have zero credibility to be lecturing people about being arrogant.

Haha, nice of you to remind me of that. Here's what madmax told me in that US Open thread:

Yup - that's rightYour blonde sensation will have to run like she never has done chasing those Maria groundies

arrogance I'd call that talking facts - Sunshine yet to take a set off Maria in all of their previous meetings. She has nothing in her game to even remotely trouble Masha, heck even Pushwanska has more options to beat Maria than she does

we've got a deal then...just don't forget to come here when Maria collects another routine win, will ya?

True expert of the game that poster. :spit:

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:07 AM
Actually the user was calling out a notorious troll. I'm not at all surprised that you, with your posting record are unable to consider that when a member of the general tennis community reads the kind of endless vial drivel trolls like Madmax post, they might feel compelled to join TF and state their opinion?

Posting Line after line of random hater rubbish dose nothing to improve the quality of the forum... and you can be pretty damn sure that Maria herself isn't sitting around thanking you or any of the other trolls for your kind of support... A fact that the rest of the gloating Maria faithful in their Siberian palace should take note of...

Perhaps its time that instead of grinning like little cheshire cats in exile they came out and put their own their own fans in order?

So wasn't that offending IYO to call her overrated... overhyped !? I'm just asking you to be objective here on somebody who has proven themself multiple times !!

Everyone knows Maria is playing 2nd league but in which way does that affect a Masha fan's opinion on another player !? Because a fave of yours plays crap that now disables you from giving an opinion could it be negative on someone else !? ROFL !!

Maria was great, is great and will for everlastingly be the greatest... and this even when she's not playing up to her potential... because she has earned each and every bit of it... then it's up to your fave to bring herself to this kind of status.

Jesusapprentice is a clear Caro Woz fan so YOU should be the one calling his/her one-dimensional trolling off done/over-done anti-Maria arguments... these (his/her arguments) are HAS-BEEN. Next. Peace my friend.

Jesusapprentice
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
So wasn't that offending IYO to call her overrated... overhyped !? I'm just asking you to be objective here on somebody who has proven themself multiple times !!

Everyone knows Maria is playing 2nd league but in which way does that affect a Masha fan's opinion on another player !? Because a fave of yours plays crap that now disables you from giving an opinion could it be negative on someone else !? ROFL !!

IMaria was great, is great and will for everlastingly be the greatest... and this even when she's not playing up to her potential... because she has earned each and every bit of it... then it's up to your fave to bring herself to this kind of status.

Jesusapprentice is a clear Caro Woz fan so YOU should be the one calling his/her one-dimensional trolling off done/over-done anti-Maria arguments... these (his/her arguments) are HAS-BEEN. Next. Peace my friend.

It's the hypocrisy. I have seen so many fans of Maria complain about Wozn's style of tennis, but it gets the job done, doesn't it? I just find it utterly rediculous that some people on here seem to think that every player just finds their worst form against Wozniacki, as if Woz's smart play has nothing to do with it. And if Maria fans think that it's boring that all Woz does is keep the ball in play, at least she can keep the ball in play unlike Maria who is an error-prone/DF machine now. What right do fans of Maria have to criticize Wozniacki? She's doing much more than Maria right know. You can complain over and over how Maria can beat Wozniacki when she is at her best, but it doesn't do nothing. At least Caro fans don't have look back 3 years ago to find the last their fav made a grand slam semifinal.

As for Maria being a great player, I agree. She was a great player, but the fact is that since AO 2008 she has done nothing special, and people need to stop hyping her up because basically for the past 3 years, she has been irrelevant. Sure, her shoulder injuries have affected her career badly, but if it was really meant to be, she would be back in the top ten by now and competing with the best players.

I never stated that I was a Wozniacki fan, but people don't have a right to criticize her just because her opponents can't get it together. Blame the rest of the tour, because Wozniacki has been the most consistent player on the tour the last 7 months.

violent forehand
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
Jesus!I hope i saw it wrong,but i haven't saw Li Na in this poll.........

goldenlox
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Jesus!I hope i saw it wrong,but i haven't saw Li Na in this poll.........Li has had some weak results at Tier I's this year. She's in other, with Radwanska, Peer, Kleybanova, Petrova, Pennetta, etc..
I cant put 30 names in there

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
It's the hypocrisy. I have seen so many fans of Maria complain about Wozn's style of tennis, but it gets the job done, doesn't it? I just find it utterly rediculous that some people on here seem to think that every player just finds their worst form against Wozniacki, as if Woz's smart play has nothing to do with it. And if Maria fans think that it's boring that all Woz does is keep the ball in play, at least she can keep the ball in play unlike Maria who is an error-prone/DF machine now. What right do fans of Maria have to criticize Wozniacki? She's doing much more than Maria right know. You can complain over and over how Maria can beat Wozniacki when she is at her best, but it doesn't do nothing. At least Caro fans don't have look back 3 years ago to find the last their fav made a grand slam semifinal.

As for Maria being a great player, I agree. She was a great player, but the fact is that since AO 2008 she has done nothing special, and people need to stop hyping her up because basically for the past 3 years, she has been irrelevant. Sure, her shoulder injuries have affected her career badly, but if it was really meant to be, she would be back in the top ten by now and competing with the best players.

I never stated that I was a Wozniacki fan, but people don't have a right to criticize her just because her opponents can't get it together. Blame the rest of the tour, because Wozniacki has been the most consistent player on the tour the last 7 months.

Jesus you seem to be the preacher of good word but this finds no echo by my side so keep trying to enroll other fellow disciples to your cause... You say what right do Masha fans have to criticize Caro Woz !? I'll answer for myself...

I love Maria, I live in France and it was given to me and many other french compatriots by the constitution and human's rights declaration to have the possibility to express myself in between others on a tennis forum even on a player I do not appreciate... how's that for you !?

If you go in TF period 2004 you'll still find people who also criticized... thouroughly... maybe even worser than now... 7 yrs. later and with you as a "new" member it's still the same... so I just don't know what kind of fight you're trying to bring... if you're trying to eradicate criticism just go live like a shaolin in the mountains in a solitary fan life... ROFL !!

Somebody who has done so much great things for the game that even Jesus himself would be grateful to her deserves eternal recognition... even when she sucks but I guess when he prophesied that you were way too busy trying to find her last GS 1/2... something no one cares about since she has accomplished so much at just 23 !? :S

Undercover Caro Woz fan. ROFL !!

The 2nd Law
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
^ Is it a french thing to phrase things like that? Just curious :p

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
^ Is it a french thing to phrase things like that? Just curious :p

Mmmm... to be honest I don't think I have the impression to phrase things like how you think I do ? :lol: :rolls: I wonder what makes you think that... just curious too... :p

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM

Maria was great, is great and will for everlastingly be the greatest... and this even when she's not playing up to her potential... because she has earned each and every bit of it... then it's up to your fave to bring herself to this kind of status.

Reality check Vikapower… Your a troll, and a pretty poor quality one at that.

Do you seriously think that hiding behind Maria, and fluffing your insulting attacks on players with self contradicting bogus tennis theorems changes that fact, or lessens in any way the true nature of your agenda?

Barely a thread exists in GM where you're not out there spouting your sententious drivel, insulting the the other players ability and technique… It's beyond hypocrisy and beyond boring.

If GM was a fitness magazine you would be the endless annoying adverts for instant slimming pills.

Run off back to the ice place, because Maria doesn't deserve or need your kind of support. Your here for your own pleasure at what ever the cost to Maria, and her image.

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Do you seriously think that hiding behind Maria, and fluffing your insulting attacks on players with self contradicting bogus tennis theorems changes that fact, or lessens in any way the true nature of your agenda?

Barely a thread exists in GM where you're not out there spouting your sententious drivel, insulting the the other players ability and technique… It's beyond hypocrisy and beyond boring.
ROFL Holmes you're completely out of track and the only players you'll see me openly criticize here are Rena + Vee/Caro Woz so I really do not see on which base your accusations are founded !?

You seem to really be frustrated from the undeserved treatment Caro Woz gets here... but is this my (unique) fault !? I'm not even the one who started this thing overall...

I can depict to you multiple other forums where the Dane is mistreated and even worse so you should just chill out, take all the positive your fave brings to you and not pay concern to these... otherwise you're gonna get grey haired before time has comed.

Run off back to the ice place, because Maria doesn't deserve or need your kind of support. Your here for your own pleasure at what ever the cost to Maria, and her image.
Everyone is here for fun, as X or Y fan and this (normally) ain't people's real life... You're too serious and overdoing things... I'm a classic supporter just like you are and we're no different from each other... when our faves get aggressed we replicate both in different proportions...

From 08 to go on things were getting out of control and pretty vile on Maria... something had to be done about it - no !?... fire can't fight fire but who cares... Try doing the same maybe that'll bring a solution to the Caro Woz problem !?

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Everyone is here for fun, as X or Y fan and this (normally) ain't people's real life... You're too serious and overdoing things... I'm a classic supporter just like you are and we're no different from each other... when our faves get aggressed we replicate both in different proportions...

That's the point... Your not funny... You do realise that you quite possibly hold the record for being on the most ignore lists?

And thanks, but my life is great, and my sense of humour is is doing fine.

Your not a classic supporter, your the kind of supporter that gets banned from home games...

We are different, I'm not here to take cheap shots at other players as a means to deal with my angst... You are...

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Burisleif again.

Interestingly, more and more people are backing Caro to also win Miami. Caro 3.8; Kim 5.0, Vera 11 .. then everyone else. Group of people in high 20's: Vika, Li Na, Pova, JJ, Stosur, Sveta.

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
I think its too early to call here... the early rounds will give some indication of how well all the players have adjusted from California.

Hopefully the crowd and punter favourites and all the seeds, will be fresh and ready to to put on a show. I will be routing for Caroline and Marion (until and unless they both meet).

I'm not particularly impressed by the TV coverage for such an important event, and no doubt a few fans will be wondering what exactly happened to the Favourites should they fall in the early rounds.

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
I think its too early to call here... the early rounds will give some indication of how well all the players have adjusted from California.

Hopefully the crowd and punter favourites and all the seeds, will be fresh and ready to to put on a show. I will be routing for Caroline and Marion (until and unless they both meet).

I'm not particularly impressed by the TV coverage for such an important event, and no doubt a few fans will be wondering what exactly happened to the Favourites should they fall in the early rounds.
It's rather pathetic to say the least.

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
That's the point... Your not funny... You do realise that you quite possibly hold the record for being on the most ignore lists?
Which record !!?? And how does that have to affect me !? Caro Woz fans holds the so said record for being the most annoying fans on GM and does that affect you all lives on TF as fans !? This is a multiple way logic and if everyone had to listen to everyone here... :rolls:

Your not a classic supporter, your the kind of supporter that gets banned from home games...
ROFL !! I'm a classic supporter just like you and fire doesn't get faught with fire but you yourself wouldn't assume watching your fave get mocked without reacting... attitudes bring other attitudes and sometimes worser than the first... this is exactly how the Caro Woz bash started out... don't trust that I'm unconscious about that. Lol. I'm just another one of the victims of the system...

We are different, I'm not here to take cheap shots at other players as a means to deal with my angst... You are...

ROFL once again you're accusing me of something I do not do... I don't take cheap shots at a player unless they're thouroughly linked to my faves... many people act similarly... I'm profoundly confused of the vision you get of me.

Burisleif
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
ROFL !! I'm a classic supporter just like you and fire doesn't get faught with fire but you yourself wouldn't assume watching your fave get mocked without reacting... attitudes bring other attitudes and sometimes worser than the first... this is exactly how the Caro Woz bash started out... don't trust that I'm unconscious about that. Lol. I'm just another one of the victims of the system...

ROFL once again you're accusing me of something I do not do... I don't take cheap shots at a player unless they're thouroughly linked to my faves... many people act similarly... I'm profoundly confused of the vision you get of me.

Ahh so you're a VICTIM now... Just like every other human caught "red handed" throughout out the history of time... "I' didn't mean it officer... " "He made me do it..."

Let me guess... Your DOG was having an off day, and STOLE your keyboard... And then outrageously started typing insults at players?

That might explain the incomprehensibility of your posts, but forgive me if I don't buy it.

I don't actively mock players... and certainly not to deal with a troll like you... Get it?

Ice Palace and giggle buddies awaits your return.

Your OFF TOPIC... Its boring to all that want to discuss the thread topic.

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
Ahh so you're a VICTIM now... Just like every other human caught "red handed" throughout out the history of time... "I' didn't mean it officer... " "He made me do it..."

Let me guess... Your DOG was having an off day, and STOLE your keyboard... And then outrageously started typing insults at players?

That might explain the incomprehensibility of your posts, but forgive me if I don't buy it.

I don't actively mock players... and certainly not to deal with a troll like you... Get it?

Ice Palace and giggle buddies awaits your return.

Your OFF TOPIC... Its boring to all that want to discuss the thread topic.

Ha la la... you're so ennuyeux mon friend... dégage ton cul off GM if you're not pleased with what you see here... ROFL !! Just can't be sérieux with a Caro Woz fans who just have no common sense of amical discussions :rolls: than just persistently calling other posters names... ROFL !! I didn't curse and mock not one time there and the world has just seen who the real troll is... Peace dude. Bye.

Markobojo
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I would like Jelena or Ana to win. But it will probably be Kim or Wozniacki...

Navratil
Mar 24th, 2011, 08:46 AM
The trust in Sharapova is growing. She'll be back within the next months ;)

goldenlox
Mar 25th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Li and Peer are out, but they were 'others'

Markobojo
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Does Ana have any chance against Kim in 4th round?!

Inger67
Mar 26th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Really want Kvitova.

goldenlox
Mar 26th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Does Ana have any chance against Kim in 4th round?!Well, Kim pulled out of Indian Wells, there is some question about her shoulder.
If that match happens, it could be a good one.

rucolo
Mar 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Someone please stop Clijsters. Vika you are next! :sobbing:

Does Ana have any chance against Kim in 4th round?!