PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki = Djokovic.. (?!)

DevilishAttitude
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM
According to Sam Smith, Wozniacki plays exact same game as Djokovic minus the FH.

Thoughts? ;)

Mekoro
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Lol

Totally different.

Andy.
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Well I find them equally as boring to watch so yes maybe. His game has become far less aggressive and too spinny. I find myself yelling at the TV "hit the ball" when I watch him.

new-york
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, they live in the same neighborhood.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Well I find them equally as boring to watch so yes maybe. His game has become far less aggressive and too spinny. I find myself yelling at the TV "hit the ball" when I watch him.

He certainly did hit the ball against Roger yesterday.

madmax
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
agreed...two boring manufactured counterpunchers. I find both of their playing styles incredibly dull

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM
:facepalm:

moby
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I find Wozniacki more interesting to watch than Djokovic, who bores me to death.

Her game is more like Murray's I guess, except I find Murray's game more interesting.

KindaNice
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Really lame comment. "Exactly" the same? But then throwing in "minus the FH"...stupid. Novak has a serve that is now a weapon, great foot speed, a drop shot...at least some variety. She is totally a nice girl...but there is nothing exciting about watching her play. And making a comparison with a mens player in just stupid in my opinion.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:26 PM
He certainly did hit the ball against Roger yesterday.

That's why he's mad. :secret:

Djoker's serve is more of a weapon than Caro's and he goes for more off the ground as well. The only thing they have in common is great movement.

Vikapower
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
From Nadal she became Murray now Novak tomorrow Federer after Del po in 5 years Raonic... and she claims she can destroy the guys... my goodness.

It's really time for this crap to end. :S

Noctis
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Stop making fun of her :rolls:

Apoleb
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Her game is more like Murray's I guess, except I find Murray's game more interesting.

Ughhh, that is offending, no.

Murray is like Radwanska, which is still offending, but less so. Murray is a fantastic improviser with a great tennis mind. There are barely any similarities. In fact, in a way they are opposites: when he's playing in his comfort zone, he's a creative player and makes counter-punchers like Ferrer look like a joke. When he devolves into passivity, he's at his low point.

No male player can afford to play in Wozniacki's style. They'd be routed of in 45 minutes. The closest is Nadal but there are many differences that the comparison would still be off.

Novak may be the equivalent of Clijsters.

goat
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I think she has her own reserved style. no ones game completely reflects anothers otherwise if they were to play a match it would never end :devil:

laurie
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm really confused today by the amount of compliments Simon Reed and Sam Smith were giving to Caroline Wozniacki during the final against Bartoli.

I try to be level headed most times but Caroline Wozniacki has to be the worst number 1 I've seen by far. It's not right that the World Number 1 player is looking to win a final by capitalising on the errors of a top 20 player who to all purposes is a bit out of shape for a professional (even though I like Bartoli as a player and personality, she should be in much better shape for a professional).

I'm sorry to say it but I am just not impressed with Caroline Wozniacki as a number 1 player. This has been proved so far in Grand Slam play because her father is not allowed to come on court and tell her what to do. Thankfully the ITF won't sanction a rule like that (on court coaching that is).

Carsten
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:20 PM
no! :lol:

silverwhite
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:47 PM
More like Nadal in his very very early days

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Sam Smith has also claimed that she could become greater than Clijsters if she improves her FH...enough said.

Apoleb
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM

Bingo. That is really the best comparison I see.

Anabelcroft
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Bullshit!Not...

njnetswill
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Djokovic hits way more winners.

Linguae^
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Djokovic is unbeatable to the season, and Carolina lost to Ciblukova :lol:

Wiggly
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Djokovic has more balls when it truly matters.

ajmo!
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM
:lol: .... NO!

alfonsojose
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Clijsters would be a better comparation, obviously i'm talking about styles.

Lucemferre
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:05 AM
Bingo. That is really the best comparison I see.

:help: They have nothing in common.

puppy777
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:10 AM
Djokovic has more balls when it truly matters.

Indeed ... in bed. :devil:

Don't ban me please

thegreendestiny
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:11 AM
I'd like to think Djokovic plays more like Kuznetsova at times with his defense and forehand. Wozniacki is more of like Simon, but then again, Gilles plays exciting tennis most of the time.

The 2nd Law
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:25 AM
ATP - WTA comparisons are silly, but for me the closest to Novak would be Kim?

Jeff
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:27 AM
According to Sam Smith, Wozniacki plays exact same game as Djokovic minus the FH.

Thoughts? ;)

No way...

justineheninfan
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Djokovic is by far more agressive. Even on his most passive days he is more agressive than Wozniacki is very nearly all huge hitters. Djokovic stays agressive even vs the really big hitters like Berdych, Federer, Soderling. Wozniacki atleast is starting to show lately she finally is playing agressively when she plays people she feels cant easily overpower her, but once she goes up against someone perceived as a bigger hitter than her she goes back into her defensive shell completely.

justineheninfan
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM
If Wozniacki is similar in a gender translation to anyone that would make her look good it might be Wilander except that she cant volley worth a darn yet, and she needs to shore up he forehand alot more. The most accurate male version comparision for her would probably be Simon, or if one is being generous maybe Murray.

bandabou
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Nope...not even close. Djoker is more aggressive and of course has a mega serve and forehand. Just the two areas, caro needs improvement in.

Caro really has no comparison. In any other era, Caro would be just a nice top 20 player..specially when she has NO forehand to speak of.

Alice
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM
agreed...two boring manufactured counterpunchers. I find both of their playing styles incredibly dull

I can't agree more with you on this one. How many times and how long does Djokovic needs to bounce the ball to serve? Just hit it already!

And Caro do reminds me a bit of Nadal in his early days...

tennis-insomniac
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:40 AM
She can not generate the pace and of course she's boring

MaBaker
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:06 AM
I have to disagree. She is more of a delicate mix of Rafa's strenght, Novak's movement and Roger's brilliance. Plus, her moonballs are out of this world and the deadliest weapon on the WTA atm.

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM
She can not generate the pace and of course she's boring

THIS.

Setsuna.
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:14 AM
No way as jeff said.

tea
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Nah. Djokovic is just a Two Slams Wonder.:zzz: No big deal whatsoever. Roger and Rafito will bounce back in no time. Caro, on the other hand, has come to dominate the tour for a long long time. Gamestyle wise Djoko also has nothing to impress with, no trademark or anything...:shrug: Agree with the rest- bad comparison.

markdelaney
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
I think she's more like Thomas Muster.

Setsuna.
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:55 AM
Nah. Djokovic is just a Two Slams Wonder.:zzz: No big deal whatsoever. Roger and Rafito will bounce back in no time. Caro, on the other hand, has come to dominate the tour for a long long time. Gamestyle wise Djoko also has nothing to impress with, no trademark or anything...:shrug: Agree with the rest- bad comparison.

Your posts are full of bullshit. As usual.

young_gunner913
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:56 AM

2 more slams than Wozniacki has...

Betten
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Plus, her moonballs are out of this world and the deadliest weapon on the WTA atm.

It's certainly the most underrated one.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Djokovic is by far more agressive. Even on his most passive days he is more agressive than Wozniacki is very nearly all huge hitters. Djokovic stays agressive even vs the really big hitters like Berdych, Federer, Soderling. Wozniacki atleast is starting to show lately she finally is playing agressively when she plays people she feels cant easily overpower her, but once she goes up against someone perceived as a bigger hitter than her she goes back into her defensive shell completely.

If Wozniacki is similar in a gender translation to anyone that would make her look good it might be Wilander except that she cant volley worth a darn yet, and she needs to shore up he forehand alot more. The most accurate male version comparision for her would probably be Simon, or if one is being generous maybe Murray.

Nope...not even close. Djoker is more aggressive and of course has a mega serve and forehand. Just the two areas, caro needs improvement in.

Caro really has no comparison. In any other era, Caro would be just a nice top 20 player..specially when she has NO forehand to speak of.

:worship:

I can't agree more with you on this one. How many times and how long does Djokovic needs to bounce the ball to serve? Just hit it already!

And Caro do reminds me a bit of Nadal in his early days...

:sobbing:

gc-spurs
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Djokovic's crosscourt forehand to the corner winner in the clutch vs the GOAT disagrees. :drool:

Shinjiro
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:38 AM
I can't agree more with you on this one. How many times and how long does Djokovic needs to bounce the ball to serve?

As long as he wants, when he plays Nadal. :lol:

Ana&Jelena Fan
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
Maybe she will become Djokovic, who knows... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NROqhxq1vw&feature=player_embedded

PMBH
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Nope...not even close. Djoker is more aggressive and of course has a mega serve and forehand. Just the two areas, caro needs improvement in. Caro really has no comparison. In any other era, Caro would be just a nice top 20 player..specially when she has NO forehand to speak of.

Geez, you don't really follow tennis on a regular basis, do you? Or is it just too hard for some people to accept that Caro is the new dominator in women's tennis?

young_gunner913
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Geez, you don't really follow tennis on a regular basis, do you? Or is it just too hard for some people to accept that Caro is the new dominator in women's tennis?

Then why hasn't she ever beaten Serena, Venus, Kim?

FORZA SARITA
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:56 PM
she can be compared just with Murray :lol: slamless and trashed in slam finals :oh:

lestat111
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
novak is talented, funny, sexy, has 2 slams.. that s nothing to do with caro. :angel:

bandabou
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM

Could be..but as long as major no.1 isn't won..she's just a lesser version of Jankovic/ Hingis et al.

rada
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
No way :lol: I'm sorry but Djokovic can hit winners this girl is great at getting all the balls back that FH is shocking. When Caro plays someone like Kim or Serena she gets killed.

PMBH
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Then why hasn't she ever beaten Serena, Venus, Kim?

Because she never gets a chance to play against them! The WS are always out with injuries and Clijsters is a part-time player. Since Caro became a top-5 almost a year and a half ago, her only match against any of the three was the YEC final last November when Kim won in three sets. Caro hasn't met Venus for three years...

miffedmax
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM

Thoughts? ;)

"minus the forehand?"

One might as well have said "She plays the exact same game as Torres, minus the fact that he's a footballer." :weirdo:

Valanga
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
:help:

Olórin
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM

It's hard to accept something that isn't the case.

Caroline is the form player of the moment and has been on a hot streak for 6+ months. But she hasn't been dominating women's tennis because she failed to win the most important events in that time period.

This season she has entered 5 events and lost in three of them. Again, that's not really domination, not when the number two player has won the most important event played so far.

Sometimes the criticism of Wozniacki is over the top, but also ridiculous quotes from commentators and from her fans like this don't help.

A Miami title would mean she would have been the dominant player of this year, so far, arguably. Although if Kim wins or does really well, then she would have a far more convincing case as the dominant player. As of right now, the best we can say is that Caroline is the new slamless #1, not the new dominatrix.

RenaSlam.
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
I'd say a much lesser version of Hewitt in his prime.

goldenlox
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
One comparison between Caroline and Nole is that few people saw this coming 2 years ago.
If you would say Wozniacki is going to be a long term #1 by 2011, & Djokovic was going to beat Federer 3 times in a row and be 20-0, it didnt seem likely in spring 2009

moby
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Ughhh, that is offending, no.

Murray is like Radwanska, which is still offending, but less so. Murray is a fantastic improviser with a great tennis mind. There are barely any similarities. In fact, in a way they are opposites: when he's playing in his comfort zone, he's a creative player and makes counter-punchers like Ferrer look like a joke. When he devolves into passivity, he's at his low point.

No male player can afford to play in Wozniacki's style. They'd be routed of in 45 minutes. The closest is Nadal but there are many differences that the comparison would still be off.

Novak may be the equivalent of Clijsters.The closest person to Radwanska is probably the now retired Santoro.

I think Wozniacka reminds me more of Murray than Nadal in the sense that:
- they are both defensive counterpunchers (I never really considered Nadal a counterpuncher - he was aggressive in his own way with the spins)
- they have slightly awkward running gaits, relying a lot more on stretching and soft hands on their retrieving rather than the raw speed and supremely dedicated and tight footwork that Nadal exhibits
- their serves and backhands are their strongest shots
- superficial things like the shape of their groundstrokes

Caro is of course more passive than Andy, but on the WTA everything is worse than their ATP equivalent.
I think she has a great tennis mind too, even if she's not a genius at constructing opportunities, she has to read the game very well in terms of court positioning to do what she does.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
ah.....NO....next!

Certinfy
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
:haha:

Balltossovic
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
:unsure:

TheHangover
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
i think it's more like verdasco, she achieved more but verdasco is better on the men side than wozniacki is on the women side in terms of game, at his best he can play outstanding tennis, the same can't be said for wozniacki. djokovic is way too mutch plus he won 2 grand slams

Andrew Laeddis
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:44 PM
i think it's more like verdasco, she achieved more but verdasco is better on the men side than wozniacki is on the women side in terms of game, at his best he can play outstanding tennis, the same can't be said for wozniacki. djokovic is way too mutch plus he won 2 grand slams

Verdasco and Caro are nothing alike. :o

Cp6uja
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7pYkVtOAa7c/TPYfdVbKf5I/AAAAAAAABUY/5WlwAoWCuYY/s1600/novak%2Bdjokovic%2Bserbia%2Bdavis%2Bcup%2Bpractici sing%2Bfor%2Bfinal%2Bgilles.jpg

Always when I look on this Djokovic pic something remind me on Wozniacki :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cleffa
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM
lol i think they are actually quite the opposite. look at the amount of winners by djokovic in contrast to wozniacki. look at the FH and BH of djokovic in contrast to woz. and look at the level the opponents djokovic plays in contrast to those that woz plays. I think a person who knows nothing about tennis but judging only by the two final matches in BNP would know answer that wozniacki is not equal to djokovic in wta.

But then why would sam smith say this? oh probably to deceive the public and make woz similar to justin bieber or katy perry of tennis.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:44 PM
No male player can afford to play in Wozniacki's style. They'd be routed of in 45 minutes.

The thread should have been closed after this comment as this is the bottom line.
Average serve, average net game, 2 handed volley, 2 handed slice, average drop shot, medium paced loopers up the middle and very little offense. Recipe for challengers tour on the men's side.

Wozniacki is NOWHERE close to Djokovic's style of play or any of the current atp players. Closest male she can be likened to is Michael Chang.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM

Not even.

Again no. Wilander had a very good backhand slice that he hit 95% of the time. His game was quite varied in terms of different spins and pace. Caro is just looping up the middle, crosscourt and sometimes up the line :yawn:

I have to disagree. She is more of a delicate mix of Rafa's strenght, Novak's movement and Roger's brilliance. Plus, her moonballs are out of this world and the deadliest weapon on the WTA atm.

:lol:

2 more slams than Wozniacki has...

Caro is a placeholder, much like Lleyton Hewitt was in 2001-2002. She will win slams but she won't dominate. Her type of game, merely gives rise to players who are equally good on offense and defense. It's the natural evolution of the sport.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:59 PM

How the hell can she be like verdasco? he is like a topspin ballbasher :help:

Moveyourfeet
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:32 PM
One comparison between Caroline and Nole is that few people saw this coming 2 years ago.
If you would say Wozniacki is going to be a long term #1 by 2011, & Djokovic was going to beat Federer 3 times in a row and be 20-0, it didnt seem likely in spring 2009

Wrong. There were already big predictions for Djokovic as early as 2007 when he had a great showing in Miami. You could tell he had the game and it was just the mentality that needed to be sorted out.

There is no need to overhype Caro. She will win a couple slams but she is hardly an amazing player.

zhengjieforever
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM
The thread should have been closed after this comment as this is the bottom line.
Average serve, average net game, 2 handed volley, 2 handed slice, average drop shot, medium paced loopers up the middle and very little offense. Recipe for challengers tour on the men's side.

Wozniacki is NOWHERE close to Djokovic's style of play or any of the current atp players. Closest male she can be likened to is Michael Chang.

are you implying that michael chang had an average skill set and was just a challenger player?
michael chang won a grand slam you know :tape:

Moveyourfeet
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM
are you implying that michael chang has an average skill set and should've just been a challenger player?
michael chang won a grand slam you know :tape:

Read the post I quoted and read mine again. Maybe you will understand better.
The challenger part has nothing to do with Michael Chang.

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM

While comparing Woz to Djok is dumb, your comment regarding likening her to Michael Chang is also silly to say the least. If Woz had Michael's foot speed and taking the ball as early, she would have been unbeatable already.

And I'd urge everyone to please stop comparing any female player to any male player. John Isner might have exaggerated it a little, but the men's game and the women's game are two different games, period.

Langers
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Ridiculous comparison. Djokovic is the best player to watch, so that alone makes them streets apart.

The only thing they share is great athleticism.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:32 AM
While comparing Woz to Djok is dumb, your comment regarding likening her to Michael Chang is also silly to say the least. If Woz had Michael's foot speed and taking the ball as early, she would have been unbeatable already.

OMG duh! WIth any comparison from female to male players you are talking about the style of play, not literal comparisons.
Of course Caro doesn't have Chang's footspeed. If she did she wouldn't play a looping game as she would be in position to hit aggressive all the time. Jeez, I didn't think I had to spell this out but I guess for some... :tape:

As far as game style, Chang comes closest in my mind to her style of play. This is not the same as saying they have the same exact game, but if you are going to compare, he is a more apt player to compare her to.

Got to spell it out for some...

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:57 AM
Ridiculous comparison. Djokovic is the best player to watch, so that alone makes them streets apart.
The only thing they share is great athleticism.

Wozniacki is good to watch as well. And while of course Djokovic's game is more powerful, yes I think that these two players game-wise have some similarities :shrug:

Valanga
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:13 AM
Wozniacki is good to watch as well.
Her body, probably; her tennis (especially her forehand), NO.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:29 AM

:oh:

yes I think that these two players game-wise have some similarities :shrug:

Namely?

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:37 AM
:oh:

Namely?

Very good defense, good movement, solid groundstrokes (backhand in particular), good serve, consistancy, average net game, weak slicing and drop shots.

Bingain
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:40 AM
OMG duh! WIth any comparison from female to male players you are talking about the style of play, not literal comparisons.
Of course Caro doesn't have Chang's footspeed. If she did she wouldn't play a looping game as she would be in position to hit aggressive all the time. Jeez, I didn't think I had to spell this out but I guess for some... :tape:

As far as game style, Chang comes closest in my mind to her style of play. This is not the same as saying they have the same exact game, but if you are going to compare, he is a more apt player to compare her to.

Got to spell it out for some...

Not all defensive play styles are alike and not all defensive players are created the same.

Michael relied on hitting the ball on the rise to generate the essential pace. He hit puffy shots over, Sampras et al would have been at the net full-time. Woz relies on stamina and anticipation to get into position. Actually, the only similarity I can think of between Woz and Chang is lob, but even then Chang's lobs were way more offensive in nature. OTOH, if defense is all at the back of your head, you might as well compare Woz to Hewett (minus the net skills) as well.

spencercarlos
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Wozniacki is good to watch as well. And while of course Djokovic's game is more powerful, yes I think that these two players game-wise have some similarities :shrug:
Djokovic these days is playing similar to what Andre Agassi was back at his best, saving some differences as much as Agassi had the better returns, Novak is tecnically more complete in my mind (better ability at the net).

Sorry but Wozniacki's game is more similar to someone like a David Ferrer kind of game than Djokovic IMO, and that speak volumens.

Caroline is really helpless in the short court area, as Bartoli exploited that in the second set yesterday (as JJ did in last year's final).

That being said Caroline is playing better than everybody at the moment and she makes you beat her, she gives nothing away and that is always tough.

spencercarlos
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
Very good defense, good movement, solid groundstrokes (backhand in particular), good serve, consistancy, average net game, weak slicing and drop shots.
Djokovic is a much much better player at the net than Wozniacki IMO, that does not even deserve a comparisson.

I would say Novak's game is not based on defense, Wozniacki's is. That puts them apart as well.

Serve? What can i say i feel that Djokovic's serve is a great weapon today, he sets up a lot of winners off that shot right now. How many winners Wozniacki can produce after serving? She has a good serve but its not something that keeps her oponnents off balance like Djokovic's does IMO.

Weak slice and dropshots? Did you watch him slice against Roger in the SFs? when Federer got him going with his slice he would bend nicely and hit a very good slice back, and dropshots, he is using those lately, yesterday against Nadal he drew him nicely with that shot, and in fact won a couple of those with outright winning dropshots against Nadal, that says a lot IMO.

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:53 AM
Weak slice and dropshots? Did you watch him slice against Roger in the SFs? when Federer got him going with his slice he would bend nicely and hit a very good slice back, and dropshots, he is using those lately, yesterday against Nadal he drew him nicely with that shot, and in fact won a couple of those with outright winning dropshots against Nadal, that says a lot IMO.

Djokovic is riding on a high wave of success these days so of course he does a lot of things right ATM. Usually his slices (poor technique on the backhand) and his drop shots are quite moronic and I'm saying this as a fan. ;)

I've said that Djoker's game is more powerful and he does more offense than Woz but her game not only based on defence, either.
They're both often wearing their opponents down by playing steady tennis from the baseline.

swim4life227
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Nole actually has a personality and is a huge ham. Caroline is a complete dud and she tries way too hard to be funny and it comes across as trying too hard.

Djoko is as offensive as he can be. He doesn't really had the weight to hit big heavy strokes like Fed or Soderling can. I see him try to go DTL when his opponents are on the other side of the court and it never works. His shots are so soft. Still love him though.

spencercarlos
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:10 AM
Djokovic is riding on a high wave of success these days so of course he does a lot of things right ATM. Usually his slices (poor technique on the backhand)
How so?
Novak's slice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFThz9QDYGo

Wozniacki's slice is really probably one of the worst among all time world number ones, even worse than JJ and Safina.

I've said that Djoker's game is more powerful and he does more offense than Woz but her game not only based on defence, either.
They're both often wearing their opponents down by playing steady tennis from the baseline.
Drawing an error after a demanding high quality-hard hitting rally from the baseline does not equal to drawing an error off mid speed average shots.

That would be comparing someone like Bruguera who drew a lot of errors from his oponnents on the baseline to Agassi. Sorry but the diference in games in remarkable. But we can agree to disagree :wavey:

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:17 AM
That would be comparing someone like Bruguera who drew a lot of errors from his oponnents on the baseline to Agassi. Sorry but the diference in games in remarkable. But we can agree to disagree :wavey:

Obviously. And I said that their games have some similarities not that that they're almost the same or anything. And that video about Novak's slice doesn't work for me. But at least 1 German ES commentator agrees with me that his backhand slice technique isn't good.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:06 AM

Nole and Caro defend differently. They both have good footspeed but as to shot selection when on defense, they are worlds apart. Nole is a lot more offensive while on defense whereas Caro just loops the ball.

Nole's serve is a weapon, Caro's serve starts the point. Nole has a much better net game, slice, dropshot and feel than wooden 2 handed slice Caro.

Moveyourfeet
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM
Not all defensive play styles are alike and not all defensive players are created the same.

You don't say? You really are the master of the obvious.

Anyway, you obviously have your opinion which I disagree with. In my mind, Chang is the closest male player Caro plays like, not Hewitt.
I do feel in terms of an inter-generational gap, she is like Hewitt. Such that she will win some slams until the next group of players with more aggression with heavier balls come up.

TheHangover
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
How the hell can she be like verdasco? he is like a topspin ballbasher :help:

and she is only topspin without ballbashing, i think compare wozniacki to verdasco is a great compliment for her are you blind or what?! he has a serve and if he is at the net don't look like a clown, and can hit winners too! to be honest to me wozniacki looks like the female starace

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Nole and Caro defend differently. They both have good footspeed but as to shot selection when on defense, they are worlds apart. Nole is a lot more offensive while on defense whereas Caro just loops the ball.

Nole's serve is a weapon, Caro's serve starts the point. Nole has a much better net game, slice, dropshot and feel than wooden 2 handed slice Caro.

I guess we have to agree to disagree, because I disagree with all of this. :wavey:

Shinjiro
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:27 PM

Michael relied on hitting the ball on the rise to generate the essential pace. He hit puffy shots over, Sampras et al would have been at the net full-time. Woz relies on stamina and anticipation to get into position. Actually, the only similarity I can think of between Woz and Chang is lob, but even then Chang's lobs were way more offensive in nature. OTOH, if defense is all at the back of your head, you might as well compare Woz to Hewett (minus the net skills) as well.

Yes I think she's much closer to Hewitt than to Chang, though such a comparison has its limits, obviously.

Noctis
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
The thread is more about Joker than Wozniacki

No Wozniacki is not a man.

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM

You're completely right on that specific point... on Youtube there multiple highlight videos users made from Djokovic's (and/or Murray's) offense from total defense some should be posted here to end this crazy discussion...

Lots of people here do not follow ATP tennis and have a hard time defining some of the men's game which is why we often get on GM comparisions of Caro Woz to Nadal then to Murray then now to Djokovic...! It's an endless circle...

I present to you in the name of all of them : very sincere excuses...!

SIDENOTE : You're very harsh on Caro Woz too because don't forget that her technique off FH/BH stinks so DO NOT expect her from 3 ft. back to create offense ala Del po, Murray or Djokovic. Caro Woz does with what she has and if her technique only allows her from total defense to hit a loopy shot well let's be conciliant about that... ;)

lazymusicbox
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Is it just me, but are commentators, the press, interviewers, etc. becoming more annoying or whatever adjective you'd care to add? I don't know. I mean, I was watching the Wozniacki/Bartoli game and the commentators were just jumping up and down on my nerves. The only one I can (barely) stand now is Davenport. On the other hand, interviewers seem to get ditzier. Just look on Clijsters twitter (this gave me a good laugh). Some woman who interviewed her dropped her US Open trophy! The media just seems to say/do the craziest things now-a-days. :P

Graf~Dokic
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM

Yes, maybe if you're bored or you can't sleep. :lol:

Matt01
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yes, maybe if you're bored or you can't sleep. :lol:

Her game is not as beautiful as Dokic's ballbashing that's for sure ;)

Graf~Dokic
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Her game is not as beautiful as Dokic's ballbashing that's for sure ;)

Considering that Dokic isn't a ballbasher, yes. :lol:

BTW: What has Jelena Dokic to do with this thread? :confused:

ivanban
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Considering that Dokic isn't a ballbasher, yes. :lol:

BTW: What has Jelena Dokic to do with this thread? :confused:

Her lastname also ending with -ic :shrug:

Graf~Dokic
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:11 PM

:rolleyes:

If you want to see what real ballbashing is, go and watch Rezai.