PDA

View Full Version : LOVELY speech by Bartoli!

KindaNice
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Lovely speech...gracious. Emotional. Honest. I think she will secure more fans from this. Poignant moment when acknowledging her empty box...bless her heart. Nice of Caroline to acknowledge the speech as well. Good job Marion! Keep it up!

Ferg
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
:sobbing: The crowd loved her.

Craig.
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I missed it :(

Mary Cherry.
I hate that these things never get put on YouTube :sad:

jasminefu623
I missed it :(

same here, eurosport cuts it...

silverwhite
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
What did she say? :lol:

BartoliBabes
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
i love her, always :inlove:

Vee Williams
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
A nice speech indeed. I am sure it will win her fans.

Talula
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Can someone post it?

I don't know why some criticize Marion - off court she is lovely and lots of real tennis fans love her. I've seen her at Eastbourne several times where she is popular and was very friendly.

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM

From what I can remember: "Caroline has me in tears, tears because I'm tired... She's a great player, hard to beat and I want her to win a major- She will win a major. Also thanks to the organizers, etc."

Singleniacki
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM
:awww:
Transcript please :sobbing:

DownInAHole
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM

She mentioned that she was aware that it was a major goal of Caroline's to win a slam and that she was sure it would happen soon. Then she mentioned that Caroline's players box was very full and she only had one person (her father) in hers.

It was a very cute and nice speech. She seemed very emotional and a little sad.

GreenGrass
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Marion :hug:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Can someone post it?

I don't know why some criticize Marion - off court she is lovely and lots of real tennis fans love her. I've seen her at Eastbourne several times where she is popular and was very friendly.

True, people do love her in Eastbourne. Except maybe for the Razzano incident although I went for a drink at the end of the 1st set, came back and had no idea what had happened :unsure:

GoofyDuck
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Happy the crowd was on her side during the match though! :inlove:

Nabalonge
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Marion is great. I wish her more success. She made this final for me.

дalex
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Marion's lovely.

http://data5.blog.de/media/219/2530219_62e41e96fb_a.gif

She better just be polite for wishing Caroline all that. Can't even repeat it. j/k Whatever.

KindaNice
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM
She was a bit tearful because she was tired and lost and honestly admitted it. She was very gracious to the tournament directors, etc...the fans. Very nice towards Caroline's win. Gracious. She thanked her father at the end. She said something like..."I would like to thank my father who is sitting alone in my box. Caroline has a full box and I only have my father...he has been with me since the first ball I ever hit and I hope is there when I hit my last." Paraphrasing...but something like that. It was poignant. But the whole thing was so nice and sincere and gracious. I applaud her. :)

Hian
Mar 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Marion :yeah:
Great woman. Hate against her has really no reason to be. Hope she can win the more she can.

moby
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Aww, Marion. I forgive you for beating Justine standing across the net when Justine beat herse beating Justine.
The crowd did love her.

Olórin
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I've always liked Marion. Surely if only her father is in her box, that's her own choice. They're very much a duo I thought. She's rich enough to buy a tennis entourage if she wanted one.

QuietPlease
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
She was a bit tearful because she was tired and lost and honestly admitted it. She was very gracious to the tournament directors, etc...the fans. Very nice towards Caroline's win. Gracious. She thanked her father at the end. She said something like..."I would like to thank my father who is sitting alone in my box. Caroline has a full box and I only have my father...he has been with me since the first ball I ever hit and I hope is there when I hit my last." Paraphrasing...but something like that. It was poignant. But the whole thing was so nice and sincere and gracious. I applaud her. :)

Nice, thanks.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM

The Witch-king
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
She's smart at putting you at ease like that. But don't believe a word she says.

PhilePhile
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM

Ohhh please...feeling sorry for herself much?

toxina90
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
She's smart at putting you at ease like that. But don't believe a word she says.

http://i.imgur.com/NfwTi.gif

doni1212
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I almost cried during the part where she talked about her Dad always being there for her, :awww:

backhandsmash
Mar 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I am dying to see this!

goldenlox
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:32 PM
TennisReporters (http://twitter.com/TennisReporters)

Bartoli on @CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki): 'I honestly cannot see why she doesn't win a Grand Slam. Just a matter of time before she will get more than one'

tennisfreak15150
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I am dying to see this!

So am I. Please anyone post it!!!!

pedropt
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:35 PM

SwingVolley93
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM
It was a very well versed speech. Proud of lil Bart :)

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:44 PM
She seems like a really nice girl. All her post-match interviews and speeches at Wimbledon 2007 were great, and she did some this tournament which were fun too, about her mathematical and artistic sides :lol:. Endearing stuff!

I used to dislike her attitude towards the French players, but it looks like the blame is not hers really. Razzano said some catty things before the Eastbourne match, and she rarely says anything nasty without being provoked into it by someone else.

Ryan
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:06 AM
Really classy speech, Marion was very on-point and well spoken. Definitely won over fans!

Petkorazzi
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:19 AM
I was shocked at the speech. Definitely an amazing one, and an unexpectedly classy one too.

thrust
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:25 AM
A nice speech indeed. I am sure it will win her fans.

I think so too, still, I do think her rlationship with her father is rather strange. I do like Marion, but think her father should stay away. If she had a professional tennis coach, I think Marion would have done better. Who knows, perhaps I am too much of a pessimest. Marion seems very intelligent and is very well spoken. Didn't they say she was a mathamatician?

Shadowcat
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:38 AM
TennisReporters (http://twitter.com/TennisReporters)

Bartoli on @CaroWozniacki (http://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki): 'I honestly cannot see why she doesn't win a Grand Slam. Just a matter of time before she will get more than one'

Aww...she is so sweet and caring! Congrats to Marion for making this far! Hope she won't disappoint us in Miami. She really deserved being in the top 10 by reaching this far! :D

Carotastrophe
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:55 AM
Is she bipolar :o

One day she hit tennis balls at other players and today she perceived such a touching message :tears:

Congrats on the Top 10!

Endru.
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM
please someone post it!:hysteric:

Vartan
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:12 AM

Vartan
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:41 AM
I'm sorry, I'm a little bit in tears right now, but it's more tears of tiredness - Caroline, you made me really tired today! Caroline, you should be very proud of yourself and I wish you all the best in the future. I know your goal is to get a Grand Slam. I'm sure you'll get it very soon.

I'd also like to thank my dad. He was there when I hit my first ball and I hope that he is there when I hit my last.

:)

gdmirou
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
:)

Amazing speech! What class! :hatoff:

Beat
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
even though there were some episodes where she didn't behave rightly, to me - in the interviews i saw with her - bartoli always came across as a smart person, certainly one of the more intelligent tennis players.

i guess she's quite a loner, she has her own head and she's got spunk. that's why she's not universally loved. she's not the barbie doll that perfectly fits in. and i applaud her for that.

bandabou
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Nice, nice..and she's probably right. Only matter of time for Caro now.

The 2nd Law
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Never understood why people thought she was a bitch?
I saw her practice in Melbourne, and she really is lovely.

Zhao
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
ExG-_jFUAdk

Zhao
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
feel like crying :crying2:

Lachy
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Marion that's lovely...but wtf happened in the third set :oh: :o

Mashabator
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Beautiful speech :awww:

thrust
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:08 PM
Marion that's lovely...but wtf happened in the third set :oh: :o

I think Marion even alluded to the fact that she ran out of gas. Caro is very tough in a third set, as she seems to be in great physical shape.

BartoliBabes
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:10 PM
tears:sad:

QuietPlease
Mar 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
ExG-_jFUAdk

Thanks for posting. Lovely!

KindaNice
Mar 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM

Wow...whats with this? You don't feign words like that during this situation. Just accept that she gave a really great speech, played a really great match...and wish her and Caroline both future success. This was realy an entertaining match to watch. ;)

RenaSlam.
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Perfection.

helio_c
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
That was a really nice speech by Marion. I was cheering for her! Amazing fighter in this match, she was.

Her father still gives me the creeps, though :o

Safe-From-Harm
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Speech was lovely, respect for that.
I must admit I never thought about MArion as sweet girl,
but guess she showed her other side right here.

I mean, in every men there are good and bad things, that is normal.
So, this words was very touchable and sensitive.

adam_ads_n
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:20 PM
In Polish Eurosport's broadcast our commentator said her IQ is 175 and she just prooved she is a very smart woman. Very nice speech (at least the part which was not covered by Russian translation). I always liked Marion, but now I like her even more :)

edificio
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Speech seems kind of pathetic: Little ole me, alone with my dad, unlike some others with huge entourages. I don't know. Seems weird. Anyway, she played well in the second set and really made it a decent final. Just keep doing that, Marion.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:53 PM
I never had any problems with Marion and now I like her so much more. I've never agreed with the ridicule she has received on this forum. She played great yesterday.

simonsaystennis
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Marion :hug: She won me back over as a fan this year. Her game is a joy to watch when she is playing well. It was nice to have her show her soft side in this speech :)

Sund7101
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:58 PM
I love Marion! I hope she can recover and have a good week in Miami.

GoofyDuck
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM
If I could i'd gift the girl a grand slam. :sad:

New_balls_please
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM
That was awesome Marion :hearts: :worship:

tonybotz
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:16 PM
did you guys read her interview? she said she has an iq of 175!!:eek::eek: i think she may be the next player to sneak in and win a major a la schiavone.

Cleffa
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM

Wow even if this is true she deserves an applause for how good an actress she is. All the tears and her voice are very convincing that she's genuine. Maybe she deserves an Oscar lol.

But I remember there's one match when Bartoli didn't make a handshake because she withdrew due to injury and was very angry and the crowd was booing her. I also remember a fellow tennis player having bad comments on her. I think it's Rezai her fellow compatriot, saying that she's a good tennis player but bad person or something.

I don't know, perhaps have to know her in person to really tell if her speech is genuine. But whether her speech is genuine or fake, still a good speech. And it's good to see the crowd likes her and recognizes her instead of recognizing and cheering players that are well-known.

Singleniacki
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Just watched... omg :sobbing:
So beautiful :hearts:

Ferg
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
People showing their true auld colours here :lol: :help:

Im so happy that the vast majority of people here are recognizing her for it though :hug:

new-york
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hire me to sit in your box. :D

Drake1980
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
It was very touching and sweet! Love her! :hearts:

Lighter
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:34 PM
Marion refuses to see her mom in the box as she's too nervous. And her brother just married last year. I remember that her grand father was in the box during paris gdf suez in 2008.

Brooklyn90
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:43 PM
awww :sad: I love her even more now :hearts:

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
ExG-_jFUAdk

beautiful speech. :awww:

why does she get such a bum rap again?

Mike81
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:38 AM
Hardly a surprise. Wozniacki could compete against her insect equivalent, a cockroach, and I think the audience would root for the cockroach. :o

This thread's about Bartoli's speech but still someone has to slip in a bit of Woz hate don't they? :rolleyes:

is1531
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:42 AM
Wow even if this is true she deserves an applause for how good an actress she is. All the tears and her voice are very convincing that she's genuine. Maybe she deserves an Oscar lol.

But I remember there's one match when Bartoli didn't make a handshake because she withdrew due to injury and was very angry and the crowd was booing her. I also remember a fellow tennis player having bad comments on her. I think it's Rezai her fellow compatriot, saying that she's a good tennis player but bad person or something.

I don't know, perhaps have to know her in person to really tell if her speech is genuine. But whether her speech is genuine or fake, still a good speech. And it's good to see the crowd likes her and recognizes her instead of recognizing and cheering players that are well-known.

Who cares what Iranian Rezai thinks. Bartoli is a quality player. In fact at this point, it's hard to imagine that DIZZY AZARENKA is rated higher than Marion. Marion is one of the smartest players in the WTA,but Push takes most players out of their game.

is1531
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:44 AM
Marion Bartoli is $350,000 American dollars richer and she earned her money today. Marion gave it her best shot.

So Disrespectful
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:39 AM
She can be charming when a microphone is in front of her, but I think her recent outburst shows her true colours.

treufreund
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:18 AM

Being called a bad person by Rezai (or Golovin or Razzano) is probably an indication of the opposite. ;)

treufreund
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:21 AM
I think Marion was hated on by many people on this board for the simple reason that it was fashionable and easy to pick on her. People gang up on a victim in a moblike frenzy and that is what has happened to a lot of players. Marion is quite classy. :worship:

So Disrespectful
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:32 AM
I think Marion was hated on by many people on this board for the simple reason that it was fashionable and easy to pick on her. People gang up on a victim in a moblike frenzy and that is what has happened to a lot of players. Marion is quite classy. :worship:

I've only started hating on Marion since this little incident with multiple reputable witnesses.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=430008

Cleffa
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Being called a bad person by Rezai (or Golovin or Razzano) is probably an indication of the opposite. ;)

lol kind of true.

btw here's the video I was mentioning about Bartoli not making a handshake, just in case if you didn't watch it from another thread quite awhile ago. Maybe it is because of this that some players don't like her? But I don't know maybe she's frustrated or sth at that time and things like this happens lol Serena yelling at the line caller, maria swearing at the umpire, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHufVPcvjCs

Maddox
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Almost had me in tears, very classy, very honest and 100% genuine. I also thought her runner-up speech was good too at Wimbledon 07.