PDA

View Full Version : Miami 2011: If Pova Ruled the Court (Imagine That)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Let's pretend IW never ever happened, shall we? :D

gc-spurs
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Wozniacki who?????????????? Bring it Flo-rida

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:40 AM
It's on to the next one.

Andy.
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I really dont think Masha will do as bad in Miami as many of you think she will. She has bounced back from worse than this. Rememeber IW 2005. Masha is heading in the right direction and Im confident this loss wont affect her too badly.

Craig.
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Let's pretend IW never ever happened, shall we? :D

Are y'all serious? :weirdo: Why is everyone so negative? She made the SFs ffs, after a month off with illness and after to losing Greta-fucking-Arn and Virginie-fucking-Razzano in straight sets. This was an AMAZING week, she has a lot to be proud of considering everything. Yes, her match against Wozniacki was quite possibly one of the worst matches she's ever played and that has to be considered, but overall I'm more than satisfied :shrug:

Shivank17
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Better,lets pretend Sharapova pulled out of the Semis at IW,cause of her wedding planning? :o
And will now be back at Miami,after 3 years of absence previously in Miami.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
I really dont think Masha will do as bad in Miami as many of you think she will. She has bounced back from worse than this. Rememeber IW 2005. Masha is heading in the right direction and Im confident this loss wont affect her too badly.

Are y'all serious? :weirdo: Why is everyone so negative? She made the SFs ffs, after a month off with illness and after to losing Greta-fucking-Arn and Virginie-fucking-Razzano in straight sets. This was an AMAZING week, she has a lot to be proud of considering everything. Yes, her match against Wozniacki was quite possibly one of the worst matches she's ever played and that has to be considered, but overall I'm more than satisfied :shrug:

IW 2005 was completely different. That was fearless, confident Pova who had come through a little post slam win slump, almost beat Serena in Melbourne had won back to back tournaments before losing to Davenport. She knew that this loss was a fluke and that's why it didn't affect her confidence at all.

Do I think Masha did badly in IW? Hell fucking NO! She played great tennis in 2 matches and toughed out 2 other matches.
Do I think that Maria will lose early in Miami? No.
Do I think that the loss against Wozniacki will affect her? Yes.
We all know that her problems (apart from illness and injury) have been mainly mental since last summer.

domon17th
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:04 AM
The only thing we can do is to look forward I guess. I for one is excited abt seeing her at Miami again. Keep getting those much needed ranking points!

Reptilia
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:11 AM
well atleast we know we'll see her in Miami this year. Hopefully she can just forget about that much, cos there really wasn't a single positive to take from it.

perseus2006
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:21 AM

I totally agree, Craig! An IW SF is a good Tournament.

Pova had to start somewhere and IW was terrific for her!!!

Pova played five matches, two or three more than anyone predicted and won 80% of them. That's real good.

At times Pova fought well, served well, returned well, some groundies were amazing and she is leaving IW with two asses: the one she brought with her and the one Woz handed her in the SF.

I hope she gets atleast 5 more matches in Miami. She needs matches, lots of matches. Some of them she will lose but she can't win if she doesn't play.

IW happened and it was real good. We can only hope Miami is as good for Pova.

JamieOwen3
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:53 AM
those saying maria didn't play THAT bad as a whole need to download that match and take a closer fucking look! 1 maybe 2 games where she played ok that's about it. double fault error error double fault = break x 2 or 3 :spit: so glad the next 2 slams aren't on hard.

Shafanovic.
Mar 19th, 2011, 06:13 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li9xkpAM5P1qahu6s.gif

perseus2006
Mar 19th, 2011, 06:16 AM
those saying maria didn't play THAT bad as a whole need to download that match and take a closer fucking look! 1 maybe 2 games where she played ok that's about it. double fault error error double fault = break x 2 or 3 :spit: so glas the next 2 slams aren't on hard.

Jamie, That was one match out of five. The other four were pretty good!

I agree the Woz match was a pathetic effort. But there were reasons for it. It was one match too much but she won't get conditioned, stronger, sharper by not playing and when she plays she risks losing some matches. That's sports.

And another thing, playing four matches after being out sick for six weeks doesn't make a player a champion. Not even Pova.

Some people get snarky about Woz playing so many tournaments. Don't you think that playing lots of tournaments keeps her sharp, focused and conditioned? I do.

I wish Pova had been able to play Paris, Dubai and Doha in preparation for IW. She would have been on a higher level, then. But, afterall, "pigs don't fly".

JamieOwen3
Mar 19th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I know it was 1 out of 5 i just wish it wasn't the player she faced was the one on the other side of the net so everyone can go nuts over what was nothing special.

doomsday
Mar 19th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I lost faith:sad: I'm not sure it's a good thing for her to play Wozniacki in the latter stages of a tournament she seems so tired after 3/4 matches, her shots aren't penetrating anymore serve just sucks her arm is prolly tired.
Do your best and avoid Wozniacki:unsure:

Maria Croft
Mar 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Let's pretend she didn't make the SF of IW? What's wrong with you people?

Always so negative, she wasn't going to beat Caroline (in case you forgot, the #1) after all the current results Maria's had since their last meeting.

Also, fans (yeah, I've spotted a few again) that mention the 'R' word should really just be banned, damn annoying.

Maria is doing as well as can be expected. Some of you need to let go of the old Maria and accept the one we have today. You know, the one that is still out there playing, fighting, working her ass off trying to improve and doesn't quit when it gets tough.

Good luck in Miami Maria :yeah:

Dieter.
Mar 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hopefully the last match in IW won't affect her confidence too much. She should focus on the good run she had to the semis, especially the match against Safina and the first set against Peng. Hope she can build on that. I still think she's on the right way. Best of luck in Miami, Masha! I'm already looking forward to it. :)

gc-spurs
Mar 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Just when we were recovering from the USO loss to Caro which fucked everything up, she comes in and beats us again!

Jacey
Mar 19th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Umm Caro's name in the Thread title....not liking one bit! I sure as hell hope Maria doesn't pull out of Miami. It seemed like a lot of people were pulling for Maria in last nights match.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Let's pretend she didn't make the SF of IW? What's wrong with you people?

Always so negative, she wasn't going to beat Caroline (in case you forgot, the #1) after all the current results Maria's had since their last meeting.

Also, fans (yeah, I've spotted a few again) that mention the 'R' word should really just be banned, damn annoying.

Maria is doing as well as can be expected. Some of you need to let go of the old Maria and accept the one we have today. You know, the one that is still out there playing, fighting, working her ass off trying to improve and doesn't quit when it gets tough.

Good luck in Miami Maria :yeah:

I hope you can sense from the thread title that it's the last match I'd like to erase from my memory. :angel:

Jack89
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
When does the Miami draw come out??

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I was meant to open this thread :tears:

Nah I only joking :hug: glad you did. I was too slow and my title was probably a bit OTT anyway. :lol:

Good Luck Maria :yeah:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I was meant to open this thread :tears:

Nah I only joking :hug: glad you did. I was too slow and my title was probably a bit OTT anyway. :lol:

Good Luck Maria :yeah:

Obviously not or you would have. :angel::devil:

Do we reserve threads again? I thought that idea was canned along with the "Thread starter" thread. :hysteric:

Shafanovic.
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li9wwzIsEq1qgr5c8.gif Win it.

joão.
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:01 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li6amdUEUr1qc1ramo1_500.gif

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Obviously not or you would have. :angel::devil:

Do we reserve threads again? I thought that idea was canned along with the "Thread starter" thread. :hysteric:

I was joking, doesn't make a difference who opens it. :angel:

I should have said if I got a chance I would have ;)

And about reserving them, no but someone who says they want to usually does - that's just a coincidence I guess. And I remember someone saying there used to be no discussion about opening threads, well I was reading the Miami thread (?) from last year and there someone said Pieter was going to open the Charleston one, which then never happened because Maria didn't play there. :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Before IW started I said I would be content with a run to R4 there. It ended up being a SF, so I'm more than satisfied (probably since I didn't see the abomination in that SF to lower my interpretation of this tournament for Masha :happy:). She got 5 matches under her belt here, the more she'll play in Miami and the better the form will become. Miami's courts are also a bit quicker which benefits Maria too.

When is the draw? :) Last time Maja stole a thread (in this case my Cincy thread :o :lol:) she reached the final. :oh:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li6amdUEUr1qc1ramo1_500.gif
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101229131441/mysims/images/c/cb/Onion_imdead.gif

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Before IW started I said I would be content with a run to R4 there. It ended up being a SF, so I'm more than satisfied (probably since I didn't see the abomination in that SF to lower my interpretation of this tournament for Masha :happy:). She got 5 matches under her belt here, the more she'll play in Miami and the better the form will become. Miami's courts are also a bit quicker which benefits Maria too.

When is the draw? :) Last time Maja stole a thread (in this case my Cincy thread :o :lol:) she reached the final. :oh:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101229131441/mysims/images/c/cb/Onion_imdead.gif

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8052/33k7wk6jpg.gif

ETA: Does this gif work for you? It doesn't for me. :tears:

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Well all I was expecting her to do was defend her points i.e. win one match - wasn't expecting much since she was coming back from illness. So by far she exceeded my expectations. Overall good week, just a little disappointing that she played that bad against Woz.

I'm trying to find out too, but they don't seem to have updated their website from last year yet.

Hopefully that means she will make a good run here then :oh:

pedropt
Mar 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
It was a good week after all, even though she was awful against Wozniacki. I'll keep in mind her match against Dinara and the first set against Peng :angel:

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Someone in GM saying the draw will be on Monday. (12 PM local time?)

Mistress of Evil
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I want a 4th/QF plus return to the TOP 10:cheer:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I want a rematch vs Caro! :cheer:

ETA:

In case you've been wondering, Cara is still lurking around:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19294397&postcount=11

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Kim might withdraw because of the shoulder (but probably not), and maybe Vika too. So that might mean she will be seeded one or two spots higher, or is she ahead of Vika in the rankings now :scratch:

joão.
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I want a rematch vs Caro! :cheer:

ETA:

In case you've been wondering, Cara is still lurking around:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19294397&postcount=11

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/4/128859425972349314.jpg

joão.
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Kim might withdraw because of the shoulder (but probably not), and maybe Vika too. So that might mean she will be seeded one or two spots higher, or is she ahead of Vika in the rankings now :scratch:

No Venus and Serena aswell so it'd be like 4 spots higher if no Kim/Vika aswell, right? :lol: Or will she already be ahead of the WS for the official Miami seedings? :o

Break My Rapture
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Think Maria will be seeded #10 without the WS, but there's a chance some players ahead of her (like Kim and Vika) might still withdraw. :p

joão.
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
So she'd be in the top 8 seeds :o
I doubt the other two will withdraw anyway...

JamieOwen3
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
my latest horoscope for TODAY everyone

LIBRA
You may be feeling a bit discouraged today and it could be particularly difficult to shake off the negative energy. You might attempt to share a previously hidden story, yet the more you talk, the less you'll be able to remember about your problem. The more you attempt to reconstruct your buried feelings, the more elusive they become. Just relax and don't try to change anything. Your happiness may be waiting around the very next corner

starts perfect!

Sharapovian
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
No Venus and Serena aswell so it'd be like 4 spots higher if no Kim/Vika aswell, right? :lol: Or will she already be ahead of the WS for the official Miami seedings? :o

Oh yeah, forgot about that - well I think Venus is still in the top ten - but will be out after Miami. As for Serena, I have no idea what her ranking will be. :unsure: I heard she would be no.12 but now Maria reached the SF of IW she will be.

Think Maria will be seeded #10 without the WS, but there's a chance some players ahead of her (like Kim and Vika) might still withdraw. :p

Probably, but don't think it will make much of a difference anyway because she would need to be seeded 5-8 I think for it to have an effect :shrug:

Lucas_Arg
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Miami will be great! I can feel it! Also it's my birthday week so I really hope Maria can send me a present.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Miami :cheer:. Can't wait to see her play here :).

Sehrene :sad:.

When will the draw come out? Can we have a draw with no Wozniacki there until the final please :sobbing:.

Loving the Gifs :lol:

perseus2006
Mar 19th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Most likely "Cake Walk" draw for Pova in Miami will include: (with total points)

1R 3026 Bye
2R 3076 Someone nasty!
3R 3106 Someone even nastier!!!
4R 3166 Pova v Vika
QF 3276 Pova v Woz
SF 3476 Pova v Fran
FL 3726 Pova v Vera
FW 4026 Pova v Vera

A reasonable draw. Go, Pova. Five or more matches. Play tennis.

gc-spurs
Mar 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
After the IW that Maria has given me, I'm hoping we'll get to the QFs. Maria, you just raised my expectation bar. A week ago I'd be sweeeeet with a R3.

Lucas_Arg
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Draw will be released tomorrow.
Good luck M.

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Let's get into the spirit :cheer:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+5+9j6dX0XlirZl.jpg

ETA: Thanks Nicky for the photo :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+5+cYvMQyB5QoOl.jpg

:rocker2:

JamieOwen3
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM
^^^^^ :banana:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/81350068.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54832807ABAC84698DA 9FB0491E66788E37860758B54D196DAC

JamieOwen3
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:39 AM
and this one just because :lol: it was from Miami when topspin 2 was released

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1193/1145536144.jpg

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 12:54 AM
http://sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2005/Miami/27.jpg
http://sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2005/Miami/31.jpg
http://sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2005/Miami/52.jpg
http://sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2007/Miami-Sony_Ericsson_Open/373.jpg
http://sharapova.ru/gallery/content/2007/Miami-Sony_Ericsson_Open/370.jpg

:inlove: Cuteness galore.

Crux Squall
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Now maria is #13 and i think she is seed 11 in miami

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:01 AM
Channeling FighterPova. 6:41. :worship:

Tr8OGIdGD0I

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:07 AM
^ :worship:

And nice pics everyone!

Andy.
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Now maria is #13 and i think she is seed 11 in miami
Possibly even 9th if Kim and Vika dont play. Although it will make no different in her draw with either of those seedings.

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Maria will win Miami!

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Just give me a few more days before I remove my depressing sig :d

kimgurl
Mar 20th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Maria will win Miami!

here's a toast to that:yeah:

i think caro didnt play that well:oh:, masha just got too many errors,her double faults were just crazy..her lost yesterday was totally a bummer..she's struggling and obviously its not that easy to bounce back, but she'll be fine..
ajah masha:rocker2:

gc-spurs
Mar 20th, 2011, 03:17 AM
THOSE PICCCCCCCSSSSSSS!!!! Gah!

Mistress of Evil
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:23 AM
the pink dress :drool:

perseus2006
Mar 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Television Schedule:

2011 Sony Ericsson Open

Tennis Channel Times Broadcast

Saturday, March 26 11 am - 12 am Live Women's 3R
Sunday, March 27 11 am - 11:30 pm Live Women's 3R
Monday, March 28 11 am - 11:30 pm Live Women's 4R
Tuesday, March 29 11 am - 11:30 pm Live Women's QF's

Thursday, March 31 7 pm - 9 pm Live Women's SF?
Saturday, April 2 3 pm - 4:30 pm Live Men's Doubles

ESPN2 Times Broadcast

Wednesday, March 30 1 pm - 5 pm Live 7 pm - 11 pm Live Women's QF's
Thursday, March 31 1 pm - 5 pm Live 11 pm - 1 am Delayed Women's SF's
Friday, April 1 1 pm - 3 pm Live 7 pm - 9 pm Live

CBS Sports Times Broadcast

Saturday, April 2 12:30 pm - 3 pm Live Women's Final
Sunday, April 3 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm Live

gc-spurs
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Dammit, tennis has moved into the eastern time zone. Thats gonna be more brutal on me, its like USO. Hopefully no early sessions for Maria. The night ones will be great- a nice start to the day.

The pacific tournaments are the best!

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:33 PM
So someone said the draw was today, but at what time? :scratch:

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM
^ I heard it was Monday (12PM local time) :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
:sobbing: So much confusion.

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
^ Yeah, I've just read it's today now as well :lol:

Apparently it used to be Monday, I keep seeing 12PM as the time?

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Cool. :cheer: That means about 1 hours and 30 minutes left then, right?

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah.

I'm still confused if it's today or tomorrow but guess we'll find out later anyway. :lol:

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I thoughtit was tomorrow.....

Sharapovian
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I guess it is tomorrow then? (12PM local time = 6PM CET).

A lot of confusion :lol:

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah it's probably tomorrow. :p

Mistress of Evil
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
yeah, its definitely tomorrow :)

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM
It's raining where I'm at all day....so I wonder if its raining in IW.

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Yuri. :worship:

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss246/Pietaar/yuri1.gif

:rolls: :sobbing:

Shivank17
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
the draw has to be tomorrow,when the new rankings come out.

pedropt
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:53 PM
:lol: at Yuri

Mistress of Evil
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM

I miss him so much. :sobbing:

Shivank17
Mar 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM

:worship:
I miss Yuri. :sobbing:
I want him back,I think he is a great character and a great morale boost for Maria.:bounce:
But not for the other players though. :rolleyes: but who cares about the others. :lol:

doni1212
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
:lol:
I have to admit...I kind of miss Yuri too, :rolls:

JamieOwen3
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
the first time u see him on that gif it's like he's barking :dog: :happy:

Sp!ffy
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
:lol: I don't blame Maria for wanting him to stay home.

Break My Rapture
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:22 PM
the first time u see him on that gif it's like he's barking :dog: :happy:
MTE. :hysteric:

Lucas_Arg
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I read on MTF it was today.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM
^^It's tomorrow (monday), 11.30 AM local time.

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Which means the draw ceremony should be going on right now. :oh:

shaktincredible
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:00 PM
i wish she will play petkovic in 3R, azarenka or li na instead of jj/stosur in 4R.

then wozniacki in QF.

let's continue the revenge!!!!

NewShoulderPlz.
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Kfish_WTA

Maria Sharapova will face winner of Barrois v Martic #seo2011

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:11 PM
That's not too bad for a second round, it'll probably turn out to be Barrois.

Sharapovian
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:22 PM
That's pretty good, at least she should manage to win a match :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Great second round. :)

Shivank17
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
ya,a win over Barrois/Martic,will get her to No.11,and if Bartoli loses in RD 2,Sharapova's 2nd Round win will get her back into Top 10!! :cheer:

Lucas_Arg
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:48 PM
I don't care about R2 i just wanna see her reaching the final.

Sharapovian
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Based on seedings:

R1: BYE
R2: Barrois/ Martic
R3: Petrova
R4: Stosur
QF: Li
SF: Woz
F: Kim

Hopefully I wrote that down all right :unsure:

madmax
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM
similar draw to IW one - in both strenght and opponents. Let's hope she continues to develop and somehow fixes her serve

s_j
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM
The draw is really similar to IW. Hopefully Maria can win this one. She just needs to play like she did vs Safina and Peng (6-2 2-0) and she's got a great chance. I can see her making the semis at least.

Jack89
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Thats a really good draw for Maria!

Also, Peng Shuai is in Li's section so could be Maria QF opponent again!

Shivank17
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Was there an error? :o
This is a copy paste(almost) of the IW draw. :shrug:
But thats great for Maria! :cheer:

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
Good draw. Take full advantage of it.:)

Lucas_Arg
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM
It's the same draw!
Boringgggggggg

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM
It's the same draw!
Boringgggggggg

Well, she has the same chances to go further.

Crux Squall
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Petrova is dangerous player so i think it's a difficult match for maria

Break My Rapture
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Good draw. Make the most out of it, Maria.

s_j
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed the prize money? Women's champ $700,000 and men's champ $611,000. I'm just a bit surprised...

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
Has anyone else noticed the prize money? Women's champ $700,000 and men's champ $611,000. I'm just a bit surprised...

yep, commentators were talking about that coples of weeks ago and they said it's fine for them because men actually play many more Masters than women etc....

Lucas_Arg
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM

Premier mandatory > Regular MS 1000

Mistress of Evil
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Good draw indeed. :yeah: Semipova occurring is very likely. :drool: Though, I just want her to win the 2r and 3r encounters, everything else is a bonus. :cheer: But as Pieter. said make the most out of it, Masha. :)

Dieter.
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Similar draw to IW. Hopefully she'll have a good run.

Shivank17
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Petrova is dangerous player so i think it's a difficult match for maria

Lol,Petrova is a big choker especially against Maria!!
Maria loves beating Nadia,rather Nadia loves losing to Maria,I think Sharapova has a 8-1 head to head record over Petrova. :bounce::drool:

HCGHolland
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:55 PM
She will winn the top half draw when Caro loses in an early round..

Jack89
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:08 PM
I find it wierd how the womens draw uses the old rankings whereas the mens draw uses the new rankings.

Don't really get why they do that.

JamieOwen3
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
why couldn't caro have li na in the QF? :rolleyes: is kvitova in wozzz's side?

Jack89
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:18 PM
why couldn't caro have li na in the QF? :rolleyes: is kvitova in wozzz's side?

Nope. Kvitova is on the other side of the draw.

Caro got Dani, Petko, Flavia and JJ on her side of the draw.

Sharapovian
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:19 PM
Here's the top half, if you want to see

http://i.imgur.com/3kueM.jpg

perseus2006
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Two things about the draw:

1. The Miami Site said the draw would be at noon Monday and use the March 21 Rankings.
They used the March 7 Rankings. Consequently, Sveta, Seed 11, has the draw that I thought
Pova would have.

2. Regardless of whether Pova is seeded 11 or 16, it is impressive that my predicted draw
was 100% wrong! However, Pova may have to face Woz in the SF if they both survive to that
level.

One other thing to keep in mind: if the top quarter develops according to the seeding, that
QF will be Woz v JJ. If that happens, the odds, in my opinion, are 50-50 that Woz will get
another virtual walkover in the QF.

Sharapovian
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:22 PM
^ Oh yeah I just noticed that :eek:

Wonder why they said they would use March 21st rankings then :confused:

Edit: On twitter someone said because the Qualies draw was made on Sunday, that's why they used March 7th rankings.

And Masha's draw is pretty good anyway.

joão.
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Good luck Maria!

Maria Croft
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
It's another good draw, a little more difficult than the IW draw, but she really should be able to make the QF's.

perseus2006
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
^ Oh yeah I just noticed that :eek:

Wonder why they said they would use March 21st rankings then :confused:

Edit: The Miami points are probably not off thats why :shrug:

And Masha's draw is pretty good anyway.

Pova is Rank #13 on March 21 WTA List, so w/o the WS should be Miami Seed 11.

With 2010 Miami points off, Pova would be Rank #10, so w/o Serenka should be Seed 9.

March 21 Rankings were used for the men, March 7 Rankings for the women.
That's 50% correct - it's Florida - that's better than average!

Sharapovian
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:45 PM
Pova is Rank #13 on March 21 WTA List, so w/o the WS should be Miami Seed 11.

With 2010 Miami points off, Pova would be Rank #10, so w/o Serenka should be Seed 9.

March 21 Rankings were used for the men, March 7 Rankings for the women.
That's 50% correct - it's Florida - that's better than average!

I edited the post again :lol: because I realised even with Miami points on - those seeding would have been different.

and yeah they did use the new rankings for men.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
I edited the post again :lol: because I realised even with Miami points on - those seeding would have been different.

and yeah they did use the new rankings for men.

discrimination :rolleyes:

perseus2006
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:07 PM
discrimination :rolleyes:

Well, on paper at least, no harm is done this time, so maybe enough said on my part about this.

On the other hand: Sam v Li Na in the 4R... hmmm maybe it's a good thing to let Sveta deal
with Li Na! A hot Li Na is tougher than a hot Sam. But then a hot Sveta dominates the WTA.

Let the games begin.

Go, Pova. Play Tennis!

P_Fer
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Good luck Maria! Do some damage :yeah:

perseus2006
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:33 PM
By the way, The thread title sucks.

Please, Please, Please change it to something positive, accurate or, at the very least, hopeful?

Something like: 2011 Miami: Tennis amidst wind, rain, sand and salt on the seashore.
Or, perhaps: 2011 Miami: The emerging Pova contends to equal or better her IW SF!
Or, maybe: 2011 Miami: C'mon Pova! Five more or more! Let's go forward!

The current title is just embarrassing, depressing, negative...

pedropt
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Good draw I guess :cheer:

Vikapower
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM
Cool draw Maria should really make the 1/4 at least... a possible encounter with her pigeon Petrova would be very interesting... GL. :cheer:

Kitten63
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
Good draw,make the most of it Maria :bounce:

claypova
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:20 PM
she drew all her bitches :inlove:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:56 PM
By the way, The thread title sucks.

Please, Please, Please change it to something positive, accurate or, at the very least, hopeful?

Something like: 2011 Miami: Tennis amidst wind, rain, sand and salt on the seashore.
Or, perhaps: 2011 Miami: The emerging Pova contends to equal or better her IW SF!
Or, maybe: 2011 Miami: C'mon Pova! Five more or more! Let's go forward!

The current title is just embarrassing, depressing, negative...

What's negative? Leaving the past behind and moving on is a good thing in my book. :shrug:

Besides, "Jigga what, Jigga who" is one of my fave Jay-Z songs. :o

I'd need for you to give me a Jay-Z record better suited for inspiration, to change the title. And don't come at me with "On to the next one". A play on "Dirt off your shoulder" would be funny, though.

gc-spurs
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:22 PM
omg it is the same draw

Lucas_Arg
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
I agree, the title needs to be changed, the Woz is not even relevant.

Slampova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:51 AM
She really should make the semis and get another go at Caro :shrug:

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:50 AM
In general Rap is nothing more than the rhythm some guys like to wank off to, but Jay Z's "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" is so third grade, trite and poorly constructed it doesn't even measure up to the standards of doggerel! There's not much there to work with. But here's what I could come up with quickly:

1. 2011 Miami: I just whipped up a match, trying to get me a trophy.

2. 2011 Miami: Pova's a hitting homey, you a would be phony.

3. 2011 Miami, Pova's request: Got some dirt on my racquet, could you lick it off for me.

4. 2011 Miami: If you feelin' like a Win Pova, go and brush your racquets off.

5. 2011 Miami: Pova is crazy baby, don't forget that Hogg told you "hit that ball off your racquet".

Now, please change the title (and stop making ridiculous excuses for it in the first place).

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:54 AM
She really should make the semis and get another go at Caro :shrug:

That would be sweet, wouldn't it! I had hoped they could meet in the QF's when Pova would have more energy, but maybe she'll keep her wins to two sets!

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:59 AM
In general Rap is nothing more than the rhythm some guys like to wank off to, but Jay Z's "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" is so third grade, trite and poorly constructed it doesn't even measure up to the standards of doggerel! There's not much there to work with. But here's what I could come up with quickly:

3. 2011 Miami, Pova's request: Got some dirt on my racquet, could you lick it off for me.

5. 2011 Miami: Pova is crazy baby, don't forget that Hogg told you "hit that ball off your racquet".

Now, please change the title (and stop making ridiculous excuses for it in the first place).

I meant the title and not the actual song. :p

Yeah, yeah, I'm hearing y'all. Thinking about a title change as I type. :kiss:

Reptilia
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:07 AM
I would love to see another Petrova beatdown :drool:

Lachy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Let's do this Masha. I love me some purple tennis courts :drool:

Sp!ffy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:17 AM

:lol::lol: Haha, those are clever. :D

Sp!ffy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:22 AM
Omg. So nice of WTA to make back to back cakewalks for Maria. :inlove:

claypova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Omg. So nice of WTA to make back to back cakewalks for Maria. :inlove:

she got back-to-back cakewlaks at Montreal and USO :worship:

Andy.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:00 AM
Lets not get too cocky people. Match by match remember.

Shivank17
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
Lets not get too cocky people. Match by match remember.

+1,if we expect too much now,I am sure Maria will disappoint us,hopefully,by not losing in the 2nd Round. :o
Let's take it match by match,no thinking of Pushniacki,Petrova,Stosur/Safarova,bla bla.

Let's limit it to Sharapova vs Barrois/Martic.

L'Enfant Sauvage
Mar 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
What can her ranking be post-Miami with say, a QF/SF? IW enticed me with a chance for Top 10 again, still not over that :o Also, what realistic rankings can she post up to reach #10 again in the coming months if anyone knows?

s_j
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
The highest Maria can be is #7, but that's with a tournament win and depending on JJ losing in the first round and Vika losing before the semis. So, it would seem that a more realistic highest ranking that Maria can be is #8. If Vika loses early, Maria would need a semi final performance to reach #8. If Maria makes the final it's pretty much a dead cert that she'll be eighth. With all Miami points taken off, Maria is already #10. She's guaranteed a top 10 ranking post-Miami if she does better than Peer and Bartoli, in fact, she's guaranteed #9 (Serena is #9 right now) if she achieves the same rounds or goes further than those two.

Shivank17
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
What can her ranking be post-Miami with say, a QF/SF? IW enticed me with a chance for Top 10 again, still not over that :o Also, what realistic rankings can she post up to reach #10 again in the coming months if anyone knows?

I think a quarter/semis will definitely get her into top 10.
Because ,above her at 12 is Serena,who is just 9 points ahead and Venus will be behind her post Miami,cause she has 700 points to defend and she ain't playing here.
I think a Rnd 4,will be enough to get into top 10. :bounce:

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
it will be so good seeing her name in the top 10 again, it's been too long and i know she'll be there after miami but i can't wait :lol: a long couple of weeks ahead ;)
she should go further at the french open this year than round 3 also :hearts: tough draw to get justine last year and sam has been her bitch so imagine if she had won that 3rd round :lol: we might have seen a maria v serena QF (which serena would probably have won but who knows? :lol:)

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
I don't care about her ranking. All I want is a Miami tittle in her resume :)

doomsday
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I don't care about her ranking. All I want is a Miami tittle in her resume :)

Rankings is alo very important, I'm sick of her getting all players in form in 4th round; now it can change.

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
The 2011 Miami Dream and Scheme Chart.

With 2010 Miami points removed, The players get what they earn at 2011 Miami.

The chart shows the players that Pova can overtake or can overtake her.

Venus and Serenka are not playing. All the other players already have the
5 points for 1R added in under 1R.

As S_J mentioned, The highest Pova can get is #7, provided she wins the
tournament and JJ goes out 3R or before and Vika is not the Finalist.

Peer is just one point behind Pova, so Pova has to atleast match her
performance to maintain that edge. #12 Bartoli to #16 Sveta are all just
approx 300 points behind Pova and could overtake her.

This is an interesting tournament for Pova with high stakes. Let the drama
unfold!

2011 Miami Points Earned By Round
1R 2R 3R 4R QF SF FL FW
5 50 80 140 250 450 700 1000

7 JJ 3910 3955 3985 4045 4155 4355 4605 4905
8 Vika 3475 3520 3550 3610 3720 3920 4170 4470
9 Serenka 3035
10 Pova 3031 3076 3106 3166 3276 3476 3726 4026
11 Peer 3030 3075 3105 3165 3275 3475 3725 4025
12 Bartoli 2790 2835 2865 2925 3035 3235 3485 3785
13 Venus 2765
14 Kanepi 2760 2805 2835 2895 3005 3205 3455 3755
15 Flavia 2730 2775 2805 2865 2975 3175 3425 3725
16 Sveta 2725 2770 2800 2860 2970 3170 3420 3720

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:38 AM
A.which round did peer bartoli and sveta reach last year?
B.why are you calling Serena SerenKa? :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Rankings is alo very important, I'm sick of her getting all players in form in 4th round; now it can change.

It is, but she will reach that top 10 in no matter of time. I just want a Miami tittle in her :)

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
and to answer the question it's because she's

MARIA FUCKING SHARAPOVA!!

doomsday
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
It is, but she will reach that top 10 in no matter of time. I just want a Miami tittle in her :)

SO do I. Plus, she never won Miami so why not this year.:)

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
A.which round did peer bartoli and sveta reach last year?
B.why are you calling Serena SerenKa? :lol:

2010 Miami
3R for Peer.
4R for Sveta, beaten by Bartoli!
SF for Bartoli.

Serenka it is for long ago crimes against humanity: I'm awaiting an apology to Dinara from both Serenka and her father for their appalling, vicious, despiteful, malicious, unsportsmanlike, crass, unnecessary and uncalled for public denegration of Dinara when she was #1 ... and Serenka couldn't even come close to catching her, until Dinara's back problems started.

That shocking and despicable series of attacks on another player by Serenka, supported by Venus and contributed to by her father was the end of the line for any respect I had for Serenka, The WS, the Williams family and their accomplishments.

Serenka may be phenomonal at tennis but, to me, she is a total failure at being a human being, a sportsperson, a role model or a person demonstrating the attributes of a true champion.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Masha plays Thursday night at 7.30! :cheer:

gc-spurs
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Masha plays Thursday night at 7.30! :cheer:

^^^meeeaaaan deal! Thats lunchtime on my day off. A new deal site launched last night... $14 burgers for $1. Thats what I'll be eating then.

p.s. Tim Duncan sprained his ankle. I'm in mourning. Masha needs to be good or I will actually die.

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
^^^meeeaaaan deal! Thats lunchtime on my day off. A new deal site launched last night... $14 burgers for $1. Thats what I'll be eating then.

p.s. Tim Duncan sprained his ankle. I'm in mourning. Masha needs to be good or I will actually die.

It's not that easy to die, but suffer? Feeling the pain? Being in anguish? That's all straight forward!

Mistress of Evil
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thursday is perfect. :inlove: Hope there is a stream. :cheer:
Cannot bring myself to read the troll's BS. :)

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Sorry sorry sorry I'm in a very like fragile mood at the moment, I'm getting pissed off so easily. Hasn't been a good day :sobbing:

claypova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
back to miami, who are her possible R2 opponents? and is she playing on tuesday or wednesday?

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
and to answer the question it's because she's

MARIA FUCKING SHARAPOVA!!

i love how after being cleared up this was left in :banana: :yeah:

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:25 AM
^Thursday Nicky

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lia24z9uZm1qbuptc.gif

God, haven't you been listening.

gc-spurs
back to miami, who are her possible R2 opponents? and is she playing on tuesday or wednesday?

Winner of Kristina Barrois and Petra Martic (WC)on Thursday night.

claypova
:oh: i was too busy stressing about Dokic :[

claypova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Winner of Kristina Barrois and Petra Martic (WC)on Thursday night.

easy :cheer: (but she'll somehow turn this into a painful match to watch) :sobbing:

Lachy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
:oh: ohmy.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
I just checked and I haven't found any livestreams for the match. :tears:

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
there probably won't be live streams for round 2 again :rolleyes: tennis channel starts broadcasting from round 3 don't they?

gc-spurs
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
wait whuttt? No streams for an event this big??? What am I supposed to watch while eating my burger?????

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
wait whuttt? No streams for an event this big??? What am I supposed to watch while eating my burger?????

The scoreboard! :inlove:

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
:hah:

Lachy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Chris live updates point by point for the match again please :o And this time don't disappear for an hour after she loses the 2nd set :facepalm:

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Jesusapprentice,

I fully understand why you are just an apprentice. It is clear in your writing. If you work diligently and study the New Testament assiduously, it may come to pass that you will develop an attribute of Jesus. I doubt it, though, your heart is too small.

You started out in this forum asking if a Pova fan could explain her allure to you. As a long time Pova fan in reasonably good standing in the forum, depending on the day of the month and the reception given the content of my more recent posts, and exceptionably knowledgible about the things you desire to know, I conclude, completely and emphatically, that No! it cannot be explained to you, you do not have the capacity for intellection required to understand Pova's allure.

With your demonstrated limited capacity for intellection combined with a heart that's clearly too small, your chances of being successful in this forum are negligible to non-existent. I suggest you stay in the GM forum and concentrate on threads with titles like "If Pova and Dementieva became a single entity...". Those threads are designed to entertain the stone cold stupid... I mean the intellectually and emotionally challenged. Good luck asshole... apprentice.

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Jesusapprentice,

I fully understand why you are just an apprentice. It is clear in your writing. If you work diligently and study the New Testament assiduously, it may come to pass that you will develop an attribute of Jesus. I doubt it, though, your heart is too small.

You started out in this forum asking if a Pova fan could explain her allure to you. As a long time Pova fan in reasonably good standing in the forum, depending on the day of the month and the reception given the content of my more recent posts, and exceptionably knowledgible about the things you desire to know, I conclude, completely and emphatically, that No! it cannot be explained to you, you do not have the capacity for intellection required to understand Pova's allure.

With your demonstrated limited capacity for intellection combined with a heart that's clearly too small, your chances of being successful in this forum are negligible to non-existent. I suggest you stay in the GM forum and concentrate on threads with titles like "If Pova and Dementieva became a single entity...". Those threads are designed to entertain the stone cold stupid... I mean the intellectually and emotionally challenged. Good luck asshole... apprentice.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lia09rXMQE1qc464n.gif

Nicely said. :worship:

And I know right, NOT A GLEE GIF :aparty:

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Chris live updates point by point for the match again please :o And this time don't disappear for an hour after she loses the 2nd set :facepalm:

Haha I'll try. :facepalm: I was upset and crying, that's why I didn't keep updating you. I wanted you to have a good day and find out when you get home :)

Lachy
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Haha I'll try. :facepalm: I was upset and crying, that's why I didn't keep updating you. I wanted you to have a good day and find out when you get home :)

I thought something had happened to you. After all, you did win the biggest meltdown award :oh:

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
^ I did and I want to win it again :sobbing:

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM
Surely, you are not out of Glee GIFS!?!

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Course not.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lic8rwiByz1qgg2nro1_500.gif

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Jesusapprentice,

:worship: and !!!!!!!! :lol:

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Course not.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lic8rwiByz1qgg2nro1_500.gif

Oh, Thank God! I was breathless there for a moment!

Shafanovic.
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Oh, Thank God! I was breathless there for a moment!

Don't die.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li9zelGAcw1qzmbkb.gif

Shivank17
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Sharapova to play in the night session on Thursday -24th March .

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/pretournament/Partial-Schedule.aspx

As per the 'partial' schedule the 2nd round match between Maria Sharapova and Kristina Barrois/(WC)Petra Martic will be in the Night Session[NB 7:30 PM] on Thursday-24th March. :) :bounce: :drool:

Here is the 'Partial' Schedule-
Wednesday, March 23
Day Session: Juan Martin Del Potro
Evening Session (7:30pm): Dinara Safina
Followed by: James Blake

Thursday, March 24
Day Session: Caroline Wozniacki
Evening Session (7:30pm): Maria Sharapova

Friday, March 25
Day Session: Andy Murray
Day Session: Kim Clijsters
Evening Session (7:30pm): Novak Djokovic
Followed by: Ana Ivanovic

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Jesusapprentice,

ROFL(MFAO) This is the most well written set of english I've ever read on TF... it must have taken you days... :lol: Inspirational for the least...

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 03:51 PM
perseus2006 is so deep :sobbing:. Love him/her :inlove:

Shivank17
Mar 22nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Jesusapprentice,

Woah! :worship: :worship: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
That's like reading a Paulo Coelho! :lol: :haha: :lol:

Sharapovian
Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Jesusapprentice,

Well said. :worship:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/bekkiglittz/GIFs/XFactor/e1cc1df9.gif

Break My Rapture
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Maria's R2 opponent will be Petra Martic, who beat Barrois 75 62. :)

Mistress of Evil
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
not that it mattered which one of them won. :) but this should be really a piece of cake for Masha. :shrug:

trimtrab
Mar 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
VirginMary,
please, change the thread title :) you said you were thinking of a new one - i thought you'd come up with a better one by now.

as for great rap videos - watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4UBDvP5zA

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
VirginMary,
please, change the thread title :) you said you were thinking of a new one - i thought you'd come up with a better one by now.

as for great rap videos - watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4UBDvP5zA

:ras:

Slampova
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:29 PM
I still like the title :shrug:

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
not that it mattered which one of them won. :) but this should be really a piece of cake for Masha. :shrug:

The last time I saw Martic was in Warsaw 2010 1rst rnd. vs. Li who dealt with her very easily... in a normal world Maria SHOULD cruise in that match...

Martic isn't a player that can hit you off the court. So we'll see...

trimtrab
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
oh well. i hoped you'd like the video :rolleyes:

perseus2006
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:13 AM
Ode to Maja

The girl got her back way up between her shoulders.

Angry now, petulent, fists above her shoulders.

Scowling face, glaring eyes, makeup mars her shoulders.

Flashing and gnashing teeth, drooling on her shoulders.

Hair frizzled and tangled, drooping to her shoulders.

Panties with a twist, suspended from her shoulders.

A black tattered dress, with dandruff on her shoulders.

Right heel broke, left sock sags nowhere near her shoulders.

All because the title change rests on her shoulders.

Just change it now and "Get The Dirt Off Your Shoulders"!

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
Ode to Maja

The girl got her back way up between her shoulders.

Angry now, petulent, fists above her shoulders.

Scowling face, glaring eyes, makeup mars her shoulders.

Flashing and gnashing teeth, drooling on her shoulders.

Hair frizzled and tangled, drooping to her shoulders.

Panties with a twist, suspended from her shoulders.

A black tattered dress, with dandruff on her shoulders.

Right heel broke, left sock sags nowhere near her shoulders.

All because the title change rests on her shoulders.

Just change it now and "Get The Dirt Off Your Shoulders"!

:hysteric:

The title will be changed before she plays her first match. :o

Sharapovian
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:27 AM
Don't change the title, remember the AO thread. :[

perseus2006
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Did you enjoy the play on "Get the dirt off your shoulders"?

You gave me the inspiration with:

An image immediately popped into my head, I just described it.

(I don't plan to stop studying or working in favor of writing doggerel, though, which is perhaps even worse than Jay Z's. Certainly no better.)

Izzie.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:26 AM
Idk if anyone posted this but whatever-Miami dress :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/28hzyau.jpg

Crux Squall
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:22 AM
1rd Bye
2rd Martic (have never met)
3rd Petrova ((María leads 8-1)
4rd Stosur (Maria leads 6-0)
Qrd Kuznetsova (María leads 5-4), Li (María leads 5-2), Peng ( Maria leads 2-1 )
SF Jankovic (María leads 5-1), Wozniacki (2-2)
F Clijsters(Kim leads 5-3), Zvonareva (María leads 6-3)

Shivank17
Mar 23rd, 2011, 03:49 AM
@VirginMary-
how about the title be like-
Miami2011-Mission-To Get back into Top 10!! :p

gc-spurs
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:13 AM
How bout...
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/16854220/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/378/height/378/white-taking-my-talents-to-south-beach-t-shirts_design.png

Yeah, fuck you LeBron!!!!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rLszCjVDukA/TE4QTr2_COI/AAAAAAAABqM/CODrWuWwH04/s1600/lebrronbetrayal.jpg

http://www.opposingviews.com/attachments/0007/0803/cavaliers-fans-burn-lebron-james-jersey-d2938d31f250f9b5_large.jpg?1279737435

Maria likes LeBron eh??? Dammnnnnn she has shit taste in bball players.

kimgurl
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:33 AM
How bout...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rLszCjVDukA/TE4QTr2_COI/AAAAAAAABqM/CODrWuWwH04/s1600/lebrronbetrayal.jpg

Maria likes LeBron eh??? Dammnnnnn she has shit taste in bball players.

always read in bball forums that LBJ is somewhat demonic because of this trademark and 666 sign everytime he scores..he's been issued to be illuminati:oh:i dont know, probably his haters had nothing to do or something:haha:

and if masha indeed likes lebron, dang thats:no::armed:
or maybe she likes him as a baller:lol::lol:

gc-spurs
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:42 AM
always read in bball forums that LBJ is somewhat demonic because of this trademark and 666 sign everytime he scores..he's been issued to be illuminati:oh:i dont know, probably his haters had nothing to do or something:haha:

and if masha indeed likes lebron, dang thats:no::armed:
or maybe she likes him as a baller:lol::lol:

Rofl!!!
Well if she lkes him as a baller, that's fail too. Dude has no rings on his finger.

I find it crackup that in the past 10yrs, three guys have had back to back MVP honours but only one of those guys has won a championship (...he's won 4 to be precise). Booooo LeBron, you're losing out to D-Rose this year!

kimgurl
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Rofl!!!
Well if she lkes him as a baller, that's fail too. Dude has no rings on his finger.

I find it crackup that in the past 10yrs, three guys have had back to back MVP honours but only one of those guys has won a championship (...he's won 4 to be precise). Booooo LeBron, you're losing out to D-Rose this year!

yeah agree..

and i agree with u even more on lebron mvp thingy..when he won that title in 2009, maybe im not really in question about it,although for me kobe deserves it..in 2010 he won it again while lot of guys best deserve it.and for me the award should have given to wade(if only heat wasnt eliminated in the first round, he 4 sure won it).. and this year LBJ is still a contender for the title?..WHAT??if D-rose will not win MVP this year dang, i dont know what to say anymore..sorry JAMES but D-Rose and my bulls will win ECF this year(i hope so):lol::lol::lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Don't change the title, remember the AO thread. :[

I think it's OK, if I change it before her first match. Also remember Memphis? I changed the title after every match. :shrug:

gc-spurs
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
Hurry, someone go consult the SS Book of Cosmic Superstitions to clarify!!! But yeah it was alllll g in Memphis.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Suggestion: Pova's got 99 problems, don't let her serve be one!

or is this too negative, again? :rolleyes: :p

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Miami 2011: running the show on the Purple Prestige.

Miami 2011: tyrannizing Crandon Park.

Miami 2011: towering above the Purple Patches.

:cool: :sobbing:

They're horrible, I know.

Shivank17
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
Suggestion: Pova's got 99 problems, don't let her serve be one!

or is this too negative, again? :rolleyes: :p

:lol:

I would say : Pova's got 99 problems,98 are serves. :lol: :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:39 PM
^^They are. :awww: But it's not like I've been able to come up with something better. :tears: :o

JamieOwen3
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
she got 99 problems let's make it none :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Done. :cool:

Sharapovian
Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
I think it's OK, if I change it before her first match. Also remember Memphis? I changed the title after every match. :shrug:

Yeah you can change it which you have done.

I was just being superstitious :rolls:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
New title :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Why the hell is Bernie T losing to Pablo Andujar?

My second tier faves this week. :facepalm:

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
You like Tomic? :speakles:

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Yes of course. :cheer: He's amaze.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
He's not hot, at all. :shrug: Plus, he is nothing special game wise. :)

perseus2006
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
Good effort on the title, Maja.

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Bernie T. :( :fiery:

Another one of my faves gone early.

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Good effort on the title, Maja.

Thank you. :D

Nas & Lauryn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sharapovian
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Davy lost too, to Anderson :eek:

JamieOwen3
Mar 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
does anyone here have top spin 4? if you do is it good? :lol:
i can't buy it for another couple weeks so just about to finish the download of the demo (x box live 4 the first time) :lol:

Lucas_Arg
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
The courts are slow as clay and the bounce is higher.
But no wind.

madmax
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
The courts are slow as clay and the bounce is higher.
But no wind.

sounds like perfect conditions for Maria's game..fingers crossed then

Marilyn Monheaux
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
sounds like perfect conditions for Maria's game..fingers crossed then

Yup. Clay conditions on a hardcourt surface = winning! duh! :cheer:

Sharapovian
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
ORDER OF PLAY - THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2011

STADIUM start 11:00 am
J Tipsarevic (SRB) vs R Haase (NED) - ATP
[4] S Stosur (AUS) vs J Zheng (CHN) - WTA
[1] C Wozniacki (DEN) vs B Mattek-Sands (USA) - WTA
J Chardy (FRA) vs K Nishikori (JPN) - ATP

Not Before 7:30 PM
[WC] P Martic (CRO) vs [16] M Sharapova (RUS) - WTA
[WC] R Harrison (USA) vs [Q] R Schuettler (GER) – ATP

I make that 11:30pm GMT, 12:30am CET.

Break My Rapture
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
Good luck Maria. :hearts:

joão.
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Good luck!

Crux Squall
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Gl maria

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Go Maria :cheer:

Vikapower
Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Night match... Bonne chance Maria.

Sp!ffy
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I cant believe she's playing another match already..:eek:

kimgurl
Mar 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
ajah masha!!!!

goldlion
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Which round does she have to reach to get back to Top 10?

perseus2006
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Goldlion: "Which round does she have to reach to get back to Top 10?"
With 2010 Miami points out of the rankings, she is already #10.

To stay in the Top 10, Pova just has to win the 2R and go deep enough that only one of the players behind her overtake her. See below.

The 2011 Miami Dream and Scheme Chart.
With 2010 Miami points removed, The players get what they earn at 2011 Miami.

The chart shows the players that Pova can overtake or can overtake her.

Venus and Serenka are not playing. All the other players already have the
5 points for 1R added in under 1R.

As S_J mentioned, The highest Pova can get is #7, provided she wins the
tournament and JJ goes out 3R or before and Vika is not the Finalist.

Peer is just one point behind Pova, so Pova has to atleast match her
performance to maintain that edge. #12 Bartoli to #16 Sveta are all just
approx 300 points behind Pova and could overtake her.

This is an interesting tournament for Pova with high stakes. Let the drama
unfold!

2011 Miami Points Earned By Round
1R 2R 3R 4R QF SF FL FW
5 50 80 140 250 450 700 1000

7 JJ 3910 3955 3985 4045 4155 4355 4605 4905
8 Vika 3475 3520 3550 3610 3720 3920 4170 4470
9 Serenka 3035
10 Pova 3031 3076 3106 3166 3276 3476 3726 4026
11 Peer 3030 3075 3105 3165 3275 3475 3725 4025
12 Bartoli 2790 2835 2865 2925 3035 3235 3485 3785
13 Venus 2765
14 Kanepi 2760 2805 2835 2895 3005 3205 3455 3755
15 Flavia 2730 2775 2805 2865 2975 3175 3425 3725
16 Sveta 2725 2770 2800 2860 2970 3170 3420 3720

gc-spurs
Mar 24th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Woot I love perseus2006 points charts. Fail Peer!

Mistress of Evil
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Since there will be no stream :tears: I won't stay up to follow the scoreboard. anyway, good luck, Mashinka :cheer:

SoClose
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
GL Masha!!!

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 24th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I won't stay up either :). I'll watch her match against Petrova on Saturday :cheer:

Maria Croft
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Shouldn't be surprised anymore to see her get the nightmatch :lol:

Hope her SF showing at IW has given her some confidence she can use to get far at this tournament :yeah:

Qetusi
Mar 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Good luck Masha :cheer:
We are with you girl :)

rucolo
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
The draw is really similar to IW. Hopefully Maria can win this one. She just needs to play like she did vs Safina and Peng (6-2 2-0) and she's got a great chance. I can see her making the semis at least.

yeah, so similar draw to IW. :lol:

I will be happy if Maria reaches SF in Miami! :angel:

BuckJaysRock
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM
good luck later today maria

Reptilia
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Top 10 is looking likely, Peer just lost 62 62. To AMG :sobbing:

Jack89
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks AMG! :D

Sharapovian
Mar 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Lol thanks AMG :p

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:08 PM
AMG :spit:. Well done :bigclap:

Qetusi
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks Anabel, well done :p :D

perseus2006
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Anabel did real good! But Sveta is through to the 3R.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I don't mind seeing Sveta and Masha both in the top 10 :shrug:.