PDA

View Full Version : On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

bruce goose
Mar 11th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

DownInAHole
Mar 11th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I don't really have anything to say, I just want to have a peak around the new thread and see how it compares to the others.

Yup, pretty much the same with maybe just a hint more Mexico-ness than most threads.

Burisleif
Mar 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Kids are great... alas they reach 15 at some point in their development. I'm glad to see at least two players have their priorities sorted, and I should probably take note.

I couldn't let my first post here go without saying hello to my favourite TF poster VP whom was kind enough to pop in this morning, whom is no doubt looking for explanations about his own confused explanations regarding Caro's tennis abilities. :)

bruce goose
Mar 11th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Kids are great... alas they reach 15 at some point in their development. I'm glad to see at least two players have their priorities sorted, and I should probably take note.

I couldn't let my first post here go without saying hello to my favourite TF poster VP whom was kind enough to pop in this morning, whom is no doubt looking for explanations about his own confused explanations regarding Caro's tennis abilities. :)"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up:p

Burisleif
Mar 11th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Actually,I don't imagine that I'm any stronger than certain substance addicts are,but I had an early perspective in life while witnessing some addicted males in my own family,so that planted a seed at a very young age....If I were TRULY physically & mentally intoxicated,then I'd be hanging out in the fist pump forum instead of Caro's,wouldn't I??:p

Well As long as one is aware of ones state of mind, and avoids denial, I think all will be ok. The way I see things, Being unchallenged, and not having opportunities and self motivation are far more of a concern.

Boredom is the root of all evil - the despairing refusal to be oneself.–Soren Kierkegaard

Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts. –Soren Kierkegaard

That's why its quite nice to follow a thoroughly sweet and motivated tennis player.

DownInAHole
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I like cake.

Burisleif
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I like cake.

Is that a confession of being a Marion Bartoli fan (not that I condone that reference) or are you leading up to a far deeper reveal of your tennis theories?

backhandsmash
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hmmm...what's this thread about then?

Burisleif
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hmmm...what's this thread about then?

I thread to discuss general non tennis Caro or other mildly Caro related issues, and not clog the main Caro tennis thread with non Caro tennis specific issues. :)

DownInAHole
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Is that a confession of being a Marion Bartoli fan (not that I condone that reference) or are you leading up to a far deeper reveal of your tennis theories?

Nothing to do with Marion. Sadly I find myself ill-equipped to hang on yours and Bruce-Goose's level and the cake reference was the best I could do. But, c'mon, who amongst us does not enjoy a nice, tasty piece of cake?

Burisleif
Mar 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
But, c'mon, who amongst us does not enjoy a nice, tasty piece of cake?

It appears Caroline dose... or are her continual references to loving to bake another one of her wind up episodes? :bdaycake:

bruce goose
Mar 12th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Nothing to do with Marion. Sadly I find myself ill-equipped to hang on yours and Bruce-Goose's level and the cake reference was the best I could do.You're doin' great!!Don't sell yourself short:).The only stipulation--so FAR;)--in this thread is that you can't be a GroupThink practitioner....There's another forum where that's the M.O.;take a wild guess which one THAT is:lol:

Carofan
Mar 12th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I see Sorana Cristea as the biggest treat to Caro. She has everything that everyone loves, but luckily her game sucks for now. Don`t give her any help at all Caro for gods sake. Let Na Li win stuff, Vera, Azaranka....who cares. But not Sorana Cristea and her looks. :D

Carofan
Mar 12th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Ana`s fans think Caro has taken over her personality. Its true. Soon the transformation will be complete. Next is Ana`s forehand Muhahaha.

C. W. Fields
Mar 12th, 2011, 06:47 AM
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.

TennisFan66
Mar 12th, 2011, 08:24 AM
"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up:p

and that would be ENGLISH credentials ;)

DownInAHole
Mar 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ana`s fans think Caro has taken over her personality. Its true. Soon the transformation will be complete. Next is Ana`s forehand Muhahaha.

Now you are making me sad. If Caroline had Ana's forehand she would be nigh unbeatable. I seem to recall in Beijing that Ana was giving Caroline quite a bit of trouble with her forehand.

DownInAHole
Mar 12th, 2011, 11:40 AM
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.

Poor uncle Harold.:sad:

Burisleif
Mar 12th, 2011, 03:28 PM
"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up:p

I'm profoundly sorry, and wish to apologise for such a ridiculously obvious blunder. :o , clearly i should have used 'it'.

and that would be ENGLISH credentials ;)

Or even Angelnish. :)

Burisleif
Mar 12th, 2011, 03:52 PM

:lol: Were did these come from? :)

bruce goose
Mar 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I see Sorana Cristea as the biggest treat to Caro. She has everything that everyone loves, but luckily her game sucks for now. Don`t give her any help at all Caro for gods sake. Let Na Li win stuff, Vera, Azaranka....who cares. But not Sorana Cristea and her looks. :DWell,I think you mean 'threat',because a 'treat' is some sort of special gift or,sometimes,a snack or small pleasure.....Honestly,Sorana is gorgeous but Caro:hearts: isn't exactly chopped liver....If I were forced to choose between a Sorana clone with a mediocre personality and a Caro clone with a nice personality,it wouldn't even be a tough decision.An ethical/personal challenge would be: Whom do you select if forced to decide between a Sorana type with a LOUSY personality...and a Kuzy type with a GREAT personality.We're eliminating adolescent boys from the vote,of course:lol:

bruce goose
Mar 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
and that would be ENGLISH credentials ;)Was just teasing Burisleif because he used to live in the U.K.---and he was deported for offending one of the schoolmasters there

bruce goose
Mar 12th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Now you are making me sad. If Caroline had Ana's forehand she would be nigh unbeatable. I seem to recall in Beijing that Ana was giving Caroline quite a bit of trouble with her forehand.Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.If she says something TODAY,then that's worthless b/c it means that someone ran and told Ana how bad it looked for being so ignorantly,obliviously self-absorbed...and she's trying to do damage control after the fact....However,I'm HOPING that someone has a link which dates to yesterday where Ana speaks on that either right after the match or VERY soon afterwards....Didn't see anything in her post-match comments on the WTA page:o.....I wonder if even her schoolchildren campaign is nothing more than a Limousine Liberal expunging her guilty conscience--cuz she aligns herself,indirectly,with the #1-ranked child murderers on the planet.Will TRY to give her the benefit of the doubt.....I suppose that,if Caro WERE attempting to copy the other girl,then she'd adopt a similar off-court cause,wouldn't she?;)

C. W. Fields
Mar 12th, 2011, 07:01 PM

:lol: Were did these come from? :)

At first I thought it was from the movie Ocean's Thirteen (an oblique reference to Caro's 13 titles). But on closer examination I've discovered I remembered wrong, it's from Ocean's Twelve.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002226/quotes

JadeFox
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.If she says something TODAY,then that's worthless b/c it means that someone ran and told Ana how bad it looked for being so ignorantly,obliviously self-absorbed...and she's trying to do damage control after the fact....However,I'm HOPING that someone has a link which dates to yesterday where Ana speaks on that either right after the match or VERY soon afterwards....Didn't see anything in her post-match comments on the WTA page:o.....I wonder if even her schoolchildren campaign is nothing more than a Limousine Liberal expunging her guilty conscience--cuz she aligns herself,indirectly,with the #1-ranked child murderers on the planet.Will TRY to give her the benefit of the doubt.....I suppose that,if Caro WERE attempting to copy the other girl,then she'd adopt a similar off-court cause,wouldn't she?;)

God what's going on in Japan is so tragic. It's the kind of situation where a person wants to do more than just pray and donate, you know what I mean? :sad:

Really? Ana didn't say anything? She's usually good with that kind of stuff. :o

terjw
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Right now,I'm a little disappointed in Ana for not mentioning one word about the suffering of KDK's people after their match yesterday.

I'm sure she feels distressed at the sufferring and some players are just more naturally outward in expressing their concerns and some are more introvert but feel just the same. I think Ana is very introverted compared to players I like - Caro, Kim and Jelena. And I don't think we really are in a position to judge her on this.

SwissMiss19
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.

DownInAHole
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.

Didn't she have a stomach/abdominal tear?

SwissMiss19
Mar 13th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Didn't she have a stomach/abdominal tear?

I just looked it up to see (on her official website) and nope - no injury was reported. Makarova just wiped the court with her :lol:

“I thought it was tough match,” said Ana. “She played extremely well. She didn't give me much.

“I really tried my best out there today. A few points here and there decided it. And I created enough chances for myself in that second set in particular, but couldn't convert them.

“It was just a little bit of footwork lacking towards the end of that third set and that was pretty much what decided it.”

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/makarova-stuns-ana

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Summery of Player tweets re Japan HERE (http://tennisnakama.com/blog/2011/03/11/tennis-players-sent-prayers-to-japans-earthquake/)

DownInAHole
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:26 AM
I just looked it up to see (on her official website) and nope - no injury was reported. Makarova just wiped the court with her :lol:

“I thought it was tough match,” said Ana. “She played extremely well. She didn't give me much.

“I really tried my best out there today. A few points here and there decided it. And I created enough chances for myself in that second set in particular, but couldn't convert them.

“It was just a little bit of footwork lacking towards the end of that third set and that was pretty much what decided it.”

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/makarova-stuns-ana

Hmm, she did withdraw from the Hopman Cup due to an abdominal strain:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/injury-enforces-hopman-cup-withdrawal

then she played Australia and lost early. After that she withdrew from Doha due to the abdominal injury:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/doha-withdrawal

It seems possible that she may not have been at 100% for that loss to Makarova.

Where is Bruce-Goose? He is the resident Ivanovic expert.

bruce goose
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Hmm, she did withdraw from the Hopman Cup due to an abdominal strain:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/injury-enforces-hopman-cup-withdrawal

then she played Australia and lost early. After that she withdrew from Doha due to the abdominal injury:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/news/doha-withdrawal

It seems possible that she may not have been at 100% for that loss to Makarova.

Where is Bruce-Goose? He is the resident Ivanovic expert.That's a very generous description from you,thanks...was with my gf,actually,as weekends are our only hours together.Ana admitted that she wasn't injured for the Makarova match--she only offered that her match stamina was weak from lack of play.

On a broader level,the Ana-haters are off base when they accuse her of being a complete phony...or say that she fist pumps in order to annoy or disrespect her opponents....She has some genuinely-nice,likable qualities

....On the other hand,many of her fans are WAYYYY off track when they portray Ana as some sugar-sweet,pristine,virginal type.Some of her indiscretions are obvious to anyone with an iota of common sense...and she also has a very shallow side to her personality and can be extremely self-absorbed in her own little make-believe world.A few coaches have been punished(fired) for daring to be her messenger of bad news...and she appears to be almost completely lacking in deeper wisdom,partly due to her ice-cream-purchaser parents who didn't feel that teaching values or life principles was part of their responsibility.

In contrast,even a few moderate haters--the ones who only loathe her playing style--are impressed with how well Caro has handled the pressure of being #1...and with the character that she has demonstrated.....FARRRRR superior to what the Serb gal showed.Seriously,if the two were in a room together and you didn't know their ages,would you ever guess that Caro was the one almost 3 years younger???

CWTennis
Mar 13th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells! :eek:

:help:

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!

He seems angry I wonder what happened there...:confused:

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought

C. W. Fields
Mar 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
On the concept of irony; Caro lost the GM poll before the Stephens match!

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!

Sounds like a Günther Parche in the making! :weirdo: Take care of yourself, Caro!

terjw
Mar 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
On a broader level,the Ana-haters are off base when they accuse her of being a complete phony...or say that she fist pumps in order to annoy or disrespect her opponents....She has some genuinely-nice,likable qualities

Well with you being an Ana fan here I might as well clear the air with my views on Ana and my other favs and their fans. I don't want to get into an argument but just state my view. There's really only a couple of things I don't like what she does.

And yes - the over the top fist pump in your face is one of them. No I don't think she does it deliberately to annoy players but I do think it's very annoying to other players - not just JJ. Sam Smith thinks that as well. So when I say I loved JJ's fist pump impersonation to her camp at the end of her match last year (and not at Ana) - that really made the Ana fans hate me. Pretty much anyone who thinks that Ana's fist pumps are not annoying to anyone other than JJ and who actually doesn't call JJ classless is a hypocrite according to them.

The other thing is Fed Cup. Not too happy with Ana on this. It's the one time when she's playing I really root for her and I once even posted in her player's forum wanting her to do well. All my favs - it means so much to play for thir country to them. And all my favs have been left on their own although with Caro it's not that there is another top player who has pulled outsnd decided they don't want to play. I'd have really loved to see both Ana and JJ doing well at FC. So no. I'm not happy with Ana when she pulls out or doesn't seemingly try. Yes JJ did it this time as well - but this was the exception.

Apart from that and the Montreal incident (where I can see both her point of view and the Montreal tournament director's) - I won't be a fan of hers but I really don't say anything. I certainly don't go in her results threads.

The only other thing on Ana herself is that if JJ plays Ana and wallops her - that would give me lots of pleasure but if Ana should beat JJ - that would hurt. Very few posters are fans of both Ana and JJ. There are one ot two - but not many.

Oh and my favourite Ana fan is Cp6uja (apart from you). Defends Ana to the death, and not the best of English. Sometimes digs himself in a hole and refuses to let it go and gets into pointless arguments But I really like him.

On my favs fans:

JJ fans - well some of them are really sad the way they try to make fun of Caro and bash her. They think JJ will trash Caro. One highly respected JJ fan last year who posted a lot and was so overly critical of JJ last year that he doesn't post any more stated JJ didn't have a chance against Caro and they were silent for a bit because that poster was respected. But when JJ was playing Caro at Dubai - they were really cocky going on about how she was crushing the pusher. Of course their joy turned to horror when Caro actually won the 1st set and the match. :lol: And of course then they were going on about JJ choked. Nothing to do with how Caro played.

Some Kim's fans on GM have no respect for Caro. It's all Kim and Caro is nowhere. Only reason the pusher is up there is that she plays a lot. Kim's fans in her forum (although I don't go there much now) do have a lot of respect for Caro though.

DownInAHole
Mar 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yeah, the fist pumps and ajde's from Ana do kind of drive me nuts. I could be wrong but it seems like once she went into her slump she started doing them much more often, she has stretches in matches where she does it after nearly every point she wins! Generally, I think that when she does it a lot that means she has very low confidence and will probably lose the match.

Kviotova's "yelps" after she wins a point also are very annoying. They don't appear to be related to her hitting shots, she just gets excited after she wins points and lets out a little yelp/screech.

To be fair I also don't like Caroline's "come on" and fist pump when she gets a point from an unforced error. I did get a tiny bit (very tiny) of grief from some Caroline fans for saying as much but if I think it's wrong when Ana does her fist pumps it would be hypocritical of me not to think the same when Caroline does her "come on." In both cases I wouldn't mind if it was off a great shot or a crucial point to win a game but when it's 15-0 I think it's a little unnecessary to show too much emotion.

DownInAHole
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:04 AM
That twitter "fan" does seem very overzealous. Anytime someone is writing stuff that seems like gibberish it is cause for concern. I have no idea what the security is like at Indian Wells but one would hope that after what happened to Monica that proper precautions are being taken and Caroline is safe. Hopefully there is someone on Caroline's team that is monitoring the situation and looking out for this individual. From those tweets it seems like there may have been some kind of confrontation so she is probably in no danger.

stangtennis
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm 100% sure this twitter weirdo had another similar account before. I have read several weird comments exactly like this last month. First this other account was "stalking" some other semi-celebrity, an actress IIRC and then started tweeting all kind of weird messages to Caro instead.
The avatar looks very similar to that other account which probably got banned by Caro.

He was angry and very weird before IW too. His other account was exactly the same, constantly tweeting weird and nasty things to Caro and before that that actress.

Carofan
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
"She is a mix of glamor, happiness and everything we could wish for. We're very lucky, and Denmark are very fortunate country to have a player like her," says Laura Ceccarelli, supervisor of the WTA.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/tennis/article.php/id-37894635:wozniacki-er-alt-man-kan-%C3%B8nske-sig.html

Carofan
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought (http://twitter.com/#%21/RulesOfThought)

Its just as creepy we follow Caro`s every move and discuss her in this forum. We are all stalking her.

DownInAHole
Mar 13th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Its just as creepy we follow Caro`s every move and discuss her in this forum. We are all stalking her.

I like to think that we are avid followers. Those tweets look like they came from an obsessed fanatic. Surely you can see the difference?

If my posts ever start to resemble those tweets someone please let me know!

CWTennis
Mar 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I have no idea what the security is like at Indian Wells but one would hope that after what happened to Monica that proper precautions are being taken and Caroline is safe. Hopefully there is someone on Caroline's team that is monitoring the situation and looking out for this individual.
I hope too! Cause we all know that type of obsession can lead to dangerous consequences.:sad: So hopefully she's safe!
I like to think that we are avid followers. Those tweets look like they came from an obsessed fanatic. Surely you can see the difference?

This!

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
On the concept of irony; Caro lost the GM poll before the Stephens match!

Sounds like a Günther Parche in the making! :weirdo: Take care of yourself, Caro!

Considering the only person following 'Rulesofthough' is Caro, one hopefully assumes that she and her team are aware of the guy, and that Twitter, the WTA, etc are in full swing with dealing with him?

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM

TF need to take note... Its one thing for her fans following her every move (slightly creepy if it involves what she deems private)... What excuse do her TF haters have? Irrational devotion to any celebrity can seemingly turn to hate for another if only because your chosen favourite is under performing... That is neither normal nor human nature.

"needs to be more aggressive" a universal solution to all problems in the minds of some.

TennisFan66
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
TF need to take note... Its one thing for her fans following her every move (slightly creepy if it involves what she deems private)... What excuse do her TF haters have? Irrational devotion to any celebrity can seemingly turn to hate for another if only because your chosen favourite is under performing... That is neither normal nor human nature.

"needs to be more aggressive" a universal solution to all problems in the minds of some.

Hmmmmm contrary I am of the opinion it is very normal and human nature. I also have 1,000s of years of human history to back me up ;)

terjw
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM

Well I think it's easy to distinguish 3 categories:

Us Caro fans - and I am interested in anything tennis-wise plus anything non-tennis and on a personal level about her that she chooses to tell us about. And yes I can even get annoyed with her during a match when things don't go right. And there's absolutely nothing creepy about that. Caro herself is always appreciative of her fans.
Then there's a few rather creepy type of poster who have an obsession with Caro to be in every thread with some hate on her. I don't like that and cannot imagine what goes on in theier mind. But there's no reason for Caro herself to know or have anything to do with them. And I don't actually fear for Caro from these posters who just type their hate on a tennis forum which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. I think they are harmless really.
And then there's this RulesOfThought with these personal messages. This is something different. I really hope the authorities are dealing with this and taking it very seriously. I'm sure thay are. This is another level and he has to be watched if he's getting into tournaments.

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Hmmmmm contrary I am of the opinion it is very normal and human nature. I also have 1,000s of years of human history to back me up ;)

That would depend on your definition of human? we can all act like Homo Sapiens but our humanity supposedly separates us from our animal tendencies. :shrug:

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Well I think it's easy to distinguish 3 categories:

Us Caro fans - and I am interested in anything tennis-wise plus anything non-tennis and on a personal level about her that she chooses to tell us about. And yes I can even get annoyed with her during a match when things don't go right. And there's absolutely nothing creepy about that. Caro herself is always appreciative of her fans.
Then there's a few rather creepy type of poster who have an obsession with Caro to be in every thread with some hate on her. I don't like that and cannot imagine what goes on in theier mind. But there's no reason for Caro herself to know or have anything to do with them. And I don't actually fear for Caro from these posters who just type their hate on a tennis forum which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. I think they are harmless really.
And then there's this RulesOfThought with these personal messages. This is something different. I really hope the authorities are dealing with this and taking it very seriously. I'm sure thay are. This is another level and he has to be watched if he's getting into tournaments.

Sadly I wouldn't put it past a few of the category two's to find the category three quite amusing, and revel at the prospects of what if. There is no clearly defined standard of acceptable behaviour enforced here on TF that I can see. :shrug:

bruce goose
Mar 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Well,even before Burisleif pushed me to start one,I thought that this bunch had great potential for an off-topic thread,yet you all have exceeded my expectations:worship:.A few more thoughts before I take off for some Sunday activities:

The BNP website is guilty of offering a false promo in putting up,"Andrea Petkovic will be blogging throughout the tournament." Ummmm...no she won't---this is a JOINT event where young,glamorous,athletic men will be in large numbers...which means that almost every moment of the ULTRA-horny Andrea's freetime will be spent trying to round up guys' private cell numbers for a discreet hook-up.The tourney is just about halfway over and Petko has blogged ONCE,not 'throughout the tournament':haha:.It's only a matter of time before she wakes up in some ATP guy's hotel room(and can't remember which one it is since he'll be gone),looks at her watch and says to herself,"Damn!:eek:I'm late for my match!:bolt:"....Naturally,the WTA will cover for her by concocting some medical excuse for the default...something like 'Mad Rabbit Disease'.I actually don't dislike Petkovic at all;she's got some charming qualities at times but...come on,Andrea,you're 23 now,you should've graduated from puberty a while ago,and STDs are a very legitimate threat....Maybe you could just settle on ONE bf and add a crucial element of emotional stability to your life...Just a suggestion:angel:

TennisFan66
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Sadly I wouldn't put it past a few of the category two's to find the category three quite amusing, and revel at the prospects of what if. There is no clearly defined standard of acceptable behaviour enforced here on TF that I can see. :shrug:

Actually, you have a point there. As most of you probably know, Eastbourne is a very 'initimate' tournament, where spectators are allowed to walk literally next to the tennis stars. On of them, I think it was either the Slutiana thing or the equally creepy Sammy01 who was at Eastbourne and victoriously posted in GM, how he had stared at Caro and she had looked back and blah blah and noone wanted to give in on the evil stare... Knowing the Caro hate running in those twos blood (again it was just one of them postsing) the step from internet hater 2 to real life pscho stalker 3 probably isn't very far.

gdmirou
Mar 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought (http://twitter.com/#%21/RulesOfThought)

Good grief, this is scary!:help:

CWTennis
Mar 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Good grief, this is scary!:help:
Yes it is :sad:

luciahoff (http://twitter.com/#!/luciahoff)
@alfsunde (http://twitter.com/#!/alfsunde) caro looks great shape,lost same weight,but looked solid,muscular,working extremely hard.she hs a worried look on face though

Poor Caro! I hope all this will not affect her performance in this tournament!

FormerlyKnownAs
Mar 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore, so someone has done something about it.

By the way, maybe this conceptionaly ironic thread, should go the whole ironic hog and change its name too General Mess Lite. ;)

stangtennis
Mar 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore,
Sure it does, I just clicked the link and it still works fine.

terjw
Mar 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore, so someone has done something about it.

By the way, maybe this conceptionaly ironic thread, should go the whole ironic hog and change its name too General Mess Lite. ;)

Yes - I think a shorter simpler sounding title like General Chat or Mutterrings or something would be better.

FormerlyKnownAs
Mar 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Sure it does, I just clicked the link and it still works fine.

Your right, before it said the "does not excist" thing, must have been a temp hickup in me browser.

But I wish someone does something about the Psycho. Think if he /it is not just running around in his head, but also in the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!

Burisleif
Mar 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM

I hope you realise the irony of your request? :) It is what it is, you know what it is, so it is.

FormerlyKnownAs
Mar 14th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I hope you realize the irony of your request? :) It is what it is, you know what it is, so it is.

Of course the "request"comment was wryly ironic!! and really I was only trying to be ironically humorous.

I wish the thread and all that sail in her , well. Really.

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Actually, you have a point there. As most of you probably know, Eastbourne is a very 'initimate' tournament, where spectators are allowed to walk literally next to the tennis stars. On of them, I think it was either the Slutiana thing or the equally creepy Sammy01 who was at Eastbourne and victoriously posted in GM, how he had stared at Caro and she had looked back and blah blah and noone wanted to give in on the evil stare... Knowing the Caro hate running in those twos blood (again it was just one of them postsing) the step from internet hater 2 to real life pscho stalker 3 probably isn't very far.

I would very much appreciate if you could find those posts.,, I'm a very passive person, but I will not tolerate a bully.I strongly suspect that Sammy01 is full of bravado and was revealing his fantasies of manhood and how he would of could of behaved.

I really enjoyed watching Caro at Eastbourne, But suspect that I may have been arrested had i witnessed such behaviour.

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Quotes of the day:

The irony:

she's [Maria Sharapova] hitting less winners than wozniacki that's what pisses me off!!! it's been over 2 hours and she's hit less than 10 winners im possitive of that

The low life racist:

(aka Delicate cutter) Jesus! I don't know how I can get through this third set. :sobbing: Why won't Anabel go die in some desert somewhere trying to cross the border? :sad:

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Quotes of the day:

The low life racist:.....And an inbred dumb-ass at that!When you don't know the difference between Spain and Mexico,it's time to go to the clinic and get yourself sterilized so that your inferior DNA can't get passed on to future generations:lol:

Btw,if a majority of you are truly perturbed by the title,then I'll at least consider changing it...no promises,merely a commitment to contemplate:angel:

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:03 AM
.....And an inbred dumb-ass at that! When you don't know the difference between Spain and Mexico,it's time to go to the clinic and get yourself sterilized so that your inferior DNA can't get passed on to future generations:lol:

Indeed, and whats more the armhole fly's an English flag... Racist in disguise. He should have been perma-baned after his previous comments. I have only reported him five times. Ryan...

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:24 AM
This is NOT meant as a slap at Sharapova in any way,but I've noticed that the most glamorous players tend to attract the lowest-caliber followers in larger numbers than others do.I'll admit that it's no scientific law,yet my personal experience has shown that to be the case.I can't recall ever having too many big problems with fans of the less-attractive stars like Henin,Mauresmo or Sveta....It might be oversimplifying a bit,but I figure people are Kuzy fans because of her TENNIS,not b/c it's the stylish or trendy thing to do.If you ignore all the beauty queens and cheer for Sveta,Amelie(back when she played) or Justine,it's cuz you appreciate the SPORT...it's not for near-mindless,superficial reasons.On the other hand,Masha and Ana often attract the sort of people who are so inferior that the Borg wouldn't even assimilate them as drones since they'd have nothing useful to offer:lol:

Sorry for the sci-fi geek reference,folks:p...but be warned!!Caro is pretty enough that,if she starts winning slams,we'll gradually get more and more zeroes in the forum........so let's enjoy this fanship in its days of innocence

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:30 AM
More Qoutes of the day:

Caro vs JJ

The Vile:

Keep that up, Jejo. Violate her.

The shallow:

if she loses i'll not show my head in the gm thread.. i hate caro and her fans

Maybe I am slightly BMS, I have logged so many lovely quotes...

SwissMiss19
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:31 AM
^^ I really appreciate your most, bruce goose :D RIght now we are like a real fan group because we have so many laughs and truly love Caroline as tennis player as well as a person. :)

THere is a woman at a tennis center I go to and she hates Maria. So during the times they are showing her on TV I root for her just to bug her :P hehehe :lol:

SwissMiss19
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:35 AM
More Qoutes of the day:

Caro vs JJ

The Vile:

The shallow:

Maybe I am slightly BMS, I have logged so many lovely quotes...

This just shows how ignorant and narcissistic people can be to one another. It really makes me angry that the stupid person that says they hate her and her fans is a ridiculous comment. How can you say that to someone (in this case millions) that you have never even met?

It's just like I can't talk about Serena and Venus because people jump down my throat because I don't like her. I'm not a racist person at all and yet when I say I don't like them at all (on or off court) people make quick judgments about me. I feel the same way about Vania King because I met her at Cincy and she's a b**ch. She's really snarky to other people and she always has an arrogant look on her face :roll:

So please...let's not re-quote posts from other idiots that are too judgmental. I don't go to any other part of this forum besides here because, in all honesty, here are the nicest people I want to speak to and socialize with.

End of story.

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:50 AM
More Qoutes of the day:

Maybe I am slightly BMS, I have logged so many lovely quotes...You can do whatever you like,of course,but I think you have the wrong approach when you post the comments of desperately-lonely,lowlife losers: You're just giving them the attention they crave so badly....If you have some that are ridiculously,stupidly bad,like the one with Mr.Geography who doesn't know the difference between Mexico and Spain,then we can get a laugh out of those...otherwise,the best treatment for babbling idiots,IMO,is to ignore them and render them as irrelevant as their low intellect is

@Swiss Miss(and Terjw also): Thanks for the kind words;they stand in stark contrast to what I've gotten in other forums where the posters would strongly disagree with you;)

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
@Bruce...

I think its a small minority of generally floating fans... some are more sophisticated in their abuse... some are reachable with reason...

If we ever have supporters like these in the Caro forums... I will have no hesitation of telling them where to go...

An before it gets mentioned... no I don't find Kman to be such a poster, He might be less than diplomatic, but I'm yet to see a post thats offensive (prove me wrong) and I will never accept the ethos that Caro fans are the cause of comments like those above. :)

TF needs to clean its self of the people that are unable to discuss tennis in a normal way... the occasional emotional expletive is one thing, but relentless trolling, or general racist abuse is just so 1943.

I don't remember Caro drawing any cartoons....

I'm not a fan of a few players, I 'm not really a fan of players that vocalise after they hit their shots... Any mono strategic power game, But i can't see myself posting in their forum or posting anything other than tennis in any related thread.

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 03:01 AM
You can do whatever you like,of course,but I think you have the wrong approach when you post the comments of desperately-lonely,lowlife losers: You're just giving them the attention they crave so badly....If you have some that are ridiculously,stupidly bad,like the one with Mr.Geography who doesn't know the difference between Mexico and Spain,then we can get a laugh out of those...otherwise,the best treatment for babbling idiots,IMO,is to ignore them and render them as irrelevant as their low intellect is

Maybe... I don't like bullies and racists... I will report them. I will await a reply. The law is clear, the site owners have responsibilities under law, and the penalties are clear. :shrug:

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Maybe... I don't like bullies and racists... I will report them. I will await a reply. The law is clear, the site owners have responsibilities under law, and the penalties are clear. :shrug:No,you misunderstood me slightly: I didn't mean that you couldn't report unethical people to the site owners,I just meant that you shouldn't give the louts any glory by copying their posts in open forum,IMO.Of course,their 'glory' is nothing to brag about....My approach is the same as one would use towards a snotty 3-year-old who called everyone a 'poopoo head'.You'll let his/her parents(the mods)take him/her behind the woodshed when necessary,but you don't grant any public credibility to the brat's inane rantings

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 03:35 AM
:lol: Well it they want to put the fact of being quoted in a Kierkegaard irony thread on their CV... I like the irony... If the UID rings a bell the next time a Caro fan debates in GM...

Burisleif
Mar 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM
So please...let's not re-quote posts from other idiots that are too judgmental. I don't go to any other part of this forum besides here because, in all honesty, here are the nicest people I want to speak to and socialize with.

End of story.

Wow... feel free to tell us about players you meet... :)

At your request... Quote of the Month... :devil:

There are a handful of nasty ringleaders who are longstanding and assimilated TF assets. That isn't acceptable.

But yes I will differ to more positive subjects... :)

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Speaking of those more positive topics,I have some news that might be a revelation for those of you who aren't overly familiar with latinoamerica: Those Latino Muzzle Kisses(LMK) that you may have seen on our telenovelas(other cultures show mostly minor-league facsimiles in their TV shows and movies)...the ones where the hot mujer latina is going off on a rant...and then blissfully surrenders when her lips are smothered in mid-speech...well,that isn't just absurd artistic license.Latina women,at least our Mexican gals,really DO enjoy such kisses....Though I haven't done a scientific sampling of all our latino neighbors,I'd be shocked if there were any significant difference amongst Argentine,Venezuelan,Costa Rican(etc.)ladies.

Keep in mind that the LMK shouldn't be leaned on as a crutch by every transgressing male,but it CAN be a wonderful way to end an argument:devil:.It's not necessary to wait for a fight,either;there's a variation we use when the woman is babbling distractedly and not paying attention.I spring that one on my gf sometimes when we're walking at the mall,e.g.:

Karina: My sister saw those shoes in the catalog yester---MMMMMPHHH!!!
Yours Truly: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
Karina: :drool:mmmmmmmmmm

Anyhow,maybe Caro will get an LMK someday(if she hasn't already;))...just hope it comes from someone less scummy than Verdasco:lol:

Carofan
Mar 14th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I would be more worried about a hater that wrote Caro about how much she ruined womans tennis, its her fault that his favorites don`t win tournaments ect. I would be more worried about someone with the motives of saving the tour, that he would do everyone a favor, save the sport, his favorites would now win all tournaments ect, like the person stabbing Seles motives.

And about saving the tour comment thats been posted over and over in GM for over two years now. Thats not gonna make Ivanovic and Sharapova win matches or bring back Henin, Vaidisova, Golivin and the William sisters. Unless you believe Caro has the power of witchcraft. Then why don`t she just put some frog sweat and lizard breath in their water and beat them?

No. Caro is a masochist who enjoys getting questions why she haven`t won a slam.

C. W. Fields
Mar 14th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe Caro needs to start scratching her butt to become a 'true' #1!?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372159

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Maybe Caro needs to start scratching her butt to become a 'true' #1!?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372159Can only imagine what kind of ridicule Caro would face with such a habit....That link reminded me of a pro wrestler who insulted his opponent by saying that he was so dumb that he brushed his teeth with Preparation H instead of toothpaste and couldn't figure out why his gums were shrinking

JadeFox
Mar 14th, 2011, 09:22 AM
As a Sharapova fan I just want to punch that person. Seriously, the ignorance that can be found on the Internet never fails to shock me. Why it doesn't, I don't know. I should be used to it by now.

As for Caro, she does seem to be in an interesting limbo in terms of fandom and image. On the one hand her base seems to be increasing in general if her rapidly increasing number of Twitter followers is an indication.

But on the other hand, she's not getting the kind of hype or praise that usually accompanies a young player like her who's achieved a lot. People would say it's because she hasn't won a Slam yet despite her number one ranking. I disagree, I don't think that's the whole story. I think the reason for the lack of general hype is simple: Tennis fans, the hardcore and the casual, have seen the "Pretty Glamor Tennis Girl" image before. Thanks to Sharapova, Ivanovic, and the prototype that is Anna Kournikova, the idea of a pretty girl who can play decent tennis is no longer a novel concept.

If Caroline wants the popularity, which I think she does, then she's gonna have to do one thing that's not as easy as it seems: Win. Win a lot. Win big titles. Prove to the skeptics that she's not just the cute it girl of the moment. That will be the crutch that increases her fanbase.

Of course us Caro fans who liked her long before those bandwagoners will have every right to be smug, given that we liked her long before then. :p

SwissMiss19
Mar 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Wow... feel free to tell us about players you meet... :)

At your request... Quote of the Month... :devil:

There are a handful of nasty ringleaders who are longstanding and assimilated TF assets. That isn't acceptable.

But yes I will differ to more positive subjects... :)

Sure :D I even got to meet Caroline and Maria Jose at Cincy. THey are both the sweetest people you can imagine :) So is Dolgopolov, Blake, Isner, Querry, Federer, Kirilenko, Peer, Dhulgeru (never been able to spell her name :lol: ), Kleybenova (though shy), Ferrer, Wickmayer, Clijsters, Cibulkova, Schiavone, Pennetta...just to name a few :lol:

I'm sure there are. But like I said, those people are just narrow-minded idiots that would rather pick a fight than learn anything. We are smarter than that :)

bruce goose
Mar 14th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Maybe some of you hard-core Makiri fans--I'm only a casual supporter of hers--could comment more authoritatively....but she's played this year as if she wanted to follow the same path of domestication as her fellow Russian Elena D.;her on-court play has looked very uninspired as if her heart wasn't in it.Don't know what kind of plans she has with Andreev,but I'd consider him a pure,uncut moron if he chose to 'play the field'....Seriously,he doesn't think he'll ever do any better,does he(?)...than to have such a sweet,blindingly beautiful,devoted gal.Last year at RG,a reporter asked Maria to name which ATP players she thought were sexy...and she REFUSED to praise any other man besides her bf cuz she didn't wanna be linked with anyone else in the press.Like I said,Andreev is the quintessential retard,IMO,if he messes THIS one up

SwissMiss19
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hahaha :lol: That's true, but I don't see him as the guy to walk in the ladies lockeroom :P They actually look a but like each other and other players have said they are a cute couple :)

Igor made an amazing statement against the Fedster last night but the king was too much for him :p Igor has such a heavy ball :O

bruce goose
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Btw,I have a sort of contest with my friend where we rate the hottest QF octets for each WTA season....We even went back into the archives and selected the 'champs' for every year starting from 2000 leading up to 2007(which is when we first met and eventually began doing our tabulations).Naturally,we can only offer limited praise when one of the QF'ists is cute-yet-underaged(though that scenario has rarely happened),and there's also a Bad Apple Axiom in play...which means that a tournament is ineligible for competition if there are 7 Sorana Cirstea-types...and the 8th QF'ist is,say,Jill Craybas.....Yeah,the ratings are subjective but we are reasonably confident that our Judge's Eyes are fair and just:angel:....G'night All!!!:wavey:

Carofan
Mar 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Jeg er træt af Anders Breinholt altid skal sende en sviner mod Caroline så snart der er mulighed. Der var overhovedet ingen satire vinkel i går I Natholdet, men 100% had mod Caroline. En masse sjove indslag, og så pludselig, se her Caroline spiller mod diktator, godt gået miss sunshine!

wtf?

DownInAHole
Mar 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Jeg er træt af Anders Breinholt altid skal sende en sviner mod Caroline så snart der er mulighed. Der var overhovedet ingen satire vinkel i går I Natholdet, men 100% had mod Caroline. En masse sjove indslag, og så pludselig, se her Caroline spiller mod diktator, godt gået miss sunshine!

wtf?

I just don't understand why it is a big deal now nearly four months after the match took place. Was this a secret from the Danes until now? If Caroline did such a terrible thing why wait four months to condemn her for it?

C. W. Fields
Mar 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I just don't understand why it is a big deal now nearly four months after the match took place. Was this a secret from the Danes until now? If Caroline did such a terrible thing why wait four months to condemn her for it?

Because it's politically expedient to do it now. With the election moving closer the politicians need to look holy for the public.

TennisFan66
Mar 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Because it's politically expedient to do it now. With the election moving closer the politicians need to look holy for the public.

Ridiculous beyond belief. And a strange combo. A socialist and a Liberal (Liberals in Denmark are to the right of the Conservatives) ganging up on Caroline to get some cheap votes from the envious brigade. Pathetic.

What's gonna happen if Denmark draws Belarus in football, handball, any sport? .. Belarus is also in this song contest thingy. BOYCUTTTTTTT.

To the best of my knowledge there's not trade embargo against Belarus. No UN or local Danish laws, which prevents contact with Belarus on neither a trade nor sporting level. If those two politicians are so concerned about other state leaders and how a country is run, I'd suggest to have a look at .... China or any of those oilrich countries in the middle east. But naturally they won't. Cheap attempt at fishing for votes from people who envy Caroline her success. Pathetic. I am familiar with the 'Jantelov' concept and its a most unattractive trait among Danish people.

TennisFan66
Mar 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Voting. Who's hottest. Sharapova or Caro ..

http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/brackets-2011/round-of-64/maria-sharapova-vs-caroline-wozniacki

Hand on heart, Caro. Then again, I've never understood the interest in the stick insect (no disrespect to Masha fans on this forum), but to me, she's reminds me of a stick insect. Also, I was/is an Anna K man .. Now she's HOT... and still is. Hottest ever female tennis player imho. Or should that be, in my humble taste. IMHT

DownInAHole
Mar 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM

I'm probably being naive but I would hope that the voters would ask the same questions that I did. Are there any politicians or pundits that are defending Caroline?

I really hope that this does not became a big deal in Denmark. Caroline is on the verge of winning a slam and reaching a new level of success, the last thing she needs is a phony scandal to worry about.

stangtennis
Mar 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Honestly I don't think either Caro or Maria are that hot. I'm sure I could easily pick 15 WTA players in top 100 that are hotter than both of them.
I don't get why so many think Maria is the next Anna K, she doesn't even come close. Big wide shoulder and a very strange and upright walk and avarage face. Nobody would turn their heads for Caro or Maria if they walked down the street in Denmark if they weren't famous and if Maria wasn't that tall with a stange walk.

Burisleif
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Yep... the right to the rescue.

Caro basically said I don't care I would do it again."

Venstre udenrigsordfører mener, at Wozniacki 'leger bedste venner med en brutal diktator med adskillige mord på samvittigheden', nemlig landets mangeårige diktator, Aleksander Lukasjenko.

»Hun er en pige på 19 år«
Og den tordentale får nu de konservative op af stolen.

»Drop den hetz mod Caroline Wozniacki, hun er en pige på 19 år«, siger Carina Christensen.

»Man skal ikke blande sport og politik sammen på den måde. Hun er en professionel tennisspiller, og hun skal ikke rende rundt og spørge alle mulige mennesker, hvem hun må møde og ikke møde«, lyder det fra Carina Christensen.

Carofan
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I am familiar with the 'Jantelov' concept and its a most unattractive trait among Danish people.

You seem to know a lot about Denmark overall. Do you have any connection to our country?

Carofan
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I was/is an Anna K man .. Now she's HOT... and still is. Hottest ever female tennis player imho. Or should that be, in my humble taste. IMHT

Well. Gabrialla Sabatini. Enough said. Anna K looks like a childhood friend I had. he was a boy lol

Burisleif
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Kamal Qureshi is the main force behind Belorussiagate, And as such I can only assume his agenda is one of "who is an acceptable immigrant"... This has nothing to do with Jantelov... a concept which is far from unique to Denmark I might add.

Carofan
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Kamal Qureshi is the main force behind Belorussiagate, And as such I can only assume his agenda is one of "who is an acceptable immigrant"... This has nothing to do with Jantelov... a concept which is far from unique to Denmark I might add.

Actually it all started from a program on P1 danish national radio in the weekend where they talked about celebs performing for dictators. The program is called Orientering and the spot can be heard on its homepage on dr.dk P1. Thats why they commented on it.

Burisleif
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Actually it all started from a program on P1 danish national radio in the weekend where they talked about celebs performing for dictators. The program is called Orientering and the spot can be heard on its homepage on dr.dk P1. Thats why they commented on it.

Indeed, but was or wasn't it KQ who asked the DTF to reprimand her?

backhandsmash
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:43 PM

http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/brackets-2011/round-of-64/maria-sharapova-vs-caroline-wozniacki

Hand on heart, Caro. Then again, I've never understood the interest in the stick insect (no disrespect to Masha fans on this forum), but to me, she's reminds me of a stick insect. Also, I was/is an Anna K man .. Now she's HOT... and still is. Hottest ever female tennis player imho. Or should that be, in my humble taste. IMHT

Sharapova really is too fucking hot!

IMHO!

Burisleif
Mar 15th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sharapova really is too fucking hot!

IMHO!

Caro over Maria for me (charisma), but neither is my type... Where is the option for Audrey Hepburn or Ingrid Bergman? :)

JadeFox
Mar 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM

Well given how skinny Anna Kournikova is these days she shouldn't be on your hot list at all now. :ras: :p :lol:

terjw
Mar 15th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Voted Caro. I think she looks much hotter than Sharapova.

backhandsmash
Mar 15th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. Sharapova IS hotter. As to who you would rather date, it's a done deal for me. Woz all the way!

Burisleif
Mar 15th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Let's not kid ourselves. Sharapova IS hotter.

Sorry but I would have to disagree. Caroline has great bone structure and proportions. Don't let the fact that Caro is currently quite athletically built fool you.

SwissMiss19
Mar 16th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Oh you people...hot not hot? As bad as the media :lol: :lol: Just joking :p

So I watched Ivanovic's match -- I have to say she played with a lot of passion and darn her shots were so flat - she clipped the net about a dozen times but I have to give it to her, she's a great athlete. Even though her "grunt" is annoying, her voice is annoying, and her serve ball toss is annoying - she's a great athlete :lol:

CWTennis
Mar 16th, 2011, 01:26 AM
and her ajdes and fistpumps are annoying too :lol:

p.s. I think Caro is more beautiful and charming than both Mashas and An(n)as! :)

SwissMiss19
Mar 16th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Oh man her "Ajdes" ----- give me some ear plugs :lol:

I think Maria has that classy look. She just eeks class. Caroline is classy as well but not like Maria (it's just Maria's attitude). I love Caroline's attitude and her personality on and off court. That is what makes her beautiful :)

backhandsmash
Mar 16th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Yes, Sharapova has the "classy" thing all tied up. No doubt about that.

bruce goose
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Let me offer a few preliminary comments:

1.I play the game fairly;I don't call women sluts and then,in the next breath,applaud sleazy playboy(virtually always immature) guys as if they were worthy of respect.
2.Even the most physically stunning woman loses her power with me if I know that she's notably shallow or slutty

I disagree with some of you who believe that a woman's attractiveness is separable from her personality;I can't say,empirically,that you're wrong and I'm right...that's just the way I feel.Some scenarios:If Anna K. had Caro's character and personality,then I'd struggle mightily to maintain my composure in her presence.However,based on the person she's revealed herself to be,she loses TONS of appeal to me and I wouldn't even be slightly tempted to cheat on my gf even if Anna flirted with me.

A physically-gorgeous gal with an empty soul,in MY viewpoint,is like a meal that LOOKS absolutely delicious...and tastes like shit!!(the same applies to the male gender,though I'm never attracted to THEM...just don't wanna offend you ladies too much:angel:).When you're attempting to digest that disappointing,awful meal,you get no pleasure at all from the fact that it appeared satisfying at first glance...in truth,that makes it WORSE!

Yeah,Caro might not knock guys' socks off as easily as some other WTA gals do but,when you combine her outward appearance with her intelligence,character and charm...the overall package is SUPERB!!! Slimy creep Verdasco has had his share of highly-beautiful female conquests,yet Caro certainly caught his attention pretty well.Last scenario:Caro is lovely enough that,if she WERE my wife,I wouldn't ever look at other women and say to myself,"Oh,I wish I could've had THAT one instead!"(not that my mentality works in that manner,anyway)

Assuming Sharapova finishes off Dinara,this octet of QFs at IW will be quite decent...but not the year's best,IMO.In bracket order:

Caro
Vika
Sharapova
Peng
Peer
Wickmayer
Ana
Bartoli

I'd rate six of those eight as very remarkable;I normally don't favor Asian gals quite as much,but I consider Peng as the most attractive of the PRC gals...and pretty much Beauty Queen caliber.She doesn't get loads of glamour shoots yet;regardless,I think that Wickmayer comfortably holds her own in the bunch above.My Marion is slightly pudgy,yet her lips and curves are mouth-watering and she's QUITE pretty when she dolls herself up.She's a notch below the Elite Six in IW,but she doesn't ruin the view,either...not even close.I admire Shahar as I would ANY woman who runs the risk of some inbred,jihad-ist jackass placing a bomb in her racket bag;however,Shahar is no better than cute,IMO.I could see myself kissing her on the mouth w/o shame,yet she's the main reason why IW is only a runner-up for year's hottest QFs...which,so far,is Doha(in bracket order):

Caro
Flavia
Peng
Bartoli
JJ
Zakopalova
Daniela
"Li'l Bepa" Zvonareva('Big Bepa' is Dushevina:hearts:)

Some parting shots: I can't stand it when an amazing brunette gets a cheesy blonde dye job like Zakopalova's,but that doesn't make her face any less beautiful.Some of you might complain that Jankovic's mug isn't the best,and I'd agree with you.All the same,she's practically off the charts from the neck down and she handles her make-up well enough to improve her facial appearance.....Thanks for your patience with the excessively-long post:hatoff:

Carofan
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM
JJ is the definition of a butterface. (Chick with a hell of a nice body, but the face is ugly)

bruce goose
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
JJ is the definition of a butterface. (Chick with a hell of a nice body, but the face is ugly)Basically,I agree with you;I imagine that she's not the easiest sight in the morning before her make-up work in the mirror.However,she usually does a good job of disguising her flaws and looking passable when she goes out in public.IF she had a pleasant personality(which I haven't heard from most who've spoken about her),then I'd be well content to dim the lights at night and pretend that her face matched her Top-Notch Bod

backhandsmash
Mar 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, Jankovic is Butterface#1 on the tour. I would not hesitate for a second though, given the chance.

And thank you for epic posting, Mr. Goose.

Burisleif
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM
This conversation is rapidly dropping below the level I would expect Caroline to approve of.... I don't think 'Butterface' is an expectable term to describe a persons appearance, and I would like expect better from posters here tbh.

Jelena has plenty of charm in her features, be they to your taste or not (especially without the makeup).

Lets remind ourselves we are talking about athletes here, and as such, behaviour and sportsmanship, are above playing ability in importance, with physical appearance an irrelevant afterthought.

Don't take this the wrong way... I have no issue with discussing the realms of aesthetics, but please can we leave the titty mag style stuff for the anti tennis fans in their respective titty mag player forums.

Back on topic...

It's my humble opinion that prancing for cash in granny pants (original pattern 1950's swim shorts are still available from reputable retailers) for cash and or attention is not particularly classy, or well conceived.

It would considerably damage my esteem for what Caro represents, should she feel the need (or choose to) venture down the attention seeking titty mag route. Lets not kid ourselves that such publications are in any way philanthropic, and or in anyway beneficial in building an informed tennis fan base.

For me Caro represents the qualities of a confident, determined, and intelligent ambassador for the sport, who continues to let her performances determine her popularity. The longer she manages to rise above the smut the better for the sport and for the perception of women in sport.

stangtennis
Mar 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM

There's another poll here, also with Sharapova and Wozniacki:
http://www.menshealth.com/hottest-athletes/32-h2h16

Hantuchova, Kournikova, Ivanovic and Kirilinko are in some of the other polls in the USA vs. the World athlete "drawsheet":
http://www.menshealth.com/hottest-athletes/bracket

backhandsmash
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Woz ahead of Sharapova! Thought that would be a slam dunk for the russian, but guess not.:)

bruce goose
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Woz ahead of Sharapova! Thought that would be a slam dunk for the russian, but guess not.:)Thanks for the kind words earlier...am headed off for my afternoon classes now......Do you,by any chance,have a link to Masha's Shot of the Day for Tuesday??The video freezes when you try to play it on the WTA's dumb-ass,crippled website...if the shot wasn't really that remarkable,then don't bother.......was just curious

backhandsmash
Mar 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
It wasn't remarkable.

Edit: Just the usual WTA whoring of useless shit!

bruce goose
Mar 17th, 2011, 03:01 AM
@backhandsmash,thanks for the quick response

@burisleif: You can blame ME for the detour into shallow appraisal of female beauty;quite simply,women's tennis--volleyball,too--appeals to me on a special level.The combination of sporting athleticism and feminine loveliness makes it a near-unique treat for me...so much so that men's tennis provokes a big :yawn: from me.It might not be the best analogy,but try to imagine an all-male ballet...or watching MEN'S figure skating...something is just missing for me.Though I sincerely respect the accomplishments and skill of elite male volleyball or tennis players,I simply can't get one whit excited over either when watching...though there are sports such as basketball and ice hockey where the men's game is tons more watchable than the gals'....I think many would agree with me that there are an unusually high number of stunning participants in the WTA in contrast with many other women's sports

Everyone get ready for some MAJOR bitching and infantile,deluded whining now that Ana has been knocked out of IW.This was likely a big aberration for Ana who'll probably slip BADLY now that she has lost/fired both coaches(Heinz and Marija)who helped rescue her from her awful slump.My Marion is sometimes a substitute for Caro for the multitude of hateful Ana fans...but wait and see how pathetic it gets if Caro wins IW.The Stupidity & Immaturity Meter will go on tilt in that other forum:lol:

C. W. Fields
Mar 17th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Definition of irony; tennis 'fans' complaining about other WTA players being bitches, headcases, injury fakers, making noises and generally not concentrating enough on their tennis when on court. But does this translate into the same 'fans' feeling any sort of sympathy for Caro who's one of the nicest players on tour, doesn't have mental meltdowns, is rarely injured or makes noises and is all about tennis on court? No!

DownInAHole
Mar 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Definition of irony; tennis 'fans' complaining about other WTA players being bitches, headcases, injury fakers, making noises and generally not concentrating enough on their tennis when on court. But does this translate into the same 'fans' feeling any sort of sympathy for Caro who's one of the nicest players on tour, doesn't have mental meltdowns, is rarely injured or makes noises and is all about tennis on court? No!

I don't want to get into a big discussion about this, although I guess this is perfectly on topic for this thread, but I though it was odd that some Ana fans accused Marion of cheating because she was saying "allez" after some of the points she won. Really? Ivanovic fans complaining about a player making noise after winning a point? To be honest at times it was a little annoying but it's strange that Ana's "ajde" is ok but when Marion says "allez" she is cheating.

Burisleif
Mar 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
@backhandsmash,thanks for the quick response

@burisleif: You can blame ME for the detour into shallow appraisal of female beauty;

No blame anywhere, I thought i was clear? :) I just remember that lists and genres are for objects and chattel, not humans... I think everybody here is capable of appreciating that fact, and that most of the girls are in this for the sport, not to be contestants in a beauty pageant? I'd just like it to be noted that the are all individuals with their own unique qualities and vices...

Everyone get ready for some MAJOR bitching and infantile,deluded whining now that Ana has been knocked out of IW.This was likely a big aberration for Ana who'll probably slip BADLY now that she has lost/fired both coaches(Heinz and Marija)who helped rescue her from her awful slump.My Marion is sometimes a substitute for Caro for the multitude of hateful Ana fans...but wait and see how pathetic it gets if Caro wins IW.The Stupidity & Immaturity Meter will go on tilt in that other forum:lol:

Firstly, Yes there are a lot of posters on TF that would be thrown out of any tennis tournament within seconds due to their behaviour... I hope they stay away from this player forum, what ever side they are on.

Secondly re Ana fans... I have to say I don't envy them... Especially the duty bound ones...

Out of respect for the Ana fans here, I watched intently the entire match again. I honestly can't say I have ever seen (at this level) such a profound display of insecurity in a player. Listening to the on court coaching, and watching Ana's on court mannerisms, it was apparent to me that her gestures telegraph her insecurities. This is unlike Caro, who (most of the time) tends to step it up when she gets mad. It's a huge weakness to be exploited imho. Highly unprofessional, and not an advert for the sport. Kudos to Marion for hanging in and finding some rhythm during that match.

Allez Huuiii ajde Arghhhhhhh.

I'm not going to be sold on the idea that vocals on court aren't gamesmanship, even if they are routine. It seems to me that routine becomes used to cover frailty or in other cases, used to cover extra application in times of need, and obviously hindrance.

That brings us to today's game, and we all remember what a debacle the last meeting became. Huuiiii induced error fest with the player that chose to use 100% of her attention (after learning to ignore the gamesmanship) winning.

So for the players that like to scream on court... please keep it up... its stale, predictable, and will no doubt keep you from winning trophies, because the elite players know what to do about it by now. :rolleyes:

I have to rush off... Got to find some clean Vika screeches to feed into 'sound soap' so they can be scrubbed realtime from the TV feed to my speakers tonight. :devil:

Burisleif
Mar 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I don't want to get into a big discussion about this, although I guess this is perfectly on topic for this thread, but I though it was odd that some Ana fans accused Marion of cheating because she was saying "allez" after some of the points she won. Really? Ivanovic fans complaining about a player making noise after winning a point? To be honest at times it was a little annoying but it's strange that Ana's "ajde" is ok but when Marion says "allez" she is cheating.

I think Marion was cheating 'in the spirit of the game', but rightly so... the umpire failed to call hindrance on a number of applications of an earlier than normal Ajde!!!... Marion understandably made her point to both Ana and the umpire. Ana is out.

bruce goose
Mar 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM
No blame anywhere, I thought i was clear? :) I just remember that lists and genres are for objects and chattel, not humans... I think everybody here is capable of appreciating that fact, and that most of the girls are in this for the sport, not to be contestants in a beauty pageant? I'd just like it to be noted that the are all individuals with their own unique qualities and vices... Yeah,I was just stepping up and taking responsibility even though you weren't assigning blame.You're absolutely right when you say mention unique qualities and vices,and that's why I posted that Caro's beauty far exceeds the sum of her physical parts.....I'll do my best to be respectful when referencing the loveliness that's so abundant in the WTA but,being a Latino male,I can't pretend that it doesn't exist;)

bruce goose
Mar 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I don't want to get into a big discussion about this, although I guess this is perfectly on topic for this thread, but I though it was odd that some Ana fans accused Marion of cheating because she was saying "allez" after some of the points she won. Really? Ivanovic fans complaining about a player making noise after winning a point? To be honest at times it was a little annoying but it's strange that Ana's "ajde" is ok but when Marion says "allez" she is cheating.Yeah,'D.I.A.H.',the hypocrisy there is so pathetic that there's barely any measurable satisfaction at all that can be gleaned for a rational-thinking adult in that forum.They bitched and whined about how Dulko was such a difficult 2nd-round foe at the 2010 AO,then turned around THIS year and cried about how easy Caro's draw was when she got Dulko in the FIRST round

There's a basic level of respect that virtually ALL humans deserve(even animals),and then there's a deeper respect that must be EARNED...and the mental midgets who comprise most of that other forum simply fall FAR short

DownInAHole
Mar 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah,'D.I.A.H.',the hypocrisy there is so pathetic that there's barely any measurable satisfaction at all that can be gleaned for a rational-thinking adult in that forum.They bitched and whined about how Dulko was such a difficult 2nd-round foe at the 2010 AO,then turned around THIS year and cried about how easy Caro's draw was when she got Dulko in the FIRST round

There's a basic level of respect that virtually ALL humans deserve(even animals),and then there's a deeper respect that must be EARNED...and the mental midgets who comprise most of that other forum simply fall FAR short

If you don't mind sharing is there anything in particular that caused you to become less of a fan of Ana?

SwissMiss19
Mar 18th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Ok let me just say this: grunting does make you hit the ball harder and it allows one to breath easily during a rally. Most of the population says that grunting does nothing but it does quite a lot. I do a soft grunt but only when I'm working really hard.

Burisleif
Mar 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Ok let me just say this: grunting does make you hit the ball harder and it allows one to breath easily during a rally. Most of the population says that grunting does nothing but it does quite a lot. I do a soft grunt but only when I'm working really hard.

Grunting is acceptable to just about anyone (unless your passing balls to the ball boy)... its the acoustic distraction weapon that lasts exactly until your opponent hits the ball thats out of order... Maria forgot to use hers twice today on tricky shot... Its so obviously gamesmanship, and judging by Maria today, a wasteful consumer of brain effort..? :)

bruce goose
Mar 18th, 2011, 04:09 AM
If you don't mind sharing is there anything in particular that caused you to become less of a fan of Ana?It's been a gradual process more than any one thing.I'll summarize with reasonable brevity out of respect for others:

1.More and more,Ana shows herself to be a person w/o any core values or character...which accounts for much of her irrational fragility on court.She talks about learning so much from her mom and dad(blah,blah,blah:rolleyes:)...yet she never names what these supposed lessons WERE(it's pretty obvious that she was spoiled rotten by no-account,ice-cream-purchaser parents).Her refusal to own up to her mental weaknesses demonstrates how she won't take responsibility for her actions;she'd rather fire a coach in order to blame someone ELSE.

2.Ana dishonestly calls herself a perfectionist;as diehard fan 'Gaviotabr' has posted quite often,Ana's more like a petty nitpicker who'll turn on someone as soon as a situation makes her even slightly uncomfortable.Her coaching carousel is a sad joke....Don't be misled by her so-called relationship with that 3rd-rate,swishy golfer;they were REALLY only together for around 3 months in total since the two of them were on opposite sides of the world,usually.Ana's self-esteem plummeted during the course of that laughable union,yet she fired a coach(Craig Kardon) who wanted her to spend less time on the golf course and more in training.Not coincidentally,Ana had a brief resurgence after dumping the slimy putt-putt playboy in 2010.

3.Lastly,she has shown herself to be extra-shallow in her personal choices;her last two bfs are described as brainless airheads even by their FANS...and prior to that,she was sneaking around Mallorca with Nadal.To his credit,Rafa went back to his gf once the candlelit dinner pics with Ana hit the newspapers...and the two might not have become intimate at that point anyway.Also,Rafa is a true champion and possesses more character than either scumbag loser Verdasco or A.Scott.However,his fans will concede that he's not the brightest star in the constellation...which is putting it gently.When a woman ONLY chooses stupid guys who can barely maintain an adult convo for 5 minutes...it doesn't say much for her standards.Ana thinks with her loins instead of her brain,and her shallowness is also reflected in other ways.

Ultimately,the bashing of superficial Ana fans only helped illuminate Caro's fine qualities more clearly to me.One gal was born with movie-star looks,great physical gifts...and was exceedingly lucky to get steered toward a glamorous tennis career while avoiding the warfare that cost so many lives.The other,Caro,has had to overcome her shortage of raw power with hard work,mental focus and gritty determination...there's a tortoise-vs.-the-hare element,of sorts.It's not about wins and losses,as I've said,cuz Caro's the one who dOESN'T have a slam title...it's about which one I respect more as a player AND as a person

Carofan
Mar 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
One the most humiliating order of plays: Nobody gives a rats ass about womens tennis. Caro - Pova after a male double? Are they f-ing serious??!! I dont care who plays the double its the worst program ever. Put the doubles last you douches!

Stadium 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Gasquet vs. Djokovic
2. Yanina Wickmayer (http://www.wtatour.com/player/yanina-wickmayer_2257889_11787) vs. Marion Bartoli (http://www.wtatour.com/player/marion-bartoli_2257889_1007) (NB 13.00hrs)
3. ATP: Wawrinka vs. Federer (NB 15.00hrs)
4. ATP: López/Nadal vs. Federer/Wawrinka (NB 18.00hrs)
5. Caroline Wozniacki (http://www.wtatour.com/player/caroline-wozniacki_2257889_12631) vs. Maria Sharapova (http://www.wtatour.com/player/maria-sharapova_2257889_9499) (NB 20.00hrs)

Yeah, but its 8pm prime time in USA. Its not a grand slam, nobody is gonna watch it.

TennisFan66
Mar 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Grunting is acceptable to just about anyone (unless your passing balls to the ball boy)... its the acoustic distraction weapon that lasts exactly until your opponent hits the ball thats out of order... Maria forgot to use hers twice today on tricky shot... Its so obviously gamesmanship, and judging by Maria today, a wasteful consumer of brain effort..? :)

Agree. I've seen - or should I say heard - Sharapove also make huge screams/grunts, when playing a drop shot. If thats not gamesmanship, I don't know what is.

Other loud noise makers like the WS. Note how the noise is always increasing when they're under pressure/ pressure ball .. Its used as intimidation. Simple as. IMHO.

Protoss
Mar 18th, 2011, 11:34 AM
One the most humiliating order of plays: Nobody gives a rats ass about womens tennis. Caro - Pova after a male double? Are they f-ing serious??!! I dont care who plays the double its the worst program ever. Put the doubles last you douches!

Stadium 1 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Gasquet vs. Djokovic
2. Yanina Wickmayer (http://www.wtatour.com/player/yanina-wickmayer_2257889_11787) vs. Marion Bartoli (http://www.wtatour.com/player/marion-bartoli_2257889_1007) (NB 13.00hrs)
3. ATP: Wawrinka vs. Federer (NB 15.00hrs)
4. ATP: López/Nadal vs. Federer/Wawrinka (NB 18.00hrs)
5. Caroline Wozniacki (http://www.wtatour.com/player/caroline-wozniacki_2257889_12631) vs. Maria Sharapova (http://www.wtatour.com/player/maria-sharapova_2257889_9499) (NB 20.00hrs)

Yeah, but its 8pm prime time in USA. Its not a grand slam, nobody is gonna watch it.
I think the organizers don't want Nadal or Federer (if he wins his singles quarterfinal) to have stay up late as the men's singles semis are the next day and the women's singles final is on sunday. I also think that there's a lot more interest in their doubles match than a normal doubles match given their singles rivalry.

My guess is that more people in the US would watch Caro's semi at night given that more people have Espn 2 than Tennis Channel (which is airing the daytime women's singles semifinal) and also due to having a lot more people being home than during the day.

backhandsmash
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I think I will just stay in this forum for the night. GM is a complete mess right now (and I even posted in it), even more than than usual.

Burisleif
Mar 19th, 2011, 01:13 AM
:lol: GM a mess? never...

bruce goose
Mar 19th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I think I will just stay in this forum for the night. GM is a complete mess right now (and I even posted in it), even more than than usual.If you'll bear with my choice of analogies,I compare visiting GM for intelligent conversation...to evangelizing in a strip club.You MIGHT get lucky once in a while in each scenario,but the odds are so ridiculously low that you're better off going someplace else to accomplish your objectives

backhandsmash
Mar 19th, 2011, 04:58 AM
And still one tries. Especially if you're like me: A semi degenerate(betting thread). A shallow man(photo threads). And one who hates Marion-bashing (no words).

Burisleif
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Having read the match thread... in GM... I'm seriously shocked at how may TF posters don't understand tennis.... Seriously have they been hiding in a Mashabator? So few have managed to pick up on how smart Caro played today...

I hope Maria has the guts to expand her game... She is still a big draw... And still so young.

bruce goose
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Having read the match thread... in GM... I'm seriously shocked at how may TF posters don't understand tennis.... Seriously have they been hiding in a Mashabator? So few have managed to pick up on how smart Caro played today...Shocked???You SHOULDn't be:p.Haven't you heard the immortal words of Forrest Gump--'Stupid is as stupid does'?;)Trying to convey rational,adult thinking to the Masha and Ana fans in GM is like teaching Mandarin CHINESE to a FRENCH poodle:lol:

backhandsmash
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Match thread is 12 pages (maybe 13 or 14 by now). The whining is hard to say the least. Even a mod called her a pusher. Oh well.

JadeFox
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Having read the match thread... in GM... I'm seriously shocked at how may TF posters don't understand tennis.... Seriously have they been hiding in a Mashabator? So few have managed to pick up on how smart Caro played today...

I hope Maria has the guts to expand her game... She is still a big draw... And still so young.

What a surprise. A lot of GM is in denial about Caroline and for some reason seem unable to let go of the status quo thinking that constant aggressive hitting will always win. But then again I found in my life that people still love to cling to the status quo even when it doesn't do anyone any good to do so.

I also hope Masha doesn't get dejected by this match. It wasn't a good one from her, but I think she's making the right steps.

bruce goose
Mar 19th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Match thread is 12 pages (maybe 13 or 14 by now). The whining is hard to say the least. Even a mod called her a pusher. Oh well.Doesn't surprise me too much;mod integrity and credibilty has apparently plunged to septic-tank-low depths here at TF....It may've been one of the hypocritical,swishy salami-swallowers who banned me from the fist-pump forum while ignoring comments that were twice as bad....It's nice to hear that they're suffering:devil:;bitter losers DESERVE to suffer until they get lives of their own and grow up

SwissMiss19
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
People need to learn what the word "push" means *rolls eyes*

bruce goose
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:21 AM
Well,folks,you already know about the low intellect that's so prevalent in the Ana forum;it's not EVERYone there,yet's it's not any rare occurrence,either.Up 'til the present time,the Dinara forum has been fairly tame in terms of anti-Caro rhetoric...a few isolated pusher comments but nothing too intense.There's a bitter feminist amongst the Dinara clan who's still sore over her personal failures from her youth.To be fair,though,she has a keen intellect and quite often contributes thoughtful,detailed posts...she's simply a bit hard to stomach whenever she's going thru one of her youth-failure flashbacks......NOW,however,there's a new young member who post-whores and likes both Dinarik AND Ana(and acts very similar to other Einsteins from that second fangroup),so I'm sort of anticipating a huge intellectual nosedive in Dinara's forum with more Caro hate than previously existed......On the bright side,if the whiners are getting worked up,that usually means that Caro is WINNING:cool:

Carofan
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:01 AM
This site was founded by Pova fans, so if you poke at Maria here you ask for trouble. I understand their pain, denial is a natural stage before you realize things are not gonna be like it was.

I`m enjoying the moments now, the caro fans here are heavily outnumbered but she needs our support and she deserves it. Caro is taking on the world order of tennis atm.

When some kid comes from behind one day to take over from Caro I will of course defend Caro. In denial, a true fan does.

bruce goose
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Bruce leave Sharapova alone. This site was founded by Pova fans, so if you poke at Maria here you ask for trouble. I understand their pain, denial is a natural stage before you realize things are not gonna be like it was.

I`m enjoying the moments now, the caro fans here are heavily outnumbered but she needs our support and she deserves it. Caro is taking on the world order of tennis atm.

When some kid comes from behind one day to take over from Caro I will of course defend Caro. In denial, a true fan does.Maybe there's been a misunderstanding here;I didn't mention Big Masha at all in my post above...had no intention to bad-mouth her whatsoever.Though I'm not her fan,per se,I actually don't dislike Maria,either....If you read again,you'll see that I was referring to Ana fans and,quite briefly,Dinara fans,too.....To be honest,I try not to bash the players unless they do something highly worthy of criticism--as with the extreme lack of integrity shown by the Serb glamour girl

Carofan
Mar 21st, 2011, 07:46 AM
Maybe there's been a misunderstanding here;I didn't mention Big Masha at all in my post above...had no intention to bad-mouth her whatsoever.Though I'm not her fan,per se,I actually don't dislike Maria,either....If you read again,you'll see that I was referring to Ana fans and,quite briefly,Dinara fans,too.....To be honest,I try not to bash the players unless they do something highly worthy of criticism--as with the extreme lack of integrity shown by the Serb glamour girl

I should have written it better. What I meant was....Yeah I hear you about Ana and her fans...but listen...dont start going for Sharapova because then you ask for trouble ..... It was not directed at you, just a comment about bashing of Pova is not aloud here. If I made a tread about Pova that she is over the hill it will be taken down asap. I edited the post.

Protoss
Mar 21st, 2011, 11:15 AM
So anybody here see the Adjustment Bureau?

bruce goose
Mar 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I should have written it better. What I meant was....Yeah I hear you about Ana and her fans...but listen...dont start going for Sharapova because then you ask for trouble ..... It was not directed at you, just a comment about bashing of Pova is not aloud here. If I made a tread about Pova that she is over the hill it will be taken down asap. I edited the post.Okay,thanks for the advice:hatoff: but,in this particular case,that won't be a problem since I don't feel any hostility towards Sharapova

Burisleif
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:02 PM
So anybody here see the Adjustment Bureau?

? whats that? I have been in a virtual cave all week... please clarify...

Protoss
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
? whats that? I have been in a virtual cave all week... please clarify...
It's a sci-fi movie that came out a few weeks ago. I thought it was very good. :)

I was wondering if anybody else here had seen it.

Burisleif
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:21 PM
It's a sci-fi movie that came out a few weeks ago.

Dose it involve a Flash based virtual scoreboard? :devil:

Just kidding, I will check it out thanks... :D

C. W. Fields
Mar 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Sadly the low standards we see here on TF aren't unique. I'm also a member of another tennis site where Caro is now being criticized for the flag thing at the Azarenka match. The critique is manyfold: 1) It's a cheap publicity stunt, 2) She should donate money instead/arrange a real charity event, 3) She's defacing the Japanese flag by writing on it, 4) Why didn't she go get the flag herself?, 5) Caro being photographed holding the flag alone (after Vika had been injured) means she's trying to hog all the attention etc!
Sigh! It really is amazing how so many tennis 'fans' are able to see bad intentions everywhere just because they don't like a player's game style! :shrug:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372822

DownInAHole
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Sadly the low standards we see here on TF aren't unique. I'm also a member of another tennis site where Caro is now being criticized for the flag thing at the Azarenka match. The critique is manyfold: 1) It's a cheap publicity stunt, 2) She should donate money instead/arrange a real charity event, 3) She's defacing the Japanese flag by writing on it, 4) Why didn't she go get the flag herself?, 5) Caro being photographed holding the flag alone (after Vika had been injured) means she's trying to hog all the attention etc!
Sigh! It really is amazing how so many tennis 'fans' are able to see bad intentions everywhere just because they don't like a player's game style! :shrug:

Maybe it was due to the solemnity of the situation but I thought Caroline looked a little disappointed/uncomfortable to be posing with the flag without Vika. I'm sure that she wasn't going to stand there with a huge grin plastered on her face but with the way the match ended I don't think things with the flag went the way she planned. What was Caroline supposed to do, grab an injured and in pain Vika while she was limping off the court and force her to pose for some photographs?

I'm relatively new to tennis forums and I thought they might be a bit more civil and grounded in reality than other forums but it did not take me long to realise that was not the case. I think it was the Wozniacki/Ivanovic match at Beijing that did it. Caroline was up a set and, I believe, a break when she tweaked her knee yet some people were convinced that she faked an injury. For what purpose? To halt her own momentum?!? I tried to reason with some of those people and have them explain the logic of stopping the match while you have the momentum but I quickly realised it's better to let them have their crazy fantasies.

Crockett
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm relatively new to tennis forums and I thought they might be a bit more civil and grounded in reality than other forums but it did not take me long to realise that was not the case. I think it was the Wozniacki/Ivanovic match at Beijing that did it. Caroline was up a set and, I believe, a break when she tweaked her knee yet some people were convinced that she faked an injury.
It has taken me some time to understand (to some extent) the values that seem to govern posts like those in GM. The values are very conservative. Here are some points:

The true value of a player is the sum of all the player's past results in grand slam tournaments, no matter how long ago that grand slam tournament was played.
It is unethical to have a medical timeout. Real players never need them, and if they should need them, they just grit their teeth and play on.
Real players don't use on-court coaching.
Real players seek to end the point quickly by going for a winner.
An unforced error is acceptable if committed in an attempt to hit a winner.
Long rallies are boring.
Following up at the net is a sign of weakness.
Hitting a winner is much better than hitting a stroke that cannot be returned.
Similarly, hitting an ace is much better than hitting a serve that cannot be returned in court.
Real players don't deviate from textbook motions when producing their strokes.
A player's reputation is heavily enhanced when the player appears in television commercials broadcast in the U.S.
Anything a player says in a press conference is taken down and may be used against that player.
Celebration of winning a championship point is only appropriate in grand slam tournaments.

This list is by no means complete or always accurate, but it helps map out the set of values used to pass judgement on a player's performance.

Carofan
Mar 22nd, 2011, 02:00 PM
the values that seem to govern posts like those in GM........ Continued.

The calender might say 2011, but its really still 2004, 2006 or 2008 and will always be that.
If you dont scream when you hit the ball, your points dont count.
If you dont look moody on court, keep to yourself outside court and ignore the fans, you are not a true tennis star.
If you dont look like a stick-woman you are not beautiful.
If you can produce a cleavage, (see stick-woman).
If you have won any slams since 2008 its because of the weak era.
If you still play and have not won a slam since 2008, its because you had better things to do.

TennisFan66
Mar 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
This site was founded by Pova fans, so if you poke at Maria here you ask for trouble. I understand their pain, denial is a natural stage before you realize things are not gonna be like it was.

When some kid comes from behind one day to take over from Caro I will of course defend Caro. In denial, a true fan does.

I did not know, but that explains so much!

As for something completely different. Caro is fave for Miami title ahead of Kim at 4.1. Sharapova is 25-1 with no lay in sight..

terjw
Mar 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
lol Carofan. Let me see if I can think up some other gems on the way their minds work:

Anyone can be #1 just by playing lots of tournaments and being a tournament whore.
Playing as little as possible on the WTA and pulling out of tournaments late is a good thing. Playing a full schedule is being a tournament whore and is bad for the WTA.
Any headline or title of a thread about what a player has apparently said is gospel and indisputable - especially if there is no link. If there is a link, then for any difference between what she says in the link and the titlle of the thread - the title of the thread must be taken as the truth.
What a player would do or could do as far as wins / losses is infinitely more important than what the results they actually get.
Regardless of how a player has been doing, if a top player has a bad loss in their last tournament - they should retire.
Players should not respond to questions about their injuries and other news since we are all fed up with some players constantly having the need to tell us.
The WTA is about to go under and needs to be saved. Only ballbashers and/or players who have at least 3 slams can save the WTA.
The amount of time you can actually play at your peak means nothing and peak vs peak is all important when determining who is the better player.
If you retire and make a comeback - you obviously knew you were going to do this when you retired and you should have just said you were taking a break. If you retire - you should not be allowed to return and make comeback.And two specifically on Caro:

The definition of a MM tournament depends on which tournments Caro wins. Nowadays the meaning of a MM tournament is any tournament apart from the slams and the YEC.
No matter how many people you may see watching a match Caro plays - you are deluded. The stadiums are really empty, no-one is watching because she is so boring.

Burisleif
Mar 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
This site was founded by Pova fans,

Then it's high time that those fans did something about controlling their trolls instead of using them as a crutch.

If their is one thing I detest more than a pack of little bullies... It's the people that silently stand bye and let it happen while secretly giggling.

TennisFan66
Mar 23rd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Odds move further in Caro's favour. Caro 3.8; Kim 5.0, Vera 11 ... the rest like Pova 25, Kvitova 27 .. just to mention two players much more 'talented' than Caro and loved by GM :tape:

But one thing's for sure, long gone are the days where one could put a cheeky wager on young Caro and pick up a nice profit .. Ohhh I am reminiscing now, but during Montreal last year, Caro was 2.2 for the win Vs Pennetta. 2.2 .. just on match. Now we get 3.8 if she wins a whole darn mandatory tournament ..

backhandsmash
Mar 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
11 on Vera looks like a juicy bet. Shame I can only bet on individual matches where I play. Yeah, take a guess where that is.

Protoss
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:33 AM
So has anyone here checked out Espn's Pulse? It gives a virtual representation of points and some stats you normally only get sometimes in broadcasts like rally hit points. I just noticed it a few minutes ago. I can't seem to find a way to go back and check out matches already played though. :(

http://espn.go.com/tennis/pulse

JadeFox
Mar 25th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Actually GM here for the longest time hated Sharapova, even the mods. People called her overrated, overhyped, and said she only got attention simply because she's a tall blonde even though at the time she was clearly a top player winning various titles, including Slams. Things only changed when she got that horrible shoulder injury and was out for 9 months. That's when people started being sympathetic.

That's probably the only way Caro's gonna get more fans as well. And that says a lot more about GM than anything else.

Yeah I've been to other places on the Internet where they act like Caroline's the Anti Christ.

Protoss
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Can folks outside the US access Espn3.com? Cuz it's supposed to be offering live streaming from Miami starting tomorrow.

bruce goose
Mar 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM
For the record,I haven't been too impressed with Mattek-Sands as a person since she abandoned her blog last year.In MY opinion,you shouldn't volunteer or agree to do the official WTA tourney blog if you can't follow through.Some of you might not be familiar with Barry Bonds,but he was a fraudulent American baseballer who had very GOOD stats that only became GREAT stats after he began shooting up steroids....In any event,he was always sort of a jerk yet he was honest enough to make it clear that fan interaction was NOT a priority for him...only at the end,when the steroid scandal escalated,did he try to cower behind the local fans of the team he played for....

BMS puts on a nice show in order to get camera time,IMO,because her tennis results would leave her as a back-page afterthought.A while back I gave her the benefit of the doubt with her antics but she went into PMS Bitch Mode when she lost in the singles and doubles final of one of the MM tourneys(think it was Quebec City),and she basically told the fans to go f--k themselves.In contrast,Lisa Raymond has often provided thoughtful posts even 2 or 3 days after she was eliminated from a big tournament.We shouldn't expect the typical player to go THAT far;however,there's a fairly-clear understanding that you at least post a short 'goodbye' blog whenever you get eliminated: "Too bad I couldn't win the title...hope you enjoyed my blog this week...I'll do it again for you sometime in the future(blah,blah,blah)...",for example...yet that was too emotionally and intellectually taxing for Bethanie.I'm not saying that she's a terrible person;I just see her as kind of an insincere,phony camera hog...like Rennae Stubbs

DownInAHole
Mar 25th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Can folks outside the US access Espn3.com? Cuz it's supposed to be offering live streaming from Miami starting tomorrow.

I don't think so but maybe the stream will be available from "other" sources. ;)

Burisleif
Mar 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM

I get Untrusted certificate...

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Nice photo in the main thread with Serena showing her warm affection for Caro again...just one more rebuke for the self-righteous,pontificating asswipes who pretend to have principled reasons for hating Caro.SUPPOSEDLY,their pure love for the sport causes them to dislike Caro's imperfect form and what a bad example it sets...and their consciences compel these bitch-asses to vent their hostility.....yeah:rolleyes:

Funny thing is,Serena has a LOT more motivation for disliking Caro than the self-proclaimed experts do...and we've seen during Dinara's #1 stint that Ree isn't shy about sharing her disapproval.With Caro's athleticism,stamina,mental toughness,skill and determination,she poses a genuine threat to SW's claim to #1...and yet Serena doesn't seem,outwardly,the least bit upset about all that...even though tennis is her career and a fundamental part of her life.....So,if Serena can avoid wetting her panties over Caro's winner tally,then I suppose the tennis 'experts' at TF should be able to do so also,huh?;)

Carofan
Mar 26th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Nice photo in the main thread with Serena showing her warm affection for Caro again...

I think it was at the Rock’n Racquets Tour event 2008 (http://www.tennisidentity.com/tennisidentitycom/2008/11/see-andy-roddick-serena-williams-john-isner-and-caroline-wozniaki-at-rocknracquets.html) where both Caro and Serena were there to play. Caro told the newspaper EB.dk, that Serena had told her she was her biggest fan and when she retire, Caro should reservate a seat for her at every tournament.

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I think it was at the Rock’n Racquets Tour event 2008 (http://www.tennisidentity.com/tennisidentitycom/2008/11/see-andy-roddick-serena-williams-john-isner-and-caroline-wozniaki-at-rocknracquets.html) where both Caro and Serena were there to play. Caro told the newspaper EB.dk, that Serena had told her she was her biggest fan and when she retire, Caro should reservate a seat for her at every tournament.That's an even BIGGER endorsement b/c it means that Serena doesn't consider Caro's game boring and actually enjoys watching her play

bruce goose
Mar 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
If anybody saw the match or has access to a reliable report,I'd like to hear how Masha looked today vs. Lisicki.Beating Sabine is no big accomplishment nowadays so the scoreline doesn't necessarily reflect the whole picture.With so many greats either gone or on the way out,I'd like to see Maria get near her old slam-winning form strictly from the standpoint that it adds another dramatic player to the WTA

DownInAHole
Mar 26th, 2011, 11:54 PM
If anybody saw the match or has access to a reliable report,I'd like to hear how Masha looked today vs. Lisicki.Beating Sabine is no big accomplishment nowadays so the scoreline doesn't necessarily reflect the whole picture.With so many greats either gone or on the way out,I'd like to see Maria get near her old slam-winning form strictly from the standpoint that it adds another dramatic player to the WTA

I didn't see the match but I did follow the score. Both players started poorly and traded some breaks but Maria only had 4 double faults and I think they were all in the early part of the first set. I'm not sure what was wrong with Sabine's game but she often got in a hole early on her serve and Maria took advantage. As Caroline knows Sabine can be a tough opponent but I think the next match for Maria (Stosur) will be much tougher and will give you a better idea of where her game is at. Fortunately that match will almost certainly be streamed.

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I didn't see the match but I did follow the score. Both players started poorly and traded some breaks but Maria only had 4 double faults and I think they were all in the early part of the first set. I'm not sure what was wrong with Sabine's game but she often got in a hole early on her serve and Maria took advantage. As Caroline knows Sabine can be a tough opponent but I think the next match for Maria (Stosur) will be much tougher and will give you a better idea of where her game is at. Fortunately that match will almost certainly be streamed.Well,Sabine indisputably had God-given talent,but that talent seems to have dissipated greatly....Sabine looks a lot like Jelena Dokic,Ivanovic and a couple other gals whose puberty was briefly postponed by tennis...and then turned into horny,disorganized,psychological wrecks once they were forced to deal with their hormones and the challenges of adulthood..........I agree with you that Stosur should be a decent test for Big Masha--DESPITE the 6-0 H2H record.Samantha is erratic but still a threat to absolutely anyone out there.

DownInAHole
Mar 27th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Well,Sabine indisputably had God-given talent,but that talent seems to have dissipated greatly....Sabine looks a lot like Jelena Dokic,Ivanovic and a couple other gals whose puberty was briefly postponed by tennis...and then turned into horny,disorganized,psychological wrecks once they were forced to deal with their hormones and the challenges of adulthood..........I agree with you that Stosur should be a decent test for Big Masha--DESPITE the 6-0 H2H record.Samantha is erratic but still a threat to absolutely anyone out there.

Unfortunately Caroline knows this all too well.:sad:

Hey, I just noticed that you removed Ana from your signature. It's kind of funny that you stuck with her for so long and now that she is finally showing some signs of life you have cut her loose.

SwissMiss19
Mar 27th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Perhaps he went to "Ana-Rehab"? =P

C. W. Fields
Mar 27th, 2011, 04:31 AM

From people watching the match it sounds like Sabine was pretty bad. Tons of UEs and she couldn't land her 1st serves.

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Unfortunately Caroline knows this all too well.:sad:

Hey, I just noticed that you removed Ana from your signature. It's kind of funny that you stuck with her for so long and now that she is finally showing some signs of life you have cut her loose.@C.W. Fields,thanks for the report

D.I.A.H.,don't believe the hype!Ana went all the way to the IW final in 2009 and soon showed her new true colors by diving into the cesspool...which included QUITTING in a Wimby 4th Round match with a cramp...and then pretending for the media that it was a 'serious muscle tear'.It was one of those special,unique muscle tears that allowed her to follow a swishy loser scumbag around a golf course for several kilometers...and yet it prevented her from practicing tennis:rolleyes:.

I don't base my fanship on titles won,otherwise I'd have nothing but Serena,Henin and Clijsters in my sig.I have to respect the PERSON and not just his/her athletic ability,and Ana has forfeited any claim to respect by acting like a shallow,self-centered,air-brained ditz.Heinz and Marija rescued Ana from becoming Vaidisova 2.0---or perhaps even CAPRIATI 2.0---and she repaid the favor by firing them as soon as her ranking returned to the Top 20...real classy moves,Ana:rolleyes:.As everyone saw when Marion stomped a MUDHOLE in Ana's ass at IW last week:devil:,Ana remains VERY fragile mentally...yet she totally lacks the integrity to admit her psychological problems...nor does she possess the moral courage to seek help and confront those issues....Just watch!It won't take long before Ana starts plummeting again...and then asswipe tennis media such as Matt Cronin will shower her with 100% undeserved sympathy...but you know what???Even if Ana made me look insane by winning three Slams this year...and gave a fortress of ammo for Caro haters...aye STILL wouldn't wanna be her fan again.....Nor would I regret placing my allegiance in Caroline!!!

Carofan
Mar 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Thank god there are party girls on the tour, girls who handle their talent like I handle beer sometimes..... like a pig.

JadeFox
Mar 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Thank god there are party girls on the tour, girls who handle their talent like I handle beer sometimes..... like a pig.

You sound like my mom. :lol:

bruce goose
Mar 27th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Thank god there are party girls on the tour, girls who handle their talent like I handle beer sometimes..... like a pig.As a Latino male,I can definitely relate to your appreciation for the WTA beauties:hearts:,but there's a difference between admiring the view and actually respecting the player.For example,I hope that Caro has better judgment in men than to hook up with that pretty scumbag Verdasco.However,even if she DID give in to human frailty,Caro at least has enough maturity to focus on her tennis and separate the other stuff from her professional career....That's why I don't focus on Caro's personal life--cuz I respect her and know that she can handle things on court,regardless

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Hey, I just noticed that you removed Ana from your signature. It's kind of funny that you stuck with her for so long and now that she is finally showing some signs of life you have cut her loose.Well,mi amigo canadiense,it's no coincidence that Ana has not only never beaten Serena,Henin,or Kim--she's never even won a set!!!(or even come that CLOSE to winning a set).Those three are mature,LEGIT champions...and Ana is only a quasi-,minor-league champion who'd PROBABLY be slam-less and #1-less had Henin not retired the first time in 2008.She melts down psychologically when facing mentally strong players who know how to counter her mindless power game...just as you'd expect from a spoiled brat who never learned anything about common sense or taking responsibility for her actions.

I won't make ANY excuses if she shocks me(/the world) by beating Kim(as long as Kim doesn't re-aggravate her previous injury)....I'll give credit where credit is due:angel:....but I'm confident that the Miami party is OVER for Ana...nor will you see her threaten to win ANY more Slams or Premiers unless there are loads of injuries to top players...or if she gets cakewalk draws where other gals knock off her nemeses and grant her an easy path.....Perhaps she'll quit tennis to become a cheesy lingerie model(her TRUE calling in life),and then her juvenile idiot fans will leave TF to spend their time bitching and whining on the cricket and badminton webpages:p

DownInAHole
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Well,mi amigo canadiense,it's no coincidence that Ana has not only never beaten Serena,Henin,or Kim--she's never even won a set!!!(or even come that CLOSE to winning a set).Those three are mature,LEGIT champions...and Ana is only a quasi-,minor-league champion who'd PROBABLY be slam-less and #1-less had Henin not retired the first time in 2008.She melts down psychologically when facing mentally strong players who know how to counter her mindless power game...just as you'd expect from a spoiled brat who never learned anything about common sense or taking responsibility for her actions.

I won't make ANY excuses if she shocks me(/the world) by beating Kim(as long as Kim doesn't re-aggravate her previous injury)....I'll give credit where credit is due:angel:....but I'm confident that the Miami party is OVER for Ana...nor will you see her threaten to win ANY more Slams or Premiers unless there are loads of injuries to top players...or if she gets cakewalk draws where other gals knock off her nemeses and grant her an easy path.....Perhaps she'll quit tennis to become a cheesy lingerie model(her TRUE calling in life),and then her juvenile idiot fans will leave TF to spend their time bitching and whining on the cricket and badminton webpages:p

I'm going to take a guess and say that some of Ana's fans may have had something to do with you terminating your support for her.:lol:

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 02:47 AM
I'm going to take a guess and say that some of Ana's fans may have had something to do with you terminating your support for her.:lol:Well,I can't deny that it played a part;)...especially when she exhibits the same infantile reasoning that her fanbase so often does.

To me,there's a difference between Schiavone and Ivanovic as fluke Slam champions: Fran wasn't born with immense athletic talent and has had to scrap and claw for her success.Plus,for many years,she had a bad habit of choking in finals and other big matches...which she eventually overcame with age.Ana,on the other hand,was LUCKY to be born with her looks and athletic gifts...not to mention her HUGE luck with an easy 2008 RG draw including,most prominently,Henin's retirement absence.Her place in history will probably be the same as Iva Majoli's.Aside from the men who occasionally reminisce over her Cover Girl face,she'll be utterly forgettable unless she marries some wealthy,powerful Fascist politician and becomes his trophy wife with an unlimited shopping account(she TOTALLY fits that profile).No self-respecting coach will ever wanna work with her after she's proven to be so spoiled and un-coachable....Good luck coaching yourself,Ana---talk about a monkey circus!:haha:

Protoss
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I think it's a bit unfair to call Ana a fluke slam winner. She had made 2 other slam finals prior to winning one.

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 03:25 AM
I think it's a bit unfair to call Ana a fluke slam winner. She had made 2 other slam finals prior to winning one....And got her ass royally kicked both times!!!It would've been a THIRD time had Henin not retired....Dinara also has three uncompetitive losses in Slam finals.I'm a Dinara fan,but I'm honest enough to admit that she has no claim on being an all-time great...not yet,at least....Ana is the biggest joke,statistically-speaking,in the entire HISTORY of #1-ranked players,women OR men.She is the EPITOME of the term 'lucky fluke'

EDIT:Oops,I forgot.She would've been the #3 seed behind Henin and JJ,so she would've been creamed by Justine in the semis and not even REACHED that 2008 final

Carofan
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Well,mi amigo canadiense,it's no coincidence that Ana has not only never beaten Serena,Henin,or Kim--she's never even won a set!!!(or even come that CLOSE to winning a set).

I dont understand the hate towards Ana. As far as I know, and this has been told many times on Danish version of Eurosport, Ana was practicing in an empty swimming pool as a kid while a war and bombs fell outside the building. Have you any idea how it is to see pure horror as a kid? Ana is fighting her own demons, but she made it to #1 and got her slam while she looked to be in mental pain every time she played a match. But she ate herself and now she lives the life she can handle outside the spotlight.

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:22 AM
To be completely fair,in THEORY Ana could've beaten Henin in the 2008 RG semis....in the same sense that the U.S. men's soccer team might win the next World Cup...but I rate both those scenarios as equally HIGHLY unlikely.The greater likelihood is that some poised veteran may have upset Henin before the semis and cleared a path for Ana.In my opinion,the only reason she played with any confidence at RG that year is b/c she knew that Justine was gone...and there were no solid clay-court aces in her path.Had Henin still been around,it wouldn't have been odd if Ana had imploded due to nerves even just prior to the matchup....and then she would've ended her career with two unimpressive Slam final losses...even less remarkable than Dinara's three Finals appearances/losses(Dinarik probably would've lost to Henin instead of Ana at RG 2008)....never would've reached #1...and would be indisputably rated as INFERIOR to Caro...which is what she is.She'd be ranked BEHIND one-Slam wonders such as Majoli,Schiavone and Virginia Wade...and would get lumped in with the MJ Fernandezes,Zina Garrisons and Helena Sukovas of WTA history

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I dont understand the hate towards Ana. As far as I know, and this has been told many times on Danish version of Eurosport, Ana was practicing in an empty swimming pool as a kid while a war and bombs fell outside the building. Have you any idea how it is to see pure horror as a kid? Ana is fighting her own demons, but she made it to #1 and got her slam while she looked to be in mental pain every time she played a match. But she ate herself and now she lives the life she can handle outside the spotlight.Well,I think that story has been exaggerated greatly for media hype purposes....I don't think that Ana was anywhere NEAR any live ammo,and she was whisked off safely to Switzerland at a young age while many of her countrymen died.

As for violence,I know all about THAT cuz I'm Mexican!Just check on the internet to see the narco-warfare on our streets every day.Last Thursday,one of my students,a production manager,saw a teenage boy get shot dead in a gang fight...and my gf and I saw a couple guys slumped over dead in a bullet-ridden car a few months back while I was driving her home.

My biggest beef with Ana is how quickly and selfishly she turns on people as soon as she is inconvenienced just slightly: Heinz and Marija saved her from being the biggest flameout-laughingstock in WTA history,and she showed her gratitude by firing BOTH once her ranking ascended.....For a lingerie model and occasional tennis player who was extremely lucky to snag a lucrative lifetime contract with Adidas,my sympathy tap has run dry:shrug:

Protoss
Mar 28th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I think Henin was gonna lose early at the French Open as she was burned out.

I think Ana would have played confidently at the French through the semis with or without Henin around. :shrug:

bruce goose
Mar 28th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I think Henin was gonna lose early at the French Open as she was burned out.

I think Ana would have played confidently at the French through the semis with or without Henin around. :shrug:As for the second part,Ana has been proven so mentally unstable--not to mention a gutless coward whenever things turn against her--that it's RARE for her to show sustained good play over any extended period.Even at her peak,she NEVER won back-to-back tourneys or even came terribly close to doing so,I don't believe....so don't hold your breath waiting to see it NOW when her serve is so pathetically erratic...we're much more likely to witness a return to her 2009 form

You have a solid case for your first assertion,though,b/c I recall how Dinara destroyed Henin with a 3rd-set bagel at Berlin 2008,so I'm halfway inclined to agree with you there.It's disappointing that defending champ Justine--whom I really don't like,btw--didn't give it one last shot at RG.If she HAD made the semis,she would've annilhilated Ana...assuming Ana didn't implode in the QFs--or earlier--for fear of getting smashed by Henin again

C. W. Fields
Mar 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Considering the patchy coverage of Miami provided by Eurosport one has to wonder at how right now both ES and ES2 are showing snooker, plus there are two ESP links to different tables!

bruce goose
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Though I'm no Miami meteorological expert,I've heard that it rains a lot there sometimes,so hat's off to the weather for holding off until we were most of the way thru the women's draw:angel:

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Considering the patchy coverage of Miami provided by Eurosport one has to wonder at how right now both ES and ES2 are showing snooker, plus there are two ESP links to different tables!

I'm still not buying this coincidence that its Eurosport fault for the crap media feeds from these two hack tournaments. The coverage was awfull last year too.

Everything about the tourneys is geared for US consumption, from the players on centre to the extended ends, and god awful scheduling.

Its all about cash in the system and bugger all to do with tradition, quality or athlete welfare. I had hoped I would grow to like them but yet again they disappoint even though Caro actually won one of them. I'm glad they are over for another 12 months.

:devil:

Protoss
Mar 29th, 2011, 05:55 AM
It kinda sucks that Caro loses in the 4th round while her bffs make it to the quarters. That just ain't right. :p

Protoss
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:03 AM
I'm still not buying this coincidence that its Eurosport fault for the crap media feeds from these two hack tournaments. The coverage was awfull last year too.

Everything about the tourneys is geared for US consumption, from the players on centre to the extended ends, and god awful scheduling.

Its all about cash in the system and bugger all to do with tradition, quality or athlete welfare. I had hoped I would grow to like them but yet again they disappoint even though Caro actually won one of them. I'm glad they are over for another 12 months.

:devil:
Aren't tournaments in Europe geared for European consumption? :p

The US Open series in the summer has it's problems with scheduling as they like to have one of the semis be at night and then have a morning or early afternoon final. :rolleyes:

Caro's done prety well in North America in her career. :)

CWTennis
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Top 10 Sporty Lady Hotties

Caroline Wozniacki, Tennis

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1259/top10sportyladyhottiesp.png
Wozniacki, originally from Denmark and the daughter of international soccer and volleyball players, took over the No. 1 ranking in women's tennis late last year. But her ascent to the top of our list may have been solidified just a week ago.

That's when she dismantled (dare we say, undressed) three-time Grand Slam champ—and former Super-Hot Tennis It-Girl—Maria Sharapova in straight sets at a tournament in Indian Wells, Calif. It was her second straight win over the Russian glamour girl.

With the Williams sisters nearing the end of their careers, Wonziacki's reign both on and off the court may be just beginning. We say, let the undressing continue!

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=3061#117424#ixzz1HzBGR1C9

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Aren't tournaments in Europe geared for European consumption? :p

Not really, they tend not to have the TV rights issues that you get in the US. Obviously the matches are played in European daylight hours but the match are available to air. There have been consistent issues in the US getting tennis broadcast live.

bruce goose
Mar 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Will have to decide later today on which tourney had the hotter octet of quarterfinalists between Doha and Miami.It partly depends on whether or not Ana pulls off the huge miracle by beating Kim in the rain-delayed match.I actually think that Kim is still attractive but most male posters seem to feel that she's lost a bit in the Looks Department since her younger days.As an overall woman,Clijsters is LOADS more appealing than Ana is,but a lot of guys would give the Serb a clear edge on strictly superficial appearances

stangtennis
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
It kinda sucks that Caro loses in the 4th round while her bffs make it to the quarters. That just ain't right. :p
The last time both Vika and Aga went deeper in a tournament than Caro was more than a year ago at Dubai 2010 according to Alf Sunde: https://twitter.com/#!/alfsunde/status/52507841273143296

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
The last time both Vika and Aga went deeper in a tournament than Caro was more than a year ago at Dubai 2010 according to Alf Sunde: https://twitter.com/#!/alfsunde/status/52507841273143296

I Have seen Alf tweet at tennisreporters a few times... Sorry if its a dumb question, but who/what is he in the real world?

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Will have to decide later today on which tourney had the hotter octet of quarterfinalists between Doha and Miami.It partly depends on whether or not Ana pulls off the huge miracle by beating Kim in the rain-delayed match.I actually think that Kim is still attractive but most male posters seem to feel that she's lost a bit in the Looks Department since her younger days.As an overall woman,Clijsters is LOADS more appealing than Ana is,but a lot of guys would give the Serb a clear edge on strictly superficial appearances

Real men don't make such decisions based on the pictures and TV. It would take a close up facial portrait with a resolution of around 2400dpi plus to extract the instinctive trigger information that determines attraction from their face. Believe it or not but first impressions are not governed by taste, they are programmed.

Ever heard the saying 'what dose he/she see in him? one square inch of cheek flesh, that's what. :)

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
He is a very intelligent man if you ask me, Dane, Lives in Switzerland, shoesize 43, height 184. ;o)and you can ask him anything you want via twitter, nothing to hide. :)

I'm not going to disagree, :) I was wondering more what his tennis credentials are? He seems to keep Mathew "I like girls that scream" Cronin in check nicely. :devil:

Protoss
Mar 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I don't like the Wta's names for the tournament types. I prefer the old tier 1, 2, 3 system.

The former tier 1s & 2s are just lumped together in the premier category. I know that technically are is the premier 5 subcategory (premier mandatories as well) but that doesn't get used often particularly by tv commentators.

The Atp has a specific name for their high level tournaments (Masters 1000 series). The Wta should have a similar type of name as well.

Protoss
Mar 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Caro is off to New York City after trying to get a tan.

Carofan
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Jankovic wowskaya butterface :drool:

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Jankovic wowskaya butterface :drool:

I thought we covered this already? ;)

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Want to ask due to constant badreps I'm getting from Caro fans, do you all hate me and my GM attitude?:awww:

backhandsmash
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I don't hate you. And I didn't badrep you. But you bait the Woz-haters too much, it makes us look bad.

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Want to ask due to constant badreps I'm getting from Caro fans, do you all hate me and my GM attitude?:awww:

Not from me... I'd rather you didn't jump on posters that try to make honest and considered posts though (The obvious exception being CW who while hiding under a veil of waffle clearly doesn't consider his posts except to be extra offensive)... As for the way you deal with the vile little trolls... that's your call as far as I'm concerned... You have as much right to a pest free environment as the rest off us...

I'm sure others will have their own opinions to share... by PM here, or other.

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I don't hate you. And I didn't badrep you. But you bait the Woz-haters too much, it makes us look bad.
Eh, I think they know I don't represent you, normal Caro fans.;)

But getting badreps like "you ugly troll" from a Dane makes me sad. Not you, backhandsmash. Did Caro ever hit a backhand smash btw?:lol:

Not from me... I'd rather you didn't jump on posters that try to make honest and considered posts though (The obvious exception being CW who while hiding under a veil of waffle clearly doesn't consider his posts except to be extra offensive)... As for the way you deal with the vile little trolls... that's your call as far as I'm concerned... You have as much right to a pest free environment as the rest off us...

I did understand your suggestion in that thread. I should respect others opinion more.:o Even if I very dislike those.

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Eh, I think they know I don't represent you, normal Caro fans.;)

But getting badreps like "you ugly troll" from a Dane makes me sad.

Their a are a fair few Danes here that aren't Caro fans... and a fair few Dane's that fly other colours... Are you sure it was a Dane?

Also remember that we Caro fans are from a wide spectrum of society... and don't always have to agree... We have ex athletes, Latino males ;), German tennis babes, youngsters, oldsters, :) married with kids, single with freedom, statisticians, gut feelingans, Patriots, Libertarians, Happy ones, grumpy ones, experts, amateurs, obsessed with tennis ones, fleetingly interested ones, pretending to care ones, 24/7 in love ones, nervous as hell ones, and down right optimistic ones... A damn fine spread if you ask me, all with different values, united by a liking of Caro. :)

I did understand your suggestion in that thread. I should respect others opinion more.:o Even if I very dislike those.

Well, if their is an actual discussion going on... It's just a tad annoying when it gets derailed... that's all. :) Most hate doesn't hold up to discussion or scrutiny.

tea
Mar 29th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Their a are a fair few Danes here that aren't Caro fans... and a fair few Dane's that fly other colours... Are you sure it was a Dane?
Guess his/her username was PushWoz and he/she has a Danish flag. Don't think it's a random fan, a sensitive one must be.;)

Also remember that we Caro fans are from a wide spectrum of society... and don't always have to agree... We have ex athletes, Latino males ;), German tennis babes, youngsters, oldsters, :) married with kids, single with freedom, statisticians, gut feelingans, Patriots, Libertarians, Happy ones, grumpy ones, experts, amateurs, obsessed with tennis ones, fleetingly interested ones, pretending to care ones, 24/7 in love ones, nervous as hell ones, and down right optimistic ones... A damn fine spread if you ask me, all with different values, united by a liking of Caro. :)

:lol: Great description. I thought of you like of the grumpy one (no offense:p), but always a reasonble one.

You know what I like is that Caro is indeed getting universally popular. Williamses had hard time becoming popular in Europe, Henin had hard time becoming popural in the US (I doubt she succeeded in the end), but Caro seems like already is loved everywhere. And this particular fact makes TF's haters maaaad.:lol:

terjw
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Nope - not me. Who badrepped you anyway?

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Nope - not me. Who badrepped you anyway?

Your post has been redirected here:

Guess his/her username was PushWoz and he/she has a Danish flag. Don't think it's a random fan, a sensitive one must be.;)

Hmm, can't say i have seen them in the Caro fan section... Looking at the posting history they seem to be more of a social threads poster.

:lol: Great description. I thought of you like of the grumpy one (no offense:p), but always a reasonble one.

Me Grumpy? who the hell do you think you are... ;) :devil::lol: <humour disclaimer>

I can be as grumpy as any where trolls are concerned I guess, but I'm pretty sure i crack the odd joke too :)

You know what I like is that Caro is indeed getting universally popular. Williamses had hard time becoming popular in Europe, Henin had hard time becoming popural in the US (I doubt she succeeded in the end), but Caro seems like already is loved everywhere. And this particular fact makes TF's haters maaaad.:lol:

Everywhere but Florida it seems... :)

FormerlyKnownAs
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM

No I do not hate you, you like all of the other GM trolls are a joke and not worth giving the satisfaction of a bad rep.

Why do you come phishing here, not getting enough attention on GM?? I for one will not give you a pat on the head, and tell what a great "FAN" you are. You enjoy the arguing , its not the tennis you are interested in.

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
^^^ @FormallyKnownAs

I like the little addition to the signature :)

bruce goose
Mar 29th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Real men don't make such decisions based on the pictures and TV. It would take a close up facial portrait with a resolution of around 2400dpi plus to extract the instinctive trigger information that determines attraction from their face. Believe it or not but first impressions are not governed by taste, they are programmed.

Ever heard the saying 'what dose he/she see in him? one square inch of cheek flesh, that's what. :)Sometimes,you are anal with your over-analysis,Burisleif....I get the impression that you-d make falling off a stool a highly technical process:lol:

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Sometimes,you are anal with your over-analysis,Burisleif....I get the impression that you-d make falling off a stool a highly technical process:lol:

Well, actually if you consider the overall force vectors that are going on in the.... :p

You got my point re the reality of attraction... I have known a lot of Fashion models over the years, and very often, their has been no relationship between the photogenic, and real life allure... We both know there is more to attraction than looks.

What can I say... I have had to study lots of female anatomy, psycho sexual chemistry, and more over the years relating to my work, and also shared a house with eight very pretty and hormonal girls as a student.

Having a clinical understanding of attraction doesn't get in the way of real life emotional situations or attraction at all.

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.

Constable

DownInAHole
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:31 PM

To answer your question, no, I certainly do not hate you. I don't hate anyone on these boards. I find some of the extreme Caroline bashers annoying/exasperating but some of them are fine to talk to if it is regarding something other than Caroline. I don't like some of your posts. It's fine to have a favourite player and cheer for them but I think that you should also have respect for the other players and their fans.

Burisleif
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Oh dear, poor Ana.... Leading 5-1 40-15 in the final set to Kim, she loses the match in a tiebreaker... That's got to hurt...

Frederik
Mar 29th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Oh dear, poor Ana.... Leading 5-1 40-15 in the final set to Kim, she loses the match in a tiebreaker... That's got to hurt...

5-1 40-0

Definitely an epic choke...:eek:

backhandsmash
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Well, Bruce must be happy, at least.

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM
An all time Kim comeback and it wasn't televised...

backhandsmash
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Are the other players really THAT scared of Kim? You gotta think this is the case.

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Are the other players really THAT scared of Kim? You gotta think this is the case.

I don't know... I don't think Caro is.

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Well, actually if you consider the overall force vectors that are going on in the.... :p

You got my point re the reality of attraction... I have known a lot of Fashion models over the years, and very often, their has been no relationship between the photogenic, and real life allure... We both know there is more to attraction than looks.

What can I say... I have had to study lots of female anatomy, psycho sexual chemistry, and more over the years relating to my work, and also shared a house with eight very pretty and hormonal girls as a student.

Having a clinical understanding of attraction doesn't get in the way of real life emotional situations or attraction at all.As you hopefully realized,my earlier post was affectionate ribbing...and I agree very much with your general theme above.I actually dated a model once(not knowing of her model status at the beginning),and she definitely wasn't anywhere near the cutest gal I knew.As a rule,models are VERY rarely remarkably beautiful when they are removed from their thorough airbrushing.As you've seen me post before,though I avidly OBSERVE physical beauty,it's never an overpowering factor when I consider a woman's overall loveliness:angel:

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Well, Bruce must be happy, at least.NEGATIVE!!I almost never take any pleasure from someone else's failures.I would've enjoyed seeing Michael Jackson get kicked in the teeth and writhing in pain...as I would with ANY pedophile...but those are ultra-rare exceptions....I've been vindicated somewhat cuz Ana showed what a prototypical,gutless choker she is...and this supports my assertion that an even half-motivated Henin would've destroyed Ana in the 2008 RG semis.Indeed,despite her superior physical tools,Ana is no better than slamless former players such as MJ Fernandez,Zina Garrison or Helena Sukova...or current WTAers like Petrova,Pennetta and A.Radwanska...

....But,irrespective of her shallowness,Ana is not a witch and she DOES have some sweet qualities that manifest themselves sometimes...so,NO....I don't derive any joy from Ana's sadness or choke...but aye AM happy for Kim,who's much classier,IMO

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Okay,guys...it's a tougher call with Ana's belated dismissal from the Round of 16,but what do you say in terms of Collective Beauty?

Doha

Caro
Flavia
Peng
Marion
JJ
'Kookie'(or 'Zako',now;))
Dani
Vera

or Miami

Petko
JJ
Big Masha
Dulgheru
Aga-Rad
Vera
Vika
Kim

????????????

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:16 AM
Okay,guys...it's a tougher call with Ana's belated dismissal from the Round of 16,but what do you say in terms of Collective Beauty?

????????????

Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday.

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Audrey Hepburn, Roman Holiday.Well,Burisleif,I'm not gonna stop raising those occasional questions even if you keep posting your subtle,restrained complaints:p.If I get LOTS of complaints from various posters,then I'll be diplomatic and cease asking the Beauty question:angel:....Sorry that you deleted your other post,the one I read in my e-mail inbox...but take heart:hug: that such issues don't arise with every tourney QF;)

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Well,Burisleif,I'm not gonna stop raising those occasional questions even if you keep posting your subtle,restrained complaints:p.If I get LOTS of complaints from various posters,then I'll be diplomatic and cease asking the Beauty question:angel:....Sorry that you deleted your other post,the one I read in my e-mail inbox...but take heart:hug: that such issues don't arise with every tourney QF;)

Well, on balance, I would say the girls at Indian wells have it according to my taste, both tennis and looks wise... Happy? :D

I'm still confused regarding Ana's supposed stellar looks... They don't do it for me... I have a fair few Serbian friends :hearts:... Petkovic would get my vote here, but as you know its all about the tennis for me ;)

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Well, on balance, I would say the girls at Indian wells have it according to my taste, both tennis and looks wise... Happy? :D

I'm still confused regarding Ana's supposed stellar looks... They don't do it for me... I have a fair few Serbian friends :hearts:... Petkovic would get my vote here, but as you know its all about the tennis for me ;)Yes,I'm quite happy to see you exhibit some raw male shallowness:lol:...as for your opinion on Ana,that's nothing new.It goes back to the Eye-of-the-Beholder saying.I consider Megan Fox's appearance to be that of a cheap,slutty tramp...FAR from irresistible...and supposed 'super'model Heidi Klum was never more than a 'mediocr(e)a'model to me.It's a charming aspect to our humanity,IMO,that we often have such divergent tastes

C. W. Fields
Mar 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM

I hope "CW" is Corswandt and not me!!??

WozLolz
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Well,Burisleif,I'm not gonna stop raising those occasional questions even if you keep posting your subtle,restrained complaints:p.If I get LOTS of complaints from various posters,then I'll be diplomatic and cease asking the Beauty question:angel:....Sorry that you deleted your other post,the one I read in my e-mail inbox...but take heart:hug: that such issues don't arise with every tourney QF;)

Complaint. :devil:

They're tennis players, not models. If you want to judge their beauty and rank them like objects, go ahead. I'd rather judge their tennis...them being tennis players and all.;)

Ranking women (or men) based on looks is degrading, whether you mean well or not. Doing so only helps to exacerbate the problems women in sports face. Women in sport have a hard enough time being taken seriously. They work hard, and frankly, I think they deserve better than being "ranked" by physical assets.

Eek, being serious is hard.

Carofan
Mar 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Obama is a lucky man. Can he handle this much awesomeness :D

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I hope "CW" is Corswandt and not me!!??

You're safe :)

tea
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:24 PM
No I do not hate you, you like all of the other GM trolls are a joke and not worth giving the satisfaction of a bad rep.

Why do you come phishing here, not getting enough attention on GM?? I for one will not give you a pat on the head, and tell what a great "FAN" you are. You enjoy the arguing , its not the tennis you are interested in.
Oh, I will be heading from here... don't worry. Anyway this is an off-topic thread so I thought I may ask a question that bothered me a bit.

I enjoy tennis when I'm watching it on TV, but you're right I like arguing too when I am on this board. My interest in tennis is fully satisfed by simply reading some quality posters' (like you:rolleyes:) posts. Eveything else in GM is a game and it's fun. Sorry for taking you precious time, our conversation will never take place again.

bruce goose
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Complaint. :devil:

They're tennis players, not models. If you want to judge their beauty and rank them like objects, go ahead. I'd rather judge their tennis...them being tennis players and all.;)

Ranking women (or men) based on looks is degrading, whether you mean well or not. Doing so only helps to exacerbate the problems women in sports face. Women in sport have a hard enough time being taken seriously. They work hard, and frankly, I think they deserve better than being "ranked" by physical assets.

Eek, being serious is hard.Obviously,I don't fully agree with your opinions,but I promise to take them into consideration and I may,eventually,completely cease such posts...we'll see.

I don't think it's the least bit degrading for me to say,for example,"IMO,Caro is prettier than Radwanska." I don't buy that AT ALL;however,there are plenty of other topics to discuss in this thread so I may abandon that other theme merely for diplomacy's sake

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Well he likes facts, (not the invented ones), keeping them honest you know. Played a bit tennis when young, but just have general interest in tennis mostly the WTA, since its good to be a danish tennis buff these days.

I noticed alfsunde linked to KleineBiere's Service stats in the stats thread today... He obviously reads this player forum (Hejsa Alf, keep up the great tweets) but I don't suppose if you know weather he posts here too?

Carofan
Mar 30th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Come on Aga! :clap2:

SwissMiss19
Mar 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
The art of flying rackets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI_fR8OS404

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Obviously,I don't fully agree with your opinions,but I promise to take them into consideration and I may,eventually,completely cease such posts...we'll see.

I don't think it's the least bit degrading for me to say,for example,"IMO,Caro is prettier than Radwanska." I don't buy that AT ALL;however,there are plenty of other topics to discuss in this thread so I may abandon that other theme merely for diplomacy's sake

6 eggs
Rye bread (Danish full corn)
Butter
Buffalo Mozzarella
Spanish plum tomatoes fresh
Fresh basil
Black pepper corns
Sea salt
Carapelli Reserva EV Oilve Oil
Fattorie Giacobazzi Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Limes
Mackerel fillets
Gavi
Green&Blacks organic Vanilla Ice Cream
Innocent mango and passion fruit smoothie
Fresh Passion Fruits
Lindt 70% Chocolate.

^^^ That's a lunch menu... My lunch menu...
Notice the conspicuous absence of humans on it?
That's right, women are not commodities you buy at a supermarket.
Why the need for a >List<?

MODERATOR: You may ask questions now.

Bruce Goose: Caroline you are an amazingly beautiful women.

CW: Thank you, hopefully you like my tennis too?

Bruce Goose: caroline You are much Prettier than Aga Radwanska and Butterface.

CW: Aga is a lovely girl who plays great tennis, any man would be lucky to meat her, and Butterface is a charming girl and player too.

Bruce Goose: Caroline Your ranked N.3 in my list of hot tennis babes, why do you think that is and what's your opinion on No.1?

MODERATOR: Could somebody pass him a towel, his nose is bleeding on the carpet.

MODERATOR: And while you're at it, can you get some ice for his testicles.

MODERATOR: Any other 'Latino Males' needing their features rearranging, pass Caroline their list now please.

Burisleif
Mar 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Well I don't think he posts a lot in here, even including this one which he is typing as we speak ;)you will not find many from him kollun=alf sunde ( I thought knowing shoesize and hight was a giveaway ) :) I mostly post on twitter since i like the fast response and the possibility to engage in talks with many different opinions, but still admire the knowledge and read the posts in here.

:) I had my idea, we like to verify our facts here too.. ;) Its not Tennis reporters net after all :lol: I'd steer well clear of quoting the rubbish I post though... :)

stangtennis
Mar 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I Have seen Alf tweet at tennisreporters a few times... Sorry if its a dumb question, but who/what is he in the real world?
Since you asked, here's his LinkedIn profile with his resume: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alf-sunde/0/43/307
First link that pops up if you Google his name.

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:02 AM
6 eggs
Rye bread (Danish full corn)
Butter
Buffalo Mozzarella
Spanish plum tomatoes fresh
Fresh basil
Black pepper corns
Sea salt
Carapelli Reserva EV Oilve Oil
Fattorie Giacobazzi Balsamic Vinegar
Fresh Limes
Mackerel fillets
Gavi
Green&Blacks organic Vanilla Ice Cream
Innocent mango and passion fruit smoothie
Fresh Passion Fruits
Lindt 70% Chocolate.

^^^ That's a lunch menu... My lunch menu...
Notice the conspicuous absence of humans on it?
That's right, women are not commodities you buy at a supermarket.
Why the need for a >List<?It's nice to see you admit what a violence-loving savage you really are beneath that thin film of sophisticated exterior:p.You shouldn't waste your time trying to frighten me,though,since I've worked in the prison system and been THIS close to the kind of animals who'd kill one of their siblings for a pack of cigarettes(this doesn't even take into account the everyday narco-brutality that my countrymen and I deal with so frequently...likely far worse than anything YOU'Ve ever encountered in your soft,enclosed intellectual world;))

I notice an absence of INTEGRITY in your post;THAT's what I notice:lol:...if you were really being honest,then you'd acknowledge how I abandoned Cover Girl Ana largely because she lacks the character and human qualities that Caroline possesses...then again,you Socialists have ALWAYS been heavy on blather & rhetoric and low on old-fashioned Reality:p

Burisleif
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Ja ja eh? :confused:

Mexico sounds nice these days, I have seen more than my fair share of madness... Anyway you appear to have completely missed my point... :)

So what did you make of the Vika-Clijsters match? Thats got to hurt double?

Makes me wonder what could have been if Miami had started on the Monday after instead...

"I think no matter what the rankings say, she's the hottest player at the moment."

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:47 AM
Ja ja eh? :confused:

Mexico sounds nice these days, I have seen more than my fair share of madness... Anyway you appear to have completely missed my point... :)

So what did you make of the Vika-Clijsters match? Thats got to hurt double?

Makes me wonder what could have been if Miami had started on the Monday after instead...

"I think no matter what the rankings say, she's the hottest player at the moment."Nahhh,I don't think that aye MISSED your point;I'd say that you just established it very poorly:p...although you should remember that THIS medium doesn't usually have the same clarity that a phone or face-to-face conversation does,so being opaque isn't necessarily a good approach when explaining yourself.In contrast,I'll be BLUNT: I have no problem at all with women who demand equal protection & respect under the law,yet I'll never be cowed by dykey feminists who wanna demagogue every normal,red-blooded male as if he were tantamount to a rapist simply for declaring his admiration for a woman's physical beauty.Of course,there are highly disrespectful ways to comment on such attributes,but the fact that I've never expressed any desire for intimacy with Caro---combined with my FREQUENT praise for her internal qualities that are superior to those of dizzy Cover Girls--should be a fairly damned clear indicator that my estimation of Caro is WELL beyond skin deep.

Couldn't watch the Vika-Clijsters match cuz I was at my late afternoon class but,if you're referring to Ana being the one who's hurting double,then I'm not really sure of the answer.Ana does all that she can to hide from Reality in her pathetic little make-believe world...so I can't say whether she assesses the aftermath with Vika v.Kim as you've done.She'll forever be a choker & fraudulent Slam champion until she chooses to own up to her shortcomings and seek help...as opposed to killing or despising the messenger of bad news as she's always done.If she's gonna perpetually continue this charade,then she may as well retire from tennis and become a lingerie model...which is the sort of career that perfectly fits her current shallow personality...perhaps some European dictator like the one in Belarus will attend one of Ana's runway shows and invite her to be his trophy wife with an unlimited shopping budget.....She'd probably pee her pants with joy at that invitation:lol:

DownInAHole
Mar 31st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Listen Burisleif and bruce goose, I don't want to do it but if you boys don't play nice with each other I will turn the hose on you and give the pair of you a thorough soaking! Now, shake hands and give each other a nice hug.:p

WozLolz
Mar 31st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Don't throw the water quite yet, DownInAHole. :D

Bruce, you seem to have a problem with a lot of different groups of people.:sad: The homophobia in some of your posts indicates a dislike for homosexuals.:rolleyes: You mentioned that you had (past tense) a hatred of Spaniards. Poor Rafa...such a nice dude.:cool: You don't like Brits, "socialists" (which, I assume, probably means you hate all of western Europe), women, tennis players who abandon their blogs prematurely.:lol: Who else?

Anyway, I don't like to argue. But when I see stuff that makes me feel uncomfortable, I'm going to type/act/speak out. I'm sorry, but ranking tennis players 1-8 on a scale of hotness doesn't sit well with me...especially on Car:hearts:line's message board. She's a serious tennis player (#1, 15-LOVE! :yeah: ).There must be millions of dudes with loads of time on their hands who'd love to rank girls and dissect their assets one by one (figuratively only, I hope). You can also take your homophobia, your disdain for women who assert any semblance of sexuality, and your distaste for Western Europe/intellectuals/whoever else there. I really don't think it belongs anywhere, but do what you must. :wavey:

bruce goose
Mar 31st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Don't throw the water quite yet, DownInAHole. :D

Bruce, you seem to have a problem with a lot of different groups of people.:sad: The homophobia in some of your posts indicates a dislike for homosexuals.:rolleyes: You mentioned that you had (past tense) a hatred of Spaniards. Poor Rafa...such a nice dude.:cool: You don't like Brits, "socialists" (which, I assume, probably means you hate all of western Europe), women, tennis players who abandon their blogs prematurely.:lol: Who else?

Anyway, I don't like to argue. But when I see stuff that makes me feel uncomfortable, I'm going to type/act/speak out. I'm sorry, but ranking tennis players 1-8 on a scale of hotness doesn't sit well with me...especially on Car:hearts:line's message board. She's a serious tennis player (#1, 15-LOVE! :yeah: ).There must be millions of dudes with loads of time on their hands who'd love to rank girls and dissect their assets one by one (figuratively only, I hope). You can also take your homophobia, your disdain for women who assert any semblance of sexuality, and your distaste for Western Europe/intellectuals/whoever else there. I really don't think it belongs anywhere, but do what you must. :wavey:I'm waving right back at you cuz YOU can leave if you wish:wavey:....I'm not going anywhere.If you dare to be honest(which I doubt),then you'll admit that the feminist movement has been largely hijacked by militant,man-hating extremists.While there are plenty of gals like my sister who have honest,pure intentions,there's a disproportionately large group of leaders who are out of touch with the lives of NORMAL women....Even feminist Camille Paglia has spoken on this at length so you're welcome to google her name and read her writings to confirm that

You show lots of self-righteous judgmental attitude in your post above,with a mindset that is highly limited by your enslavement to rigid,close-minded philosophy.See if you can find other posters--who are more grounded in reality--who'll second your accusation that I hate Caro due to my alleged hatred of all women...One difference between you and me is that I'm not too arrogant to admit when I'm wrong and I'll listen to reason(as with Rafa)....You don't have enough time,or credibility,in this forum to banish me,so.......:wavey: to YOU if you're THAT uncomfortable...there are plenty of other forums like Ana's where your Thought Police tactics are encouraged

Crockett
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Come on, Bruce, you are lowering the standard of discussion too much here.

If you dare to be honest(which I doubt),then you'll admit that the feminist movement has been largely hijacked by militant,man-hating extremists.While there are plenty of gals like my sister who have honest,pure intentions,there's a disproportionately large group of leaders who are out of touch with the lives of NORMAL women....Even feminist Camille Paglia has spoken on this at length so you're welcome to google her name and read her writings to confirm that
This is a straw man. You are putting up an argument against an assertion that has not been put forward here.

You show lots of self-righteous judgmental attitude in your post above,with a mindset that is highly limited by your enslavement to rigid,close-minded philosophy.
This is primitive name-calling. That is a waste of everybody's time.

See if you can find other posters--who are more grounded in reality--who'll second your accusation that I hate Caro due to my alleged hatred of all women
That is another straw man. No one seems to have claimed that you hate Caroline.

But I will take this opportunity to second the assertion that you seem to hate an extraordinarily large number of groups of people.

One difference between you and me is that I'm not too arrogant to admit when I'm wrong
That is a groundless personal attack.

You don't have enough time,or credibility,in this forum to banish me,so
And this is an opinion that supports being impolite for the sake of being impolite. It implies a standard where you can be as rude as you want to anyone who does not have the right to banish you. That standard is much too low for what I would like to see here. I would much prefer that we could be polite to each other because it came naturally for us to be polite.

For some reason, you have chosen to behave like a teenage brat all of a sudden. I can't understand why you want to do that. The credibility you lose in that way is down the drain in a jiffy, and it takes months to rebuild it. Why would you want to post in a forum like this when there is a high risk that no one is going to take you seriously?

Burisleif
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Nahhh,I don't think that aye MISSED your point;I'd say that you just established it very poorly:p...

Ok that's end of this conversation as far as I'm concerned. See my post #109, You personally confirmed that you understood the message?

This is the tennis section, specifically Caroline's.

Anyway, I don't like to argue. But when I see stuff that makes me feel uncomfortable, I'm going to type/act/speak out. I'm sorry, but ranking tennis players 1-8 on a scale of hotness doesn't sit well with me...especially on Car:hearts:line's message board. She's a serious tennis player

Bingo.

Listen Burisleif and bruce goose, I don't want to do it but if you boys don't play nice with each other I will turn the hose on you and give the pair of you a thorough soaking! Now, shake hands and give each other a nice hug.:p

I completely agree with your sentiments.

This thread is supposed to bring Caro fans that post here closer together, not cause rifts between them. If a subject is overly divisive than drop it. Repeating verbatim that same subject divisive is pretty antisocial... Is there anything unclear about that?

Burisleif
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:10 PM
Couldn't watch the Vika-Clijsters match cuz I was at my late afternoon class but,if you're referring to Ana being the one who's hurting double,

No, I'm referring to Kim being the favourite for the tournament and supposedly the main obstacle in general. The question is open to all and I was wondering about our thoughts on Kim's form especially considering that she is being held up by certain media as the rightful number one.

I don't follow Kim that closely but made a point of watching her at both IW and Miami.

WozLolz
Mar 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
I'm waving right back at you cuz YOU can leave if you wish:wavey:....I'm not going anywhere.If you dare to be honest(which I doubt),then you'll admit that the feminist movement has been largely hijacked by militant,man-hating extremists.While there are plenty of gals like my sister who have honest,pure intentions,there's a disproportionately large group of leaders who are out of touch with the lives of NORMAL women....Even feminist Camille Paglia has spoken on this at length so you're welcome to google her name and read her writings to confirm that

You show lots of self-righteous judgmental attitude in your post above,with a mindset that is highly limited by your enslavement to rigid,close-minded philosophy.See if you can find other posters--who are more grounded in reality--who'll second your accusation that I hate Caro due to my alleged hatred of all women...One difference between you and me is that I'm not too arrogant to admit when I'm wrong and I'll listen to reason(as with Rafa)....You don't have enough time,or credibility,in this forum to banish me,so.......:wavey: to YOU if you're THAT uncomfortable...there are plenty of other forums like Ana's where your Thought Police tactics are encouraged

Hmm, is this even a response to my post? You read a lot into it and seem to be responding to issues I didn't raise. :kiss: I didn't "banish" you. I just think your disparaging remarks directed toward whole classes of people don't belong anywhere, least of all here.

I didn't raise the issue of feminism. I don't know who the leaders are. All I know is that Ashley Judd could be the leader of my feminist movement any day. :hearts: And Camille Paglia is a chauvinist male's feminist, not a real one.:o

Also, I certainly didn't say, or even infer, that you hate Caroline. I do, however, hope she never agrees to blog for wtatennis.com. If she didn't write a goodbye blog, who knows what would happen? :scared:

Onward.:bounce:

DownInAHole
Mar 31st, 2011, 03:40 PM
No, I'm referring to Kim being the favourite for the tournament and supposedly the main obstacle in general. The question is open to all and I was wondering about our thoughts on Kim's form especially considering that she is being held up by certain media as the rightful number one.

I don't follow Kim that closely but made a point of watching her at both IW and Miami.

I did not watch the whole match (I missed the first four games of the first set) but Kim looked kind of bored on court yesterday. It was very strange. It seemed like in several games she wasn't trying but when she got down she started to play better. I don't want to take credit away from Vika but Kim played fairly poorly. Briefly it looked like Kim might stage another comeback after being down 1-5 but credit to Azarenka for not letting that happen.

I think the Petkovic/Sharapova match will probably be pretty ugly. Both players are coming off three set matches and the possibility of tons of unforced errors and double faults is pretty high. I'd like to see Petkovic squeak through solely because I think she will deliver better in the final.

I am really excited for Zvonareva/Azarenka. Vera should win but hopefully Vika can put up a better fight than the last two times that they played.

Whoever wins this it will be a big title for them and should give them a nice boost heading into the clay season. I think the winner of Vera/Vika has to be the heavy favourite but the WTA is ever unpredictable.

terjw
Mar 31st, 2011, 08:54 PM
I did not watch the whole match (I missed the first four games of the first set) but Kim looked kind of bored on court yesterday. It was very strange. It seemed like in several games she wasn't trying but when she got down she started to play better. I don't want to take credit away from Vika but Kim played fairly poorly. Briefly it looked like Kim might stage another comeback after being down 1-5 but credit to Azarenka for not letting that happen.

I think the Petkovic/Sharapova match will probably be pretty ugly. Both players are coming off three set matches and the possibility of tons of unforced errors and double faults is pretty high. I'd like to see Petkovic squeak through solely because I think she will deliver better in the final.

I am really excited for Zvonareva/Azarenka. Vera should win but hopefully Vika can put up a better fight than the last two times that they played.

Whoever wins this it will be a big title for them and should give them a nice boost heading into the clay season. I think the winner of Vera/Vika has to be the heavy favourite but the WTA is ever unpredictable.

All my favs are out - Caro, JJ, and now Kim. I want Vera to win now. The thought of a Masha vs Vika final on who can be the most annoying and shriek the loudest. No thank you.