PDA

View Full Version : would it make any change in the rankings with maggie winning?

GoGoMaggie
Oct 27th, 2002, 09:07 AM
How many ranking points will maggie receive if she wins the final? is her ranking gonna get any higher?

Julian Byatt
Oct 27th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Hi gogo, I've tried to work this out, this is the best I could do.

If Maggie wins, she should pick up 222 pts, taking her to a total of 1808 pts. I think that should lift her above both Rubin and Schnyder (that INCLUDES the pts Chanda picked up this week)

If she loses, she should pick up 130 pts which should be enough to just pass Schnyder but not quite enough to pass Rubin.

So, to answer your question, she should climb 2 places (to 13) if she wins and one place (to 14) even if she loses!!!

I'm pretty sure of this but please don't hold it against me if I'm wrong!!!

GoGoMaggie
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:20 PM
many thanx Julian. im happy to hear regardless of the result of the final, her ranking will go up next week. hope to see her breaak back into top 10 early next year when she should pick up a lot of pints if she plays as well as she is now given that she didnt play that well at the same time of this year.

Julian Byatt
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:37 PM
If she can carry this form into the first three months of next year, she will have to go close to the top 10.
Another positive is that after the Australian circuit, I think there are about 5 indoor tournaments!!!

Fingers crossed for today!!

GoGoMaggie
Oct 27th, 2002, 12:48 PM
yeah she doesnt have too many points to defend during the better part of next year as she didnt play well until the very end of this season. she made it to the fourth round at the aussie open this year so that s the only tourney where she has to defend a chunk of points. well, if she plays well at the year end championships like making it to the semis or something, the chance will be even better!! yeah let s keep our fingers crossed for her sucess, Julian!!