PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Indian Wells

cosmoose
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Sabine's Quali draw.
She will play second match after 10am tomorrow.

[12] Sorana Cirstea
[WC] Sabine Lisicki

[WC] Monica Puig
[22] Anne Keothavong

cosmoose
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:44 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/cozmoose/Untitled-3.png

hellas719
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:51 AM
I like both of them and I don't know who to root for :sad:

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:05 AM
It's Sabine for me of course :) I like Sorana as well. Sabine is yet to beat Sorana but I hope that will change tomorrow.

Sasja
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:53 AM

I know, it's the same for me :sobbing:
And they both could use a good result here, especially Sabine.

Good luck :cheer:

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Sabine at such a low of No 216 needs the result more :help:

Qalahari
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Go Sabine :cheer:

vuhvuh
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I wouldnīt say Sabine needs the result more! Sori has 50 points to defend from last year. I like both too. But I root for Sori, but I would be happy/sorry for that one who will win/lose. so it sucks. and I feel really bad because as I get to know Sabine got a WC I knew it can be danger for Sori, eventhough may be not, really donīt know how is sabine playing and that but itīs extremely tough and challenge for both! Simply I am unlucky fellow =(

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
If Sabine plays good tennis she will win, it definitely depends on her as she is better player but it could be tough as Sabine is not consistent yet and often has problems to make the important points but Cirsteas latest results were pretty bad, so a win from Cirstea today would be disappointing for sure!

Omega1
Mar 7th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think this match will be very balanced.
Sabine can win it. :hearts: Too bad we do not see this match can.
I will press for Sabine fingers crossed very tightly. :cheer:

Dorien.
Mar 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Good luck Sabine :rocker: You can do it :cheer:

Nena_xxx
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM

+1

Carsten
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:48 PM
go Sabine! Winable match :)

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Good luck Sabine!

By the way, Sabine entered to Family Circle Cup, Charleston!

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Sabine is such a pathetic idiot :o
*54 and 65* serving for the match and he loses the set 67 of course, no mental strength at all, so poor! :smash:

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:40 PM
OMG Sabine was serving for the match but couldn't hold her serve.. Now it is final set :help:

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
*54 and 65* serving for the match and he loses the set 67 of course, no mental strength at all, so poor! :smash:

Watch your language :fiery:

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:43 PM
^^ dont read it if you donīt like :p

But that says it all, could easily add that to my list I posted before, she wastes her chances in every match but yet they all still pretend that Sabine is mentally stong :cuckoo:

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:43 PM

I'm upset as well but don't say that :fiery:

Let's not give up yet!

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I still believe Sabine! She can make a comeback!

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:02 PM
She Has Rebreak!!!! I Told You! You Have To Believe Her! She Won't Let This Bad Luck Happen Again! Go Sabine Go!

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Sabine :confused::help::tape: Please rebreak again..

DownInAHole
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
This is one of the unfortunate things about Sabine being in the position where she needs to play in the qualifying rounds. If she wins this match she still has other matches to win before she gets into the main draw. Long three set matches like this will only tire her out and if she is able to make it into the main draw she will be fairly exhausted and not have much energy left. All that is just a long way of saying that it is important for her to win these qualifying matches as quickly as possible to give herself the best chance to win some matches in the main draw.

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Why can't she hold serve? :(

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Thatīs it, Sabine can be really proud again of herself :yeah: :o

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Thatīs it, Sabine can be really proud again of herself :yeah: :o

Why you are saying these kind of words to her? She is your country girl.. You should support of instead of saying these kind of words.. If you want criticize her go do it but don't bully!

Omega1
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Es tut mir so leid :sad:
2:5 in dritten Satzt:sad:

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm so sad.... She was serving for the match and couldn't hold her serve again. Again the same problem :banghead:

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:26 PM
as a fan you are allowed to criticize , and what else to do after such a match?
Her problem is her mental strength, she just gets too tight and nervous, when it counts , that is obvious and she needs to change sth, otherwise that wonīt get better, I mean, she even managed to lose against Cirstea, who also is mentally down these days!

and I am sorry that I am not like you, who probably has screensaver with a Sabine pic or walls covered with Sabine , she is my countrywoman and I am supporting her, thatīs why I am mad now, and thatīs it but some of you tend to be fanatic, thatīs the problem!

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Same old problems for our girl. The matches against Manisieva and Hradecka re-visted :sad: Cirstea is a top 100 player but she was definately beatable today but Sabine just can't close out pressure matches :o Love Sabine and won't stop supporting her but it's all too predictable of late.

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
as a fan you are allowed to criticize , and what else to do after such a match?
Her problem is her mental strength, she just gets too tight and nervous, when it counts , that is obvious and she needs to change sth, otherwise that wonīt get better, I mean, she even managed to lose against Cirstea, who also is mentally down these days!

and I am sorry that I am not like you, who probably has screensaver with a Sabine pic or walls covered with Sabine , she is my countrywoman and I am supporting her, thatīs why I am mad now, and thatīs it but some of you tend to be fanatic, thatīs the problem!

We know that everything you say is right about her problem being mental. It's just that we don't like it if you call her names. How does this help?

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM
have you seen other threads, I donīt know, I see the biggest fans of some players and they still say "fuck you" whenever their favs choke or lose, just as they are disappointed, how would you react if I would be like that? U are just too sensitive about Sabine, let others talk their way, as I respect your talking

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Michael criticizing someone with pulling her leg and insulting her doesn't brings success to her.. If you want to criticize her go and do I do it also but without insulting her.
If this is a mental problem, I believe so, there is nothing for us to do except giving her morale...

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:42 PM
have you seen other threads, I donīt know, I see the biggest fans of some players and they still say "fuck you" whenever their favs choke or lose, just as they are disappointed, how would you react if I would be like that? U are just too sensitive about Sabine, let others talk their way, as I respect your talking

I DON'T GIVE A SH.T TO OTHER PLAYERS but people say those words because they are betting to their match! For a true fan, he/she will never ever say that to his/her favorite player. Sabine is not choking just loosing because of her mental problem.

I support my player this way, you can free to say it is a fanaticism but for me it is just a supporting..

Michael!
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:47 PM
^^ as I said, I never comment anything of what you say, I respect your way of being a fan, and that is also what I expect from you and I wonīt change my attitude bc of you or anyone else and when I follow a match where someone chokes , I get mad and then I am not able to post sth like " aww, poor sabine, too bad that she lost after *54 and *65 but I still love her", that is up to fans like you, I will take over the asshole part then in this thread :)

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM
^^ as I said, I never comment anything of what you say, I respect your way of being a fan, and that is also what I expect from you and I wonīt change my attitude bc of you or anyone else and when I follow a match where someone chokes , I get mad and then I am not able to post sth like " aww, poor sabine, too bad that she lost after *54 and *65 but I still love her", that is up to fans like you, I will take over the asshole part then in this thread :)

Ok it is your personality and way of showing your anger :) Thanks for your understanding ;)

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Sabine is not someone like Serena W or Sharapova who brings a bit criticism on themselves with their arrogance. Sabine is a more humble and sweet person. I can criticise Sabine but will only ever do so constructively and respectfully because who knows if she may read fans comments. Maybe not on TF but she does read twitter, I am always nice and respectful to her after losses. Only constructive criticism, never anything like 'Sabine is an idiot' :rolleyes:

CillyUltra
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:56 PM
First really bad performance of the season. Losses against Wickmayer, Manasieva, Hradecka were ok, but Christea was clearly beatable, even if she isn't that bad as many have seen her (in comparison to where Sabine comes from). Already 1st set, where Cirstea had only 35% 1st serve rather underwhelming, then Cirstea obviously started to play better. Dunno if the conditions of IW hampered her, will see it in Nassau.

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 10:59 PM

OK thanks for being honest. I get a bit mad too inside with this kind of match where she should have won. It's just not in my personality to get angry with someone like Sabine.

Omega1
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Michael, your comments are very disrespectful. :no:
You have a lot of hate reserves. Will you live in your own clearly? :help:
Have you gambled up :devil:

Michael!
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:42 AM
why are you all that sensitive? :lol:
U ever seen real soccer fans, there no one complaints, they cheer for their team ,are happy when they win but when they play bad they call them asshole, idiots or whatever, I mean, I donīt say that you have to like that or that I even like that, but I am for sure not the only one who thinks that in such moments, I donīt know why that is a big deal...as I said before, itīs ok to have people like you but I am not like that, and I follow tennis for a longer time already than most of you Sabine fans,and when I watch tennis I am emotional,same as when I follow my VfB or any others of my favs and then I say such words, and it is not like I post that all the time, that is not needed, but I donīt know, I think it is good that you donīt know which words I use when I follow Sabine on the SB, you wouldnt be amused for sure, but that doesnt mean that I am disrespectful, itīs just not that I think about it much in such situations, what I say and I would never be disrespectful when I would speak to Sabine directly over internet or in real life, so calm down, as I said before, many people are similar to me here, and no one complaints about it, as long as you donīt get too rude, and that is definitely not the case..

Carsten
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Well, seems hard for Sabine to close out matches these days :( Really sad to see...
She has to work on that definitely....

About the discussion: One can be emotional without being disrespectful, yeah. And "pathetic idiot" isn't really what I would call respectful or supportive in any way I'm sorry. I can understand it maybe when there's a player who doesn't even try or whatever... but Sabine really isn't that kind of a player and I'm sure she's the most disappointed one now.

Michael!
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:26 AM
^^ jaja, aber hinter verschlossenen Türen dann Julia wieder als Fotzges bezeichnen oder Haas in anderen Threads als beschissen bezeichen , was natürlich mehr Respekt zeigt ;)

as I said, I am of course not proud of what I say in such moments, but I cant hide it then, u should see posts of Sveta fans after she lost one of her matches, Sveta, you stupid idiot, is the most common sentence there :tape:
Nice to see such fans, who can be always nice, but I cant, I am sorry :p

cosmoose
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I was at the match today.
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about Sabine's match.

Mike81
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Well very few of us saw this match, so since you were there please give us a little report if you are able :cool: Thanks in advance.

Geekking
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Hi cosmoose;

How did Sabine play yesterday? Why did she lost? Did Cirstea play amazing tennis or Sabine didn't play her best game? Please tell us about the match.. Thanks

Mike81
Mar 8th, 2011, 08:04 AM
why are you all that sensitive? :lol:
U ever seen real soccer fans, there no one complaints, they cheer for their team ,are happy when they win but when they play bad they call them asshole, idiots or whatever, I mean, I donīt say that you have to like that or that I even like that, but I am for sure not the only one who thinks that in such moments, I donīt know why that is a big deal...as I said before, itīs ok to have people like you but I am not like that, and I follow tennis for a longer time already than most of you Sabine fans,and when I watch tennis I am emotional,same as when I follow my VfB or any others of my favs and then I say such words, and it is not like I post that all the time, that is not needed, but I donīt know, I think it is good that you donīt know which words I use when I follow Sabine on the SB, you wouldnt be amused for sure, but that doesnt mean that I am disrespectful, itīs just not that I think about it much in such situations, what I say and I would never be disrespectful when I would speak to Sabine directly over internet or in real life, so calm down, as I said before, many people are similar to me here, and no one complaints about it, as long as you donīt get too rude, and that is definitely not the case..

I understand what you are saying about soccer. I am a fan of Liverpool F.C. and when they've played bad this season, which is quite often my comments aren't very complementary or polite. With Sabine it's different, I care more about her as an individual and have a big crush on her :hearts: so I do not use bad language towards her like 'idiot' or 'pathetic' I would with Liverpool when they play bad. So it's not that I'm all that sensitive in general, more just sensitive to Sabine :kiss:

HowardH
Mar 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM

I would like to know how well and how hard Sabine served (stats indicate few aces and quite a few DFs, but there's nothing quite like seeing it live), and how consistent or erratic her groundstrokes were. Also, does her movement look hampered or okay?

Lastly, looking at other comments I realise that Sabine served for the match twice. What happened in these games? Did she serve poorly?

cosmoose
Mar 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Match Report

First, the conditions were brutal. There was a constant 20 mph wind that gusted up to 30+ mph.
The wind would carry the balls long from one side of the court and knock the balls down from the other.
The match was at Court 2, the biggest of the outside courts, and there was a very good crowd on hand.

First set, Sabine stormed out to 2 break advantage. But this was not because Bine was playing well.
Instead, Sori was just plain awful. She could not place balls in the court to save her life.
Meanwhile, Sabine was mightily struggling with the wind. It was so windy, she caught every other service toss.
I had hoped that since Sabine has more of a power game, that she would hit through the wind better than Sori.
But opposite happened. Sabine became more and more tentative in her serves and strokes.

Sabine was just rolling first serves in. They were only averaging 85 mph.
Only few points in the match, when the wind died briefly, did Sabine try to hit harder first serves.
Second serves hovered around 65 mph...pretty weak.

Second set, stayed pretty much mirrored first set. Both players struggling to cope with the wind.
Although Sabine served for the match twice (I think), I didn't have any confidence that she would close out the match.
Up to that point, it was a minor miracle that she held on to her service games. With the added pressure of closing out the match, it was entirely predictable that she would fold.

Momentum of the match changed from there on. Sori started to cut down on her UE and compete harder. She would take advantage of Sabine's lack of mobility by moving her around the court, especially to Sabine's backhand.
Sabine could never find the range on her FH.

Sabine called for her father (coach) every set but I didn't notice any change of tactics after the meetings.
All in all, it was bad tennis all around. It was easily the worst match I saw all day.

I took small comfort in the fact that when the wind died down for brief moments, Sabine's play improved. She was aggressive and took control of the points. But when the wind returned, she became passive again.

Geekking
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Match Report

First, the conditions were brutal. There was a constant 20 mph wind that gusted up to 30+ mph.
The wind would carry the balls long from one side of the court and knock the balls down from the other.
The match was at Court 2, the biggest of the outside courts, and there was a very good crowd on hand.

First set, Sabine stormed out to 2 break advantage. But this was not because Bine was playing well.
Instead, Sori was just plain awful. She could not place balls in the court to save her life.
Meanwhile, Sabine was mightily struggling with the wind. It was so windy, she caught every other service toss.
I had hoped that since Sabine has more of a power game, that she would hit through the wind better than Sori.
But opposite happened. Sabine became more and more tentative in her serves and strokes.

Sabine was just rolling first serves in. They were only averaging 85 mph.
Only few points in the match, when the wind died briefly, did Sabine try to hit harder first serves.
Second serves hovered around 65 mph...pretty weak.

Second set, stayed pretty much mirrored first set. Both players struggling to cope with the wind.
Although Sabine served for the match twice (I think), I didn't have any confidence that she would close out the match.
Up to that point, it was a minor miracle that she held on to her service games. With the added pressure of closing out the match, it was entirely predictable that she would fold.

Momentum of the match changed from there on. Sori started to cut down on her UE and compete harder. She would take advantage of Sabine's lack of mobility by moving her around the court, especially to Sabine's backhand.
Sabine could never find the range on her FH.

Sabine called for her father (coach) every set but I didn't notice any change of tactics after the meetings.
All in all, it was bad tennis all around. It was easily the worst match I saw all day.

I took small comfort in the fact that when the wind died down for brief moments, Sabine's play improved. She was aggressive and took control of the points. But when the wind returned, she became passive again.

I think her game didn't impress you so much. Did it give you any hope for next tournaments? Do you see any tactics of Sabine's game? I mean what did she do to beat Cirstea? Btw thanks for your match report but I felt so sad for Sabine...

Tennis Observer
Mar 8th, 2011, 02:33 PM
As the dust has settled, here are my two cents:

I am always puzzled if someone feels qualified to “analyze” a tennis match, if s/he is only steering on a scoreboard.
This continuous namecalling says much more about this person than Sabine’s play.
Sabine’s 2009 season was outstanding, but she was not able to continue on that level in the aftermath.
After the treatment of Sabine’s injury (eg retirement in Indian Wells & Miami) and the handling of her comeback, I am stunned that some fanatics are in the hope of her second weeks’ appearance at Indian Wells.
Looking at Sabine’s and Cristea’s previous results as well, I am not surprised about the outcome of this match.

Omega1
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
As the dust has settled, here are my two cents:

I am always puzzled if someone feels qualified to “analyze” a tennis match, if s/he is only steering on a scoreboard.
This continuous namecalling says much more about this person than Sabine’s play.
Sabine’s 2009 season was outstanding, but she was not able to continue on that level in the aftermath.
After the treatment of Sabine’s injury (eg retirement in Indian Wells & Miami) and the handling of her comeback, I am stunned that some fanatics are in the hope of her second weeks’ appearance at Indian Wells.
Looking at Sabine’s and Cristea’s previous results as well, I am not surprised about the outcome of this match.

Sabine 2009 season was outstanding, but unfortunately bent over in U.S. Open.
The shown were visible.
2010 Indian Wells umgeknikt same again with the foot.
After a long injury break, she comes back impatient with better game.
Unfortunately, private tragedy, not yet strong enough to spring break.
She started this year very well and I am sure that it is on the right track.
I think that Sabine is missing only on self-confidence. .
Until now it has lost to a bad opponent.
I press on the thumb. :wavey:

cosmoose
Mar 8th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I think her game didn't impress you so much. Did it give you any hope for next tournaments? Do you see any tactics of Sabine's game? I mean what did she do to beat Cirstea? Btw thanks for your match report but I felt so sad for Sabine...

I think its unfair to analyze Sabine's game based on yesterday's windy condition.

Some things I liked,
Sabine's inside out fh that pinned Sori back.
Sabine used drop shots wisely. we all know she sometimes uses drop shot too much.
Sori's second serves were just begging to be hit and few times Sabine took the ball early and smack them for winners. I was hoping she would do it more often

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on Sabine all the time but it was obvious to me that Sabine has to lose weight. I know she'll never be like Benesova but she could be better shape.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5509026277_37fa816972_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5014/5509630138_5612576623_z.jpg

vuhvuh
Mar 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
really donīt know that lost to manasieva is ok and to Sorana not thats ridiculous. Also Michael! is a normal fan, totally agree with him. Of course I am also mad when my fave suck and play bad, has bad tactics, could won and lost or so. itīs normal. I would say that those fans who say "oh but she couldnīt win it" "it needs time" "she isnīt in form yet" and such phrases are weird. Like I am also fan of Ana and I know she suck and I normally write it, also she is stupid and that. And its true so... And as for Sab I think she will be back, she needs to play more matches itfs and that, but she struggles mentally as Sorana does too.

vuhvuh
Mar 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
still better than pavlyuchenkova but yeah I think it too

Dorien.
Mar 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your report Cosmoose :yeah:

Sad she couldn't win one match at least. She really needs more match rythm.
Maybe time to play some more ITF's...

Mike81
Mar 9th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the match report Cosmoose.

Quick summary of Sabine's problems for my understanding:
1. The windy conditions (same for both players)
2. Double faults
3. Unable to close out match (mental)
4. Struggled with movement
5. Couldn't find her range on forehand

hellas719
Mar 9th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Sabine :sad:
Thanks for the report, cosmoose :yeah:

About the whole Michael! situation, I agree with him. I mean you guys can say what you want, but sometimes you have to be harsh with your favorite players. And when other fans call your favorite player a pathetic idiot, you have to understand that they don't mean it literally :shrug:

The other thing that I would like to ask is that if you guys would please post livescores in the livescores thread in the future :p. Although there wasn't that much livescoring going on in this thread, in other tournament threads it happens all the time and it can get very annoying because sometimes I don't feel like going through 5-10 pages of livescoring, so it would be nice if you guys can do it in the appropriate thread :)

Mike81
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report, cosmoose :yeah:

About the whole Michael! situation, I agree with him. I mean you guys can say what you want, but sometimes you have to be harsh with your favorite players. And when other fans call your favorite player a pathetic idiot, you have to understand that they don't mean it literally :shrug:

The other thing that I would like to ask is that if you guys would please post livescores in the livescores thread in the future :p. Although there wasn't that much livescoring going on in this thread, in other tournament threads it happens all the time and it can get very annoying because sometimes I don't feel like going through 5-10 pages of livescoring, so it would be nice if you guys can do it in the appropriate thread :)

Sometimes it's hard to tell the intention of comments that appear on a computer screen, if there are not emoticons beside them ;)People can say almost anything on here without it being moderated, I would just like to think there wouldn't be 'fans' on here who treat Sabine as a joke, I hope you are all fans even if not mega fans if you're posting often in Sabine's forum. Having said that I enjoy following Sabine and sharing this forum with all of you and I'm sure I can learn things from you. I am not a tennis expert as much as some on here.

HowardH
Mar 9th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Personally, I prefer not to write statements that players might find insulting if they read them. In this way I am like Mike.

However I fully understand that many people prefer to get their frustration out by writing about it, and when Sabine is struggling so much it will obviously be very frustrating to her supporters. So I sympathise with that manner of releasing frustration. It doesn't mean they aren't real fans or anything. In fact it shows they care about how Sabine does and are very frustrated by her results.

Cosmoose, thanks a lot for your report.

Omega1
Mar 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
...About the whole Michael! situation, I agree with him. I mean you guys can say what you want, but sometimes you have to be harsh with your favorite players. And when other fans call your favorite player a pathetic idiot, you have to understand that they don't mean it literally :shrug:

So I think it's educational cause, such as man can express his feelings.
I can not imagine a teacher of this way beschipft all students who made too many errors in a dictation.
I'm also for freedom of opinion and emotions
not only for audacity, rudeness, impertinence, outrageous nature, rudeness, shamelessness

hellas719
Mar 10th, 2011, 03:36 AM
^:unsure: