PDA

View Full Version : Where will Sabine play next?

cosmoose
Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
She hoped to play at Monterrey but it appears she is not there.
http://www.abiertodetenismonterrey.com/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34&Itemid=68

Last quali spot went to Panova, ranked #149.
So lot of people would have to drop out before Sabine gets a quali spot...if Sabine is actually on the quali wait list. :sad:

mk27
Feb 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
Maybe Nassau (100k+H), the entry list for that ITF tournament is coming out on Thursday.

She should have committed to Clearwater in 2 weeks :(

crazillo
Feb 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Still hoping for some WCs. :o

Nena_xxx
Feb 23rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Still hoping for some WCs. :o

+1

Omega1
Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I think they only play Nassau (100k + H)

Mike81
Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Please somebody give Sabine a wildcard! :help:

Geekking
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I checked almost all the upcoming tournaments and I couldn't find her name in WTA/ITF tournaments. I thought she will enter Clearwater but in entry list I couldn't see her name. Only if she get a wildcard, will she play in WTA tournaments. Otherwise, she cant enter those big tournaments. I think she will get a WC from Charleston because last year she couldn't defend her title. Maybe she wanted just train hard for Charleston but without having match experience it won't work.

Michael!
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Sabine is currently 57th ALT for 100k Nassau :spit:

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100023426&event=&order=Position

mk27
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Stupid schedule, absolutely stupid. Why hasn't she committed to Hammond and Clearwater :o

crazillo
Feb 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Someone should ask on twitter.

Geekking
Feb 24th, 2011, 07:57 PM
People asked her already that question but I don't think she is checking her neither twitter nor facebook fan page because the dedicate herself to her training :) We should wait for the answer from her:)

Lisickinator
Feb 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Don't know who makes her schedule but he/she is doing it wrong. :fiery:

Mike81
Feb 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I try to ask Sabine these things on twitter but for some reason she seems to stay firmly away from twitter and fb while she has no tournaments on :sad: It's now 10 days without a tweet from Sabine and expect it to continue for a while until she plays matches again. While the result wasn't ideal in Midland her tennis was getting better and also she tweeted alot to fans including me several times :p but I wish she would let us know her plans now.

matthias
Feb 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM
she is always just on FB or Twitter when she is winning

Mike81
Feb 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
she is always just on FB or Twitter when she is winning

I would expect that would be the case with alot of players. Although interestingly after her loss to Hradecka she still stuck around on twitter for a couple of days and replied to tweets from fans even on non tennis stuff and that was very nice :).

She replied to a couple of my tweets so while I had her attention I could've encouraged her to come on more often, atleast just to let us know her plans rather than have us guessing. Oh well now we can only guess when she'll be back :rolleyes:

mashasabinefan1
Feb 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Will she get a WC for Miami, usually Bolleteri babes get WCS.

cosmoose
Feb 25th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Sabine's tweet
sabinelisicki Sabine Lisicki
I won´t go to Mexico because I didn´t get in. I´ll stay in Florida and train. Not sure what I´m playing next yet.

If Sabine thought she had a good chance of getting into Monterrey, somebody on her team should have told her that the chance was slim or none.
And judging by the Nassau quali list, entering that tournament was a wishful thinking too.

Somebody has to tell Sabine that a player ranked below 200 doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing tournaments.
Right now, she should be entering every 25K ITF to get some matches and ranking points.

Judging by her tweet, it seems she has no idea what she is going to do next. :sad:
Who the hell is managing her career? :fiery:

austennisfan
Feb 25th, 2011, 03:43 AM
watching doha and dubai and other wta tournaments just isnt the same without sabine. I wish a tournament, even an ITF event would give her a wildcard for goodness sake.

Mike81
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Yeah to be honest I'm not really watching the WTA tourns that closely of late, because I just wish so badly that Sabine would be playing in them :(

Surely she can get a Wildcard for something. It's not like she's a nobody. I'm hopeful for Charleston but that is a while away so she needs to play ITF's, even low value ones as that's all she can play. I hate being critical of Sabine she's so special to me but I'm also wondering like Cosmoose about the advice she is getting regarding selection of tournaments.

mk27
Feb 25th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Sabine's tweet

If Sabine thought she had a good chance of getting into Monterrey, somebody on her team should have told her that the chance was slim or none.
And judging by the Nassau quali list, entering that tournament was a wishful thinking too.

Somebody has to tell Sabine that a player ranked below 200 doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing tournaments.
Right now, she should be entering every 25K ITF to get some matches and ranking points.

There is a 25k tournament after Nassau in Poza Rica (Mexico) or she could fly back to Europe and play the 25k in Bath (Great Britain).
Next week is a 25k in Hammond (USA), I really don't know why she hasn't committed there.
Now it's possible that she won't play tournaments for 5 weeks in a row.

matthias
Feb 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM
omg - she and her whole team is just clueless when it comes to make a schedule :help:

Michael!
Feb 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Totally stupid decisions here, most obvious thing is that she needs real matches to get back in shape and then she hardly plays any tournaments as of her bad schedule, she just has to realize that she has to play also 25k tournaments now, it is pretty naive when she hopes for a breakthrough at a bigger tournament where she can earn many pts and come back really fast..it is just not that easy to come back...and anyway, after Midland she had the chance to play Memphis, and she withdrew, when even players like Stevenson played two matches at one day, but our Sabine had to withdrew of course, as she obviously wasn´t willed to play 2 matches at one day or playing there without any rest before...don´t understand that, sorry

what does she do now? Staying in the USA, hoping to get in in Nassau or hoping for a Q WC in Miami and that´s it? no other plan or sth, if that all doesn´t work, she just is wasting many times where she could play 25k tournaments instead where she could win matches and get some pts for her ranking and to make sure that she is in quali of RG...

CillyUltra
Feb 25th, 2011, 12:49 PM
She certainly will get WC's for Miami/ Charleston (at least quali) and Stuttgart (MD), maybe for IW or Nassau too.

All in all she's on a good path since the beginning of the season, regardless of what some people always say if she loses. She should definitely play more matches, that's always one of her problems. Dunno how much 25 k's are of use, if she gets 1-2 challenging matches there. I'll await her results in Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart. If she hasn't yet the shape to win enough points for WTA/ bigger ITF qualis, she has to play 50/25 k's thereafter anyways.

or she could fly back to Europe and play the 25k in Bath (Great Britain).
:cuckoo:

after Midland she had the chance to play Memphis, and she withdrew, when even players like Stevenson played two matches at one day, but our Sabine had to withdrew of course, as she obviously wasn´t willed to play 2 matches at one day or playing there without any rest before...don´t understand that, sorry

Stevenson lost her third match in two days. Her Midland match was scheduled for 10 am, Sabine's match started after 7 pm.

mk27
Feb 25th, 2011, 01:00 PM
It's clearly better to play ITF-events instead of qualifying at WTA tournaments because she won't get many points. She still needs at least 45 points in the next 8 weeks for the FO qualifying.

Qualifying WC for Miami is definitely not sure.

crazillo
Feb 25th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I don't see her receiving a Stuttgart MD WC either, I'm sure they will give it to the players participating in FC.
Lisicki herself is just clueless about her schedule. She never played a lot but now she has to go anywhere and if it is a 25k, then let it be a 25k... :o

Michael!
Feb 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Stevenson lost her third match in two days. Her Midland match was scheduled for 10 am, Sabine's match started after 7 pm.

and? she won at least won match, and Sabine is much fitter, I just said that she definitely could have played Memphis, she just withdrew too early IMO, even more annoying that she doesn´t play some smaller tournaments now, just hoping for some WCs is not enough....

and all in all her season is average so far, she seems to be in better form than last year of course, but still with her mental issues as often, that makes it even harder to understand why she doesn´t play more often as she needs to get more confident in tight situations, and you only can achieve that when you play more matches, training is useless in this case...

CillyUltra
Feb 25th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I don't see her receiving a Stuttgart MD WC either, I'm sure they will give it to the players participating in FC.
Would be totally stupid for the tournament if Günthardt and Huber give it to someone like Malek or Wöhrle, instead of the one, who was greeted like a saviour of German tennis two years ago. Grönefeld isn't definitely eligible for a WC, remaining in the FC team is a privilege for her. 2nd WC can go to 3rd Fed Cup player, if Lisicki isn't nominated.

and? she won at least won match, and Sabine is much fitter, I just said that she definitely could have played Memphis, she just withdrew too early IMO

Her match ended around 20 min after 9 pm, extremely hard-fought, lost. Now playing two matches the next day at a different tourney (unlike Görges).... :confused:

even more annoying that she doesn´t play some smaller tournaments now, just hoping for some WCs is not enough....
The WC constellation with Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart exists only in the coming weeks, it's right to seize the chance of competing there. Maybe she should have played Hammond, playing nothing isn't good either, but I doubt if 3-4 Rogers matches give her a lot of experience. IMO she needs matches against more challenging opponents like Rybarikova and Hradecka, even if she loses. Her race is 92, that's basically her level atm. Definitely her place is in Int. q's/ bigger ITF's. If she has to play 25k's because of points, she must do that after Stuttgart.

Michael!
Feb 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
^^ U have your opinion and I have my opinion, which is obviously a bit different, so all is fine, just annoying that you have to comment everything, I already figured that you are one of the always :hug: fans, so it´s ok ;)

Omega1
Feb 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Sabine is currently 57th ALT for 100k Nassau :eek:

Would be totally stupid for the tournament if Günthardt and Huber give it to someone like Malek or Wöhrle, instead of the one, who was greeted like a saviour of German tennis two years ago. Grönefeld isn't definitely eligible for a WC, remaining in the FC team is a privilege for her. 2nd WC can go to 3rd Fed Cup player, if Lisicki isn't nominated.

Her match ended around 20 min after 9 pm, extremely hard-fought, lost. Now playing two matches the next day at a different tourney (unlike Görges).... :confused:

The WC constellation with Miami/ Charleston/ Stuttgart exists only in the coming weeks, it's right to seize the chance of competing there. Maybe she should have played Hammond, playing nothing isn't good either, but I doubt if 3-4 Rogers matches give her a lot of experience. IMO she needs matches against more challenging opponents like Rybarikova and Hradecka, even if she loses. Her race is 92, that's basically her level atm. Definitely her place is in Int. q's/ bigger ITF's. If she has to play 25k's because of points, she must do that after Stuttgart.

You're absolutely right .

Mike81
Feb 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
We have to be patient with Sabine :smooch: She is confident that her game is getting back to a good level. You can see that from her form in the matches she's won and even in the loss to Wickmayer in Auckland. I want her to play more matches too, I really miss my favourite player when she's away, the big tournaments lack a special feeling for me right now. But I refuse to become too impatient and critical like some 'fans' on here. As I've said before firstly I care about Sabine as a person, then as a player. I don't know what her schedule is but I don't think we should accuse of having no plan or schedule. I recently tweeted the Family Circle Cup people telling them how the fans want to see Sabine get a wildcard for Charleston and so have several other twitter users. I can't really do anything much to help her but I won't give up on her ever. I just hope her morale is good. Whatever decision she makes I will support it.

Carsten
Feb 26th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I really wouldn't call her team clueless, I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing ;) And if they wanted her to play no matter what, she would have played somewhere.

Omega1
Feb 26th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I really wouldn't call her team clueless, I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing ;) And if they wanted her to play no matter what, she would have played somewhere.

I also.:)

CillyUltra
Feb 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Declaration*:

The assumption I could be a "always :hug: fan" is wrong. Actually, I'm also critical with Sabine. From my point of view she looks awful in her Sharapova dress. I didn't post it because I wouldn't hurt frustrated Sabine fans.

Mike81
Feb 26th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Declaration*:

The assumption I could be a "always :hug: fan" is wrong. Actually, I'm also critical with Sabine. From my point of view she looks awful in her Sharapova dress. I didn't post it because I wouldn't hurt frustrated Sabine fans.

'Sharapova' dress? and why do you think Sabine looks awful? :mad:

hellas719
Feb 27th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Yes, I like Sabine too, but sometimes you have to be realistic, and even a little harsh if necessary :shrug:. I agree with Michael! :shrug:

Sabine's team doesn't have a clue what they're doing right now with her schedule. And even if she does get WC's for Charleston, Miami, and Stuttgart, it doesn't mean that she is going to win matches there if she doesn't play any warm-up tournaments :shrug:. She needs 45 points in 8 weeks. It looks easy, but if she only plays Charleston, Miami, and Stuttgart, it will be really tough and she may not get into the French Open qualifying draw. Her team needs to think about the future. They can't rely on WC's :shrug:

Michael!
Feb 27th, 2011, 10:09 AM
^^ yeah, I mean, I think I am not mean anyway, just realistic, just the sentence " I don´t know where I play next", that sentence shows you that sth is wrong, IMO, I mean, and healthy player should always have some plance, and just waiting and hoping for WCs isnt enough, especially as the draws there will be strong, as I said, she can have some good matches there against good players, if she gets a WC, but can´t be sure at all to win matches! Don´t understand why she doesn´t play 1 or 2 25k tournaments in the meantime, when there are no other options anyway, this way she could make sure to be in RG quali pretty early and would have some nice practice as well, as real matches are the best practice, but now she has a long break already again and she is mentally not strong anyway and that won´t get better for sure if she only had one tournament left to get the pts to get into the RG quali...

Geekking
Feb 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
'Sharapova' dress? and why do you think Sabine looks awful? :mad:

She wore Nike's Maria Statement Tennis Dress in Midland but she was looking beautiful with that dress like always she is..
Don't know why he he said she was awful :rolleyes:

As I said before, she has to play more matches to be ready for WCs. Some of the fans said fly back to Europe and play ITFs there but if she get WC she has to fly back so she will get tired.. She can play ITF tournaments in America. Doesn't matter it is low level or not having match experience better than waiting and preparing alone.. After Charleston/Miami she will fly back to Berlin and if she get a WC she will play Stuttgart after that she will play ITF tournaments in Europe. I also disagree with people who says her team is not enough. She worked with the same team when she won Charleston and reached high ranks. Also she is training in IMG Bollettieri where almost all the successful tennis player trains therefore, I'm sure Nick Bollettieri is giving advices to Sabine and her team.:)

Lastly, we all want Sabine's profit therefore we are here but while criticizing her we should choose the right words while doing this because she a sensitive heart.

Omega1
Feb 27th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Sabine said that adidas is the contract expired, and they can take what they want.
And in all it looks very good. :hearts:
The proposed 25-itf tournaments now playing in Europe is a joke. :tape:
We know that it is in USA where enough is such tournaments.
And we also know that it is in profesionel environment. I also believe that the right decisions treffen. From bolleteri academy are always a lot of top tennis players.
I think as amatour that the professionals know better than me what to do

Mike81
Feb 27th, 2011, 11:26 PM
She wore Nike's Maria Statement Tennis Dress in Midland but she was looking beautiful with that dress like always she is..
Don't know why he he said she was awful :rolleyes:

Yeah she never looks awful, she always looks beautiful in all outfits :hearts:

I don't like the criticism some people are giving her on here. It's quite condescending, like we assume we know better than her. People are frustrated that her ranking has gone so low and they are impatient because we certainly don't want to see her not able to qualify for grand slams. But I think Sabine as a professional must have some kind of plan. Let's wait to see if it pays off or not. The truth is we cannot tell her what to do anyway. If she thinks that she can come back with WC's maybe she can.

I hope Sabine wouldn't read some of the comments on these forums. She's a kind hearted sensitive person I really don't like criticising her. So if I ever do it's only because I care so much :sad:

crazillo
Feb 28th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Lastly, we all want Sabine's profit therefore we are here but while criticizing her we should choose the right words while doing this because she a sensitive heart.

@Geekking and also Mike: Germans are very startightforward and don't hold back when they have something to ciriticize. As you are in the German forum here, you should accept this. Being a good fan does not necessarily mean to support whatever she does, but also say when you disagree on something. And I do think Sabine needs more matches than she has played, she shouldn't be afraid to get match tough at 25k's if necessary. She hasn't played two-three weeks in a row this year really and this has to change soon! That's all we are saying.
Again, please accept our behaviour as some kind of cultural thing. I don't appreciate some of your postings as well, there's too much addiction and "oh she's beautiful" in your words and not enough about her tennis if you are asking me. But still, I like you guys around here and hope we gonna have a lot to celebrate together in the future! :)

cosmoose
Feb 28th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hello Sabine fans!
Quite of few people are tweeting to @FamilyCircleCup and asking them to give WC to Sabine.
Let them know we want Sabine at Charleston! :)

zenko
Feb 28th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Why Sabine have to play ITF? She's a star. Big-time. She's won that tournament..ehh.. yeah, Charlestone, and now everybody should give her WC. Whoelse shoud be given WC? There is no young player too good for WC in the field. Except Sabine.

Sabinator.
Feb 28th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I have a good news! Sabine gets a Qualies WC in Indian Wells! :D I regret a little she doesn't get a Main Draw WC, because was awarded for Coco, McHale, King, Davis, Stephens, Mirza and Craybas :o Althought, better this than nothing. She couldn't play in any tournamts for 5 weeks...

mk27
Feb 28th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Yes, better than nothing.
Now it makes sense why she didn't enter Clearwater.

Geekking
Feb 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Congratulations Sabine! I'm sure her hard training will pay off in this tournament! Time to show the real Sabine!! Come on Sabine you can do it!

lovethetennis
Feb 28th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I have a good news! Sabine gets a Qualies WC in Indian Wells! :D I regret a little she doesn't get a Main Draw WC, because was awarded for Coco, McHale, King, Davis, Stephens, Mirza and Craybas :o Althought, better this than nothing. She couldn't play in any tournamts for 5 weeks...

Wonderful! Thank you so much for that great news Kazieczko :cool: Hope she makes the most of this opportunity :)

Drake1980
Feb 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Can't wait to see her! :D

Michael!
Feb 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Great that she received the Q WC for IW, I hope she can take the chance, she would get 20pts for one win in quali already, hopefully she gets a good draw and is able to take her chances this time, good luck!

Mike81
Feb 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah good decision not to play small ITF's now I guess with this wildcard for Indian Wells Q.
Go Sabine :cheer2::cheer:

CillyUltra
Feb 28th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Expectable, she still has a name. ;) Maybe she gets a WC in Miami too, but definitely in Charleston and Stuttgart, and she has the option of playing Nassau. So not a too unsound schedule with 3 weeks pause. As I said, these WC tourneys are a chance to prove herself, with her current level, and determine what tourneys she has to play thereafter. IW/Nassau/Miami also decides if she's eligible for Fed Cup, which she obviously wants to take part in.

Geekking
Feb 28th, 2011, 09:35 PM
This WC is so important for her. It will decide whether she play WTA or ITF also other WCs from other tournaments and German Fed Cup team. She needs to get points as much she can in IW. If she plays like real Sabine without feeling pressure on her, she can do it!

LightsOut!
Mar 1st, 2011, 10:33 AM
:banana: Finally some good news!

DiscoStick
Mar 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Good tourney at Midland so hopefully she can build on it :bounce:

Mike81
Mar 2nd, 2011, 04:49 AM
@Geekking and also Mike: Germans are very startightforward and don't hold back when they have something to ciriticize. As you are in the German forum here, you should accept this. Being a good fan does not necessarily mean to support whatever she does, but also say when you disagree on something. And I do think Sabine needs more matches than she has played, she shouldn't be afraid to get match tough at 25k's if necessary. She hasn't played two-three weeks in a row this year really and this has to change soon! That's all we are saying.
Again, please accept our behaviour as some kind of cultural thing. I don't appreciate some of your postings as well, there's too much addiction and "oh she's beautiful" in your words and not enough about her tennis if you are asking me. But still, I like you guys around here and hope we gonna have a lot to celebrate together in the future! :)

I hope there will be some good results soon to enjoy from Sabine and no matter how we express our support for her we are all hoping for the same thing :cool:

Omega1
Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Sabine playing Indian Wells. this is a fantastic message.:)

Sasja
Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Hope she takes advantage of the WC. Let's go Sabine :cheer:

Nena_xxx
Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
:cheer: Hope her climb will start in IW!

Delfii
Mar 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
So excited about the WC :bounce:
Come on Sabine! :cheer:

CillyUltra
Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Sabine gets a MD WC for Nassau. :bounce: She can play there if she doesn't make it in the second week of IW.

Players announced for The Bahamas Open (http://www.thenassauguardian.com/Players-announced-for-The-Bahamas-Open2011-03-03T10-19-05)

Bahamas gets ready to host 1st ever pro tennis tourney (http://www.tribune242.com/03032011_BahamasWomensOpen_sports_pg)

Not a big surprise, because she's known there, due to her commitment for Mark Knowles' charity tournament.

crazillo
Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM
It's good to see Sabine is getting those WCs!

Mike81
Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
I'd love for her to do very well at Indian Wells but it's nice to have a backup. Either way Sabine is getting matches and she'll be determined to take advantage of the opportunities. Go Sabine :bounce:

Geekking
Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:07 PM
She will play in Bahamas after IW

cosmoose
Mar 3rd, 2011, 11:45 PM
She will play in Bahamas after IW
Is it too much to hope that IW will prevent Sabine from playing in Bahamas? :)

Mike81
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Is it too much to hope that IW will prevent Sabine from playing in Bahamas? :)

Maybe, maybe not. If I could predict Sabine's results, I would be rich :lol:

I hope she gets a good draw.

cosmoose
Mar 4th, 2011, 04:42 AM
anybody going to IW?
according to their website, quali matches are free.

Omega1
Mar 4th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately I live too far. :p
If they will play in Stuttgart, then I'll buy tickets :hearts:

Mike81
Mar 7th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I'm playing against Cirstea second match after 10 am tomorrow! Looking forward to playing a match! :)

From Sabine's twitter :cool:

Interesting match coming up v Cirstea. Sabine's not beaten her before but this will be a good chance because Sori is struggling. I like Sori but obviously have to go for Sabine.

Lisickinator
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Wildcard for Charleston :)

Nadia Petrova and Sabine Lisicki have officially entered the Family Circle Cup. Petrova, who received direct entry via her World No. 20 ranking, was a singles champion at this event in 2006, as well as doubles champion in 2009 and 2010. Lisicki, who accepted a main draw wild card from the tournament, claimed the singles title in 2009 and returns with an active six-match win streak in progress.http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20110307141632.html

Geekking
Mar 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Sabine has the break 2-1

CillyUltra
Mar 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Sabine gets a MD WC for Miami, as expected. ;)

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/pretournament/Wildcard-Announcement.aspx

mk27
Mar 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Sabine gets a MD WC for Miami, as expected. ;)

That means only one WC left for another MD for her in this year.
You can have 6 WCs for WTA-/GS tournaments in one year and only 3 of them for the MD.

Nassau doesn't count because it's an ITF event.

Geekking
Mar 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Miami and Charleston tournament her last chance to get a good ranking this year otherwise all year ITF...

And yes she has only 1 MD WC chance left

Mike81
Mar 9th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I know, It's a crucial time for her now. If she has some wins and gets points then things look up, if she gets k/o'ed early from the next tournaments then she'll be stuck at ITF level for quite some time.

mk27
Mar 10th, 2011, 02:41 PM
She's on the entry list for Pelham (25k, 2nd week of Miami, Clay)

So her schedule is Nassau (ITF), Miami, Pelham (ITF) and then Charleston.

Michael!
Mar 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
100k Nassau

Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR) v (Q)Xinyun Han (CHN)
(8)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v (wc)Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Again Rybarikova, another tricky first round match, don´t expect too much, 2nd round against Bondarenko wouldn´t be easier, we´ll see...

Delfii
Mar 14th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Good luck Sabs ! :bounce:

cosmoose
Mar 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sabine's match is probably over now...anybody know the result?

Lisickinator
Mar 14th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Seems it was a 2-set match. And we all know, Sabine rarely loses two-setters. :lol:

Michael!
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Match is over for over 3 hours now and Sabine still didn´t post anything, normally means she lost :facepalm:
would love to be wrong :p

vuhvuh
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I don´t think she lost

mk27
Mar 14th, 2011, 07:17 PM
She has withdrawn from the tournament in Pelham :(

Michael!
Mar 15th, 2011, 01:11 AM
(8)Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) d. (wc)Sabine Lisicki (GER) 76(5) 63

as I said, Sabine only posts after wins, no news always means bad news, a shame that we will never know if she wasted another lead in first set, result is not too bad, but just another defeat, which won´t make it easier for her, MD WC for Miami, but in this kind of shape she won´t have good chances to win a match there, especially as she has no confidence at all these days...I hope that she goes back to 25k tournaments soon, just to get some matches against lower ranked players, she needs some wins...top 100 are far far away

mk27
Mar 15th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I hope that she goes back to 25k tournaments soon, just to get some matches against lower ranked players, she needs some wins...top 100 are far far away

But she cancelled Pelham today. Absolutely stupid decision. :o
French Open qualifying for her is becoming more and more doubtful.

Delfii
Mar 15th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Sabine :sobbing: I hope all this mess gets well soon. :sad:

Tennis Observer
Mar 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Match is over for over 3 hours now and Sabine still didn´t post anything, normally means she lost :facepalm: [...]

Well said (but an easy prediction)!

Magdalena Rybarikova (# 73) knocked on Top 50 in 2008 and played her first Top 50 season in 2009. In 2010 she lost ground and was injured (low back). Magdalena lost to Sabine in 100K Midland 46 46 and won next week in 220K Memphis her 2nd WTA title. This time, Sabine lost a tricky first round match (© Michael!) 67(5) 36. IMO neither a big shocker nor anything to write home about, if we look at Sabine’s current ranking (# 218)!

I am still confident that Sabine would be not only in a much better shape but also higher ranked if she, her father and her big IMG-team accept, that Sabine lost ground in the aftermath of her break trough season and was injured. To continually ask for MD WC’s (100K+ Nassau, Key Biscayne, Charleston) is very risky because it’s more likely that Sabine will lose not only her opener but don’t get these important matches under her belt. As a consequence, instead of gaining confidence, pressure is on her!

Mike81
Mar 15th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Oh well. It's disappointing but without any knowledge of the match it's hard to comment. I agree she needs more matches. I think she expects alot from herself because she knows what she's capable of when things are going well,and she's hoping to get back quickly but she's a long way off that level at the moment. It's tough for her to accept that she can't find her old form of '09 and tough for her fans too.

I'm not going to dessert her, I'll still follow her matches (as hard as it can be to follow ITF results with NO livescores at all):help: and send her nice tweets and I hope things will turn. Sabine :kiss:

Wert.
Mar 15th, 2011, 10:40 AM
maybe something of this?
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 ANTALYA, TUR Turkey $10000
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 BENIN CITY (CANCELLED), NGR Nigeria $10000
Tournament has been added to calendar (07 Dec 2010)
Tournament has been cancelled(17 Jan 2011)
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 CAIRO (CANCELLED), EGY Egypt $10000
Tournament has been added to calendar (11 Jan 2011)
Tournament has been cancelled(03 Feb 2011)
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 CONCEPCION, CHI Chile $10000
Tournament has been added to calendar (24 Dec 2010)
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 DIJON, FRA France $10000
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 $10,000 MADRID, ESP

Lisickinator
Mar 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM
maybe something of this?
07 Mar / 13 Mar 11 ...

she would need a time machine ;)

mk27
Mar 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
She has now only 5 weeks left and still needs at least 45 points for the FO qualifying cut-off. :help:
Playing big tournaments (even big ITF tournaments) isn't very helpful at this moment. :tape:

CillyUltra
Mar 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
A tighter loss against an in form top 100 player, obviously a reflection of her abilities atm. The loss against Cirstea was more annoying, even if she was hampered by the windy conditions. But as a rise of her form hasn't happened, it will be rather difficult to win 2-3 matches in Miami/ Charleston MD's without a lucky draw.

vuhvuh
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Ok, must have been tough I think she lost it cause she wasn´t mentally strong enough, those matches happens quiet a lot and this score I know and I hate because sometimes you just don´t have that much luck, its tight and you´re unlucky on big points or so. I don´t expect a win in Miami neither =(

Wert.
Mar 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Maybe is better idea to play WTAs who have poor field(and there is some)That brings more poits ans players field is almost same as some 25,50k

CillyUltra
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
as I said, Sabine only posts after wins, no news always means bad news

facebook:
I´m sorry guys. I tried posting something after my match but I now see it didn´t work...I was the one who lost close this time (67 36). I simply need a lot of matches. I´m back at the IMG academy and guess what I did...I played sets and did things better than in the match! (...)

;)

Michael!
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
^^in the past it was like that, nice that Sabine tried to post sth this time, even after a defeat but that doesn´t change anything ...or yeah, maybe Sabine always has problems with internet after defeats, that´s it for sure ;)

mk27
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I simply need a lot of matches

And why did she withdraw from Pelham :(
I don't think she will get that many matches in Miami and Charleston

CillyUltra
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
^^in the past it was like that

This year she posted on facebook after her Auckland/ AO losses, Midland/ IW the next day. For me it's ok.

Michael!
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
This year she posted on facebook after her Auckland/ AO losses, Midland/ IW the next day. For me it's ok.

I didnt say that it is not OK, of course it is OK, but it´s just a fact that she posts faster after she won, so it is usually a bad sign if she doesnt post anything on the same day, that´s why I already was pretty sure that she lost to Rybarikova :)..(of course couldn´t know that she had internet problems)

Mike81
Mar 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I don't know how closely you guys follow Sabine's twitter or facebook pages (I check them reguarly) but I notice that she's posting alot more recently even after losses.

Also she likes to comment on big events or award shows like Superbowl, Grammies and Oscars and chat with fans. So that's some advice for her fans on twitter if you want to chat with her. Try and be on the web at one of these times! :p

Geekking
Mar 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
Sabine will play against Czink in Miami first round match.

I expect a easy win for Sabine. If she wins Czink she will face with Nadia Petrova

Delfii
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
Good luck Sabine :cheer:!

mk27
Mar 24th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Sabine is on the entry lists for 100k+H in Johannesburg (Prio 1) and 25k in Osprey (Prio 2)

Both are in the week after Charleston.

Sabinator.
Mar 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Sabine is on the entry lists for 100k+H in Johannesburg (Prio 1) and 25k in Osprey (Prio 2)

Both are in the week after Charleston.

Very good decision ;) She needs matches!

crazillo
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Can't see her go to South Africa somehow. I'm quite sure she is going to withdraw from this event, although the competition there shouldn't be too hard.

CillyUltra
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:27 PM
She risks Stuttgart q she maybe has to play, if she doesn't make it into the Fed Cup team.

CillyUltra
Mar 31st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Sabine has been nominated for the Fed Cup team, therefore she should get a MD WC for Stuttgart. :)

cosmoose
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM
Sabine has been nominated for the Fed Cup team, therefore she should get a MD WC for Stuttgart. :)

This is most curious announcement.
I'm sure Petko and Gorgeous will play the singles.
Does that mean Sabine will be playing the doubles? She hardly ever plays the doubles. :confused:
Is there a limit to how many players can be on the Fed Cup team?

mk27
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:20 PM
Is there a limit to how many players can be on the Fed Cup team?

Yes, 4 players

cosmoose
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM
I think German Fed nominated Sabine to boost her confidence.
They must be pretty confident against US and the tie won't be decided by the doubles match.
Hopefully Sabine will see some action in a dead rubber match.

Carsten
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Well if she plays well in Charleston she should defenitely play singles in my opinion. :) But there is that big if :lol:

mk27
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
Well if she plays well in Charleston she should defenitely play singles in my opinion. :) But there is that big if :lol:

Petkovic und Görges sind im Einzel gesetzt.

http://www.rnz.de/sport/00_20110331125740_Petkovic_fuehrt_deutsches_Fed_Cu p_Team_gegen_U.php

Carsten
Mar 31st, 2011, 05:45 PM
that's Rittner's problem :lol: just my opinion :)

Michael!
Mar 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
well, it´s logical that Andrea and Julia will play the first two singles matches, never was any doubt about that, if Sabine plays well in Charleston she could play on Sunday, if Julia would lose her first match or if the score would be already 3-0 (which I would prefer :lol:), however I also think that it will be a good experience for Sabine to be part of the team, she can only take advantage of it for her next tournaments!

Mike81
Mar 31st, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'm happy for Sabine to be involved I follow her fb and twitter pages closely and Fed Cup is very important to her. She will enjoy being part of the team again and it will be good for the team as a whole to have her around as well as Petkovic and Goerges will want to play well to stay above Sabine in the order of preference for the team.
If she played doubles well, Sabine is a a pretty good doubles player actually when given the chance, she just hasn't played doubles for so long. I am not German obviously but I'll be cheering for Sabine in whatever involvement she has in this tie v U.S.A. :)

LightsOut!
Apr 1st, 2011, 07:08 AM
:cheer:

Michael!
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Sabine will play Estoril Q after Stuttgart! :p

Rovegun
Apr 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Sabine will play Prague 50k! so looking forward to seeing her there!

CillyUltra
Apr 17th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Sabine will play the 4th Fed Cup singles match :yeah:

mk27
Apr 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Next tournament is Prague, but only the 50k not the 100k the following week.
After Prague she will play the 50k in Reggio Emilia.

Rovegun
Apr 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
she would have to play Q at the 100k so at least she will play the 50k.. looking forward to next week and Sabine

Michael!
Apr 27th, 2011, 09:07 PM
so Sabine´s schedule for the following weeks should be :

50k Prague
50k Reggio Emilia
Roland Garros/Quali
maybe some challenger in 2nd week of RG ( but I doubt that she will play there)
WTA Birmingham
Wimbledon/Quali

and after that she should be back in top 100 hopefully :p

mk27
May 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
maybe some challenger in 2nd week of RG ( but I doubt that she will play there)

Maybe she will play the 75k+H tournament in Nottingham on grass, that's in the 2nd week of RG

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentoverview.asp?tournament=1100024092

Mike81
May 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
But of course we want her to make the Roland Garros Main draw and beyond that ideally!

Mashabator
May 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM
She might just enter nottingham incase she crashes out of RG early, but im hoping that wont happen :)

18majors
May 6th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Sabine will do well at FO!

18majors
May 7th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Sabine is on the entry list of $50.000 Reggio Emilia (ITA).

18majors
May 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Please win the tournament, Sabine!

Mike81
May 9th, 2011, 12:24 AM
What's the field like? not that a weak field is any gaurantee of success for Bine but the weather will be alot warmer this time which is preferable for her. Come on Sabine! :)

cosmoose
May 9th, 2011, 03:09 AM
What's the field like? not that a weak field is any gaurantee of success for Bine but the weather will be alot warmer this time which is preferable for her. Come on Sabine! :)

Field is pretty weak.
Bine should win this tourney.
I think she is fully fit. No more excuses. This is a gimme.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k118/cozmoose/Untitled-5.jpg

crazillo
May 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
She SHOULD win, yes... We have said that before though.

18majors
May 9th, 2011, 11:49 PM
She SHOULD win, yes... We have said that before though.

Keep faith, Sabine will do it soon!

Wert.
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Sabine will play at Texas Tennis Open in Dallas this summer.Oudin,Dulko,Mattek will play too..

Geekking
Jun 7th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I hope Sabine will qualify for the championship... I have invitation tickets for that event and would like to see her in Istanbul in next 3 year..

Geekking
Jun 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Sabine will play doubles with Sam Stosur in Wimbledon '11 :)

18majors
Jun 10th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Eastbourne?

Sabinator.
Jun 10th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Eastbourne?

No. She has to play Wimbly Qualies. They start on Tuesday next week, so no chance of playing Eastbourne.

Geekking
Aug 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Is she playing Texas this week?

Ian Aberdon
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Yes, believe it's Sania Mirza in R1.

Mashabator
Aug 20th, 2011, 06:35 AM
yep she is playing Sania, very winnable :)

mk27
Aug 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
She will play in Linz :)

http://relevant.at/sport/tennis/213356/sabine-lisicki-schlaegt-beim-generali-ladies-linz.story

Lisickinator
Aug 28th, 2011, 02:36 PM
But she won't play Tokyo :confused:

mk27
Aug 28th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, but I don't know the reason :shrug:

Her next tournament after the US Open is Beijing

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:17 PM
^I thought she was playing Quebec City :unsure:

Specter
Aug 28th, 2011, 11:32 PM
She will play in Linz :)

http://relevant.at/sport/tennis/213356/sabine-lisicki-schlaegt-beim-generali-ladies-linz.story

Oh great, the Silly Costumes Open... :facepalm:

http://www.generali-ladies.at/galerie/images/playersnight/06.jpg

http://www.generali-ladies.at/galerie/images/sunday/06.jpg

hellas719
Aug 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM
^I actually like them and they are traditional Austrian costumes, so don't laugh at other cultures ;)

Specter
Aug 29th, 2011, 05:21 AM
^I actually like them and they are traditional Austrian costumes, so don't laugh at other cultures ;)

http://ist1-4.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/5/7/6/6/57663/B/i/m/8/Bim8/tumblr_lh44hkjoAm1qg1xpdo1_400.gif

Ian Aberdon
Aug 29th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Oh great, the Silly Costumes Open... :facepalm:

http://www.generali-ladies.at/galerie/images/playersnight/06.jpg

http://www.generali-ladies.at/galerie/images/sunday/06.jpg

:lol:

The hiillllssss are alive....with the sound of muuuuusssiiiccc............:help: