Schiavone, Francesca (ITA)
Sharapova, Maria (RUS)
Stosur, Samantha (AUS)
Wickmayer, Yanina (BEL)
Williams, Serena (USA)
Williams, Venus (USA)
Wozniacki, Caroline (DEN)
Zvonareva, Vera (RUS)

:eek: Though I'm sure there will be lots of withdrawals. But it's great to see Venus and Serena in a WTA Entry-List :sad:

LoLex
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
As always. Players love this tournament.

Keegan
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Stuttgart should really be upgraded!

jimbo mack
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
wow...6th slam?

Uranium
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Well perfect for the Williams Sisters. Play Fed Cup in Germany and then a few days later play Stuttgart.

Lucas_Arg
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Clijsters, both WS and Maria?
Sadly it wont happen.

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
note to caro, this is a strong entry list

danieln1
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
They really want that Porsche!!

Qualifying field will be better than a lot of tournaments, including some premiers!

matthias
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
you can drive a Porsche the whole week for free :D

Craig.
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Maria's playing Stuttgart? :spit:

matthias
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
well, we have 31 players listed
:confused:
some of them have to play Qualifying - crazy

TheItalianStyle
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Sincerely I'm pretty sure there's something wrong: those seems just the best 30 players in the world now, I wish I could be wrong but I don't see some of those players playing 3 weeks in a row on clay (Serena and Venus, Kim, Sharapova).

And it is so early to have this list almost complete: i don't know, but I'd be surprised if this will be the real list. I wish it for Stuttgart (however it will be pretty similar, with some probable absences)

danieln1
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Who´s missing from the top 30?

ViceUltramontain
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Who´s missing from the top 30?

Dani is the only one missing.

Lucas_Arg
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Qualifying field will be better than a lot of tournaments, including some premiers!

It's better than the AO!

Halepsova
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:57 PM
It's been pretty strong since Filderstadt. Who wouldn't wanna be a princess for just a week? Brought to you by Porsche.

pedropt
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
:eek:

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Last year Henin won it. So cant match that as far as clay court success.
But should be a good week

Ferg
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Its always a top class tournament, for its players, courts, atmosphere and crowds.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM
This list is obviously wrong, they don't have the right to have so many top players for a Premier tournament. Or they would have to upgrade A LOT the prize money, which is not going to happen.

M.P
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
i guess
Cibulkova, Safarova and Kirilenko will play Qualifying

Direwolf
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Who wouldn't :bounce::bounce::bounce:

It's better than the AO!

:yeah:
My First thought!

It's alright as it is.

Sincerely I'm pretty sure there's something wrong: those seems just the best 30 players in the world now, I wish I could be wrong but I don't see some of those players playing 3 weeks in a row on clay (Serena and Venus, Kim, Sharapova).

And it is so early to have this list almost complete: i don't know, but I'd be surprised if this will be the real list. I wish it for Stuttgart (however it will be pretty similar, with some probable absences)

How are they playing 3 weeks in a row??
There is a week with 2 Eminems after Stuttgart.
Then Madrid-Rome.

madmax
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
this list is better than any Grand Slam list in the last year or so:haha:
Should be one hell of a tournament if all the names will show up healthy and motivated

Shinjiro
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
You can even add Lendl and Wilander to that list. :worship:

Uranium
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM
This list is obviously wrong, they don't have the right to have so many top players for a Premier tournament. Or they would have to upgrade A LOT the prize money, which is not going to happen.

$721,000 is their prize money and it is the highest I believe. Doha has 7/10 and is still $721,000. For internationals, you have to charge up the money when it comes to the amount of top players. But I think for premiers it is just upper premier and lower premier where it would be 721,000 or 618,000 based on the WTA tournament schedule, not sure though.

TheItalianStyle
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
How are they playing 3 weeks in a row??
There is a week with 2 Eminems after Stuttgart.
Then Madrid-Rome.

Sorry I didn't know this year the schedule changed, I just tought Rome and Madrid switched.

Still, this list is clearly wrong.

ViceUltramontain
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I thought top players have to play only 2 Premier 700 tournaments ?

Kim has already played Paris, she'll probably play San Diego. Don't think she's going to Stuttgart. She'll probably play Rome and Madrid.

crazillo
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Germany should also have more than one tournament. :sad: At least we got two in MD this year - usually Germans had to decide between FC and playing qualies here every year. :o :o

LoLex
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Germany should also have more than one tournament. :sad: At least we got two in MD this year - usually Germans had to decide between FC and playing qualies here every year. :o :o

I would love to see tournament in Leipzig again played on the carpet.

Linguae^
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Always a good tournament. :)

simonsaystennis
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Well perfect for the Williams Sisters. Play Fed Cup in Germany and then a few days later play Stuttgart.

This would be amazing.

crazillo
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:06 PM
This would be amazing.

I clearly hope we won't see them play FC against us. :o They haven't played it in so long. It's not like they love clay so there's hope for us...

Mistress of Evil
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Grand Slam Cup. :eek:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Amazing field really. If every player shows up here it would be Amazing.

Now win this WOZ :rolleyes:

danieln1
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Everyone should bet on how many players will withdraw from this perfect entry list, somethig very common to occur in the WTA

Lenny_DH
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Kim definitely won't play this event. Her two P700 tournaments for the year are Paris and San Diego. So Stuttgart would be an extra tournament for her and since she must play Madrid and Rome to fulfill her minimum requirement, I can't see that happen.

Shinjiro
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Grand Slam Cup. :eek:

ahah, nice one. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
you can drive a Porsche the whole week for free :D

:drive: You mean every player in the MD gets a Porsche for the week ? If so then >>> :rocker:

Roookie
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
The entry list is too good to be true.

lolas
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:51 PM
It's well organized, players like it, good crowd...but I still hope that one day it will be a "real" indoor tournament with a super fast surface again.
For now I won't complain.

LoLex
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
It's well organized, players like it, good crowd...but I still hope that one day it will be a "real" indoor tournament with a super fast surface again.
For now I won't complain.

Oh yeah and there are always these fake fan clubs of all players on the crowd. But anyway I like this tournament the most.

crazillo
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah and there are always these fake fan clubs of all players on the crowd. But anyway I like this tournament the most.

I used to be part in one of them and it was great fun for the kids to have a player to cheer on really!

Halepsova
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM
They should bring back Hamburg/Berlin to be a clay tournament and move Stuttgart to fall.

LoLex
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I used to be part in one of them and it was great fun for the kids to have a player to cheer on really!

I don't find it wrong. At least all of the players get equal support.

lolas
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Yeah, that's odd :lol: Not sure what to think about it.

Filderstadt used to be such a cosy tournament, lovely memories I have :)

TheItalianStyle
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Once again, this is not a real list

HuHu
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Is LaPush ready to defend her semifinal points? :cheer: Winners from all over the court :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thank God Maria is finally (supposed to) play Stuttgart. Indoor clay is much faster and therefore suits her game much more than outdoor clay, Stuttgart is probably her best chance of a Premier title on clay if she gets to some decent form.

But that's simply an impossibly stunning field.

LoLex
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Is LaPush ready to defend her semifinal points? :cheer: Winners from all over the court :cheer:

:spit: That was the strangest run in 2010. Where is she now?

Gdsimmons
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Is that a Serena Williams. Well hot damn

snowfox
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
i have a ticket for the final. cant wait :-) i hope that entry list holds up to reality

-NAJ-
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:14 PM
That's not real list:help::help::help:

Ferg
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
:spit: That was the strangest run in 2010. Where is she now?

I think I read something about her taking a break or possibly even retirement because she hates the lifestyle and constant travelling. Not sure how accurate at was though but it explains her absence.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
That's not real list:help::help::help:

I think that's just the list of the currently active WTA players, not the entry list :lol:

The Dawntreader
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Stuttgart seems to attract top players in their droves. It's probably one of the more attractive venues on tour, especially with the indoor factor, which will tempt a few outdoor clay 'phobes'.

Nice entry list. Would be miraculous if that ever materialised though:lol:

Pump-it-UP
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Who wants to bet that it ends up with a better field than mandatory Madrid? :lol:

MB.
Feb 21st, 2011, 02:25 AM
http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-current_players

Azarenka, Victoria (BLR)
Bartoli, Marion (FRA)
Cibulkova, Dominika (SVK)
Clijsters, Kim (BEL)
Dulgheru, Alexandra (ROU)
Goerges, Julia (GER)
Ivanovic, Ana (SRB)
Jankovic, Jelena (SRB)
Kanepi, Kaia (EST)
Kirilenko, Maria (RUS)
Kleybanova, Alisa (RUS)
Kuznetsova, Svetlana (RUS)
Kvitova, Petra (CZE)
Li, Na (CHN)
Martinez Sanchez, Maria Jose (ESP)
Pavlyuchenkova, Anastasia (RUS)
Peer, Shahar (ISR)
Pennetta, Flavia (ITA)
Petkovic, Andrea (GER)
Petrova, Nadia (RUS)
Radwanska, Agnieszka (POL)
Rezai, Aravane (FRA)
Safarova, Lucie (CZE)
Schiavone, Francesca (ITA)
Sharapova, Maria (RUS)
Stosur, Samantha (AUS)
Wickmayer, Yanina (BEL)
Williams, Serena (USA)
Williams, Venus (USA)
Wozniacki, Caroline (DEN)
Zvonareva, Vera (RUS)

:eek: Though I'm sure there will be lots of withdrawals. But it's great to see Venus and Serena in a WTA Entry-List :sad:

Pretty much the only four that, given their current form, aren't a big threat to win matches here.

Really, the winner could be anyone.

KBlade
Feb 21st, 2011, 02:59 AM
Serena :hearts: Potential for some great first round match ups.

eck
Feb 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
Great field.

:tears:

tsmile789
Feb 21st, 2011, 03:48 AM
N since the queen of clay has retire...it'll be fun to see who win !!! Players love this tournament well mayb because of the porsche!!!

Payam
Feb 21st, 2011, 04:09 AM
The entry list is too good to be true.

I second that, since it has been published on the official website of the tournament, I suspect it might have been a marketing trick by the agents to sell more tickets.
I have never been to Germany and have no idea how the turnout there has so far been, but for instance here in Auckland the tickets were never sold out until this year they brought in Sharapova and the tickets were sold out even before the tournament starts.

Caralenko
Feb 21st, 2011, 04:18 AM
Thank God Maria is finally (supposed to) play Stuttgart. Indoor clay is much faster and therefore suits her game much more than outdoor clay, Stuttgart is probably her best chance of a Premier title on clay if she gets to some decent form.

She hasn't been good on fast courts for quite a while. Pretty much since reaching the YEC final in 2007. In fact her slow movement is helped by the slow surfaces that give her more time to reach the ball.

Uranus
Feb 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Filderstadt/Stuttgart has always had the most amazing fields outside mandatory tourn./slams.

Caro ain't winning this :lol:.

Tennis Observer
Feb 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-current_players
For those in the know, no surprise, as this is the result after clicking on provided link:

Error on the page -- Fehler auf der Seite

An error occurred. -- Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

CillyUltra
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
Horrible such a field would be :mad: German media doesn't care much about the field, only successes of German players.

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:02 PM
She hasn't been good on fast courts for quite a while. Pretty much since reaching the YEC final in 2007. In fact her slow movement is helped by the slow surfaces that give her more time to reach the ball.
...Like I said, if she manages to get into some decent form.

Anyway I've always liked this event so it's good to see that she's finally playing one of the best and loved tournaments out there.

Slutiana
Feb 25th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Yup.

In her match vs Justine last year, she was doing great in the slow and damp conditions. When it got quicker in the morning, she was toast.

ReboundAce
Apr 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Has anyone withdrawn from the event ?

legionmx
Apr 12th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Has anyone withdrawn from the event ?

From the official list of players (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-current_players_2011), Penneta has officially withdrawn (according to her official twitter account (http://twitter.com/PennettaWebsite)) and Kanepi is in doubt having being diagnosed with Achilles tendonitis (according to the News section of her official website (http://www.kaiakanepi.com/index.php)).

ReboundAce
Apr 14th, 2011, 03:56 PM
From the official list of players (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-current_players_2011), Penneta has officially withdrawn (according to her official twitter account (http://twitter.com/PennettaWebsite)) and Kanepi is in doubt having being diagnosed with Achilles tendonitis (according to the News section of her official website (http://www.kaiakanepi.com/index.php)).

Good let's hope noone else withdraws froms the event, i want vika in the final vs woz or jelena (if she plays but i think she will)