PDA

View Full Version : Changes in season 2....

no-hay-igual
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Okay, so in light of recent events, managers have decided to let you guys choose a big change for season 2, if you want it that is. In season 2, we either keep the same format as season 1, splitting 5000 dollars into 8 weeks of competition or alternatively just having 1000 dollars for every tournament with special bonuses for home court advantages and article bonuses. Another alternative is to lower the minimum number of dollars in a tournament to 500, so people don't think it is hopeless when they only have 300 dollars in a tournament. The choice is up to you, so please vote and if there is a majority then the rules will be changed.

Thanks, Ste and Nick :)

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I think you should just keep the format as it is:shrug:. All you need to add is the home court advantage and the possibility to write just two articles during the whole tournament. I mean everyone can write as much as they want but they only gonna get 100 points bonus.

Hopefully you'll add the H2H thread soon on ART! You are doing an amazing job.:yeah:

no-hay-igual
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM
thanks for you words miloti :)

Ivanovic2008
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Format the way it is!

Ivanovic2008
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I love ART!

no-hay-igual
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:48 PM
thankyou :)

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Part of what makes ART great IMO is the fact that you have to strategize which tournaments you want to go after. No player in real life is going to be able to win week in week out. I think its important that members space their points out between their players at different tournaments therefore if one player has 300 at one then they should have another with like 800 so that week in week out they have someone to cheer for. Otherwise, I can't envision any changes to ART, I love it in its true form, and I'm eagerly looking forward to dethroning Anna Chakvetadze soon if I can.

I think the issue for most people (myself included) is that we have to pick and choose from these amazing games on TF, and we can't play them all...if we did...our brains would be frazzled. I for one will be an ART supporter for the duration of my time here on Tennis Forum, and I will be one of its faithful followers as long as the game continues to run.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication no-hay-igual and Serena4Ever. A shout out to all those players who have devoted time to playing this game to make it as awesome as it is.

ART 4EVER!

Miracle Worker
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I think we should have opportunity to skip some tournaments... Something similar to normal WTA.

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:06 AM
No Beesley. Cause then Everybody would skip a tournament or two just so he/she gets more points for the tournament he/she chose to play!

So that is a no :yeah:

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:07 AM
I think we should have opportunity to skip some tournaments... Something similar to normal WTA.

Maybe we can skip like 1 week per season?

Otherwise I think it just becomes unfair...with points distribution and everything.

Miracle Worker
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Why? We would have player who play in MM and better one. It's strange that some players have to play in ITFs...

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe we should adopt something similar to Tennis Tipping once we have more players?

The problem is Beesley, we don't have enough players and having lower tiered tournaments offers up chances for someone to win a title at a less important event than a Tier 1 or Grand Slam. This also leads into the fact that if someone chooses to miss a week, its effect is widely felt because we don't have the players to mitigate that impact.

I think for now, we should continue with the current rules and then look into changes once we grow some more.

Miracle Worker
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:26 AM
The problem is Beesley...

I really don't like this sentence :p

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I really don't like this sentence :p

Reread what i said, it was the beginning of a phrase....stop editing what I write.... :lol:

Miracle Worker
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Reread what i said, it was the beginning of a phrase....stop editing what I write.... :lol:

I know ;) BTW, Laura can only dream to overtake Chakvetadze.

And I think, that we have limit of bonus points (150) and I think it's good limit. And I think, that the home-crowd bonus is not good idea, cause not everyone could receive it.

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I know ;) BTW, Laura can only dream to overtake Chakvetadze.

And I think, that we have limit of bonus points (150) and I think it's good limit. And I think, that the home-crowd bonus is not good idea, cause not everyone could receive it.

Unless...people did what I did to the WCONT in Chicago...and take it over with the Daleks!

Ex-ter-min-ate!

but yeah I agree with that. Venus had the maximum points with bonus and STILL lost....theres a rumor going around that Venus might retire at the end of this season, but she might stay through to Wimbledon.

Ianto_Jones
Feb 16th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I know ;) BTW, Laura is the only one who can dream to overtake Chakvetadze.

OMG, fantastic! :hearts: Such compliments!

claypova
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Maybe extend the calender for the season. it seems weird how 1 season is only like 10 tournaments/weeks long :lol:

flareon
Feb 16th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I like art the way it is But I did vote for upping to 500 points as a slight comprimise. I do not mind what you do though because its a really good game.

Miracle Worker
Feb 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
OMG, fantastic! :hearts: Such compliments!

You wish :haha:

Maybe the players could have any chances to change their schedule during the season?

Hian
Feb 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I think you should just keep the format as it is:shrug:. All you need to add is the home court advantage and the possibility to write just two articles during the whole tournament. I mean everyone can write as much as they want but they only gonna get 100 points bonus.

Hopefully you'll add the H2H thread soon on ART! You are doing an amazing job.:yeah:

Agree :worship:
Home advantage would be great, but the format is already great :)
Waiting for H2H :bounce:

Ivanovic2008
Feb 18th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Decision Made yet?