PDA

View Full Version : Upper respiratory viral illness def. Sharapova 3-0: Out of Doha

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship: Mission: Be healthy, Stay healthy & Kick some butt! :worship: :worship: :worship:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3941/96746sharapovadubaiopen.jpg

Entry List:

#1 Caroline Wozniacki DEN
#3 Vera Zvonareva RUS
#4 Francesca Schiavone ITA
#5 Samantha Stosur AUS
#6 Venus Williams USA
#7 Na Li CHN
#8 Jelena Jankovic SRB
#9 Victoria Azarenka BLR
#10 Agnieszka Radwanska POL
#11 Shahar Peer ISR
#13 Maria Sharapova RUS
#15 Marion Bartoli FRA
#16 Flavia Pennetta ITA
#17 Kaia Kanepi EST
#18 Petra Kvitova CZE
#19 Ana Ivanovic SRB
#22 Alisa Kleybanova RUS
#23 Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS
#24 Andrea Petkovic GER
#25 Maria Kirilenko RUS
#26 Yanina Wickmayer BEL
#27 Dominika Cibulkova SVK
#28 Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez ESP
#29 Alexandra Dulgheru ROU
#30 Lucie Safarova CZE
#31 Jarmila Groth AUS
#32 Daniela Hantuchova SVK
#33 Tsvetana Pironkova BUL
#35 Klara Zakopalova CZE
#36 Anastasia Sevastova LAT
#38 Roberta Vinci ITA
#39 Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ had knee surgery in January, may withdraw
#41 Ekaterina Makarova RUS
#43 Jie Zheng CHN
#42 Patty Schnyder SUI
#44 Sara Errani ITA
#46 Timea Bacsinszky SUI
#49 Anna Chakvetadze RUS
#50 Angelique Kerber GER
#51 Elena Vesnina RUS
#52 Vera Dushevina RUS
#55 Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN
#57 Elena Baltacha GBR

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM
*reserved*

gc-spurs
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
First.
Yeah, hopes not high.

madmax
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
oh yeah, that is some heavyweight competition here:bowdown:
Kick some butt Masha and prove us wrong please:hearts:

s2crux
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
4 days to be healthy.

s2crux
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Venus, Is She withdraw?

MaruSharapova
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
So glad Maria's playing here I love this tournament! :hearts:
Now just pray that she finds some kind of form :unsure:

s2crux
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Sharapova needs to defend 280pts from memphis, so If She dont want her point go down, She must go to Semisfinal.
So It's is very difficult :(

Qetusi
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Venus, Is She withdraw?

yes

Sp!ffy
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Sharapova needs to defend 280pts from memphis, so If She dont want her point go down, She must go to Semisfinal.
So It's is very difficult :(

:sad:

masha122
Feb 10th, 2011, 12:12 PM
great decision from masha to play in dubai :) , i hope she will be fine in the next few days

ps = for the thread title instead of salam wa alaikum it should be al-salam alaikum :angel:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Is the title correct now? :unsure:

Sharapovian
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I can read Arabic, unfortunately don't understand it much :sobbing:

but it is meant to say Welcome to Dubai, right?

And get well soon Maria :hug:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hope Maria will get better in time.

alcer
Feb 10th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Fasten Seatbelts|Brace Yourselves|Close your eyes|Hope for the best!|Dubai

Perhaps not this year. Apparently Maria has flown back to US.

joćo.
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Oh.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I expected this. I'm glad

AniaSharapova
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Fasten Seatbelts|Brace Yourselves|Close your eyes|Hope for the best!|Dubai

Perhaps not this year. Apparently Maria has flown back to US.

Really? She came back to USA?

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM
So...she's not playing? :sad:

perseus2006
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:01 PM
This shit did NOT happen before the introduction of the LiveScore Thread...

Qetusi
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM
So...she's not playing? :sad:

No :sad:
And may be she won't play Doha too....
If Maria has flown back to US,i don't think that she will regress to play only one tournament and then go back to US again :sad:

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
This shit did NOT happen before the introduction of the LiveScore Thread...
I know. :o That shit needs to go.
No :sad:
And may be she won't play Doha too....
If Maria has flown back to US,i don't think that she will regress to play only one tournament and then go back to US again :sad:
Is there a source that says she returned to the States though?

Qetusi
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:31 PM

No but, that she has pulled out from Duday i know exactly.
On russian forum we have one person, who has access to know things like that ....
It's not the first time when he informs as about maria's withdraw from tournaments before anybody alse .... and unfortunately he is always correct ...

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I know. :o That shit needs to go.

Yeah... I mean, it's not like she has a history of getting sick/injured... :rolleyes:
Be glad it's just an infection and not a injured elbow, hamstring, ankle or shoulder. :o

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:41 PM
On russian forum we have one person, who has access to know things like that ....
It's not the first time when he informs as about maria's withdraw from tournaments before anybody alse .... and unfortunately he is always correct ...
Ugh. :sad: Well we only know for sure when there's a public announcement about it I guess. I find it really weird that she has already given up on Dubai though.

Sharapovian
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
So she has withdrawn from Dubai too? :unsure:

mariavikafan
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Shit, shit, shit. She had so many points to win it's becoming really annoying every year she seems to be injured physically I'm sick of this:rolleyes:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Ugh. :sad: Well we only know for sure when there's a public announcement about it I guess. I find it really weird that she has already given up on Dubai though.

I guess she doesn't wanna stay around much longer if she isn't sure if she can play. She'd basically sit around in Europe / The Middle East for two weeks, before she could play Doha. :shrug:

Also, Valentine's day is coming up and Sasha has a few days off between the 16th and the 25th. ;)

Love heals
When you feel like you can't go on
Love heals
Hold on to love, it'll keep you strong
Love heals
When you feel like you can't go on
Love heals
Hold on to love, and it will bring you home

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Good point. :hehehe: I wonder what they'll give each other.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Good point. :hehehe: I wonder what they'll give each other.

Something expensive. :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Something expensive. :shrug:
Car, house, diamond watch, second serve? :speakles:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Car, house, diamond watch, second serve? :speakles:

Car = a few grand
house = a few milli
second serve = priceless

:haha:

I almost forgot Fashion Week in NYC starts today. How'd you feel if you saw Masha attending any shows? :scratch:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Car = a few grand
house = a few milli
second serve = priceless

:haha:

I almost forgot Fashion Week in NYC starts today. How'd you feel if you saw Masha attending any shows? :scratch:

Good, TBH. I miss Redcarpetpova, and everytime Redcarpetpova shows up.. she win Slams.

Sharapovian
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I'd like to see her attending them :hearts: (Well if she doesn't play tennis then of course :lol:)

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
If you're sick, then stay inside. :( No need to go outside with a viral infection, especially now that it's so cold in the US.

Sharapovian
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:24 PM
^ Oh yeah forgot about that :tears: she should rest then.

Break My Rapture
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Sigh I really wanted to watch Maria play here, I really like this tournament. :tears:

mariavikafan
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
If you're sick, then stay inside. :( No need to go outside with a viral infection, especially now that it's so cold in the US.

Not in L.A

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Not in L.A

Fashion Week is in New York, though. ;)

ETA: Matt Cronin, aka Masha's inside guy, said Masha is questionable for Dubai. Not out. :confused:

denny5576
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
ETA: Matt Cronin, aka Masha's inside guy, said Masha is questionable for Dubai. Not out. :confused:
Matt is simply not informed. She is out.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 10th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Matt is simply not informed. She is out.

Strange, 'cause he always says that he's actually in contact with her. I mean, he broke the story about her being engaged and stuff. :shrug:

Sp!ffy
Feb 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Not in L.A

It is actually kind of cold here. :lol:

I'd prefer to see Maria go straight from Paris to Dubai...not be flying around everywhere.

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM
subfuckinscribed. get well soon masha :hug:

Lachy
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Ajdemo!

Mistress of Evil
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I just want her to show up. :sobbing:

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Strange, 'cause he always says that he's actually in contact with her. I mean, he broke the story about her being engaged and stuff. :shrug:
Nothing strange. He is in contact with Max, not with Maria. And from time to time Max gives him some news.

Sp!ffy
Feb 11th, 2011, 09:48 AM
So...it's 2:45 AM and I'm watching the abc nightly world news and apparently Maria pulling out of the Paris Open is a worldwide trending online search. :scratch:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Au revoir to Dubai, too. She has withdrawn. :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
^^Yeah, we know... Does that mean she's officially out of Doha as well? :scratch:

Sharapovian
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Probably :tears:

So hopefully she will be back by IW I take it.

Lachy
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't think it would take too much longer than 2 weeks to heal. So fingers crossed for Doha.

Sharapovian
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Never realised Doha was in two weeks, then it's definitely possible she could play there :shrug:

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM
^^Yeah, we know... Does that mean she's officially out of Doha as well? :scratch:
No. Maria is out only from Dubai.

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM
About Doha Maria will decide later.

Reptilia
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:50 AM
States to Doha is a long flight for just one tournament.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM
She should just try to recover and get ready for IW + Miami. No point in going to Doha.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:56 AM
States to Doha is a long flight for just one tournament.

That's what I was thinkin.
LA to Doha is a 20+ hour travel. Honestly doubt she will do it.

Reptilia
Feb 11th, 2011, 11:08 AM
She must be so frustrated.
I hope we are getting all of 2011's speed bumps out of the way early this year. :tears:

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
You are correct – the long flight to Doha and the acclimatization makes it difficult and not so desirable. But the problem is Maria needs matches. If she’ll not play before IW she’ll be not ready for IW & Miami. The only alternative of Doha is Monterrey. But it is International – lower level players and points. That’s why she did not withdraw yesterday from Doha.

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
She must be so frustrated.

She is.

Maria Croft
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:28 PM
She should just try to recover and get ready for IW + Miami. No point in going to Doha.

I agree, the start of this season is already messy enough as it is, she should just fully recover so she's finally able to have a good showing at IW and play Miami again.

She obviously wasn't going to be ready so soon after Paris, poor Maria, she just can't even stay healthy for six months these days :hug:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:37 PM
How far apart is Doha held from IW? 2-3 weeks? If it's not too long I think she should just withdraw from Doha.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM
How far apart is Doha held from IW? 2-3 weeks? If it's not too long I think she should just withdraw from Doha.

There are almost 3 weeks between the Doha final and the second round in Indian Wells.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 11th, 2011, 01:47 PM
She should play. :sobbing:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 11th, 2011, 02:45 PM
WTF! Another Withdrawal. This is getting too much :sad:.

She didn't have to make all those statements that she was about to play these tournament when its clear she wasn't from the beginning.

Now she will declare she is about to play Doha and then withdraw a day or two before the tournament starts.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM

She didn't have to make all those statements that she was about to play these tournament when its clear she wasn't from the beginning.

Now she will declare she is about to play Doha and then withdraw a day or two before the tournament starts.

What statements? She committed to those tournaments, because she thought she would play them. Nobody knew she was gonna get sick. :shrug:

s2crux
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:10 PM
please play doha

cyannnnn
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:16 PM
if she is sick, she is sick.

i prefer she stays in paris until she is ok. because take a plane when you are sick and with climate change...not a good idea. she will be more tired and will further weaken her immune system

s2crux
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM
if she is sick, she is sick.

i prefer she stays in paris until she is ok. because take a plane when you are sick and with climate change...not a good idea. she will be more tired and will further weaken her immune system

Agree

Break My Rapture
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Oh well, if she's going to play she should be 100% healthy. Playing when she's not at full strength could only worsen things. Not sure if she's going to play Doha but if she doesn't I don't expect much good from IW/Miami. Gosh she must be so upset that her momentum (even if it has been pretty small so far) gets ruined over and over again. :awww: :hug:

WTF. :lol: As if Maria knows she's going to get a viral infection when she plans her schedule.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Oh well, if she's going to play she should be 100% healthy. Playing when she's not at full strength could only worsen things. Not sure if she's going to play Doha but if she doesn't I don't expect much good from IW/Miami. Gosh she must be so upset that her momentum (even if it has been pretty small so far) gets ruined over and over again. :awww: :hug:

WTF. :lol: As if Maria knows she's going to get a viral infection when she plans her schedule.

What (positive) momentum, though? The last time she had any real momentum was after her Cincy semi or maybe, just maybe, after her match against Goerges. :tears:

s2crux
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Maria is unlucky with sasha:((

s2crux
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Mattek-Sands def Petkovic 7-6, 2-6, 6-3

Break My Rapture
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
What (positive) momentum, though? The last time she had any real momentum was after her Cincy semi or maybe, just maybe, after her match against Goerges. :tears:
Like perseus2006 has said a couple of days ago, she needs as much matches as possible to get the changes into her game how Hogstedt wants it, and that the changes can actually stay implemented in it. The US Open Series is a good example, she reached 2 finals and her play in Cincy was better than her play in Stanford. It shows that Maria really doesn't need that much matches to get into decent form but it's SO frustrating that her health doesn't allow her to play a full schedule (in this case just 2 or 3 tournaments in a row) to get back into shape. I expect the same level of play in IW/Miami. :shrug:

pov
Feb 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Sometimes you have to really get away from basketball, and just clear your mind,’’ Vujacic said about Monday. “But I was watching a lot of tapes of the last couple of games we played and my routine was not there. I just wasn’t myself, and I had a hard time getting myself into the game. So it got me frustrated. So I just decided to go. I was sick, also, and I got really tired of being in a bed for 10 hours. I had to get out of it."
I guess they're sharing.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Like perseus2006 has said a couple of days ago, she needs as much matches as possible to get the changes into her game how Hogstedt wants it, and that the changes can actually stay implemented in it. The US Open Series is a good example, she reached 2 finals and her play in Cincy was better than her play in Stanford. It shows that Maria really doesn't need that much matches to get into decent form but it's SO frustrating that her health doesn't allow her to play a full schedule (in this case just 2 or 3 tournaments in a row) to get back into shape. I expect the same level of play in IW/Miami. :shrug:

I wholeheartedly agree with that, but Masha's health is something nobody can control. It's unfortunate and frustrating that Masha will have to go into IW with two consecutive losses and without having played in over a month, assuming she doesn't play Doha or any of the smaller Internationals.

Now if we're looking ahead, what can we expect?
She's gonna play IW, Miami & Charleston, but I don't really expect her to go too deep in any of them unless she gets very favorable draws.
Next up is some exo against Dulko... wtf? Don't get it.

Do we know anything about her Clay schedule? Think she's gonna surprise us and play, for example, Barcelona, Madrid & Rome?

This season begins just like the previous season ended: Quite disappointing.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I guess they're sharing.

Yeah. That "little break" in NY after the OZ... Great:)

mariavikafan
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I can't, I just can't:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Break My Rapture
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with that, but Masha's health is something nobody can control. It's unfortunate and frustrating that Masha will have to go into IW with two consecutive losses and without having played in over a month, assuming she doesn't play Doha or any of the smaller Internationals.

Now if we're looking ahead, what can we expect?
She's gonna play IW, Miami & Charleston, but I don't really expect her to go too deep in any of them unless she gets very favorable draws.
Next up is some exo against Dulko... wtf? Don't get it.

Do we know anything about her Clay schedule? Think she's gonna surprise us and play, for example, Barcelona, Madrid & Rome?

This season begins just like the previous season ended: Quite disappointing.
Yup. :awww: Pretty much.

denny5576
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Will play Charleston, Madrid, Rome and Strasbourg, if necessary

Craig.
Feb 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I just can't...anymore.

MaitaBaby
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Will play Charleston, Madrid, Rome and Strasbourg, if necessary

:lol:

You guys are disappointed because she's sick and she absolutely can't do anything about it? Well, that's nice.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:34 PM

You guys are disappointed because she's sick and she absolutely can't do anything about it? Well, that's nice.

This.

debby
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
thanks Maria, because of her, I have the flu :p I was in Paris last week-end :p

Get well soon Maria :)

and :hug: to her fans esp mariavikafan who was looking forward to watch her live

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Basically. It's not her fault, but it still sucks. Hard.

mariavikafan
Feb 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM

and :hug: to her fans esp mariavikafan who was looking forward to watch her live

:lol: thanks. That suck for Maria though she had so many chances to win many points and finally coming back in top 10 but c'est la vie.
And we know she can't do anything but still it sucks like I said she had chances to gain many points see you in Doha, hopefully.

Jack89
Feb 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Does anyone think she been getting these viruses and colds because of the some of the losses she's had.

I don't mean the losses have actually caused her to get this virus but she obviously got this virus after the AO and didn't she has some cold/virus after the US Open..??

I'm just thinking that those losses did affect her and when you feel a bit down and crappy, aren't you more susceptible to getting viruses/colds etc.

Kitten63
Feb 11th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Poor Masha :hug:

atominside
Feb 11th, 2011, 08:39 PM
this is like soo depresing

slamchamp
Feb 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM

and :hug: to her fans esp mariavikafan who was looking forward to watch her livethanks deby:kiss:

Lucas_Arg
Feb 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I just can't understand why I can't get over Masha.
I mean, for the past 3 years she has only given to me frustations...

nelsondan
Feb 11th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Does anyone think she been getting these viruses and colds because of the some of the losses she's had.

I don't mean the losses have actually caused her to get this virus but she obviously got this virus after the AO and didn't she has some cold/virus after the US Open..??

I'm just thinking that those losses did affect her and when you feel a bit down and crappy, aren't you more susceptible to getting viruses/colds etc.

This is one of those things I like to just make a comment every now and then, but kind of buried in a thread somewhere, because I am no expert...Maybe someone who knows the subject better than I might expand on it.....

I wonder if Maria's diet, exercise and weight are more of a factor now, than 3 or 4 years ago. Would she be better off ten or fifteen pounds more? She used to talk about food all the time in her earlier doodles. I wonder if she puts pressure on herself to be thin for her sponsors---I worry that it could affect her health. I worry that having less strength affects her game.

Jovana.
Feb 11th, 2011, 11:07 PM
None of this would've happened if she hired me as her doctor. oh well.

Get better soon Mash' :hug:

gc-spurs
Feb 12th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Dammit Masha get you're act together and get better!! /jks

Oh man that must be so disappointing for her. Curse this wretched part of the year. Whatevs, she's a claycourter anywho.

alcer
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Maria has flown home to Los Angeles.

"TENNIS,com has also learned the the former No. 1 has flown home to Los Angeles and will not attempt to go back across the Atlantic and try and compete in Doha the following week. Her next tournament after that is Indian Wells.—Matthew Cronin"

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?
articleid=10488&zoneid=25

I'm confused. Does it mean no Doha this year too, or she'll try in Doha?

denny5576
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:33 AM
I'm confused. Does it mean no Doha this year too, or she'll try in Doha?
No Doha

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:38 AM
^^Do you know if she thinks about getting a Wildcard into one of the smaller events?

madmax
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:41 AM
oh boy...so after all the big talk about whoring every tournament we are left with the same result as last year, even worse:haha: Hopefully she fully recovers untill IW and Miami then

denny5576
Feb 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM
^^Do you know if she thinks about getting a Wildcard into one of the smaller events?
Monterrey is the only option. The tournament is ready to give Maria WC. They want her there and try to convince her from November the last year. But no word yet from Maria

AniaSharapova
Feb 12th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I was so happy that February will be great for us and Maria and now i realise that she played only one poor match and it's over.

KK2009
Feb 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
The reason for withdrawl from Dubai was convicing to me, health comes first after all. As to Doha, what the hell was she thinking???:fiery: At least she should wait until next Friday to make up her mind based on her health condition. I mean, there's still more than a week away from IW, why so rush to pull out? Staying home and training hard was surely not helping. No warm-up before two 'majors', I will be not surprised when she's out in second round (and probably 1st around) back to back.

Break My Rapture
Feb 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I think she might be taking an extended recovery break to be sure she doesn't get more easily infected with these sort of viruses, since she was having problems with them late last year too.

JadeFox
Feb 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Maria being sick makes me all :awww: I wanna send her some chicken soup! :hug:

Dieter.
Feb 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Poor Masha. :sad: :sad: Get well soon. :hug:

Sp!ffy
Feb 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM

I'm disappointed because Maria is disappointed.

Nina.
Feb 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Aww Masha :awww: it's just not getting better

mariavikafan
Feb 12th, 2011, 08:09 PM
And I just remembered Dubai was a premier 5 and not a premier, god she could have won so many points with this duo Dubai-Doha:sad::sad:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 12th, 2011, 08:32 PM
^ Shame it always happens at the start of seasons, eh? It's been three years. :(

Lucas_Arg
Feb 12th, 2011, 11:16 PM

No, I'm dissapointed because unfortunately I think Maria's head is not in the game anymore. And it has nothing to do with her illness.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM
No, I'm dissapointed because unfortunately I think Maria's head is not in the game anymore. And it has nothing to do with her illness.

well said.

JamieOwen3
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:45 AM
she's sick nothing she can do about it sadly DEAL WITH IT!!
like we have had to the last few years or just move on if you're so fed up ;)

swissmr
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:55 AM

Yeah she changed her coach and dropped the person she admits is like a brother to her for no reason at all :rolleyes:

JamieOwen3
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:01 AM
changed the coach to bring something new to her tennis so if that's not a sign she still into tennis then what is?

swissmr
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:20 AM
changed the coach to bring something new to her tennis so if that's not a sign she still into tennis then what is?

Exactly.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah she changed her coach and dropped the person she admits is like a brother to her for no reason at all :rolleyes:
Mistake.
She wants it. But she cannot. (I accepted already, nothing problem)

swissmr
Feb 13th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Mistake.
She wants it. But she cannot. (I accepted already, nothing problem)

That's not the same as saying her head isn't in the game any more. It clearly is.
She just needs to catch a break.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 13th, 2011, 02:16 AM
That's not the same as saying her head isn't in the game any more. It clearly is.
She just needs to catch a break.

yeah, a huge break... ;) Nothing will change but you may dream. (She had enough break :secret:)

Time will tell. /and so far.../

swissmr
Feb 13th, 2011, 02:19 AM
yeah, a huge break... ;) Nothing will change but you may dream. (She had enough break :secret:)

Time will tell. /and so far.../

I'm still a fan whatever her results may be...

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I'm still a realist fan and I say what I see / think.

Sp!ffy
Feb 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so....:shrug:

mariavikafan
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:20 AM
^ Shame it always happens at the start of seasons, eh? It's been three years. :(

Agree she played Dubai just ONE time(in 2006):eek: I'm not even talking about Miami(last time she played was in 2007 and she was murdered by Serena) it's too much, hopefully she will play IW and Miami this time because I'm not sure I can endure that over again.:lol:

The Norwegian
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Maybe it's malaria?

kimgurl
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
why is this happening now that i started to follow masha's matches like crazy??:sad::sad::crying2:
another sick and boring february:drink:
good thing nba all star is 0N next week:ras::lol::lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:59 AM
why is this happening now that i started to follow masha's matches like crazy??:sad::sad::crying2:
another sick and boring february:drink:
good thing nba all star is 0N next week:ras::lol::lol:

Too bad Aleks barely missed the cut... :p

kimgurl
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Too bad Aleks barely missed the cut... :p

im maybe slow i dont get it:lol::lol:

anyway, nets dont have a sched from the 17th to 24th..he and masha(hopefully she's well by then)can watch the nba all star game, after all its in LA:silly:..yayks they're not gonna watch for sure, sasha is not an all star:sad::o :haha::haha:maybe next year..i wished:spit::ras:

Break My Rapture
Feb 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
LOL just realised something...had Maria played Dubai, she would be at #10 seed Bartoli's place now, facing Date-Krumm in R1. :sobbing: :hysteric:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
She has an ear infection too? :o

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Ear Infection :sobbing:. Whats up with all these infections lately :spit:

cyannnnn
Feb 13th, 2011, 12:40 PM
does she have a otitis???

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM
does she have a otitis???

Had to google this. :o

But yes, she probably does have some sort of otitis. I'd guess otitis media. :tears:

Poor girl. :awww:

nelsondan
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I wonder if Maria's diet, exercise and weight are more of a factor now, than 3 or 4 years ago. Would she be better off ten or fifteen pounds more? She used to talk about food all the time in her earlier doodles. I wonder if she puts pressure on herself to be thin for her sponsors---I worry that it could affect her health. I worry that having less strength affects her game.

I don't think she played that well in 2007--these are from March of that year.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=10273795&postcount=8479
She became thinner than this by January of 2008, when she won in Australia. Maybe there is no connnection, but I wonder if there was wear and tear on her body when she became thinner again. I noticed this about Ivanovic, today. She is beautiful whatever she weighs, but I wonder if she is slightly more in demand now--she is noticably thinner. Her coach did not like it--I am not sure if it has helped or hurt her game.

Ana Ivanovic has ended her coaching relationship with Antonio van Grichen. The two began to work together during the off-season, but apparently didn't mesh.

Ivanovic announced the separation after defeating Nudnida Luangnam 6-0, 6-2 in the first round of Pattaya City. Van Grichen, who also coached Victoria Azarenka and Vera Zvonareva, was still trying to get a handle on which changes she needed to make to her game. He believed that Ivanovic had lost too much weight and needed to put more muscle back on.

The former world No. 1 has been through a slew of coaches over the past couple of years including Sven Groenefeld, Craig Kardon and Heinz Gunhardt. She is planning on hiring a full-time hitting partner to keep some stability while she searches for a new coach.—Matthew Cronin

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19113422&postcount=2184

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
She became thinner than this by January of 2008, when she won in Australia. Maybe there is no connnection, but I wonder if there was wear and tear on her body when she became thinner again. I noticed this about Ivanovic, today. She is beautiful whatever she weighs, but I wonder if she is slightly more in demand now--she is noticably thinner. Her coach did not like it--I am not sure if it has helped or hurt her game.

First off, Ana's new coach did not help her game at all. We cannot tell how the weight loss affects her game, because van Greasy perfectly ruined everything Heinz built. :mad:
Secondly, her weight loss has nothing do to with "being more in demand". :rolleyes: She has a new fitness coach and her weight loss is obviously a result of this.

Thirdly, are you trying to draw parallels between Ana and Maria? Totally different situation, imo.
Ana lost weight since last summer, while Maria lost weight, held her weight and then lost a little again. At least from my memory. Believe it or not, but I do not know the fluctuations of Masha's weight by heart. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Feb 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
On a sidenote, what's with the nickname Van Greasy for Antonio suddenly? :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:22 PM
^^Got it from Forty Deuce. :p :worship:

Break My Rapture
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well that's where I first heard it too. :p

nelsondan
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
First off, Ana's new coach did not help her game at all. We cannot tell how the weight loss affects her game, because van Greasy perfectly ruined everything Heinz built. :mad:
Secondly, her weight loss has nothing do to with "being more in demand". :rolleyes: She has a new fitness coach and her weight loss is obviously a result of this.

Thirdly, are you trying to draw parallels between Ana and Maria? Totally different situation, imo.
Ana lost weight since last summer, while Maria lost weight, held her weight and then lost a little again. At least from my memory. Believe it or not, but I do not know the fluctuations of Masha's weight by heart. :lol:

You helped me..Originally Posted by VirginMary
^^Well, Masha was definitely at her "heaviest" or should I say "fullest" in mid 06/07...

I don't think there has been much fluctuation--early 2007 is somewhat noticable on the fuller side, and there are occasional worries about just how thin she looks in other years. Maria's weight stays very consistent, which is a good thing--unless she is battling too hard to keep it below its natural development.

Being thinner might be something which helps movement on the court, but it might be a minus in other ways. I am not drawing any conclusions, but if Ivanovic starts having a string of medical issues at all similar to Maria's I would wonder about it.

I wonder in both cases, whether they have self-imposed pressure due to commercial contracts for clothing.

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
You helped me..Originally Posted by VirginMary
^^Well, Masha was definitely at her "heaviest" or should I say "fullest" in mid 06/07...

I don't think there has been much fluctuation--early 2007 is somewhat noticable on the fuller side, and there are occasional worries about just how thin she looks in other years. Maria's weight stays very consistent, which is a good thing--unless she is battling too hard to keep it below its natural development.

Being thinner might be something which helps movement on the court, but it might be a minus in other ways. I am not drawing any conclusions, but if Ivanovic starts having a string of medical issues at all similar to Maria's I would wonder about it.

I wonder in both cases, whether they have self-imposed pressure due to commercial contracts for clothing.

Ana has had a string of medical/physical issues for more than 2 years now. :tears:

Bullsh!t on the clothing contract part. Sorry, but that is just stupid.

nelsondan
Feb 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Ana has had a string of medical/physical issues for more than 2 years now. :tears:

Bullsh!t on the clothing contract part. Sorry, but that is just stupid.

I am sorry, too. I just rounded up a few unrelated facts..Maria makes more money in her clothing contracts than almost all the top models who do that for a living....Anna Kournikova at one time dropped almost 20 pounds below her normal weight....I note that there is a long history of women in the public eye putting self-imposed pressure on themselves regarding body issues, who later realize they were not even aware of it, Some athletes suffer from a subtle form of eating disorder that results in excessive and addictive exercise
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/eatingdisorders1/a/compulsive_ex.htm

23,600,000 results for
exercise disorder:

Unlike you, I do not rule out all possibility that any of these things are possible to even the slightest degree with Maria. Because until I do, I am essentially accusing Maria of having turned into Calista Flockhart. There is no in between.
I humbly apologize for my stupidity.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Why do you always talk about weight? Seriously if you search the term "thin" or "pounds" into your posts, there's gonna be tons and tons of them. :lol:

nelsondan
Feb 13th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Why do you always talk about weight? Seriously if you search the term "thin" or "pounds" into your posts, there's gonna be tons and tons of them. :lol:

Out of 250 in the last year, I had 11 thins, and 21 pounds, but some of them might have been in the same posts.

Fair question. I have had a lot of female friends, most of them highly motivated in some field, and I admire them for their discipline, but I have seen them go through phases of this sort of thing. Not anorexia or bulimia so much---it most often involves exercise. They moderate it sooner or later, but it has an effect on them for a while. It is pretty difficult to say much to them...so huge a percentage of people bother with getting enough exercise.

denny5576
Feb 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
First off, Ana's new coach did not help her game at all.

absolutely correct

nelsondan
Feb 14th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Just so I understand:

First off, Ana's new coach did not help her game at all. We cannot tell how the weight loss affects her game, because van Greasy perfectly ruined everything Heinz built. :mad: (that seems clear)

Secondly, her weight loss has nothing do to with "being more in demand". (you know that much about her commercial contacts and contracts--good--I don't.) [/I]:rolleyes: She has a new fitness coach and her weight loss is obviously a result of this. (Did she not have a fitness coach before? Was her new fitness coach hired to help her lose weight? to improve her game?)

Thirdly, are you trying to draw parallels between Ana and Maria? (They are both enormously talented and beautiful, and as you point out, they have both had a string of injuries since winning a major.) Totally different situation, imo.

denny5576
Feb 14th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Just so I understand:
(Did she not have a fitness coach before? Was her new fitness coach hired to help her lose weight? to improve her game?)

Excuse me, but you continue saying things about Ana when it is clear you do not know anything about Ana's fitness coach and her work.
Ana lost weight based on special request of her new fitness coach. And based on proper fitness training of course . The purpose was to increase Ana's speed and it was achieved.

nelsondan
Feb 14th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Excuse me, but you continue saying things about Ana when it is clear you do not know anything about Ana's fitness coach and her work.
Ana lost weight based on special request of her new fitness coach. And based on proper fitness training of course . The purpose was to increase Ana's speed and it was achieved.

I asked questions, the answers to which I did not know, and you answered them. If there is anything else I am guilty of, I apologize and admit that I am wrong.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
What a constructive dialogue, we have hear. ;)

Break My Rapture
Feb 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Due to Maria not being able to defend her 280 points from Memphis last year, Maria is going to drop to #15 (minimally) after this week. We need Pennetta and Bartoli to lose as quickly as possible (also Kanepi, is she still in Dubai tournament?).

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 15th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Oh well, whatever will be will be.

s2crux
Feb 15th, 2011, 10:44 PM
From now to IW she’ll be #17 or 18

s2crux
Feb 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Due to Maria not being able to defend her 280 points from Memphis last year, Maria is going to drop to #15 (minimally) after this week. We need Pennetta and Bartoli to lose as quickly as possible (also Kanepi, is she still in Dubai tournament?).

Yes, kanepi def Dushevina 6-1 6-2

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I just made a decision:

I will not visit GM until Maria and Ana have played Indian Wells & Miami. :o

If anything newsworthy happens in tennis or to players other than Masha, JJ & Ana, please inform me. :)

:wavey:

WTAtennisfan15
Feb 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry, Off topic...but this pic makes me laugh...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qn1vmf.jpg

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:01 PM
:hysteric: You will wish you didn't say this :angel:

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Sorry, Off topic...but this pic makes me laugh...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qn1vmf.jpg

I fail to see the humor, tbh. :shrug:

:hysteric: You will wish you didn't say this :angel:

Me? Nope. Never. ;)

Break My Rapture
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Don't get it either.

WTAtennisfan15
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I didn't write that text...I just found that from somewhere (Vol 1. Interesting Pictures! Captions thread)...they both look pretty!

Mistress of Evil
Feb 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
They are both gorgeous. :inlove:

gc-spurs
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Damn Maria's a babe in that pic!

HCGHolland
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:28 PM
At the Doha site is Maria mentioned as a participant. Yesterday in article..
So do we have a little hope?

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I don't know. I'm pretty confident that she will not be flying across the world to play one tournament after returning to the US from the same place she flew from (which, in this case, is the Middle East).

We haven't been updated at all about how she's doing. I hope she's recovering well. If she is, then I'm pretty sure she's going to play Indian Wells. Who knows? She might rack up an MM along the way (Monterrey?).

HCGHolland
Feb 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I miss her, her drive and the trust that she reach the last four of every tournament

Andy.
Feb 19th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Is Monterrey on Hardcourt? If it is I would love her to play that tournament as a good warm up to IW.

s2crux
Feb 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Is Monterrey on Hardcourt? If it is I would love her to play that tournament as a good warm up to IW.

Yes, Monterry is on hardcourt

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 19th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Matt has confirmed again that Maria is not playing Doha:

TennisReporters (http://twitter.com/#!/TennisReporters) Matt Cronin
As reported here last weekend, Sharapova not in Doha draw. You are welcome. Excellent 28 player draw though. Sveta v Peer, Vika v Dani 1Rs

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Oh well. All I hope is that she's recovering well and swiftly. :)

lylux
Feb 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Upper respiratory viral illness def. Sharapova 3-0 ( Paris, Dubai, Doha)

Main draw Doha 2011

http://www.wtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2011/1003/MDS.pdf

cyannnnn
Feb 19th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Upper respiratory viral illness def. Sharapova 3-0 ( Paris, Dubai, Doha)

Main draw Doha 2011

http://www.wtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2011/1003/MDS.pdf

then she will win indian wells and miami 2-0 :)

lylux
Feb 19th, 2011, 07:16 PM
then she will win indian wells and miami 2-0 :)

I trust that she can do it :bounce:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
rofl :haha:

:tape:

Reptilia
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Hopefully she is back practicing by now. :sad:
she should def play Monterrey.

AllHailImmortal
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Off-topic, I know, But has anyone noticed that since 2007, Maria has only made it past the Round of 16 at a grand slam four times? 2007 Australian Open finals, 2007 French Open semifinals, 2008 Australian Open champion and the QF's of French Open 2009. And has since gone out early in USO 2007, WImbledon 2007, FO 2008, Wimbledon 2008, Wimbledon 09, US Open 09, all the grand slams in 2010 and just recently AO 2011. So that means since 2007, Maria has gone out early in 11 out of the 15 grand slam tournaments and has not made a grand slam semi, I repeat, has not made a grand slam semi since her AUstralian Open win more than three years ago. Pretty unbelievable statisitics.

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:55 AM
^ Pretty sure we're aware of that. :lol: Sometimes I guess people just don't like talking about it. Say no to reality. :sobbing:

AllHailImmortal
Feb 20th, 2011, 05:20 AM
^ Pretty sure we're aware of that. :lol: Sometimes I guess people just don't like talking about it. Say no to reality. :sobbing:

Yup, pretty depressing statistics. I cringe every time I thinl about it and say "Maria, you are so much better than that."

Maria Croft
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I don't think anyone expected her to play Doha, that would have been a bad decision.

WTAtennisfan15
Feb 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Maria will play in Stuttgart! So will Serena and Venus btw ;)

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Oh noes! Now I have to go and buy tickets... :sobbing:

ETA: How do you know? :scratch:

Jack89
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM
The player list is on the stuttgart website:

http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-current_players

If all those players actually play the tournament, then the draw is going to be insane!

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Maria to play Stuttgart :woohoo: I always wanted her to play this tournament.

Oh God, hopefully she'll actually show there :rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Indoor clay is faster than outdoor, so Stuttgart should suit Maria's game better. :p Hoping she does it play it.

WTAtennisfan15
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
IW, Miami, Charleston, Fed Cup Semi-Final (probably) and Stuttgart...Madrid (maybe :D)
Lot's of tennis before RG!

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
IW, Miami, Charleston, Fed Cup Semi-Final (probably) and Stuttgart...Madrid (maybe :D)
Lot's of tennis before RG!

I don't think she plays everything she has on her schedule, though.

Nike Exo
Indian Wells - Miami - Charleston (back to back to back)
*** week off ***
Stuttgart
*** week off ***
Madrid
Rome

That's a whole lotta tennis to play

Also, that Exo against Dulko is on the 16th and Stuttgart begins on the 18th. Considering the time shift between the Bahamas and Germany, I doubt Masha will play both.

Hope she kicks that stupid Exo. :angel:

JamieOwen3
Feb 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
i always wanted maria to play stuttgart also WHEN IT WAS A HARD COURT TOURNAMENT :lol: but it is a faster clay surface so that's good :D

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think she plays everything she has on her schedule, though.

Nike Exo
Indian Wells - Miami - Charleston (back to back to back)
*** week off ***
Stuttgart
*** week off ***
Madrid
Rome

That's a whole lotta tennis to play

Also, that Exo against Dulko is on the 16th and Stuttgart begins on the 18th. Considering the time shift between the Bahamas and Germany, I doubt Masha will play both.

Hope she kicks that stupid Exo. :angel:
I know, it's random and completely useless.

Jovana.
Feb 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM
if someone could tell me that she won't suck completely and lose the first match in Stuttgart I'd be there like NAOW. :D

!VamosRafa!
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Auckland-QF
AO-R4
Paris-withdraw
Dubai-withdraw
Doha-withdraw
Indian Wells-R2
Miami-withdraw
Charleston-withdraw
Stuttgart-withdraw
Rome-withdraw
Madrid-R1
FO-R3
Birmingham-F
Wimbledon-R3
She gets married:sobbing:
Stanford-QF
Cincinnati-QF
Toronto-R3
US Open-R3
Tokyo-R2
Beijing-R1
Moscow-withdraw
Bali-she wont even qualify...but even if she does she will withdraw:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
Maria's 2011 season:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:
Same withdrawals over and over again...:sad:
Mark my words...she will withdraw from Miami,Charleston,Stuttgart and Rome...Maria always puts 18 or more tournaments in her schedule and ends up playing 12-13

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
yep. :lol:

!VamosRafa!
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Maria,please play Monterrey or Kuala Lumpur:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
I am desperate for another title:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

!VamosRafa!
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:43 PM
She could have won so many points this winter,but she withdrew from everything.....again:hysteric:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
If I were asked which one of the clay tournaments would you like to see Maria play and win I would say Stuttgart without even thinking it.

Please Maria play that tournament.:hysteric:

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2011, 04:48 PM
It's not her fault that she has to withdraw so much from tournaments. She can't catch a break. :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 21st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Maria,please play Monterrey or Kuala Lumpur:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
I am desperate for another title:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
Mexico, right now is a battle field, so she better not.:) Plus its just a MM no point in rushing after a sickness for such an event. ;)

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
Serena has had to withdraw from the Nike exho, Vika is set to replace her.

cyannnnn
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Serena has had to withdraw from the Nike exho, Vika is set to replace her.

they don't say in the past it will be Li na???

cyannnnn
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:44 PM
i make a dream or in the past. they say something like. they will make video with sony ericsson wta player life between tournament???

madmax
Feb 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
so is Maria intending to play in that Nike Exho or not?

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 21st, 2011, 08:18 PM
i make a dream or in the past. they say something like. they will make video with sony ericsson wta player life between tournament???

They want to, but it most likely will not include Masha, as they said they were gonna feature "up and coming" players. :)

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
It's not her fault that she has to withdraw so much from tournaments. She can't catch a break. :shrug:

Well playing in a stupid exho is her fault right :shrug:

Maria Croft
Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM

What does that have to do with anything?

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome tennis day today! :cheer:

Nole def. Fed 6/3 6/3 :bowdown:

Vera def. Woz 6/4 6/4 :bounce:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 26th, 2011, 05:33 PM
:yeah:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Feb 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Maybe she wants some match practice after all these withdrawals? I know it's an exhibition but Maria has always taken exhibition matches so seriously that she wins most of the time while her opponents are just playing for the show. :lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 27th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Maybe she wants some match practice after all these withdrawals? I know it's an exhibition but Maria has always taken exhibition matches so seriously that she wins most of the time while her opponents are just playing for the show. :lol:

Yeah but my points was that if she wants to play Tennis she should dump all these Exho's and focus on playing real tournaments :). She is playing against Gisela Dulko :help:.

She should find that desire for Tennis and not let it burn much more than it is now :).

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM

:sobbing::hysteric: for the first one.
:bigclap::bowdown: for the second one.

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
What does that have to do with anything?

Pieter talked about making choices and its not her fault she will not play the tournaments she announced because of the disease:shrug: And I think thats correct. But when coming at the Exho match that will occur its completely her fault if she ends up tired there and doesn't do well in Indian Wells :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Feb 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Pieter talked about making choices and its not her fault she will not play the tournaments she announced because of the disease:shrug: And I think thats correct. But when coming at the Exho match that will occur its completely her fault if she ends up tired there and doesn't do well in Indian Wells :shrug:
If she's completely healthy and fine after the virus, then I don't see why that small bit of match practice would hurt her. It's just one match she's playing.

Nina.
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:30 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/Wyna123/juliadance.gif

Shivank17
Feb 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
:sobbing::hysteric: for the first one.
:bigclap::bowdown: for the second one.

Same here. :/
Djokovic def. Roger the God 6-3 6-3. :sobbing: :sobbing: :fiery:
Boom Boom Zvonareva def. Pushoniacki 6-4 6-4 :worship::cheer::rocker::rocker2::bigclap:

Well,hopefully JMDP wins Delray Beach. :) :D

JamieOwen3
Feb 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
woz acted like a spoiled brat at times!!!!!!!! that match clearly showed what will happen to her in the future! TOO MUCH TENNIS. she plays too much and it showed yesterday.

Break My Rapture
Feb 27th, 2011, 02:34 PM
woz acted like a spoiled brat at times!!!!!!!! that match clearly showed what will happen to her in the future! TOO MUCH TENNIS. she plays too much and it showed yesterday.
She always acts like that when she's losing. I find "sunshine" a totally misplaced nickname for her. :lol:

JamieOwen3
Mar 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
who's opening the indian wells and miami threads?

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
who's opening the indian wells and miami threads?

Well Sehrene has Miami, it will be her first thread around SS so she should do it :shrug:.

And Indian Wells I have no Idea :)

JamieOwen3
Mar 1st, 2011, 08:16 PM
ok thnx i just wanted to know :)

s_j
Mar 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Well Sehrene has Miami, it will be her first thread around SS so she should do it :shrug:.

Oooh I've never opened a thread here for a tournament... Can I do it? :)

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 1st, 2011, 10:24 PM
Oooh I've never opened a thread here for a tournament... Can I do it? :)

Oh god why are you asking permission from me about this :sobbing:.

If you feel like opening it open it :)

Sharapovian
Mar 2nd, 2011, 01:19 PM

Well I did say I would like to, but whether I should or will get to - I don't know :shrug: