PDA

View Full Version : WWW Fed Cup Europe/Africa Zone (Pool D): Netherlands, Hungary, Romania, Latvia

Caipirinha Guy
Jan 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1445/eilatfed3.jpg

Host Nation: Israel
City: Eilat
Venue: Municipal Tennis Club
Surface: Outdoor Hard

Netherlands
Arantxa Rus
Michaella Krajicek
Kiki Bertens
Richel Hogenkamp

Hungary
Greta Arn
Timea Babos
Reka-Luca Jani
Katalin Marosi

Romania
Alexandra Dulgheru
Monica Niculescu
Sorana Cirstea
Cristina Dinu

Latvia
Anastasija Sevastova
Liga Dekmeijere
Lina Lileikite
Irina Kuzmina

Landon92
Jan 30th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Romania, and it's not even close.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 30th, 2011, 01:23 PM
With Szavay playing for Hungary, Hungary would have had a modest chance against Romania. But without her out I really can't see a way that Romania can lose this. What's more...I don't want to. :)

Scola
Jan 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Arantxa played well in Melbourne and with Misa Krajicek, Netherlands have strongest singles players right now. I think they will surprise everyone.

Jose.
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I think it will be between Hungary and Romania. If Greta plays like in Auckland, Hungary has a shot...

Gregorio87
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Arantxa played well in Melbourne and with Misa Krajicek, Netherlands have strongest singles players right now. I think they will surprise everyone.

I agree that Rus can upset Dulgheru, but please Krajicek ... But it's certain that without Agi even Netherlands is a serious threat for us :(

There's alway this typo with Jani, she is Reka-Luca Jani

He is Luka:

http://sherry.fan.online.fr/er-pics/goran01.jpg

She is Luca:

http://www.telesport.hu/Hirek/2009/06/~/media/News/Sport/Hirek/2009/06/30/13/Jani%20R.jpg.ashx

Or Levy
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Caro and Vika already on the plane.

I hope they'll have a good time. I hope the weather will be good. It rains in Eilat exactly once in three years or so, and we've had such a dry winter, but they foresee a possibility of rain mid week. Unfreakinbelievable.

Curcubeu
Jan 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'm of course for my Romanian girls! :cheer:
Honestly, it's time for them to advance to the world group with 5 players among the Top 100...

And Alex, please win a single match! :unsure:

Slutiana
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I think Latvia have a good chance too, since Dekmeijere is a good doubles player and Sevastova should win all her matches.

Endru.
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I think Latvia have a good chance too, since Dekmeijere is a good doubles player and Sevastova should win all her matches.

this.

Go Latvia, Go Latvia! :cheer: :dance:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Actually all teams in this group have pretty decent number 1s. But Romania's edge is in their number 2 selections where they can chose between two top 100 players. Krajicek has a lot of experience but she hasn't beaten a player ranked above 100 since April last year. Babos looks like she has a great future but this will be a different level for her and Dekmeijere probably won't win a match in singles.

And then in doubles, I really don't see Romania losing a match at all.

A Magicman
Jan 31st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Go for it, Greta. Get some more scalps of girls from the Top50 :rocker2:

Eilat. Oh well. I hated this place, but I've been there in August and it was way too hot. Maybe it's a great place to be in winter.

Daszmarelli
Jan 31st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Go, Holland!

Kristoffer
Feb 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Hungarian team captain (Keller) said that Arn and Babos will play singles against Latvia, and he said that Sevastova is not there....? how come?

Uranium
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Romania I see coming through here.

ValTsunami
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Order of play???

A Magicman
Feb 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hungarian team captain (Keller) said that Arn and Babos will play singles against Latvia, and he said that Sevastova is not there....? how come?

Shit, I was betting with my collegue who was really impressed with Sevastova in Melbourne. I said that Greta will kill her in 2 and he just laughed.

Uranium
Feb 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Day 1 results:

Netherlands def. Romania:speakles: 3-0
Krajicek def. Niculescu 6-3 6-1
Rus def. Dulgheru 6-4 6-3
Bertens/Hogenkamp def. Dulgheru/Niculescu 7-6(6) 3-6 7-5

Hungary def. Latvia 3-0
Babos def. Kuzmina 6-3 6-4
Arn def. Dekmeijere 6-3 6-0
Babos/Jani def. Dekmeijere/Kuzmina 6-4 6-3

Daszmarelli