PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Maria's reaction to New Zealand/stalker thing ?

LightWarrior
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Q. Just a question on behalf of New Zealand. I know there were a few dramas earlier in the week or funny things. I just wanted you to confirm that there was no problems in New Zealand, that you had a good time there, because it's very important for our tourism. Did you have a good time?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: You couldn't even say that with a straight face.

Q. I was trying.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know you did. Got to try harder. Which problems?

Q. Just the talk about stalking and that sort of thing.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I think that just got a little carried away with people reading the transcript and not showing up to the press conference.

Q. So New Zealand was a great experience?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Does it go back to the tourism? What are we trying to prove here? Do I get a free boat ride next year if I say the right answer?

Q. Helicopter maybe.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't know. That's a little shady.

sarddenso
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:44 AM
You definitely lose a lot with transcripts in terms of how things are said and the delivery.

The whole Kim Clisjters Todd Woodbridge thing was misinterpreted by lots of people because they just read a transcript and didn't see the video.

I still haven't seen any videos of the stalker comment so have no idea how Sharapova said it.

fouc
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
I like her reaction :lol:

LightWarrior
Jan 22nd, 2011, 01:23 AM
You definitely lose a lot with transcripts in terms of how things are said and the delivery.

The whole Kim Clisjters Todd Woodbridge thing was misinterpreted by lots of people because they just read a transcript and didn't see the video.

I still haven't seen any videos of the stalker comment so have no idea how Sharapova said it.

The Kim/Woodbridge feud was funny, even in transcript. THIS is surreal.

Renalicious
Jan 22nd, 2011, 03:18 AM
If you saw the video the reaction was actually pretty normal...

Slutiana
Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Alwaysfails. :lol: It's the same guy who has been showing up in all of Maria's pressers and making jokes. They're just engaging in a little banter, nothing more.

I think Maria isn't given enough credit for how witty and dry her humour can be.

Fool
Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I know you did. Got to try harder. :lol: :lol: