PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Subscribers: So, Uhm, Does Anyone Miss Mary Carillo?

SelesFan70
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I'm glad the petulant, blathering, pseudo-intellectual got canned! :D

LoveFifteen
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I'm glad she's gone, but I don't want them to fire Chris Fowler. I want them to can Dick Enberg and Cliff Drysdale before anyone else.

SelesFan70
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:28 AM
I'm glad she's gone, but I don't want them to fire Chris Fowler. I want them to can Dick Enberg and Cliff Drysdale before anyone else.

Fair enough! :D

brickhousesupporter
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:31 AM
I'm glad the petulant, blathering, pseudo-intellectual got canned! :D
....Who?

UncleZeke
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Dick Enberg has gotta go.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Where's the option for HELL F*CKING NO?

edificio
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Fire Gossipy Chris Fowler and Ted Robinson next!

it-girl
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Where's the option for HELL F*CKING NO?This:lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM

I want all three of them gone. I can only stomach Pam, Mary Jo, Brad, and sometimes Patrick

darrinbaker00
Jan 19th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Dick Enberg has gotta go.

Why?

Serena y Monica
Jan 19th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Brad...he's barely able to construct a sentence. I just wish i could mute all of them but still hear the sounds of the match... O and I couldn't be happier that Mary is gone. Now if only they'd can her at NBC and CBS...

Rome
Jan 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM

I agree with this.

young_gunner913
Jan 19th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I want all three of them gone. I can only stomach Pam, Mary Jo, Brad, and sometimes Patrick

Brad? Really? He's always kissing Andy Murray's ass. He's like a ex-girlfriend who can't get over the fact she's been dumped and talks like she's still in a relationship.

LoveFifteen
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM

I like Pam, MJF, Brad, Darren Cahill, and Fowler. I don't really care for Patrick. But the only commentator who is truly worthless is Dick Enberg. The man literally says nothing of value. Ever. They keep him around for the same reason Bud Collins still has work somewhere .... out of guilt and embarrassment. It's a shame when old people just don't know when to leave gracefully.

Rome
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
All of the Commentators are bias I feel one or another it really needs to stop.

darrinbaker00
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I like Pam, MJF, Brad, Darren Cahill, and Fowler. I don't really care for Patrick. But the only commentator who is truly worthless is Dick Enberg. The man literally says nothing of value. Ever. They keep him around for the same reason Bud Collins still has work somewhere .... out of guilt and embarrassment. It's a shame when old people just don't know when to leave gracefully.

It's an even bigger shame when young people show no respect to their elders.

Alejandrawrrr
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I'm not losing sleep over her departure, nor am I jumping for joy :shrug:

Also, who's the guy with the funny accent? Drysdale? Nobody better talk about firing him! :mad:

harloo
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Mary had to go. She was beyond annoying. ESPN should get rid of Dick Enberg next.

Super Dave
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Who's the "other" guy who opened the broadcast with Pam sitting next to him? Not Fowler...

is1531
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM

Plenty of hatred from you. Drysdale is as fair as it gets. Enberg should stick to other sports.

Super Dave
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Plenty of hatred from you. Drysdale is as fair as it gets. Enberg should stick to other sports.

I still think it's weird he does San Diego Padres baseball now. I can't hate on him; he went to my alma mater :angel:. He's getting up there, though.

tonybotz
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:29 PM
mary was a breath of fresh air compared to Patrick McEnroe who does nothing but kiss Any Roddick's ass or Mary Joe whose husband is IMG and represents half the players she's supposed to be commentating on. the tennis world is so incestuous - she was like an outsider with a real opinion. the rest are just there to tell us how good their client's are.

mykarma
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Where's the option for HELL F*CKING NO?

this

AcesHigh
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM
mary was a breath of fresh air compared to Patrick McEnroe who does nothing but kiss Any Roddick's ass or Mary Joe whose husband is IMG and represents half the players she's supposed to be commentating on. the tennis world is so incestuous - she was like an outsider with a real opinion. the rest are just there to tell us how good their client's are.

For once I agree. With Carillo gone, there is no one there that I can stand except Pam and it seems like a lot of times, she has to bite her tongue.