PDA

View Full Version : AO R2: Justine Henin d. Elena Baltacha 61 63

Ellery
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Juju Heng :kiss:

Miss Amor
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Justine's returning in that first set was really good. The first set was one of the better sets she has played since her comeback (but then again, it was against a player like Baltacha who barely has any movement or court sense).

shap_half
FH remains shaky, but that 2nd serve looks really good.

flareon
Well played Justine
Baltacha keep going for next tourney second set she did fight a bit. Had break points in last game just to many UE. But Baly will get some good wins this year.

RenaSlam.
Keep it going, Enna.

Marionated
Eh could have been worse scoreline wise, I suppose. Not much to say for Bally, just like against Safina last year. The lob she hit to hold for 3-3 was beautiful.

Impressive from Justine.

saul1333
Good stuff Justine..first set was great..

Sean.
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Much better from Justine! :yeah:

GL vs. Sveta.

shap_half
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:18 AM
56% 1st Serves
7 Aces
3 DFs
22 Winners
17 UE

Pretty good. She didn't get broken.

Her FH returns were really badly-timed throughout the match. The BH however very strong.

DragonFlame
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Meehh nothing special. For some reason there´s a very wierd feel around justine in this tournament... She just doesn't look good, the moment she tries to do something extra, or be creative, she fails. Also was looking at the elbow a few times.

I dunno, the feeling just isn't there, maybe its me... :shrug:

Martian KC
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:21 AM
27 winners! Definitely better than last round! :worship:

scandic78
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Justine played pretty good but overall Bally looked out of her depth and didn't have the ability to mix it up. Her movement looked terrible, too mahy short balls and UE's.

edificio
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Justine was definitely fussing with her arm. I don't know what that will mean for her. BUT she played this match very straightforward and tidily. No fuss, no muss. Seems ideal.

Petkorazzi
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Baltacha's a really good player, but her movement..... :hysteric: Her game shouts hardwork to me, she really doesn't have that much talent.

V-MAC
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Elena never really "settled" into the match. Some really disappointing play from her in that 1st set where she was going for brainless shots but at least she put up better resistance in the 2nd set. I hope she has a good season:)

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Well done Ju. You'd better not lose before the QF. :shout:

Xandria
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Justine just gave a lesson to baltacha, after the she said that she will SHOCK henin.. hahaha

young_gunner913
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Suprised Baltacha got that many games.

treufreund
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Justine just gave a lesson to baltacha, after the she said that she will SHOCK henin.. hahaha

I don't like her attitude on the court. Not a likeable girl. You're no match at all for justine or most top girls. Get real. Well done, Ju!

Marionated
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:34 AM

Erm source please.

doooma6816
Congrtas Ju! :) :worship:

Next will be tougher, good luck!

auntie janie
I don't like her attitude on the court. Not a likeable girl. You're no match at all for justine or most top girls. Get real. Well done, Ju!

:confused: I like her. She was just trying to win. I liked the way she fought back in the 2nd set after being blown out of the water in the first. Of course she's no match for the top players; that's why she's not a top player. ;) But she does belong in the top 100, and that's pretty good for Bally after all the serious health problems she's been through. Not a bad showing at all, and I hope she has a good season.

Meanwhile, JH! Nicely played. :hearts:

Xandria
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:36 AM

hahaha i heard she fistpumped henin near the net, and justine immediately shouted allez after an ACE.. she thought that she can intimidate henin..

Mightymirza
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:36 AM
This was a very goo dperformance from Ju.. :yeah: I hope she can keep it up because the next rounds are only going to get tougher.. :tape:

Xandria
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Erm source please.

Baltacha: I can shock Henin
Tuesday, 18th January 2011
TENNIS
TOM CLARKE
BRITISH No1 Elena Baltacha is convinced she can produce a major upset in the second round of the Australian Open when she faces former world No1 Justine Henin.

Baltacha, 27, yesterday secured progress at the first grand slam of the year with victory over American qualifier Jamie Hampton 3-6, 6-4, 7-5.

It was a day of success for the Brits down under as Anne Keothavong also made round two with a straight sets win over Russian Arina Rodionova.

Baltacha’s clash with seven-time major winner Henin will be a big test for the Scot but the world No55 believes she can spring a surprise.

“I’ve got to believe that I’ve got a chance because otherwise there’s no point playing,” Baltacha said.

“On the match day, I’m going to go out and I’m going to fire. I’ve got nothing to lose at all.”

Baltacha, who reached the third round in last year’s tournament, will be encouraged by Henin’s struggles in her first round match with India’s Sania Mirza. Henin, 28, lost the first set but battled back to seal a 5-7, 6-3, 6-1 win.

Baltacha did have problems of her own, losing the first set to Hampton, who is ranked 77 places below her. “She came out firing, it was just ridiculous” Baltacha added.

Keothavong’s progress was sealed in slightly more comfortable fashion with a 7-5, 6-4 win. She will now face 30th seed Andrea Petkovic in the second round.

The British No2 admitted to feeling tense against Radionova and knows she must play more freely in order to make the third round.

“If I don’t hit out against Andrea Petkovic I’ve got no chance.” Keothavong said. “I feel like I’m moving well. I just want to go out there and give it the best I’ve got.”

Both Brits will certainly need to be at their but it is Baltacha with the toughest challenge in round two. Henin won the Australian Open in 2004 and was a losing finalist in last year’s competition, so this match presents Baltacha with a chance to record one of the biggest victories of her career so far.

Marionated
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Baltacha: I can shock Henin
Tuesday, 18th January 2011
TENNIS
TOM CLARKE
BRITISH No1 Elena Baltacha is convinced she can produce a major upset in the second round of the Australian Open when she faces former world No1 Justine Henin.

Baltacha, 27, yesterday secured progress at the first grand slam of the year with victory over American qualifier Jamie Hampton 3-6, 6-4, 7-5.

It was a day of success for the Brits down under as Anne Keothavong also made round two with a straight sets win over Russian Arina Rodionova.

Baltacha’s clash with seven-time major winner Henin will be a big test for the Scot but the world No55 believes she can spring a surprise.

“I’ve got to believe that I’ve got a chance because otherwise there’s no point playing,” Baltacha said.

“On the match day, I’m going to go out and I’m going to fire. I’ve got nothing to lose at all.”

Baltacha, who reached the third round in last year’s tournament, will be encouraged by Henin’s struggles in her first round match with India’s Sania Mirza. Henin, 28, lost the first set but battled back to seal a 5-7, 6-3, 6-1 win.

Baltacha did have problems of her own, losing the first set to Hampton, who is ranked 77 places below her. “She came out firing, it was just ridiculous” Baltacha added.

Keothavong’s progress was sealed in slightly more comfortable fashion with a 7-5, 6-4 win. She will now face 30th seed Andrea Petkovic in the second round.

The British No2 admitted to feeling tense against Radionova and knows she must play more freely in order to make the third round.

“If I don’t hit out against Andrea Petkovic I’ve got no chance.” Keothavong said. “I feel like I’m moving well. I just want to go out there and give it the best I’ve got.”

Both Brits will certainly need to be at their but it is Baltacha with the toughest challenge in round two. Henin won the Australian Open in 2004 and was a losing finalist in last year’s competition, so this match presents Baltacha with a chance to record one of the biggest victories of her career so far.

There's nothing wrong with what she said.

Stop trying to cause trouble :rolleyes:

Xandria
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with what she said.

Stop trying to cause trouble :rolleyes:

i never said that there is something wrong... im just saying that justine just had a reply for this news... oh well..

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Go Ju!:cheer:

Marionated
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:45 AM
i never said that there is something wrong... im just saying that justine just had a reply for this news... oh well..

You were trying to make it out as if Bally said she was going to win. She never said she was going to "shock" Justine, she said she had to believe she could win, which is a good thing.

What was she supposed to say?: "I have no chance, I'll just try to win as many games as possible :rolleyes:

makirilenko
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Anything other than a Kim vs Justine final will be a major disappointment at this point.

Xandria
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:46 AM
You were trying to make it out as if Bally said she was going to win. She never said she was going to "shock" Justine, she said she had to believe she could win, which is a good thing.

What was she supposed to say?: "I have no chance, I'll just try to win as many games as possible :rolleyes:

ok. fine..:wavey:

Conor
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Considering this is her first proper tournament back, and the dodgy elbow, I was impressed with Justine today. Backhand was strong, serve was a lot better than usual... That and she didn't even break a sweat. I thought her footwork and movement towards the forehand side looked a bit sluggish, but she'll sharpen up as the tourament goes on. Can definitely go up a few more gears.

Hurley
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:54 AM
No reason yelling at anyone about "shock" except for the tard who wrote the headline.

Vikapower
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Easy. :worship:

Spring Pools
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Great job Justine! I got a little sad when I saw the AO R2 Justine Henin d Elena
preview in the main page

DragonFlame
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I got a little sad when I saw the AO R2 Justine Henin d Elena

:sobbing:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:28 AM
:sobbing:

:hug: Come come now... don't cry... she should have won FO or USO 2004...

Craig.
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:44 AM

You say don't cry and you bring up two of Elena's slam losses? :weirdo:

Randy H
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Bally :hug: Was hoping she'd make it a bit more competitive but at least she's started off the season with some wins :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:02 AM
You say don't cry and you bring up two of Elena's slam losses? :weirdo:

I said she should have won.

sammy01
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:02 AM
2 down 4 to go to the final, still back henin to make it out of this half

Kitten63
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Good win Justine :cheer:

Craig.
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I said she should have won.

My point is...how is saying she should have won those matches supposed to make DragonFlame feel better? :lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:29 AM
My point is...how is saying she should have won those matches supposed to make DragonFlame feel better? :lol:

Well, at least it gives some comfort to him/her that she almost got the Slam :p

Geertvg
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Ha, looking better :D

Nico_E
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Even though i'm a Brit i dont mind this, i find Baltacha quite irritating and she has a high opinion of herself for such a mediocre career, seems to think she is some target for top woman

pretty sure they dont know or care enough about you Love:lol:

*Jean*
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Bally :sad: couldn't do much better

Sharapovian
Jan 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Really couldn't see Justine losing this.

Bally :hug:

Claycourter
Jan 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Expected demolition. Baltacha is another zero movement mug who doesn't pose threat to great heroine Justine. I expect Justine to improve her ownage of Sveta on thursday.

AnywhereButHome
Jan 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Expected.Routine win for Henin!

Mistress of Evil
Jan 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Henin :yeah:

MBM
Jan 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Awwww poor Bally :P

AnDrEi.b
Jan 19th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Expected

Beat
Jan 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM

so obviously she didn't say "i can shock henin" at all. stupid title of the article.

BlueTrees
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Routine win for Henin..this match was never going to be a problem for her ;)

Freshi
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:00 PM
was watching before

Nico_E
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
at least big head Bally gave herself "10 out of 10 for the effort"

typical of her, will find a way to praise herself over nothing really lol

debby
Jan 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
at least big head Bally gave herself "10 out of 10 for the effort"

typical of her, will find a way to praise herself over nothing really lol

for real? :spit:

what i would call a 10 out of 10 for the effort against a living legend is what simon managed to do today , so gutted he lost :sobbing: :bigcry: why :sad: :sad:

Super Dave
Jan 19th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Bally looked like a bundle of nerves. Never a question. Henin looked very good, the sick backhand was working. Not sure what's up with the arm.

#kArLoS#
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Justine :yeah:.Much better than the Mirza match

Now Sveta,a real test :scared:

Tennis Ball
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Ju, loving having you back! You're one of a kind!

:worship: :worship: :bounce:

Joe.
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Disappointed because Bally can play so much better than this.:( Could have been a worse scoreline though.

DragonFlame
Jan 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Well, at least it gives some comfort to him/her that she almost got the Slam :p

Aww, thx for caring guys. :awww: I hope our other faves may play for many more years! Losing elena was devastating in my mind, she really is irreplaceable. I will continue to miss her for many more years, but what's important is that she's happy. (and makes some little elenaD's to put on the tour. :tape:)

Hugs to you! :hug: