PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find the flag annoying?

Shafanovic.
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Does anyone else find the Australian flag next to the Aussie player's names on the scoreboard a bit over the top?

I mean, they talk about the players like they're top dog, and we'd know if they were Australian because they say it every 5 seconds and talks about them like they're world number 1s and can't do anything wrong...

Is it just me that finds it a little :o

Jajaloo
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Its tooo much. Thank goodness they'll all be gone by friday. Except for maybe Stosur.

Mike_T
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone else? ...find thread starters, who deliberately use non-specific thread titles (so you have to click the thread to discover the subject), do you find those particular thread starters, are nearly always attention seeking morons (and/or very low IQ)?

Shafanovic.
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:27 PM
...find thread starters, who deliberately use non-specific thread titles (so you have to click the thread to discover the subject), do you find those particular thread starters, are nearly always attention seeking morons (and/or very low IQ)?

Is that better? :rolleyes:

Mikey.
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Its tooo much. Thank goodness they'll all be gone by friday. Except for maybe Stosur.

Or even the next day or too. And THANK GOD! I don't want a match of the Ferguson-Martic calibre to be on my TV again, hogging coverage, when something much much better could have been shown.

Oh and another thing: Pleased Hewitt was knocked out early. Now we don't have to hear our commentators bumming him every chance they get. He's a has been... Can we stop believing he can actually do anything anymore?! The less time he is in a tournament (especially the AO) the better. It means more TV coverage for someone else who may actually have a chance to win and it gives a chance for other players to have a go on Rod Laver Area. So I'm definitely glad he's gone.

austennisfan
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:33 PM
what are the odds tho, that they will put molik and tomic on RLA. its a joke that dokic v strycova is on RLA tonight.

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:45 PM
what are the odds tho, that they will put molik and tomic on RLA. its a joke that dokic v strycova is on RLA tonight.

Tomic not so much. Especially as F. Lopez can be very entertaining, and he'll probably whoop Tomic's ass. :devil:

The 2nd Law
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I find it offensive, and I'm Australian :lol: I'm all for supporting our players, but we all know who's Australian, I certainly don't need the flag there to tell me Hewitt's an aussie :lol:

tennisforadults
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM

Not at all. I bought my RLA tickets months in advance and I am SO FUCKING HAPPY they're putting Jelena on centre court tonight.

RLA often gets the mix right - male/female, aussie/international. Tonight we warm up with the only Aussie playing today and finish with Fed vs Simon. Great line-up... can't ask for more.

If you want to see international stars, go to Hisense. Or watch Fox Sports 2.

austennisfan
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:35 AM
I think fair enough if dokic is playing a big name player but she isn't and she will probably lose tonight's match in straight sets. I just find it annoying when I work through the day and then come home and the only match on is a player past her prime versing Strycova, who while in good form, will not be a challenger for the title.

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:38 AM
I live in Australia and i am an Australian citizen but i found it offensive, fair enough their supporting the Aussies here, but it doesn't set a good example just to have their flag shown and nobody else (its not ethically or morally correct to separate people on the basis of Geography, if your going to put the flags just for the Aussies, do it for everyone else also).

austennisfan
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:41 AM
channel seven would probably use the wrong flags for some countries though. Channel seven seems to always assume their audience is mentally challenged, like we don't know by now that Hewitt, Stosur etc. are Australian.

goat
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Is it only Australian TV? I am watching on the internet.

P.S, Australian sport patrionism is slightly annoying, especially when the majority are not talented.

austennisfan
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:49 AM
yeh its only on channel seven, the australian broadcaster that I know of.

Sp!ffy
Jan 19th, 2011, 03:54 AM
...find thread starters, who deliberately use non-specific thread titles (so you have to click the thread to discover the subject), do you find those particular thread starters, are nearly always attention seeking morons (and/or very low IQ)?

Quit yo bitching.

tennisforadults
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Is it only Australian TV? I am watching on the internet.

P.S, Australian sport patrionism is slightly annoying, especially when the majority are not talented.

Australia is good at many other sport besides tennis. Don't you think your brush is a tad too broad?

And what's wrong with supporting your own even if they are not world-beaters or rare talents? You are suggesting that we should just be quiet and sulk in the corner when we see our nervous juniors play?

King Halep
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:48 AM

Its not a joke. A lot of people want to watch her. I know I do.

SelesFan70
Jan 19th, 2011, 04:55 AM
:rolleyes: