PDA

View Full Version : AO R1: [26] MJMS def. Great Granaten Greta 6-3, 4-6, 6-2

A Magicman
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM
:sad:

The dream run eventually came to an end.

Now go on to South America and collect some more points. :kiss:

Sally Todd
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:58 AM
:sad:

The dream run eventually came to an end.

Now go on to South America and collect some more points. :kiss:

:hug: Magicman

Greta deserved better than to get Pepa sprayed in the first round. Rough draw.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Phew. As a fan of MJMS this was a draw that left me very uneasy. Arn showed how good she can be in Auckland and I knew Maria Jose would have to play very well indeed to get past her. Thankfully it appears she did. I'm especially delighted that Pepa was able to raise her game in the 3rd set breaking twice, winning the last 4 games and dropping only 2 points on serve during the entire set. This is very good sign she is back at top fitness. Having got past Arn, I'm pretty confident she can now get past Cornet. Then in all likelihood we will have a 3rd round match against Clijsters. While I certainly wouldn't expect Pepa to win that I hope this is a match she can give a good account of herself and demostrate what a fine unique talent she is.

Commiserations to Arn, who rightly won alot of new admiration, respect and support from many tennis fans from all over the world, myself included, as the result of her great Auckland run.

Lennval
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM
amazing pepa :worship: :hearts:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:29 AM
MJMS :cheer:

Smitten
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Ugh. This was such a winnable match for her against one of the weaker seeds.

Steadyniacki
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
MJMS :)
Great Greta :hug:

MBM
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Ah well, shame for Greta. Would have been nice to see her go a round or two in. At least it was competitive

Blu€
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Mariajo :D, was a bit scared about this one. Well done :yeah:

silvamarius
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Aww Greta. I was hoping to reach the 3rd round. :( But this is not a disaster. Fight at the Fed Cup, and then a good luck in Bogota then Acapulco. :wavey:

propi
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Congrats Mariajo, I honestly was scared to death by her unlucky draw, first round vs. an in form player is never good.
Now Cornet, let's hope she can win that match too and if possible in two sets, she will need all the strenghts in this world in case she faces Kim :help:
Congrats to Arn too, this result shouldn't hide her nice Aussie season and encourage her for the rest of the year.... oldies rock :yeah:

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
MJMS:worship::worship:

Sharapovian
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
MJMS :yeah:

Ellery
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
MJMS :yeah:

Greta :hug:

danieln1
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:06 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This day was the worst day ever for me in Melbourne, now Granaten Greta lost against the spaniard... just sad

C.MARTINEZ
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hard match for the first round, but MJMS won!!!!

congrats!!