PDA

View Full Version : AO 1R: Ayumi Morita d WARSAW-GOAT Alex Dulgheru 64 64

NA-GOAT
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:33 AM
oh Alex, you will always have Warsaw ... but wait, you won't starting this year :spit:

Ayumi :worship:

Singleniacki
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Alex :o
3 bad losses to start the year :sad:

goat
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:35 AM
WOOOO AYUMI! Soon to be no. 1 Japanese

pcrtennis
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Dulgheru wasn't playing well but i've never seen Morita play so solidly...she was hitting the ball really hard and not making many errors.

goat
PS, Morita not Morida.

RobM88
I thought Alexandra was "the best player I've never heard of" ... Hmmmm... gotta love that Wertheim!

Michael.
:inlove:

juki
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Its so weird to see Ayumi playing with confidence :lol: Well done :yeah:
Alex :shrug:

Daniel K
Finally a good win for Morita. Hopefully this is the year she breaks through. She has the groundstrokes to be ranked higher, just not the brain.

NA-GOAT
I thought Alexandra was "the best player I've never heard of" ... Hmmmm... gotta love that Wertheim!

:eek: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

what did he see in her game :confused:

Chakvenus
Ayumi :woohoo:

Pasta-Na
morita. :eek:

Kai
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:38 AM
great match Ayumi :yeah:

Josh.
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Ayumi :yeah:

oaki
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Wow Morita :eek: I didn't really expecting this. Well played, you really hit it hard and made only a few errors, I am sure this will not be your only great win. It's time for the breakthrough.:bounce::bounce:

Good luck next round!!!!

Setsuna.
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Alex is useless on Hard.

Noctis
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Sakura Flower :cheer:

Mistress of Evil
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
OK, you are not good on hard, but please losing to Morita. :spit:

drgray
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:51 AM
:woohoo:
woohoo

AnDrEi.b
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Oh no Alex :sad:

Raz0r
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Ayumi :)

Derek.
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Awesome win, Ayumi. :banana:

RND
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Seems to be a solid play! :yeah: Keep it going Ayumi. One of the best slam wins in your career! :D :D :D

Beat
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
horrendous loss for dulgheru - but well played by morita :yeah:

MBM
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Thought this would be three sets, but always thought Ayumi would win it, congrats to her

Hayato
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Well done Ayumi :yeah: Some very nice hitting from what I saw. Finally playing well at WTA level. :hearts:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I expected Alex to win this match but from what I saw of it she just did not play at all well enough and Ayumi did play pretty well. Ayumi is a decent player but relatively speaking it wasn't a bad draw and if Alex can't win a match like this then she didn't deserve to be in the 2nd round.

Well done Ayumi :yeah:

Alex, just put this behind you and be ready for your next event ;)

lilygotsilly
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Is Dulgheru fit? She had all kinds of leg problems at the end of last year. I didnt get to see much of the match and didnt notice any blatant inj but her timing and rhythm are definitely off. and its not her first match back

Curcubeu
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
She had to skip the start of the Us Open series last year because of bilateral knee problems, but at the US Open itself she played well and lost in a close second set against Zvonareva.

Since then, she had a bad week at Tashkent, almost losing against Bychkova.. :o and after that only two wins against Makarova and Strycova for the rest of the season. The only thing I know is that she also had to withdraw from Linz, but nothing official concerning the reason. Maybe it has to do something with her legs, but I assumed it was because of tiredness after a long season with many long matches. :shrug:

I saw the first minutes of the match yesterday and nothing strange to see there. She even led with one break. Then the stream went off and her serving stats broke down. I don't know what it was, but the more I'm thinking about that, the more it seems to me that she maybe has sometimes muscular problems. In Brisbane she also had a good start against Petkovic and after six games, she totally lost control over the match.. :shrug:

We will see if there is something hindering her from good matches!

lilygotsilly
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Curcubeu,
You my man for Romanian tennis! Thanks! :)

I saw the ending and i usually watch to see if its fitness, injury , mental or just rustiness and lack of timing. With Alex I didnt see that it was something so simple as timing and she's had some matches already. And she didnt look fatigued at all.

It could be mental - the long layoff and she's not back in the grove yet. But now that you tell me how she's folding down the stretch Im thinking there is something still physical though probably not too serious. She seemed like she wasnt free and loose so we will see. certainly the knees arent something to fool around with and they can effect everything from movement to shot placement to power on serve and groundstrokes

Curcubeu
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Last year it was the same at the beginning of the season, but since she first played on clay, the results suddenly improved tons!

I also think that she is maybe a feel-good-player. I don't know we will see! :shrug:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
morita :hearts: convincing victory