PDA

View Full Version : AO R1: Agnieszka Radwanska [12] defeats Kimiko Date-Krumm 6-4 4-6 7-5

saul1333
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Comeback from 1-4* down in the 3rd. Took a MTO for her back :scared:

The broken racket :haha:

Kworb
Chokimiko up *4-1 in the final set. Cheatszka takes a 10 minute injury timeout. Chokimiko collapses.

Vartan
:o

Mikey.
:weirdo: Kimiko

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:49 AM
what a fake timeout :rolleyes:

Hayato
How did that just happen? :sad: :hysteric:

Kimiko well and truly deserved it overall, even if she gave it away.

Shinjiro
:sad: :fiery:

AcesHigh
so taking an injury timeout is cheating?

~{X}~
If she is THAT injured to need a break for her back, she shouldn't be playing in the first place. 10 minutes, ridiculous.

Ellery
Kimiko :bigcry:

Marionated
Awful choke from Kimiko :sad:

And she got screwed over by the umpire in the first set :rolleyes:

young_gunner913
Kimiko you didn't help much choking whenever you could. :o

iGOAT
OMG Chokimiko at 4-1 she thought she had it and played some loose games and then paid for it :weirdo: I'm absolutely disgusted.

Good match though, but very infuriating :fiery::banghead:.

Some of the calls :help:.

Smitten
Radwanska did nothing the entire match. Kimiko was breaking down her BH, but just made too many errors and timely DFs.

The racquet breaking. :lol:

Chakvenus
YESSS YESS!
phew, SO thankful she's through
that really was a pretty good match - some great hitting from both.
not sure what to make of the MTO, though.
GL in R2, Aga!!

olivero
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:50 AM
medical time-out :bowdown:
well done Agnieszka, good fight but honestly she needs to play a lot better in her next matches

Kimiko :hug:

now let the bitching begin

Daniel K
Pathetic behaviour from Aga and a disgusting result to boot.

Still should've served it out Kimiko.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Kimiko was walking all over radwanska in that third set.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mguyc8.jpg

Then radwanska took that strategic timeout :lol:

Kimiko had to also deal with some really horrendous overrules, Alves's long lost sister was probably officiating.

Dado90
:eek::eek::eek:

however Aga will lose in the 2nd round...;)

Slutati
What a terribly boring match OMFG :bigcry:

pcrtennis
What a pathetic piece of gamesmanship...Date was cruising and Radwanska makes up a back injury.

This is part why women's tennis sucks nowadays.

Wasted opportunity for Date-Krumm, she was clearly the superior player.

Jane Lane
Get a life. I was supporting Kimiko in her comeback until today...so offputting.
Aga :cheer::cheer::cheer: Nice win :yeah: and that racket. :haha:

KoOlMaNsEaN
:sad: Kimiko

but :lol: @ the racquet break in the last game. Aga is like "where did it go?? :confused:

homogenius
The kind of match where you feel the wrong player won.

Temperenka
Ew.

northern lad
i :spit: at agatha's racket snapping in half

Papillon.
:happy: Radwanska is such an enormous joke. Horrid player with a terrible game, disgusting antics...

Pasta-Na
date :awww:

Otlichno
At least one of my favorites can win a close match. :rolleyes:

Well done Aga! :cheer:

Keadz
Annoying result considering Kimiko was well and truly the better player.

That injury timeout certainly did its job...

goat
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:51 AM
I am predicting Aga to become the next Wickmayer.

But bad luck Kimiko, you certainly deserved this match.

goldenlox
Date is 3 years older than Seles. She just is not as good as last year.
I'm sure Aga is way off her good form.

MH0861
Even with the injury timeout, Kimiko blew SO many chances at the end of the set - broke for *5-4, chances at 5-5, GPs at 5-6...

CoryAnnAvants#1
Radwanska's injury timeout was total bullshit, but Kimiko has only herself to blame for this one. 4-1 lead in the third set, served for the match, break point at 5-5, game point at 5-6...not to mention Radwanska only held once the entire first set. Seriously, how many chances do you need?

jrm
Was anyone able to hold the serve :help:

BlackPanther.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
The broken racket :spit::rolls:

blumaroo
Someone with her experience should have dealt with it.
The brainless errors that came from her raquet were her own doing.
72 ue, so much for Kimiko being a "smart" player that doesn't rely on ballbashing.

saul1333
now let the bitching begin

I expect a lot :lol:

Carotastrophe

AcesHigh
Anyways, Date deserved to win the way she gave away those last few games.

Mary Cherry.
LMFAO at the racquet breaking :sobbing: Well done to Aga, although it was probably the medical time-out that saved her.

Young 8

Yes when you're down 1-4 and you play fine after the timeout

cocco80
Ok, that thing with Aga's racquet made me roflmao.

HILARIOUS.

Thrilled for Aga, sad for Kimiko.
Didn't like that medical timeout though.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Typical TF, when a player takes a timeout while losing, it's always cheating :lol:

Aga :hearts: Great fight in the 3rd, only watched from 1-4 but there were some positive rallies :yeah: Good to have you back :hug:

crazillo
Kimiko lost concentration after 4-1 up, and she was deciding on win and loss today. She fought hard, but I must say she lacked some mental strength there.

Radwanskas racket and her facial expression :lol: This has happened to ALG before.

volume3d
Aga you pathetic bitch. :lol:

:lol: so true

claypova
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:52 AM
disgusting match :tape::tape:

congrats Aga :bigclap: Kimiko :sad::sad:

AnomyBC
Bizarre match.... complete with rackets flying off their handles :eek::confused:

MH0861
Date is 3 years older than Seles. She just is not as good as last year.
I'm sure Aga is way off her good form.

There were approx. 2 vintage Aga points in this match. She is well off her better form at the moment.

MH0861
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:53 AM

Aga really recovered mentally after the injury timeout, she was in another world up until 1-4*.

AcesHigh

So it's against the rules?

goat

Dear lordy! :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::h earts::hearts::hearts:

:lol:

mauresmofan
Awful choke from Kimiko :sad:

And she got screwed over by the umpire in the first set :rolleyes:

Yep that umpire or Radwanskas mother as she's otherwise known fucked her over big time at 2 massively important moments in the opening set and then that tactical time out - there was nothing wrong with Aga she was moving fine and her serve was fine pure gamesmanship.

olivero
Christ people :weirdo: give her a break. Disgusting and boring game? It was her first match after a long break. Chill out.

AcesHigh
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Typical TF, when a player takes a timeout while losing, it's always cheating :lol:

Aga :hearts: Great fight in the 3rd, only watched from 1-4 but there were some positive rallies :yeah: Good to have you back :hug:

:worship: I forgot where I was. TF doesn't disappoint.

CrossCourt~Rally
This lost hurts :sad:. Kimiko had so many chances the last few games :awww:. Atleast she was going for it (in the few games i saw) and went down swinging...

Smitten
Date is 3 years older than Seles.

How or what or why does this information pertain to ANYTHING?

crazillo
Kimiko lacked mental strength today...

Randy H
Radwanska's injury timeout was total bullshit, but Kimiko has only herself to blame for this one. 4-1 lead in the third set, served for the match, break point at 5-5, game point at 5-6...not to mention Radwanska only held once the entire first set. Seriously, how many chances do you need?

Yep. The very obvious gamesmanship of Radwanska was extremely off-putting to watch (I've really lost any respect I may have had for her), but Kimiko had plenty of chances to win it even after she let Radwanska back into the 3rd set. Served for it, and then had numerous chances in the games thereafter. At the end of the day, you either produce or you don't, and Kimiko didn't play the big points well enough. Unfortunate result, but she needs to really work on mentally tightening her game up when it counts.

fouc
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:55 AM
The cheating accusations are hilarious :lol: though Cheatszka made my day :worship:
to tell the truth, Aga was just horrible, tactically stupid, brainlessly defensive, lots of bad footwork, why the hell so far from the baseline? whatever.

Nicky2002
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:55 AM
That racket should of bounced into her face.

Ellery
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Yep that umpire or Radwanskas mother as she's otherwise known fucked her over big time at 2 massively important moments in the opening set and then that tactical time out - there was nothing wrong with Aga she was moving fine and her serve was fine pure gamesmanship.

Those were pretty WTF moments :o Umpire :smash:

Chakvenus
Kimiko lacked mental strength today...

This, sadly.
I'm a big fan of Aga, and I don't know WHAT to make of that time-out, but you can't blame Aga entirely for Kimiko's loss. Kimiko was playing very well and she let it slip.

Daniel K
So it's against the rules?

If you're not injured and you take a medical timeout yes...

Obviously it's hard to officiate such a thing.

Inger67
Omg for real? All of you are ridiculous. You're going to call taking an injury timeout cheating? Whatever.

Congrats, Aga. Her racket breaking during her swing :lol:

Papillon.

Typical Radwanska. Doesn't have the game or guts to tough it out without trying to interrupt someone's rhythm with some blatant gamesmanship. I don't understand how that's NOT cheating? :lol: It's obviously within the rules that you can take an injury timeout to retrieve treatment... Radwanska was not hampered by an injury. The only thing that needs treatment is the fact that Radwanska is still in this tournament. :happy:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Kimiko was walking all over radwanska in that third set.

Then radwanska took that strategic timeout :lol:

Kimiko had to also deal with some really horrendous overrules, Alves's long lost sister was probably officiating.

:sport: :lol:

nicidle
And game-wise Radwanska has alot to learn from kimiko...

Shvedbarilescu
I would stop short of saying Aga cheated but it was certainly gamesmanship and I didn't like it and I don't have a lot good to say about Radwanska right now. I'm pretty bummed about that. Kimiko deserved this match.

But I do have to aknowledge, although it wasn't the most sporting thing to do, Radwanska was pretty clever taking that break. Kimiko has always been a slow starter and she plays her best tennis once she is warmed up. I've seen that time and time again. When Kimiko is on top of her game there isn't a lot an opponent can do except hope for (or engineer) a break in the play.

What happened here actually reminded me of the Wimbledon 96 semi against Graf. Kimiko was all over Graf and the only thing that was going to stop her from winning was a break in play. And then after the 2nd set the match was called for darkness and the next day Kimiko never got that magic she had in the 2nd set back. This was quite similar.

I'm very very bummed right now. Actually I'm downright angry.

Reptilia
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:58 AM
This was such a good opportunity for Kimiko. :weirdo:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Oh shut up everyone.

If Kimiko was Rodionova no one would be making these comments.

homogenius
Kimiko got robbed in the first set (some stupid overrules on important points)and Aga's MTO in the 3rd was :o but Kimiko could have done some things better.Horrible serving in the first set and way too many ues overall.Too bad cause she was playing agressive tennis, coming to the net quite successfully for the most part of the match.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Go Aga! :cheer:

Since when is taking a necessary timeout cheating? :rolleyes: Kimiko should have handled her business.

Sally Todd
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:59 AM
More than a shade shady. :rolleyes:

I actually like(d) Radwanska, but a tactically-timed long injury time out at 1-4 against Kimiko? :o

Uh uh. Not forgiving that any time soon.

She should have been forced to play on with that stubby handle after such gamesmanship.

young_gunner913
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Oh shut up everyone.

If Kimiko was Rodionova, Aga's nose would've been broken, not her racket. :p

Wiggly
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Radwanska used some poor tactics against Sharapova back in 2007 or something.

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Oh shut up everyone.

Exactly. whiny asses. :baby:

TS
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Total gamesmanship from Radwanska (never really liked her or her BORING game, today just sealed it), but it's within the rules and she came out on top. Nothing more to it. At 40 years of age, Kimiko should be better equipped to deal with shit like this.

Disappointing to see her lose and 100 points go begging, but she should have been able to close this thing out :(

crazillo
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I would stop short of saying Aga cheated but it was certainly gamesmanship and I didn't like it and I don't have a lot good to say about Radwanska right now. I'm pretty bummed about that. Kimiko deserved this match.

But I do have to aknowledge, although it wasn't the most sporting thing to do, Radwanska was pretty clever taking that break. Kimiko has always been a slow starter and she plays her best tennis once she is warmed up. I've seen that time and time again. When Kimiko is on top of her game there isn't a lot an opponent can do except hope for (or engineer) a break in the play.

What happened here actually reminded me of the Wimbledon 96 semi against Graf. Kimiko was all over Graf and the only thing take was going to her from winning was a break in play. And then after the 2nd set the match was called for darkness and the next day Kimiko never got that magic she had in the 2nd set back. This was quite similar.

I'm very very bummed right now. Actually I'm downright angry.

Couldn't have said it any better. However, Kimiko has to work on this aspect of her game. Her serve doesn't win her many free points, but she's lost most of these close matches cuz she had some really easy errors on crunch time. You can't afford that.

Vaxey
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Pushanska :o Push to death. Disgusting match, a lot of UE, really boring play. I hate Radwanka's tennis. Kimiko, you should win :o

Randy H
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM

Since when is taking a necessary timeout cheating? :rolleyes: Kimiko should have handled her business.

For someone with such a sore back, she sure managed to use a LOT of energy bending over to pick up that racket she felt the need to throw on the ground every other point.

Marionated
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:04 AM
The match was so dependent on Kimiko's play too :sad:

oaki
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
What a sportmanship for you Aga. Consider you've been my favourite for quite a while. You are ticked off now :o:tape: I hope your AO stops at your second round.

Poor Kimiko :sad: You had to deal with the dumb ass empire in the first set where thing could have gone differently and poor tactics from Aga in the third. Though you had your chance but still...well played :worship:

Smitten
The match was so dependent on Kimiko's play too :sad:

Of course. Radwanska does nothing.

makirilenko
If Kimiko can play like that for the rest of the year she will make some deep runs. Choke was disappointing and not exactly sure what brought that around, her play dropped considerably after the injury timeout, but she is a veteran and should not be affected by any psyche out tactics (if that was one at all).

Loled at the racquet breaking.

it-girl
Annoying result considering Kimiko was well and truly the better player.

That injury timeout certainly did its job...I could not agree more.

Randy H
Oh shut up everyone.

Poor analogy - Why would anyone feel bad to see a player known for poor sportsmanship, lose at the expense of poor sportsmanship?? :lol:

janezhang
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Shame on Aga.
Go home next round.

darrinbaker00
Chokimiko up *4-1 in the final set. Cheatszka takes a 10 minute injury timeout. Chokimiko collapses.

If she is THAT injured to need a break for her back, she shouldn't be playing in the first place. 10 minutes, ridiculous.
How much money did you two lose on this match?

cocco80
Aga's game is not boring ffs ! Cool down people. Kimiko should've handled the situation.

Anyway, could somebody make a gif out of that racquet breaking sequence? :lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Typical Radwanska. Doesn't have the game or guts to tough it out without trying to interrupt someone's rhythm with some blatant gamesmanship. I don't understand how that's NOT cheating? :lol: It's obviously within the rules that you can take an injury timeout to retrieve treatment... Radwanska was not hampered by an injury. The only thing that needs treatment is the fact that Radwanska is still in this tournament. :happy:

Yeah yeah, whatever :lol: Obviously you hate Radwańska and you post shit like the bolded part. Also, I think it's pathetic, that every player who takes a medical timeout while losing, is immedietaly accused of cheating and gamesmanship. It's like the whole tour is filled with liars and cheaters :rolleyes:

Randy H
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah yeah, whatever :lol: Obviously you hate Radwańska and you post shit like the bolded part. Also, I think it's pathetic, that every player who takes a medical timeout while losing, is immedietaly accused of cheating and gamesmanship. It's like the whole tour is filled with liars and cheaters :rolleyes:

Um, most of them are :lol: But I appreciate your naive optimism :)

HRHoliviasmith
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM

:worship::worship::worship:

whiny asses :baby:

saul1333
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:11 AM

:yeah:

Shinjiro
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Um, most of them are :lol: But I appreciate your naive optimism :)

+1.

Marionated
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:12 AM

Well it was gamesmanship.

I don't think the opinion of a poster who treated Elena Dementieva (one of the classiest players of all time) like the spaw of satan counts for much anyway though.

MakarovaFan
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Um it kinda is......

~CANUCK~
One and only warning, no more posts about Aga being a bitch. Until they change the rules that say medical time outs are not allowed she did nothing wrong. Is it gamesmanship, probably but that doesn't make her a cheater.

makirilenko
It is fairly obvious she didn't have an injury, looking at her play before and after the timeout, her play wasn't hampered at all. Kimiko was on a roll and Radwanska had no answers other than to take a timeout and screw with her rhythm. But at the same time Kimiko has no business falling for bush league tactics like that, she is a veteran of the tour and should continue to go about her business but she managed to let that get to her and her play dropped considerably.

Papillon.

Sorry sweetheart but I didn't hate Aga until this match. Kinda hard for this shit not to have a significant impact on how you view a player, but I can honestly say I'm not surprised.

I don't understand what you are trying to say; are you saying you are too stupid to be able to tell whether someone is really injured? You can't actually TELL that that was gamesmanship? Why don't you take the situation into account? How badly she was losing? How hampered she DIDN'T look by an injury?

The whole tour IS filled with liars and cheaters. An abundance of them. And it's just disheartening and repugnant to see one beat a saint like Kimiko. Sorry if the reality of people supporting justice and not a cheating pusher is too harsh for you. :wavey:

nicidle
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:15 AM
The moderator has edited my comment that Aga is a cheater.

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:17 AM
One and only warning, no more posts about Aga being a bitch. Until they change the rules that say medical time outs are not allowed she did nothing wrong. Is it gamesmanship, probably but that doesn't make her a cheater.Good, these haters are polluting the threads.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Sorry sweetheart but I didn't hate Aga until this match. Kinda hard for this shit not to have a significant impact on how you view a player, but I can honestly say I'm not surprised.

I don't understand what you are trying to say; are you saying you are too stupid to be able to tell whether someone is really injured? You can't actually TELL that that was gamesmanship? Why don't you take the situation into account? How badly she was losing? How hampered she DIDN'T look by an injury?

The whole tour IS filled with liars and cheaters. An abundance of them. And it's just disheartening and repugnant to see one beat a saint like Kimiko. Sorry if the reality of people supporting justice and not a cheating pusher is too harsh for you. :wavey:

Believe what you want and I'll do the same. If you think that WTA is filled with liars and cheaters then I don't know why you're following such a fake sport.
Thanks for calling me stupid and the 'I'm not suprised part'. You really seem to be a very nice person.

homogenius
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Good, these haters are polluting the threads.

:rolleyes:

C. Drone
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
:haha:

Papillon.
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Believe what you want and I'll do the same. If you think that WTA is filled with liars and cheaters then I don't know why you're following such a fake sport.
Thanks for calling me stupid and the 'I'm not suprised part'. You really seem to be a very nice person.

Seeing is believing.

nicidle
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:23 AM
One and only warning, no more posts about Aga being a bitch. Until they change the rules that say medical time outs are not allowed she did nothing wrong. Is it gamesmanship, probably but that doesn't make her a cheater.

Whatever.. as you can edit anything as you like. :rolleyes:
And you feel fine about it.

Wow. the board is purified.

Aaron.
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Well Done Aga :worship:

makirilenko
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
The same reason people following wrestling: the story lines.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9550/2vkgqck.gif

n1_and_uh_noone
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:28 AM
70+ errors :help:. Kimiko really makes it impossible for herself to win when she plays like that, especially against a Radwanska.

Papillon.
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Well Done Aga :worship:

Absolutely. Took a lot of determination and hard work to derail your opponent with gamesmanship. Well fought... or rather, well sat down. :lol:

goldenlox
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:30 AM
70+ errors :help:. Kimiko really makes it impossible for herself to win when she plays like that, especially against a Radwanska.People keep saying Aga didn't control the match. Caro doesn't control the match.
If the other player keeps putting it in the doubles alley, then Aga is doing what she should do. Keeping her shots in play.

AcesHigh
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:42 AM

thank you :)

Pops Maellard
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Eww.

Kimiko. :help: You should be too old and experienced for all this choking shiz the younger players do. :(

Aryman3
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Good start , Aga, against dangerous player
Next match should be easier

M&M
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:54 AM
some ppl here in this forum suck big time... so much negativity through the last few years... no wonder, i am barely visiting this page... everytime i am here someone is bitching about this player for having done this and another one for having done that, or playing like this. this is pretty annoying...

well done aga! good to see that your foot seems to be ok after surgery.

kimiko, better luck next time.

Mynarco
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Kimiko :sad:

RandomShot
Jan 18th, 2011, 02:58 AM
:banghead:

Setsuna.
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Fakerwanska.:worship:

twight6
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Given the warning that I now see has been posted..

Kimiko :sad: Maybe next time you can draw a player who won't need a 10 minute break when you're up 4-1 :(

Jeff
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:12 AM
The broken racket head was hilarious :lol:

twight6
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:16 AM
The broken racket head was hilarious :lol:

:spit: I had already forgotten about this. Priceless

Six Feet Under
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Aga :)
Kimiko :sad::hug:

Ivanovic2008
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:31 AM

:worship: Thank you.

justineheninfan
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:36 AM
So sad to see Date choke and lose when she had the win sewn up vs the poor womens Wozniacki of the WTA tour.

edificio
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Good job on the comeback, Aga!

Papillon.
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:38 AM
There is already a thread for this result.

edificio
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:39 AM
There is already a thread for this result.

:(

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:42 AM
If Kimiko was Rodionova, Aga's nose would've been broken, not her racket. :p

:haha:

Ralph214
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Kimiko just beat herself :o

Noctis
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:23 AM
:o kmiko..

PolishLunatiq
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Good luck in II round Aga:)

Mistress of Evil
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Lady Aga ;bounce:

Raz0r
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Why Kimiko, why??? :(

Vefci Y
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Well Done!

AnDrEi.b
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Aga :cheer:

Betten
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Probably the only time I'll say this but: disgusting result.

Steven.
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Total gamesmanship from Radwanska (never really liked her or her BORING game, today just sealed it), but it's within the rules and she came out on top. Nothing more to it. At 40 years of age, Kimiko should be better equipped to deal with shit like this.

Disappointing to see her lose and 100 points go begging, but she should have been able to close this thing out :(

I know right. Radwanska officially joined my shit list and is the sole member of it.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Kimiko :(
Aga :cheer:

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:21 AM

Belmont Lad
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Kimiko said in her press conference that she started cramping after the 10 minute medical time out Radwanska took at 4-1 in the 3rd because she cooled off.

Noctis
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Radwanska refused to talk about her 'injury'
She refused interview

Graf~Dokic
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Kimiko :sad: :hug: You should have won that match.

Radwanska was just a mess. She should overthink her on-court behaviour once again. :o

thegreendestiny
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Cheatwanska :o

Drimal
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Why did you choke it away Kimiko :bigcry: :hug:

She always has to face a seeded player in Grand Slams 1st rounds ...

pancake
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
LOL @ everyone just assuming Radwanska must have been faking her injury.
If she was your fav. player who took a timeout in today's match you would be praising her as a fighter already.

VIKA?
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Well done Aga:cheer:

Ferg
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
sad result for tennis. very sad.

Ferg
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Get a life. I was supporting Kimiko in her comeback until today...so offputting.
Aga :cheer::cheer::cheer: Nice win :yeah: and that racket. :haha:

Get a life yourself. :shrug: I doubt you would have found Kimiko offputting if she hadnt given Aga such a scare.

*Jool*
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:43 AM
oh no :( :awww:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
well done aga :hearts:

Beat
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
i was cheering for kimiko, but i think that if you lose because of a medical time-out - fake or not fake -, then you didn't deserve to win in the 1st place. :shrug:

Viennalover
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Kimiko said she had a slight cramp after Aga's medical timeout.
She thinks maybe the cold weather and waiting too long affected.

So it did worked for Aga, good luck. :worship:
Bad luck for Kimiko.:sad:

adner
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah sure, Aga comes back after several months out and can't even take a medical timeout without being accused of gamesmanship :D

spencercarlos
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I would stop short of saying Aga cheated but it was certainly gamesmanship and I didn't like it and I don't have a lot good to say about Radwanska right now. I'm pretty bummed about that. Kimiko deserved this match..
Radwanska´s pathetic behavious was something to see, i hope she loses right away really. :rolleyes:

Anyway Date is responsible for this loss, especially with that crap of a game while serving for the match... Radwanska did very little to deserve the last couple of games, but Date gave them away with easy errors.

Anyway no need for this delusional comment :tape:
What happened here actually reminded me of the Wimbledon 96 semi against Graf. Kimiko was all over Graf and the only thing that was going to stop her from winning was a break in play.
It was not the first time Graf loses a second set in her carreer to then recover in a third set, and inittially it was Graf who was walking over Kimiko at 6-2 2-0, when she started to fool around.. :rolleyes: :p

:wavey:

adam_ads_n
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Maybe she was really injured, I don't know, but what concers me in Aga's timeout is taking it for back problems - she came to Australia with injured foot, not back...

Anyway - congratulations to Agnieszka, but she will be defeated in round 2.

nevetssllim
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Kimiko. :sad: :hug:

Just a bad result all round.

MBM
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Pfff

Safe-From-Harm
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Well, that medical time out ruined Kimiko's game.
And she was 4*-1 in third...

BlameSerena
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Wtf was wrong with Aga or is that just her form these days? If she was injured that would make more sense
This match shouldn't have been this close.

Tuckii
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM

This was yours :mad:

olivero
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
So much hipocrisy in this forum :lol:

Obviously what Aga did isn't praiseworthy but it's not like she's the only player that does this kind of breaks. Hell, even Agnieszka lost important matches because of her opponents taking MTO just to disrupt her game. And all the people bitching about it should just shut up.
Besides Aga was miles away from playing her best tennis and still Kimiko couldn't capitalize on that. She didn't hold her serve even once in the entire 1st set! I don't think that's Agnieszka's fault.

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Well done Aga, don't smash your racket so many times next time though...you saw what happened! :cool:

fish_wilson
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Radwanska rocks! :rocker2: :devil:

Shinjiro
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
LOL @ everyone just assuming Radwanska must have been faking her injury.
If she was your fav. player who took a timeout in today's match you would be praising her as a fighter already.

No.

Foot's Fingers
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The kind of match where you feel the wrong player won.

+1

Just Do It
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
That medical was just :spit:

TennisFan66
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM

Unless there's blood; an open and visible broken bone, the 'tennis and medical experts' on this board will always troll .. and I know that you know that too :)

WD Aga!

Juju Nostalgique
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Oh no Kimiko... :awww: :hug:

Nice fight but still makes me sad... :sad:

Better luck next time honey! :smooch:

Goget
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
h0Ssanstmic

Sharapovian
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Well done Aga!

I seen the first set and only in the first game Aga held serve, the rest were breaks :lol:

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Kimiko :mad: :sad:

toxina90
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I think I went to bed when Kimiko was leading in the 3rd. Very surprised she lost, she was completely dictating play for most, especially at the net. Some of the umpire's overrules were questionable :unsure:

volta
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
PHEW , that was close but hmmm why are you rushing things aga? :rolleyes:

And game-wise Radwanska has alot to learn from kimiko...

Admin edit: Yes your posts can be edited if they break the rules. If you have a problem with that I suggest you find a new website to visit.

:bigcry: :happy: :happy:

Freshi
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM
pity for the "old lady "of Tennis

ChriS.
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM
The umpire ruined this match by the overrule in last game of first set which gave the set to Aga. The ball was on the far side so the umpire could not possibly see clearly. Kimiko was cheated out of this match.

Super Dave
Jan 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hell of a fight KDK. Just ran out of gas. I so hoped the dragon would be slayed :( :(

Cinek
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
What a match :worship:
What a drama :worship:

My heart :rolleyes:

Aga :hearts: Nice to see you again.
Come on and fight!

ce
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Radwanska :weirdo:

justineheninfan
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Radwanska is a joke. She is a very poor womens Wozniacki game wise (there is no worse insult probably). She got her ass handed to her by a 40 year old women who blew her off the court with far superior strokes and had to cheat and get help from a cheating joke of an umpire who should be fired immediately to snake out an undeserved victory. Will be nice to see her get her ass handed to her shortly.

AcesHigh
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM
i was cheering for kimiko, but i think that if you lose because of a medical time-out - fake or not fake -, then you didn't deserve to win in the 1st place. :shrug:

Yeah sure, Aga comes back after several months out and can't even take a medical timeout without being accused of gamesmanship :D

So much hipocrisy in this forum :lol:

Obviously what Aga did isn't praiseworthy but it's not like she's the only player that does this kind of breaks. Hell, even Agnieszka lost important matches because of her opponents taking MTO just to disrupt her game. And all the people bitching about it should just shut up.
Besides Aga was miles away from playing her best tennis and still Kimiko couldn't capitalize on that. She didn't hold her serve even once in the entire 1st set! I don't think that's Agnieszka's fault.

:yeah:

FleetSeb
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM

Errr, isn't the point of an injury time out to ease/fix the pain in which case making it easier for the player to play better tennis.

Therefore, wouldn't it make sense for Aga to come out of the injury timeout playing better because hey, guess what, it's actually done what it's meant to do. :rolleyes:

crazillo
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Kimiko's interview:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-18/201101181295324255119.html

She basically is saying what Radwanska did was not illegal, but it did affect her big time. When she starts out she feels cold and can't execute well. Kimiko was starting to cramp as well. She will talk to doctors how she can solve it back in Japan...

Seems she would have won the match without the break. :sad:

HippityHop
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:07 PM

There wasn't a thing wrong with that heffa's back. :fiery:

When M. Nav. referred to her has the poor man's version of M. Hingis, I cried laughing. :lol:

New Rules:

First injury time out you lose two point in the next game.

Second injury time out you lose a game.

Third injury time out you forfeit the match.

:devil:

AndreConrad
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Congrats Aga :yeah:... hope next game will be more solid

Shinjiro
Jan 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Kimiko's interview:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2011-01-18/201101181295324255119.html

She basically is saying what Radwanska did was not illegal, but it did affect her big time. When she starts out she feels cold and can't execute well. Kimiko was starting to cramp as well. She will talk to doctors how she can solve it back in Japan...

Seems she would have won the match without the break. :sad:
Seems like it, as she was on a roll.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Not everything is pitch black or ivory white.

Was Agnieszka cheating when she took an injury break? Of course she was not. What she did was very much within the rules and plenty of players have done the same thing in the past and with the same motivation and plenty of players will continue to do so in the future. What Agnieszka did was not a hanging offence, nor does it justify anyone refering to her as a "bitch" or using other similar terms.

On the other hand, it was hardly the most admirable way to go about winning a tennis match. Agnieszka did lose a very substantial amount of respect from me today.

AndreConrad
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Not everything is pitch black or ivory white.

Was Agnieszka cheating when she took an injury break? Of course she was not. What she did was very much within the rules and plenty of players have done the same thing in the past and with the same motivation and plenty of players will continue to do so in the future. What Agnieszka did was not a hanging offence, nor does it justify anyone refering to her as a "bitch" or using other similar terms.

On the other hand, it was hardly the most admirable way to go about winning a tennis match. Agnieszka did lose a very substantial amount of respect from me today.

One thing you are forgetting is that Agnieszka's presence at the tournament was uncertain until very last moment because of the medical procedure she went through in the end of last year, so her medical break could be well justified. There is no reason for her to not do everything within the rules to win the match. Would I like to see a clean win? I certainly would, but it wasn't possible at this time.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM
One thing you are forgetting is that Agnieszka's presence at the tournament was uncertain until very last moment because of the medical procedure she went through in the end of last year, so her medical break could be well justified. There is no reason for her to not do everything within the rules to win the match. Would I like to see a clean win? I certainly would, but it wasn't possible at this time.

I'm afraid your points here don't really wash. Her medical timeout involved treatment to her back which had nothing to do with the foot she needed surgery for. Had Radwanska needed treatment to her foot, which thankfully appeared in good shape throughout the contest* your point would very well made. As it was, she merely felt like a backrub.

*Although I am right now quite angry with Aga, I am still glad to see she appears to have made such a good recovery from last year's surgery.

AndreConrad
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I'm afraid your points here don't really wash. Her medical timeout involved treatment to her back which had nothing to do with the foot she needed surgery for. Had Radwanska needed treatment to her foot, which thankfully appeared in good shape throughout the contest* your point would very well made. As it was, she merely felt like a backrub.

*Although I am right now quite angry with Aga, I am still glad to see she appears to have made such a good recovery from last year's surgery.
I obviously don't know what was really happening. However if she wanted to make a fake time out believable she could do it about the foot; since it was about her back then there was probably something there. I am just giving her benefit of doubt, it is not like she is notorious with things like that.

pancake
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM

But the point is, we NEVER know if Radwanska's back was really that hurt, and making assumption accusing someone of cheating based on one's own OPINION is a far worse thing to do, not any better than cheating, at least.

Shinjiro
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Gotta love that magic cream.

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:31 PM
But the point is, we NEVER know if Radwanska's back was really that hurt, and making assumption accusing someone of cheating based on one's own OPINION is a far worse thing to do, not any better than cheating, at least.

I have already stated very clearly that I do not regard Agnieszka to have cheated. ;)

Sally Todd
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
A day later, and Radwanska has still gone from a player I liked and would actually defend to the top of my s--- list.

I have a feeling I'm not alone.

Reminds me a bit of Pierce's shenanigans against Dementieva in a USO semi, but within the context of the match, this was worse, because it came in the very late stages.

pancake
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I have already stated very clearly that I do not regard Agnieszka to have cheated. ;)

But you lost respect for her, which mean you disagreed with the way she acted, which was actually totally acceptable considering she didn't break any rules and we have no evidence to suggest she's cheating.

Fantasy Hero
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Kimiko :sobbing: this is a double delusion for me :sobbing: as i like you, you were up of breaks in the 3rd and i warmly dislike Aga :sobbing:

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
But you lost respect for her, which mean you disagreed with the way she acted, which was actually totally acceptable considering she didn't break any rules and we have no evidence to suggest she's cheating.

Again, please, is it so hard to actually read my posts? I have already stated that I do not believe Radwanska broke any rules and have made it clear I do not back accusations of cheating. There is a strong distinction between "cheating" and gamesmanship which can done within the rules allowed by the game. Let me be very clear, I am not fond of having my words twisted and I will not allow you to attempt to twist what I am saying. Please read what I originally wrote very carefully.

If you think it was totally acceptable what Aga did as she did not break any rules that is fine. I am not going to try to change your opinion. I, however, was very disappointed in her actions.

justine schnyder
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Thank god I didn't follow it, sounds like it was a fiasco out there, on the other hand, I'm so happy for Aga, first win after a long absence.. Go Girl!! :)

Martian KC
Jan 18th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Poor Kimiko!:sad:

n1_and_uh_noone
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:04 PM
72 UEs equals 18 games of errors, and Radwanska won 17 to win the match :help:

Serenita
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
The drama:lol:

rucolo
Jan 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Nice comeback, Aga!:bowdown::D:hearts::banana:

Very satisfying win.

Date was leading 4-1 in 3rd set.:lol:

The broken racket :haha:

yeah so funny. :rolls:

cn ireland
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
So close Kimiko:sad:

St.Sebastian
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
72 UEs equals 18 games of errors, and Radwanska won 17 to win the match :help:

Ever heard of a deuce?

St.Sebastian
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Radwanska is a joke. She is a very poor womens Wozniacki game wise (there is no worse insult probably). She got her ass handed to her by a 40 year old women who blew her off the court with far superior strokes and had to cheat and get help from a cheating joke of an umpire who should be fired immediately to snake out an undeserved victory. Will be nice to see her get her ass handed to her shortly.
Give the girl a break. She had a foot surgery in November and was on crutches until the beginning of December. She came in with hardly any practice and had a period (her father hints at that in his interview today).
Kimiko beat Sharapova, Na Li, Peer, Stosur, Pavlyuchenkova and Hantuchova last autumn so I would hardly expect Aga to double bagel her.

Don't get me wrong, I watched the game until 1-2* in the third set (thought it wasn't worth wasting a night's sleep for this) and wasn't impressed with Aga AT ALL. It was one of her worse matches out of the ones I've seen and in normal circumstances I would have been disgusted. But show me any other player who came back 2 months after surgery and isn't rusty?

n1_and_uh_noone
Jan 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Ever heard of a deuce?

I wasn't implying she won all her games on errors, genius :weirdo:.

justineheninfan
Jan 18th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Give the girl a break. She had a foot surgery in November and was on crutches until the beginning of December. She came in with hardly any practice and had a period (her father hints at that in his interview today).
Kimiko beat Sharapova, Na Li, Peer, Stosur, Pavlyuchenkova and Hantuchova last autumn so I would hardly expect Aga to double bagel her.

Don't get me wrong, I watched the game until 1-2* in the third set (thought it wasn't worth wasting a night's sleep for this) and wasn't impressed with Aga AT ALL. It was one of her worse matches out of the ones I've seen and in normal circumstances I would have been disgusted. But show me any other player who came back 2 months after surgery and isn't rusty?

I have seen Radwanska play many other times when she was fully fit and playing year round and I have never been impressed by her. She is nothing more than a poor womens Wozniacki (hence why the Woz has such an easy time beating a much inferior clone of herself) with a Dementieva like 2nd serve. Sorry nothing she has done ever in her career convinces me otherwise.

Viennalover
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:51 AM
What's wrong with that stupid umpire?:mad:

She actually made kimiko in big trouble last year's Osaka too.
What? she likes to control the match or something?
She definitely like overrule which often seems to be her mistake.

It would have been different if the match was held in the court with challange system. Then the stupid umpire won't try hard.:rolleyes:

nicidle
Jan 19th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Aga should play the game of kimiko.. taking the ball early.. slices it up when necessary and come to the net as often as she can. Obviously Kimiko does everything better.

Voo de Mar
Jan 19th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Kimiko :yeah: What a resistance :worship:

Shinjiro
Jan 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Kimiko :yeah: What a resistance :worship:

Tennis-Japan's Date-Krumm to play on at 41 - if hubby says yes (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/19012011/2/tennis-japan-date-krumm-play-41-hubby-says-yes.html) :worship:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Aga should play the game of kimiko.. taking the ball early.. slices it up when necessary and come to the net as often as she can. Obviously Kimiko does everything better.

that´s why she lost
FAIL

Shinjiro
Jan 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
No, because she beat herself, that's why. (And we know why.) Granted she's old enough to know better, but there's only so much you can do about cramps anyway. :(

Viennalover
Jan 19th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Good news is Kimiko's planing to come back next year.:bounce: