PDA

View Full Version : Henin vs Kimberly AO final 2011: would you like it?

danieln1
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think at least would be better than Zvonareva reaching the final and folding again against any player

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Yes that would be a memorable final something we haven't had in womens tennis in years

Sean.
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:38 PM
It think it would be the highest quality final possible. Which is good for tennis. :)

Bismarck.
Jan 15th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well, they're the best players in the draw, so yeah. :shrug:

silverwhite
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Yes that would be a memorable final something we haven't had in womens tennis in years

AO 2010? :confused:

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM

Yes, I think it was the first three setter GS final since ... Wimbledon 2005 if I am not wrong.

I don't know why but I don't think it would be an enjoyable match. I see Kimberly choking. :tape:

Nicolás89
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM
What makes you think Henin will do anything to even break Clijsters serve? Now that is a one sided final.

Miss Amor
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Their last two matches were proper horror shows (The Miami SF was one of the worst tennis matches that I have seen between two top players).

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
What makes you think Henin will do anything to even break Clijsters serve? Now that is a one sided final.

:spit: Please, remind me how many Slam finals Henin won against Kim and vice versa ?

Safe-From-Harm
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Please NO.
But I think it's gonna happen.

mariavikafan
Yes, I think it was the first three setter GS final since ... Wimbledon 2005 if I am not wrong.

I don't know why but I don't think it would be an enjoyable match. I see Kimberly choking. :tape:

OMG what about Wimbledon 2006 you such a crappy Henin fan:lol::lol::lol:

pav
I think at least would be better than Zvonareva reaching the final and folding again against any player
After Puddingfaces exhibition of final choking the other day I wouldn't worry about ripping into Zvonareva!

joão.
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
No, thank you.

sammy01
for me it would be the best option, the 2nd best being kim vs i hate to say it venus.

if anyone else bar kim makes the final from the bottom half it will be a virtual walkover final

ElusiveChanteuse
We should wait until it REALLY happens.:shrug:

mariavikafan
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
for me it would be the best option, the 2nd best being kim vs i hate to say it venus.

if anyone else bar kim makes the final from the bottom half it will be a virtual walkover final

It could also be a walkover if Clijsters meet Henin in the final, it happen twice before it can happen again.

Onjanae.
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Their last two matches were proper horror shows (The Miami SF was one of the worst tennis matches that I have seen between two top players).

I agree, and both have looked in dubious form going by what I saw from Henin in Hopman cup and Kim's disater in the final. We could have another Petrova incident for Kim, or Henin feeling ill. I just hope the finalists are fit, healthy and playing well, so women's tennis can get some good representation. And it's not guaranteed that you'll get that from the Belgians.

After Puddingfaces exhibition of final choking the other day I wouldn't worry about ripping into Zvonareva!

Oh my god :haha:

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM

Henin didn't play Wimbledon 2006. :lol:

[/mode Clijsters off]

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM
It could also be a walkover if Clijsters meet Henin in the final, it happen twice before it can happen again.

Thrice.

Onjanae.
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM

Oh come on! :help:

mariavikafan
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Thrice.

It wasn't a walkover in OZ 2004, the final was tight.

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM

True, my bad. :lol:

danieln1
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Until Sandra de Jenken stepped in for Christine, that call...

Kimberly was tense all the way in that match

VishaalMaria
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
A Venus v Henin final would be much better. Someone finally winning their elusive 8th slam and cementing a number 2 position in terms of best of this generation.

Plus, they havent played in an age! And they do, seeminlgy bring out the best in each other.

justineheninfan
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Henin choked twice in the 2004 Australian Open final and still won. She really dominated Kim completely from 2003-2006. Last year Kim turned the tables, hopefully Henin can get back on top. I dont think Kim has improved that much as people are saying, Henin just has to get her own mojo back, easier said then done though.

Onjanae.
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
A Venus v Henin final would be much better. Someone finally winning their elusive 8th slam and cementing a number 2 position in terms of best of this generation.

Plus, they havent played in an age! And they do, seeminlgy bring out the best in each other.

I would ne nice, but their draw in the same half. :( It could be a cracking match if it happened... but then again :tape:

mariavikafan
Jan 15th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Henin didn't play Wimbledon 2006. :lol:

[/mode Clijsters off]

Oh I see.:lol:

You know I also think OZ final 2007 never happened.

VishaalMaria
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I would ne nice, but their draw in the same half. :( It could be a cracking match if it happened... but then again :tape:

Oh yeah......

I've hardly had a look at the draw! When are they projected to meet?

muniu
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Until Sandra de Jenken stepped in for Christine, that call...Kimberly was tense all the way in that match

Cheatine at her best ;) I cannot forget that b.....elgian:wavey: holding her finger and confirming that was a huuuuuuuuuuuuugeeee out, I woke up my mum shouting a very rude word (Ku***) :lol:

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah......

The semis which is a good scenario really given Clijsters and Venus had to be in opposite halves and the best thing after that would be to have Henin in Woz or Zvonarevas section which panned out

Bismarck.
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Not particularly no - it was ok but I would consider a memorable final a closely contested match until the end - Venus Davenport 05 Wimbledon, Mauresmo Henin 06 Wimbledon were great matches close until the end and anyone could have won - Serena got away from Henin early on in the 3rd and never looked back.

That has nothing to do with my post whatsoever. :help:

*Jool*
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I'm ok with Henin being in the final, but a Clijsters-Henin final would probably be kinda dirty (again) imo
yet...we don't have too many contestants who would make an interesting slam final ..

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM

You clearly didn't see Clijsters play in Sydney - her serve was completely all over the place - great 1 minute then horrific double faults the next. Somehow I think if Henin can get to grips with Novak Djokovics serve that she'll be ok returning Clijsters should that happen.

silverwhite
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Why would an Henin fan want to remember Wimby 2006? :o

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
That has nothing to do with my post whatsoever. :help:

Sorry that was meant to be for silverwhites post :o

mauresmofan
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:11 PM

Not particularly no - it was ok but I would consider a memorable final a closely contested match until the end - Venus Davenport 05 Wimbledon, Mauresmo Henin 06 Wimbledon were great matches close until the end and anyone could have won - Serena got away from Henin early on in the 3rd and never looked back.

Freshi
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
It think it would be the highest quality final possible. Which is good for tennis. :)

i think so too

mariavikafan
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Because it was her last Wimbledon final ever:shrug:

Onjanae.
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah......

Semis, through there are a lot of landmines in the way that could prevent it from happening.

Oh you're just being difficult ;). What the match lacked in drama til the last point was a tension, a gripping context (The return of the true number one? Can Serena beat Henin in a slam again? And all that). And it was very tight at the start of the third, Henin having a lot of momementum, and the trading of breaks. Serena didn't steam away until she was 4-2* up. And it was just so tense throughout, making Serena's ability to serve it out the way she did all the more amazing. That was a very good match. Maybe not at good as the aforementioned, but worthy of a mention.

Orbis
Jan 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
That would be a great final provided it won't be a hot mess like Miami. But even that match was dramatic, so I guess they can always produce drama. Side note: Why does everyone say Kimberly now ? :lol:

Juju Nostalgique
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I prefer Kim losing 1st or 2nd round! :woohoo:

Brett.
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Fuck No!

volta
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
No

I prefer Kim losing 1st or 2nd round! :woohoo:

:banana:

mb011
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM
No, I would not like it, but thanks for the offer. Now, a Henin vs Janković final - that would be a cat fight for every point.

it-girl
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
No, not at all.

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM

IKR :o

Because it was her last Wimbledon final ever:shrug:

Shut up or I will post a video from that 2007 AO final :lol:

No, I would not like it, but thanks for the offer. Now, a Henin vs Janković final - that would be a cat fight for every point.

So true !!! Drama :inlove:

What's up Justine ? :hysteric:

ViceUltramontain
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Please no. Their 2004 final is a bad memory. I don't want to see that again. Well, at least, De Jenken will not be there to help Justine but still. I prefer Kim-Venus or Kim-Azarenka.

Alejandrawrrr
Jan 15th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I'd rather not... :unsure:

oomph
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Clijster's serve is shit lately.

Brisbane. :love:

cellophane
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Please no. Their 2004 final is a bad memory. I don't want to see that again. Well, at least, De Jenken will not be there to help Justine but still. I prefer Kim-Venus or Kim-Azarenka.

Those will be poor as well.

ViceUltramontain
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Those will be poor as well.

With Venus yes, but I think Azarenka-Clijsters should be a nice match-up on this surface.

cellophane
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:22 PM
With Venus yes, but I think Azarenka-Clijsters should be a nice match-up on this surface.

Azarenka isn't really a problem for Kim on this surface IMO. :shrug: She can't overpower Kim and Kim exploits her movement side to side...

Lenny_DH
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:26 PM
That would be the best and most likely scenario. Kim could then finally avenge her GS final losses against Justine.

Lucemferre
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:29 PM
No because Clijsters would surely choke hard and lose.

doooma6816
Jan 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
If they play well I will like it.

Ryan
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:01 PM

6-3 6-2 in Sydney. :o

I wouldn't mind Kim-Justine for the type of tennis they can produce, but I wouldn't enjoy it for "fan" purposes; I like both of them but I would have trouble rooting for either.

I'd much rather a Wozniacki - Ivanovic final. :drool: :dreaming:

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:05 PM
No because Clijsters would surely choke hard and lose.

:lol:

Brena
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
No thanks.

Raiden
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Their last two matches were proper horror shows (The Miami SF was one of the worst tennis matches that I have seen between two top players).Now now let's not get hyperbolic. The two matches were too much of an emotional roller-coaster ride for the players and their respective fans but for neutral viewers and the crowd (who were gasping all the time) they were entertaining matches and fun to watch. No need to pretend as if those two played as bad a match as your typically underwhelming Williams-sisters matches, which by all accounts were bad enough to the point of convincing everyone from Dementieva right down to audiences everywhere that the sisters were faking it.

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Now now let's not get hyperbolic. The two matches were too much of an emotional roller-coaster ride for the players and their respective fans but for neutral viewers and the crowd (who were gasping all the time) they were entertaining matches and fun to watch. No need to pretend as if those two played as bad a match as your typically underwhelming Williams-sisters matches, which by all accounts are the worst ever, to the point of convincing everyone from Dementieva right down to audiences everywhere that the sisters were faking it.

Oh noes.
You just did. :scared: Watch WS fans going crazy. :lol:

Miss Amor
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Now now let's not get hyperbolic. The two matches were too much of an emotional roller-coaster ride for the players and their respective fans but for neutral viewers and the crowd (who were gasping all the time) they were entertaining matches and fun to watch.

Sure, about 100 unforced errors and half the amount of winners is an entertaining match :tape: (Those were the stats from the Miami SF).Playing each other is a roller coaster for them because they are from the same county, but that rule doesnt apply to players from the same family I see.

Stop being so pressed, it was an extremely shitty match, and the WS have nothing to do with that :wavey:

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Stop being so pressed, it was an extremely shitty match, and the WS have nothing to do with that :wavey:

Except that tie break. :tears: Why Justine why?

Shvedbarilescu
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:56 PM
A Henin v Clijsters final is something that I am hardly either hoping for or actively rooting for. However it is not something I oppose either and if it happens I am sure I will enjoy it.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I would love it if both lost early :)

DaMamaJama87
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:37 PM
For the last time!!!!!!! Kim's name is not Kimberly!!!! Her full birth name is Kim Anthonie Lode Clijsters. It is not Kimberly! Kimberly is a North American name, Kim is a European one. Get it straight!

pav
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:41 PM
For the last time!!!!!!! Kim's name is not Kimberly!!!! Her full birth name is Kim Anthonie Lode Clijsters. It is not Kimberly! Kimberly is a North American name, Kim is a European one. Get it straight!
Sounds better than Puddingface that some bastard calls her :)

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM

It's funny to call her Kimberly. :shrug:

After all, Justine is Chinese on TF. Nothing wrong with that at all.

DaMamaJama87
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
It's funny to call her Kimberly. :shrug:

After all, Justine is Chinese on TF. Nothing wrong with that at all.

It's not funny. It's dumb and stupid. That's not her name. No one here calls Henin Christine, where have you heard that? If they did call her Christine it would be just a dumb and stupid as calling Kim, Kimberly. People might think Kimberly is her real name.

ExXotikal
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Since when those two offer memorable GS finals?

Anyways if that ever happens, I will root for Justine. I like her and she's on a whole another level to me if you compare her to Kim.

young_gunner913
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
It's not funny. It's dumb and stupid. That's not her name. No one here calls Henin Christine, where have you heard that? If they did call her Christine it would be just a dumb and stupid as calling Kim, Kimberly. People might think Kimberly is her real name.

Jeez, lighten up.

ExXotikal

And?

http://i55.tinypic.com/b6zy1d.jpg

Flavia P.
Schiavone v Pennetta would be way better. Any pairing of Italians would make the best AO final in years.

danieln1
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Chill out dude, itīs just a joke, itīs a homage from TF! And itīs funny also! :haha: :haha:

We even had a Daniela Safina/Sanowa for peteīs sake, which is much worse!

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM

You are wrong, some call Justine Christine, and I find it very funny. Even Justine herself thinks it's funny (she laughed at the 2007 USO). Geez, calm down.

Since when those two offer memorable GS finals?

Anyways if that ever happens, I will root for Justine. I like her and she's on a whole another level to me if you compare her to Kim.

:worship:

mariavikafan
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what's wrong with u:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TennisFan66
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Justine Vs Kim would be my personal 2nd choice. I'd prefer Caro Vs Kim :lol:

debby
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what's wrong with u:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I remember him telling me Kim was the GOAT or something.

Nicolas
Jan 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Schiavone v Pennetta would be way better. Any pairing of Italians would make the best AO final in years.

:o

Roookie
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Their last two matches were proper horror shows (The Miami SF was one of the
worst tennis matches that I have seen between two top players).

Keep repeating that to yourself. And why not mention Brisbane Final?, last year's best match.

Now now let's not get hyperbolic. The two matches were too much of an emotional roller-coaster ride for the players and their respective fans but for neutral viewers and the crowd (who were gasping all the time) they were entertaining matches and fun to watch. No need to pretend as if those two played as bad a match as your typically underwhelming Williams-sisters matches, which by all accounts were bad enough to the point of convincing everyone from Dementieva right down to audiences everywhere that the sisters were faking it.

This this and this.

Huntress55
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:04 AM
No, I dont want Henin in the final.
Kim in the final would be awesome, although she's in the same half as Sam so my preference would obviously be with Sam :p but if it cant be her, then Kim :yeah:

The Dawntreader
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Really, really not.

It's attractive on paper, but they are often so episodic, to the point of them becoming rather dull. The most random passages of play always occur, either by Clijsters hitting a dozen DF's in two service games, or Justine hitting 4 fh errors to retrieve/hand back games and trawl back the most unlikely of deficits.

They don't pair up well at all. Their Brisbane and Miami encounters are some of the most ungainly matches i've seen two elite players play.

Miss Amor
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Keep repeating that to yourself.

Why? I would rather forget about that horror show, but since there was a topic about them playing again, I had to mention it.

And why not mention Brisbane Final?, last year's best match.

No.

Really, really not.

It's attractive on paper, but they are often so episodic, to the point of them becoming rather dull. The most random passages of play always occur, either by Clijsters hitting a dozen DF's in two service games, or Justine hitting 4 fh errors to retrieve/hand back games and trawl back the most unlikely of deficits.

They don't pair up well at all. Their Brisbane and Miami encounters are some of the most ungainly matches i've seen two elite players play.

Exactly. Watch their pressed fans get butthurt now that you've said this :lol:

Smitten
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:21 AM
The matches are fine until Justine starts pinning Clijsters to her BH side with an array of low slices and loopers.

Mary Cherry.
Jan 16th, 2011, 02:25 AM
If it's anything like last year's Brisbane final, then yes please. If not, I have a fiver on Bepa to make it to the final so I wouldn't be totally gutted if Kimberly has another brain fart mid-tournament.

cellophane
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Miami HL

e1rGm__ynzU

gentenaire
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM
No!

I'd rather have a Henin -Clijsters final than Henin vs some total unknown Kimberly.

Lord Choc Ice
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM
No, their matches are messy.

Marionated
Jan 16th, 2011, 08:56 PM
The Brisbane final was good.

I wouldn't mind it if it happens, with Justine prevailing this time.

Bismarck.
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
No.

What was the best match of the year in your opinion, then?

Miss Amor
Jan 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
What was the best match of the year in your opinion, then?

There were a lot of matches that I thought were better than the Brisbane final (which I admit wasnt as much of a horror show as the Miami match).

Off the top of my head -

Henin def. Wickmayer at AO (best match of the year for me)
Petrova def Rezai (RG)
Zvonareva vs Kirilenko (Beijing)
Mattek vs Clijsters (Rogers Cup?)
Kvitova vs Kanepi (Wimb)
Venus def. Peer (USO)
Henin def. Elena
(I also thought that Schiavone vs Kirilenko (at RG) was better than the Brisbane final).

Tech1
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
No!!!!

terjw
Jan 16th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Well if Caro doesn't make it past Justine - then yes. A Kim vs Justine final with Kim winning. But I'd prefer a Kim vs Caro final.

cocco80
Jan 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't mind.

justineheninfan
Jan 17th, 2011, 01:20 AM
There were a lot of matches that I thought were better than the Brisbane final (which I admit wasnt as much of a horror show as the Miami match).

Off the top of my head -

Henin def. Wickmayer at AO (best match of the year for me)
Petrova def Rezai (RG)
Zvonareva vs Kirilenko (Beijing)
Mattek vs Clijsters (Rogers Cup?)
Kvitova vs Kanepi (Wimb)
Venus def. Peer (USO)
Henin def. Elena
(I also thought that Schiavone vs Kirilenko (at RG) was better than the Brisbane final).

Serena vs Sharapova at Wimbledon and Serena vs Stosur at the French were also good matches I thought.

I agree the Brisbane final wasnt amazing. It was quite good, not great. Lots of ups and downs by both as usual per their matches.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 17th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Now now let's not get hyperbolic. The two matches were too much of an emotional roller-coaster ride for the players and their respective fans but for neutral viewers and the crowd (who were gasping all the time) they were entertaining matches and fun to watch. No need to pretend as if those two played as bad a match as your typically underwhelming Williams-sisters matches, which by all accounts were bad enough to the point of convincing everyone from Dementieva right down to audiences everywhere that the sisters were faking it.

what??? those matches last year were horrid...we all know the only reason people question ws matches

homogenius
Jan 17th, 2011, 01:29 AM
no